PDA

View Full Version : Modding Tut's or Programs?

Alduron
10-15-2004, 07:59 AM
Hey. I'm a pretty fluent modder, but I don't exactly know this engine. Are there any Tut's on coding or programs to aid the process? If anyone could give me a link to eith or both that would be great. Thank you

-Ald

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Alduron
Hey. I'm a pretty fluent modder, but I don't exactly know this engine. Are there any Tut's on coding or programs to aid the process? If anyone could give me a link to eith or both that would be great. Thank you

-Ald

Modding guides will be coming once we get our site set up.

Alduron
10-15-2004, 08:03 AM
All right, thanks. I'll ghost the forums and see if I can't learn some of this coding by myself.

subs0nic
10-15-2004, 08:05 AM
First up you'll need a hex editor (the only useful tool at the moment), then I recommend you take a look at some of the mod release threads where we talk about specific modifications we've made, there are some examples which should get you started. :)

Alduron
10-15-2004, 12:41 PM
Is there a list of values anywhere?

Haven't used Hex since the begining of Halo PC.

Riley75
10-16-2004, 11:38 PM
I put up a little bit of info in my "Info on LVL files" thread. I actually wouldn't mind having it all in one place though... so kingguru / subs0nic, any chance I can join up on your gametoast site and post some articles? :)

kingguru
10-17-2004, 06:18 AM
Everyone is welcome to post faq and guide on the site, if you want to add a downloadable version pack it up and ill make it zipped and in the downloads area with whatver your info is, otherwise post in the forums like I have done on the file size limits and such....

Good to have more modders sharing their finds so more people will mod and make this community rock!