PDA

View Full Version : Whats your favorite type of music?

TheOutrider
11-13-2004, 11:16 PM
Ive always wonderes peoples taste in music here. Personally I like Pop and Rock because its loud and sounds good.

Darth Rythe
11-14-2004, 12:24 AM
AW...WTF!

No techno?

Not happy Jan(:p) (astro should get it:p)

Yeah, Techno...mainly

TheOutrider
11-14-2004, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by MATTYBE
AW...WTF!

No techno?

Not happy Jan(:p) (astro should get it:p)

Yeah, Techno...mainly Techno, hmmm, never heard of it

Darth Rythe
11-14-2004, 12:50 AM
OMGWTF are you on?:eek:

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 01:14 AM
Not everyone listens to techno music you know. I get pretty tired of it after about 10 minutes myself.

I basically like everything that is NOT Country. I find country music to be the musical companion to Dante's inferno. Seriously if you locked me up in a room, and forced me to listen to country music, I would probably admit to wearing women's panties and bathing in jello, wether I actually do/did or not. Yes, Country music does bother me THAT much!

Lately I like my music, dark, mechanical, and eclectic, but I have thrown on some Steely Dan once or twice in the past week.

Darth Rythe
11-14-2004, 01:21 AM
But he hasn't even heard of it :p

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by MATTYBE
But he hasn't even heard of it :p

I wish I never heard of Country music. :(

Boba Rhett
11-14-2004, 01:43 AM
Rap is far worse than country music. :p

My tastes are spread all over the board but I'd say I end up listening to a lot of rock/soft rock.

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

That's what my dad says all the time, but in Rap music, at least you never hear twangy vocals and steel guitars...*shudders*....like fingernails on a chalk board I tell you. Also, Country artists covering classic rock songs should be a national crime. :mad:

Perfect example:

Fleetwood Mac: "Landslide" , brilliant song!

Smashing Pumpkins: "Landslide", brilliant cover!

The Dixie Chicks: "Landslide", oh god NO! :headbump

Alegis
11-14-2004, 02:18 AM
Old Rock n Roll. And rap is worse than country, country music is still music IMO... You can't spell crap without rap.

Rap is just some dude picked for looks and popularity. There's clearly hardly any effort put into the music compared to the clip. And they just lower themselves and move a bit with their arms. They can't sing and thus mumble some meaningless phrases, and the "tune" is more repetitive than ska

LightNinja
11-14-2004, 02:31 AM
Rock pwns.

jon_hill987
11-14-2004, 02:41 AM
You missed a few off the list:

Trance, Techno, Hard House, Euphoria...

in fact any dance at all, when that gets changed I will vote...

yep I'm with MATTYBE on this one.

FiEND_138
11-14-2004, 02:42 AM
Punk Rock....

Real Punk though, not that bubble gum crap of today thats gets labeled as such.

Evil Dark Jedi
11-14-2004, 02:53 AM
Rock...

I love it.

(Me and JediMasterDude had a talk about our favourite music over AIM. :p )

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Punk Rock....

I'm from your era. My favorites were Black Flag, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, and Minor Threat.

All the punk today is just sugar coated repeats on old punk classics.

PM me sometime.

SeleneRayne
11-14-2004, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja
Rock pwns.

N'uff said. :)

I like my music mechanical, dark, and heavy. Oh yeah. :cool:

Bob Gnarly
11-14-2004, 06:14 AM
Electronica, Alt. Rock, Folk (not folk, really just Neutral Milk Hotel, and Beck)

Pie™
11-14-2004, 07:06 AM
Goth, black metal, gothic metal, symphonic metal, death metal, industrial, power metal, doom metal, grindcore

and many many more :)

--ZeeMan--
11-14-2004, 07:07 AM
punk rock all the way!

go green day!

Pad
11-14-2004, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
And even more worse is RnB, believe me ;)

As for my taste, it´s mostly rock, jazz, DnB,... Or everything that isnt too commercial.

IG-64
11-14-2004, 07:46 AM
I like whatever I like, if I find a song that's whatever type of music that I like, i'll listen to it. In other words i'm not stuck to one particular type.

So I vote "None or All or Other"

Leper Messiah
11-14-2004, 08:08 AM
METAL!

edlib
11-14-2004, 08:16 AM
I like everything pretty much...

But right now I'm listening to a lot of prog-rock and jazz-fusion. I've always been more intersted in music that falls between 2 or more styles than purist devotion to a single style.

I also like listening to music that's really difficult to play. If it's too easy, or I know that I could play it, it tends to lose my interest.

ZBomber
11-14-2004, 08:52 AM
Classic Rocker here. I can't go a day without listening to it. :(

And of course, I think you can all figure out my favorite band by my av/sig....

GothiX
11-14-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Pie™
Goth, black metal, gothic metal, symphonic metal, death metal, industrial, power metal, doom metal, grindcore
That plus viking metal and progressive metal.

Rogue15
11-14-2004, 09:56 AM
what groovy said...anything but country. country is crap.

Leper Messiah
11-14-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Punk Rock....

*ritually slaughters Good Charlotte and presents remains to FiEND*

u like the anti nowhere league?

CapNColostomy
11-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
That's what my dad says all the time, but in Rap music, at least you never hear twangy vocals and steel guitars...*shudders*....like fingernails on a chalk board I tell you.

*Points to "Jesus Built My Hotrod"*

And what's wrong with steel guitars?
Anyway, I prefer metal in most of its incarnations. Not all of it. Especially the radio variety. Can't stand that. And I also enjoy some old school country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, George Jones. The old timers. I dunno, I like lots of stuff. I can't be bothered to try and categorize it all, and then type it all out.

acdcfanbill
11-14-2004, 11:45 AM
*pulls out soundclip from Dream Evil - The Book of Heavy Metal* MEEETTTTAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

all walks of metal, from black to death to folk to viking with a large smattering of thrash thrown in ;)

GothiX
11-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by acdcfanbill
*pulls out soundclip from Dream Evil - The Book of Heavy Metal* MEEETTTTAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!

Holy [pie], another DE fan! :D

StormHammer
11-14-2004, 01:30 PM
I have wide-ranging tastes, including...

Rock (from Hard to Soft), Metal (in it's many forms), Country, Rock'n'Roll, Blues, Classical, Medieval, Folk (many different flavours), Folk Rock, trad. Jazz, Opera, all kinds of Solo artists across a wide range of genres, some Pop (hate boy or girl bands or those 'manufactured' bands), some electronic and movie/game soundtracks.

I'm not really a fan of Rap, techno, acid, mainstream pop or dance music.

Gabrobot
11-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Electronica, Metal (mostly symphonic), Techno, Trance...

Nothing beats putting on some good Trance while level editing or 3d modeling for a couple hours straight. :D

Jo
11-14-2004, 02:59 PM
anything but country.

i listen to rap,rock, punk rock, r&b, hiphop, etc

just no...country

i mean..with songs like "save a horse ride a cowboy" which is sung by GUYS, who would like it..

Captain Wilson
11-14-2004, 04:08 PM
Proper punk and any metal.

except nu metal

Darth Rythe
11-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja
Rock pwns.

No, Pwn rocks......:D

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
*Points to "Jesus Built My Hotrod"*

And what's wrong with steel guitars?
Anyway, I prefer metal in most of its incarnations. Not all of it. Especially the radio variety. Can't stand that. And I also enjoy some old school country. Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, George Jones. The old timers. I dunno, I like lots of stuff. I can't be bothered to try and categorize it all, and then type it all out.

Not my favorite song sir! :p

It's no secret that Al is a sucker for Country, but I can't get into it. I tried, but it just makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up.

txa1265
11-15-2004, 04:49 AM
Given that among the *major* genres are Rock, Pop, Country, Blues, R&B, Folk, Classical and Jazz, you have really missed the boat ...

... punk-rock, soft-rock, heavy metal (which evolved from heavy rock), rap, techno, etc are just sub-genres - not invalidating them in anyway, as they are a specialization to serve a particular audience. They are just not major genres.

Anyway, Jazz is my thing in all of it's pure and cross-genre styles ... then classical and rock ...

Mike

CapNColostomy
11-15-2004, 05:05 AM
@ Groovy. Yeah, I remember when he (Al) was going to do a serious country album called Buck Satan and the 666 Shooters. I wish he would, I'd be all over that.

@ txa Mike. The closest thing to jazz I'm into are Mr. Bungle, and The Dillenger Escape Plan. Does that count?

txa1265
11-15-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
@ txa Mike. The closest thing to jazz I'm into are Mr. Bungle, and The Dillenger Escape Plan. Does that count? Not from what I was able to read/listen to - more like psycho-ska-turbo-punk or something like that :D

But who cares what it is called? I wouldn't call the XIII soundtrack 'jazz' or the Star Wars soundtracks 'classical', but I love them just the same ...

As I've realized, what matters to me is not what music you are passionate about, but that you're passionate about music. If you have no passion for music ... we have nothing to talk about ;)

Mike

El Sitherino
11-15-2004, 08:35 AM
I voted Punk Rock.

*hugs his playlist*
Misfits, black flag, anti-flag, the casaulties, the unseen, etc.

None of that bubblegum sh*t for me.

Anthony
11-15-2004, 11:05 AM
Rock, Metal, Punk rock and more

yeah.

Bob Gnarly
11-15-2004, 05:19 PM
Nerdcore Hip-hop

Mc Fronatlot!
Optimus Rhyme
Mc Chris

El Sitherino
11-15-2004, 05:22 PM
rofl, hell yeah mamba!

Thrawn42689
11-15-2004, 05:26 PM
Rock (Only the kind that doesn't have an utterly generic vocalist, e.g. Muse)

Hip-Hop sometimes, but only that with reasonably intelligent lyrics that aren't about pimpin' and hos and whatnot...

And then there's electronica. I listen to Fluke, Thievery Corporation, MBM, that kinda stuff. No trance, far too twinkly and un-groovy for me. :p

Recently I've been listening to a lot of my new Rage Against the Machine CDs.