PDA

View Full Version : Scott Peterson = Teh guilty.

IG-64
11-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Owned. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6385208/?GT1=5809)

jebbers
11-12-2004, 12:46 PM
thats what he gets

MennoniteHobbit
11-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Good riddance. Glad the jury got through and didn't acquit him like the jury acquitted OJ. I just wonder if he got first or second-degree murder. The page is still loading for me. Hopefully the first.

[EDIT] Both.

TiE23
11-12-2004, 01:01 PM
Heh, glad the bastard is dead is gonna die. :-\

TiE

Jed
11-12-2004, 02:34 PM
Sick bastard gets what he deserves.

He's gonna get a mighty loose sphincter or he's gonna get a nice giant overdose of potassium.

Rot in hell, Scott.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 02:46 PM
I find the act of rejoicing over the prospect of the death of another, regardless of their legal status, to be distasteful in the extreme.

:tsk:

LightNinja
11-12-2004, 03:05 PM
yep im glad to see that hes gonna pay for what he did

Alegis
11-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I find the act of rejoicing over the prospect of the death of another, regardless of their legal status, to be distasteful in the extreme.

Seconded. What he did is more than just horrible, but i'm for prison sentence for life.

ZBomber
11-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Alegis
Seconded. What he did is more than just horrible, but i'm for prison sentence for life.

People like that don't even desrve the gift of life.

Mike Windu
11-12-2004, 03:21 PM

Thirded.

I don't really mind people on death row... I mean... it's not like they're actually GOING to get the sentence...

Shok_Tinoktin
11-12-2004, 03:24 PM

I agree too. Even if you think he should be killed for this, doesn't mean you should be happy that he is going to die.

ZBomber
11-12-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Shok_Tinoktin
I agree too. Even if you think he should be killed for this, doesn't mean you should be happy that he is going to die.

It's the happiest day of my life. :dozey:

I already see where this thread is going, another debate about the death sentence....

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 03:52 PM
More like a debate about your sense of taste and decency. :rolleyes:

IG-64
11-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Death sentence is what he deserves, he killed in cold blood, just for the sake of selfishness, he deserves to be killed.

I'm not gonna throw a party over his death but I will be happy that there will be one less scum bag in the world.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 03:59 PM
I'm not gonna throw a party over his death That's basically what you did (in an admittedly smaller way) when you started this thread, isn't it? The thread's a celebration of an execution. How bloody scary is that? Very bloody scary. Lynchmob mentality ain't gone yet sonneh. ;)

I think this thread should be deleted on taste and decency... and frankly morality issues.

Shok_Tinoktin
11-12-2004, 04:04 PM
That's basically what you did (in an admittedly smaller way) when you started this thread, isn't it? The thread's a celebration of an execution.

I wouldn't say that, he hasn't been sentenced to the death penaly yet, so he could still be given life in prison without parole.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 04:06 PM
I wouldn't say thatSome of these comments do seem to say that though:Heh, glad the bastard is dead is gonna die. :-\ He's gonna get a mighty loose sphincter or he's gonna get a nice giant overdose of potassium.

Rot in hell, Scott.etcetera.

Shok_Tinoktin
11-12-2004, 04:18 PM
Okay, I originally quoted the wrong part. I agree that a lot of the posts are just that, but it was not inherent in the first post. Thats what I was trying to say.

Elijah
11-12-2004, 04:19 PM
More like a debate about your sense of taste and decency. :rolleyes: But who needs morality right? Morals are for the weak :rolleyes: and the overly religous who base their thinking off of a book. Who defines morals?! HOLY CRAP! EFF EVERYONE FOR PUSHING THEIR MORALS ONTO OTHERS! If you think its cool that he is gonna die, than thats good for you! truth is what we make it!!! RIGHT?! MORALITY IS WEAK! HURRAH!

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 04:20 PM
Hmm, you're right Shok. My apologies IG-64, you may not have started the thread with the intention of celebrating this man's death.

But that's what's become of the thread. So it should be BALEETED nonetheless.

Zdawg, are you trying to say that your monotheism has the monopoly on morality? Obviously it does not.

Jed
11-12-2004, 04:25 PM
Hmm, you're right Shok. My apologies IG-64, you may not have started the thread with the intention of celebrating this man's death.

But that's what's become of the thread. So it should be BALEETED nonetheless.

Zdawg, are you trying to say that your monotheism has the monopoly on morality? Obviously it does not.

Stop trying to turn everything into a goddamn debate, Spider AL.

Some people's opinions differ from your own. Shut up already.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 04:28 PM
Stop trying to turn everything into a goddamn debate, Spider AL.Ah, so those that wish to celebrate the death of this man can give their opinions, but I cannot?

Some people's opinions differ from your own. Shut up already.If that's you giving an order in your capacity as a moderator, naturally I must abide by it.

Is it? If so, I will indeed remove myself from this thread.

Elijah
11-12-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Stop trying to turn everything into a goddamn debate, Spider AL.

Some people's opinions differ from your own. Shut up already. That was my point... i was simply using the current problem at hand, to prove to the people who love to scream "haveing self appointed morals is wrong" that there are absolute truths in life... such as cold blooded murder is wrong, and people should pay for it.

Spider AL, my statement was that your posts are somewhat ironic, thats all.

swphreak
11-12-2004, 04:32 PM

Yes, let's give them a nice comfy bed, and food, and take care of them for free for the rest of their life.... good use for tax payers' money. :rolleyes:

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 04:34 PM
i was simply using the current problem at hand, to prove to the people who love to scream "haveing self appointed morals is wrong"I have my own "self-appointed morals," Zdawg. Arrived at rationally and with empathy. I don't know what gives you the idea that I'm against morality. :confused:

there are absolute truths in life... such as cold blooded murder is wrong, and people should pay for it.There are those that believe execution is cold-blooded murder. So there is no "absolute" rule there. I am not one who believes thus, I think that execution is justified in some cases. I don't believe it's ever a cause for celebration, however. That would be tasteless.

Spider AL, my statement was that your posts are somewhat ironic, thats all.How are they ironic, Zdawg?

Elijah
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
How are they ironic, Zdawg? Im not going to help turn this into a debate thread any more than I already have, but anyone who visits the senate chambers would understand what I mean

MADD>uB<
11-12-2004, 05:12 PM
That's basically what you did (in an admittedly smaller way) when you started this thread, isn't it? The thread's a celebration of an execution.

I wouldn't say that , I'd say it's more of a celebration of justice.
Now as for the way some ppl choose to express their feelings on the matter , it's just that ,it's their opinion .

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't say that , I'd say it's more of a celebration of justice.Surely saying "hooray, he's been convicted!" is celebrating justice, and saying "hooray, he's going to die!" is celebrating his death. No debate about that distinction methinks.

Im not going to help turn this into a debate thread any more than I already have, but anyone who visits the senate chambers would understand what I meanThen I'll PM you to ask you specifically what you're referring to, as I for the life of me can't see any inconsistency in my position that might be construed as ironic.

KBell
11-12-2004, 05:33 PM
Surely saying "hooray, he's been convicted!" is celebrating justice, and saying "hooray, he's going to die!" is celebrating his death. No debate about that distinction methinks.

Then I'll PM you to ask you specifically what you're referring to, as I for the life of me can't see any inconsistency in my position that might be construed as ironic.

Big words make KBell think. Thinking bad.

Do you keep a dictionary by your side at all times Spider? Just a question :D

Rogue Nine
11-12-2004, 05:41 PM
Niner agree with KBell. Lots of big words. Niner not smart enough.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 05:50 PM
Do you keep a dictionary by your side at all times Spider? Just a questionYeah, it's called "my incredibly huge brain". Which I've always thought was a strange title for a dictionary.

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 05:52 PM
life inprisonment, but in isolation that way he never sees another living soul again and just rots in prison, thats more hell than dying, espcially by lethal injection.

IG-64
11-12-2004, 06:00 PM
Meh, i'd just like once to make a serious thread without my state of mind being questioned, my beliefs pissed on, and my opinions ridiculed.

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
Meh, i'd just like once to make a serious thread without my state of mind being questioned, my beliefs pissed on, and my opinions ridiculed.

hmmmmm well maybe you ask too much, the key of course is in rising above it because when you stay rational and your oponents get more stressed out and irrational they become much easier to defeat :D

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah, listen to Leper. You guys seem to be taking the fact that myself and others hold different opinions, rather... personally.

Plus, if you want to start a thread in which there's no discussion at all, you might choose a topic that's less emotive and controversial.

IG-64
11-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Oh so I should be more carefull about my topics and more selective of whats appropriate for the outcome of replies I want? I see.

Forget it. I just wanted to inform the swampies of the news and create a nice topic. If I did something wrong then whatever.

Btw, Leper, I personally hate the idea of "defeating an opponent" and all this competition crap that goes into these arguments that really shouldn't be here.

Spider AL
11-12-2004, 06:14 PM
Oh so I should be more carefull about my topics and more selective of whats appropriate for the outcome of replies I want? I see.Sigh.

Mate, I'm merely suggesting that you be realistic. If you were to create a topic on abortion, you'd HAVE to expect responses and lively discussion, wouldn't you?

And as far as I can tell, nobody's accusing you of doing anything "wrong".

Leper Messiah
11-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by IG-64

Btw, Leper, I personally hate the idea of "defeating an opponent" and all this competition crap that goes into these arguments that really shouldn't be here.

ok so it was a bad phrase. "Get Your Point Across" may have been better. the idea was that you make them see your opinion makes sense, even if they dont agree with it.

Nalukai
11-12-2004, 06:23 PM
good to see since the media streched this crap out 4 months longer than it should have been.... its not like he was an OJ... trials like this and worse happen all the time but never reached the eyes of the media hounds... what makes this chump better than any of the other scumbags????

oh yeah... gf scott....12-0... owned...

Neverhoodian
11-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Ten bucks that this thread either gets locked down or moved to the Senate Chambers. Any takers?

As to the original topic:

Good riddance Scott. death penalty or no, chances are he's in for a world of hurt. :D

KBell
11-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Can't we all just be relieved he was actually CONVICTED of the murder and leave it at that? Leave the death penalty debate to the folks in the Senate Chambers.

ronbrothers
11-12-2004, 11:08 PM
I was so afraid that he would get away with this.

This is an extremely emotionally charged case with no question. I am in no way ashamed to say that any dime spent on feeding and housing that bastard is far too good for him. Neither am I ashamed of saying that I hope he gets the death penalty. Too bad he can die only once for this.

Breton
11-12-2004, 11:34 PM
Using punishment as vengeance have no place in a civilized society, and should always be discouraged.

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind" - Mahatma Ghandi

CapNColostomy
11-13-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Breton
Using punishment as vengeance have no place in a civilized society,

And what other kind of "vengeance" is there? Puhleeze. Vengeance minus punishment is an empty meaningless concept. String this guy up by his balls and let the victims family play pinata with his skull. Hell, with modern science we could probably even have a doctor surgically implant a few small pieces of candy in his dome without causing so much damage he doesn't know what's happening. And it would be fun and educational for the kids.

Breton
11-13-2004, 12:46 AM
So basically, you'd want to sink to his level, or even below that?
Oh, I forgot. "He started it!".

Punishment is primarily part of a treatment.

Elijah
11-13-2004, 12:47 AM
Let us all just listen to Ghandi and let ther be no penalty for cold blooded murder.

and while we are at it, no prison time... locking someone in a cell for the rest of thier life, is murder (no place to run, no way to hide, no way out, etc...) :rolleyes:

Seriously, how is that just? how is that fair to Lacy? she was killed by her husband, and he should walk free?

CapNColostomy
11-13-2004, 12:55 AM
So basically, you'd want to sink to their level, or even below that?
Oh, I forgot. "They started it!".

Punishment is primarily part of a treatment.

Well no, not me personally, as I have nothing against the man. But if that were my sister/mother/wife etc...Yeah. I'd want to go as many notches below the level of the horror of the crime he committed as the law would allow. In fact, if I was sure I'd never get caught, or nobody would care, I'd delve even further into the depths below his level to make sure I got satisfaction. Who started it would not concern me. Only who finished it. Too much money, tax paying money, is spent keeping these people pampered. I think capitol punishment is a fine, and under-used idea. I think petty crimes should also be met with death or at the very least, severe maiming. In fact, one of the most hillarious things I can think of involves replacing those annoying anti shoplifting security strips with small ammounts of explosives. Just enough to cripple and/or maim the person carrying the stolen goods. I have lots of good ideas if only people would stop being panzys and use them.

jon_hill987
11-13-2004, 01:22 AM
I say he should get life in prison. which is worse? being killed quickly and painlessly or having to think about what you have done for the next 50 years? killing him will release him from his suffering (unless you are religious and beleive he will spend eternity in hell, in which case 50 years or so waiting wont matter)

death should be a release, not a punishment.

for all those who think it shouln't be in the swamp...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140077

Breton
11-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Well no, not me personally, as I have nothing against the man. But if that were my sister/mother/wife etc...Yeah. I'd want to go as many notches below the level of the horror of the crime he committed as the law would allow. In fact, if I was sure I'd never get caught, or nobody would care, I'd delve even further into the depths below his level to make sure I got satisfaction. Who started it would not concern me. Only who finished it.

Why should people have to be tortured and die just because you want to get your anger out?
Barbaric.

Imprisonment and punishment should only have the purpose to make the criminal be able to go back to society as an ordinary person.

Two wrongs doesn't make one right. That's very important to realise.

But I think this debate should continue in the Senate.

Alegis
11-13-2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak
Yes, let's give them a nice comfy bed, and food, and take care of them for free for the rest of their life.... good use for tax payers' money. :rolleyes:
Yes, Jail is an utopia. One day when I grow up I hope to get in jail as well.

Originally posted by jon_hill987
killing him will release him from his suffering
But jail is an utopia? Or perhaps it does suck.

Jail time for life puts you for years and years in a horrible life. Gives time to think about it, and let him suffer from HIS OWN anger. Not ours.

Killing him means it's over and the rest of the world is happy someone is dead. Wishing someone is dead?
If you wish to stop killing, you shouldn't encourage it like this. Killing shouldn't get a spot at all if you wan't to remove it. There's no "he started it!"
Using punishment as vengeance have no place in a civilized society, and should always be discouraged.

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind" - Mahatma Ghandi
Originally posted by ZDawg
and while we are at it, no prison time...
That is not the point. We are talking about prison. We weren't talking about no prison. No one suggested to let him go free. On-topic please.

ronbrothers
11-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Ah, I really don't care about being accused of "sinking to their level". I also realize that vengeance is not justice. But this case has angered me. If he did something like this to someone in my family, I would gladly take care of it myself. I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process. Or hopefully the will take care of him in prison. I don't consider this a debate. These are just my feelings. And I'm not trying to pursuade either way on the need or not of capitol punishment. But he's lived a good life. Why should he be the recipient of free food, cable TV, internet or whatever? Oh well, he considered himself a player as a husband, maybe he can be a player in prison.

MennoniteHobbit
11-13-2004, 06:55 AM
How about we all just shut up about the death penalty "not being right" and just say "good riddance Scott was convicted, he was a scumbag who deserved it."

Feanaro
11-13-2004, 06:08 PM
Good call Jury! I'm glad he was convicted. Did anyone see that one guy doing an indian chant on this boat? I don't know i just saw a little bit of it. Does anyone know anything about this?

Spider AL
11-13-2004, 06:12 PM
If he did something like this to someone in my family, I would gladly take care of it myself.That's why we don't allow families of victims to decide what punishment to give offenders, because they're too emotionally involved to dispassionately weigh up what punishment the crime merits.

Or don't you care about JUSTICE? Justice is proportionate punishment to the crime.

I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process.Sadistic and reprihensible sentiment, you should be ashamed of yourself. Let's just bring back stoning, shall we? :rolleyes:

TK-8252
11-13-2004, 07:36 PM
my incredibly huge brain

How modest! :D

"An eye for an eye, and the whole world would be blind" ~ Mahatma Ghandi

You do know that Ghandi's saying doesn't even make sense, right? Not everyone is a murderer, therefore the whole world wouldn't be "blind" (dead). Just the murderers.

Spider AL
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
How modest!Sod modesty, realism wins.

Besides, it's not only my opinion that I have a huge brain. Why, only last week no less than three people told me "You have a big head."

Or was that "you ARE a bighead..."

:D

TK-8252
11-13-2004, 08:02 PM
So? People tell me I have big ears (before I grew my hair out so that it covers my ears :p ), but I don't hear any better now do I? :D

Shok_Tinoktin
11-13-2004, 08:08 PM
He didn't say he thinks better. He said that he has a big brain.

ronbrothers
11-13-2004, 08:42 PM
That's why we don't allow families of victims to decide what punishment to give offenders, because they're too emotionally involved to dispassionately weigh up what punishment the crime merits.]

Or don't you care about JUSTICE? Justice is proportionate punishment to the crime.

No, you are absolutely right about that.

Sadistic and reprihensible sentiment, you should be ashamed of yourself. Let's just bring back stoning, shall we? :rolleyes:

Actually, not at all. You fragmented what I said and took it out of context. Here is what I said:

Originally posted by ronbrothers I don't consider this a debate. These are just my feelings. And I'm not trying to pursuade either way on the need or not of capitol punishment. But he's lived a good life. Why should he be the recipient of free food, cable TV, internet or whatever? Oh well, he considered himself a player as a husband, maybe he can be a player in prison.

So put yourself in the shoes of the Rocha family. I would not be so tastless to try to speak for them, but shame would be the least that I'd feel for having such feelings.

Spider AL
11-14-2004, 12:10 PM
No Ron, you actually did say this:I think they need to fire up ol' sparky on this guy. Mabey a couple of misfires in the process.And it was a standalone sentence, so I didn't take it "out of context" now, did I? No I didn't. You said it, and yes, I think it's a reprehensible and barbaric sentiment. And yeah, you should be ashamed IMO.

So? People tell me I have big ears (before I grew my hair out so that it covers my ears ), but I don't hear any better now do I?That's probably because your ears are covered with hair.

The only thing covering my brain is knowledge. :eyeraise:

Captain Wilson
11-14-2004, 03:43 PM
death penatly is wrong. Small box where they get one pitfull meal evry two day with no light and no humman contact for the rest of his life is way foreward.

Realy, He has no suffering when hes dead does he, so keep him alive and make him

toms
11-15-2004, 04:36 AM
I've never really underdstood why people want to celebrate court verdicts. Glorying in the fact someone may suffer and die is tasteless in the extreme, but even celebrating a conviction is pretty daft imho.

I can see why those involved in a case might celebrate the verdict they had hoped for, but for the rest of us who know very little about the case to celebrate any verdict is a bit odd. It's like celebrating your team's victory or something.

I've never heard of this case, but i'll assume that justice was done and the right verdict was reached. Good. Thats what is supposed to happen. Should I celebrate that? That is like celebrating because gravity still works.

I can only assume that those that are celebrating had a pre-concieved idea of what the verdict should be, but i doubt they have the knowledge to make an informed decision. Either that or they guy was really obviously guilty, in which case it is again no surprise that he was convicted.
:confused:

BongoBob
11-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Well no, not me personally, as I have nothing against the man. But if that were my sister/mother/wife etc...Yeah. I'd want to go as many notches below the level of the horror of the crime he committed as the law would allow. In fact, if I was sure I'd never get caught, or nobody would care, I'd delve even further into the depths below his level to make sure I got satisfaction. Who started it would not concern me. Only who finished it. Too much money, tax paying money, is spent keeping these people pampered. I think capitol punishment is a fine, and under-used idea. I think petty crimes should also be met with death or at the very least, severe maiming. In fact, one of the most hillarious things I can think of involves replacing those annoying anti shoplifting security strips with small ammounts of explosives. Just enough to cripple and/or maim the person carrying the stolen goods. I have lots of good ideas if only people would stop being panzys and use them.

I am with you all the way Capn.

And I have no problem with saying good f***int riddance. One less scumbag in the world.