PDA

View Full Version : When will you get the game?


starmark2k
11-24-2004, 06:10 AM
and what console will you get it on. sorry if this has been done before.
as far as i know the dates are right but if they are wrong imaging the right date and answer.

[edit] according to the UK game shop website, the UK X-box version also comes out in december (no exact date given). However they have gotten dates wrong before (known by personal experiance).

AJL
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
I will get it ASAP

FiEND_138
11-24-2004, 11:15 AM
FEB. ASAP.

Ragnos
11-24-2004, 11:25 AM
At once its released on pc in Norway :D but the stupid store usually get the games i want a week or two after they say they will :fist:

Aleggy
11-24-2004, 01:41 PM
as soon as it comes out on the pc in the uk i'll be queing to get it just like every other british pc owner on these forums lol

UrchSr
11-24-2004, 01:59 PM
X-box in the good ol' USA... I have it reserved at EB Games!!

RedHawke
11-24-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
FEB. ASAP.
Same here! :D



If I get an XBox and then Rent TSL I could then play through, then return the XBox back to the store... yeah... I know that sounds crazy... so crazy it just might work! :D



*Curses the XBox!* :fist:

FiEND_138
11-24-2004, 06:09 PM
^^
Yeah, I was thinking about doing something similar except renting the system & the game. Then I'd get addicted to TSL, end up renting the gear on a weekly basis, & end up playing into Emperor Gates' trap & buying the whole thing & thats just something I can NOT do.

So I wait............................

*Curses XBox* :fist:

OfficerDonNZ
11-24-2004, 09:00 PM
I'll be doing what I did with the first game get both the xbox and PC versions :)

90SK
11-25-2004, 06:05 AM
Probably Feb. for PC, though I may rent an X-Box and play the first level, jut to see what its like.

stingerhs
11-25-2004, 10:20 AM
this is going to sound really weird, but i'm probably going to do what i do with every game that comes out, and thats to wait a couple of days for all the reviews to come out.

its not that i don't trust OE, its just what i do with every game, including half-life 2, which i finally bought yesterday. to be honest, its saved me lots of money in the past. :)

starmark2k
11-25-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by stingerhs
this is going to sound really weird, but i'm probably going to do what i do with every game that comes out, and thats to wait a couple of days for all the reviews to come out.

its not that i don't trust OE, its just what i do with every game, including half-life 2, which i finally bought yesterday. to be honest, its saved me lots of money in the past. :)

A mate of mine does a similar thing he waits for me to bye the game. about a week after i got it he barges into my apartment and starts playing it (this does @*& me off). and if he likes it he goes and buys it. he allways trys to persuade me to bye games he wants but i don't.

Nichpo
11-25-2004, 01:26 PM
Xbox North America, on Christmas...

Sadly, the game is released on exactly the same date as my exams start...so I have to wait til Christmas... :(:( :(

Curses the exams! :fist:

:stick:

emilniemi
11-26-2004, 11:44 PM
xbox and pc, xbox on the 6th... I marked my callander 2x with blood and ink.

Revan Solo
11-27-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by emilniemi
xbox and pc, xbox on the 6th... I marked my callander 2x with blood and ink. On x-box and pc? Why that? :confused:

Clemme w/Stick
11-27-2004, 01:09 AM
When the PC version releases here in Denmark.

-Clemme

starmark2k
11-27-2004, 05:26 AM
Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick
When the PC version releases here in Denmark.

-Clemme

all european versions are released in febuary

emilniemi
11-27-2004, 05:30 AM
simple, xbox to play it earlier.. and pc for the mods.

Alegis
11-27-2004, 07:25 AM
Live in Europe. May it pick it up 10/2, or shortly after that. Depends on how busy I will be with Guild Wars and Battlefield 2

boinga1
11-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Oh, I'll be getting the game, oh...I dunno...how about the VERY FIRST CHANCE I GET in February, when it comes out for PC.

CURSE THE X-BOX!

Revan Solo
11-27-2004, 11:53 PM
Battlefield 2, wat a stupid game!!!!:mad: Everywhere in the world, every day, people are killed like in Battlefield 2, and some kind of stupid men make a game of it!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

FiEND_138
11-28-2004, 09:02 PM
^^
Different strokes for different folks.

War is profitable as are it's depictions.

No ones forcing you to buy/play it.

:dozey:

starmark2k
11-29-2004, 12:01 AM
if you want a war game thats based on fiction. try SW: battlefront if you only play clone war part, your only killing robots and clones.

Revan Solo
11-29-2004, 08:28 AM
I have got Battlefront! But about Battlefield 2: I only said my opinion.

Godzilla Master
11-29-2004, 01:44 PM
OMG!!!!

PC's you won't get Kotor 2 till FEB. Sorry. But shut the hell up about Xbox and stop acting like babies I swear.:mad:

90SK
11-29-2004, 01:57 PM
You've posted the same message all over the other threads. Please, if you have a problem, contact a moderator and bring it up with them. This is a friendly forum that is not ment for bickering.

Godzilla Master
11-29-2004, 01:59 PM
Then why must you about the Xbox?




Anyways, I will probaly get it for the Xbox.

90SK
11-29-2004, 02:10 PM
I don't recall "Bickering" about the X-Box release date. They're is something called "All in good fun" that you should familiarize yourself with.;)

Darth333
11-29-2004, 02:55 PM
Indeed. Let's keep the discussion friendly.

:vadar: So back on topic: When will you get the game and on what platform.

ChAiNz.2da
11-29-2004, 03:13 PM
February, for the PC...

Of course my younger sisters want an Xbox AND TSL for Christmas (and of course I'll be a big weeny and get it for them)...talk about a slap in the face :rolleyes: :fist:

I'm just glad I live alone (and in another state). If I get a spoiler before Feb., I will hunt thee down and smite ye, family or not :lightning

Cthik Xegony
11-29-2004, 03:19 PM
Xbox the day it comes out probably, though I might have to wait until christmas.

and I'll buy the PC version some time after it comes out, I need to start working on learning how to mod KOTOR 1 before I pick up the second one :yoda:

Revan Solo
11-30-2004, 07:12 AM
I don't understand why people buy both versions! It costs money and I want to buy some other games except kotor.
I would save this money.:rolleyes:

Rogue15
11-30-2004, 07:18 AM
between december 25th and january 21.

FiEND_138
11-30-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
I don't understand why people buy both versions! It costs money and I want to buy some other games except kotor.

Most want to play early, some want to mod it later, or they want to play with the extra content (if any). Though if rumors hold true & both versions are shipped with the same content, I don't really see the point in getting both, unless your going to mod or want to see higher quality textures.

Cthik Xegony
11-30-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Most want to play early, some want to mod it later, or they want to play with the extra content (if any). Though if rumors hold true & both versions are shipped with the same content, I don't really see the point in getting both, unless your going to mod or want to see higher quality textures.

I'm getting it on the xbox because i cant wait the three months for the PC version, and I want the PC version eventually so i can mod it.

as for money, i have plenty I dont use, so i just spend it on whatever I feel like at the time.

boinga1
11-30-2004, 02:47 PM
Man...oooohh.....man...why...why...why...

[notices thread] Oh, uh, PC, ASAP.

[goes back to muttering about the X-BOX and the extra wait...hopes the wait will be two months, not three]

Darth333
11-30-2004, 03:19 PM
Just pre-ordered the game when I got out of the office today (I work almost in front of a video game store :D )...Xbox of course*...:rolleyes: ...this is gonna be phun! :D
.
.
.
.
(oh crap I have a crazy work schedule next week including meetings on the 6th and 7th in the evening :( )



* I 'll get the pc version in feburary too ;) mods...I'll have plenty of time to make my plans :dev11: (I hope)

ChAiNz.2da
11-30-2004, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
(oh crap I have a crazy work schedule next week including meetings on the 6th and 7th in the evening :( )

[pokes RedHawke] psst...the *Curse* is working ;)

::ChAiNz runs away from Darth333's uber-BAN button:: :eek:

Darth333
11-30-2004, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ChAiNz
[pokes RedHawke] psst...the *Curse* is working ;)

::ChAiNz runs away from Darth333's uber-BAN button:: :eek:
ah ha! You under estimate my powers! That day will last 36 hours!

When someone asks a lawyer how much 2+2 makes, the answer is not 4 but "how much do you want it to make?" :smirk2: (accountants are not bad with this either)


* puts ChAINZ name on the blacklist* ;)

ChAiNz.2da
11-30-2004, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
* puts ChAINZ name on the blacklist*

:fist: *Curses the X-Box Curse*

DOH!

ummm...RedHawke Force Persuaded me to say that??..maybe..perhaps.. *gulp* ;)

RedHawke
11-30-2004, 06:11 PM
^^^^
*Spits water all over keyboard while reading Darth333 and ChAiNz exchange!*

:rofl: Bwahahahaha!!! :rofl:

Darth333
11-30-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
^^^^
*Spits water all over keyboard while reading Darth333 and ChAiNz exchange!*

:rofl: Bwahahahaha!!! :rofl:
Water? :rolleyes:

Anyways, I am counting days now and even bought a chocolate calendar :p 7...6...5...4...3...2...1...start :D

RedHawke
11-30-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Water? :rolleyes:
Yup... after a couple of these :guiness: it becomes time to switch to something more non-lethal. :D
Originally posted by Darth333
Anyways, I am counting days now and even bought a chocolate calendar :p 7...6...5...4...3...2...1...start :D
Well... I'm warming up my Visa card to go up to the store counter and say I'll take an XBox and a copy of KOTOR:TSL please. :D

starmark2k
12-01-2004, 02:37 AM
I've alredy preordered the pc version on amazon.co.uk. I will have it on the day after it's shiped.

stingerhs
12-01-2004, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Well... I'm warming up my Visa card to go up to the store counter and say I'll take an XBox and a copy of KOTOR:TSL please. :D
another pc user has converted. bwahahahaha!!! my uber plan of exclusive games is winning the battle. :dev7:


noooo!!!! don't give into your xbox desires!!! that leads to the darkside!!!!! :eek:

Cthik Xegony
12-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs


noooo!!!! don't give into your xbox desires!!! that leads to the darkside!!!!! :eek: [/B]

but it feels so good! Give in! :emperor: IT IS YOUR ONLY OPTION!! :emperor:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

tomwaz
12-01-2004, 01:04 PM
Do you guys know when it comes out in Australia?

Aleggy
12-01-2004, 01:07 PM
ok if your asking about the pc version its feb if your asking about the xbox version it could be dec or feb the only thing we know for sure at the moment is the US get it in dec

tomwaz
12-01-2004, 01:10 PM
Sweet, but i thought they would be more clear on the date as it may be only a week before release.

starmark2k
12-01-2004, 01:11 PM
All international release is suppose to be feb 05

90SK
12-01-2004, 01:30 PM
Theoretically, if you have an X-Box, you can order it from the U.S. and get it before Feb. (:fist: )

Aleggy
12-01-2004, 02:08 PM
well in a few days we'll know for sure lol :D lol

Darth333
12-01-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by CaptainSkye
Theoretically, if you have an X-Box, you can order it from the U.S. and get it before Feb. (:fist: )
Hmmm...from what I know, the DVD format is slightly different in Europe than in America so it wouldn't work: you would need an American Xbox too (correct me someone if I am wrong).

ChAiNz.2da
12-01-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Hmmm...from what I know, the DVD format is slightly different in Europe than in America so it wouldn't work: you would need an American Xbox too (correct me someone if I am wrong).

You are CORRECT *ding* *ding* *ding* ;)

US = Region 1 DVD format

UK = Region 2 DVD format


p.s. I'm digging the new avatar Darth333, sweet! :darthx

Revan Solo
12-02-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
Hmmm...from what I know, the DVD format is slightly different in Europe than in America so it wouldn't work: you would need an American Xbox too (correct me someone if I am wrong). I thougt he was from Australia not from Europe!:D

Darth333
12-02-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
I thougt he was from Australia not from Europe!:D That's true but many people from England are also asking this question and I don't want them to order this game for nothing. I don't know what they use in Australia...

ChAiNz.2da
12-02-2004, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
That's true but many people from England are also asking this question and I don't want them to order this game for nothing. I don't know what they use in Australia...

Australia = Region 4 DVD format

Being a media editor has it's advantages ;)

Hannibal
12-02-2004, 07:56 AM
I'll be getting it Monday on the way home from work. I'll also get the PC version for the mods.
Deal with it!!!

This time I didn't make the mistake I did last time.

Ok, some of you might not have been here when KOTOR came out but I ordered the KOTOR and the game guide from ebgames when it came out. The guide came to days before the game. I was using it for info on swknights.com and reading about the characters and weapons. Ok, I put the book down go get something to drink and the book is lying down when I open it, it is right on the page where it tells you the big secret. I screamed like a little girl dropped the book and started cursing at myself.
I then came here and told everyone what I did and rightfully got made fun of badly.

I won't buy the guide till I finish the game this time if, I buy one. :)

Revan Solo
12-06-2004, 05:30 AM
Originally posted by Hannibal
I'll be getting it Monday on the way home from work. I'll also get the PC version for the mods.
Deal with it!!!

This time I didn't make the mistake I did last time.

Ok, some of you might not have been here when KOTOR came out but I ordered the KOTOR and the game guide from ebgames when it came out. The guide came to days before the game. I was using it for info on swknights.com and reading about the characters and weapons. Ok, I put the book down go get something to drink and the book is lying down when I open it, it is right on the page where it tells you the big secret. I screamed like a little girl dropped the book and started cursing at myself.
I then came here and told everyone what I did and rightfully got made fun of badly.

I won't buy the guide till I finish the game this time if, I buy one. :) Do you have it?? NOw?

Tdcquicksilver5
12-06-2004, 07:55 AM
I get it at 3:45 P.M today......

Revan Solo
12-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Sorry, what time is now?

emilniemi
12-06-2004, 01:08 PM
get it tomarrow at 1pm or so, prepurchased from gamestop :)

StoneDragon
12-06-2004, 04:23 PM
I get it when its cheap.:D
Hehehehehheheheheh.
Money is precciosssssssssss.......

tomwaz
12-06-2004, 10:52 PM
You guys sid it came out in dec in the uk now, but when i checked sites it said Feb 11. What the hell is going on!!!!

starmark2k
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
All uk versions come out in febuary

Revan Solo
12-07-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by starmark2k
All uk versions come out in febuary
It must have advantages to live in the USA!;)

Aleggy
12-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by tomwaz
You guys sid it came out in dec in the uk now, but when i checked sites it said Feb 11. What the hell is going on!!!!
Lucas Arts took great pride in telling everyone that kotor2 would be out in dec even after telling us that it would be out in dec in the states for xbox but everyone else would have to wait till feb conciquently they confused the issue so we began to thing that all xboxers would be able to play it in dec but now we know other wise

yeah i know it SUCKS but thats life and what you gonna do other than wait another couple of months

starmark2k
12-07-2004, 11:16 AM
The confusion was actually created by the UK and other countrys shops that started saying ded instead of feb.

emilniemi
12-08-2004, 05:10 AM
Just like the first one only better, stayed up all night playing going to play after I wake up a bit.