PDA

View Full Version : New release date info


Aleggy
11-25-2004, 12:24 PM
ok i have here some links confirming that the xbox will be released for the xbox dec 04 everywhere not just the US but it seems for now the pc still has to wait till feb 05

http://www.starwarsknights.com/

http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/n_3312-news.html?af=ur251104

and i looked on www.game.uk.com and looked up the release date and it to said xbox dec 04 pc feb 05

so this will probably mean i'll get both versions

so RedHawke feel free to curse all xboxes

FiEND_138
11-25-2004, 12:43 PM
Beats Hawke to it......

*Curse All XBox* :fist:

Venom750
11-25-2004, 01:47 PM
R u postive?

FiEND_138
11-25-2004, 02:00 PM
Honestly, I wouldn't trust any information until it's on the official LucasArts site. So you're not setting yourself up to be disappointed.

;)

90SK
11-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
So you're not setting yourself up to be disappointed.


Heh, disappointed X-Boxers, HAR! :hector:

Aleggy
11-25-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Honestly, I wouldn't trust any information until it's on the official LucasArts site. So you're not setting yourself up to be disappointed.

;)

fair point so heres a link to lucasarts

http://www.lucasarts.com/

now look under the lucasarts headlines and there it is

RedHawke
11-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Though FiEND beat me to it... :D

*Curses the XBox!* :fist:

Darth333
11-25-2004, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
*Curses the XBox!* :fist:

The cause of you frustration is here (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25563&view=findpost&p=197145) ($) :( :rolleyes:

RedHawke
11-25-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
The cause of you frustration is here (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=25563&view=findpost&p=197145) ($) :( :rolleyes:
Well... that plus the whole "Even MS weighed-in" statement by OE tells me that something smells rotten concerning MS here... oh well. Being you have given me another reason to Darth333! :D

*Gets out Necronomicon, and prepares for an arcane ritual, draws symbols on the ground, starts chanting, and proceeds to...*

*Curse the XBox!* :fist:

But hopefully we PC users will get some TSL extras the XBoxers won't... well I can hope anyway. :D

FiEND_138
11-25-2004, 08:11 PM
Thanx for the link, hadn't been to OE today.
so it was decided we would put the PC version on hold and work solely on the XBOX version (mainly because something like 80% of unit sales for the original were on the XBOX)
Yeah, talk about 'frustration'. I still wonder how far into production they were when they made the decision to scrap work on PC, & why they continued to string the PC purists with their 'simultaneous release' BS. Though I suppose this over used rants fodder for another thread....

/TOPIC/

Well, if it turns out the international XBox players get the game in Dec. too cool for them. Just remember there are [spoiler] tags please.

Darth333
11-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
*Gets out Necronomicon, and prepares for an arcane ritual, draws symbols on the ground, starts chanting, and proceeds to...*
*Curse the XBox!* :fist:
Good idea!...at least this will keep you busy during the two months long wait :p (I'll play on my xbox in the meantime)

But hopefully we PC users will get some TSL extras the XBoxers won't... well I can hope anyway. :D In any event, we'll add extra content :D

Originally posted by FiEND_138
Just remember there are [spoiler] tags please.
Forums will soon be updated and strict rules will apply concerning this.

FiEND_138
11-25-2004, 09:02 PM
^^
Good to hear.
I have total faith in you guys, but you never know how the influx of newbs will effect things when TSL hits shelfs. IE; Spoiler material in thread titles, etc. Though I won't really be a regular to this board anymore, but it would completely suck to drop in one day & get told 'Revan's back & s/he does this at Korriban' just from a title.

It just seems I have terrible luck with things like that.

:)

Nuitari_28
11-26-2004, 12:58 AM
Lol can anyone confirm that kotor 2 comes out for xbox in the UK on dec 4th.

Curse America

Aleggy
11-26-2004, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Nuitari_28
Lol can anyone confirm that kotor 2 comes out for xbox in the UK on dec 4th.

Curse America

sorry i cant confirm dec 04 from the info i got its dec 06

Prime
11-26-2004, 06:22 AM
Well, if bumping the PC version back = a better game, I'm all for it.

Revan Solo
11-26-2004, 06:32 AM
Why takes PC so long? This stupid developers!:mad:

Aleggy
11-26-2004, 06:44 AM
^^^^^^
as the link Darth333 posted earlier lets us know the reason the pc version is going to take longer is because even thought the 2 versions are essentially the same but both version have there unique problems

and because the sales for the 1st kotor were 80% xbox orientated they've halted work on the pc version to ensure the early release of the xbox version

and that why the pc version will be coming out later than the xbox version

Ragnos
11-26-2004, 07:05 AM
I talked to the game-store guy and he said that they will get TSL the same date for pc and xbox :D in feb.


Yay! :cool:


I guess :rolleyes:

Revan Solo
11-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Ragnos
I talked to the game-store guy and he said that they will get TSL the same date for pc and xbox :D in feb.


Yay! :cool:


I guess :rolleyes: Go on lucasarts.com! Newest update is that it is confirmed that kotor 2 will be released on
x-box on 6th of dcember! ;)

starmark2k
11-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
Go on lucasarts.com! Newest update is that it is confirmed that kotor 2 will be released on
x-box on 6th of dcember! ;)

Lucasarts only have US release dates and i remember ragnos saying he lives in norway.

I'm 90% sure that all UK and european release dates are either the 5th or 10th of febuary.

Nuitari_28
11-26-2004, 09:12 AM
Curse America and big headed idiots that think european gamers are crap stupid lucas arts why cant you give the little guys a chance. Wow kotor2 goes gold but only in America woopedyfreakindo.
Anyway im not cursing americans just the idiot who decided to release it only on xbox and only in america.

Ragnos
11-26-2004, 03:29 PM
The guy wouldnt give an explenation why they dont get it in november, but all the other games usually arrive one or two weeks after the european release date :|

I like it. I seriously considerd buying an Xbox :(

Darth333
11-26-2004, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by Ragnos
I like it. I seriously considerd buying an Xbox :( Seriously, if it was me I'd just wait for the PC version. I have an xbox already and for having played both versions of Kotor 1 on Xbox and PC, I can tell you that I enjoyed playing the game on PC much more than on xbox. It's just 60 days after all. You'll get it anyways. I am getting the xbox version only because I am moderating the forums and will be "exposed" to spoilers in order to make sure you are not ;) I don't see the point in buying a console just for one game! Of course, this is different if you really intend to play xbox exclusive games.

90SK
11-26-2004, 04:13 PM
I'm sure Microsoft and Lucasarts have some devious plot involving the American release date.

0rlo
11-26-2004, 05:02 PM
not a fan of console games anymore. unless it's multiplayer, like mariokart.

RedHawke
11-26-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
Good idea!...at least this will keep you busy during the two months long wait :p (I'll play on my xbox in the meantime)
Well, I'll be doing some KOTOR modding during my 2 month wait, that is why I cut back now so I will be able to keep busy during the wait.

Oh... and because it's a new day;

*Curses the XBox!* :fist:
Originally posted by Darth333
In any event, we'll add extra content :D
You know it! :D
Originally posted by Darth333
Forums will soon be updated and strict rules will apply concerning this.
Good I hope all the Moderators will pwn the fools who post spoilers in the open without the spoiler tags. ;)

Darth333
11-26-2004, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
Good I hope all the Moderators will pwn the fools who post spoilers in the open without the spoiler tags. ;)
We will :beam2: <-- non spoiler tags user

RedHawke
11-26-2004, 07:45 PM
^^^^
[Mr. Burns] Excellent! [/Mr. Burns] :D

I think that is the first time I've seen that UFO smily used appropriately too! ;)

stingerhs
11-26-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by 0rlo
not a fan of console games anymore. unless it's multiplayer, like mariokart.
then consider halo 2 as your next choice. :D

@ darth333: why don't you mods just:
mods-----> :bluflag1: <----- non-spoiler tag users
:dev7:

well, kudos to the international xbox players for getting tsl earlier than expected. but since i feel like doing something different tonite:
*curses micro$oft* :fist:

Darth333
11-26-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by stingerhs
@ darth333: why don't you mods just:
mods-----> :bluflag1: <----- non-spoiler tag users
:dev7: New rules will be posted in due time. You'll see by then.

Revan Solo
11-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by starmark2k
Lucasarts only have US release dates and i remember ragnos saying he lives in norway.

I'm 90% sure that all UK and european release dates are either the 5th or 10th of febuary. Hello, think of Battlefront!
It was released at 21th of Septembre in USA, and it was released in Europe at 21th of Septembre!

Robb
11-27-2004, 02:45 AM
the official UK release date is feb 11th

Ragnos
11-27-2004, 02:55 AM
Is it possible for you(Darth333) to ban me from this part of the forum for lets say 70-80 days? :p

Devilsfanatic
11-28-2004, 07:42 AM
Lucas Arts main page says December 4th, woohoo!!! It's a week away!!!! I can't wait for this gem. Sorry PC fans, but XBox owns you! :p

Also, they say there will be blood this time :)

Venom750
11-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Thank you Devilsfanatic i finally have an ally in the ongoing war between XBOX and PC

XBOX RULEZ

FiEND_138
11-28-2004, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Devilsfanatic
Sorry PC fans, but XBox owns you!
Resists you're flame bait for the never ending port war..

:roleyess:

Darth333
11-28-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Resists you're flame bait for the never ending port war..

:roleyess:
Thanks for being reasonable ;)

Thank you Devilsfanatic i finally have an ally in the ongoing war between XBOX and PC i finally have an ally in the ongoing war between XBOX and PC

[Force persuade] There will be no ongoing war between PC and Xbox. You will make peace now![/Force persuade]

RedHawke
11-28-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Devilsfanatic
Sorry PC fans, but XBox owns you! :p
*RedHawke gets out a ten-foot pole!*
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Resists you're flame bait for the never ending port war.. :roleyess:
Must resist... must resist... oh who am I kidding;

*Curses the XBox!* :fist:

Disclaimer: Not cursing the XBox players... just the accursed little console from MS!
Originally posted by Darth333
Thanks for being reasonable ;)
Oops! :D

Darth333
11-28-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
*RedHawke gets out a ten-foot pole!* ...

*Curses the XBox!* :fist: ...

Oops! :D
You're a desperate case anyways :p I don't care you cursing the xbox (anyways, it doesn't work :xp: )...

...as long as it remains friendly and does not bring every thread off-topic ;)

Devilsfanatic
11-28-2004, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Resists you're flame bait for the never ending port war..

:roleyess:

as if you wouldn't know that :p <------ that smiley there would indicate joking.

RedHawke
11-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by Darth333
You're a desperate case anyways :p I don't care you cursing the xbox (anyways, it doesn't work :xp: )...
I know... but it's very theraputic! :D

Also if you want to get to the true root of all my XBox cursing... I'm planning to buy, yes buy, an XBox and TSL on December 4th anyway! :p

Can't beat em'... join em'... :D

FiEND_138
11-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
I'm planning to buy, yes buy, an XBox and TSL on December 4th anyway!
Ahhhh.....

No will power.

[Emperor Gates] Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen [/Emperor Gates] :bernard:

*Curses RedHawke's XBox* :fist:

;)

RedHawke
11-28-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by FiEND_138
Ahhhh.....

No will power.
Not really a fact of willpower... it is more a fact of survival.

I just don't want the games storyline to be ruined for me spoiler wise, simply avoiding the forums won't work for me, what with having people around me with XBoxes who plan to get TSL on release day, and 2 of them just live to babble on-and-on about story points so, for me, there is no way to avoid them for 2 months.

Thus my cursing of MS and the XBox... because of the way the TSL is being released... I'm somewhat being forced to get one, on short notice to boot...

The bright side of all this is at least now I will be able to play XBox games. :barf:
Originally posted by FiEND_138
[Emperor Gates] Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen [/Emperor Gates] :bernard:
This is most likely true... in EP III when Palapatine transforms into Sidious on screen we will probably get a flash of ol' Mr. Gates for just a second during the transformation. :D
Originally posted by FiEND_138
*Curses RedHawke's XBox* :fist:
[Resisted]... [Lady from Poltergeist] This XBox is clean! [/Lady from Poltergeist]

:D

FiEND_138
11-28-2004, 11:46 PM
You should of known I'd give ya s***.

J/K Hawke....:)

Looks like I'll be taking up you're slack of the cursing of the infernal machine....until Dec. 6th anyway.

This is most likely true... in EP III when Palapatine transforms into Sidious on screen we will probably get a flash of ol' Mr. Gates for just a second during the transformation.
Some how, I wouldn't doubt it. I could see Gates giving ol Lucas a few million to run a quick XBox/MS commercial in the middle of RotS. Hell, just look at the dance number added to Jedi. Makes me think Lucas has no problem with stupid ideas, let alone helping Gates sell a few more consoles/Windows programs, if the $$$$'s right...:p

:fist: XBox

kookaburra
12-01-2004, 11:08 PM
I think it's Microsofts little plans to make us International Xboxers and PC'ers wait to make the PC'ers wait for KOTOR 2 because they want the PC'ers to buy an xbox so they can get more money.


I want TSL in December and not Feburary!!!! you hear me Lucasarts? make TSL a world wide release and just don't make the Americans get it all!!!!! :swear:

Revan Solo
12-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by kookaburra
I think it's Microsofts little plans to make us International Xboxers and PC'ers wait to make the PC'ers wait for KOTOR 2 because they want the PC'ers to buy an xbox so they can get more money.


I want TSL in December and not Feburary!!!! you hear me Lucasarts? make TSL a world wide release and just don't make the Americans get it all!!!!! :swear: There are developers from obsidian who are making kotor 2! NOt those from Microsoft.

Grishnakh
12-02-2004, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Venom750
Thank you Devilsfanatic i finally have an ally in the ongoing war between XBOX and PC

XBOX RULEZ

Not just one, I'm with you. I have an Xbox and loves it. I have over 20 great games and a lot of them are Xbox exclusives. Xbox is the best console by far and games is best on consoles if you ask me.

90SK
12-02-2004, 02:26 PM
I agree, save the fact that PC games are much more versitile than Console games, making them the default choice for poeple who like to mess around with their games.

Grishnakh
12-02-2004, 02:34 PM
If you ask me consoles are for straight up gamers who just like to play. PC games are for computer experts who don't mind using tons of money every year upgrading their systems.

Venom750
12-02-2004, 03:01 PM
I agree with Grishnakh i am a straight up hardcore gamer

RedHawke
12-02-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
There are developers from obsidian who are making kotor 2! NOt those from Microsoft.
Revan Solo you are incorrect on this... you obviously missed the post on the OE boards from Akari, one of the developers there, that stated that MS did in fact have a say or "weighed-in" on the development of their game. Hence why XBox was pushed ahead...
Originally posted by Grishnakh
If you ask me consoles are for straight up gamers who just like to play. PC games are for computer experts who don't mind using tons of money every year upgrading their systems.
Originally posted by Venom750
I agree with Grishnakh i am a straight up hardcore gamer
Grishnakh and Venom750 the moderators have asked that the console vs. PC issue be dropped, please do so... (Darth333 in this very thread, see page 1, I quote her below)

FiEND and I frequently include things like this in our posts;

*Curses the XBox!* :fist:

But it is all in the name of good fun, and nowhere do we state that one platform is better than the other. :D

Not everyone likes consoles and not everyone likes PC's, this is a fact of life.
Originally posted by Darth333
[Force persuade] There will be no ongoing war between PC and Xbox. You will make peace now![/Force persuade]

Hannibal
12-03-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by RedHawke
...MS did in fact have a say or "weighed-in" on the development of their game. Hence why XBox was pushed ahead...


No XBox was pushed ahead of PC because of KOTOR. It was said on the OE forums that KOTOR had 80% of it's sales on XBox. 80%!!! So they worked on the money maker first and then will finish up the PC version. It was a business decision that had nothing to do with MS. It's a LA thing.

Robb
12-03-2004, 07:32 AM
i don;t really understand this war between pc and xbox owners regarding KOTOR. I mean, the PC owners should just count themselves lucky that they're gettin a conversion of the game at all instead of moanin that they're gettin it later.

Grishnakh
12-03-2004, 07:39 AM
It's fine by me to stop arguing about Xbox-PC but then the PC fanboys have to stop as well. It doesn't seem fair to me that you PC people can go on and on about how superior the PC is and we Xbox owners can't say anything in return.

ChAiNz.2da
12-03-2004, 07:58 AM
ummmm...okay

It's pretty sad to have to scroll back to the first page to find out what this thread was supposed to be about.

"Baited" posts aren't going to help stop the Xbox/PC wars, nor help with getting this thread back to it's original topic :rolleyes:

IMHO, thread = :lock:

Venom750
12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
I will agree to stop but no things like Curses the XBox!* and stuff like that.

Hannibal
12-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Ok, I'm closing this now. Original point of thread is gone.