PDA

View Full Version : "I pre-ordered KotOR 2 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!"

90SK
11-21-2004, 09:33 AM
I can't believe they are giving away free T-shirts with the pre-order of X-Box KotOR 2! And even worse, PC pre-ordering isn't even open yet! WHERE'S OUR T-SHIRTS????

*sob* (http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/kotor2/)

Edit: Also, it seems its spelled "Nihilis" not "Nihilus"

starmark2k
11-21-2004, 10:30 AM
It is a free gift. On some sites you don't get anything if you pre-order.

Eets
11-21-2004, 10:41 AM
It only comes in extra large. :D

90SK
11-21-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by starmark2k
It is a free gift on some sites you don't get anything if you pre-order.

They're giving it away free on some sites? Please, point me in the direction!

Edit: Ok, never mind on that. ;)

Cthik Xegony
11-21-2004, 04:02 PM
dont be mad, get gladd!

just cause us Xbox'ers are so much cooler 8)

Prime
11-21-2004, 06:17 PM
It looks lame, if you ask me...

RedHawke
11-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Prime
It looks lame, if you ask me...
Same here! :D LA could have done something better...

FiEND_138
11-21-2004, 07:42 PM
A T-Shirt :eyeraise:

Agrees with Prime & RedHawke.

starmark2k
11-21-2004, 11:54 PM
What do you people expect to get with it?
Another game?
gold plated watch?
A working lightsaber?
An intergalactic starship?
The Death Star?

Its a FREE gift, The best free gift i ever got was a mug that proberly cost 2 to make.

RedHawke
11-22-2004, 12:08 AM
^^^^
:eyeraise: But even a Mug is more useful than a T-Shirt!

What could LA have given as a free gift?

:roleyess: Oh I don't know, something like a special run of a Darth Revan and Darth Malak Action Figure Set or a HK-47 and T3-M4 Figure Set would have been cool, or a scantily clad Bastila figurine you could perch on your monitor or a shelf, something like that... free T-Shirts are really a lame freebie IMO. :D

Prime
11-22-2004, 05:21 AM
I don't mind that it is a t-shirt, I just think that the shirt looks lame.

lukeiamyourdad
11-22-2004, 06:04 AM
Might as well get a:"Hey Everyone! I'm a geek!" T-shirt...

Bastilla figurine...hmmm...with all the details...the lightsaber...the clothes...the curves...

ahem...

They once offered a keychain with some game. I don't remember. I think it was Battlefront or something.

PoM
11-22-2004, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
A T-Shirt :eyeraise:

Agrees with Prime & RedHawke.

:eek: !! [redhawke]Once again i agree with fiend[redhawke/]
Wait a minute... Fiend agreed with redhawke?

FiEND_138
11-22-2004, 08:37 AM
^^
:eyeraise:

I'd of much rather seen another lightsaber (http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/swkotor/default.htm) letter opener than a t shirt. Maybe they'll do something a bit more neat when the *PC version ships.

*Not intended to start the usual conversation of PC vs. XBox

stingerhs
11-22-2004, 09:07 AM
^^
:eyeraise:

I'd of much rather seen another lightsaber (http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/swkotor/default.htm) letter opener than a t shirt. Maybe they'll do something a bit more neat when the *PC version ships.

*Not intended to start the usual conversation of PC vs. XBox
a lightsaber letter opener??? :eyeraise:

now thats something i've never heard of before........:barf:

and now a t-shirt for tsl??? :eyeraise:

what next, kotor themed pencils???

FiEND_138
11-22-2004, 09:32 AM
^^
I like my lightsaber letter opener, especially when it's time to pay the bills. I can cut down the greedy corporate suits with my jedi weapon, in my mind.

Hey the sign says 'no staring' at the weird guy

:D

starmark2k
11-22-2004, 09:52 AM
again i have to say its a FREE Gift, you are not paying for it so why complain about, so you never use it. yets be honest here have you ever bought somthing for yourself and never used it? well its like that only without the whole it was a waste of money deal.

Also to lukeiamyourdad there is nothing wrong with wearing a starwars t-shirt, i have a 25 aniversary one (which happens to be a free gift) and i wear it around my university and the local market. yes i get the odd geek coment but i tell them where they can stick their comments.

I'm a geek, get use to it!

I can see the day when the geeks will rise up and take over this planet. mwahahahahahah

Sorry got a bit carried away there.

90SK
11-22-2004, 10:42 AM
Geeks already own the planet. Isn't that right, Mr.Gates?;)

Prime
11-22-2004, 11:30 AM
again i have to say its a FREE Gift, you are not paying for it so why complain about Because it is lame.

lukeiamyourdad
11-22-2004, 01:25 PM
Also to lukeiamyourdad there is nothing wrong with wearing a starwars t-shirt, i have a 25 aniversary one (which happens to be a free gift) and i wear it around my university and the local market. yes i get the odd geek coment but i tell them where they can stick their comments.

Let me rephrase.

It's like wearing a:"I'm never gonna get some" T-Shirt. Ahem...

A lightsaber letter opener is cool :D

They should give you useful stuff like that. Maybe a lightsaber/swiss army knife?

RedHawke
11-22-2004, 06:39 PM
again i have to say its a FREE Gift, you are not paying for it so why complain about
Beacuse they could have done better. Like the LS letter opener FiEND talked about. Something a lot less lame than a t-shirt... oh well. :)

I like my lightsaber letter opener, especially when it's time to pay the bills. I can cut down the greedy corporate suits with my jedi weapon, in my mind.
Now that was a cool and useful freebie. I like my Lightsaber Letter Opener as well. :D

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Let me rephrase.

It's like wearing a:"I'm never gonna get some" T-Shirt. Ahem...

Speak for yourself!

lukeiamyourdad
11-23-2004, 05:08 AM
Maybe I do :D

but no, I'm not going to wear a Star Wars T-Shirt in everyday life. Just to go to conventions or to wait in line to see Episode 3 :D

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 06:04 AM
Well thats your choise but i'm proud of being a geek.
There are more of us than people know.

And my signature is true soon that day will come... Whose side will you fight for.... Viva la Revolution

Darth333
11-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Well thats your choise but i'm proud of being a geek.
There are more of us than people know.

And my signature is true soon that day will come... Whose side will you fight for.... Viva la Revolution
In the meantime take the geek test in my sig :p

GEEKS RULE! But they don't need to wear SW t-shirts or taped eyeglasses :rolleyes: and they still could use that lightsaber letter opener without affecting their "look".

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
In the meantime take the geek test in my sig :p

GEEKS RULE! But they don't need to wear SW t-shirts or taped eyeglasses :rolleyes: and they still could use that lightsaber letter opener without affecting their "look".

I've just taken the test and i'm in mensa. and i know people in that who are not in the slightest bit geeky and i thought everyone knew what E=Mc^2 means and what the 3 measure ments of temperature are (Kelvin, celcius and faranheight)

By the way 0 kelvin is absolute zero (Just to prove how Geeky i am) and if you ask nicely i'll explain E=MC^2 to those who wish to know.

Darth333
11-23-2004, 07:03 AM
I've just taken the test and i'm in mensa. and i know people in that who are not in the slightest bit geeky and i thought everyone knew what E=Mc^2 means and what the 3 measure ments of temperature are (Kelvin, celcius and faranheight (sic))

By the way 0 kelvin is absolute zero (Just to prove how Geeky i am) and if you ask nicely i'll explain E=MC^2 to those who wish to know.
Good for you :) but you are not the only geek around here and many others know these things ;) However, even for those who don't know this stuff, it doesn't mean anything: there are different kinds of knowledge, interests and backgrounds.

stingerhs
11-23-2004, 07:04 AM
^^^^
heh, the funny thing is that i only knew the answer to those questions because i'm in college right now, and i have to know those things. :D

about the letter opener: the idea didn't appeal to me very much (don't get much mail to begin with, except credit card offers). besides, i got kotor for christmas last year as a gift. and as far as i know, it was bought @ best buy well after the pc release date. so, no letter opener for us. :dozey:

ps-my geek test score was like 27% or sumthin along those lines....

(guess this means i'm fairly normal ;))

starmark2k
11-23-2004, 07:22 AM
Yeah i was only joking

Prime
11-23-2004, 08:12 AM
and what the 3 measure ments of temperature are (Kelvin, celcius and faranheight) You lose 100 geek points for butchering the spelling of "Fahrenheit".

lukeiamyourdad
11-23-2004, 08:12 AM
I know what the mesures of temperatures are. Took a chemistry class;)

You should also know that fahrenheit isn't used for anything anymore. Except for people who don't want to change to the metric system.

Knowledge doesn't come with geekiness :D

EDIT: LOL! I got 8.08679% on the geek test :D

stingerhs
11-23-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
You should also know that fahrenheit isn't used for anything anymore. Except for people who don't want to change to the metric system.
everybody say it with me: a-mer-i-cans. ;)

lukeiamyourdad
11-23-2004, 06:05 PM
I remember my economics teacher telling a little story. True story really happened.

Scientists from around the world sent a probe to Mars(or was it Venus?). Well, the American scientist, instead of programming the trajectory of the probe using the metric system, he programmed it using the Imperial system. The ground controllers, however, used the metric system. Guess what happened?

Yes, the probe crashed because the American scientist didn't program the probe using the metric system. Seriously, scientists worldwide are using the metric system...

Anyway, back on topic...what was it already?

starmark2k
11-24-2004, 07:28 AM
How can we deviate from a subject so easily, it went from free gifts to probes sent to mars.

90SK
11-24-2004, 08:55 AM
The only reason I started this thread was because I though "I pre-ordered KotOR 2 and all I got was this stupid T-shirt!" And then I was like, "Hey, thats a good line!" And then I was like, "Does anyone know about this?" So I posted a thread.

:jab1

UrchSr
11-24-2004, 02:30 PM
I pre ordered at EB Games and got 20% (?) off of the stradegy guide by Prima!! Yeah!! I get the privledge of reading the entire game and never have to play it!! At 20% (?) off!! Is that that new thing called sarcasm?

A tee would have been better. I wear XXL, though. I could brand my wife as a geek and give it to her, you know, mark my territory for all geek kind...

(Attention:all females in the forum, I'm kidding... I wouldn't "mark" her in any way... That would be sexist...)

(Attention all males in the forum, The next time a lady friend wants a certain ring that preceeds another ring... Tell her it's like marking teritory and say they are sexist)

lukeiamyourdad
11-24-2004, 04:13 PM
:eyeraise: Marking your territory? You mean like peeing on her? :eyeraise:

Nah just kidding :p

What's the point of even making a strategy guide for an RPG? Sounds very weird...must be fun for people to buy a walkthrough for the game. Long live free stuff off the internet :p

FiEND_138
11-24-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by UrchSr
(Attention all males in the forum, The next time a lady friend wants a certain ring that preceeds another ring... Tell her it's like marking teritory and say they are sexist)
Well, now thats a good idea. Starts planning his retaliation to wifes hints about X-Mas presents.
What's the point of even making a strategy guide for an RPG? Sounds very weird...must be fun for people to buy a walkthrough for the game. Long live free stuff off the internet
Indeed.

Darth333
11-24-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by UrchSr
A tee would have been better. I wear XXL, though. I could brand my wife as a geek and give it to her, you know, mark my territory for all geek kind...

(Attention:all females in the forum, I'm kidding... I wouldn't "mark" her in any way... That would be sexist...)

(Attention all males in the forum, The next time a lady friend wants a certain ring that preceeds another ring... Tell her it's like marking teritory and say they are sexist) :eyeraise:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/Darth333/caverne.gif
:rolleyes:
no comments...

(*this t-shirt is certainly cursed for having brought this thread so far*)

What's the point of even making a strategy guide for an RPG? Sounds very weird...must be fun for people to buy a walkthrough for the game. Long live free stuff off the internet
If they make a strategy guide it's because they make $ out of it but I'll never understand why people buy strategy guides for games like this :confused:

RedHawke
11-24-2004, 06:40 PM
^^^^
:rofl: Bwahahahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Love the caveman Darth333! It kinda fits too! :D

I just bought my first strategy guide, of any kind, a couple of days ago for GTA:Vice City... so I could find all those darn hidden packages and stunt jumps. :D

Cyborgninja
11-24-2004, 06:59 PM
It is a free gift on some sites you don't get anything if you pre-order.

lead me to these s called sitess

starmark2k
11-25-2004, 03:55 AM
Sorry i missed the punctuation its suppose to read

It is a free gift. on some sites you don't get anything if you pre-order.
i'll edit the original aswell