PDA

View Full Version : First person shoting in KOTOR 2

starmark2k
11-19-2004, 01:57 PM
I saw this image on IGN.com http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/679/679264/img_2472150.html and it seems to show the ability to shoot in first person. this it proberly just you controling a turret to kill sith. But by the look of the cross-hair you are definatly controlling it. This does not seem to fit normal rpgs as this is based on the players accuracy rather than the characters skills.

Aleggy
11-19-2004, 02:37 PM
nice pic

but looking at it the gun thingy your controling looks similar to turret guns i've seen in kotor so from this piccy i would devise that your controling it from a computer, as in a turret gun with a camera so u can manually shoot the enemy with it or you can program the turret gun to shoot the enemy and you get to watch, similar to gasing a room in kotor

StoneDragon
11-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Good point.

Now that would be nice!

lukeiamyourdad
11-19-2004, 05:23 PM
It does look like somekind of machine gun.

Looks like fun :D

RedHawke
11-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I believe that is the new turret mini-game... for the Ebon Hawk. It is supposed to give us the "blasting out of Mos Eisly" feeling! :D

FiEND_138
11-19-2004, 11:01 PM
^^
Those were my thoughts as well, kind of. It could very well be, but the gun looks to be a bit far from the Hawk. Could just be the shots perspective though....

Venom750
11-20-2004, 05:53 AM
Just as you fly away Darth Sion comes in

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 05:05 AM
i just noticed if you read the ebon hawk part in the official website it says it has a rapid fire gun underneith (or somthing to that effect). so maybe its that you're controling

Prime
11-23-2004, 07:19 AM
Yep. Mini-game.

Emperor Devon
11-23-2004, 06:47 PM
I've read that there is a gun inside the Ebon Hawk, where you can either blast the sith troopers or kill 'em with your saber.

RedHawke
11-23-2004, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
I've read that there is a gun inside the Ebon Hawk, where you can either blast the sith troopers or kill 'em with your saber.
I could be wrong, but I believe, from what I can accertain from certain screenshots, that the Turret Mini-Game, will happen in a number of places, like on the entrance to the Ebon Hawk, or us being able to man a Heavy Repeating Blaster in a hangar near the Hawk, etc. If that is so then that would be a really cool addition to the game IMHO. :D

starmark2k
11-24-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I could be wrong, but I believe, from what I can accertain from certain screenshots, that the Turret Mini-Game, will happen in a number of places, like on the entrance to the Ebon Hawk, or us being able to man a Heavy Repeating Blaster in a hangar near the Hawk, etc. If that is so then that would be a really cool addition to the game IMHO. :D

agreed