PDA

View Full Version : What Lightsaber do you use?

Opium Pancake
10-22-2004, 06:32 AM
I like doing these active poll things.....anyway

I want to know what kind of lightsaber you would use....and what color...and if you look at my sig, you should understand what kind im leaning toward....Hey just think of it this way.

A quadruple lightsaber would be shaped like a "+" correct? So you put your index and middle finger on one side of the top and your other two on the other...and your thumb on one of the bottom sides. Now your thinking.....WTF!!! Yeah thats what everyone says...but here is the deal....you can spin the lightsaber rapidly in either direction and turn it into a sort of buzzsaw or an UBER blaster deflector...IMAGINE LIGHTSABER THROW!!!!!

You know what Im making a new class of Jedi....

Introducing.....the Jedi Fortress. Only jedi that can use the quad lightsaber and masters in blocking and lightsaber throwing...In terms of attack power and magic usage he would be more of a guardian than anything else.....just....without the mass killing. He would also have to be versed in the defensive forcepowers. He would defintly have close to no ability to attack people up close except for being able to spin the saber over his head and spin it down into the enemy (only conciveable way of not cutting yourself in half).

Think of it...put this guy in the front line and have him use his blaster blocking technique.....AND give him MASTER lightsaber throw where it strikes an enemy up to 5 times and can cut through up to 3 people. Bliss.......

Oh and of course the lightsaber would have to be a new color to signify the new class sooo lets say....White.

Darth333
10-22-2004, 06:36 AM
The very same thread/poll already exists on the very first page of this forum:
http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137684

Please, take the time to read the topics on the first page and use the existing thread when one of them discusses the same topic ;)

PoM
10-22-2004, 10:22 AM
Quadrouple saber...omg! Actually, i have been thinking of that for a week, that would be ownage!

RedHawke
10-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Any Lightsaber as long at is is RED. :D

-When I'm feeling Fine-

:emperor: :saberr:

-Or when I'm feeling Dandy-

:saberr: :emperor: :saberr:

-Or when I'm feeling fine and dandy at the same time-

:dsaber: :mauls:

Though in the end One or Two of My Darth Revan Sabers usually do the trick! :D

FiEND_138
10-22-2004, 11:36 PM
Again?................... :rolleyes:

Single.

*Edit* & before the next rehashed poll pops up..... Green.

*Yoinked*
10-23-2004, 02:30 AM
Two doublw sided...

-Adam G

kipperthefrog
10-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Single!

Green!

easier to use! even when your not very good, you can hit as hard and fast as you can!

with multibladed, you have to watch out or youll slice YOUSELF of anything else unintended!:rolleyes:

DarthBuzzard
10-24-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Any Lightsaber as long at is is RED. :D

-When I'm feeling Fine-

:emperor: :saberr:

-Or when I'm feeling Dandy-

:saberr: :emperor: :saberr:

-Or when I'm feeling fine and dandy at the same time-

:dsaber: :mauls:

Though in the end One or Two of My Darth Revan Sabers usually do the trick! :D

Cough Cough...lol Redhawke just says the same thing every time. And once again...

Redhawke...Master of Copy and Paste.

Now um...before this poll is closed, Ill say single red or single green. :D

RedHawke
10-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
Cough Cough...lol Redhawke just says the same thing every time. And once again...

Redhawke...Master of Copy and Paste.

:roleyess: Cough... Cough... well... it is the same question as before so the answer will also be same as before... once again I'm just being consistant. ;)

:D

stingerhs
10-24-2004, 09:09 PM
:roleyess: Cough... Cough... well... it is the same question as before so the answer will also be same as before... once again I'm just being consistant. ;)

true, true.

oh yeah, umm, i use two lightsabers. one orange, one red. :D

DarthBuzzard
10-24-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs

one orange.

and where do you get this orange saber...

SPILL THE BEANS :D

RedHawke
10-24-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by DarthBuzzard
and where do you get this orange saber...

SPILL THE BEANS :D
*Cough* Heart of the Guardian? *Cough*

stingerhs
10-24-2004, 09:23 PM

^^^^indeed. although i prefer the new fire sabers released... ;)

edit: the COLOR of the fire sabers. :D

the flame effect is really cool, though. :)

RedHawke
10-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
^^^^indeed. although i prefer the new fire sabers released... ;)

edit: the COLOR of the fire sabers. :D

the flame effect is really cool, though. :)
Yes, they are pretty cool, but I'm a purist when it comes to lightsabers, so I prefer the standard ones, especially the RED ones. :D

DarthBuzzard
10-24-2004, 09:54 PM
Errr...DOH. Forgot HotG. Anyways, its either green or red for me :D

TheOutrider
10-25-2004, 06:46 AM
Single blue, makes me feel more jedish

Master dueling
Master power attack
Master critical strike
Master flurry

RebelScum!
10-25-2004, 07:59 AM
Double red lightsabers

Sivy
10-25-2004, 08:05 AM
single

Aleggy
10-25-2004, 02:51 PM

you know you really should get that cough looked at RedHawke you've been coughing all over this thread :D since you did once show me compassion and give me a tissue i'll show you the same compassion and give you some tunes

oh i go for dual sabers blue and green

kipperthefrog
10-25-2004, 02:55 PM
I still would prefer single green,

but I think one blue and one purple would look good too!

bneezy
10-26-2004, 05:50 AM
Single Blue, baby!

Sam Fisher
10-27-2004, 02:32 PM
Dual red and blue.

Pwnage.

DarthBrownBread
10-28-2004, 12:55 PM
One red saber, all the way! :saberr:

Cyborgninja
10-28-2004, 02:22 PM
single blue saber

lukeiamyourdad
10-28-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm going to be different and say single double bladed pwns all!!!

DarthBrownBread
10-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Oh and Mantle Of The Force, that's cool too, but red for DS and blue for LS

Maxstate
10-29-2004, 02:01 PM
Not only is the single lightsaber the best,
it's the fastest, strongest, most agile saber.

Don't get me wrong the rest is good too but no one beats the single sabered masters.

Just taking something apart from my own opinion take a look at episode 1,
or Kotor where the most difficult enemies to defeat are dark jedi masters with a single lightsaber.

As for my own opinion i think it's the best because you concentrate the strength and agility of both (or one) hands on a single blade. pushing all others aside and striking fearsomely.

Ofcourse this is from a perspective of an agile, fast and hard striking dueler ;)

Favorite Color:Blue
Crystals:Sygil+Upari

-Edited-
I forgot, the double lightsaber rox too!

Master Jaxu
10-29-2004, 05:44 PM
single green bladed thats the way to go

PoM
10-29-2004, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by Maxstate
Not only is the single lightsaber the best,
it's the fastest, strongest, most agile saber.

Don't get me wrong the rest is good too but no one beats the single sabered masters.

Just taking something apart from my own opinion take a look at episode 1,
or Kotor where the most difficult enemies to defeat are dark jedi masters with a single lightsaber.

As for my own opinion i think it's the best because you concentrate the strength and agility of both (or one) hands on a single blade. pushing all others aside and striking fearsomely.

Ofcourse this is from a perspective of an agile, fast and hard striking dueler ;)

Favorite Color:Blue
Crystals:Sygil+Upari

-Edited-
I forgot, the double lightsaber rox too!

And that is because those weak jedi fools cant handle the truth...I mean a double or 2 normal sabers.

StoneDragon
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
One blue and one red ligtsbr.

Darkside_tanro
11-15-2004, 07:39 AM
OMG that is the stupidest idea i ever heard..... quad lightsaber *shakes head*

Aleggy
11-15-2004, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by Darkside_tanro
OMG that is the stupidest idea i ever heard..... quad lightsaber *shakes head*

now now think about it you are in a room and you can see storm trooper oops sorry the sith coming towards you from all angles well in this situation you can wipp out your quad sabre and throw it like a boomerang problem solved :D

Cyborgninja
11-15-2004, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Aleggy
now now think about it you are in a room and you can see storm trooper oops sorry the sith coming towards you from all angles well in this situation you can wipp out your quad sabre and throw it like a boomerang problem solved :D

He makes a good point but how would u hold it wouldn't it fell akward

lukeiamyourdad
11-15-2004, 05:47 PM
Well, in reality, you'll never be able to duel anyone. Wielding it would be a nightmare.

But this is Star wars :D

RedHawke
11-15-2004, 08:20 PM
^^^^
Agreed! :D

Not to mention all the expenses you would incur having to constantly be buying new robes everytime you acivated and defended yourself with the darned thing. :p

UrchSr
11-16-2004, 04:21 AM
Two Lightsabers yellow or one double yellow... Quad?! WTF?!

Prime
11-16-2004, 04:57 AM
Single blue saber pwns jo al.

Darkside_tanro
11-16-2004, 08:44 AM

Dude your a jedi, you dont need a 4x bladed saber.... Learn to splel pelase

Darth333
11-16-2004, 03:26 PM
I like to keep it simple: single RED saber :saberr: I combine this with force lightning :lightning and no jedi can stop me :devburn:

RedHawke
11-16-2004, 08:09 PM
^^^^
I'm with Darth333, I also like a single RED Saber :saberr:

While keeping up the Force Powers of Lightsaber Combat and Rage... and for a ranged offensive punch use Force Lightning, Telekinetic Kill, Telekinisis and or lastly Feed on the Dark Side if I'm recruiting a Dark Apprentice. :D

And for a Defense always have Telekinisis, Drain Life Energy, or Abosorb/Dissapate Energy ready. :D

So be it... Jedi. :lightning

ChAiNz.2da
11-16-2004, 11:41 PM
Dual RED sabers here.

:: insert shameless plug ::

Revan's Longsaber & Revan's Lightsaber mod made by yours truly ;)

Powers?
Offense: Force Lightning, Force Wave, Force Choke (Kill)
Defense: Heal, Speed (run...ChAiNz...run!!) ;)

Samuel Dravis
11-17-2004, 04:47 AM
Two: a blue and a purple saber for me. :cool:

Aleggy
11-17-2004, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Darkside_tanro
Dude your a jedi, you dont need a 4x bladed saber.... Learn to splel pelase

ok Darkside_tanro you have me confused, you make a fair point about a quad saber, i personally would never use one as i would find it very impractical, but i do not find the idea totaly ubsurd as mentioned by someone in this thread and i was just defending a persons right to have an idea to try something different

and then you flame my spelling i am guessing that your own misspelling was a form af sarcasm, but would you kindly enlighten me as to what i spelled incorrectly

FiEND_138
11-17-2004, 12:44 PM
wipp
Thats the only 1 I see. Don't really understand the point in pointing it out though, I understood what you meant.

Yes I see the irony in me pointing it out....;)

RedHawke
11-17-2004, 08:20 PM
^^^^
I don't see the point in calling someone for a mospelling mistake either, we all make em'... Oh well. ;)
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Yes I see the irony in me pointing it out....;)
Irony is pretty... well... Ironic sometimes! :D

boinga1
12-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Two blue. Or One green double-saber. Or one blue. Or (for DS) two red. My overall preference is probably the green double-blade.

lukeiamyourdad
12-07-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by boinga1
My overall preference is probably the green double-blade.

We have so much to discuss :D

Darth-Destroyer
12-12-2004, 10:48 AM
ey red sucks the only color that sith or dark jedi have is red .... boring give me a singel bleu or doubled lightsaber bleu with opila en krayt dragon crystal :saberb: :wstupid:

norwaymaster
12-12-2004, 11:05 AM
GAH, quadruple sounds kinda [/spoiler kinky] , doubble bladed rules no matter what though:o

Samurai DD
12-17-2004, 08:22 AM
SINGLE SILVER! WOOHOO!

I was forgetting: Quad Lightsaber OMG thats so idiot!

Maxstate
12-18-2004, 06:00 AM
Oh come on.

First of all even if you had a quadruple saber you could only
strike with one side at a time so whats the point?
If someone blocks it the other 3 are completely useless.

But 1 blue saber using a combination of 3 styles r0x0r my b0x0rs:bdroid2:

Joetheeskimo
12-18-2004, 07:27 AM
One green saber. I eventually changed it to one red Sith Lightsaber (which I acquired on Korriban) and used it for my darkside character.

Evil Dark Jedi
12-19-2004, 12:02 AM
Depends what type of mood I am in-

When I am feeling truly light: Lightsaber or lightsaber

If I am feeling nuetral: Lightsaber

If I am feeling truly dark: Lightsaber

Nichpo
12-19-2004, 05:11 AM
Dual sabers, both the same c o l o r :)

Mainly I like dual sabers because it looks great when you flurry holding two ;) ;) ;)

Tdcquicksilver5
12-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Two sabers one silver one red

The silver saber in TSL looks kinda bluish.....Mine would be a more metalic silver,but it would pulse with the bluish color from TSL so it doesnt look like a pike.

Nrak Ujhade
12-19-2004, 09:54 PM
lol quad saber, that is something similar to that robot from the attack of the clones cartoon (cept he used 3-4 sabers with 3-4 arms each saber)
but I walk the path of the darkside and I can not deny the love of pure power from a double bladed orange lightsaber.

if I am feeling lightside then 2 silver sabers seem pretty badass

DarthTDe
01-09-2005, 02:15 PM
you can really easily slice & dice with two double-bladers.

Sabretooth
01-10-2005, 02:04 AM
The ultimate pwnage. X-Saber. *points to fanfic*

Well, two attachable yellows or oranges will work, since those help in illuminating dark areas a lot and can be attached to make a double-sided lightsaber!

Innovative and effecient.

*craves for Ventress' lightsabers*

Kavar
01-10-2005, 08:01 PM
two. bronze/orange, viridian/silver, viridian/green red/orange :D

Derc
01-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Single Hilt. I'm a traditionalist. And it's classic.:saberg:

Augustus_Leto
01-17-2005, 05:13 AM
I like to use two, and both are blue, except that I usually have a spare green one with droid killing crystals in it which is my droid slayer. I switch that one off with my blue in my left hand.

Darth-Destroyer
01-17-2005, 06:31 AM
I WAS THINKING a gold lightsaber is realy cool but it doesnt exists that sucks but a blue is cool to or orange or black ow yeah black ruleZZ but that doesnt exists either DAM DAM DAM sniff sniff

ChAiNz.2da
01-17-2005, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by Darth-Destroyer
black ow yeah black ruleZZ but that doesnt exists either DAM DAM DAM sniff sniff

svösh has some pretty sweet looking black-"ish" sabers on his site, check'm out...(towards the bottom)

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm

Ranger5402
01-19-2005, 03:30 PM
Dual always blue + another colorl

Darth Nihil
05-01-2005, 11:24 AM
double bladed saber (darth maul style) with blue color, the natural born jedi guardian.

i am always up for a good fight,so long i dont start it.

Darth-Destroyer
05-02-2005, 10:52 AM
al the same colors try orange look that is cool en an kinda new color for a dark jedi (sith) blue i liked it but now ...............BORING!!!!!!!!!!! or purpule UGLY!!!!!!!green i can life with that yellow not exacly my color but i can life with it viridian kinda green but can life with it look silver SUCKS!!!!!!!!! if i could choose silver or black ....... BLACK

lukeiamyourdad
05-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I don't get people who want a black lightsaber. That's such an oxymoron.

Black is the absence of light, how can you have a lightsaber then?

Emperor Devon
05-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
I like to keep it simple: single RED saber :saberr: I combine this with force lightning :lightning and no jedi can stop me :devburn:

Except one with a double saber. :p

I'm with Darth333, I also like a single RED Saber

Why? :D

I, personally, favor the DOUBLE-BLADED RED SABER! :devburn:

It's not outragous like a double-bladed orange saber or a silver and yellow saber... More complex than a single saber, with an exotic touch... Yet still simple.
A classic red color, PERFECT for the Dark Lord of the Sith.

That sounded vaguely like a car advertisment... :nut:

Combine with force crush, death field, and lightning = INVINCABLE! :devburn:

Samurai DD
05-03-2005, 11:23 AM
Last time I played with Darkside, used Red Saber plus the special orannge saber on the off hand, I dont remember its name, its the one you can get in the temple in the Mandalorian moon. Light side, I got a knack for Double Silver or blue+silver on off hand.

RC-1162
05-06-2005, 08:27 AM
Quad blade. thts absolutely COOOL. hey opium pancake, i was just abt to write a short story featuring a jedi mastering the use of a Quad-Blade(as i call it) but the class name was different as was the color

Class name : Jedi Fencer

Color : Purple

and yes Windu is a fencer(he just forgot how to make a quad blade:D )

RevanA4
05-06-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
I don't get people who want a black lightsaber. That's such an oxymoron.

Black is the absence of light, how can you have a lightsaber then?

um black is the absence of color but anyway dual sabers and usually one of the saber from a saber pack

Darth-Destroyer
05-07-2005, 04:58 AM
ok black is kinda DARKSIDE!!!!!!!! but who cares ...................... I DONT !!!!!!!!!! ....................but if i could choose a black saber en become darkside or orange en stay lightside i would choose orange

lukeiamyourdad
05-07-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by jedigoku
um black is the absence of color but anyway dual sabers and usually one of the saber from a saber pack

It is also the absence of light.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/gen99/gen99457.htm
White light contains light of all frequencies. In that sense, white is a combination of all colors. Black objects absorb light of all frequencies.
This means that very little light is reflected from them. Black is the
absence of light.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99125.htm

You're not wrong, but since we are dealing with Lightsabers, I think saying that black is the absence of light is more pertinent.

Bastila
05-07-2005, 01:10 PM
I play LS a lot and it's most of the time a double bladed saber yellow.

DS double bladed saber red.

because we are on the topic of lightsaber's anyone notice in the film's you don't see anyone with a yellow lightsaber?

RaV™
05-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Bastila
because we are on the topic of lightsaber's anyone notice in the film's you don't see anyone with a yellow lightsaber?

Cause, it's canon or however you want to say it.

stoffe
05-07-2005, 05:38 PM

You're not wrong, but since we are dealing with Lightsabers, I think saying that black is the absence of light is more pertinent.

I agree it makes no sense with a lightsaber with a black blade. However a Darksaber wouldn't be implausible for a sci-fi setting, where the blade absorbs photons rather than emit them. Kind of like a portable black hole. :)

Sabers with a black core but a non-black glow on the other hand (or where the core is one color and the glow another)... :rolleyes:

On topic: I tend to use a white-bladed (traditional one-bladed) saber in any games that has lightsabers in them. Fits a lightsider character well, IMHO.

Bastila
05-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Bastila

Originally posted by Darth_Krow
Cause, it's canon or however you want to say it.

What do you mean canon is a big gun or a type of prist?

lukeiamyourdad
05-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by stoffe -mkb-
I agree it makes no sense with a lightsaber with a black blade. However a Darksaber wouldn't be implausible for a sci-fi setting, where the blade absorbs photons rather than emit them. Kind of like a portable black hole. :)

Hmmm...That makes sense. An overpowered concept but a good explanation.

Canon (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=canon)

Cannon (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=cannon)

Colma Adawin
05-08-2005, 05:45 AM
Its always good to have a Dual Weapons mod in your override folder, two double Bladed Sabres just ready to slice into anything!!!! ;) love it!!!

<advert> if anyones interested in the Dual Weapon mod, where you can have two double bladed sabres or two HUGE ASS Rifles! Go to this page =

KotOR I - http://www.pcgamemods.com/5469/

KotOR TSL - http://www.pcgamemods.com/10506/

MattCole

PS I DID NOT MAKE THEM, just found them thats all. no credits please.

General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 10:46 PM
I now use two sabers in-game:

A neon green blade with an inner yellow core (nomi sunrider's colors)
and
A light blue inner core, royal blue mid core, royal purple ambient hue (my own design)

RaV™
05-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I'm beginning to use anything closest to Purple which is Violet, since Purple is the colour of royalty.

General Kenobi
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM

Agreed they are lightsabers not darksabers. Besides no matter how good they are they just look :confused: you know:confused: odd. :D

DM

Keiko
05-14-2005, 05:13 PM
Single

BTW: Darth333, I WILL DESTROY YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Keiko
05-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Single

Keiko
05-14-2005, 05:16 PM
Single

General Kenobi
05-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Someone had a finger twitch :rolleyes: you triple poster Smallz you :D

Samurai DD
05-14-2005, 07:53 PM
Whats up with this guy?

RC-1162
05-15-2005, 09:54 AM
id agree with melignous abt him.
c'mon guy i cant believe u don like the quad-blade

PS: hey darthsmalz, better stop doing tht. the mods might decide to ban u.;)

lukeiamyourdad
05-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Well, quad-blades are unrealistic. You can't really wield them properly in a duel.