PDA

View Full Version : Kotor 2 SL Release

Raveth
10-12-2004, 01:13 PM
hey all for what i know of kotor 2

it will release on PC 2005 February 5th

You are still revan but they take it as you has completead kotor 1 as evil and then you dont know what you wanna be evil or good :) and the jedi's are all extinct almost and nothing can stop the sith only you stands in their way..
Oh yea much is same as nr 1 but new enter face and so..

well thats what i know about KOTOR II now much but still well thats ive been told :)

-Raveth

T7nowhere
10-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Please do not post any spoilers(accurate or otherwise)about TSL in Holowan. Holowan labs is for modding discusion only.

This is moved.

*Yoinked*
10-12-2004, 01:34 PM
I heard you are a jedi who has served under Revan returning from the Unknown Regions to find no jedi anywhere (extinct or hiding is not known) and the sith start to hunt you down to kill of the "last of the jedi" and you have lost your connection to the force and heave to regain it. Revan only makes cameo appearances if anything, btw shouldn't this be in the TSelos Tourist Berou (sp)...

-Adam G.

PoM
10-13-2004, 07:57 AM
I've heard the same, also its not as if you completed in darkside, you will answer questions of what happened in kotor1.
At least thats what i heard

Aleggy
10-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Raveth

You are still revan but they take it as you has completead kotor 1 as evil and then you dont know what you wanna be evil or good :) and the jedi's are all extinct almost and nothing can stop the sith only you stands in their way..

well thats what i know about KOTOR II now much but still well thats ive been told :)

-Raveth

i was wondering Raveth where u got ur info as it appears to be inacurate

spoiler

to my knowledge you do not get to be revan and it would appear that the others on this thread concur

MTV2
10-13-2004, 04:07 PM
So when are we putting up a forum for KotOR 2? it comes out in feburary and its october, 3 months.

like make the forums(or get them ready) then pick out moderators
i hope it comes out soon

Aleggy
10-14-2004, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by MTV2
So when are we putting up a forum for KotOR 2? it comes out in feburary and its october, 3 months.

like make the forums(or get them ready) then pick out moderators
i hope it comes out soon

are you forgetting that is the pc release date

its december for xbox users

however its still a dam good question

and i dont have a clue sorry

MTV2
10-14-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
are you forgetting that is the pc release date

its december for xbox users

ya i know that

im just asking because i think holowan laboratories(well, the pc discussion place) i think, came like a month or 2 months before kotor came out(i just know that the forum was up before the game) anywho, just wondering...

Raveth
10-14-2004, 08:03 AM
ehm actually i saw i na trailer on www.lucasarts.com/swkotorsl
that the ebon hawk is your ship and your in it too ..

Aleggy
10-14-2004, 11:37 AM
ehm actually i saw i na trailer on www.lucasarts.com/swkotorsl
that the ebon hawk is your ship and your in it too ..

ok raveth it seems you jumped to the wrong conclusions let me put u straight on a few facts

and this isnt me being all high and mighty this is me reading a lot on these forums and checking up on the facts

spoiler

in tsl u r not revan u r in fact a jedi who has left the order however u are also thought to be the last jedi alive and the sith are hunting u down

in tsl there will be an optional tutorial where u get to be t3 and the ebon hawke is in bad repair

from what i've heard the ebon hawke will be the ship u use how or y i dont know

and at the beginning you will be subtly asked how you ended kotor, and this will affect how the game plays out and what previous characters will make cameo apearences

there is more i know but i believe thats enough for now hope that helps to clear up any problems

MTV2
10-14-2004, 04:58 PM
this should be put in a spoiler thing, or the forum title should say : Warning!SPOILERS!

Anywho, yes Aleggy, you are correct, thats about exactly correct
thereis also a new sith called Darth Sion in it:D

MTV2
10-14-2004, 05:04 PM

-Raveth
Ummm.. Why do you think Revans in this when you made this thread (http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137946) and you said that you understood:confused:

Aleggy
10-15-2004, 05:32 AM
this should be put in a spoiler thing, or the forum title should say : Warning!SPOILERS!

Anywho, yes Aleggy, you are correct, thats about exactly correct
thereis also a new sith called Darth Sion in it:D

soz mtv2 but in my defence i've only just found out how the spoiler tags work

so i will be using them from now on lol

MTV2
10-15-2004, 06:57 AM
OIC

ok, sounds good cuz you dont want people looking at it then detroying the whole story for them;)

Venom750
10-16-2004, 03:24 PM
It only comes out in December on American XBOX, international XBOX have to wait till Febuary/:( :( :(

Aleggy
10-16-2004, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by Venom750
It only comes out in December on American XBOX, international XBOX have to wait till Febuary/:( :( :(

oh no

umm whats the international release date for the pc

Venom750
10-16-2004, 03:54 PM
Same as the international XBOX Febuary 2005

90SK
10-16-2004, 04:20 PM
I should feel smug about that...but I don't. *darn Xbox:mad: *

RedHawke
10-16-2004, 07:56 PM
^^^^
*Once again... Curses the Xbox!!!* :fist:

Aleggy
10-17-2004, 03:48 AM
you know i think this will actually save me money because i was planning on getting tsl in dec because i dont think i could have waited another 2 months and i intended to get it for my pc aswell but if they come out at same time in feb then i'll just get the pc version

my reason for this is simple i bought kotor on xbox played it about 3 or 4 times then decided to get it for the pc so i could have fun with mods however i've only just started playng it on the pc (without mods) and i'm hooked and i believe its better than the xbox version

the only thing i prefer on the xbox version is being able to use the joypad to move the character

but with everything else thats a minor problem

Cyborgninja
10-18-2004, 03:14 PM
but U got to thimk about people with crappy computers (like me)

so the xbox is my savior

dark jedi 8
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
to quote quagmire from Family Guy:
"heh heh, aaalriiiight."

"giggidy giggidy giggidy giggidy."

:D (this message paid for by a proud american whom owns a xbox).

MTV2
10-19-2004, 05:01 PM
Ya, family guy:D

Anywho, It's just like Halo 2 where halo 2 comes out for Xbox in November(I think) and the one for computer comes out later

stingerhs
10-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Ya, family guy:D

Anywho, It's just like Halo 2 where halo 2 comes out for Xbox in November(I think) and the one for computer comes out later
so far, that's not true. halo 2 has been anounced as an xbox exclusive. of course halo was said to be an xbox exclusive, but it started as a pc game. whenever microsoft studios took over some of the project, they decided the game would make a good game to offer at the xbox release. they then half-way scrubbed the pc version to convert the halo project over to the xbox format.

the same thing did NOT happen for halo 2. from the outset, halo 2 has been designed for the xbox, not the pc. will we get halo 2 for the pc? probably not. could we get a pc version? most definately. microsoft just wants halo 2 to themselves so they could get more money from extra xbox sales. :mad:

[/topic]
for those with "crappy" computers, kotor 2 should still look better on the pc than the xbox. with a higher res, and even the medium detail settings, kotor still looks tons better on the pc than the xbox version. :D

Raveth
10-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Venom750
Same as the international XBOX Febuary 2005

February 2005 PC

XBOX = December 2004

And Aleggy how you know that ? your a jedi, and not revan ?

90SK
10-20-2004, 12:50 PM

Heres a few reports that confirm this:

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/rpg/kotor2/news_6095387.html

http://www.pcgamer.com/eyeonline/eyeonline_2004-10-18.html

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200404/065.asp

http://www.megagames.com/news/html/movies/kotor2officialtrailer.shtml

http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-2/530479p1.html

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/530/530491p1.html (careful, slight Darth Sion spoiler inside this one)

Found in IGN KotOR 2 Update
Though you play a new character who once followed Revan, some characters from the original game will resurface for brief cameos, filling you in on their lives for the past five years.

Aleggy
10-20-2004, 02:58 PM
thankyou captainskye when i read raveth's post i quite literaly banged my head on my desk

and to be honest my original sources where other threads on this site which were then backed up by other threads from obsidians sites and lucas arts sites and i wasnt sure i'd be able to find them again to provide links

but now thanks to u captain i dont have too

Raveth
10-20-2004, 10:34 PM
well aleggy thats because your stupid O_o

RedHawke
10-20-2004, 10:50 PM
well aleggy thats because your stupid O_o

Once again Raveth flaming other users is not allowed here please read The Forum Rules & Codes of Conduct (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128142) Thread before you get into trouble. :mad:

1. You cannot, in any way, insult (or "flame") someone else on the board. People may not be insulted just because their opinion differs from your own. Flaming includes calling people names, insulting them in any way or saying offensive things to them.

EDIT: I have reported this post to the Moderators.

FiEND_138
10-20-2004, 10:54 PM
[B]February 2005 PC

XBOX = December 2004

No,

Feb '05 PC & International XBox

Dec '04 U.S. XBox

It's been stated at OE's site countless times, every interview answered the same when delt the question, etc. etc. etc.

& try to refrain from insulting other members......

*Edit* Yeah, what Hawke said.

FiEND_138
10-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Wow Raveth, after reading your other post over at HL, I'd say a bans in your immediate future. Sure wasn't nice knowing you, have a mediocre life.....

Aleggy
10-21-2004, 06:29 AM
well i feel that i have to point out in raveth's defence that this post of mine 'could' be interperated as me flaming raveth and all raveth was doing was retaliating

Originally posted by Aleggy
thankyou captainskye when i read raveth's post i quite literaly banged my head on my desk

and to be honest my original sources where other threads on this site which were then backed up by other threads from obsidians sites and lucas arts sites and i wasnt sure i'd be able to find them again to provide links

but now thanks to u captain i dont have too

but that said thanks for all your support

remember everyone there is no emotion only peace :D

Cyborgninja
10-21-2004, 07:48 AM
that is awesome that it comes out for xbox in dec. and feb. for computers HA HA pc gamers:stick:

Raveth
10-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
No,

Feb '05 PC & International XBox

Dec '04 U.S. XBox

It's been stated at OE's site countless times, every interview answered the same when delt the question, etc. etc. etc.

& try to refrain from insulting other members......

*Edit* Yeah, what Hawke said.

LOL says on Lucasarts official HP for kotor 2 SL release thats dec xbox feb pc

BTW Xbox are for children who only play games

Raveth
10-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Once again Raveth flaming other users is not allowed here please read The Forum Rules & Codes of Conduct (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128142) Thread before you get into trouble. :mad:

EDIT: I have reported this post to the Moderators.

wow you reported me 'sob' im so scared lmfao u really gotta get a life dude

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 08:58 AM
No, Redhawke does not, all he has done, is tried to make this place cleaner for kids, and for it to stick to its own rules...

Back on subject... I agree that you are not Revan, and i do not want ot be Revan...

Originally posted by FiEND_138
Wow Raveth, after reading your other post over at HL, I'd say a bans in your immediate future. Sure wasn't nice knowing you, have a mediocre life.....

I agree...

-Adam G.

Prime
10-21-2004, 09:23 AM
well aleggy thats because your stupid O_o As has been pointed out, childish flaming others will not be tolerated, Raveth. If you continue doing it, you will be banned. If you are fine with that, so are we. ;)

Cyborgninja
10-21-2004, 10:03 AM
So what if I have an xbox instead of a pc they cost alot more money then xbox and I have a computer I use for the internet but it is not fast enough to process games like kotor

Raveth
10-21-2004, 10:21 AM
cool prime your just a moderator afterall

Raveth
10-21-2004, 10:23 AM
oooh ya and wouldnt a stupid d00d bang his head against his desk ? well if your a massorchist it doesnt really matter does it ? lol ^^

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 10:41 AM
oooh ya and wouldnt a stupid d00d bang his head against his desk ? well if your a massorchist it doesnt really matter does it ? lol ^^

:eyeraise: :eyes8: :disaprove That makes no sense at all.... oh well...

Mods can edit merge split and ask supermods+admis to ban a user *hint* *hint* at any point in time of their OWN PRIVATE forum with no flaming *hint* *hint* at all...

-Adam G.

stingerhs
10-21-2004, 11:50 AM
hmm, i say lets end this thing now before it gets out of hand. we could all do ourselves a favor by calming down, deleting the thread, and getting on with our lives. :D

90SK
10-21-2004, 12:20 PM
*agrees with stingerhs*

Ya....I leave for like, 8 hours, and I come back to find this.

And just to make sure you know, Reveth, if they IP ban you, you can't come back. Ever. Just hope you know that.:tsk:

Darth333
10-21-2004, 12:44 PM

Ok, enough playing now ...that makes a lot of warnings considering the ones you've got here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138446) and the one I sent you via PM...expect some actions to be taken.

Aleggy
10-21-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Ok, enough playing now ...that makes a lot of warnings considering the ones you've got here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138446) and the one I sent you via PM...expect some actions to be taken.

well its nice to know that its not just me raveth is flaming

Raveth i do not take kindly to you flaming me again especialy since i defended your earlier flame

i own a ps2 xbox and a pc i am not a child i am 28 and i enjoy playing games on all formats

p.s. raveth here is some friendly advice take a more mature attitude while on these threads or you will find yourself banned if that hasnt already happened

and i fully agree with darth333

Aleggy
10-21-2004, 02:07 PM
i may not be a moderator but i'm beginning to feel this thread should be locked and started again from scratch

i mean it started well enough :D

FiEND_138
10-21-2004, 02:10 PM
[B]LOL says on Lucasarts official HP for kotor 2 SL release thats dec xbox feb pc

I am going to try to comment on the release dates without sticking my foot in my mouth or pissing a myriad of groups off. This is probably impossible, but hey when has that ever stopped Feargus "Slamdunk" Urquhart before.

Anyway now that I'm done with the disclaimer.

There are actually a whole bunch of reasons why the dates have been set they way they have been, some of them have to do with LucasArts and some of them have to do with Obsidian. Microsoft even weighed in on the topic and let us know what they would like to see. What came out of all that was that the US Xbox version would come out in December and the PC and both International versions would come out in February.

Like a lot of people on the boards here, we are disappointed that we will not be shipping the PC version simultaneously. We are probably more disappointed actually, because of all the hard work we put into making it possible for that to happen.

--------------------
Feargus Urquhart
CEO
Obsidian Entertainment, Inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:roleyess:

Aleggy
10-21-2004, 02:34 PM
I am really looking forward to the release of kotor tsl for 2 reasons

1) to play it

2)endless threads discussing the release date

this isnt a dig at fiend just a point of view :D

FiEND_138
10-21-2004, 02:42 PM
Werd. ;)

-=This sentence exists so this whole post isn't considered a 1 word spam post=-

RedHawke
10-21-2004, 11:24 PM
wow you reported me 'sob' im so scared lmfao u really gotta get a life dude

Hmm...
----------------------
Immature Display on Board (Check!)
Multiple Warnings by Moderators (Check!)
Banned under your name Raveth (Check!)
----------------------
Maybe, if or when, you are ever allowed back you will learn some manners and be a little more courteous toward other people.

Prime
10-22-2004, 06:16 AM
Okay lads, Raveth has been dealt with, so lets drop that subject. No need to drag it out. Back on topic, please. :)

Aleggy
10-22-2004, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Okay lads, Raveth has been dealt with, so lets drop that subject. No need to drag it out. Back on topic, please. :)

Agreed :D

umm what was the original topic of conversation again :confused: :D lol

90SK
10-22-2004, 12:05 PM
Raveth
Banned

:sweat:

Now, back on topic: KotOR 2 SL release...I think. I personally find it odd that Xbox version comes out early in America. I bet they just want to sell Xbox live users expensive updates and they figure American users will pay up. (Not to dis americans, as I am one;) )