PDA

View Full Version : Do you think modding will be quite the same?

PoM
10-01-2004, 10:46 AM
Yeah, what do you think?
Might it be harder(I hope not) Or (hopefully) easier to mod tsl?
I suppose it will have quite the same files since its basically...
Knights of the old republic! (2)
So...Lets get ready for tsl, since...
Since i gotta wait 2 more months than everyone with an X-box!!!
Oh dam...
How (not) funny..

StormTrooper789
10-02-2004, 02:41 PM
On the Obsidian forums, the Devs said the file formats in TSL would be the same as KOTOR, so you are correct sir.

PoM
10-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Darn! Its hard enough as it is...Err...Well its not harder so...:cry6:

Err...I didnt do anything:ang2:

And why call me sir when you can call me "Great jedi master"

Prime
10-03-2004, 08:56 AM
But if things are transferable, that emans a lot of work will have been done already when the game comes out...

RedHawke
10-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Prime
But if things are transferable, that emans a lot of work will have been done already when the game comes out...

Exactly! We'll be ready to go a lot faster than in KOTOR. :D

FiEND_138
10-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Werd. I can hardly wait to see what kind of things you guys crank out come Feb. :D

PoM
10-06-2004, 11:15 AM
Transferable, eh? Sounds good, though i dont really understand, but as i said: sounds good.

JediConsularAD
10-06-2004, 11:20 AM
how exactly do u mod

PoM
10-06-2004, 11:29 AM
Who? me?

If anyone, err...Just click here and read anything. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=129789)

JediConsularAD
10-06-2004, 11:38 AM
thanks

PoM
10-13-2004, 08:58 AM
Ehh..no problem

T7nowhere
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
I suspect Febuary 2005 will be a very interesting month :)

stingerhs
10-14-2004, 09:18 PM
^^^agreed. :D

RedHawke
10-14-2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere

Yes it will! But I don't think modding will start in earnest until we all have played through at least a couple of times. :D

T7nowhere
10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I don't I think I'll Probably play for a few hours after I buy it then see how accessible the game resources are :)

Achilles
10-14-2004, 10:19 PM
I don't I think I'll Probably play for a few hours after I buy it then see how accessible the game resources are :) Now that's what I call hardcore :D

If TSL is anything like KotOR, I probably won't even consider mods until I've played it so often that it almost doesn't have any appeal to me anymore. Of course, I didn't find Holowan Labs until I'd been playing for about 6 months. It might be different this time.

T7nowhere
10-14-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Achilles
Now that's what I call hardcore :D

If TSL is anything like KotOR, I probably won't even consider mods until I've played it so often that it almost doesn't have any appeal to me anymore.

heh, :) I played KotOR for 2 months straight before I found out the game was moddable and By then I was a little bored of it. It has actually taken about 10 months for me to play the game agian. I mean for more than just testing out mods. ;)

Achilles
10-14-2004, 11:34 PM
heh, :) I played KotOR for 2 months straight before I found out the game was moddable and By then I was a little bored of it. It has actually taken about 10 months for me to play the game agian. I mean for more than just testing out mods. ;) I got the game right after it came out and have religiously completed one game a week since. The only three exceptions that I can think of are the week I was in San Diego, a week while I played Dungeon Siege for a change of pace, and a week where I played Prince or Persia: Sands of Time. I'm still waiting for it to get old....

Prime
10-15-2004, 06:33 AM
I don't I think I'll Probably play for a few hours after I buy it then see how accessible the game resources are :) Speak for yourself. I'm jumping right in. Modding can wait! :)

Darth333
10-15-2004, 09:02 AM
Sometime ago, Akari at Obsidian confirmed that the ERF/GFF/BIF/2DA/TLK formats are the same as Kotor 1 :elephant:

However, about the model format he said: I believe we have a different model format than KotOR1 :(

I think I'll rent the Xbox version of the game (yes, I am the owner of one of those evil black and green boxes :rolleyes: but I very rarely use it - I definitely prefer to play on my PC) when it is released: I am too impatient and I'll be able to come here without fearing spoilers. Then, when the PC version is released, I'll be ready to mod it :D

Cloud91690
10-15-2004, 09:51 AM

Me as a short-time modder is also very interested in the coming Febuary

16_BIT
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I think I'll rent the Xbox version of the game (yes, I am the owner of one of those evil black and green boxes :rolleyes: but I very rarely use it - I definitely prefer to play on my PC) when it is released: I am too impatient and I'll be able to come here without fearing spoilers. Then, when the PC version is released, I'll be ready to mod it :D
That might just be the first idea that has ever made me want a console...

RedHawke
10-15-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Speak for yourself. I'm jumping right in. Modding can wait! :)

I agree... we have 6 prestiege classes to play and so many LS and DS acts to do first! :D

Mike Frank
10-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Yes, modding will probably be much different when TSL is released this December. Oh wait, you guys don't have an x-box. Haha!!!

Darth333
10-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Mike Frank
Yes, modding will probably be much different when TSL is released this December. Oh wait, you guys don't have an x-box. Haha!!!
I do have an Xbox too Haha! and concerning modding, check my post above: those answers were given by Akari himself (dev at Obsidian). It means that we will at least be able to use the good old gff editor :rolleyes: :D

PoM
10-18-2004, 08:41 AM
I got the game right after it came out and have religiously completed one game a week since. The only three exceptions that I can think of are the week I was in San Diego, a week while I played Dungeon Siege for a change of pace, and a week where I played Prince or Persia: Sands of Time. I'm still waiting for it to get old....

Yay! Love that game!

stingerhs
10-18-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
I do have an Xbox too Haha! and concerning modding, check my post above: those answers were given by Akari himself (dev at Obsidian). It means that we will at least be able to use the good old gff editor :rolleyes: :D

yay!!! we're all gonna be clueless until fred releases a tsl editor!!!!

well, maybe not entirely, but really close for some people. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Mike Frank

actually, it wouldn't take much for me to go get one. however, i will not be a pawn of emporer gates.

not to mention, i'll be lmao whenever you start complaining about not having any mods available for your precious xbox come january. :dev7:

p.s. i'm not trying to attack you personally, so don't take it that way. post nicely about how your getting tsl first, and it won't happen to begin with. thanx. :D

Darth Straker
10-18-2004, 11:26 AM
Let's hope so...

RedHawke
10-18-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
actually, it wouldn't take much for me to go get one. however, i will not be a pawn of emporer gates.

Same here, no Xbox or Microsoft Imperial March in my house! :D

FiEND_138
10-18-2004, 11:08 PM
Agreed.

I refuse to play into Gates X-Mas scheme for TSL. Screw him & his "weighing in".

[/Topic] Again, I can not wait to see what you modding gurus accomplish in Feb.- March, or when ever KT gets ported over to TSL, if necessary.

*Edit * :trooper: w00t

RedHawke
10-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Again, I can not wait to see what you modding gurus accomplish in Feb.- March, or when ever KT gets ported over to TSL, if necessary.

I'm hoping Fred Tetra can get KT ported over to TSL quickly as I'm also just salavating at the chance to look over the game files. I guess I'm a little hardcore too. :D

Prime
10-19-2004, 07:20 AM
If we are really lucky, he won't have to port anything if all the file structures are the same...

stingerhs
10-19-2004, 09:45 AM
true, but keep in mind that kt looks directly at the game files, so therefore fred would have to modify it slightly so that it would read tsl files.

RedHawke
10-19-2004, 08:10 PM
true, but keep in mind that kt looks directly at the game files, so therefore fred would have to modify it slightly so that it would read tsl files.

Hopefully that will just be a changing a few lines of code to look for the the new TSL registry entries. If all the files structures are identical then we should be in business fast, like Prime said above! :D

stingerhs
10-19-2004, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Hopefully that will just be a changing a few lines of code to look for the the new TSL registry entries. If all the files structures are identical then we should be in business fast, like Prime said above! :D

hmm, maybe we'll be able to crack some more stuff in the meantime (like the current success with 3d models by bneezy, cchargin, xavier2, et al.) so that making really good mods for tsl will be even easier. :D

Achilles
10-19-2004, 08:51 PM
hmm, maybe we'll be able to crack some more stuff in the meantime (like the current success with 3d models by bneezy, cchargin, xavier2, et al.) so that making really good mods for tsl will be even easier. :D The only true interest I've had in modeling has to do with getting authentic movie style robes. If I can port the TSL robes into the KotOR game, I'll be one happy camper. Aside from that I have little interest in model editing :D

EDIT: I will amend this to say that if the animations are ever cracked, expect me to go full-on nuts with lightsaber mods :bounce1:

stingerhs
10-19-2004, 09:19 PM
EDIT: I will amend this to say that if the animations are ever cracked, expect me to go full-on nuts with lightsaber mods :bounce1:

sweetage. are we talking about cool hilts, or just wierd things you can do with a saber in the eu?? :D

Achilles
10-19-2004, 09:21 PM
sweetage. are we talking about cool hilts, or just wierd things you can do with a saber in the eu?? :D Hilts...hilts until you can't stand it anymore.

RedHawke
10-19-2004, 09:28 PM
Hilts...hilts until you can't stand it anymore.

And then when stingerhs reaches this point, I'll start releasing some! :D

stingerhs
10-19-2004, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
And then when stingerhs reaches this point, I'll start releasing some! :D
i never get tired of new hilts, besides, i don't HAVE to dl them...

not like i wouldn't dl them anyway...

:D