PDA

View Full Version : dubing in episode 3 *SPOILERS*

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:03 PM
do you think Vader will be dubbed with another actor in episode 3 once in the suit or will they alter Hayden Christensen's voice?

also do u think we'll see a lot of Vader or will he only come in at the end?

TiE23
11-06-2004, 05:11 PM
No, you know that black guy on the Verison commericals (well, in the US anyway) hes still alive and is still acting, too.

TiE

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
No, you know that black guy on the Verison commericals (well, in the US anyway) hes still alive and is still acting, too.

TiE

ive no idea who ur talking about but he will be Vader? do u think it will be Christensen inside the suit then?

IG-64
11-06-2004, 05:14 PM
Its actually a hybrid betweed James Earl Jones and Hayden Christian in the trailer, dunno if that will change or not.

It is christian in the suit yes.

TiE23
11-06-2004, 05:14 PM
James Earl Jones
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000469/

He has been in 132 movies, 52 things where he "played himself", and 40 times notably on TV

TiE

IG-64
11-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Doesn't everyone know that James Earl Jones always did the voice for Darth Vader? >.>

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
Doesn't everyone know that James Earl Jones always did the voice for Darth Vader? >.>

didnt know he was doin for this film

ah well if Christensens in the suit that means it wont be the Green Cross Code man like the OT :D :D

LukeKatarn
11-06-2004, 05:24 PM
I did that's for sure. Hard to belive a guy with a black guys voice turned out to be a white guy as said in some starwars dosumentery I've seen...

Evil Dark Jedi
11-06-2004, 05:25 PM
You will probably only see Vader at the end I think.

LukeKatarn
11-06-2004, 05:27 PM
Possibley... It will happen DEFINITLEY soon after the battle between Obi and Anie. It IS after all Obi who gives Anie all those injuries...

TiE23
11-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Damn, I left this thread for 30 seconds, and there are already 4 more posts! :D

TiE

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:34 PM

TiE

*presses refresh and blinks in astonishment*

Evil Dark Jedi
11-06-2004, 05:35 PM

Wow thats freaky isnt it.:rolleyes:

Hmmm it is Obi who gives him all the injures. But he does also fall in lava as seen in the game screens and the trailer.

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by EDJ

But he does also fall in lava .

now i understand its an important plot device that that happens but COME ON!!!! SURELY he would die...

LukeKatarn
11-06-2004, 05:46 PM
HE DID!? I NEED TO WTACH THAT TRAILER! WHERE CAN I SEE IT!?

IG-64
11-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Leper Messiah
now i understand its an important plot device that that happens but COME ON!!!! SURELY he would die...

I dunno watch the part in the trailer where the walkers are on the lava planet. There are alot of rocks in the lava, he could possibly land on a lava rock.

TiE23
11-06-2004, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by LukeKatarn
HE DID!? I NEED TO WTACH THAT TRAILER! WHERE CAN I SEE IT!? I have known about the whole "Fall-into-the-lava-and-get-burned-into-a-crisp-and-go-home-crying-and-gets-
a-new-suit-with-a-really-cool-cape" thing before Episode 2 even came out!
:D

TiE

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 05:57 PM
i didnt realise there was a clip of him going in....

the rock is the only credible explanation i can imagine IG so i assume ur right, if he goes in the lava itll be rather unbelievable

IG-64
11-06-2004, 06:00 PM
http://img110.exs.cx/img110/3683/Lava_Rocks.jpg

See? All the rocks in the lava, he'll probably land on those and get hit by one of those lava spurts. I dunno any of this for sure, just making a guess at it.

Kain
11-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Hayden gets to wear 'the suit'? ****!! **** ****ITY **** ****!! Hayden is WAY too much of a suckmuppet and a ****bag to be aloud to wear Vader's suit, dammit it all to hell!

Leper Messiah
11-06-2004, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Hayden gets to wear 'the suit'? ****!! **** ****ITY **** ****!! Hayden is WAY too much of a suckmuppet and a ****bag to be aloud to wear Vader's suit, dammit it all to hell!

hmmm. i woulda gone with "isnt he a little small?" :D

Evil Dark Jedi
11-06-2004, 07:38 PM
The part where Ani gets kicked yes I mean kicked is near the end.

Astrotoy7
11-06-2004, 07:45 PM

he he he. obviously you havent seen the bonus features disc with the OT DVDs. Hayden asked to wear the suit and was granted this wish...

looksey !
(nb. I dont think these pics are spoilerific since everyone knows hayden=anakin=vader right ???)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/HaydenSuit.jpg

heres GL saying to Hayden "This takes us back to the old days".........(when first on set in the suit)
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/Suit2.jpg

with regards to the voice it has been long known that JE Jones did some lines for Ep3...whether sound designer Ben Burtt will mix in Haydens voice, I personally dont know, but it makes alot of sense :)

mtfbwya

wassup
11-07-2004, 01:15 PM
Love the shirt the curly-haired guy (girl?) is wearing in the second picture, if only Vader was wearing it...

weiderudare
11-07-2004, 01:22 PM
Hayden does the voice, they just alter it...ALOT, to make it sound like a younger Vader..
And I think its awesome that Hayden wears the suit, really great...

Boba Rhett
11-07-2004, 01:30 PM
Noooooo. Hayden does not do Vader's voice. They brought in the main man, James Earl Jones himself. :)

weiderudare
11-07-2004, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Noooooo. Hayden does not do Vader's voice. They brought in the main man, James Earl Jones himself. :)
DOH@me then...I read an interview from the Star Wars section of these forums..said it was Hayden...

Agen
11-10-2004, 05:41 PM
It better be the big bad-ass black guy.

(yes i know the name before i get showered with posts of blasphemy)

Leper Messiah
11-10-2004, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
It better be the big bad-ass black guy.

but he's already playing Mace Windu....

Agen
11-10-2004, 05:50 PM
A bad-ass with a pink lightsaber?

:rofl:

j/k ;)

Leper Messiah
11-10-2004, 05:52 PM
a lightsabre that also apparently has B.M.F engraved on it. i feel i need not elaborate.

oh yeah and the typo i made in the threads title brings fresh humilation each time someone posts in this thread..... *shame*

Agen
11-10-2004, 06:24 PM
pparently has B.M.F engraved

FACT: Pinkie lightsaber

Leper Messiah
11-10-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by Agen_Terminator
FACT: Pinkie lightsaber

if i can arrange the meeting could i please be there to see you mock Samuel L. Jackson

El Sitherino
11-10-2004, 06:34 PM
What's so bad about a pink lightsaber?

*uses a pink lightsaber in JO and JA*

Agen
11-10-2004, 06:37 PM
if i can arrange the meeting could i please be there to see you mock Samuel L. Jackson
Sweet

What's so bad about a pink lightsaber?
I rest my case.

Shok_Tinoktin
11-10-2004, 08:00 PM
It's purple. Huge difference.

Kain
11-10-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
obviously you havent seen the bonus features disc with the OT DVDs. Hayden asked to wear the suit and was granted this wish

Those DVD's are NOT the Original Trilogy:mad:

And Lucas letting that little but-nugget Hayden is just further proof that he has lost his fragile little suckmuppet mind:mad:

Evil Dark Jedi
11-10-2004, 08:41 PM

That is really true.

Astrotoy7
11-11-2004, 12:23 AM

And Lucas letting that little but-nugget Hayden is just further proof that he has lost his fragile little suckmuppet mind:mad:

are you in character when you make such comments......you make an excellent 'comic store guy' from the simpsons

mtfbwya

Sivy
11-11-2004, 12:33 AM
James Earl Jones hasn't recorded his voice for Ep III yet.
it was Hayden's voice on the teaser.

whether GL still plans to use JEJ or if he's happy with hayden’s impersonation remains to be seen.

Alegis
11-11-2004, 12:59 AM
and 40 times notably on TV
This.....is C N N

Originally posted by kain

And Lucas letting that little but-nugget Hayden is just further proof that he has lost his fragile little suckmuppet mind
Even IF he thought he was bad he could harfly switch now. It would actually be incredibly stupid to switch now after EP II release.

oh and pls calm down lukekatarn

Leper Messiah
11-11-2004, 02:45 AM

why? because Hayden Chritensens in ROTJ? as far as im aware thats the only important change thats been made. allthough i havnt seen ANH or Empire Strikes Back on DVD ive read a list of the changes, they dont seem very significant...

Shok_Tinoktin
11-11-2004, 02:49 AM
The changes from the 1997 SE to the 2004 DVD release are not very significant. The changes from the 1977 theatrical release to the 2004 DVD release was (well, enough to say it is not the original version anyway).

Leper Messiah
11-11-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
The changes from the 1997 SE to the 2004 DVD release are not very significant. The changes from the 1977 theatrical release to the 2004 DVD release was (well, enough to say it is not the original version anyway).

i gather that is the opinion but what are the facts supporting this?

Evil Dark Jedi
11-11-2004, 09:11 PM

The facts is that there has been changes in the DVD's.

Shok_Tinoktin
11-11-2004, 09:33 PM

Okay, I'll try to name as many as I can think of:

CGI creatures on Tatooine (dewbacks, ronto, scurriors, etc.)
Some different aliens in the cantina
Greedo shoots first
Jabba the Hutt in ANH
CGI Falcon lifting off from Tatooine
Wheh Han is chasing the stormtroopers, instead of them just turning and shooting at him, he runs into a room full of them
Different writing on the tractor beam
Conversation with Luke, Biggs, and Garven (Red Leader) before the first Death Star run.
Redubbing of Boba's voice
Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in ESB
Different dialogue with Emperor/Vader in ESB
Changed music scene in Jabba's Palace
Mouth added to sarlacc
New Ewok celebration song
Hayden as Anakin ghost
Celebration of Emperor's death on several planets

Okay, I know there's a lot more but I'm too lazy to think about them all. Is that enough?

Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
Okay, I'll try to name as many as I can think of:

CGI creatures on Tatooine (dewbacks, ronto, scurriors, etc.)
Some different aliens in the cantina
Greedo shoots first
Jabba the Hutt in ANH
CGI Falcon lifting off from Tatooine
Wheh Han is chasing the stormtroopers, instead of them just turning and shooting at him, he runs into a room full of them
Different writing on the tractor beam
Conversation with Luke, Biggs, and Garven (Red Leader) before the first Death Star run.
Redubbing of Boba's voice
Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in ESB
Different dialogue with Emperor/Vader in ESB
Changed music scene in Jabba's Palace
Mouth added to sarlacc
New Ewok celebration song
Hayden as Anakin ghost
Celebration of Emperor's death on several planets

Okay, I know there's a lot more but I'm too lazy to think about them all. Is that enough?

*claps*

SW is about good vs evil. Redemption and the strength of family and friendship ties etc. All you have listed above is window dressing and doesnt enhance, or detract from the overall story....... I really think people should find some more worthwhile things to whine about :D

here's a card for all you O-OT whinin tossers :p
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/ootagootasolo.gif

mtfbwya

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 04:03 AM
*claps*

SW is about good vs evil. Redemption and the strength of family and friendship ties etc. All you have listed above is window dressing and doesnt enhance, or detract from the overall story....... I really think people should find some more worthwhile things to whine about :D

here's a card for all you O-OT whinin tossers :p
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/ootagootasolo.gif

mtfbwya

wow, that is pretty much exactly what i was going to say. everything mentioned in that list bar Chritensen as Anakin puts no different slant on the story at all...

Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 04:17 AM
wow, that is pretty much exactly what i was going to say. everything mentioned in that list bar Chritensen as Anakin puts no different slant on the story at all...

I know..... Ive seen threads with people writing 200 hundred words posts whining about how the sabers aren't glowing as much or are crooked on a closeup on the dvd.......... for f**k's sake !!!

mtfbwya

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 04:31 AM
I know..... Ive seen threads with people writing 200 hundred words posts whining about how the sabers aren't glowing as much or are crooked on a closeup on the dvd.......... for f**k's sake !!!

mtfbwya

urgh i hate that kind of thing. closeups on DVDs i mean who the hell cares? and it has zero impact on the story....

Black Knight of Keno
11-12-2004, 10:02 AM
Ok, for you whiners that everybody whines about the DVD's, shut the **** up.
Those whiners that whine about the DVD's have payed attention to the classical, old-school style of film-making, and all the new CGI, modifying and changes in the lines just ruin their joy of old-school feeling in the great movies. So stop your whining about everyone whining. Let them whine if they like...

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Darth Tepe
Ok, for you whiners that everybody whines about the DVD's, shut the **** up.
Those whiners that whine about the DVD's have payed attention to the classical, old-school style of film-making, and all the new CGI, modifying and changes in the lines just ruin their joy of old-school feeling in the great movies. So stop your whining about everyone whining. Let them whine if they like...

what a well made point: civil, polite and really makes you want to pay attention to the mans opinon :rolleyes:

Black Knight of Keno
11-12-2004, 10:20 AM
Ain't it. I'm so proud. That had to be my best post in a while :D

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 10:21 AM

congratulations on your acheivement :p

Shok_Tinoktin
11-12-2004, 12:15 PM

I wasn't whining, I was just explaining what was different. I like the DVD version, I thought it was great. :)

Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 04:15 PM

bah ! you crazy little fool ! you keep thinking that.... fancy a 12 yo whining about how things are "not like in the old days" :D

at points like this, rather than degenerate into a flame war... Prime's........"buy or buy not, there is no whine"......

and watch GL cry all the way to the bank.........fools !

*watches the OT/SE DVDS, especially the NEW bits in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n.....*

mtfbwya

Evil Dark Jedi
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
*watches the OT/SE DVDS, especially the NEW bits in s-l-o-w m-o-t-i-o-n.....*

mtfbwya

I will do that aswell.

Obi_Kwiet
11-12-2004, 08:59 PM
Hayden Christensen is the whiniest, most obnoxious actor ever. And of course Lucas gets him to play Darth Vader. :rolleyes:

Astrotoy7
11-12-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Hayden Christensen is the whiniest, most obnoxious actor ever. And of course Lucas gets him to play Darth Vader. :rolleyes:

please list some links to news reports that tell us how Hayden hass been a prick on set...I havent heard much....indeed you hear much more, and more often of other hollywood types :p

mtfbwya

Leper Messiah
11-13-2004, 07:51 AM
please list some links to news reports that tell us how Hayden hass been a prick on set...I havent heard much....indeed you hear much more, and more often of other hollywood types :p

mtfbwya

indeed, he PLAYS a whiney obnoxious character. its not real.... :p

The Seeker
11-13-2004, 10:01 PM
Ok, about the "whiny whiners whining about whining whiners," I think you are whining about the wrong things. Bottom line is that the movies belong to GL, and if he wanted to throw in a Jar Jar Binks strip tease instead of Twi'Lek dancers in RotJ, he could have. So griping that he changed it a bit is a bit petty. Rather, if you're gonna gripe about it, gripe that he didn't make the ORIGINAL OT availible in addition to the expanded OT. Like what they did with the Alien films: from the menu screen you can choose the special edition or the original theatrical release.

Personally, I like the changes for the most part. They look better, the sound better, and have better continuity as a whole. (admit it, Temura Morrison as Boba Fett was badass)

So, to sum it up, I personally like most of the changes and won't look back, but I can understand the indignation of some at GL for basically saying "because I say these are better, the others didn't happen"

Just my two cents.

Lady Jedi
11-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Oh, Astro, you are one of the most controversial people on these forums, but in such a freaking hilarious way, I just can't help but look forward to your posts. Keep up the good work man. :D

Now then, I haven't gotten to watch all of the SE/OT but what I did see was really good. I like the changes. It's kind of like Lucas (crazy as he may be) is getting to have fun with these movies, because technology has caught up with him. So good for him. :)

I also understand those of you who don't like the changes. Star Wars is one of those things that can and will be passed down through generations, and I know some of you probably want to be able to say 'Yep, that's the movie that I saw as a kid and still adore as an adult.' Rather than 'Yep, that's a version of said movie...' :D

Bottom line: I like the changes.

LJ

ET Warrior
11-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Lady Jedi

Out of my swamp heathen!

I keeeed of course.

maybe.

El Sitherino
11-15-2004, 09:29 PM
*hits ET with a stick*

you're just jealous that hayden is more attractive than you, that's why you and all the others dislike him being in there. You are just in denial about it and claim that it's because it makes no sense, when in actuality it makes more sense than you say it does.

anyone else getting the strangest feeling of deja vu?

Astrotoy7
11-15-2004, 09:50 PM
Oh, Astro, you are one of the most controversial people on these forums, but in such a freaking hilarious way, I just can't help but look forward to your posts. Keep up the good work man. :D

LJ

wow, a nice compliment indeed. I try to annoy in as polite a manner as I can :)

I like the changes, especially the new palpatine scene in ESB and haydenin ROTJ(This whole 'maintaining your identity' thing will pop up in Ep III I am certain)

as for ppl denying themselves the opportunity of watching SW in 5.1 surround because of little changes like this, well I giggle at them... though I cant imagine Kain has a 5.1 setup in his trailer ;)

jk Kain....c'mon hug me or I'll hug your first, or we can hug SIMULTANEOUSLY :p

mtfbwya

Lady Jedi
11-16-2004, 09:49 AM
ET Warrior:
Out of my swamp heathen!

ET, you can't kick me out of the Swamp. Why? Because you know you like me for my fabulous spelling ability. :p And the fact that I'm a female that LIKES STAR WARS! (admit it) :xp:

Astro:
wow, a nice compliment indeed.

I know. But it's not only a compliment, it is true as well. :D

Astro:
jk Kain....c'mon hug me or I'll hug your first, or we can hug SIMULTANEOUSLY

ROFL! (in DR. Evil voice) HUG ME!! (end DR. Evil voice)
Funny funny stuff. :)

Astrotoy7
11-17-2004, 12:30 AM
ET, you can't kick me out of the Swamp. Why? Because you know you like me for my fabulous spelling ability. :p And the fact that I'm a female that LIKES STAR WARS! (admit it) :xp:

ET is an uber geek.....the only way you can impress him is not by spelling achievements, but by adourning and being able to tell time on a BINARY WATCH !

*points and laughs at binary watch*

mtfbwya

Kurgan
11-17-2004, 04:38 PM
Note to the George Lucas fanboys and the purist fanboys, I did a thread about the DVD changes already, so no need to try to recall lists of changes:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=441

It's documented. But if I missed anything feel free to let me know in that thread or in a PM. Thanks.