PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Programmer is back again


Achilles
09-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Looks like Akari was in for some OT yesterday and decided to fire up a Weekend Programmer thread. Not a lot of in the way of new info (IMHO), however he did bring up something interesting that I had not heard before.

Apparently, on one of the planets that we visit there will be small maintenance droids that go around repairing other droids that we destroy. And...if you try to destroy them, they blow up and cause damage similar to a mine. Pretty neat if you ask me...

The orb thing is a maintanence droid, found in Peragus. It zooms around repairing or healing your enemies as you fight, so it's a bit of a pest. When you kill it, it explodes, damaging everyone around it though, so sometimes it can be used as a creative bomb against the other droids. smile.gif The beam you see there is it doing its maintenance thing on the droid. From post #46 in this (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=20366&st=45) thread.

RedHawke
09-26-2004, 09:03 PM
^^^^
That's very interesting, and more than likely it will be entertainingly irritating, and beneficial at the same time, especially if they can repair our Droid NPC(s) as well...

Hmm... this could possibly make T3 armed with some good equipment a useful lead character in some cases. :D

Achilles
09-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
That's very interesting, and more than likely it will be entertainingly irritating, and beneficial at the same time, especially if they can repair our Droid NPC(s) as well...

Hmm... this could possibly make T3 armed with some good equipment a useful lead character in some cases. :D Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

PC at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [6 spikes]

or T3 at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [0 spikes]

90SK
09-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Those pesky maintenence droids always bothered me on Manaan. Heh, now is my time for revenge! :saberr:
Thanks for the update, Achilles!

RedHawke
09-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
Thanks for the update, T7!

Er'... CaptainSkye... don't you mean Achilles! :D

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by Achilles
Hmmmmmmmmmmm....

PC at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [6 spikes]

or T3 at the console:

Disable maintenance droids [0 spikes]

why disable why not re-program so that instead of aiding the enemy it aids u

i mean u were able to re-program sentry droids to kill the enemy in kotor

:c3po: but im built for etiquette not distruction

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 05:16 AM
^^^^
and in case anyone was wondering
yes as much as i was quoting c3po from eps2 i did have to look up how to spell etiquette up in a dictionary lol

etiquette - conventional code of conduct or behaviour

Achilles
09-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
why disable why not re-program so that instead of aiding the enemy it aids u

i mean u were able to re-program sentry droids to kill the enemy in kotor

:c3po: but im built for etiquette not distruction Sure, why not...

I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say though :)

90SK
09-28-2004, 11:24 AM
:explode:

Boy, I feel stupid. I guess I was just on automatic pilot. Sorry about that Achilles, and thanks again for the update! :)

Aleggy
09-28-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Sure, why not...

I think you're missing the point of what I was trying to say though :)

if ur point was that T3 will finally be usefull then i got ur point if it wasn't then sorry Achilles i missed ur point

all i was trying to do by saying y not just re-program
was adding my 2 cents to ur idea

sorry if i was misunderstood

spoiler

but from what i've heard T3 is going to be available in an optional tutorial, so i'm not sure if T3 will be in the rest of the game but even if he isnt no doubt obsidian will give us another astro droid to annoy us with its beeps and wistles that none of us understand except for c3po