PDA

View Full Version : ahh the humble chip butty....

Leper Messiah
11-07-2004, 10:28 AM
ah the chip butty, mainstay of my student diet. went to ASDA today to buy some chip butty essentials - tomato sauce, bbq sauce, mayonaise, mustard. yummy :D obviously those dont all go on at the same time unless im very drunk :D

so students/ex students what cost cutting food do/did you employ in uni/college times?

do american students have no money as well btw?

Boba Rhett
11-07-2004, 10:31 AM
Ramen noodles and more Ramen noodles.

I've never heard of a chip butty but the fact that it can be dressed in ketchup, bbq sauce, mayonaise or mustard intrigues me greatly. What is it?

Leper Messiah
11-07-2004, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

I've never heard of a chip butty but the fact that it can be dressed in ketchup, bbq sauce, mayonaise or mustard intrigues me greatly. What is it?

the genius concept of putting chips in a sandwich my friend :D

flippin lovely, and filling too at the fraction of the cost of real food :D

Boba Rhett
11-07-2004, 10:44 AM
That's one of my favorite ways of eating sandwiches already. :eek: Although I put some meat in there too, it that legal? :D

I like to put jalapeno chips or pickle chips on mine. Regular ones are dandy too though.

Leper Messiah
11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
*considers putting meat in chip butty*

hmmmm....

interesting :D

Joetheeskimo
11-07-2004, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Ah...good times :D For some reason, that never gets old for me. :p

BawBag™
11-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Leper Messiah tomato sauce, bbq sauce, mayonaise, mustard

Not a chip butty without brown sauce. :xp:

Mex
11-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Here in the Uk I don't think we have Ramen noodles, if we have then I've never heard of them.

Leper Messiah
11-07-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by BawBag™
Not a chip butty without brown sauce. :xp:

i already got brown sauce :)

IG-64
11-07-2004, 12:25 PM
if you eat a whole block of ramen noodles, it'll freakin fill you up till you explode.

I've put chips in my sandwhiches before, I must do it wrong cause they get soggy half way through :/

Boba Rhett
11-07-2004, 12:29 PM
You gotta keep them away from the sauces and really pile them on there. I also suppliment the sandwich with more chips with every bite I take. :D

jon_hill987
11-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Ok brilliant student food:

Greek Melt (take away from "Jake's") = Baggette, with chips and bacon with cheese melted on top.

Treble fried egg chilli chutney sandwich (got the idea from red dwarf) = 3 fried eggs, in 3 bits of bread, with chilli sause and mango chutney.

both are perfect when drunk and good any other time.