PDA

View Full Version : Lightsaber Flourish

shangoman
12-08-2004, 10:35 PM
Note: search disabled when I started this thread.

Is the Lightsaber flourish done by scripts or it and integral part of the model. Makel's flourish rocks, the PC's single saber flourish sux. So I was wondering if that could be edited?

Thx in advance for you help.

tk102
12-08-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi shangoman,
Flourishes and other animations are all part of the model. Scripts can invoke animations (ActionPlayAnimation function) as can dialogs (AnimList), but the way the animations appear is model-dependent. Thus only Malak can flourish like Malak. But this may all change suddenly if cchargin comes up with some new MDLOps breakthrough.

P.S. Search should work if you're logged in... :confused:

Seprithro
12-09-2004, 07:10 AM
the animation for flourish can be edited in animations.2da, but you can only replace it with an existing animation, but if you do, there is a very good chance malak will lose his animation since he does not have all the ani. that other models do

Mono_Giganto
12-09-2004, 11:33 AM
Search is working fine for me too, but even if it isn't your answer is on the first page of the forum:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141065

As Sep said, you can swap animations in the 2da file, but this will alter every model's animations in some way, so it might cause problems.

shangoman
12-09-2004, 10:21 PM
Thanks for the tips.

I assure you I was logged in, else I could not post a thread . And search did not work at time of my posting. As for the post mentioned, sorry I missed it. :blush2:

That's too bad about the flourishes. :crybaby: