PDA

View Full Version : Seinfeld on DVD!!! (non haters only!)

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 11:19 AM
FINALLY (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/104-8905946-5293538)

Sorry if this is old news, but I just found out!

I been waiting for these ever since the last episode came out! :eek:

BEST SITCOM EVER!

*jumps around like a man with his pants on fire*

Boba Rhett
11-14-2004, 11:21 AM
Link no worky for me. :confused:

weiderudare
11-14-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah, i always wanted an error too...?

Acrylic
11-14-2004, 11:46 AM
Link = no work.

Poo on you Grooves.

KBell
11-14-2004, 11:47 AM
Ummmm.......are you talking about Seinfeld maybe?

If you are, yeah old news.

ZBomber
11-14-2004, 12:51 PM
I think he's talking about Seinfeld, and yeh, it comes out in a few days I think. :D

TheOutrider
11-14-2004, 12:57 PM
wow ive always wanted an error :thumbsup:

But seriously it doesn't work

Pie™
11-14-2004, 01:00 PM
I think everyone's realised it's a dead link by now :rolleyes:
geez, it's a human mistake

KBell
11-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Must of been too excited :p

But yeah, I'll be getting the Seinfeld DVD's soon.

ET Warrior
11-14-2004, 01:23 PM
I'm asking for those for christmas :)

swphreak
11-14-2004, 01:41 PM
He might have meant this (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002UE1X0/qid=1100471682/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/104-0601328-6868761?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846).

I'll pass... I'll watch the show when it's on, but not paying for them.

Tyrion
11-14-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I'm an attention whore because I'm fixed. :)

:eek:

I really don't see why Seinfield got so large, I mean yes it is funny, but from day one to the time they're in prison, they never learn and thier character never grows.

'course, I love Family Guy, so maybe I'm just an idiot who can't get a clear thought through. :p

Edit Blarggh! Woe be us, for time has become paradox; paradox has become time; black has become white; white has become black!

Kain
11-14-2004, 05:53 PM
Seinfeld sucks.

IG-64
11-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Kain
Seinfeld sucks.

Couldn't have said it better.

ET Warrior
11-14-2004, 05:57 PM
Seinfeld is so much better than me I lose sleep at night because of it.

Fixed. :)

KBell
11-14-2004, 06:06 PM
Fixed. :)

Couldn't have said it better.

The Seeker
11-14-2004, 09:11 PM
I like seinfeld because they never take themselves too seriously. Like, from the few episodes of friends that I caught, they are always trying to come off as real people who just happen to be hotter than everyone else, and (like you and me :rolleyes: ) just can't help but get into quirky sexual love triangle misadventures with equally hot people, then drag out said misadventures for TWENTY FREAKIN SEASONS.

Anyways, it's true that seinfeld's characters never grew, they just stayed selfish and rude and were still the most horrible people on earth to the very end. Which, IMO, is what made it funny.

Boba Rhett
11-14-2004, 10:10 PM
lol

This is the best thread ever.

Can we keep guessing what he was linking to?

Darth Groovy
11-14-2004, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
lol

This is the best thread ever.

Can we keep guessing what he was linking to?

Sorry, I was a bit pressed for time, and in a state of Euphoria.

Try this link:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/445894/ref=tr_61621/104-8905946-5293538

If that don't work, THIS is what I am talking about:

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JLEX.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002UE1WQ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Astrotoy7
11-15-2004, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
...Poo on you Grooves...

bad. mental. image :(

Seinfeld had some great moments, but Im never impressed by ppl who make $1m an episode for goofin around, no matter how clever or quirky it is :(

mtfbwya

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 01:06 AM
Thing about Seinfeld, is that that show always pointed out things that people notice in everyday life, but nobody ever really was able to pinpoint it, let alone make a joke. Seinfeld always pointed out the obvious, and built a entire episodes around such topics.

For example "Close talkers" people that only speak to you less than an inch away from your face.

"Face painters", people that put on make up before a sporting event to "support the team".

"Double dipping" , taking a chip, dipping it, taking a bite and then dipping it again.

Or how about girls with "man hands"! :eek:

How about "Re-gifters" , people who recieve a gift, but then wrap it up and give it to someone else.

To me this stuff was just comic brilliance!

This is seriously the ONLY TV series I EVER wanted on DVD.

Please don't kill my excitement. :p

Besides, those idiots on "Friends" got more than a million an episode, but at least Seinfeld was funny.

AND unlike MOST sitcoms, Seinfeld never resorted to having the occasional "serious episode" or having all the lame relationship arcs that MOST sitcoms had. Sure the characters never changed, and that is what made it work all the way to the end. AND all the core characters stayed for ALL seasons!

ZBomber
11-15-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy

For example "Close talkers" people that only speak to you less than an inch away from your face.

I love that episode! :D I can't remember now though, was it Jerry or George's parents that he went everywhere with?

KBell
11-15-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber
I love that episode! :D I can't remember now though, was it Jerry or George's parents that he went everywhere with?

Jerry's

Hilarious stuff X-D

the_raven_03
11-15-2004, 07:35 PM
I love Seinfeld. One of the funniest sitcoms I have ever seen. About a week ago I saw the soup nazi one on TV. That is definately one of the most memorable episodes.

I am hoping to get them for Christmas.

Spider AL
11-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Ahh Seinfeld. Wasn't funny. Humour = pedestrian, pseud claptrap. Unintelligent, smug, common-denominator blandness.

Funny = Blackadder. Pwned.

Kain
11-15-2004, 08:43 PM
Anytime I watch Seinfeld I feel like I'm being shot from the inside of my brain. Its the same feeling I get whenever I meet a Spongebob Squarepants fan or hear SBSP's theme.

Spider AL
11-15-2004, 08:46 PM
Spongebob is funnier than Seinfeld.

Spongebob sucks.

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Anytime I watch Seinfeld I feel like I'm being shot from the inside of my brain. Its the same feeling I get whenever I meet a Spongebob Squarepants fan or hear SBSP's theme.

Then why do you watch Seinfeld and listen to Spongebob you jack ass?! :rolleyes:

All you Seinfeld haters can feel free to exit the thread now.

*points to the door*

ET Warrior
11-15-2004, 09:17 PM
*points to the door*

*hides behind the door with a baseball bat for breaking knees of the blasphemers*

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 09:21 PM
*hides behind the door with a baseball bat for breaking knees of the blasphemers*

Thanks man, you've always been one of the good ones. ;)

Spider AL
11-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Then why do you watch Seinfeld and listen to Spongebob you jack ass?!Oho, calling me a jackass, eh? Personal attack. Beneath me. :p

As for the question, I watched two whole episodes of Seinfeld, the first when I had heard from some American person that it was funny... The second when I wanted to make SURE that it was totally unfunny and without merit.

Following this, I have been unfortunate enough to see various scenes from the show sporadically through no fault of my own.

As for spongebob, why, I watched quite a few episodes while in a drug-induced haze a while back. That and the teletubbies. Bad trip.

coupes.
11-15-2004, 09:28 PM
Seinfeld is hilarious ! I used to watch it everynight... when I had cable :dozey:

The soup nazi really is one of the most memorable episodes... but I also like the one where they make The bet...

"Are you still master of your domain ?"

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Oho, calling me a jackass, eh? Personal attack. Beneath me. :p

I believe I quoted Kain. Read before you post, it makes you appear more intelligent.

Have fun with the drugs. ;)

Spider AL
11-15-2004, 09:43 PM
I believe I quoted Kain.Hardly relevant, since I'm saying exactly the same things about Seinfeld and Spongebob as Kain is. Anyway, why do you find Seinfeld funny? How can you? Enlighten me, do. Perhaps a quotation you find amusing would help. Perhaps a link to a clip that you find riotous.

Read before you post, it makes you appear more intelligent.I think the fact that I'm saying "I dislike Seinfeld, it is not funny" makes me appear intelligent enough.

Have fun with the drugs.That IS the point...

Rogue Nine
11-15-2004, 09:52 PM
Okay okay, let's all simmer down now.

AL, you and Kain have established that you don't like Seinfeld. Well and good. You came in here, said your little schpiel, boom. Now, this thread, ostensibly, is for those who like Seinfeld. Now that you've made your opinion known, it would be best to leave the thread to those who do like it. Because you're not going to get anywhere debating the merits and demerits of Seinfeld, at least not with the lot here. So just agree to disagree and leave it at that, all righty? All righty.

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
Anyway, why do you find Seinfeld funny? How can you? Enlighten me, do. Perhaps a quotation you find amusing would help. Perhaps a link to a clip that you find riotous.

Kramer: "No more underwear"

Seinfeld: "Oh my god, all that is standing between me and your manhood is a thin strip of cloth!"

Kramer: "I'M OUT THERE JERRY AND I'M LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT"

Elaine in a crowded theater during the realease of The English Patient:

"THIS MOVIE SUCKS, IT'S AWFULL...SHE'S DEAD....THAT IS SO GROSS....(ETC)"

George's mom after catching George in the act:

"I come home and see him using his body as an amusment park!"

Mr. Bookman, the library detective. ("Nuff said")

"And i'll tell you another...."

Jerry to a telemarketer:

"Now is not really a good time, could I call you later at home, say around 8 o'clock? Not convenient, well now we understand each other..."

Not to mention, countless guest appearences from Lloyd Bridges.

CapNColostomy
11-15-2004, 10:06 PM
Wow. People sure can become opinionated pompous smartass bastards when you get on the heated subject of twenty minute sitcoms.

As for Seinfeld. I "hahwdly" think being a fan is synonomous with a lack of intelligence. It was a good show, some of us like to think. You don't like it. Who cares? This just in: I've checked my underwear, and it seems I don't give a ****. Don't post. To quote Jason Alexander: "Jerry would've liked to have been here tonight, but he was busy ****ing a supermodel on a pile of money."
Or something like that.

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
Wow. People sure can become opinionated pompous smartass bastards when you get on the heated subject of twenty minute sitcoms.

As for Seinfeld. I "hahwdly" think being a fan is synonomous with a lack of intelligence. It was a good show, some of us like to think. You don't like it. Who cares? This just in: I've checked my underwear, and it seems I don't give a ****. Don't post. To quote Jason Alexander: "Jerry would've liked to have been here tonight, but he was busy ****ing a supermodel on a pile of money."
Or something like that.

LMAO! Jason Alexander is brilliant, just once i'd like to see him catch a break and get into something that makes Seinfeld look like a daytime talk show. Seinfeld really failed when he denied any possibility of spin offs. He probably knew any spin off, would have done just fine without him.

Edit- I changed the thread topic to avoid the confusion among Seinfeld haters.

RpTheHotrod
11-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Guys...keep it cool. We're all friends here.

Arguing over a TV sitcom is just.....childish.

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
Guys...keep it cool. We're all friends here.

Arguing over a TV sitcom is just.....childish.

No arguments here, I am just finding it difficult to understand why certain members post constantly in a thread about a topic that they hate. I see it happening in the Senate all the time, and i'll never figure it out.

CapNColostomy
11-15-2004, 10:17 PM
That quote came from the Friars Roasting of Jerry Stiller. There were some great jabs on there. Jason Alexander mouthed off something to Ben Stiller, and Ben replied with something like "yeah, that's real funny. By the way, I loved your work in Duntin Checks In." That was farkin hillarious.

Tyrion
11-15-2004, 10:18 PM
LMAO! Jason Alexander is brilliant, just once i'd like to see him catch a break and get into something that makes Seinfeld look like a daytime talk show. Seinfeld really failed when he denied any possibility of spin offs. He probably knew any spin off, would have done just fine without him.

Edit- I changed the thread topic to avoid the confusion among Seinfeld haters.

Funny, you made it perfectly clear that haters can post in threads too (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139906&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)

Ok, so your saying that if you post a thread, that only people interested in HL2 are allowed to post in it?!?

If us "Halo Lovers" bother you so much, you can always add them to your ignore list! Under user cp, go to edit ignore, and just add our names to your ignore list.

To post a thread in Yoda's Swamp expecting only certain people to post in it, is an exersise in futility. I don't recall bashing your game, but I did think it seemed a bit silly to have to be online to install a game, but then again, these are just my opinions, just like when you thought it was silly for me to get upset after waiting outside in the cold for an hour, only to go home empty handed. Sorry if they bother you. But they ARE just opinions, nobody's breaking any rules here at this point.

You know, I think I see two standards in the little army you have. :dozey:

(And on that note, Half-life 2 time!)

CapNColostomy
11-15-2004, 10:24 PM
He never said it wasn't alright to post. I think he was saying something along the lines of why would you? Especially over and over and over and over and over and over and over. He also said it was only an opinion and that no rules were being broken.

Anyways, yeah. Fight the power! Or whatever.

Darth Groovy
11-15-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Funny, you made it perfectly clear that haters can post in threads too (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=139906&perpage=40&pagenumber=2)

Right, and did I keep at it, over and over, and over, and over?

Nope. Made my peace and moved on. Know why I posted in that thread in the first place? He kept coming into the Halo 2 thread stirring the hornets nest. At least we agreed to dissagree, and now you don't see him in the Halo 2 thread, and by that same respect, I stay away from the Half Life 2 thread. Which brings me back to my first point. If you hate it, just like....hate it and shut up...why drag it out? What is the motive? If not to gain negative reaction, which is classic troll behavior.

Now the next reply to this thread had BETTER be something about the Seinfeld DVD set, or i'm locking this down forever. This is NOT the Senate Chambers!

BongoBob
11-16-2004, 04:20 AM
Donuts are delicious :D

I think my mom is gonna get the DVDs as soon as she get's paid. I hope she does because I've never seen Seinfeld before, but I would like to see it.

Don't kill me : |

Jed
11-16-2004, 04:38 AM

Ty, keep the newfound testosterone at home, away from your computer.

And nothing, I repeat, NOTHING, is better than the Soup Nazi.

NO SOUP FOR YOU, NEXT

I idolize that man. :D

ckcsaber
11-16-2004, 04:43 AM
Yeah, I'll buy the DVD's. Seinfeld is one of my favorite shows.

I really want to see that interview they'll show on Thanksgiving night. It looks funny.

KBell
11-16-2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jed

Kramer, Newman, and a mail truck full of empty bottles. 'Nuff said :p

jon_hill987
11-16-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
Im never impressed by ppl who make $1m an episode for goofin around, no matter how clever or quirky it is :(

You don't like friends then.

ET Warrior
11-16-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Kramer, Newman, and a mail truck full of empty bottles. 'Nuff said :p

that WAS a good episode...when Jerry's car was stolen by the crazed mechanic XD

KBell
11-16-2004, 01:06 PM
And who could possibly forget Putty and his hours of blank stares xD

Troopr-Undr-Fir
11-16-2004, 01:19 PM
Great show

Though not a Gilagin's Island :p

It was good, but it would fluctuate, never was funny ALL the time.

One I've noticed of late that has done this right, Arrested Development

Holy crap, non-stop laughs. :lol:

And of course Family Guy did this of course to.

ZBomber
11-16-2004, 02:09 PM
Well, that is one magical loogie!

Anyone got a good site for Seinfeld quote clips? I need something to hold me off until the DVD. :D

ckcsaber
11-16-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir

One I've noticed of late that has done this right, Arrested Development

Holy crap, non-stop laughs. :lol:

Buy the DVD's of Arrested Development's first season. You won't regret it.

ET Warrior
11-16-2004, 02:47 PM
I watched the first episode of Arrested development...and I never even chuckled once, so I never watched it again. Is the whole series like the first episode? Or did it ever get good?

ckcsaber
11-16-2004, 02:57 PM
I watched the first episode of Arrested development...and I never even chuckled once, so I never watched it again. Is the whole series like the first episode? Or did it ever get good?

It seriously is the funniest show I've ever seen. The humour is different though. There is no laugh track telling you where to laugh. The humour is there. You just need to find it.

Anyways, the show is similar to the first episode. It gets a LOT funnier, but it is presented in the same way, a sort of mock-ducumentary.

El Sitherino
11-16-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by jon_hill987
You don't like friends then. I like seinfeld but friends sucks. Show got old after 2 minutes.

ET Warrior
11-16-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ckcsaber
There is no laugh track telling you where to laugh. The humour is there. You just need to find it.

I have no trouble without a laughtrack, Scrubs IS my favorite show on TV....I dunno, if you thought the first episode was funny then I probably wouldn't like any of it.

Tyrion
11-16-2004, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Jed
Ty, keep the newfound testosterone at home, away from your computer.

NO SOUP FOR YOU, NEXT

I idolize that man. :D

Meh, it was late and I had a few minutes to kill before Half-life 2 loaded. Just enough time to type up a spiteful post, unfortunately not enough time to rethink and delete it.

:xp:

Darth Groovy
11-16-2004, 10:46 PM
Meh, it was late and I had a few minutes to kill before Half-life 2 loaded. Just enough time to type up a spiteful post, unfortunately not enough time to rethink and delete it.

:xp:

*cracks knuckles*

I COULD handle that for you if you WANT me too. ;)