PDA

View Full Version : omg, delerious newbies, plz plz lewk!!!!!!!!! (a server challenge!)

mediablitz
11-18-2004, 03:18 PM
A real deathmatch server

[^1U^7S^4A^7] ^1FULL ^7WEAPON/FORCE ^4DEATHMATCH|111ms|67.15.52.200:29070

I know what you are thinking: "omfg i mean....wtf u no??? ther r gunz hear but no jetpackz or grapple hookz???? u mean if I get kicked into pit i die??? WTF???"
I feel your pain, newbies. And i've given up trying to convert your kind. However, I would most enjoy fragging you over and over for about 30 minutes on this server, if you would be so kind as to come.

Sam Fisher
11-18-2004, 04:47 PM
Wot wot?

I'll be seeing ya on there then :P

Neverhoodian
11-18-2004, 05:00 PM
Nice to hear you're playing the game like it was meant to be played. I think I'll check it out, what with Thanksgiving break and all...

acdcfanbill
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
nice, usually if i want to play a real ffa game i end up on Blisterhouse :)

Prime
11-18-2004, 07:12 PM
Wow, this might be worth inserting disk in drive. :)

Nokill
11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
this is the best thing sinds my dog eat all my school books :D

:p NOT!..

mediablitz
11-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Nevermind. The clan that owns this server seems to have turned it into an rpg server or something. I knew it was too good to be true.

DruggedSith
11-20-2004, 07:10 AM
Want guns? Play CTF

acdcfanbill
11-20-2004, 08:25 AM
i want guns and to play ffa/tffa sometimes. and yea, i was just on that server today, and only jump was enabled and no guns, and dude was whining to me about laming him, and told me to go read the rules on his clansite...

DruggedSith
11-20-2004, 08:43 AM
Yuck. There are no real good ffa guns servers. I ffa
often in SO servers. Chance for me to actually use a
saber. Otherwise CTF>*

BTW bill I own you.

<3 Vico

mediablitz
11-20-2004, 01:36 PM
There is more to guns in jk series than just ctf. 1v1 dm is basically dead, compared to jk2. people are scared of losing I think. The only person I can ever get to Deathmatch with me is JaX.

JKA needs a few new servers.

1) a 1v1 dm dedicated and passworded server that also doubles for tdm

2) A true DM server full weapon/force

The problem is that 99% of JKA are truly complete newbies, and are so far behind the full weapon community that they just stick with saber only. I've tried to spread it, but it always ends up in "guns are for newbs" and "omfg d00l me fag!!!!" or something. In JK2, newbies would get owned and want to be as good or better than the person who owned them. Maybe this new wave is just more spoiled or something. JKA is a weird game
It's kind of like a super moronic ancient greece where each server is like a seperate and isolated city-state. Each server wants to complete this illusion that their clan or group are super elites, and anyone who comes on their server and destroys this illusion with superior skill gets punished with admin commands or what not. This is a typical JKA experience for me on a server:

I will go on the server and kill one of the clan members. They will try to gang up on me, and I will simply rape them all. One or two of the admins will empower themselves and try to grip kick me. Since it's impossible to break the grip of an empowered ja+ newbie mod admin, I always go lightside, absorb when they grip me, and just heal over and over with the force the grip is giving me. Quite a few times at this point I hear words like "Cheater", and "WTF he has infinate health!". Usually I proceed with beating down the empowered admins for a few minutes until they give up on that and just punish me or kick me. This is not good gaming.

mediablitz
11-20-2004, 01:46 PM
The server I posted is now set on saber only, no force, ffa_bespin. I went on the server and there were 6 of them standing around the pad saber dueling. Waves of horrible JK2 saber newbie flashbacks ran through my head. I ran up and started kicking them into the pit, and was punished with the words "No laming" and "Get off the pad". Disgusting.

Rumor
11-20-2004, 07:34 PM
yo crazy off the wall music lover, hit me up in irc, got something important to talk to you about.

(talking to egoslavia)

sircursealot
11-21-2004, 05:55 AM
[shameless plug]Want guns? 64.37.104.190:29070[/shameless plug]

DruggedSith
11-21-2004, 08:27 AM
I hear ya Analog.

With the flood of MP FPS on the market and JKA
basically an Outcast expansion pack no one thinks
of Academy for gunplay. Most diehard fraggers are
turned off by force powers anyway.

As a diehard CTF gunner its frustrating because of
the lack of good servers (there are 1 or 2). FFA/ Duel
will go on strong for some time because for the Rpg'ers
sabers are the main attraction.

Gunners have a host of other games to play and they've
moved on for the most part.

Amidala from Chop Shop
11-21-2004, 10:54 AM
I've seen a server that is full weapon, full Force, default Force regeneration, and default saber damage. It has only 4 slots for 1 vs. 1 deathmatch or 2 vs. 2 TDM, with voting on to change maps or gametype. It's called Old School Deathmatch-TDM 24.21.33.23

mediablitz
11-22-2004, 04:54 PM
Wow, that server is amazing Amidala. Thanks for the link. For that siege server, I tried it for like 5 minutes (about the 3rd time I have ever played siege) and your members kicked me for saying that siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. Siege is for people who suck too bad to play CTF I guess.

sircursealot
11-22-2004, 06:11 PM
Not going to start a pointless siege vs. CTF debate (unless you really want to... haha), but I don't see how having guns as the primary weapon as opposed to sabers makes it unbalanced. I realize that it is something new to you, but not being skilled in it does not make it slow, boring, or unbalanced.

mediablitz
11-22-2004, 08:20 PM
Hmm...you must be missing something here. I'm a full weapon CTF player named Mediablitz. I've been playing full weapon since jk2. If we would 1v1 with full weapons I would neg you. Siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. CTF vs siege is a joke. I could get 3 CTF guys right now who probably (like me) have only played siege a few times, and beat any siege clan in the game. But if those siege clans came to CTF they would get raged beyond all belief. Siege takes no experience or skill to master. It's easy.

Rumor
11-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by AnalogSaint
Hmm...you must be missing something here. I'm a full weapon CTF player named Mediablitz. I've been playing full weapon since jk2. If we would 1v1 with full weapons I would neg you. Siege is slow, boring, and unbalanced. CTF vs siege is a joke. I could get 3 CTF guys right now who probably (like me) have only played siege a few times, and beat any siege clan in the game. But if those siege clans came to CTF they would get raged beyond all belief. Siege takes no experience or skill to master. It's easy.

Quoted for truth. I could install this game and play with media and beat any team around.

Now don't even try to argue, as it is pointless, just ask the denizens of this forum.

razorace
11-23-2004, 09:19 AM
Well, I can vouch for the fact that you guys talk tough. Have no idea if you can back it up or not.

But frankly, I don't really care. Your skills as a player really doesn't effect how important your opinion is.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 01:09 PM
My skills as a player reflect the going on 4 years I have been playing Jedi Knight series games. There simply isn't anything about these games I don't know. Siege is a horrible gametype. The JK series games have always had a rather wide splash radius. This was always balanced by the fact that in JK series one can jump extremely high, run extremely fast, ect. In siege everyone is reduced to a snails pace, it takes 0 skill to do anything in that gametype. If you doubt this and think you are some sort of weapons god, let me know and I will be happy to arrange a 1v1 of some sort.

TK-425
11-23-2004, 01:54 PM
Quit talking down seige:mad:
Anyway I for one would like to see more guns only servers:)
And seige severs:D

Btw I am not a weapons god but I may be interested in a ctf game with you:) Just to see how good I am.

Rumor
11-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by TK42235
Quit talking down seige:mad:
Anyway I for one would like to see more guns only servers:)
And seige severs:D

Btw I am not a weapons god but I may be interested in a ctf game with you:) Just to see how good I am.

Siege is fun on LAN, i used to play it once in a while at LANs, 10v10 and it was very fun, but that doesn't make it hard ;).

sircursealot
11-23-2004, 04:42 PM
Analog, you make me laugh. Yes, it's easy to dislike something you're not good at. Any diehard fan of the game, be it sieger or CTFer, will tell you that siege has a lot more strategic depth. It takes more to win than standing at your flag with a rocket launcher or running through the enemy's base with level 3 speed and absorb. I find it ridiculous how a single player can have 5 or 6 weapons, a plethora of force powers, and powerful dual lightsabers. I find it much more balancing when there are different classes and each player has a different role. Jedi are agile and can get to key points quickly. Techs supply and heal the team. Assaults take down objectives and spread the enemy's defence, etc.
I'm not gonna try to convince you that siege is better, because that is purely subjective, but I do consider these valid points.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 04:56 PM
You are talking out your ass. I just pointed out that anyone who has played jedi knight series for any amount of time can easily master siege in under 2 weeks. It's easy. There is very little strategic depth, and very little skill. I'd be happy to demonstrate in a match if you have a clan or something.

However, CTF is not so easy to master. If you doubt this, I could demonstrate that in a match with your clan as well. You can just put your hands to your ears and refuse to hear the truth, but siege is a dumb and easy gametype. You say there is no balance to full weapon ctf? Everyone is even in cull weapon CTF in terms of available force powers, abilities, and weapons they can use. If you can't hang in full weapon ctf then you just aren't good jk series player, frankly. You say all CTF is is level 3 absorb, speed, and rocket launcher. I could keep you from even getting near the flag with ease, and then cap on you everytime with no problem. Clearly there is more to it than just that since I can completely house you at it.

Someone wanted to see if they were any good at ctf. If you want to see how good you are go to Refresh 1 server under the ctf section
^4Re^5fresh^11-PUG|9999ms|68.216.1.2:29070

Which is currently down for some reason. When and if it is down you can visit

^3The Cereal Bowl!|76ms|67.15.17.87:29070

The best players left in the game play on those servers. The password is ctfpug. You can't just enter the game. It's a pick up game server. You have to wait until the start of the next game for the captains to pick teams. I'm sure you'll see me there sometime if you last more than 5 minutes before fleeing back to your newb server to comfort yourself.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 05:07 PM
This is an old video from the best jk2 clan, DSbr. It's quite famous amoung serious jk2 vets.

http://own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=386

You cannot watch that and tell me that siege is more elite than ctf. It's really laughable. Go to one of the servers I posted or watch that vid and move onto some other argument where you aren't being a buffoon

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 05:21 PM
TK, i'll be here for about an hour if you want to see what you can do

Old School Deathmatch-TDM|145ms|24.21.33.23:29070

TK-8252
11-23-2004, 05:25 PM
*Ahem*

I'm TK.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 05:27 PM
same goes for you. i'll be on that server if you want to 1v1 full weapon

TK-8252
11-23-2004, 05:30 PM
I quit playing JA a long time ago.

SWBF > JA :)

TK-425
11-23-2004, 05:45 PM
1-)I like seige I dont care how easy it is I just like it so I didnt like it when you say it is a stupid gametype you are intitled to your opinion but please make your point and keep the rest to yourself:)

2-)I am not a member of any clan

3-)I do not doubt that any gametype can be hard I would like a nice challange and I do not doubt full weapon CTF can be ballanced

4-)Simply JA+ STINKS

5-)DO NOT EQUATE ME WITH THOSE JA+ IDIOTS

6-)*Ahem* I'm TK, *Pttt*:lol:

razorace
11-23-2004, 06:08 PM
My skills as a player reflect the going on 4 years I have been playing Jedi Knight series games. There simply isn't anything about these games I don't know. Siege is a horrible gametype. The JK series games have always had a rather wide splash radius. This was always balanced by the fact that in JK series one can jump extremely high, run extremely fast, ect. In siege everyone is reduced to a snails pace, it takes 0 skill to do anything in that gametype. If you doubt this and think you are some sort of weapons god, let me know and I will be happy to arrange a 1v1 of some sort.

I don't exactly see how large splash radiuses ruin siege anymore than camping the flag with a rocket launcher ruins CTF.

And again, you're slipping back into the "I'm right because I'm a better player than you" argument.

Rumor
11-23-2004, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by razorace
I don't exactly see how large splash radiuses ruin siege anymore than camping the flag with a rocket launcher ruins CTF.

And again, you're slipping back into the "I'm right because I'm a better player than you" argument.

no, he's right because he's explored the game on a different level than most people here (code monkeying doesn't count ;)) and knows exactly what he is talking about. There is a reason why he is better than you. It is because he knows the mechanics better.

He is correct that the slow movement + bunny sized hops available in siege makes the weapons far more deadly than they would be otherwise.

also, "camping" the flag with a RL, is called flag defense, and it involves much more than camping.

I like you and all, ra, but that IS talking out of your ass.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 07:57 PM
look man, if you came and played CTF with the best CTF players you wouldn't be able to come close to keeping up. Any CTF player could easily keep up with even the best Siege players after a few days practice. Siege is too simple. It's like Raven never bothered to finish it or think it all out. I'm willing to prove how stupid it is by getting 3 guys together to 3v3 you and your buddies at siege.

FK | unnamed
11-23-2004, 08:22 PM
You know, I bet Chewbacca gets those little turd dingle-nuggets on his fur after he wipes his ass.
Not sure why I thought of that though.

Hi media, long time no see. Don't bother arguing with the people around here about game play mechanics, remember 9 out of 10 people who post here would perform oral on George Lucas for a look at the episode 3 script.

p.s.

Rumor is a fruit for pissing off the *BS* newbies and having them scrap our match.

razorace
11-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Rumor
He is correct that the slow movement + bunny sized hops available in siege makes the weapons far more deadly than they would be otherwise.

More deadly doesn't translate to the gametype being stupid. While the rockets are more deadly, the rocket carrying classes have less ammo and have to rely on other classes to complete critical mission objectives.

Anyway, I agree that siege mode feels like a partially completed mode. But I don't think that's Raven fault. From the looks of things, Raven came up with the siege concept a LONG time ago but it was cut back when LEC decided to make a full game dedicated to the concept (IE Battlefront).

Since you guys feel strongly about the subject, why not do something about it? I'm sure you guys have some ideas on how to improve siege. Maybe I could impliment them at some point.

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 10:59 PM
Here is my idea for a siege mod. Add two flags on oppositie ends of the map. Get rid of the classes and all of that, just let people choose whatever force powers they want. Then set up all the mechanics exactly like the regular version of the game. Then each team tries to capture the flag of the other team and then return it to their base for the score.

UJ, my ban record in jka is reaching epic proportions

mediablitz
11-23-2004, 11:00 PM
Where is Kurgan newbie board admin? Kurgan give me back my other accounts that you banned

TK-425
11-24-2004, 02:07 AM
I dont think Kurgan wants to get into this mess:rolleyes:
But if it is seige classes that you think is the problem I have a mod(the seige classes wer mostly fixed by TK-8252)that makes the seige classes more ballanced and realistic and fixes alot of other things for JA not being very realistic

go here for more information
http://www.forumforfree.com/forums/index.php?mforum=realismprojectm&act=ST&f=13&t=9

and I am on my computer until 7 am CSTime I can 1v1 now whare are you?

And I dont really care about EPIII until its out

Rumor
11-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by FK | unnamed
You know, I bet Chewbacca gets those little turd dingle-nuggets on his fur after he wipes his ass.
Not sure why I thought of that though.

Hi media, long time no see. Don't bother arguing with the people around here about game play mechanics, remember 9 out of 10 people who post here would perform oral on George Lucas for a look at the episode 3 script.

p.s.

Rumor is a fruit for pissing off the *BS* newbies and having them scrap our match.

its not scrapped, just on hold atm. looking for a good server host because i'm not playing on their server because of #1 its a pos and #2 they are *BS*.

mediablitz
11-24-2004, 10:25 AM
I private messaged you while you were online yesterday, I suppose you missed it. I also waited on that server for about an hour yesterday (I know you saw my message, you were on the forum that whole hour.). If I see you on again i'll give you another shot. Siege sucks man, none of us care about it at all. There is no way to fix it without completely changing the gametype and making all new maps.

sircursealot
11-24-2004, 12:55 PM
Analog, I love how you say I'm talking out of my ass when you haven't made a single valid point. Your whole arguement can be summed up in "OMG CTF IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO LOL!!!! SIEGE SUCKS AND IS FOR NOOBS BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU LOL!!!!"
Sorry, but I don't argue with idiots (or people who act idiotic... haven't decided which one you are yet...).

razorace
11-24-2004, 02:05 PM
Siege sucks man, none of us care about it at all. There is no way to fix it without completely changing the gametype and making all new maps.That's pretty vague.

TK-425
11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
I private messaged you while you were online yesterday, I suppose you missed it. I also waited on that server for about an hour yesterday (I know you saw my message, you were on the forum that whole hour.). If I see you on again i'll give you another shot. Siege sucks man, none of us care about it at all. There is no way to fix it without completely changing the gametype and making all new maps.

What you mean this?
"boo" :
"do you still want to 1v1 me"
What good does that do:rolleyes:

Sorry about you waiting so long I did reply with this though
"RE: boo" :
"Yes I do but I cant now how about somware between 6 & 7 am CSTime and I have to warn you my connection is pretty bad so I can not have a bunch of players in one server"

That is the time period I will be able to play online or from 6 to 6:30 or 7:30 to 8 pm CSTime thanks for giving me another chance btw:)

And who is us? Plus I dont frankly care if "us" dosnt like it I like it and other people do to. CTF is cool to. But like I said you are entitled to your opinion, BUT so are we:)

Maybe we should set up a time and place down to the day and hour:)

mediablitz
11-24-2004, 04:46 PM
It's not an opinion. CTF takes more skill and has more depth. All you can say is "I have more fun in siege". You certainly can't say it's the superior gametype in terms of complexity or time required to master, ect. But since you are so determined to have me break it down for you like a child I will. I will make the following statements and you can tell me which one you think is untrue. Then we can find out who is wrong and who is right.

1) CTF takes much more skill to be good at than siege
2) CTF is a more complex gametype than siege
3) CTF has much more depth than siege, and as a result, takes much longer to get good at or master.
4) CTF is a more solid gametype with none of the bugs and imbalance of siege, such as the horrible desert map which is riddled with cheap game ruining bugs, and the retardedly simple korriban map. The only decent map, Hoth, is also a no brainer. The winning formulas are all too easy to see. I played siege and found it an insult to my intelligence as a gamer.

TK4...seriously man. You shouldn't even be in this argument. After our 1v1 it's plain you've never played multiplayer before.

mediablitz
11-24-2004, 04:58 PM
True story, I decided to play siege again today and was on this one popular server. I got up to go to the bathroom and when I came back my cat had jumped up on the computer desk. It was walking on my keyboard, rubbing up against the monitor and stuff.
When I looked at the board, my cat was OWNING ALL!!!! I let her go at it for a few minutes and she got the high score.

TK-425
11-24-2004, 05:20 PM
^ It must have been a JA+ server:lol:

Anyway you have to understand

1-)By weapons only I stupidly thought it was no saber gameplay(but I know you didnt use a saber much:))but I am terible with MP sabers

2-)My computer and connection is fairly low end

3-)Playing 1v1 made me realise how unfamiliar with the ffa maps I was I would like to play CTF with you though ffa with a bunch of players causing lag isnt my idea of 1v1;)

4-)For a long time I have played siege recently because my computer would let me before and I have become fairly good at it(the only map I really do like is Hoth the Kor map stinks)

I never said that siege was a better gamtype I do commend you on your skills and CTF can and is probably more chalanging but it doesnt make it a better gametype I think that both are challanging but I think that CTF is more than that of siege but I still have more fun playing siege somtimes

To tell you the truth I just didnt like you saying it is a crapy gametype just cuz you dont find it highly challanging other people do(not me but I enjoy playing it)you are a very good player but other people dont have 4 years under there belts:)

I would like to challange you to a real 1v1 Hoth siege with my mod wich includes enhanced more realistic more ballanced siege classes do you accept?

sircursealot
11-24-2004, 05:50 PM
Once again, you offer no reasoning to any of your points, but rather give a weak and childish "X is better than Y" arguement. Once again, you throw out statements without anything to back it up. Try again.

mediablitz
11-24-2004, 08:05 PM
I don't want to back up anything until I know which one of those statements you disagree with. Clearly you are an extreme newbie, but maybe we can come to an understanding.

TK, if you lag out that bad in a server with 3 people on it ffaing, there is no way you can play ctf. I'm not going to talk **** to you because it's obvious you havn't played more than 10 hours of multiplayer Jedi knight series. I can only say that you have no chance against me in this game at your current experience level. You really have no business in this discussion. But then again, neither does Sircursealot and that other guy. Neither of them have a clue either.

mediablitz
11-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Sircursealot, i'm going to break this down for you on a retard level.
When an unexperienced player can easily hang with and even defeat an experienced player in a gamemode, it's clear that there is not much depth to that gamemode. I'm willing to prove this can happen by getting a team of ctf players to own any of your clans at siege. Just to show how easy it is. None of us have much experience in it, you guys have alot of experience in it. I'm confident I can get a team to beat any of you. 3's or 4's. There is a reason why basically anyone with any JK2 experience can easily master the gametype in a day or two at most.

This is not possible with CTF. If you feel i'm wrong, come prove your point by owning up in one of the CTF servers I posted, or accept some sort of match with a group I assemble. 3's or 4's.

Rumor
11-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by sircursealot
Analog, I love how you say I'm talking out of my ass when you haven't made a single valid point. Your whole arguement can be summed up in "OMG CTF IS BETTER CAUSE I SAY SO LOL!!!! SIEGE SUCKS AND IS FOR NOOBS BECAUSE I SAID SO AND I'M BETTER THAN YOU EVEN THOUGH I DON'T KNOW YOU LOL!!!!"
Sorry, but I don't argue with idiots (or people who act idiotic... haven't decided which one you are yet...).

There is a reason we've never heard of you ;) <3

media, just let them have fun playing siege and simply invite them to come play ctf, etc. as well. Vinegar and honey, yanno?

Druid Bremen
11-24-2004, 10:05 PM
It's not an opinion. CTF takes more skill and has more depth. All you can say is "I have more fun in siege". You certainly can't say it's the superior gametype in terms of complexity or time required to master, ect. But since you are so determined to have me break it down for you like a child I will. I will make the following statements and you can tell me which one you think is untrue. Then we can find out who is wrong and who is right.

1) CTF takes much more skill to be good at than siege
2) CTF is a more complex gametype than siege
3) CTF has much more depth than siege, and as a result, takes much longer to get good at or master.
4) CTF is a more solid gametype with none of the bugs and imbalance of siege, such as the horrible desert map which is riddled with cheap game ruining bugs, and the retardedly simple korriban map. The only decent map, Hoth, is also a no brainer. The winning formulas are all too easy to see. I played siege and found it an insult to my intelligence as a gamer.

TK4...seriously man. You shouldn't even be in this argument. After our 1v1 it's plain you've never played multiplayer before.

1) Its a matter of opinion. I find it takes much more teamwork to get far in the game than CTF.
2) How so? Complex? CTF is just, bring the opposing team's flag to your base. That's one objective. Siege has multiple objectives.
3) It is STILL a matter of opinion. A CTF master could well take ages to play Siege effectively (no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).
4) I would like to ask you if you have considered the length of time CTF has existed, and compare it with the time Siege has existed. ;) The winning formulas are easy to see, just as the winning formulas for CTF is easy to see. It is, after all, as you put it, simply taking the enemies' flag to your own base. So simple, eh?

TK-425
11-25-2004, 02:38 AM
Look, I dont have a much of a dissagreement with you on your points if anything I would be leaning twords druid I just think that cirtain gametypes are not judged by the challange level

Just answer this question do you think that a gametype should be judged by its challange answer yes or no

I dont know what happend I have had more than 10 hours of MP experiance I just havent recently I am not a MP god either I could do a true 1v1 with you just you and me on a server CTF and I doubt I would lag out

And please consider Rumor's idea;)

TK-425
11-25-2004, 04:28 AM
Wait a newb can beat an experianced player in siege and you dont find it a challange to play against a newb that can beat you in siege am I missing somthing?

Prime
11-25-2004, 06:42 AM
Nice to see that some things never change around here...

Rumor
11-25-2004, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Prime
Nice to see that some things never change around here...

Then you would only have posts about boring things, with nothing interesting to read ;) You know you love it.

Rumor
11-25-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Druid Bremen
1) Its a matter of opinion. I find it takes much more teamwork to get far in the game than CTF.
2) How so? Complex? CTF is just, bring the opposing team's flag to your base. That's one objective. Siege has multiple objectives.
3) It is STILL a matter of opinion. A CTF master could well take ages to play Siege effectively (no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).
4) I would like to ask you if you have considered the length of time CTF has existed, and compare it with the time Siege has existed. ;) The winning formulas are easy to see, just as the winning formulas for CTF is easy to see. It is, after all, as you put it, simply taking the enemies' flag to your own base. So simple, eh?

The you over-simplify too much.

The initial idea of ctf is very simple, but then the same can be said for CS. CTF? Get their flag and bring it back. The difficulty is not in acknowledging that, but in doing so. CS? Plant the bomb/defuse the bomb. Real simple, eh? Yet cs is the most popular, and one of the most absolutely complex games around, and ctf has a very large following across many many games and is equally complex.

Siege is in and of itself a very simplistic rip of various games such as assault in ut, stopwatch in et, etc. There is no evasion, there is no truly effective setting up of crossfire (weak weapons partly)

A ctf master does not need more than 5 minutes to run through the map and find the objectives before he is ready to play, and win.

(no, I don't mean running around and sabering people; I mean cooperating with your teammates to finish your objectives).

Who the hell do you think you're talking to? A bunch of second-rate newbies who've never played anything other than Zork for the past 15 years? You've obviously not read this thread very thoroughly.

bah gotta go carve the turkey i may continue this later :o~

BTW

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

sircursealot
11-25-2004, 10:13 AM
*sigh* Should I even bother arguing with you Analog? You give points that are purely opinionative and don't even have anything to back it up with.
Whatever, it's obvious you don't know anything about siege. As for your little challenge, I'm sure my clan would love to rape your little ragtag team.

Rumor
11-25-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by sircursealot
*sigh* Should I even bother arguing with you Analog? You give points that are purely opinionative and don't even have anything to back it up with.
Whatever, it's obvious you don't know anything about siege. As for your little challenge, I'm sure my clan would love to rape your little ragtag team.

oh **** you just turned your ass into a fertile yard. I'm sure there will be plenty of people to plant the grass.

FK | unnamed
11-25-2004, 10:55 AM

UJ, my ban record in jka is reaching epic proportions

Star wars nerd raging is without a doubt the single most rewarding element of the Jedi knight series.

;)

Rad Blackrose
11-25-2004, 11:09 AM
Oh gee, I get a link from Rumor today that leads to a board I swore should have been killed sooner or later if Darwinism were to hold true.

It never fails to amuse me that every week, some dip**** decides to set himself/herself up for the "Prolific Dumbass Newbie of the Week" award. It's nice to see that we finally have a few candidates, rather than one. Hell, why don't we award them all. It will save us the trouble and the time.

Since day one, Siege has not been just easy, but retarded easy. It's so easy, a team from the Special Olympics could probably give the best siege clan a run for their money. "Oh, but you need teamwork!" Yeah, teamwork in order to get something out of weapons that could be rivaled by Stone Age technology. I bet me throwing a rock at the AT-ST in Hoth could have more effect against it than the piece of **** rocket launcher.

It's rather sad when you think some UT-Assault rip off, which is linear at best, is a superior gametype in a ****ty game overall.

Prime
11-25-2004, 11:17 AM
Then you would only have posts about boring things, with nothing interesting to read ;) You know you love it. I would never suggest otherwise! :D

mediablitz
11-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Hey UJ, how about you and Kos make a comeback and let's beat these newbs asses at siege? That would be most classic and hilarious. Nothing going on in Doom 3 until it's patched up anyways man. come have some fun

mediablitz
11-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I accept your siege challenge, regardless, and I will let you know when I have a team ready. I assume you guys do something like 3v3 on hoth, since the other maps are total garbage. Would you like to full weapon 1v1 me in the meantime?

Rumor
11-25-2004, 12:11 PM
heh i've played ja guns once, but i'd be happy to 1v1 anyone here in jk2 full guns or saberonly ff.

FK | unnamed
11-25-2004, 12:28 PM
Hey UJ, how about you and Kos make a comeback and let's beat these newbs asses at siege? That would be most classic and hilarious. Nothing going on in Doom 3 until it's patched up anyways man. come have some fun

I'm game.
Never played siege a single time, but if it has guns and it requires aim to kill things, I have no doubt this will be a breeze.
set it up.

TK-425
11-25-2004, 01:48 PM
Well you might not think Siege is fun or challenging but we do. You are probably better than most of us but that doesn't mean your god and your right all of the time. We have fun playing Siege and you enjoy playing CTF no matter how challenging either is I see them as being just as good by considering that both have certain factors in my mind that outweigh the other in the same category and but it depends on every persons opinion and the persons playing the game.
So I don't think either is better than the other. I don't care how challenging you don't find Siege I(we) find it challenging in some ways and very fun if you don't like it don't play it we will. You can go play CTF and I am sure some of us will join you in a CTF game sometimes but we like Siege so don't flame us for liking something you don't. Scientifically your statement that CTF is more challenging than Siege is considered an opinion

Look, I have better things to do than debate which is better when I don't think either is better so I don't think you will see me in this thread anymore so see you around

And no I mean just one on one you and me on siege hoth as you see my connection is crap if there are a lot of players on one server(btw there wer up to 5 players last time after that it was down hill from there). Anyway I would like to 1v1 you to I fixed some of the problem with the lag it was cg_rendertexturetofx enabled always hangs up my computer I dont want argue anymore I have better things to do. I would like to 1v1 you though probably a brighter map cuz that vjun map was terribly dark:)

mediablitz
11-26-2004, 05:55 AM
I'm game.

Nice. You and Kos were my two choices for this.

sircursealot, i'm getting people who havn't even played jka in almost a year to join my team. I need to know exactly what details you want in our match with your siege clan. I would prefer 3v3 on hoth. I don't want this to be one of those newbie fests where you guys talk smack over and over then just refuse to match after I go to all the trouble of getting my team together. I need to know where you stand. I saw you on the forum last night and pm'd you twice asking for a 1v1 and a discussion about our siege match, but you chose not to respond.
Don't write a check your ass can't cash newbie, I want to have this match sometime at the end of next week at the latest.

mediablitz
11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
As for siege vs CTF, it takes seriously 10x as much effort, skill and time to master strafe jumping alone as it does to master siege. That's just one small aspect of CTF that one has to master to be truly good at it. The bottomline is i'm showing you that jk2 vets are totally willing to come own you at a gametype we don't play. I don't see any of you newbies stepping up to the plate on a CTF match. You know that we would rape you senseless.

sircursealot
11-26-2004, 10:24 AM
Very well, I'll talk to some clan members and see if anyone is interested.
As for a 1v1, I never received any PM, but if you really want, I could reinstall JA and take you on. No promises of skill, as I've only played TFFA twice, both times on a LAN.

EDIT: Looks like I did receive those PM's. The PM alert system here is horrible (as in, non-existant).

mediablitz
11-26-2004, 10:57 AM
After all this **** talk, yeah, i'd like to 1v1 you as well.

Darth Kaan
11-26-2004, 12:50 PM
All I have to say about this whole thing is I hope Rumor or UJ record a demo of any 1 vs 1 or the siege game and offer it for download. :D

Rumor
11-26-2004, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Darth Kaan
All I have to say about this whole thing is I hope Rumor or UJ record a demo of any 1 vs 1 or the siege game and offer it for download. :D

Holy **** where have you been?

Darth Kaan
11-26-2004, 04:51 PM
Playing COD mostly, but going on laming rampages in JA every so often for personal amusement. Glad to see your still here. I see kaoticz is back! You got a mIRC channel?

Rumor
11-26-2004, 07:57 PM
Playing COD mostly, but going on laming rampages in JA every so often for personal amusement. Glad to see your still here. I see kaoticz is back! You got a mIRC channel?

Heh, we played cod when it came out, and then died of boredom when the 1.2 patch hit and went inactive, and played other games. Playing cs now, which has a thriving competitive community.

irc: #kaoticz on irc.gamesurge.net

Darth Kaan
11-27-2004, 04:49 AM
:D

I'll drop by mIRC soon. Is Plaz doing the CS thing too? I saw Myth is by lurking the forum.

Please post any new demos you record man.

Rumor
11-27-2004, 10:49 AM
none from ja/jk2, but i have demos of a cal-im team telling me to turn my aimbot off ~~

as for plaz, he's playing source, afaik.

Prime
11-27-2004, 07:30 PM
You know that we would rape you senseless. Classy.

Rumor
11-27-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by Prime
Classy.

*Classic.

Prime
11-29-2004, 06:17 AM
So is this Uber Game still on or what?

Pnut_Man
11-29-2004, 07:50 AM

Ah, that itself is classic...

Though we've all (for the most part) drained JA to death, and desperately attempted to rejuvenate the game with countless mods, we still find that laming provides unlimited entertainment.

As long as JA possesses those that uphold 'teh honourz', I will have a reason to keep this game on my comp ;)

Btw, hilarious thread...

mediablitz
11-29-2004, 02:52 PM
The siege guys seem to have abandoned this thread. I don't blame them. Just more mouthy newbies who talk **** until it comes to the point where they have to back it up or run like hell. Like most newbies, they ran like hell.

Kurgan
11-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Hi guys!

I have been pretty scarce around here in the past week, because I've been spending time with my family and took a break from the forums.

But, I should be back (well, I'm a little busy this week too, but hopefully soon).

Here's what I'll say about this thread (and those like it):

I'm GLAD to see people getting excited about JA and playing it (perhaps coming back to the game or trying something new after awhile). I DON'T CARE if people challenge each other and even trash talk a little (within reasonable limits of course, I'm not talking full blown flaming or whatnot).

The key here is that talk on the forums is one thing... "proving your skills" is done in the game itself. ; )

So get out there and show your stuff!

As to debating which game mode is "better" or "takes more skill," well I have my opinions, if you really want to hear 'em, do some searches and you'll see what I've wrote lots of times over the past year or so. I know what I like, and I know what works for me, no need to repeat it endlessly, since I know that won't change anyone's mind! Though sometimes I've been able to get people to try new things, so it's tempting, but no thanks... heh

Darth Kaan
12-02-2004, 07:37 AM
Hey Kurg glad to see you back! Funny sig pic and all. :-)

Sam Fisher
12-02-2004, 07:44 AM
I think that the laming rampages on clan servers runnning JA+ get me the most out of JA :D

mediablitz
12-02-2004, 09:25 AM
This thread is the perfect example of what is wrong with this game. Siege RPG newbies come and talk trash, then disappear when a challenge is issued. I don't know who any of you are except for UJ and Rumor, but I don't see any of you on Refresh or the competitive servers either.

Sam Fisher
12-02-2004, 10:02 AM
Whats Refresh?

Rumor
12-02-2004, 10:11 AM
refresh is a community of competitive jk2/ja players who still play the game.

honestly media, i've only played guns once during the draft league, and i probably wouldn't be welcome on refresh anyway.

Sam Fisher
12-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Hmm.. I usually play on Blisterhouse...

Even the bots are more entertaining than some players.

mediablitz
12-02-2004, 05:32 PM
The refresh crowd is not like the old DSbr crowd that would kick people just for not being hardcore elite. Tons of newbies go to refresh...they just don't get picked. Refresh servers are pick up games. Two captains pick teams. These servers remain the only thing close to serious gaming in jka. However, I get annoyed with that crowd sometimes. They take forever to pick teams and chat too much. But it's still way better than anything else in jka, and a few of the players have genuine skill. JaX is probably as good as any gunner to ever play JK series, and Supes, Hood, and Bluestar are all very elite.

^4Re^5fresh^11-PUG|76ms|68.216.1.2:29070

and

^1((^5PICK^4UP^5GAME^4z^1))|78ms|64.246.15.154:290 70

Rumor
12-02-2004, 06:31 PM
other than supes, jax, hood, blue, the rest are complete trash. Just wanna be leet kids who cry like babies if something doesn't go their way. That said, some of them are nice guys.

Druid Allanon
12-02-2004, 09:12 PM
Analog, the servers you mentioned are password-protected. At least they are, when the servers are empty. What's the passwords?

Rumor
12-02-2004, 10:23 PM
thats because they are for pug's. they aren't pubs.

if the pass is the same as it was last year, it is "ctfpug"

Druid Allanon
12-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Alright, I'll go in to have a look sometime. Thanks.

mediablitz
12-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Not all the rest are trash. Anber is very strong. Some of the euros are pretty damn good as well. Foa has got some vicious aim as well

Kurgan
12-03-2004, 01:55 AM
I remember one time (back in the day) on my Meatgrinder server I was hosting FFA, and I was listening in on the chat (from the ded server panel, this was before I hosted on with JediServers). The people were talking like RPG players.

"No, no, you guys have to all be stormtroopers! We're the rebels!"

So I figured I'd give these guys something to "play" and switched it to Siege.

I was happy 'cause they were trying it for the first time and sounded very excited. They were even trying to complete objectives.

It was pretty cool, 'cause here you have these guys who didn't even know this other world existed, and they were giving it an honest try.

So sometimes you can introduce people to new things and at least get them to broaden their horizons. ; )

If you're going to role play, role play that you're a team fighting against the other team to accomplish your goals. Heh... whatever works.

Amidala from Chop Shop
12-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Sam Fisher
Whats Refresh?

http://www.firetrill.com/forums

Keep an eye on the Refresh server with the All Seeing Eye or Qtracker. Most evenings you will see a normally empty server suddenly become full. Use the password (ctfpug) to join but do not leave Spectator unless you are picked for a team (they will probably kick you if don't obey that rule). They basically play only one map (mp/ctf4) so if you ever want to play there make sure you know that map like your own home.

It's a chance to watch some really good full Force full weapon CTF players. If you go there a few times and they get to know you will probably get a chance to play. That's why it's a good idea to just go and spectate so you can learn the best tactics to use against some of the regulars.

TK-425
12-04-2004, 05:59 AM
Well,... like I said I would play, exept my connection is crap with alot of people on the server.

Druid Allanon
12-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Amidala, can you tell me at which server do those people at the forum you mentioned hang out at? Gimme the ip, please. Thanks.

Rumor
12-05-2004, 04:10 AM

^4Re^5fresh^11-PUG|76ms|68.216.1.2:29070

and

^1((^5PICK^4UP^5GAME^4z^1))|78ms|64.246.15.154:290 70

Kurgan
12-09-2004, 09:18 AM
If all goes well, share up some demo files when you're done. ; )

acdcfanbill
12-10-2004, 12:32 PM
hey wait a min, im not complete trash, im ok-ish :p

oh, and yea, blisterhouse is cool for some souped up ffa with real weapons :D

GreenSmoke
12-15-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by mediablitz
The server I posted is now set on saber only, no force, ffa_bespin. I went on the server and there were 6 of them standing around the pad saber dueling. Waves of horrible JK2 saber newbie flashbacks ran through my head. I ran up and started kicking them into the pit, and was punished with the words "No laming" and "Get off the pad". Disgusting.

you can kick in base JA now?

TK-425
12-16-2004, 05:00 AM
Yes, You can. But only with the staff saber fully enabled.

mediablitz
12-16-2004, 06:08 AM
there is no jk2 style kicking in basejka, which basically renders half the gametypes unplayable

TK-425
12-16-2004, 06:30 AM
there is no jk2 style kicking in basejka, which basically renders half the gametypes unplayable
But there is kicking nontheless

GreenSmoke
12-16-2004, 07:51 AM

o ok i was just wondering how you're kicking people into pits w/o jk2 style kick

mediablitz
12-17-2004, 03:04 PM
tk4 you are clueless. do you even know what jk2 style kick is? that little front kick on saber staff is beyond useless.

There are mods which put the jk2 style kick back in. I was playing on a mod

[USA]-bLaSt
12-18-2004, 04:14 AM
tk4 you are clueless.... I was playing on a mod

Yes, he was playing a MOD as he did MANY times before he was banned for his "so-called" gaming skill (which we all know looks GREAT on ANY resume).

You were banned for being an ass.... much as you are everywhere else you go.

We set one of our 3 servers to Deathmatch or Instagib when we feel like it and there are NO rules... (other than foul language). We welcome everyone... EVERYONE.

I've watched you carry out this little campaign against my clan on multiple boards for weeks... with saying a word.

There's more to life than suckin **** man... you should get out more.

[Edit: Watch it with the flames, there buddy.]

TK-425
12-18-2004, 04:14 AM
No, I dont. But its still a kick and I can make use of it. I would like a link to that mod.

mediablitz
12-18-2004, 02:52 PM
I've watched you carry out this little campaign against my clan on multiple boards for weeks... with saying a word.

This is the only board i've mentioned your ungrateful newbie clan on. Blast, I barely said 5 words the whole time I was on your server, and then in response to your clan members who had gotten angry over me killing them over and over (on a server with no rules no less). I see through you. Your clan are saber only no force players. You made another server with full weapons and full force, but then quickly realized there are players out there who can completely house your whole clan at once in that gametype with ease. You really just wanted this server where you could rule over your clan like a god, and I threatened that with the fact that you can't compete with me, so you banned me.
You are a poor sport i'm afraid

Darth Kaan
12-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow. You guys don't have anything else better to do at Xmas than argue over skills in a computer game?

Rumor
12-18-2004, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by [USA]-bLaSt
Yes, he was playing a MOD as he did MANY times before he was banned for his "so-called" gaming skill (which we all know looks GREAT on ANY resume).

You were banned for being an ass.... much as you are everywhere else you go.

We set one of our 3 servers to Deathmatch or Instagib when we feel like it and there are NO rules... (other than foul language). We welcome everyone... EVERYONE.

There's more to life than suckin dick man... you should get out more.

USA has always been and always will be a bunch of crying rpg newbies. Weather it was "Waaah [SiN]-insertdicksuckersnamehere lamed me" or the next week "Waahh since we merged with that gay [SiN] clan they've been fags to us", and even the week after that you cry about yet another failed clan merger, or whatever is currently putting your panties in a twist.

In the future, turn off your extra pc that runs google searches for anything matching your team's name (or member's name) and pulling out your pre-made "omg i am kewl dewd!!4141five" retorts and go outside and either get some sun or freeze your ass off in the snow.

In the immortal words of fallen, stfu and stfd, newbie.

Rumor
12-18-2004, 09:06 PM
Wow. You guys don't have anything else better to do at Xmas than argue over skills in a computer game?

its not Christmas yet ;) still a week to go. That and i just got off work (****ing cold out there =().

[USA]-bLaSt
12-18-2004, 09:58 PM
USA has always been and always will be a bunch of crying rpg newbies. Weather it was "Waaah [SiN]-insertdicksuckersnamehere lamed me" or the next week "Waahh since we merged with that gay [SiN] clan they've been fags to us", and even the week after that you cry about yet another failed clan merger, or whatever is currently putting your panties in a twist.

In the future, turn off your extra pc that runs google searches for anything matching your team's name (or member's name) and pulling out your pre-made "omg i am kewl dewd!!4141five" retorts and go outside and either get some sun or freeze your ass off in the snow.

In the immortal words of fallen, stfu and stfd, newbie.

No idea what your talking about... never heard of SIN... have never merged with ANYONE... EVER. This has always been my clan since the day I started it.

Rumor
12-18-2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by [USA]-bLaSt
No idea what your talking about... never heard of SIN... have never merged with ANYONE... EVER. This has always been my clan since the day I started it.

Funny how you have the exact same skin, tag, etc. of that clan then.

sin aka [M0H]-

Its sad that newbies have to copy other newbies to get any ideas these days. At least back in the day they copied us =/

[USA]-bLaSt
12-19-2004, 03:59 AM
Funny how you have the exact same skin, tag, etc. of that clan then.

sin aka [M0H]-

Its sad that newbies have to copy other newbies to get any ideas these days. At least back in the day they copied us =/

If you say so.... :violin:

USA Marauder
12-19-2004, 08:28 AM
RPG newbie whiners huh? All you guys do on this forum is whine, moan, and bitch about well....anything and everything. A point I would like to mention, USA doesn't care about skill so it's pretty much unfathomable that we would kick someone for being better than us. Personally, I welcome a better player than me, it helps me become a better player in the long run. Heck, I went 30 matches with a dude name Clam and I only beat him like 3 times, even though I didn't win I still had fun and learned a thing or two.

You've bashed our clan on more than one forum there mediablitz. The other thread JASA got wind of and....well you know the rest;)

It seems that most of you that frequent this board don't have any fun playing jka at all. So ummm why do you play it or even talk about it. I play games for fun, I don't care about skill. If I don't have fun playing a game I...stop playing it (glares at his copy of apocalyptica on his shelf).

I'm sure I'll be called a stupid newbie or something or another (can't you guys come up with a better put down I mean come on)
but personally I don't care. And probably most of you guys could bash me up and down at this game, but again personally I don't care. All I know is that us at USA want to create a peaceful laid back environment for all the players of JKA out there that actually want to play the game without being put down, cussed at, and lamed.

Welp, I've said what I came to say and will now gladly take my leave from this den of negativity.

Sincerly the whiny rpg newbie bitch,
Marauder :)

Rumor
12-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by USA Marauder
RPG newbie whiners huh? All you guys do on this forum is whine, moan, and bitch about well....anything and everything. A point I would like to mention, USA doesn't care about skill so it's pretty much unfathomable that we would kick someone for being better than us. Personally, I welcome a better player than me, it helps me become a better player in the long run. Heck, I went 30 matches with a dude name Clam and I only beat him like 3 times, even though I didn't win I still had fun and learned a thing or two.

You've bashed our clan on more than one forum there mediablitz. The other thread JASA got wind of and....well you know the rest;)

It seems that most of you that frequent this board don't have any fun playing jka at all. So ummm why do you play it or even talk about it. I play games for fun, I don't care about skill. If I don't have fun playing a game I...stop playing it (glares at his copy of apocalyptica on his shelf).

I'm sure I'll be called a stupid newbie or something or another (can't you guys come up with a better put down I mean come on)
but personally I don't care. And probably most of you guys could bash me up and down at this game, but again personally I don't care. All I know is that us at USA want to create a peaceful laid back environment for all the players of JKA out there that actually want to play the game without being put down, cussed at, and lamed.

Welp, I've said what I came to say and will now gladly take my leave from this den of negativity.

Sincerly the whiny rpg newbie bitch,
Marauder :)

Shut up stupid newbie. (what can i say i'm tired, its simple...yeah...)

Nah, seriously though, 10 points for sticking up for your clan, but i've seen it many many many times, even from your clan, and yes, people who claim to "not care about skill" will kick someone who is destroying them. The whole line means, they don't care how much the person sucks, they'll still recruit them if they like them.

Whine, bitch, moan about anything and everything? Its a forum, but then i see no whining, bitching, or moaning passing my fingertips. Maybe once in a while i lament for the "community" hoping one day they will actually get a ****ing clue, although I am sure its in vain.

Also a bit of advice, you guys would never get so worked up 90% of the time if you just didn't give a damn about your avatar being made to respawn (omg yes they respawn with full health, what a concept!) during a pub. Actual matches i can see (although laming would be moot there, once a match starts anything goes), but a pub? Give me a break of your Kit-Kat bar please.

Sincerely the destroyer of your fragile world,

Rumor

USA Marauder
12-19-2004, 10:57 AM

Nah, seriously though, 10 points for sticking up for your clan, but i've seen it many many many times, even from your clan, and yes, people who claim to "not care about skill" will kick someone who is destroying them. .

If I saw my fellow clan members doing these things I would be even more pissed than mediablitz could ever be. Honestly rumor, I've never seen my fellow clan members act this way, ever.

Kurgan
12-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Hmm, I think I've been more than tolerant here but some people are abusing my laxity and going into "hot headed clan fanboy mode" and such.

There's a fine line between trash talking and useless flaming I suppose, but it's got to stop. You guys want to yell at each other like babies, find another forum to do it in, or settle your differences in game (say, on a neutral server of your mutual agreement?).

I'm sick and tired of hearing the back and forth whining about who is the bigger tool.

What started as a productive thread has gone down the tubes, thanks to some attitude problems, again...

Consider yourselves warned (that includes all of you flamewarriors above) and feel free to start a new thread without the crap.