PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] Planet ORD Mandell Released (New Areas)

RedHawke
09-24-2004, 05:47 AM
[Insert Evil Laugh Here]

Hello all,

Well... I was playing around with TK102's old idea/discovery that travelling to other worlds is possible (Thanks to StormTrooper789 here is the threads link (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127001)). Anyway I had planned some new areas then it dawned on me, I should make this a new planet... so I did! :D

Here it is the planet ORD Mandell, ready for your exploration.

This mod adds 5 new areas on their own planet, and two new quests, plus some other interesting tidbits, for your enjoyment.

Version 1.0 Released 09-30-2004

Update Version 1.2 Released 07-16-2006 Get It Here. :ben: (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/)

Older Version 1.1 Now with an easy to use Windows Installer EXE... Thanks to Fred Tetra! Still available here. (http://www.starwarsknights.com/kotor1mods.php)

EDIT 08-11-2005: Alternative download (v1.2) courtesy of ChAiNz.2da... here! :D (http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/RHORDMandellMod12.7z)

Version 1.1 FIXES: Hopefully it fixed the locked door problem some have expirienced.
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I thought I would add that for anyone that has saved after going to ORD But could not open the hangerbay door just extract the m33aa.git file from module liv_m99ae and drop it in override, open the door then save the game and remove the m33aa.git from override and you'll be on your way.
Version 1.2: Thanks and Kudos to Kaspian, added functionality to use the Rapid Transit Function on ORD Mandell. I thought this was lost but I found it on an old backup CD.

From The Readme
--------------------------------------------------
This Mod Does:
-----------------------------
This mod adds a new visitable planet to KOTOR, ORD Mandell, a republic resupply colony. It has a landing area, and apartment block, an outside area, some Storage caverns, and a suprise area, search the caverns for it. :)

ORD Mandell has two merchants available, Sval Raan an Aratech Merchant and representative, he has the usual fare, Medical, Repair, sundries, nothing really extravagent. The second merchant is Baracus the bartender in the Cantina, because of the Juhani Side-Quest Bug not letting you get the Mika Dorin premium merchant offer, Baracus sells the Mika Dorin stuff as well, so now you can let Juhani slice up her tormentor, and still be able to buy good stuff.

There are two quests available on ORD Mandell, one is from Warren the Quarren, he is a Pazaak player in trouble, and the other is from the Republic Base commander Major Brell Stygian, talk to them and see, feel free to explore first if you want.

Warning: Recommended Character level for planet is 14+, You will be in for some potentially tough, but really good fights. You have been warned! ;^)

New Armor: (By Achilles)
------------------------------------------------
*Republic Battle Armor* By Achilles (Used And Included With His Permission)

This armors files have been modified by me some, to make the files compatable with my other mods, and reduce the texture size a bit.

You get the Armor as a major-part of the quest reward from Major Stygian.

Other Possible Bugs And Module Notes
-------------------------------------------------
There is no planet text on the galaxy map for the planet, this would require editing the dialogue.tlk file and if I included one not only would the download size go up by 1.8 megs or so but it would mess with the non-english versions of the game. You can use TK102's KOTORTlk program to edit your own dialogue.tlk if you want to, the planets name ORD Mandell goes into entry #42505, and the planets description should go into entry #42511, too big to give here. Anyway I wouldn't suggest it, I left it alone and without text myself. :D

The transit function does not seem to work in custom modules.

And I have no idea if the planet will become unavailable like the others do when you crash on the unknown world, I hope it does, but I have no idea if it really will, either way I would suggest once going to the unknown world, if the planet is still available, to avoid going to it, as I don't know what the effects on your savegame would be. If the planet is still available when you leave the unknown world, and you go to it, instead of the Star Forge like you are supposed to... you could mess up your save game so you do this at your own risk!!!

With all that out of the way...

Enjoy! :D

T7nowhere
09-24-2004, 06:00 AM
I'll check it out asap. :)

stingerhs
09-24-2004, 06:18 AM
:eek: this mod is...is... umm...well...just...umm...
*begins staring at the screen in silence*
j/k!! excellent work!!! will it be another staff pick @pcgamemods???? i'd nominate it!!!

Lorden Darkblade
09-24-2004, 06:39 AM
Sounds great!
I'll download it ASAP and test it :)
Must have taken days to do it :p

MTV2
09-24-2004, 07:34 AM
Wow this awsome Redhawke, it's a must:D

Prime
09-24-2004, 08:14 AM
Looks cool!

Colja
09-24-2004, 11:02 AM
Love the mod! but I have a question, how do I enter the republic enclave or whatever? I get off the ship and talk to the twi'lek, but when I try to open the door it says its locked and I can't seem to enter......HELP!

FiEND_138
09-24-2004, 04:11 PM
Wow man, that had to have been the most difficult experience I've ever had in this game. Well done!!

DarthBuzzard
09-24-2004, 05:41 PM
awesome! *drools*

Downloading ASAP!

elijah_76
09-24-2004, 06:18 PM
I am also experiencing the same problem as Colja. Is there some trigger that I need to activate?

Drog
09-24-2004, 08:03 PM
Go(o)d work ;)

RedHawke
09-24-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying it people! :D

Originally posted by Colja
Love the mod! but I have a question, how do I enter the republic enclave or whatever? I get off the ship and talk to the twi'lek, but when I try to open the door it says its locked and I can't seem to enter......HELP!

Originally posted by elijah_76
I am also experiencing the same problem as Colja. Is there some trigger that I need to activate?

That's wierd guys, the entry door's properties has no lock!!! :eyeraise: I made it into a standard openable door, it has never been locked for me. :confused:

Did you warp there or travel normally?

The only thing that door has on it is a script to set 2 unused Taris global numbers to 1, nothing that would stop it from opening, check your override directories for a conflicting mod, or a m33aa.git file it could be overriding the one in the mod. Other than that I really don't know what to tell you. :confused:

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: I just looked again and the door file k33a_dor_port.utd that is packed in the .mod doesn't have the locked property active. I'm going to have to lean toward the problem being a conflicing mod of some sort, or a m33aa.git file in your override directories.

Nodakrattler
09-24-2004, 11:14 PM
ROCK ON!!! I've been wait to see a mod like this.

Mono_Giganto
09-25-2004, 06:57 AM
Awesome job Redhawke!

CDRSeadog
09-25-2004, 07:33 AM
Ahh yes - what did I once say about you as a modder, RedHawke?
Hmmm - I believe the words gifted, indefatigable, and prolific were all included at one time or another *chuckles*

I must concur with the masses on this mod though - it truly is "awesome":-)

svösh
09-25-2004, 07:00 PM
This looks really cool, I ‘ll give t a try on my next play through :thumbsup:

Great work !

svösh

Achilles
09-26-2004, 02:45 AM
Just played through and was very impressed by how difficult it must have been to put all of that together. I really liked how you incorporated the various modules...it worked very well.

Keep up the amazing work!

Drog
09-26-2004, 03:28 AM
Redhawke .. whats up with the underground gang
cant fight them !"!:confused: !""#"¤"%&#¤!!!:confused: ?!!!!!?
:mad: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode: :violin: :'(

Achilles
09-26-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Drog
:mad: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode: :violin: :'( You have to initiate a conversation with the Mandalorian (Jax). If you tried that and are still having problems, then perhaps some specifics will help us to understand exactly what's not working for you.

Thanks!

RedHawke
09-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Drog
:mad: :swear: :swear: :swear: :swear: :explode: :violin: :'(

You mean Captain Jax and his crew?

You can't do anything with them until you agree to help Warren the Quarren, then go talk to Jax and he won't like you very much.

The same goes for the plastic crates blocking your way in the caverns, those won't go away until you agree to help the Major, and then once you are in the caverns talk to the Leutenant, about getting past the road blocks.

I wish there was a way to have that apartment door not open up until you have agreed to help Warren, but I couldn't find a place for conditional scripts for opening doors... Oh well. :D

Originally posted by Achilles
Just played through and was very impressed by how difficult it must have been to put all of that together. I really liked how you incorporated the various modules...it worked very well.

Keep up the amazing work!

Thanks Achilles, yes it was a real struggle to find the right areas that would kinda-sorta look right when grouped together.

Colja, elijah_76 you still having door trouble?

If so, and it isn't too much trouble, I would like a list of the mods you have installed and I can try to see which one would possibly be the culprit, as this is the only possibility I could see the problem being, as it seems only a small amount of people are having trouble with the first door.

Achilles
09-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Warren the Quarren :rofl:

I took note of the name but I didn't put two and two together until now. That's hilarious!

RedHawke
09-26-2004, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
:rofl:

I took note of the name but I didn't put two and two together until now. That's hilarious!

:D

And how about Mr. Happy?

Mav
09-27-2004, 12:56 AM
Just DL'ed it I'll give it a whirl

StormTrooper789
09-27-2004, 04:50 AM
Originally Posted by RedHawke
Well... I was playing around with TK102's old idea/discovery that travelling to other worlds is possible (Search Function Down so I can't provide the threads link). Anyway I had planned some new areas then it dawned on me, I should make this a new planet... so I did!

I have the link!:THE LINK! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127001)

Darkkender
09-27-2004, 10:29 AM
:eek: :cool: ok paint me impressed I haven't run through it yet but soon will. The only thing I can think of is hey where are the swoop races we need another swoop race in the game. That and another dueling arena like on taris(exception of the dantooine dueling ring). It would be above and beyond the call of modding if either or both of these things found there way into an update for this mod eventually. :D

Mono_Giganto
09-27-2004, 12:03 PM

And how about Mr. Happy?

Mr. Happy! That actually made me fall out of my chair laughing, when I got up HK 47 was in 3 pieces. :D

DarkBlade2Z
09-27-2004, 04:24 PM
And what about this secret area you speak of O' Master RedHawke? I couldn't find it? And I looked all over the caves....I'll look again right now, and hope I stumble across it.

------
"The Jawa's are funny little things, aren't they Boba?":evanpiel:
"Yep, and good target practice too.....PULL!" :fett:

elijah_76
09-27-2004, 05:21 PM
RedHawke, I have cleared out all of the mods I had installed previously except for:

Your Item pack1b
No fighters mod
EZ Swoop mod
Jawa Shop mod
Ord Mandell Mod
Swoop Colour change mod

I will test these out and see what happens.

RedHawke
09-27-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by StormTrooper789
I have the link!:THE LINK! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=127001)
Thanks StormTrooper789! :D
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Mr. Happy! That actually made me fall out of my chair laughing, when I got up HK 47 was in 3 pieces. :D
Originally posted by DarkBlade2Z
And what about this secret area you speak of O' Master RedHawke? I couldn't find it? And I looked all over the caves....I'll look again right now, and hope I stumble across it.
The back of the cavern behind Mr. Happy the Rancor. Be prepared for a fight! :D
RedHawke, I have cleared out all of the mods I had installed previously except for:

Your Item pack1b
No fighters mod
EZ Swoop mod
Jawa Shop mod
Ord Mandell Mod
Swoop Colour change mod

I will test these out and see what happens.
I hope it works for you. :)

elijah_76 did you happen to have the Holowan Plugin installed when the door didn't work for you?

RedHawke
09-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Has anyone else had the door locked problem that Colja, elijah_76, and Lord*Venfort have had happen?

If so did you have the Holowan Plugin installed?

If not then I guess I'm freaking out for nothing. :headbump

*Celebratory Dance*

This mod also got Staff Pick at PCGameMods... WhooHoo!!!

:rddance: :elephant: :yeldance:

T7nowhere
09-28-2004, 09:35 PM
Thanks StormTrooper789! :D

The back of the cavern behind Mr. Happy the Rancor. Be prepared for a fight! :D

I hope it works for you. :)

elijah_76 did you happen to have the Holowan Plugin installed when the door didn't work for you?

I have Holowan Plug-in installed ;) and it worked for me. :p

Achilles
09-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Has anyone else had the door locked problem that Colja, elijah_76, and Lord*Venfort have had happen?

If so did you have the Holowan Plugin installed?

If not then I guess I'm freaking out for nothing. :headbump

*Celebratory Dance*

This mod also got Staff Pick at PCGameMods... WhooHoo!!!

:rddance: :elephant: :yeldance:

Works just fine for me...and congratulations!

RedHawke
09-28-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
I have Holowan Plug-in installed ;) and it worked for me. :p

Hmm... so much for that theory. :headbump

elijah_76
09-29-2004, 05:19 PM
Actually, I did have the Holowan Plug-in installed when I was experiencing this problem.

DarkBlade2Z
09-29-2004, 07:05 PM
Oh wow I'm dumb. I had actually found that little area back there with the Mandalorians. But I though you had to kill them to complete the side quest...

RedHawke
09-29-2004, 09:47 PM
Actually, I did have the Holowan Plug-in installed when I was experiencing this problem.

elijah_76 at least you said "was experiencing this problem" It is working OK for you now at least. I really don't know why that happened, and then only happened for a small few... very strange.

RedHawke
09-30-2004, 10:04 PM
New Version 1.01 Released 09-30-2004

Hopefully by completely re-naming the door file the locked door problem will go away.

*Crosses Fingers*

Big Thanks To T7 for helping me out with this!

As well as everyone else who brought this problem to my attention! :D

T7nowhere
09-30-2004, 10:15 PM
I thought I would add that for anyone that has saved after going to ORD But could not open the hangerbay door just extract the m33aa.git file from module liv_m99ae and drop it in override, open the door then save the game and remove the m33aa.git from override and you'll be on your way.

Im glad you could get it fixed Redhawke. :cool:

TheOutrider
10-04-2004, 02:47 PM
I have the mod downloaded but how do I get it on the galaxy map (I read the readme but its all so confusing:confused: )Or is it possible to warp there

RedHawke
10-04-2004, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by TheRealJedidude
I have the mod downloaded but how do I get it on the galaxy map (I read the readme but its all so confusing:confused: )Or is it possible to warp there

:confused: Confusing??? :confused:

From The Readme:

Installation Instructions:
Just extract the contents of the 'For Override' folder into your KOTOR override, and extract the contents of the 'For Modules' folder to your KOTOR modules folder.

Or a .kmm file is included to use with Cchargin's KMM or KOTOR Mod Manager program, and it should be able to put what needs to go where.

If you have my Recruit RedHawke mod installed, or my Weebul & Utiinii's Shop installed, it will ask you to overwrite the global.jrl file in your KOTOR override, this is OK as this one is fully compatable with those mods, if you want to install one of them later on, just make sure to keep the global.jrl from this mod, it is the most recent, and they will all 3 work fine.

This mod should be compatable with just about everyone elses mods as well.
I tried to make it as simple of an installation as I could. As long as you extract the files to their right places you should be OK. :D

TheOutrider
10-05-2004, 08:43 PM
:confused: Confusing??? :confused:

From The Readme:

Installation Instructions:
Just extract the contents of the 'For Override' folder into your KOTOR override, and extract the contents of the 'For Modules' folder to your KOTOR modules folder.

Or a .kmm file is included to use with Cchargin's KMM or KOTOR Mod Manager program, and it should be able to put what needs to go where.

If you have my Recruit RedHawke mod installed, or my Weebul & Utiinii's Shop installed, it will ask you to overwrite the global.jrl file in your KOTOR override, this is OK as this one is fully compatable with those mods, if you want to install one of them later on, just make sure to keep the global.jrl from this mod, it is the most recent, and they will all 3 work fine.

This mod should be compatable with just about everyone elses mods as well.
I tried to make it as simple of an installation as I could. As long as you extract the files to their right places you should be OK. :D Sorry just mostly used to throwing everything in the overide folder and will I have to start a new game over after I reinstall everything into there right places

RedHawke
10-06-2004, 10:29 PM
Thanks to Fred Tetra... my ORD Mandell Mod now has its own windows installer exe.

Now you can install the mod from an easy to use windows installer program, and if you later wish to uninstall it just go to add/remove programs and you can remove it there.

For those of you having installation trouble with the first version(s) this easier windows installer version is now available from my site.

Just unzip the RHORDMandellSetup.exe to whereever you want, and run it... you can't get any easier than that! :D

Just a safety note, the mod hasn't changed in this revision, hence why it is still 1.01, just the addition of the new installer. :)

Thanks Fred! :D

abcdow
10-06-2004, 11:14 PM
Unbelievable! I just finished playing this area, incredible, no wonder it was named the mod of the week! I can't praise this enough. I've used a wide variety of mods out there, a lot of great mods, and I hope I don't offend any of the other modders out there (whose mods are great and I constantly use, and have influenced my first mod), but this is the best mod I've played. It's obvious that a lot of work and thought went into this mod.
Congrats Redhawke on mod of the week, it's well deserved.

whitguy
10-13-2004, 09:50 AM
Hello i was just wondering how you get in to the STRONGBOX that is own'd by darth333 he says that he was waiting for me and left me some stuff in the STRONGBOX but i still cant get in it. PLEASE reply and thank you.

PS: The mod is awesome

TheOutrider
10-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Thanks to Fred Tetra... my ORD Mandell Mod now has its own windows installer exe.

Now you can install the mod from an easy to use windows installer program, and if you later wish to uninstall it just go to add/remove programs and you can remove it there.

For those of you having installation trouble with the first version(s) this easier windows installer version is now available from my site.

Just unzip the RHORDMandellSetup.exe to whereever you want, and run it... you can't get any easier than that! :D

Just a safety note, the mod hasn't changed in this revision, hence why it is still 1.01, just the addition of the new installer. :)

Thanks Fred! :D Thanks RedHawke now you can install it with a click of a mouse, button, thingy

RedHawke
10-13-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by whitguy
Hello i was just wondering how you get in to the STRONGBOX that is own'd by darth333 he says that he was waiting for me and left me some stuff in the STRONGBOX but i still cant get in it. PLEASE reply and thank you.
:eyeraise: Er'... I believe you just open it. :D

PS: Darth333 is very definately a she! :D
PS: The mod is awesome
I'm glad you are enjoying it. :D

whitguy
10-14-2004, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedHawke
[B]:eyeraise: Er'... I believe you just open it. :D

Thanks for replying but i still cant get in it says its locked
please help. Thanks:confused:

RedHawke
10-14-2004, 07:57 PM
Thanks for replying but i still cant get in it says its locked please help. Thanks :confused:

You open the footlocker... just like any other locked footlocker in the game, use the middle security option.

If your main PC's security skill cannot open it, use a Party NPC that has the highest security skill and try with them. You probably cannot open the footlocker because your security skill is not high enough. (You have to beat a 20 difficulty, if you can't beat a 20 difficulty go back to it when you can)

If you don't get a security option then check your KOTOR override for a stray footlker001.utp file and delete it.

Darth333
10-14-2004, 08:01 PM
You probably cannot open the footlocker because your security skill is not high enough. (You have to beat a 20 difficulty, if you can't beat a 20 difficulty go back to it when you can)
Of course, I don't let just anyone open my strongbox: I am used to play with locks :lock: so you need to have some skill to open it :D

Thanks Redhawke, I found that pretty funny when i played your mod :)

whitguy
10-15-2004, 11:33 AM
You open the footlocker... just like any other locked footlocker in the game, use the middle security option.

If your main PC's security skill cannot open it, use a Party NPC that has the highest security skill and try with them. You probably cannot open the footlocker because your security skill is not high enough. (You have to beat a 20 difficulty, if you can't beat a 20 difficulty go back to it when you can)

If you don't get a security option then check your KOTOR override for a stray footlker001.utp file and delete it.

Thanks i finily opend it thanks a lot.

whitguy
10-15-2004, 11:40 AM
Hey RedHawke i was just wondering if you can make i new looking person on kotor you know because im kind of getting sick of the normal faces that came with the game and i was just wondering if you can make like any new kind of face it would be kind of cool if you made a alian face that would be cool. OH and thanks for telling me what to do to get in the STRONGBOX.

RedHawke
10-17-2004, 12:41 AM
^^^^
You know whitguy the Holowan Plugin has a ton of new player heads, and if I remember correctly it allows you to play as a Twilek as well. You might want to check that out. :D

Ferrek
10-17-2004, 06:28 PM
I downloaded and installed this mod a while ago, but I haven't yet visited it - I decided I'd wait 'til I was done on Coriban (which was the last Star Map location for me). Now, when I want to leave for Ord Mandell I can't choose it on the planet map. The icon for it is there but if I click it, nothing happens, just like if I click Dantooine (which at this point in the game isn't accessible).

I tried loading an earlier savegame and I can select it in that, so it seems the planet becomes inaccessible when the Star Forge system is revealed. Any easy way to fix this?

I have almost all your other mods installed, as well as a couple of reskins but nothing that (I think) should conflict with the Ord Mandell mod. Then again, what do I know? ;)

monkey joe
10-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Great mod!!!

It would be cool (like darkkender posted) if you could have a Taris-Style Battle Area but with jedi, sith, mandalorians, and other stuff like rancors that you could battle. Giving you like some of your mods every time you beat someone. Making people actually work for your great mods, Other modder people could use this too. It change modding like forever!!! But it might not work in some cases.

RedHawke
10-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Ferrek
I downloaded and installed this mod a while ago, but I haven't yet visited it - I decided I'd wait 'til I was done on Coriban (which was the last Star Map location for me). Now, when I want to leave for Ord Mandell I can't choose it on the planet map. The icon for it is there but if I click it, nothing happens, just like if I click Dantooine (which at this point in the game isn't accessible).
Well Ferrek a big Thank You for confirming what I had hoped would work, but I was waiting until someone confirmed it... yes the planet was supposed to become un-visitable after the Unknown World became available, I put ORD Mandell into what Bioware called "The Creamy Middle" (No Joking!) in the starmap script, so that is supposed to happen, I guess you will have to play it from an earlier savegame.
Originally posted by Ferrek
I tried loading an earlier savegame and I can select it in that, so it seems the planet becomes inaccessible when the Star Forge system is revealed. Any easy way to fix this?
Unfortunately no, this is how it is supposed to be, so as not to mess with the ending of the game. The only way would to be to visit it before getting the last star map.

Sorry about that, but that is what I hoped would happen, so the games end would not be messed with, you can read about that in my first post in this thread. It has been a worry since I released the mod, you are the first to confirm it becomes unavailable after the 5th Star Map.
Originally posted by monkey joe
It would be cool (like darkkender posted) if you could have a Taris-Style Battle Area but with jedi, sith, mandalorians, and other stuff like rancors that you could battle. Giving you like some of your mods every time you beat someone. Making people actually work for your great mods, Other modder people could use this too. It change modding like forever!!!
Unfortunately Arena-like areas don't really intrest me, they just aren't my thing... and there are a couple allready in existance, Maverick187 has a pretty good one allready in game that you can do on Dantooine it is called The Jedi Training Module (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7236/).

I hope this helps! :D

Ferrek
10-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Ah, ok. I thought the intention was to have it inaccessible when you leave the Unknown World, not before. You can travel to any planet (except Dantooine) once you've found all the four starmaps, which is why I assumed the same was intended to be the case for the Ord Mandell planet.

Mav
10-18-2004, 01:08 AM
RedHawke,

I finally started a new game and had a chance to test out the new planet, but I visited and unfortunately I had the locked door problem, and yes I did have the latest version installed, I'm going to try deleting all the files and reinstalling the mod I'll get back to you.

Update:
I completely deleted all of the files that are in this mod, used the installer to completely un-install the mod, and then I re-installed the mod, but the door is still locked for me. And once again I am using the 1.01 version. Help???

monkey joe
10-18-2004, 04:46 AM

Unfortunately Arena-like areas don't really intrest me, they just aren't my thing... and there are a couple allready in existance, Maverick187 has a pretty good one allready in game that you can do on Dantooine it is called The Jedi Training Module (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7236/).

Man! My computer wont load pcgamemods.com oh well.:( :( :(

OfficerDonNZ
10-18-2004, 02:42 PM
RedHawke you've done a great job with this mod. :) I had to laugh when i saw the name of the Rancor!! Infact all your mods a very cool. I had to smile when I saw which female PC head you'd used for your RedHawke NPC mode as that's the one I usually use for my PC (minous the red hair and the spooky green eyes) :D Keep up the good work!! Now if I could just fingure out why your Tatooine Jawa store isn't showing up.......

monkey joe
10-18-2004, 06:02 PM
adding to the arena thing: What's the max amount of enemies you can fight in one area?
Could it be like the matrix when you have to fight like 100 guys.:p :p :p

Comment by Darth333: since this is getting pretty much off topic, and in order not to clutter Redhawkes thread, this post has been answered in the mod requests sticky: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1666551#post1666551
For mod requests, please use the mod requests sticky or if you want to ask someone specifically, then use the PM system or your posts could be erased/moved.

RedHawke
10-18-2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by maverick187
RedHawke,

Update:
I completely deleted all of the files that are in this mod, used the installer to completely un-install the mod, and then I re-installed the mod, but the door is still locked for me. And once again I am using the 1.01 version. Help???

Well you must have loaded the area in your game first with the old version, so simply installing the new version over it won't fix the problem, as the locked door is now in your savegame.

You should try what T7 suggested for a fix to savegames with the locked door problem. (I quoted what T7 said as a solution in the first post of this thread.)

adding to the arena thing: What's the max amount of enemies you can fight in one area?
Could it be like the matrix when you have to fight like 100 guys.:p :p :p

I already said monkey joe above that arena mods don't intrest me (Read that as I don't really like them at all, or use them!), so how would I know? :confused:

Thanks for diverting this one Darth333! :D

Mav
10-19-2004, 12:27 AM
^^^
Thanks Redhawke, I'm really looking forward to checking out your new planet. I'll let you know what I think you can be sure about that ;)

Ghola
10-25-2004, 06:37 AM
Hey Redhawke,

Most excellent work on this mod. I had a lot of fun with it, especially after finding those cool Dark One robes! Another wonderful surprise was the stack of Baragwin Heavy Repeaters all upgraded, as well as the stack of Baragwin Assault Blades. Needless to say, after finishing your little mod, I was QUITE well equipped for the 'endgame'.

That merchant selling the goods Mika would sell if Juhani's sidequest didn't ruin it made my night, no more giving up Mika to get Juhani.

Great work. Fantastic! I'll note here I also am a fan of your Jedi Robes, Kotor did so well in other areas, but I was always a bit disappointed with the bland lifeless robes we Jedi got. You've definitely fixed that little issue. (Mmm, Bastilla looks so good in those golden robes!).

I'll certainly be watching for more from you! Keep at it!

Idaho

Dr. Jekyll
10-25-2004, 04:24 PM
Hey Redhawke, I downloaded the mod, but when I go to the planet, I can't leave the Ebon Hawk! When I try to walk off the ship, it brings up the party selection screen, but after that the screen just goes black, with no loading screen or anything. All that's left is the mouse pointer. When I hit escape, it brings up all the pause screens, and the map shows me and the other members of my party at the exit of the Ebon Hawk! No matter how much I try to move around to trigger the exit, that's always where it shows us. Please help!

monkey joe
10-25-2004, 05:18 PM
i was wondering just because i've gone through this game so many times. How far do u have to go in the game to reach the planet.
Are there any warp codes

ChAiNz.2da
10-25-2004, 10:44 PM
i was wondering just because i've gone through this game so many times. How far do u have to go in the game to reach the planet.
Are there any warp codes

Hey Monkey Joe, I'm currently running a new game and my party just left Dantooine and it's (OrdMandell) is available...BUT considering the difficulty of RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod (the tunnels) I'd advise against warping un-prepared ;) (What are you feeding those Transdoshans RedHawke...youch!...)

I can only imagine what OrdMandell is going to be like... :eek:

If I remember correctly around 14th level you'd be able to at least let out a whimper before being pommeled heh of course I'm playing highest difficulty WITH a hardcore mod on top of it...

RedHawke
10-26-2004, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Dr. Jekyll
Hey Redhawke, I downloaded the mod, but when I go to the planet, I can't leave the Ebon Hawke! When I try to walk off, it brings up the party selection screen, but after that the screen just goes black, with no loading screen or anything. All that's left is the mouse pointer. Whe I hit escape, it brings up all the pause screens, and the map shows me and the other members of my party at the exit of the Ebon Hawk! No matter how much I try to move around to trigger the exit, that's always where it shows us. Please help!
Did you use the installer exe that Fred Tetra made, or did you download the mod from pcgamemods and unzip it?

It sounds like you don't have the .mod files in your KOTOR modules folder, check your override for any .mod files and move them to your modules folder.

Originally posted by ChAiNz
I'm playing highest difficulty WITH a hardcore mod on top of it...
That is the only way to play KOTOR! :D

Dr. Jekyll
10-26-2004, 08:44 AM
I downloaded it off pcgamemods. I thought the .mod files might be missing too, but they're definetly (or however the heck that's spelled) there. I guess I'll try the version with the installler. I assume I can get that from your site?

monkey joe
10-26-2004, 06:50 PM
Did you use the installer exe that Fred Tetra made, or did you download the mod from pcgamemods and unzip it?

It sounds like you don't have the .mod files in your KOTOR modules folder, check your override for any .mod files and move them to your modules folder.

I have a problem my computer wont load pcgamemods.com
and it says almost all of the mods i download are "invalid or corrupted" its so frustrating!!!
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!!!:swear:

Darth333
10-26-2004, 07:23 PM
and it says almost all of the mods i download are "invalid or corrupted" its so frustrating!!!
Since this mod was named mod of the week it is also hosted at StarWarsKnights.com ;) click on the banner at the top of the page and follow the "mod of the week" link in the menu. I uploaded the latest version with the installer there.

RedHawke
10-27-2004, 09:56 PM
I assume I can get that from your site?
Yes you can Dr. Jekyll the exe that Fred Tetra made is available on my webpage, you can also get it on the Mod of the Week page as Darth333 discribes above.

DarthBuzzard
10-27-2004, 10:02 PM

Get adaware/spysweeper, because I believe your problems in the adaware/spyware.

to RH: just played it, amazing!

(comments from the peanut gallery: more planets!)

Capt_Nemo
10-30-2004, 09:51 PM
How about more planets that also include more star maps? I really like this mod, but I think it would be neat if someone made a new planet that you have to explore, adding more to the game that is needed for completion.

This part isn't from the peanut gallery: RedHawke, like some one else mentioned, shouldn't it be that the planet becomes unavailable after you go to the Unknown Planet, instead of when it becomes available? I mean, when a mod is this good is when you really want to strive for perfection, but if it can't be done, than oh well, the mod is still awesome. The planet becoming unavailable at that point also won't really be a concern for me anyway though because I don't have to wait to level up a lot before going there, because I am using an assortment of items I created that all have the word "Special" in front of it, and they are special because they are severely over powered (apparently, the max bonus that you can get from items for your attributes is 20, i.e.: if you have 16 dexterity, the highest it can get is to 36)

Darkkender
10-30-2004, 10:00 PM
I disagree Capt. Nemo. If you download and play redhawke's recruit redhawke, Redhawke has Str 40 & Dex 50 off the top of my head.

RedHawke
10-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Capt_Nemo
How about more planets that also include more star maps? I really like this mod, but I think it would be neat if someone made a new planet that you have to explore, adding more to the game that is needed for completion.
More Star Maps aren't possible, due to the way the game is currently set up.
This part isn't from the peanut gallery: RedHawke, like some one else mentioned, shouldn't it be that the planet becomes unavailable after you go to the Unknown Planet, instead of when it becomes available?
Uh... it does become unavailable before you go to the unknown world, this was intended, actually Ferrek confirmed it becomes unavailable after the Leviathan. :confused:
I mean, when a mod is this good is when you really want to strive for perfection, but if it can't be done, than oh well, the mod is still awesome. The planet becoming unavailable at that point also won't really be a concern for me anyway though because I don't have to wait to level up a lot before going there, because I am using an assortment of items I created that all have the word "Special" in front of it, and they are special because they are severely over powered (apparently, the max bonus that you can get from items for your attributes is 20, i.e.: if you have 16 dexterity, the highest it can get is to 36)
You completely lost me here.

Dr. Jekyll
10-31-2004, 12:54 PM
Once I downloaded the version with an installer, it worked fine. Guess I had messed up! I really, really like it, except that all the mandalorians seem to drop the exact same reamains (which in my opinion results in having waaaaaay too many credits. And really powerful swords). I hate to nitpick, because everything else about it was awesome, and it would take me decades to learn how to do a mod like this, but it just bugged me a little bit.
Oh, and is there any way to get Achilles to talk to you?

Capt_Nemo
10-31-2004, 01:12 PM
Sorry, I thought it might have been confusing. What I meant is that shouldn't the planet still be available after the Leviathan, because all of the other planets are, except for Dantooine. With the last part I was thinking some people might see it as a problem of it becoming unavailable later in the game because they needed to get more level ups or something in order to be able to survive of those fights, but that problem should never arise for me because I created those over powered items I refered to in the first post. That part was pretty much me rambling on so just ignore it if I lost you.

To darkkender: What I meant by the max it can go is a bonus from items. I believe you can make your stats pretty much what ever you want, like us the save game editor and put them all up at 80, but for bonuses to your stats from items, the most it can increase is by 20. Example: I started a game, edited my stats so they were all at 80 just for fun, and then when i equipped all of the items I made, all of my stats were at 100.

I hope that makes more sense than my first post. Oh, and thanks RedHawke for answeringmmy question about more star maps.

RedHawke
10-31-2004, 09:06 PM
Once I downloaded the version with an installer, it worked fine. Guess I had messed up!
I'm glad it worked for you. :D
I really, really like it, except that all the mandalorians seem to drop the exact same reamains (which in my opinion results in having waaaaaay too many credits. And really powerful swords). I hate to nitpick, but it just bugged me a little bit.
I'm an old-school PnP RPG player, and when you fight an enemy your reward should be what they are carrying, and actually using on you, KOTOR actually irritated me on this point more than anything, many NPC's don't have the equipment they are supposed to have when they are defeated.

You earned what those defeated NPC's had on them, because you faced them in combat, something KOTOR itself does not do too much of.

I hope this addresses your concern. ;)
because everything else about it was awesome, and it would take me decades to learn how to do a mod like this
Thanks Dr. Jekyll. :D

Though it wouldn't actually take you decades to learn to do a mod like this, probably a few months at most. :D
Oh, and is there any way to get Achilles to talk to you?
Well I had to give him a voice so he only says the one spoken line, though I might be adding content to ORD Mandell in the near future, so that might change. :D
Capt_Nemo: When the planet becomes unavailable is really up to the Bioware script, I put it in "The Creamy Middle" (No Joke!) and 'lucky for me' it works as it does, I really have no idea how to go about making it available still after the Leviathan, as the script becomes... well... more complicated, after that part.

Capt_Nemo
11-01-2004, 05:47 PM
I believe you when you say it is called the Creamy Middle. In a bunch of the Bioware scripts I have looked through, they have odd comments. One of them says something along the lines of "This is a hacked together piece of crap. Do not use unless nessecary" or something like that, and another one said that they noticed a problem when it was too late to try and change, but said that you would get over it. I wonder if Kotor 2 will have such humor in it.

Oddball_E8
02-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...
thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...

please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...

sketch42
02-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Oddball_E8
Ive downloaded it and installed it, but got the fright of my life when i realized that i couldnt choose where to install...
thing is, i have a couple of "modded mods" in my override folder... and if one of them is overwritten by the installer id be mightily p*ssed off...

what i usually do with mods using installers is install it to "my documents" and just copy/paste the files... that way i can check that nothing is overwritten... me is not happy now...

please... next time you do something with an installer... give us an option to choose where to install...

why not just move your override folder to My Documets and make a New folder called Override and install this mod .. than do the compare thing???

btw this is well worth the installation

RedHawke
02-07-2005, 07:10 PM

The installer puts the files where they need to go without asking for anything from the user because people consistantly have had problems installing this kind of mod on their own, and if it did what you requested it would completely defeat the purpose of the installer.

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.
Sorry... can't do that... as I didn't make the installer Fred Tetra did, and he saved me a ton of headaches too, I personally don't know anything from installers. Also as I said above that would defeat the purpose of the installer.

Oddball_E8
02-08-2005, 03:49 AM

The only file in your override which could be used in other new area/recruit mods is the global.jrl file, but then all you would just need to do is use the newest compatable one, from a mod you already had downloaded, I know all of Xavier2's are likely compatable.

thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?

im very happy nothing got overwritten (well... cept global.jrl since i also installed your tatooine mod).

very nice mod by the way... didnt dare try to go everywhere since my current character is only level 11, but ill explore soon enough...

oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...

Darth Smaug
02-08-2005, 09:25 AM
damn!! nice work redhawke !! :p

RedHawke
02-08-2005, 08:29 PM
thank you for the info... maby you could include what files are in the mod in future readmes?
Nope, can't do that because there will be no further future readmes for this mod. :p

Also personally, I don't really see a point in listing a mods contained files... that is kind of silly to me. Some KOTOR mods simply cannot do this anyway... waaay too many files. ;)
oh and as for defeating the purpose of the mod... not everyone uses the standard installation path you know...
Yes it would defeat the purpose...

Fred Tetra Made the installer so it auto detects where you installed KOTOR to, very cool I might add. The very purpose of the installer is to put the right files in their correct places without asking for anything from the user, to do otherwise clearly defeats the purpose of the installer, if you could tell it to install files in other places then here would come all the n00b PM's about my mod not working because it didn't install correctly...

As the mod maker I say nay to that option! :D

sherlockemery
02-18-2005, 07:42 PM
Hey guys,

I had a question. I notice that there is a kmm file with this mod, and I use that particular handy tool. My question is will kmm put the proper files into the override folder. I've been out of the loop in this game for awhile, and if my memory serves me right, kmm wouldn't put files into the override folder.

Just curious!

RedHawke
02-18-2005, 09:57 PM
^^^^
KMM is KOTOR Mod Manger, it is made to put a KOTOR Mods files into a users KOTOR\override or wherever the mod maker denotes that a file should go! :D

sherlockemery
02-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Jeez, I'm a idiot :D . Not because I don't know what KMM does, but because in my previous post I meant the modules folder, not override. I know it puts the files into the override, and just typed in the wrong thing. I'm a idiot....

But my (corrected) question is will the latest version of KMM put the information into the modules folder? From what I remember, previous versions of it won't do that.

cchargin
02-20-2005, 04:21 PM
Hello,

KMM has always been able to put files anywhere under the main kotor (and now kotor 2) directory.

By design it can not copy or delete files above the main kotor directory, but anything under is fine.

sherlockemery
02-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by cchargin
Hello,

KMM has always been able to put files anywhere under the main kotor (and now kotor 2) directory.

By design it can not copy or delete files above the main kotor directory, but anything under is fine.

Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140210)
where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.

cchargin
02-20-2005, 05:10 PM
Hello,

If a mod file is not going in the right place it is due to one of the following:
1) the .kmm file that came with the mod puts the file in the wrong place. Please notify the mod creator.
2) the .kmm file has been damaged
3) a mod that did not have a .kmm file was added to KMM and the user did not redirect the particular file in the "add mod" screen.

If the file is still not going to the right place please look at the command prompt that opens up with KMM and look for an error, copy it, and send it to me.

Darkkender
02-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by sherlockemery
Check out one of my replies to the Exar Kun thread found here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140210)
where Darth333 corrects me for being wrong in my assumption that KMM would put files into the Modules folder. I have tried some adding/removing and checking to see if files were transferred by KMM for this mod, and they are (including the Module folder files). However, for the Exar Kun mod, they were not transferred. I'm guessing it's because of my version of the KMM file for the EKun mod.

KMM does not automatically decide which folder a certain file is supposed to go into. That has to be set by either the mods author or if you are creating the KMM for a mod by you. Many of the early mods either had this missed or forgotten in there creation. The easy way to fix this is choose delete mod in kmm then do an add mod option when it pops up the kmm details for the mod change the destination of the file and choose add & update KMM.

If a file does not belong in overide it has to be manually changed in the KMM management screen for the KMM when you create or update it.

sherlockemery
02-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!:D

Darkkender
02-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by sherlockemery
Well, it you guys were right that KMM does do the leg work, as long as the KMM file tells it where to put stuff. I'm not usually happy about being wrong, but I'm quite happy to be wrong here, as it makes me a little smarter in how to mess around with this game!

Thanks for straightening me out!:D

:p Hardly ever am I wrong, just my aproach.:D

But glad to be of service.

Bastion
02-21-2005, 08:07 PM
Has anyone ever encounterd this problem? I installed the ord mandel mod into overide and it asked me to overwrite the global.jrl file from the jawa shop mod. I was not sure what this was so i said no however the mod seemed to work fine except for that male republic soldiers were invisible now everytime i enter an area where a male republic soldier is in a cutscene the game crashes can anyone shed some lighht on this?

sherlockemery
02-21-2005, 09:10 PM
Do you have any other mods installed besides this one?

Bastion
02-21-2005, 09:38 PM
none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop
the jedi training arena mod
holowanacademy
purchasing a droid mod
Exar Kuns tomb mod
the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story
a force/hp regen mod
and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers

I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started
so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful

RedHawke
02-21-2005, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Bastion
none that should interfere with this mod and none that have caused this to happen... I have currently active....

Easy swoop
the jedi training arena mod
holowanacademy
purchasing a droid mod
Exar Kuns tomb mod
the padawan mod that allows you to play a jedi from the start and the roleplaying mod that expands on that story
a force/hp regen mod
and a mod that allows you to wear armor and use force powers
Any of these mods use an edited appearance.2da file... check your override for one. If one of these mods has an appearance.2da, I would take a long look at this mod... the problem you are having sounds appearance.2da related to me, having an invisible NPC (Male Republic Soldier) screwing with your cutscenes.

Also none of my new area mods files are accessable outside of their modules, meaning the game only reads those files when you are actually in the new area. So, logically, they can't be causing this problem... note, I said "logically" ;)

Or check your override for any .utc files, look for ones that have n_republicsoldier or the like in their names. I have seen .utc files that have been used that broke cutscenes later on in the game.

Only my Jawa shop uses a .utc file, for the Jawa at the door, and it is uniquely named and tagged to avoid any cutscene problems.
Originally posted by Bastion
I also had redhawkes jawa shop mod and the ord mandel mod on but i deactivated both of these after the problem started
so can you help me based on this? I posted another topic entitled ord mandel trouble that elaborates more on the problem if you need more information. if you can tell me what the problem is i would be greatful and if you could tell me how to fix it i would be extremely grateful
Read my post in that thread...

Quickshot14
08-10-2005, 09:49 AM
Hello redhawke,

First let me introduce my self, my names Quickshot14 i'm an avid gamer/modder. I 'finnlay' got my hands on kotor and played/finshed it and now i'm taking the next step and modding it. I'm still learning but I do have some experince with nwn modding. Granted without the toolset it's a bit harder/diffrent but it has helped geting me to get more 'comfertiable' with kotor modding.

Now on to my question, first i love your ord mandell mod. Great mod and i'm using it as a steping stone for my first mod. To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit. But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon. Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions :) Thanks.

Det. Bart Lasiter
08-10-2005, 09:54 PM
I believe you when you say it is called the Creamy Middle. In a bunch of the Bioware scripts I have looked through, they have odd comments. One of them says something along the lines of "This is a hacked together piece of crap. Do not use unless nessecary" or something like that, and another one said that they noticed a problem when it was too late to try and change, but said that you would get over it. I wonder if Kotor 2 will have such humor in it.

I believe that was the following:

// 771. YavinHackCloseDoor
// This is an incredibly hacky function to allow the doors to be properly
// closed on Yavin without running into the problems we've had. It is too
// late in development to fix it correctly, so thus we do this. Life is
// hard. You'll get over it.
void YavinHackCloseDoor( object oidDoor );

K2 doesn't seem to have it though, it's mostly things from BioWare, plus 'DJS-OEI' comments.

RedHawke
08-11-2005, 03:28 AM
^^^^
Er'... jmac you are replying to a post near a year old? Capt-Nemo posted that on 11-01-2004. ;)
To give you a basic idea of what i'm doing i'm enhancing/adding to what you already have. Of course when I release the mod I will give you full credit.

As for the mod i'm working on i'll gladly givey you more info about it and hopefully have a real post up sometime soon.
This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.

But i'm running into somewhat of a problem or at least a hinderence. I know I saw mentioned in a few other posts (making merchants) that ord mandell is suppsoed to include the source scripts (for the modules and the overrides I assume) problem is I have checked all the .mod files and everything installed in your latest version and found nothing. I've double check your site and the modfiles you link to and still nothing.

I'm asking if i'm missing something or a place they may be or if in your last/latest build you forgot to include them or if they can be gotten from someplace else or what? *heh* having those source will not only help me learn of course but will also make any modfications/changes a make easier since I won't have to rebuild some of the script files. (witch i have already done in one case so far) Unfrounrtly I can't read byte code as many can't and don't really want to take the time too. So any help in this would be appricated.
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... :eek: somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!

But the merchant scripts are quite similar to the one posted in the Creating Merchants (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=147231) tutorial, or you can download my Rodian Elder Merchant Mod (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/mods/RHRodianElderMerchant1.rar) and a source script for a merchant is in there as well. I hope this helps! ;)

Thanks again for the great mod and I enjoy you do great work. I look forward to modding yet another great game and making more contributions :) Thanks.
You are welcome! :D

EDIT: Saved! Download the version of ORD Mandell (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7699) from PCGameMods as it has the merchant source scripts in it. @ Thanks ChAiNz I will post the link on my site as well as the first post in this thread! :D

ChAiNz.2da
08-11-2005, 03:36 AM
Hmm... strange... I just looked for them and I see I don't have them anymore... :eek: somewhere along the lines they have dissappeared, probably when I transferred my files to my new PC... drat!Hey RedHawke!
I have the previous version of Ord Mandell (without the .exe install) in my archives. It has the source scripts :D

I'll PM you a link, then you can decide whom gets your source ;)

No offense to anyone, but seeing as it's Red's mod, it should be his decision, not mine, as to how to distribute them :)

Quickshot14
08-11-2005, 10:00 AM
First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this :)

This is something I am quite uncomfortable with, ORD Mandell is (for lack of a better term) my baby, and is one of the mods I will not endorse others altering in any way for release or distribution... sorry. You are not the first person to ask this BTW.

While I do realise a negative response is something that you likely didn't want to recieve, I really do want encourage you to feel free to start your own new planet mod, and thusly choose your own combination of pre-existing game modules, Placeables, NPC's, Quests, Dialogues, and Story to include in it...

I just do not want the ORD Mandell mod to be added-to or altered by another modder for any sort of release. I hope you can understand.

This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans. While I do not agree with such things (ie i think it pointless to make a mod release it and tell others not to mess with it, kind of negates the whole point of modding in my opinon) As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.

Thankfully I am still in the rather early stages so moving/changing what I have done to a new planet shouldn't be too hard. Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.

Again while I don't agree with your logic on the matter I do understand and will respect your wishs and will dis-continue to moddfied/add/enchance to your ord mandell mod. This of course means more work for me :D ahh joy but in the long run it may work out better guess we shall see. Thanks for your help thus far regardless and hopefully i'll have somekind of real post when I have substansle progresss. Thanks.

OFF TOPIC BTW @ Chainz.2da: Love the laughing man avatar very nice ;)

Darth333
08-11-2005, 12:27 PM
Also since I do like your mod I will try to make my new one as compatible with it as possible. As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.

I understand Redhawke's refusal and I see it as good thing too: we'll have a brand new area mod :rock:

If you need some script samples or need help with anything, just post your questions on the boards and we will be happy to help you :)

Welcome to the forums Quickshot14!

RedHawke
08-11-2005, 11:51 PM
First of all let me thank you for responding quicker then I expected redhawke, I know how things can get with old posts like this :)

This is unfourtante and throws a bit of a wrench in my plans.
Sorry about that! :(

As a fellow modder and someone new to this modding community I will respect your wishs and dis-continue my modfications of your mod.
I thank you! While you don't understand why now, I'm sure you will when your project is completed. ;)

As the source scripts that is unfourntante and I am glad you were able to recover some of them. I did have the merchants down and some of the scripts included will help. Any other source scripts from the override folder it's self such as the galaxy selection and whatnot for refrence and also compatablity would be usefull if you have them and are willing to let me take a look at them.
If I find any more of the scripts I will post the source files here in this thread so everyone will have them... that is if I can find them in my backup disks, somewhere. The galaxy map one would be the most important. :)

In the interim you mught want to look at the following threads this one (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=143328), and this one (http://64.20.36.211/showthread.php?t=127001).

Lastly, as Darth333 said welcome to the forums Quickshot14! :D

EDIT: Found the k_pebn_galaxy.nss source I used...

//:: k_pebn_galaxy
/*
Brings up the galaxy map with
the current planet selected
Planetary.2DA indexes should be
used instead of PLANET_ constants

0 Endar_Spire
1 Taris
2 Dantooine
3 Kashyyyk
4 Manaan
5 Korriban
6 Tatooine
7 Leviathan
8 Unknown_World
9 Star_Forge

Modifications by Peter T.
When the player uses the galaxy map and only Dantooine
is available (i.e. after Taris, but before being given
the main quest),

*/
//:: Created By: Preston Watamaniuk
//:: Modified By: Peter Thomas 11/03/03
//:: Copyright (c) 2002 Bioware Corp.

#include "k_inc_debug"
#include "k_inc_ebonhawk"

void main()
{
Db_PostString("Running v3.0", 5, 5, 3.0);
int nPlanet = EBO_GetCurrentPlanet();
if(nPlanet == -1)
{
nPlanet == PLANET_DANTOOINE;
}

//Datooine
int nMain = GetGlobalNumber("K_KOTOR_MASTER");
if(nMain == 10)
{
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE); //DAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
//SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
// Peter T. 11/03/03
// add journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
//AddJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk", 1);
}

//Creamy Middle
if(nMain == 15)
{
//SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TARIS, TRUE); //TARIS DESTROYED
//SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TARIS, FALSE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
//This is where you add your new planet call... for the normal game.
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);

//MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on May 10, 2003
//Putting in the scripting for the live content packages
//MODIFIED by Preston Watamaniuk on Oct 14, 2003
//Moved this from the top of the script to the Creamy Middle Activation
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(11, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(11, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
}
else if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
{
SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
}

// Peter T. 11/03/03
// remove the journal entry about the Ebon Hawk
Db_PostString("journal removed");
RemoveJournalQuestEntry("k_ebonhawk");
}

//Dantooine Destroyed
if(nMain == 20)
{
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_DANTOOINE, FALSE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE); //KAS
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KASHYYYK, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE); //MAN
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_MANAAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE); //KOR
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_KORRIBAN, TRUE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE); //TAT
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_TATOOINE, TRUE);
//This is where you add your new planet call... after Leviathan.
SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);// ORD Mandell
}

//Unknown World
if(nMain == 30)
{
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, TRUE);
}

//Star Forge
if(nMain == 50)
{
//P.W. (June 8) - When the Star Forge Opens up all the live planets are

gone.
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG1))
{
Db_MyPrintString("GALAXY MAP DEBUG ********************** Live Planet 1

is now unselectable");
SetPlanetSelectable(11, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG2))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(12, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG3))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(13, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG4))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(14, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG5))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE);
}
if(GetIsLiveContentAvailable(LIVE_CONTENT_PKG6))
{
SetPlanetSelectable(16, FALSE);
}
SetPlanetSelectable(15, FALSE); //Removes Ord Mandell on Unknown World
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_UNKNOWN_WORLD, FALSE);
SetPlanetAvailable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, TRUE);
}
if(nMain == 60)
{
SetPlanetSelectable(PLANET_STAR_FORGE, FALSE);
return;
}
//SetPlanetAvailable(12, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(13, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(14, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(15, TRUE);
//SetPlanetAvailable(16, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(12, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(13, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(14, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(15, TRUE);
//SetPlanetSelectable(16, TRUE);
ShowGalaxyMap(nPlanet);
}

rgdelta
08-12-2005, 12:28 AM
BTW this has nothing to do with Ord Mandall mod but I am doing a big mod a extension on the darkside ending including new planets and other stuff but my question is as long as I give you credit do you have any problem with me using the art from your items/sabers/armor/weapons pack. I am art challanged and suck at actual artwork and I like your items but for my use are a little overpowered or not exactly what I want but I really would like to use the art work. I will give anyone who's mods/art I use in my mod full credit with no doubt.

BTW I am new to the community and quickshot14 is my RL brother.

Arátoeldar
12-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Sorry to bump an old thread.

In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels. :mad::(

RedHawke
12-17-2005, 12:13 AM
In the Readme it say for characters 14+ plus. My character is 15th and my NPCs are 13th. The droids are a good fight yet I cannot kill a single Manalorean by himself without pumping up my stats to insane levels. :mad::(
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh? ;)

Nodakrattler
12-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Honestly, because there are so many possible character builds and item combinations, what I wrote is just a general guideline for the level required to play this mod, nothing more... sorry!

You see, there was a general consensus that the game was "too easy" so I made a part that was anything but... it is surprising what you can do by simply giving NPC's good stats, some good equipment, and maxing out their HP, huh? ;)

I'll say I just went through it with a level 16 pure gaurdian w/ Jolee and Bastilla and almost got whupped a few times.

SophiaM
01-31-2006, 02:47 AM
This mod absolutely rules. it's a wonder why LA hasn't released their own updates with content like this, it would make playing the game again more enjoyable.
*muchos kudos*

krelm
03-12-2006, 09:35 AM
Hi, sorry for replying to such an old topic but i have a couple of questions about this mod.

First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.

Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.

Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)

RedHawke
03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
First of all i went there after my first planet, i was level 14 and most of my party were level 12. Suffice to say i got demolished by Zax and his crew though i did manage to take down 2 of them. Their loot contained 2 very powerful vibroblades that almost doubles my melee equipped characters damage.
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh? :D

Just wondering if this mod is balanced for a normal game or should it be used with this hardcore mod i have read about. It just seemed to me that by using these items i would be overpowering my characters.
Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse. :D

Also by visiting ORD Mandell does that add to the number of planets you have visited. If i remember correctly the Yavin stations inventory changes after you have been to a certain number of planets, just wondering if ORD Mandell contributes to this, unless i am mistaken (could be the maps that trigger new inventory i cant remember)
No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this. ;)

krelm
03-13-2006, 06:34 PM
Yup, the game really changes when you get the really nice equipment in the game used on your party for a change huh? :D

Read my response a couple posts up about the difficulty of this mod... Post #108

If you add the Hardcore Mod to your game you will increase the difficulty of the game so if you find it very nasty now... well, it'll become worse. :D

No, this mod doesn't count against certain game progressions like Suvam Tan's invantory, so only the standard game planets will do this. ;)

Thanks for the info.

I returned to ORD Mandell later on at level 17 and i still got whooped by Zax hehe, he is one tough mother. Though i have yet to kit myself out with some of the better items you can buy so im sure that will help. Once/if ive managed to beat the area ill come back and post what i thought about it, but i think its safe to say this mod rocks! Nice work.

RedHawke
07-16-2006, 05:48 AM
Mod Update, Version 1.2 Available: I was browsing some of my old Backup CD's seeing what mods I have for any possible PCGameMods Rescue Effort and I found some work that Kaspian did for ORD Mandell in enabling the Rapid Transit System, around the time he wrote up a tutorial (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=140253) for this, I thought this zip was one of the things I lost when I switched PC's.

So I have repacked the mod with his changes he sent me, long ago. It worked wonderfully in my test run. :)

So with a big thanks to Kaspian... ORD Mandell now has Rapid Transit. Better Late than never eh? :xp:

Also I am currently sketching out a few things to possibly spice up the pre-existing modules and possibly add some of the scrapped content ideas I had back into this mod... a Hutt with some planet-spanning Bounty Contract 'Quests' was one of the things, along with a couple other quests, one for the Rodian Janitor and one for the Twilek Mechanic, and possibly some other surprises.

I'll keep people posted on when, or if, I start this in earnest. Right now it is on the back burner until I get some more free time. ;)

Arátoeldar
07-17-2006, 08:36 PM
Very nice RedHawke. The add content sounds sweet.

Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 05:16 AM
Help!!! Help!!! Help!!!
I have made changes in dialog.tlk as Red Hawke said (42505 - name, 42511 - description). When I load my Galaxy map I saw clear name and description. What is the problem???
I don't see name and description!

RedHawke
07-27-2006, 05:23 AM
^^^^
I never got it to work either, so I just gave up and left it blank. :(

I didn't want to release a mod that messed with dialog.tlk anyway. ;)

Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 07:38 AM
So, description/name for Live Planet is impossibe???
I have made some planets too, they don't have description/name too.
Strange...

Kaspian
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm glad it helped you RedHawke :o) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file. Edit: I mean orientation map, not the Galaxy map

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.

Lit Ridl
07-27-2006, 01:49 PM
I'm glad it helped you RedHawke :o) Great job

I will look at the planet's description at the evening. I know it is possible to change planet's name for map and load game GUIs with help of *.are file.

Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets.
Wow,wow, wow, wait!!!
Aren't *.are files for module creating? They are, but you said...
And what do you mean under
"Darth333 once suggested an extra computer for travelling to custom planets"
What does it mean???
Thank you Kaspian for going to help!:)

Kaspian
07-27-2006, 02:30 PM
Yes they are. You can load *.are file of your module into GFF Editor and find entry NAME [CExoLocString], make it blank by changeing its STRREF to -1 (no reference to dialog.tlk). Then move cursor into Language ID input filed, left click in it and hit enter. You should be able to write there now. String syntax is Planet - Location. After all the name will state = 1 strings. Save GFF and test it.

On map GUI (press M in game?) should be Planet - Location. On Load Game GUI should be Planet in the upper field and Location in the lower one.

I am curious if something similar could be done to planetary 2da (unlink reference to dialog.tlk and write the planet's name and description somewhere else).

For now, there is only 1 new planet accessible via the Star Map. If we get to more than three, a new computer, similar to what's in the Leviathan could be installed in the Ebon Hawk :D ...the installation could even be inserted in the storyline: you ask a mechanic, like the guy on Korriban, to install a new travel system in the Ebon Hawk :p

stoffe
07-27-2006, 05:36 PM
I am curious if something similar could be done to planetary 2da (unlink reference to dialog.tlk and write the planet's name and description somewhere else).

Probably not, unfortunately. As far as I know 2DA files only contain simple string constants which are expected to represent data of a particular type. The "name" and "description" fields expect StrRef values only.

There is no way of specifying Localized string data, like the GFF ExoLocStrings, in 2DA files (since dialog.tlk is used for game-wide localization anyway).

Kaspian
07-27-2006, 09:42 PM
I have made changes in dialog.tlk as Red Hawke said (42505 - name, 42511 - description). When I load my Galaxy map I saw clear name and description. What is the problem??? I don't see name and description!

I tried to fill those lines in dialog.tlk and it worked (thanks to stoffe -mkb- and her TalkEd). Make sure "Text present" flag is checked. In KotORTLK it is "Has Text".

There is no way of specifying Localized string data, like the GFF ExoLocStrings, in 2DA files (since dialog.tlk is used for game-wide localization anyway).

You are right. As long as is planetary.2da involved is dialog.tlk only way to go.
Well, it's after 2 AM here, and only good thing I found is how to change some GUI buttons (http://kaspian.fotopic.net/p32134493.html) and how to move planets on the galaxy map

Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 03:25 AM
Oh! The second Kaspian's reply was very useful! I haven't checked it. That is the problem...
About the First reply - I though that you mean .are files are connected with Galaxy map, how to name module, I know...
But great thanks for the second reply!!!

Kaspian
07-28-2006, 04:50 AM
I'm sorry I confused you Lit Ridl. Next time I have to theorize less.

Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 04:55 AM
It's Ok.
Will planet work if I will add new row to planetary.2da, and edit a little k_pebn_galaxy???

Kaspian
07-28-2006, 05:09 AM
I tried and it didn't work for me. Added entries to planetary.2da, k_pebn_galaxy and galaxymap.gui and no new planet showed up. It is probably hardcoded. One time I have been searching for LivePlanet 6. It's in 2da, but not in the *.gui file. I duplicated all entries for LivePlanet 5 and modified them to suit number 6. But six refused to appear.

Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 06:25 AM
Thank you Kaspian!!!
You're really useful!!!
Do you modify .gui files in HEX editor?
So, there is no way to have the sixth planet???

Kaspian
07-28-2006, 08:01 AM
I modify them using any GFF editor (Bioware's or tk102's KGFF).

So, there is no way to have the sixth planet??? What I know, there is no way how to have it on the Galaxy map.

If planet=module then use StartNewModule?

Lit Ridl
07-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Thanks again, you're real professional!!!
You said something about starting new module, It is described by "k_sup_gohawk.nss".

Ghost Down
07-28-2006, 10:11 AM
Im sure we could have it on the Galaxy map by replacing an excisting planet like Korriban or so..

- Ghost Down

Kaspian
07-28-2006, 10:31 AM
Good idea Ghost Down. I suggest replacing Taris, because its presence on GM is useless regarding storyline and Sith bombardment.
We should start a new thread for this.

RedHawke
07-29-2006, 02:20 AM
Well I have gotten the text to work on my end finally with stoffe's Talk Ed, so if I do release another update I will use stoffe's patcher to edit the 2 dialog.tlk lines so the planet will have text. ;)

Pavlos
07-29-2006, 05:37 AM
Well I have gotten the text to work on my end finally with stoffe's Talk Ed, so if I do release another update I will use stoffe's patcher to edit the 2 dialog.tlk lines so the planet will have text. ;)

Allow me to say "Oooh."

Seeing as how when you released this mod the first time I was a lurker I'll congratulate you now :). Well done - what a fun mod. :thmbup1:

sluggard
08-27-2006, 04:48 PM
RedHawke,

Thank you for all your hard work on the ORD Mandell mod. I installed this mod some months ago, and played this mod completely with no problems. But just recently, I began a new game and tried to play the ORD Mandell mod again. Everything worked fine except until when I got to the secret place inside the cave. At this spot, I'm now getting a message that I can't proceed to where I know I'm suppose to go. I've checked both the override and the module folders to make sure eveything is in its proper place, and all appears well. I'm not sure if any mods I've added since this is a conflict. I would like to enter this secret place again, and if you are aware of any problem that might be prohibiting this, I would be grateful for any assistance you might be able to offer.

RedHawke
08-28-2006, 02:13 AM
sluggard,

There is no 'secret place' it is an error in the readme file... something I intended to do but didn't. ;)

What part of the mod are you referring to?
The back cave with the Mandalorians?

Emperor Devon
08-28-2006, 02:22 AM
There is no 'secret place' it is an error in the readme file... something I intended to do but didn't. ;)

I've been wondering that for a while... Is there any reason you wanted to include it but didn't? I doubt you had a release date.

My free time period I had to make the mod came to an end. -RH

sluggard
08-28-2006, 04:14 AM
sluggard,

What part of the mod are you referring to?
The back cave with the Mandalorians?
Actually I called it the "secret place" because I didn't want to give it away. Being new to the forum I don't know how to hide spoilers. But it is the spot in back of the Rancor "Happy." When I try to continue in the cave after killing "Happy," I can't. I remember before that there was where I encountered all those Mandalorians (not counting the three on the way). But now, when I try to proceed, I get this message that reads "This cave leads to the inhospitable surface of the planet. There is nothing for you to see there." BTW, I talked to all the right guys to spawn this quest, at least I think I have.

Thanks

RedHawke
08-28-2006, 07:31 AM
It must be another mods file messing with that... check your override for the following file k34_trg_passage.dlg if present delete it from your override. ;)

sluggard
08-28-2006, 11:43 AM
It must be another mods file messing with that... check your override for the following file k34_trg_passage.dlg if present delete it from your override. ;)
You're brilliant RedHawke, that worked! Many thanks. Again, thank you for all your work on this and other mods!

Aayla Offee
08-28-2006, 06:06 PM
I put everything in Override and everything- but I can' access the planet....

RedHawke
08-29-2006, 12:59 AM
I put everything in Override and everything- but I can' access the planet....
This isn't enough information for me to be able to offer you help. Please clairify.

Emperor Devon
08-29-2006, 01:12 AM
Although this isn't related to your ability to access the planet, Aayla, you said you put all of the files into override. Did you put the .mod files into modules? Because it'll do you no good to select the planet when the modules for it don't exist.

kendawgwv
01-16-2007, 01:46 AM
Okay... you've heard it over a hundred times now... but awesome mod! Just downloaded and installed it (havent finished it yet - but I will). Of the 3 I've tried so far it is my fav! On a side note - don't recall whose it was, but the mod that puts the Crystal Cave on Korriban also ads the K34_trg_passage.dlg file into override. Instead of disallowing you to proceed though it puts you in the Korriban version of the Crystal cave - and when you exit you are back on Korriban. I deleted it. Just wanted to add that incase any other newbies (such as myself) have that problem. Again, thanks for the wonderful mod - so far I love everything of yours I've tried!

LordHoban
01-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Certainly the biggest mod I've come across in terms of 'new' levels and quests, I just wish there were a couple more quests squeezed in there. Other than that, very good work... but...

Possible spoilers (though I just talk about the enemies)
It must have been the hard mod that I also had on the game, because the Mandalorians and the scum crew I found insanely difficult. They resisted force powers like crazy and kept knocking me down to one team member (and then I ran around and basically dealt with them one on one). With the Mandalorians, though, I was able to use the replicator force power and Darth Revan Shield bracer (that unlimited shield mod). I'm just wondering if that difficulty is normal or could it have been caused by the Hard mod?

Aurora Starfire
01-17-2007, 02:02 PM
I think it's normal. Getting knocked down to one character happens to me almost every time.

LordHoban
01-17-2007, 09:49 PM
The really bad thing about that is you can't run away without your party through the exit for recouping.

Also, I had an idea, though I'm aware it is much too late to do anything about it now... but in the future (for a newer mod), it might be cooler if the scum crew were found at different places (maybe causing trouble throughout the base), and you had the option to get less experience if you could persuade some of them to leave on their own. You know, alternatives to fighting, it's the Jedi way. Just an idea to expand the options for a future mod and allow you to fight them in different areas.

RedHawke
01-17-2007, 10:37 PM
As I have stated numerous times that I had a few other things I wanted to do to this mod, it is becoming highly unlikely I will re-visit this mod anytime in the future, sorry folks.

As to splitting up the Merc Crew, that makes no sense to me as a 'bully' always has an entourage. The persuade option was out because they were not going down without a fight.

This mod is as hard as it is because of all the 'whining' about the game being too 'easy', I simply showed people that it indeed could be very tough, giving NPC's the proper equipment, etc. My 'mistake' was making it lootable, but my belief is if you fought it in combat you have every right to have it afterward. (An AD&D Paladin I have has a rather large collection of +5 Unholy Reavers, for example.)

Just my random thoughts. ;)

LordHoban
01-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Well, I didn't mean split up the entire crew. Obviously, the main guy will always have a few of his posse on hand, but to further bully people around, he could have sent the wookie and one other (maybe the protocol droid, wouldn't that be a funny duo?) to go cause trouble somewhere, continue his reign of terror... and no one in their right mind messes with a wookie... well, no one except a jedi, maybe. Maybe one of their weaker members who is full of himself, and thinks no one will mess with him since he runs with the mercs, can be found alone somewhere. Or one of the crew could be having a drink at the bar.

Like I said, I realize that it would be too late to make any changes for this mod, but for these ideas to be kept in mind for any future mod as a way of opening up possabilities, especially when characters are this tough to deal with.

I think after I figured out a way of actually doing some kind of consistent damage to the Mandalorians, it became fun... but before that, I just ended up throwing grenades, shield, heal, repeat (and the grenades weren't even doing that much damage, so it took forever). I think if a balance can be achieved in having enemies be hard, but not making it so much that it feels like I'm inching forward through it, where it feels like I can actually use my powers for effect, then it becomes fun.

I think the difficulty level of this mod for being just this mod, is fine, but I wouldn't want to keep playing anymore mods like this. Difficult and challanging, yes. Insane? No. Part of the fun of being a Jedi for me is being able to use force powers and a lightsaber to slice enemies up (after several flurry attempts at no damage, it kind of gets discouraging).

Anyway, I appreciate the mod and what it brings to the table... I'm just offering feedback.

RedHawke
01-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Well, I didn't mean split up the entire crew. Obviously, the main guy will always have a few of his posse on hand, but to further bully people around, he could have sent the wookie and one other (maybe the protocol droid, wouldn't that be a funny duo?) to go cause trouble somewhere, continue his reign of terror... and no one in their right mind messes with a wookie... well, no one except a jedi, maybe. Maybe one of their weaker members who is full of himself, and thinks no one will mess with him since he runs with the mercs, can be found alone somewhere. Or one of the crew could be having a drink at the bar.
Is something like this possible? Yes... at the time I did the mod? No, it would have added a few more weeks worth of work.

Just some info for the masses, at the time this mod was made was well before we had the knowledge we have of the games scripting system, and we have since had a bonafide NWN scripting guru (stoffe -mkb-) show up around here. Stoffe -mkb- does things with scripts I never could have imagined possible.

Also KotOR Tool had no module editor, all this was done by hand with a GFF Editor, only some parts were able to be made with KT, every placeable and NPC you see had to be placed there manually, it wasn't a fast or pleasurable process.

I think the difficulty level of this mod for being just this mod, is fine, but I wouldn't want to keep playing anymore mods like this. Difficult and challanging, yes. Insane? No. Part of the fun of being a Jedi for me is being able to use force powers and a lightsaber to slice enemies up (after several flurry attempts at no damage, it kind of gets discouraging).
Please remember you are using another mod (Hardcore Mod) that increases the difficulty of the game... you can hardly comment on my mods difficulty here, try it without that mod installed then we can talk. ;)

See when I designed this mod I didn't have that one really in-mind as I mod an unmodded game whilst tinkering. (I have played this mod with the Hard-Core mod installed only a couple of times, and I had my full Revan item pack 'kit' on as well as my NPC's using their equipment I made for them and the fights while tougher were survivable, but I did take note of the feedback and it was quite scary with that mod installed.)

LordHoban
01-21-2007, 11:20 PM
Well, I did say in my first reply that it may have been because of that (and asked if maybe it was).

In any case, I appreciate what the mod is and all the work that went into it. I've used many of your other items to good effect as well, and have only been trying to be as helpful as possible with my feedback. Thanks for your time, keep up the good work.

Master Michael
02-18-2007, 11:09 AM
An excellent mod, Red Hawke.

Just a little problem with finishing the cave quest. I have killed everything that can be killed in the cave (Rancor, mandalorians and all the droids), but according to the Major I havn't finished the quest.... Is there anything I am missing?

I have the 1.2 version.
Is the "RedHawke's ORD Mandell Mod.kmm" file going anywhere? It's not specified in the Readme
I also have the following mods installed:
WotOR 1.3
Holowan Plugin2
Jedi Royal Guard 1.02
Korriban Crystal Cave

Allronix
02-18-2007, 12:12 PM
An excellent mod, Red Hawke.

Just a little problem with finishing the cave quest. I have killed everything that can be killed in the cave (Rancor, mandalorians and all the droids), but according to the Major I havn't finished the quest.... Is there anything I am missing?

I have the 1.2 version.
Is the "RedHawke's ORD Mandell Mod.kmm" file going anywhere? It's not specified in the Readme
I also have the following mods installed:
WotOR 1.3
Holowan Plugin2
Jedi Royal Guard 1.02
Korriban Crystal Cave

Ah. I think it's the Korriban cave that's holding you up. The Ord Mantell mod has a script meant for the back of the korriban cave that will clash with the crystal cave. It's kor_35trgpass.dlg - or something similar. It's the dialogue file that in an unmodded game tells you there's nothing on the planet's surface.

If you've got darth 333's armband, you can set up a warp dialogue for both the crystal cave module and the Ord Mantell cave.

Master Michael
02-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the tip, Allronix.

The file was called k34_trg_passage.dlg. I deleted the file, and it worke perfectly.

RedHawke
02-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Ah. I think it's the Korriban cave that's holding you up. The Ord Mantell mod has a script meant for the back of the korriban cave that will clash with the crystal cave.
For the record it is the Crystal Cave mod that is at fault here, for that mods file is overwriting mine by being in the override. ;)

And it is ORD Mandell. :p

TLM20
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Is this mod compatible with the Korriban crystal cave mod? Think it's affecting one of the quests.

Master Michael
02-21-2007, 02:23 PM
As stated in the posts above here, it conflicts with the back of the cave on ORD Mandell. If you delete "k34_trg_passage.dlg" from your Override before you enter the cave on ORD Mandell, it works fine. Then put it back before you go to the cave on Korriban, if you havn't been there.

knightmare66
02-22-2007, 01:20 AM
This batch file makes removing and restoring the offending file easy. Just create a new text file in override, paste this inside it, and rename it to .bat extension. Then run the .bat when you travel to Ord Mandell, and again when you leave, there's no need to re-extract the file from the mod's archive.

IF EXIST k34_trg_passage.dlg GOTO rendlg
IF EXIST k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak GOTO restoredlg
GOTO end
:rendlg
ren k34_trg_passage.dlg k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak
GOTO end
:restoredlg
ren k34_trg_passage.dlg.bak k34_trg_passage.dlg
:end

RedHawke
02-22-2007, 01:41 AM
Is this mod compatible with the Korriban crystal cave mod? Think it's affecting one of the quests.
Nope, they are incompatible.

Also in all actuality it is up to whomever made the Korriban Crystal Cave mod to fix this issue IMHO. As they easily could use the TSL Patcher by Stoffe to solve this. Since my mod is already packed into modules I really can't do anything to fix this.

Master Michael
03-06-2007, 06:11 AM
@TLM20: You can use both.
If you go to ORD Mandell before Korriban, just remove this file from your Override "k34_trg_passage.dlg", and put it back after you finish ORD Mandell. Then the Crystal Cave Mod will be intact.

Both are very good mods.

stoffe
03-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Mod note: I've cleared out a long exchange from this thread that didn't have much to do with the topic. If you feel the need to continue that discussion please do so in a more suitable place, like via PMs.

Back to the topic at hand please: Redhawke's Ord Mandell mod. :)

rev500d2
05-10-2007, 11:58 PM
This mod is great! I'm FINALLY getting around to playing KOTOR for the 1st time (yeah I know it's super old news to all of you already).

Just wanted to say thanks for the hard work Redhawke, I've really been enjoying this, the Ebon Hawk Workbench, and many of your other mods. I'm happy to be getting my long neglected Star Wars fix!

Mindtwistah
05-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Wow, loved this mod! The best planet mod ever!!
All heil RedHawke

GeorgNihilus
05-17-2007, 06:58 PM
[Insert Evil Laugh Here]

And I have no idea if the planet will become unavailable like the others do when you crash on the unknown world, I hope it does, but I have no idea if it really will, either way I would suggest once going to the unknown world, if the planet is still available, to avoid going to it, as I don't know what the effects on your savegame would be. If the planet is still available when you leave the unknown world, and you go to it, instead of the Star Forge like you are supposed to... you could mess up your save game so you do this at your own risk!!!

Enjoy! :D

Well just in case you still don't know; I've played a couple of times after the Unknown world and seems to work fine ... Ord Mandell doesn't even appear in the galaxy map (the planet icon, the other planets do appear as usual without names) ... so good news for this new planet. :thmbup1:

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello -

I have enjoyed playing this mod thru before, on a previous install of K1, on a previous computer. I have encountered an issue that I'm not sure how to deal with.

Specifically, this time through, I have wiped out the Mandalorians in the cave, and all of the malfunctioning droids. I kill Mr. Happy, collect the Fallen One's Robes (worth the price of admission right there :)) and then discover the "hidden" cave.

Go thru, kill all the uber-kinrath, get all my crystals... and here's where I run into a problem.

I return back to the cave entrance/exit, and when I stroll through, I arrive in the Korriban cave, with a Tarentatek waiting for me, along with Shyracks.

Mod conflict? I do have the Korriban Crystal Cave mod installed, but that didn't stop me from entering the Ord Mandell crystal cave. I read in this thread a few pages up that a specific script, k34... was responsible for some issues with these two mods working together. I removed this script from my override, and still I cannot return to the Ord Mandell caves.

I haven't played through Korriban yet. Is that an issue?

Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.

Aurora Starfire
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Actually, when I played, I just removed the Korriban Crystal Cave .mod file from the module folder when I went to ORD Mandell, and put it back in after I left, and that fixed it for me.

RedHawke
06-08-2007, 12:58 AM
Any help would be appreciated, RH - I am a big fan of your mods in general.
I'm sorry qui_gon_glenn, as I do not have that Korriban Crystal Cave mod I can be of no assistance here. :giveup:

Also in all actuality it is up to whomever made the Korriban Crystal Cave mod to fix this issue IMHO. As they easily could use the TSL Patcher by Stoffe to solve this. Since my mod is already packed into modules I really can't do anything to fix this.

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-09-2007, 02:39 AM
Well.... I apologize for my error.

I found that the offending script was not the one mentioned earlier in this thread, but a warp script... I was being sent to the incorrect crystal cave, due to the warp script in the korriban crystal cave mod.

I had forgotten the difficulties of your cave.... oh the horror :blaze6:

Thanks to your construction bench mod, I survived the encounter minus my PC. Thanks to KSE, your Mission as a Jedi Mod (Guardian this time, for a change), and Canderous sporting Custom Heavy Armor and the Custom Heavy Repeater, I made it through :)

Your mods are a great extension to the gameplay, RedHawke. I have been playing KotOR for a while now, and mods like yours make it enjoyable still.

RedHawke
06-10-2007, 11:37 AM
Well.... I apologize for my error.
Nothing you need apologise for I assure you. Now the person who made the other Cave mod... well. ;)

Fredi
06-18-2007, 03:11 PM
I need to say that I love this Mod :D ..... Thanks RedHawke for creating it !!! :D

Titanius Anglesmith
06-18-2007, 03:51 PM
Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies. :D

Gargoyle King
06-18-2007, 04:13 PM
Wow! I downloaded this mod yesterday, and I love it! Never have I had a more difficult time in all of my KotOR experiences. How I wish the whole game was that hard and had as many enemies. :DYou only just played it, Wow! It is pretty hard but there's nothing like a good challenge now is there? If you want a harder game you could get Shem's Kotor

Enhancements mod: http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.com/file/;69389
or some hardcore mod:
http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sternenschmiede.de%2F index.php%3Fcmd%3Dsubcat%26scid%3D34&langpair=de%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

to make the game harder! (Thought Ord Mandell was hard as is, try a harcore mod! :D )

correllian_thug
06-20-2007, 10:34 PM
i just got this mod, it is so cool! but really tough, all those mandalorians, i'll be replayin it for weeks now! great work!

Simon92
07-05-2007, 03:01 PM
OK It seems to be a great mod but I've encountered a problem; Whenever I try to exit the Ebon Hawk it goes to the loading screen but starts an autosave EVEN WHEN I've turned the Autosave function OFF. And it crashes about 1/6 of the way throught the autosave. Can anyone halp me/Give suggestions?

RedHawke
07-06-2007, 08:00 AM
Hmm... the only thing that I can think of that can cause that would be the module files not being present in the modules folder. Re-check the installation and make sure the files went to the right folders.

Simon92
07-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Funny that because despite making sure numerous times that the files were in the modules section they weren't. Thanks Redhawke, and awesome mod. I was considering downloading it but Warren the Quarren really swung my decision to download it.

GarfieldJL
07-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.

RedHawke
07-09-2007, 04:59 PM
I like the mod but why did the lost one's robe have too look like Revan's robe, tbh I would have preferred a robe like the Qel Droma robes, because K1 has a tendency of making the long robes move and look like a dress and makes Revan look ridiculous.
I don't agree, but everyone having a differing opinion is what makes life interesting. ;)

FYI I used pre-existing appearances for the NPC's and items so as to make the mod use as few 2da files as possible, many things in the mod were dulled down because I wanted the mod to be as compatible as possible with other mods (obviously some things couldn't be avoided however).

Edit: GarfieldJL I have had to delete your below post, further discussion on your likes and dislikes of Revan's Robes looks will take this thread off-topic, this thread is about the ORD Mandell mod. Thanks.

Rick Shan
10-30-2007, 11:12 AM
This planet mods doesn't count for nş of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila

RedHawke
10-30-2007, 05:05 PM
This planet mods doesn't count for nş of planets until the Leviathan appears? In k1 you after you visit 4 planets the leviathan appears and then you lose Bastila
Pardon me, but you are saying/asking what here... exactly? :confused:

Arátoeldar
10-31-2007, 07:23 AM

Since Ord Mandell doesn't have a star map. The planet doesn't have anything to do with the Leviathan showing up.

Aeroldoth
12-03-2007, 07:07 PM
Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?

RedHawke
12-04-2007, 02:38 AM
Am I correct in thinking that one must choose between this or the Recruit Mekel mod since they both have a global.yrl?
Actually no you can use them both (with just a little wrangling)... stoffe saves the day yet again! (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=170691) ;)

Aeroldoth
12-04-2007, 08:35 AM
Hurray! :clap2:

Sithspecter
01-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Thanks for such an awesome mod RedHawke! The best!

rearviewmirror
01-07-2008, 10:38 PM
sorry to ask a dumb question, but what version do I want to download for the first time, with an installer?

RedHawke
01-08-2008, 02:09 AM
The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.

rearviewmirror
01-08-2008, 06:09 PM
The newest version... I left the installer version up only for nostalgic reasons or if someone has a need for it.

Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.

RedHawke
01-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Oh ok so I just send it to my override folder as usual after I unzip it.
No... Instructions on how to install it are in the readme file.

Meatbag77
01-06-2009, 05:36 AM
Thanks for another awesome mod, Redhawke!!! I just played through on Medium difficulty with Talchia's Hardcore mod as well. OUCH. For the fights in this mod I actually had to use tactics and bait and run, a lot. :D Outstanding. Thank you:shades2:

I have a small problem compared to some of the others I've read on this thread.
The Bargwain (sp) Blades that I've picked up throughout the planet, for a total of 30 blades, say they are upgradeable. They also have the white blocks in the title. This seems to be a reocuring problem for me. The crystals from your Jawa store mod did the same thing. I can't access the blades on my workbench in the Ebon Hawk either. :confused:

Sorry for the spelling. :D:xp:

Darth Payne
01-06-2009, 09:04 AM
Umm, i think that it actually says that they are upgraded, not upgradeable.

I could be remembering wrong though.

Meatbag77
01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I looked again. I'm an idiot.:D When I saw the white brackets/boxes I immediately went to report the problem. Lol.

Sorry to bother you with a stupid remark.

Thanks for the awesome mod RH!!

RedHawke
01-07-2009, 03:20 AM
Just an FYI all but the little white blocks in the titles/descriptions are from using a carriage return in the good old GFF editor that we had to use to edit these things before we got the function added to KotOR Tool. ;)

CrisG
01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
This looks quite interesting i am going to have to check it out:) nice work.

Bob Ta'aar
12-08-2010, 05:31 PM
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 :(.
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!

Darth InSidious
12-08-2010, 06:34 PM
^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2. :)

RedHawke
12-13-2010, 08:26 AM
With all the "Your site is down!" PM's etc. it makes me wonder if people other than myself can actually see my sig?

I keed! ;)

But seriously... Yup, I know its gone folks.

With my move my site went bye-bye, my new ISP doesn't have any free web space associated with my account. I can complain to them that they suck and are slow/crappy, but that profits me nothing as high speed internet is pretty much a 'you have only one choice' thing where I am.

What does this mean? I don't know, I'll think of something when I get some free time.

ChAiNz.2da
12-15-2010, 11:22 AM
Is it just me that is too stupid to find the correct link, or is the link to download version 1.2 dead?
The only link in RedHawke's first post working for me is the alternative link for v1.0 :(.
Anybody has a working link to download the newest version? I'd love to try out this mod!

^Nope, I can't access it either. Looks like RedHawke's website is down. He normally swoops by every so often, and I'm sure he'll take note of this thread if/when he does.

If you can't wait, though, Bob, it's a very popular mod, so I'm sure someone will be able to set you up with v1.2. :)

Doh.. I keep forgetting that the alternate link is very specific... here ya go gang. I'll fix the original post as well and add the link. ;)

Ord Mandell v1.2 Download (http://www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke/RHORDMandellMod12.7z)

RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth ;)

Bob Ta'aar
12-17-2010, 06:59 PM
sweet! thanks a lot :)!

wahakalol
12-18-2010, 04:32 PM
RedHawke all of your mods that I've alt-hosted are still up.. but if there are any others that got left out, just let me know. It's not a problem for me to host them. I have unlimited space and bandwidth ;)

wait...you mean we can still get Redhawke's mods??!
do tell, I haven't been able to locate them on your site...

Qui-Gon Glenn
12-18-2010, 05:17 PM
^^^ Really?!? Look under the Mods page, and then look under KotOR mods. JumpstationZ is simple to navigate, otherwise I would give you the direct link.

Thanks, ChAiNz, for keeping your site going and hosting the oldie-but-goodies that you have :)

wahakalol
12-19-2010, 01:58 AM
^^^ Really?!? Look under the Mods page, and then look under KotOR mods. JumpstationZ is simple to navigate, otherwise I would give you the direct link.

No, I meant RedHawke's mods...not ChAiNz mods...i can find those

With some help from another person, I was able to find all but three of the RedHawke mods I wanted; those three being: TSL Exile's Item Pack, TSL beginning items pack, and the TSL workbench (and whatever boosters they had; I can't remember):(

Qui-Gon Glenn
12-19-2010, 03:28 PM
^^^ I understood you, and the mods are there :)
They are there, but not easy to find, actually not easy to find at all, unless you read ChAiNz' post the other day with an updated link to Ord Mantell.... go to this link (www.jumpstationz.com/RedHawke) for the rest of RedHawke's mods that ChAiNz.2da hosts.

EDIT: As for the items pack and the workbench mods, I have those. PM me and we can work it out :) The beginning items pack I do not think I have, but I will double check for you.

CrisG
12-31-2010, 02:55 PM
thank you I have wanted to visit RedHawke's new planet and now we can. thanks a lot RH for making it.

Sil3nst
03-19-2011, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the alt. link! I downloaded it and I'd like to use it except there is one problem, I have BoS:SR installed, so there is already a global.jrl file in the override folder and I don't want to risk overwriting it with the Ord Mantell one and breaking the game or BoS... what do?

ChAiNz.2da
03-21-2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the alt. link! I downloaded it and I'd like to use it except there is one problem, I have BoS:SR installed, so there is already a global.jrl file in the override folder and I don't want to risk overwriting it with the Ord Mantell one and breaking the game or BoS... what do?
Download the JRL Merger tool here:
http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php#mctl

Should help in combining the two so you can enjoy both mods :)

@QGG :thumbsup: glad someone figured it out. Works that way with all hosted mods. Only reason I give out specific links as it provides the modder to use them for their TUCE postings and gives my site stat reporting progs the info I can send the authors for DL count, where the hits are coming from, areas of the world, etc..

That, plus I have the modder's permission. For certain other mods I can't get permissions for (authors/contact info lost to the void).. links must remain in PM form.. but general directories are easy to manage on my side of things, since I'm not a true "hosting" site per se.. hehehe. Not that hard for people to go digging on my site, as I've always supported the curious folks ;)

Bonedragon Jedi
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I had a strange problem occur recently. I have had the mod downloaded before and it worked perfectly, but had to remove it and re-install it. (long story.) now, when I try to re-install it, it installs using the installer perfectly, no problem...but the mod doesnt show up in the game and when I checked, none of the files were installed into my override and modules folders. when I went back through and put the files in manually, the game crashed every time i tried to click on the planet in the galaxy map. I do have your jawa shop mod installed, but I installed that one first and ORD Mandell second as per the instructions in the readme.

no idea why this started happening....it's distressing because this is one of the more fun mods that I have installed and now I cannot use it.

Bonedragon Jedi
01-30-2012, 09:26 PM
i'm still having trouble with this mod. and it's still the same issue. how would I be able to fix this? Neither the version with the installer nor the version without are able to be played without my game freezing and crashing when I click on the planet.

Qui-Gon Glenn
01-31-2012, 01:30 PM
Sorry dude.... If I were a mac user I would have a better idea of what is going wrong. As it is, I know how to help with PC issues.

Having had the mod "install" without actually putting the files in the right place... well that sounds like a Vista/7 permissions issue.... which doesn't exist in Apple land, right?

The problems, sir, are on your end. I suggest dual booting your Mac so that you can play PC games properly.

bamaredwingsfan
05-25-2014, 06:59 PM
Im experiencing a strange problem, the text in the quest list is invisible. The quest box is blank when I go to the menu to look at my current quests. So I have no way of knowing what im supposed to be doing. Is there any way to fix this?

Christos K
05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
global.jrl wasn't installed.