PDA

View Full Version : i want the music

maxloef
10-01-2004, 05:30 AM
hey guys o would like to get the music from the game but i cant seem to open a .lvl file can anyone help me cause i dont have a clue how to sue a hex editor.

gui1e
10-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Just for information

I think the game sound effects are stored in the sound/common.bnk and the music stored in each of the sound/.lvl files. I've loaded them into goldwave and although they're at the wrong sample rate etc you can make out the different effects/music.

richcz3
10-01-2004, 08:15 AM
gui1e

What did you use to extract the sound files?
What is the format used?

richcz3

gui1e
10-01-2004, 08:21 AM
I used a program called goldwave and loaded the file into it as RAW. A lot more work needs to be done to ascertain the correct format for the sound /music and to be able to extract/pack them correctly.

maxloef
10-06-2004, 09:15 AM
i dont understand that goldwaave thingy can you send the music to me (maxloef@hotmail.com use msn)

Yahoo.s2f
10-07-2004, 07:04 AM
I think you can use any sample editor to load the file as RAW (as mentioned before) and then pitch the samplerate
down to about -25 in some areas and -15 i think in others, it seems that the samples are in different samplerats in the file so just experiment with the rate and you will find the right one eventually :) (im talking about the games SFX)