PDA

View Full Version : Influence over a *certain* party member [SPOILERS]

Darth333
12-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Where can I gain influence over...

HK-47? I already gained some influence when I recruited him but I'd love to unlock the dialog about his "old master" but my influence on him is not high enough :( Not my knid to look ask for this kind of stuff and I normally prefer to play the game and see by myself but in the case of HK-47, I just don't wanna miss it :D Are there any particular places in the game where there is dialogue that would allow me to gain influence over him?

Blessèd Sith
12-13-2004, 09:22 PM
You can do that?!?!? I'll be sure to use him more with my new character: I couldn't find anything out from him either o_O

I suppose just keep him around while doing DS things. Y'know, if you play DS O_O;

Darth333
12-14-2004, 05:35 AM
Got it! :D

I took HK with me on Onderon. He and Mandalore have a similar "morality" so I was able to gain influence on both of them and HK-47 talk to me about his old master.

Blessèd Sith
12-14-2004, 01:10 PM
But I took them together too, because they're my voices of reason!

Guess I'll do it again n_n glad you got it.

affinityx
12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
On my second run of the game as well.... so playing around with different things....

I'm kinda confused about the whole influence thing with the party members....

Last game I went for the ultimate light side character..... if halo's around the head were part of the game graphics... my guy would have had one.... but for some reason I formed the strongest bond with the female sith assasin (forgot her name) .... or is the whole "hey lets get naked " thing scripted in the game and has nothing to do with influence? I'm having a hard time trying to gain influence with the natural light NPC's without accidently gaining light side points during the conversations etc...

Hiroki
12-19-2004, 11:37 AM
You can unlock character stories by LOSING influence as well. If you have a very low influence oddly enough, they'll treat it like it was actually high. Bug? I do not know.

Darth333
12-20-2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Hiroki
You can unlock character stories by LOSING influence as well. If you have a very low influence oddly enough, they'll treat it like it was actually high. Bug? I do not know.
No, it's not a bug. It was clearly made intentionally. I don't have a sample script with me right now but I remember seeing the script that unlocks the possibility to make Bao Dur a Jedi. It says very that IF your influence is under 10 or if it is above 90 , then unlock the dialogue. (I'll post the script when I get home)