PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated Server Problem help me

MasterQuiron
10-27-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi guys,
I Download the Dedicated Server but i think that Dont Work correct.

I cant play in my Dedicated Server , List in GameSpy perfect but when i click in JOIN GAME , the game dont Starts.

Other Players can Play in my server but I No. Why?

Help-me if you can...

Thanks.

Alegis
10-27-2004, 06:08 AM
That's because it's a dedicated server. In most games you can't join your own server then, this has better server performance.

MasterQuiron
10-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Oh no... But dont Exist other option for me?
I can play too.... hehehe.... Open a Server for other Players no is Fun. hehehe....
Aff... Well .... Thanks.

Alegis
10-27-2004, 06:18 AM
I'm not sure it really works like this since in JO/JA i could join my own dedicated servers, but I guess it is.

You can host a game from within the game, when you exit the game the server closes.

LoRdNaTaS
10-27-2004, 07:24 AM
As long as the dedicated server is on another machine than the one you are playing on you should be able to join it. I have had my dedicated server up since the release and have no problem joining it.

But it is also hosted on a seperate machine from the one that what I start the game on.

If you have to play on the same machine as your dedicated server then you can alegis's idea.

You can host a game from within the game, when you exit the game the server closes

djeezeus
10-29-2004, 01:23 PM
I also have aproblem but different

i cant launch a server at all, a supposed window should open after click start but it close suddenly

i tried as isaw on some forum to upgrade directx
so iwonder what could be wrong and if some of u have solved that ?