PDA

View Full Version : Is there a flaw in kotor's plot

Juha Avery
12-11-2004, 03:42 AM
It made me wonder that how did revan find out about the star forge AND more important, at the start of the game when revan and malak went to dantooine find the map and revan has star forge robes on BUT only star forge can create those robes and they havent found the star forge yet in that point of the game.

Or am i missing some info?

tk102
12-11-2004, 03:52 AM
Hi Juha, sounds like a discussion for the Republic Newsfeed (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=61) forum

Juha Avery
12-11-2004, 04:18 AM
Thanks for telling :)

Darth333
12-11-2004, 11:14 AM
Moving thread. You can find a descriptions of the SWK forums on this page. (http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=321)

Kal Ki'San
12-11-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Juha Avery
It made me wonder that how did revan find out about the star forge AND more important, at the start of the game when revan and malak went to dantooine find the map and revan has star forge robes on BUT only star forge can create those robes and they havent found the star forge yet in that point of the game.

Or am i missing some info?

Uh... unless im mistaken, the star forge makes you robes that are based on Revan's... Revan didn't get his original ones from the star forge.

RedHawke
12-11-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Kal Ki'San
Uh... unless im mistaken, the star forge makes you robes that are based on Revan's... Revan didn't get his original ones from the star forge.
Actually the robes Revan Wore in the cutscenes of them looking for the Star Forge were likely just protective custom made robes... later on when Revan and Malak discovered the Star Forge, Revan likely had some robes made, by the Star Forge, that looked identical to the previous ones, but had extra abilities.

Just my 2 cents! :D

starmark2k
12-12-2004, 12:06 AM
I think maybe they were just revans spare pair that he left there for safe keeping.

PoM
12-13-2004, 03:36 AM
He/she probably have 68 pair of those robes, he/she gotta have clean robes every day..

Prime
12-13-2004, 05:29 AM
Just about everyone in the Star Wars universe only has one set of clothes.

Kal Ki'San
12-13-2004, 08:35 AM
hmm... maybe they use the force to keep their robes clean...

Force Clean... i like it...

PoM
12-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Sounds like a mod.
AIOFPS maybe..
And.. Now: Lets present: Force clean!
Made by Piece of metal!
"This power will put..water..in the enemies eyes so they cant shoot."

Grishnakh
12-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Many of the non-force users have only one set of clothes as well, what do they do?

Kal Ki'San
12-13-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Grishnakh
Many of the non-force users have only one set of clothes as well, what do they do?

Well... maybe they go visit their local Jedi Laundrette for a quick Force spin wash...

Mono_Giganto
12-14-2004, 11:28 AM
Well I remember Lando, Han, and Leia all having more than one set of clothes. :p

Joetheeskimo
12-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by starmark2k
I think maybe they were just revans spare pair that he left there for safe keeping.

No, because in the item Revan's Robes, teh description said "the Republic never imagined the Star Forge could again CREATE robes of such power." CREATE.

Kal Ki'San
12-18-2004, 10:26 AM
i definately think RedHawke's explanation is spot on.

KOTORManiac
12-19-2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah, same here, that sounds the most believable idea, although the Force Clean idea got me thinking........:rolleyes:

Sabretooth
12-19-2004, 11:10 PM
It made me wonder that how did revan find out about the star forge

After Revan's little "incident" at Malachor V, he may have sensed dark energies emitting from the ruins near the Jedi Enclave. The droid inside must have filled him in.
But it makes me wonder, the ruins were just next door and the Jedi don't investigate into it? They act as if have just heard of the place...

Kal Ki'San
12-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by Sabretooth
But it makes me wonder, the ruins were just next door and the Jedi don't investigate into it? They act as if have just heard of the place...

yeah, that seems kinda silly... especially with their whole "There is no ignorance; There is knowledge" thing

PoM
12-20-2004, 10:53 AM
And if not this force clean thing..
How fresh is it to have only one set of clothes!?:eek::eek:

Cyborgninja
12-21-2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Sabretooth
After Revan's little "incident" at Malachor V, he may have sensed dark energies emitting from the ruins near the Jedi Enclave. The droid inside must have filled him in.

MAybe they were afraid they wiuld end up like Nemo. poor poor Nemo

Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Cyborgninja
MAybe they were afraid they wiuld end up like Nemo. poor poor Nemo

But they had only sent Nemo recently, after you arrived and became a Jedi. It seems odd that they let it sit there all that time.

Maybe the solutions is:

If you think about it, Malak was with Revan when they were on Dantooine. The Jedi Enclave must not have been established yet, because if it was, Dantooine would have been destroyed as soon as Malak and Revan attacked the Republic. So if the Enclave was a recently built establishment, they may not have searched the ruins much yet.

Sabretooth
12-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
If you think about it, Malak was with Revan when they were on Dantooine. The Jedi Enclave must not have been established yet, because if it was, Dantooine would have been destroyed as soon as Malak and Revan attacked the Republic. So if the Enclave was a recently built establishment, they may not have searched the ruins much yet.

Hey, you're right! Nobody said the enclave there was old...

Juha Avery
01-06-2005, 03:59 AM
:D HAHHAAAAAAAAAA well thanks for all this wonderful info xDDDD had no idea this would make up soooooo big converstation, well well well.

Bloodbeard
01-07-2005, 05:35 PM
The Enclave on Dantooine is definitely much older than Revan and Malak. Exar Kun trained there decades before.

Cyborgninja
01-07-2005, 06:15 PM
^^^^^^

How do u know that???

Augustus_Leto
01-08-2005, 05:53 AM
Hey guys, you have to keep in mind that this is just a game. If this was put on the proper Star Wars scale, I'm pretty sure that the cave would probably be on the other side of the planet, or else better hidden than in the game, because the producers don't want to make you walk all the way across planets in their games. The real scope of the planets are found in the movies, and these aren't the movies at all. Just like the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk, I mean there probably aren't two areas of the Shadowlands if they are heralded as that dangerous, while your character can kill and walk everywhere with ease just because they're trying to point out to you that your character is basically a god among these other people.

Bloodbeard
01-08-2005, 10:05 AM
I know the time period of Knights of the Old Republic pretty well, as I am a huge SW nerd, but I don't know anything that happens after the movies, only before. Before the Sith War, Vodo-Siosk Baas trained Exar Kun and two Cathar at the Jedi Enclave on Dantooine, long before Revan and Malak were born. Bindo fought in the Sith War though, at least I'm fairly confident, so it is only a few generations off. I'm pretty sure this is all told through dialogue with the Jedi Masters in the first game? I could be wrong though. But I definitely am not wrong about the details.

Juha Avery
01-08-2005, 03:32 PM
THere must be connection with all of these things cause i dont think lucas would want a flaw to his game.

Boba Rhett
01-08-2005, 04:34 PM
i dont think lucas would want a flaw to his game.

lol :D