PDA

View Full Version : How dod you think these Sith Lords will be superior?


Naphtali
11-14-2004, 09:57 PM
The game is shrouded in mystery, there're many characters that will become invaluable or a detriment to you; however in the last game the hook or reason for everything was the discovering of the star forge, do you believe it will be something similar.
What is it that has allowed the sith to return with this much power?
I Believe That these sith are unrelated and using what is left of Malaks.THis could explain why the Sith here or so much more powerful.
Even with the darkside ending, Revan still disappeared into space, possibly meaning he feared the return of the true sith lords, and wen't into then unknown sapce.
Or on the lightside, he could of went into unknown space hiding waiting for other jedi to find him.

It also seems that you can join the sith outright in this one after a time, how will this STORY go you think?

Aleggy
11-15-2004, 04:50 AM
well as has been stated quite a few times the game engine will be the same

but there has also been a few gameplay tweeks i.e. flowing jedi robes

and obsidian have stressed that in the first game the music andstoryline were the main factors

so rather than try to top it they've added

there will be even more original music and the storyline will be different they are doing the best they can to have the storyline and plot twist to be as different as possible


so asking how do i think the game will be superior is a tough question so here is my answer to the best of my ability at this time

when i played kotor for the first time i was blown away but after playing it a few times i noticed that there was room for improvement, and its these improvements that obsidian have been working on that'll make the game superior

Venom750
11-15-2004, 04:54 AM
There is also the chance to chose to be a sith or a jedi but i heard theys still a problem with the frame rate.

Hannibal
11-15-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Venom750
There is also the chance to chose to be a sith or a jedi but i heard theys still a problem with the frame rate.

The frame rate worried me because we were hearing the same thing from Bioware and they kept telling us that frame rate is the last thing they work on and that it would be better than what the reviewers saw. But it turned out not to be so hot. It didn't take away from the game for me but it be nice if it was improved.

I'm looking for more of the same story and gameplay wise but am encouraged by the improvements in animations and jedi robes. :)

90SK
11-15-2004, 12:54 PM
One of the things I've noticed about the Sith in KotOR 2 is that they differ from Malak and his ilk. In KotOR 1, Darth Malak was sort of a villainous evil, the type that wuld laugh at his own foppishness("Then we shall see if you can stand against the full fury of the Star Forge! HA HAHAHAHAHA!"), while in KotOR 2 the sith (mainly the mask guy) seem more of a scary evil, rather than the foppish kind. I doubt you'll see friendly (http://media.xbox.gamespy.com/media/679/679264/img_2129495.html) here cackling much in the game:p

Note: Also, the DS music seems much more scary-evil than the DS KotOR 1 music, which sounded more villain-evil, in my opinion:)

UrchSr
11-15-2004, 02:02 PM
The developers did say that this story is much darker than the first game. The Lightsaber customization and differant types of fighting styles are so much more than an improvement... If one could re-invent the lightsaber, than Obsidian did that. The feats, skills, and powers are more separated by class now. I only hope that all classes can obtain repair because I think that's the skill needed to make the best lightsaber. Say it with me... Ten... Million... Combinations!!! There's numerous new and old crystals and six or more upgrade lightsaber parts. Lenses, emitters, power cells, I'm going to lose it before Dec. 8th!!

That's right... I own an X-Box. I'm going to play it two whole months before you...

90SK
11-15-2004, 02:07 PM
:swear:

RedHawke
11-15-2004, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by UrchSr
That's right... I own an X-Box. I'm going to play it two whole months before you...
Just remember to stay with the LS and use spoiler tags until us PC-ers get a crack at the game... :D

FiEND_138
11-15-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by UrchSr
That's right... I own an X-Box. I'm going to play it two whole months before you...
*Throws rotten fruit at UrchSr*

ChAiNz.2da
11-15-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Just remember to stay with the LS and use spoiler tags until us PC-ers get a crack at the game... :D

@UrchSr
And since RedHawke was asking 'nice' I'll do it for him..

*curses the Xbox!* :fist:

RedHawke
11-15-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
@UrchSr
And since RedHawke was asking 'nice' I'll do it for him..

*curses the Xbox!* :fist:
Thanks for reminding me ChAiNz! :D
Since I haven't done so yet today;

*Curses the Xbox!* :fist:

UrchSr
11-16-2004, 03:30 AM
All of my post will be tagged... My IMs and such... I dunno... Beware of the Spoiler Bomb!! (input maniacal cackle)

Igor_Cavkov
11-16-2004, 03:37 PM
i hope we met the most evil and powerful sith Lords ever! :D

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 03:59 AM
i think each of the sith lords will be one of the new sith prestige classes thats why their are 3.

Cyborgninja
11-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by UrchSr
The developers did say that this story is much darker than the first game. The Lightsaber customization and differant types of fighting styles are so much more than an improvement... If one could re-invent the lightsaber, than Obsidian did that. The feats, skills, and powers are more separated by class now. I only hope that all classes can obtain repair because I think that's the skill needed to make the best lightsaber. Say it with me... Ten... Million... Combinations!!! There's numerous new and old crystals and six or more upgrade lightsaber parts. Lenses, emitters, power cells, I'm going to lose it before Dec. 8th!!

That's right... I own an X-Box. I'm going to play it two whole months before you...

Hey me too(gives him a high five)