PDA

View Full Version : KingGurus Hoth Mod (Download Area)

kingguru
10-12-2004, 11:06 AM
KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 Jedi Version (2 file patch)
Release Oct 12th,2004

**Must be US release and fully up to date on patches**
*Must download both (2) patch files for Mods to work.

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) hot1.lvl patch.exe (http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/files/KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) hot1.lvl patch.exe)

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) mission.lvl patch.exe (http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/files/KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) mission.lvl patch.exe)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For the Star Wars Fans who do not want JEDI Players:

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- mission.lvl patch.exe (http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/files/KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- mission.lvl patch.exe)

KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- hot1.lvl patch.exe (http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/files/KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 -=No Player Jedi=- hot1.lvl patch.exe)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release notes for v.1.000
KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000
Release Oct 12th,2004

For Star Wars BattleFront with newest patch updates.

In this release:

Pilots Alert! ALL FLIGHT CAPS REMOVED! Fly unlimited space.

More Vehicles on Hoth including Y-Wings, Tiefighters and X-Wing. Changed spawn points for vehicles. Each side will have each type of vehicle from both factions but at random times/random locations.

Play as Darth Vador. (jedi version only)

Millennium Falcon out of the Hangar. It now rests mid battlefield.

Several Objects have been moved or removed. None of these are permanent. Some crates are floating etc..

Added 4 more turrets : trying to move the action out in to the ATAT area , there is now a turret there as well. 2 Turrets added to the Rebel Hangar base.

Future updates= Sounds in other areas such as steam sounds near falcon , weapons changes and making more vehicles available, total hoth map conversion.

Issues in this release : The tiefighter in the rebel base is going to be swapped later.. right now you can get in but you'll explode and its the same with the Xwing which also takes along time to spawn.. these are being updated.

BACKUP BEFORE YOU PATCH! we are not responsible if you have to re-install you game due to not making backups of these two files.

BACKUP :

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\HOT\hot1.lvl

and

C:\Program Files\LucasArts\Star Wars Battlefront\GameData\Data\_LVL_PC\mission.lvl

Then apply this patch.

TO UN-INSTALL :
Delete the mod files, mission.lvl and hot1.lvl and simply use your backups versions of hot1.lvl and mission.lvl

note: this patch will likely be updated daily , this is just a fun mod to get some replay value and show a few moddable portions of the game. This patch does not alter ANY other files or maps in any way.

---end of release notes---

note: if you post these on your sites, please make sure to return to this topic post as updates will most likely occur often from the same link(s) just with new patch names.

subs0nic
10-12-2004, 11:14 AM
Very nice, good to see something released from you. :)

darthvader115
10-12-2004, 11:25 AM
nice can't wait to play it :cool:

TEXVINDICTIVE
10-12-2004, 11:25 AM
I know this is a dumb question, BUT where am I to downloading this from?

Vinny:)

Never mind.:cool:

naaitsab
10-12-2004, 11:35 AM
i can't wait :lsduel:

Alegis
10-12-2004, 12:13 PM
deserves its own new topic. Can't wait as well.

Oh the potential for when the tools are out...

PR-0927
10-12-2004, 01:53 PM
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.

Sorry for the language moderators, but it is needed.

:fett:

kingguru
10-12-2004, 02:24 PM
quoted :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play JO/JA for that. I'm glad that modding has started, but STAY AWAY FROM PUTTING JEDI IN THE GAME. It ruined JO/JA, with the stupid anti-laming, restricted Force, and lightsaber only things. The game is meant to be played properly. This may bring in the honor bull****.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL, this isnt a forced download. I'm merely testing what possibilites the game engine allows us to mod, most of the changes are a great change just to have something new to play. After the umpteenth email about making a release I realized players just want to have fun seeing mods as they are created and to have some replay value. In no way is my release a Mulitplayer ready map (with jedi). You will see when you play it, this is a fun map mod, tons of vehicles, lots more action! Darth Vador is fun to play for about 8 seconds but I dont see there being an issue with this -=but you cant make them all happy=- ;) True SW Fans simply download the non jedi version i'm making available above which will do fine for MP servers.

kingguru
10-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Please enjoy the mod, i will most likely update it daily so keep checking the beginning of this topic for newest releases. Feel free to leave ideas that are closely related to hoth map modding here.

TEXVINDICTIVE
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Why did you do this? You are creating the risk of ruining SWBF with Dark Jedi, Sith, and Jedi. They should never be playable. Go play blah blah blah. Blah blah blah blah. Also blah blah blah blah

You’re in an edit forum.
I only know 3D rendering software Unreal, 3D Max. This man's posts are teaching me how to use a hex editor and hopefully I can make some mods.
Majin Revan, post stuff here to help with editing, don't waste this thread on your opinion.

Vinny :)

kingguru
10-12-2004, 06:33 PM
I wont really go any further on explaining jedi feelings. This is the editing area of the site, and I'm a modder making tools for the peeps to learn more about editing the game/ extending the gameplay. If someone doesnt want jedi dont download the jedi version.

Modding = replay value. SWBF = game.

^Invader
10-12-2004, 07:34 PM
was going to make a news post about the non jedi version also but your links for the downloads aren't working if you can get them fixed i will put them in there :)

Also if you want I would submit them to lucasfiles also :)

kingguru
10-12-2004, 07:39 PM
Im updating the patches now for non jedi, the unlimited flying and xwing update was just added so im updating everything. It will all be up in an hour (1am EST) Expect a new version tommorrow for all links as well. v.1.001.

^Invader
10-12-2004, 07:43 PM
ok if you would send me a PM or post here when the new versions is up :)

thanks

FF-Osilo
10-12-2004, 09:41 PM
So many things wrong with this thread... the balance of good on this thread does not outweight that of the bad.
Oh damn, is that my opinion... *GASP*. I have fouled the thread. BLASPHEMY!

kingguru
10-12-2004, 10:22 PM
Files have been updated. Enjoy. The new mod update is on its way... v.1.001 Also please note the new urls are in the files directory vs that long name I was using. Sorry and please be sure to update if you direct link to it.

subs0nic
10-12-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by FF-Osilo
So many things wrong with this thread... the balance of good on this thread does not outweight that of the bad.
Oh damn, is that my opinion... *GASP*. I have fouled the thread. BLASPHEMY!

Worthless posts such as yours are the only thing fouling this thread. Whether you like the mod or not, don't bother posting unless you have something constructive to offer.

kingguru
10-12-2004, 11:05 PM
edit :saved this spot for a rainy day.

Visceral
10-13-2004, 12:18 AM
Excellent work! I do wish the ceiling were raised as well as removing the NSEW barriers, but I'm sure that will get figured out as well. Looking forward to future releases.

Alegis
10-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Everyone listen up.

I read before kingguro said he wouldnt make admin mods whatever where you can play em.

With no tools etc yet they're all seeing what their limit is.

This is an editing forum, the game and engine is out and they're now seein where the "edges" of their pre-tool editing lay.
They like editing, you like playing.

Now you need to apply em and cant join normal games etc. This is still different from a game where mods are automaticly loaded, server side patches etc. It's still different. See it as a SP mod instead of MP. It's just to play a bit around with it like the ewoks.

I suggest you all keep quiet unless its
a) bugs/requests
b) constructive feedback.
as long as its a sp modif. like this.

What are you afraid for if the majority doesn't want playable jedi?

Azurik12x
10-13-2004, 02:44 AM
you,sir, are my HERO! :)

Lendog
10-13-2004, 06:20 AM
Ok,
So after i make a backup of the files and install the mods...Do i have to uninstall the mod to play the regular game again?

Thx for all the work..keep it up!!

Alegis
10-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Lendog, before you apply the patch backup the original mission.lvl and hot1.lvl, just drag em and press ctrl.

If you want to play normal again, rename (F2) the mission.lvl and hot1.lvl to, for example, hot1kingguru.lvl and missionkingguru.lvl,
and rename (click, f2) the "copy of mission.lvl" etc back to their normal filename. That way you can easily switch by renaming. Or just putting in other folders, whatever you like

kingguru
10-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Im making more improvements now for the non jedi version. The Xwing has only popped up once in a 20 minute game , thats no good, as well as the worthless ships in the rebel base, i may go back to the snow speeder to allow for atat srategy to come back in play. And just allow for 8 more spawn places (basically everywhere there used to be a tauntaun). Some for both sides. Glad most of you seem to enjoy the mods. Send pm if you get real lost

Rends
10-13-2004, 10:40 AM
I havn´t tried it out yet but i heard that it´s not working with the german version. Could this be true?

Rends

kingguru
10-13-2004, 10:51 AM
It could be true but ive not heard anything other than your post. I dont have the german version and since the words are most likely in german in the file these mods wont work for them.

Ill update the mod to say US release if anyone can test this to see.

Azurik12x
10-13-2004, 11:31 AM
the hoth that you made should have been the hoth that they made. i love your hoth a lot better :):). everyone needs to download this (non version) and we can play this hoth online :)

kingguru
10-13-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks. Things can only get better as more is uncovered in the code. Im still moving things around and adding more vehicles/better spawns in more places. I also re-added the snowspeeder and more area for those to spawn. They are a nice atat strategy and since im tuning the imperial side up it will equal out nice.

Look for the next update soon...today I was messing with tatooine2 map and moved the skiff, made all players into jawa with rocket launchers and some other nice mods. It was alot of fun since everyone on the map was a jawa at one point, but there was ALOT of running since most of the jawa dont actually fire at you they are all too busy getting command posts - so running is the largest strategy , lol.

Ill be making more hoth changes now.

The Jawa arent just for healing anymore. (http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/jawa.gif)

The were out in full force today! They sound like the little mouse in looney toons cartoons, arrive arriva. and there death sounds like a yelping cat.

http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/jawa2.gif

jawa select area before I removed wooks...
http://www.strongholdworld.com/starwars/jawa3.gif

treemonster
10-13-2004, 11:52 AM
jawas aren't jsut for shooting at? damn. never knew that. oh well.

thansk for the maps, will check these out. keep upt eh great work guys

Cyclone7
10-13-2004, 12:20 PM
Does adding to the flight ceiling affect a servers latency? Maybe this is a dumb question, but I would think adding onto the overall area of the map, especially an area that isn't occluded, would affect the multi-player performance. I LOVE the fact you can fly higher, just wanna know if it will affect network performance in any way.

Alegis
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Ha that jawa pic is fantastic.

I don't see why everyone is whining about this mod. Vader is as slow/fast as any other infantry unit and cannot attack from range. If you get away he cant catch up.

And by doing this we can set exact damage reports on the jedi, whats best to kill em etc. Seems one slash is enough to destroy a hoth turret

Kurgan
10-13-2004, 01:45 PM
The main problem with Jedi is their health (it doesn't go down, even when they are knocked down by explosions) so there are only a couple of "sneaky" ways to kill them. The rest should be simple enough to balance.

Mmmm.. Jawa Juice!

kingguru
10-13-2004, 02:09 PM
Well the non jedi and jedi release are both out and even sites who complained about jedi are offering them for download so go figure.

And in reply to Cyclone7 :

Does adding to the flight ceiling affect a servers latency? Maybe this is a dumb question, but I would think adding onto the overall area of the map, especially an area that isn't occluded, would affect the multi-player performance. I LOVE the fact you can fly higher, just wanna know if it will affect network performance in any way.

The height isnt actually altered as of yet, it the area that you can fly out of the boundries that I have modified, to remove the "turn back or die" message, there is still a limit on how high up you can fly which im working on but that never kills anyone its just annoying.....in regards to latency and performance I tested this about 100 times in the original and modded version of hoth and it actually was exactly the same since the only thing we really altered was a boundrie , were not supplying more of a map or anything like added items for the engine to build. Slow machines may be affected by the more active vehicles but in general MP servers running this with over 512Mb ram or (1 gig for dedicated) will zoom with not a single issue.

ANd in reply to jedi powers and health, I think we will soon be able to alter the health (which is 75% for jedi but never moves) and I believe the power of the lightsaber for all factions is set to the same damage as 1 blast from the atat chin cannons from what I have seen. This will all (most likely) be modded in the near future for jedi players that want to play a jedi character that can die and must melee with a altered lightsaber , i think this will quiet down the non progressive jedi whiners.

FF-Osilo
10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by subs0nic
Worthless posts such as yours are the only thing fouling this thread. Whether you like the mod or not, don't bother posting unless you have something constructive to offer.

**** you buddy! It was a joke, you arragant pos. Don't give yourself the pleasure of thinking I signed up to flame you. I signed up when I got BF. I figured there may be a time in the future where I would need to post something. YOU ARE THE WORTHLESS!! I'm glad to see you guys figured out how base sixteen works.

teeth_03
10-13-2004, 04:44 PM
I think if u give the jedi the same health as a regular tropper,that would help.So maybe u could kill them like u kill a vehicle,if it can still deflect lasers,just nade it or shoot a missle at it. A blaster cannon might do some damage to it as well.

This might be going the opposite way with this,but I think giving each jedi/sith a different force power would be kewl. Like a low power lightning blast(like the clone pilot weapon,but without the weapon,just make it come out of his hand),or give the jedi sumtin like the droideka shield. If u do this,u can just use one guy to distract a jedi while one goes around back of him for the kill.
Heres my idea for some kewl force stuff.

Well,those 2 I already said
Maybe sumtin like a force jump,like the dark trooper,without the jetpack

Maybe 2 lightsabers with no force power,or a double one(Get Maul in the Game!!!).

Ok,totally other ideas now.
Get the Falcon flyable,if possible(with 3 ppl,a pilot and 2 gunners)

Make some of the neutrals playable-Wookies(ones with other guns),Emoks,Tuskens,Gungans,Naboo Security...maybe try and get R2-D2 in the battlefield somehow,with more "offensive" capibilites.

I like to see sumtin like a troop transport,maybe have like 12 ppl in one flying vehicle to get to an enemy CP easier(also can kill 12 ppl with one or two good missles ;)).

Ok,u if u got Vader playable at Hoth,u gotta get Mace playable at geonosis

FF-Osilo
10-13-2004, 05:08 PM
Sorry I was in a bad mood took it out on you. I apologize. Keep up the good work. If I could get some freetime I'd be editing too :-P. That's why it upsets me that people are flaming this. Once again my original post was a joke and I was really flaming the flamers. Have a good one.

DarkReborn
10-14-2004, 09:30 AM
please dp it for spanish users please!!!!!

F4rt
10-14-2004, 12:06 PM
lol man this might sound noobish but how can i play as darth

DarkReborn
10-14-2004, 12:56 PM
or put it on rar file i can,t install it so my game is spanish and that file is english/american ok???

kingguru
10-14-2004, 01:43 PM
I dont have any way of knowing what the spanish and german version of SWBF look like, if you send the spanish mission.lvl and any maps I can translate it and release a spanish version of my mods. As far as german release, if someone can translate I can release it as well. There are only a few areas to swap out from english to other languages so this wont be a big deal...

D®agon¬Claw
10-14-2004, 09:56 PM
I have a mistake when i install the hot.1.

This programm can not update the installed version of KingGurus Hoth Mod v.1.000 (Jedi Version) hot1.lvl patch because the following reason: C\PROGRAMME\LUCASARTS\STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT\GAMEDATA\DATA\_LVL_PC\HOT\hot1.lvl: unknown version.

kingguru
10-14-2004, 10:10 PM
You must be over writing the original files from game release and you MUST Have the newest patches for Battlefield before applying patch , but most likely you modded your own mission.lvl and tried to apply the mod. Just use a copy of your (backed up) mission.lvl and then apply the patch.

D®agon¬Claw
10-14-2004, 10:20 PM
I have Version 1.01 for Battlefront and the normal mission and hot.

But then i install hot1.lvl but it dont work :(

kingguru
10-14-2004, 10:54 PM
What is the language of your game? I noticed that your C program files / PROGAMMEE so that tells me to remind everyone, these mods are US release only.

subs0nic
10-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Just thought I'd mention that I haven' t had any trouble installing mods, so up to this point I can say that they also work on versions released in the UK.

kingguru
10-15-2004, 12:00 AM
hmm ok , well lets keep our eyes on it , if more people let us know that localized versions arent working with these they can be easily updated.

D®agon¬Claw
10-15-2004, 03:36 AM
I have the German version but i can update the mission.lvl. but i cant update the hot1.lvl... Why can i update the mission but nor hot1.lvl???

The Ewok mode works but i love jedis :(

Rends
10-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Might be more an installer problem than game language one?
If possible release it as single files in a zip so we can try it out if it works with our german version or not.

Rends

DarkReborn
10-15-2004, 05:08 AM
if you can give me you e-mail kinggurus i will give you the mission.lvl and the hot1.lvl

DarkReborn
10-15-2004, 05:10 AM
subsonic the versions of the united kingdom and the USA
are in esence the same versions

DarkReborn
10-15-2004, 05:25 AM
subsonic i have a question i have a text editor ultra edit 32
i open the ewk.lvl and it have to many rare sings but not letters
and i use it to open mission.lvl (hoth map) and i can modify it but it dosen,t works i erase imp_inf_dark_trooper and put on imp_inf_darthvader and it dosn,t works what are my problems?

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by Rends
Might be more an installer problem than game language one?
If possible release it as single files in a zip so we can try it out if it works with our german version or not.

Rends

Some of the files are quite large, this was the reason I started out with the patches instead of releasing the full modded files in the first place. Patches are a few hundred Kb, full files could be several dozen Mb.

F4rt
10-15-2004, 05:35 AM
any 1 gonna tell how u can play as darth any commands

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by DarkReborn
subsonic i have a question i have a text editor ultra edit 32
i open the ewk.lvl and it have to many rare sings but not letters
and i use it to open mission.lvl (hoth map) and i can modify it but it dosen,t works i erase imp_inf_dark_trooper and put on imp_inf_darthvader and it dosn,t works what are my problems?

At work just now so I need to wait till I get home to check mission.lvl to answer your question on Vader. In ewk.lvl, the bits you need to edit are at the very end of the file.

any 1 gonna tell how u can play as darth any commands

Again, I'll check up when I get home, my memory isn't that good. I can tell you there are no in-game commands to play as Darth Vader, it's all done by modding.

Kingguru wrote this into his mod, so if he reads this before I get home he might answer for you. ;)

kingguru
10-15-2004, 10:14 AM
In the jedi version i replaced the dark tropper (4th class) to darth vador , there are no commands, key cheats etc.. to make this happen, you must install the mod.

As far as the installer, Subsonic and I are getting a better patcher that uses all languages, patches all files in a single file instead of downloading many files for each mod.

I want to know if these are working for other languages so far. I am hearing that UK works so where are the language/localized issues coming from?

My email is guru@gametoast.com for those who want to send the files from other countries/languages, then I can see if the patcher is the issue or the files.lvl.

D®agon¬Claw
10-15-2004, 10:20 AM
Sry my english is not good.

i have a question:

Is it possible that u create a new class slot for vader and only for player? because i have seen 3 vaders on hoth when i update the mission.lvl .

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by D®agon¬Claw
Sry my english is not good.

i have a question:

Is it possible that u create a new class slot for vader and only for player? because i have seen 3 vaders on hoth when i update the mission.lvl .

This would involve preventing the AI units from choosing a particular class. It may be possible, but as far as I know no-one has found a way.. yet.

arachon
10-15-2004, 11:23 AM
couldn't you make a mod that replaces or removes the darktrooper and the wookiee smuggler on the endor and hoth maps (for example replace them with the imperial officer and bothan spy)

kingguru
10-15-2004, 11:38 AM
The size of the characters for the spy and imperial officer are larger then all_inf_wookie and all_inf_darktrooper , the imperial officer is imp_inf_imperialofficer and the spy i didnt look up but in most cases these are infantry class for factions not special class. Ive yet to swap special class for 1-4thclass( basically 5th class is anything in the 5th player select spot on any map, those are special characters which are specified in the in the mission files before it checks to see what 1st - 4th class you are loading)

for skimmers:
the result of your questions makes the special 5th class not load. making 4 player selectable choices

updated thanks sub :) hehe

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by kingguru
The size of the characters for the spy and imperial officer are larger then all_inf_wookie and all_inf_darktrooper , the imperial officer is imp_inf_imperialofficer and the spy i didnt look up but in most cases these are infantry class for factions not 4th class. Ive yet to swap 4th class for 1-3rd class( basically 4th class is anything in the 4th player select spot on any map, those are special characters which are specified in the in the mission files before it checks to see what 1st - 3rd class you are loading)

for skimmers:
the result of your questions makes the 4th class not load. making 3 player selectable choices

It's just a typo, guru knows that there are 4 basic classes... heehee :naughty: :p

D®agon¬Claw
10-16-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by subs0nic
This would involve preventing the AI units from choosing a particular class. It may be possible, but as far as I know no-one has found a way.. yet.

I hope you or kingguru found a way. A jedimod with Vader Luke Count doku and mace windu is very good.

subs0nic
10-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by D®agon¬Claw
I hope you or kingguru found a way. A jedimod with Vader Luke Count doku and mace windu is very good.

Matter of opinion.. some might not agree that there should be ANY Jedi in the game. ;)

Lost_Prophet999
10-17-2004, 05:22 AM
where do you save the files to???

kingguru
10-23-2004, 12:59 PM
I just exracted the Ion from Hoth? Does this backdrop/texture of the Ion appear anywhere in hoth for anyone?

Rends
10-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Kingguru,
are you talking about the ion cannon you can see here:
http://people.freenet.de/Santarossa/Hoth_ion.jpg

Rends

kingguru
10-23-2004, 03:07 PM
hehe thanks... my maps are so modded I didnt know if that was used or not. It just a background bmp. Over a skybox, hehe that clear that up.

Right now I have the sky for bespin on hoth, things are very dark in our favorite snowy planet right now. lol

DaniDK
10-28-2004, 07:47 AM
Hi, Im new here and I have a question. Plz dont hurt me XD How do you make the backup file. Srr for being a dummy =/