PDA

View Full Version : Your Thoughts on KOTOR 2

Opium Pancake
10-21-2004, 07:31 AM
What do you guys want to see in the upcoming KOTOR 2???

As for me I want to be able to have Lithorians on your team...AND THEY MUST BE JEDI'S!!! HAHAHA what a sight that would be. I have seen the new videos and screen shots and it seems that the graphics seem almost unchanged but im sure the fighting will be smoother...Oh and a rumor i heard...with full two weapon mastery, lightsaber mastery and equiping a double sided lightsaber you can do some CRAZY darth maul moves like STAB PEOPLE BEHIND YOU WITHOUT LOOKING AT EM!!!! (instantly froth's at the mouth) I also heard you can do that double kick move that maul uses. Oh and i heard that you can maybe pick up objects and throw em at your enemies.

Who cares about all of that....all i need are Lithorians that can use force storm....

Cyborgninja
10-21-2004, 08:44 AM
I cannot wait until it comes out I have been waiting for so long...
I wish u could be a different race though JAWA JEDIS ALL THE WAY

stingerhs
10-21-2004, 09:44 AM
i'm actually pretty satisfied with what i've seen already. much of the minor issues i had with kotor have been addressed, and they've added so much more. so, other than the release date, i'm a pretty happy camper. :D

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
i'm actually pretty satisfied with what i've seen already. much of the minor issues i had with kotor have been addressed, and they've added so much more. so, other than the release date, i'm a pretty happy camper. :D

Me too, especially Zabraks, What is lithorian?

-Adam G.

lukeiamyourdad
10-21-2004, 10:23 AM
He meant an Ithorian.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/species/ithorian/?id=eu

And I'll be satisfied if the story is good and there's no problems with Radeons...

*Yoinked*
10-21-2004, 10:24 AM
Thanks, though I am not sure whether I want a Jedi Ithorian...

-Adam G.

Achilles
10-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
And I'll be satisfied if the story is good and there's no problems with Radeons... IIRC, there was something posted in the Bioware tech forum (the ATI sticky) stating that the new Catalyst driver (scheduled for November) will address the last of the ATI Radeon issues. That's the only thing that kept me from ditching my 9800 Pro and going for one of the new 6800 series nVidia cards. Let's hope this pans out :D

Darth333
10-21-2004, 02:58 PM
Luckily, I never suffred from Catalyst drivers problems although I have an ATI 9800 pro too :)

What I hope with Kotor 2 is that the story is as good as it was in Kotor 1. I would like more dialogues with the npcs and more emphasis on side quests. I really hope they did not sacrifice the story and the side quests just to add more goodies to the game. For me, new moves and items are cool but they are secondary, especially since this is a RPG.

lukeiamyourdad
10-21-2004, 03:09 PM
You're just lucky. Not every Radeon users had problems but many did.

Then again :fist:

Aleggy
10-21-2004, 03:26 PM
yeah i would like more sidequests but what i would also like to see is the sidequest effecting the main story

i.e. if you do a sidequest for a hutt and later on the hutt or another hutt is able to do you a favour in return that helps your progress

or something like that if you understand what i mean :D :D

FiEND_138
10-21-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
What I hope with Kotor 2 is that the story is as good as it was in Kotor 1. I would like more dialogues with the npcs and more emphasis on side quests. I really hope they did not sacrifice the story and the side quests just to add more goodies to the game. For me, new moves and items are cool but they are secondary, especially since this is a RPG. [/B]
That sums up my thoughts nicely as well. I just want a worthy successor to K1, & from what I've heard & seen I should get my wish.

lukeiamyourdad
10-21-2004, 05:59 PM
It would have been nice to be able to play as an Alien this time. A humanoid alien that is. I mean, there's no romantic involvement this time, why not?

stingerhs
10-21-2004, 06:45 PM
I mean, there's no romantic involvement this time, why not?
dang it!!! oh well, there goes one wish...
now, did you guys actually think that would lower my expectations??? come on, you've gotta have better opinions of me than that.
:D

Achilles
10-21-2004, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Aleggy
yeah i would like more sidequests but what i would also like to see is the sidequest effecting the main story

i.e. if you do a sidequest for a hutt and later on the hutt or another hutt is able to do you a favour in return that helps your progress

or something like that if you understand what i mean :D :D I think I know what you mean. It seems that OE has put a lot of emphasis on tying decisions to the storyline. I think BW kinda did that with KotOR, but the degree of complexity seems as though it's been kicked up a notch by OE.

lukeiamyourdad
10-21-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
dang it!!! oh well, there goes one wish...

Oops. I guess I'll spoiler tag it.

RedHawke
10-22-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
That sums up my thoughts nicely as well. I just want a worthy successor to K1, & from what I've heard & seen I should get my wish.

Once again I agree with FiEND, who is agreeing with Darth333! :D

With OE's employees backgrounds I don't see much of a problem in KOTOR: TSL being a worthy successor to KOTOR. ;)

90SK
10-22-2004, 04:46 PM
I'm just looking forward to being Revan's ex-right hand man! It would just be kind of nifty to play as your original PC's minion.

Aleggy
10-23-2004, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
I'm just looking forward to being Revan's ex-right hand man! It would just be kind of nifty to play as your original PC's minion.

so you get to play your own right hand man lol should be fun i wonder if you'll get asked by other characters what it was like to work under revan lol maybe thats how they'l subtly question you at the beginning to see how you finished kotor lol you never know what these programmers are thinking :D but i think thats a good thing lol :D

FiEND_138
10-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Well, thats some pretty good thinking there CaptainSkye & Aleggy. Thats an angle I haven't even thought of. It would be a nice subtle way to go about the questioning without being blatantly obvious. Of course that would have been before/during his/her fall to the DS, so I'm not really sure how it could work with mind wiped Revan........story wise & everything. It could cover the male/female thing, but not much else. A good idea non the less.

& shouldn't this be over at the Tourist Bureau?

RedHawke
10-23-2004, 10:57 PM
& shouldn't this be over at the Tourist Bureau?

Yeah, it should... funny no one noticed this before now. :D

PoM
10-24-2004, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Once again i agree with FIEND , who is agreeing with Darth333! :D

With OE's employees backgrounds I don't see much of a problem in KOTOR: TSL being a worthy successor to KOTOR. ;)

Guess how many times you've said that :p

Edit: Aww..Im allways late on qouting

90SK
10-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Yeah, it should... funny no one noticed this before now. :D

Awww, I hope it doesnt get moved:( That would be like taking a cat from its nest after it gets all settled in!

do not comment on my allusion to cats and nests

DarthBuzzard
10-24-2004, 07:06 PM

do not comment on my allusion to cats and nests

Is it just me or...do I not recall cats having nests...:confused:

Anways...I'm looking forward to playing my old minion :D

Shok_Tinoktin
10-24-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
Is it just me or...do I not recall cats having nests...:confused:

Isnt that the point? They dont really belong there, but once they've settled in, you shouldn't move them.

RedHawke
10-24-2004, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by TheKnife
Guess how many times you've said that :p
79.959 times. FiEND and I just seem to be on the same wavelength at times! :D
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Isnt that the point? They dont really belong there, but once they've settled in, you shouldn't move them.
If you try to move the Cat out of the Nest you could get yourself all scratched up. :D

What were we talking about again?

FiEND_138
10-25-2004, 12:47 AM
^^
Well I was going to say, 'because I'm that damn cool.'
Down ego, thats a bad ego...:hit4:

But RedHawke's answer works too.

Aleggy
10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
i am enjoying the idea that i get to play my own characters right hand man after my original character has died unfortunately this isnt doing my addiction to kotor any good

i actually managed to restrain myself and not play kotor for a few months i used these forums as a way of coping and to satisfy my lightsaber lust i played jedi knight jedi academy but it just didn't hit the spot and i'm back to playing kotor again i've just finished a game on my pc without mods and have added a mod allowing me to be a jedi from the start and to skip the endire spire bit

what can i say i'm hooked

90SK
10-25-2004, 05:01 PM
Don't feel bad, I have the same problem:(

Lets pray KotOR 2 comes quickly...

Aleggy
10-26-2004, 02:37 AM
Don't feel bad, I have the same problem:(

Lets pray KotOR 2 comes quickly...

well to be honest when ever i play kotor the last thing i feel is bad, if anything i'm on a high :D

but i have a job so i do exist in the real world to but in the real world lightsabers are just bits of plastic with flashy lights and alectric sounds :mad: i want a real one

there is no emotion only peace

ok i feel better now

RedHawke
10-26-2004, 03:20 AM
but i have a job so i do exist in the real world to but in the real world lightsabers are just bits of plastic with flashy lights and alectric sounds :mad: i want a real one
Well if you get yourself one of those fragile Neon bladed lightsabers, you can almost fool yourself into thinking you have a real one for just a second when you turn them on in a dark room. :D

bneezy
10-26-2004, 05:50 AM
Oh, the flowing robes. That is seriously enough for me. As long as they keep the story up to the same standards set by the first one, I'm going to be just fine. Now that one of your party NPCs has a wrist-mounted rocket and dart launcher, making one for a Boba Fett (or maybe a Kamino poison dart launcher for Jango) MOD.

Opium Pancake
10-27-2004, 07:34 AM
my pal in philidelphia got to play the demo of KOTOR 2 over the weekend. He entered a contest that required a two page typed essay about how much you love games. He got second place out of about 200 entries. The top 3 got to go to a PUBLIC E3 in Newyork only for people who won these contests around the east coast. Apparently they kept it under very good wraps because close to nobody knew about it. E3 rented out a office buliding floor in newyork and set up games there. Mike got to play a very good demo of Halo 2...he said it makes you want to never leave the controler out of your grasp. He got to play some other new demos like Ratchet and Clank Up your arsenal, and KOTOR 2. He said there was about 20 or so games there and he said these were the best choices. LOL he said there was like 3 WW2 games...(that genre is so overplayed).

He mostly played Halo 2...but he said the demo of KOTOR 2 was exquisite. He said the fighting was seemless and you can attack multiple people around you with some attacks instead of just one person. The cool thing is that he got to play a completly different demo than the people did at the private E3. He started on Tatooine as a dark jedi master (consular). He said that the new force crush is awesome along with a new addition to consulars. Consulars get MASTER lightsaber throw. He says it goes to multiple people but it hits more times and harder than advanced.

Oh and he said that he entered to get a copy of Halo 2 10 buissness days before anyone else....he got 26th place out of 30 in a halo 2 match...He sucks lol. He also tried to KOTOR 2...he had to kill 50 tusken raiders in 10 mins....He said nobody did....everyone...EVERYONE died. LoL it was a joke he says..."You fight like 3 at a time for the first 2 mins while in the dunes like in KOTOR 1 but then OUT OF (explicit) NOWHERE you get attacked by 5 Holy and Elite. LOL even as a jedi master he got schooled. He said that one guy got to the final 8 Raiders but the FInal 8...All come at the same time LOLOLOL. Ouchies.

He also said the Consular now looks like they suck with lightsabers...Their attacks are rough and are panicked. Force lightning looks better...in the demo he played one of the tuskens have forcelightning...dont ask me why.

Anyways he had a blast....he says if you wish to participate in the public E3 you have to keep a good watch on the papers.

Darth333
10-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Hey watch out with the spoilers!!!

90SK
10-27-2004, 12:32 PM
Was the Tatooine modual you mentioned new, or from KotOR 1? If its new, I can add it to my planet list.

Cyborgninja
10-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Oops. I guess I'll spoiler tag it.

I didn't think romance quest were that big of deals

Master Jaxu
10-27-2004, 07:41 PM
this games gonna rule end of story. Revens got a good point it would be sweet if you could play as a jawa jedi:jawa

Samuel Dravis
10-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by Master Reven
I didn't think romance quest were that big of deals That's what the entire game was about - the main draw. You can't have a computer RPG without a romance quest. :p

*thinks about Aribeth* :D

RedHawke
10-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Hey watch out with the spoilers!!!

Agreed! Thanks for the heads-up, but please use spoiler tags in the future with things like this Opium Pancake.

PoM
10-28-2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by bneezy
Oh, the flowing robes. That is seriously enough for me. As long as they keep the story up to the same standards set by the first one, I'm going to be just fine. Now that one of your party NPCs has a wrist-mounted rocket and dart launcher, making one for a Boba Fett (or maybe a Kamino poison dart launcher for Jango) MOD.

Lets make a real poison dart launcher to use on really anoying people! ::rolleyes:

Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 11:12 AM
Lets make a real poison dart launcher to use on really anoying people! ::rolleyes:

That would rule. Like if u want to collect a bounty use the darts and don't get darkside points for bringing um back alive lol

DarthBrownBread
10-29-2004, 01:39 PM
I want the combat to flow a lot better in kotor2, because in kotor1, you would hit someone with your saber or whatever, then stop for a while, then hit again, so i hope theyve improved on that :)

lukeiamyourdad
10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
That's impossible. It's still turn based.

DarthBrownBread
10-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Yeah i know that but there's still a big pause. Maybe its just that my computer sucks...

Master Jaxu
10-29-2004, 06:18 PM
no its not your computer mine does it too it does on my xbobx to as a matter of fact.I hope they change that for KotOR 2 that would make it better that and being jawa and ithorian jedi's.

lukeiamyourdad
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
It's turn based people, turn based. Off course there's a wait time it's either for your turn to finish or your enemy's one.

RedHawke
10-29-2004, 09:27 PM
^^^^
Hopefully the FPS people will learn the difference between FPS and RPG's someday.

As lukeiamyourdad stated SW KOTOR and SW KOTOR:TSL are turn based RPG's not FPS that is why there is a pause in the combat, it will not change, nor should it ever change, in RPG's combat occurs in turns and through a particular order of initative.

PoM
10-29-2004, 11:46 PM
Whoa...Is that true or just a way to make me confused?

I do know what you mean, but it can be said easier :p

Aleggy
10-30-2004, 03:50 AM
Whoa...Is that true or just a way to make me confused?

I do know what you mean, but it can be said easier :p

ok i will try to explain what they are saying

have you ever played trumps

well in trumps on your go you choose a card that you hope will win the round and then wait and watch the others choose there card to battle yours as they each try to win the round and all you can do is sit and wait until its your next turn

rpg battling is a similar principle your player uses there attack and then your oponent does there's, thats why there's a gap and you have to wait.

if your still having difficulty understanding the turn based attacks then play pokemon on a gameboy and it will be even more frustrating but you will understand what we mean:D

FiEND_138
10-30-2004, 04:05 AM
I'm just glad it's not as apparent as it is in Final Fantasy.....you should be too.

Aleggy
10-30-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm just glad it's not as apparent as it is in Final Fantasy.....you should be too.

i once played a demo of a final fantasy (cant remember wich one) and i agree with fiend, in comparrison kotor was very smooth

Aleggy
10-30-2004, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Master Jaxu
no its not your computer mine does it too it does on my xbobx to as a matter of fact.I hope they change that for KotOR 2 that would make it better that and being jawa and ithorian jedi's.

off topic - if they did make jawa jedi's umm how exactly would that change there dress code :confused:

PoM
10-30-2004, 06:57 AM
ok i will try to explain what they are saying

have you ever played trumps

well in trumps on your go you choose a card that you hope will win the round and then wait and watch the others choose there card to battle yours as they each try to win the round and all you can do is sit and wait until its your next turn

rpg battling is a similar principle your player uses there attack and then your oponent does there's, thats why there's a gap and you have to wait.

if your still having difficulty understanding the turn based attacks then play pokemon on a gameboy and it will be even more frustrating but you will understand what we mean:D

I said i did understand. Read the small line.

lukeiamyourdad
10-30-2004, 07:01 AM
Final Fantasy's isn't a mix of real-time and turn base while KotOR is. If you want frustration, try Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced. A battle can last an hour.

Aleggy
10-30-2004, 07:22 AM
I said i did understand. Read the small line.

i apologise for the confusion

PoM
11-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Apology accepted.

UrchSr
11-03-2004, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by jackofblades
That would rule. Like if u want to collect a bounty use the darts and don't get darkside points for bringing um back alive lol

Erm, I think he means in real life... Cool on both points, though