PDA

View Full Version : Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers


Pages : 1 [2]

jokemaster
02-22-2005, 06:25 PM
*Matt was outside, practicing his footwork*

Writer
02-22-2005, 07:26 PM
Tanara and Elaina were sitting motionless in the fog.

"Dull weather," Elaina grumbled. Tanara laughed softly.

"Use it to feel the Force around you," she said. "What you cannot see is still there. Feel it."

Kuuki
02-22-2005, 09:21 PM
*Sir-Vin sat on top of a pile of rocks and boulders meditating in the think fog. His thoughts, he kept strangely to himself since he awoke trying to cope and if anything process in his mind what happened during the war...*

*Visions of him attacking and most of the time defending himself agenst the endless sea of Sith, witnessing almost every event that he saw up to the last moments that he remembered. Everything happened quickly, but the last moments slowed down progressively up to the point where he passes out when he circumed to his wounds....*

*In one instant Sir-Vin stands up, opens his eyes and exhales. The immedate fog around him gets pushed away in a 15 foot sphere, then returns slowly somewhat as eriee as it arrived eariler.*

Sir-Vin "Irvine Cracern... It seems like you did not make it through the battle." *saying with a slight morn in his voice* "I could almost envy you, silly how it is that we both went into the battle knowing that we could both die. Yet I warned you, and you persisted... I consider you lucky to not have to deal with anymore with Universe being torn to shreds..."

Deac
02-23-2005, 08:04 AM
*Gortick skips rocks in the sea, while Ellela meditates and Orthos sleeps aboard the ship*

Admiral
02-23-2005, 04:57 PM
*After the cermony only Gerd went to sleep, the rest of the Aesir were in the forward lounge on the upper deck of the ship. Their armor and cloaks were lain along the walls, the Aesir wore only short sleeved shirts and pants and boots. A drake appeared along their forearms, and when the light caught the image it glinted like it was made out of metal. Indeed if you ran your fingers across the image it felt like metal.

Heimdall stood looking out a window at the incoming fog, his hands clasped behind his back, thinking about standing on the cliffs of Himinbrog looking out at the countryside and feeling at peace. It seemed like ages since he had that feeling.

A hand gently touched his shoulder, and he looked to his side to see Idona smiling at him. He put his arm around her shoulders, and she slipped her arm around his waiste and leaned her head against his chest. Heimdall looked down at Idona, and not for the first time thoughts of marrying her passed through his head. Looking up, he put the thoughts out of his mind and just enjoyed being in her company, one of the few joys that remained in this doomed galaxy.*

BattleDog
02-24-2005, 02:43 PM
((Admiral: Wheel of Time?))

*Drago sits in the lounge sharpening his broad bladed knife and humming a Mearan war song.*

*Hal and Allessa sit on the beach, Hal has his back to a large rock and Allessa leans against him with her eyes closed.*

Allessa: Do you remember when we first met?

*Hal nods.* I cut a rather dashing figure with my armour ruined and my face spattered with blood.

Allessa: Yes a dashing nearly unconcious figure, with mor than a little of his own blood on his armour.

Hal: I remember, you bandaged all my wounds yourself, you wouldn't let the nurses near me.

Allessa: Well they weren't any good! *She puts on a mock frown then relaxes and snuggles closer against Hal.*

Redwing
02-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Elsewhere

Woman: Thirty seconds. Go.

----------

Beach

00.30

*A group of eight objects, in rings of four, streak down through the atmosphere*

00.28

Guy: One moment. *He touches his ear* Anomaly detected.

00.26

*The objects impact various parts of the beach, raising a cloud of sand that would've easily been seen if not for the all-covering fog.

If anyone had been able to see through the fog, might have also detected a slight shimmer appearing around the beach near the Asgardried immediately afterwards.*

Guy: *as the sound from the series of impacts echoes through the air* They're here.

K'Warra: No ****?

00.24

*The small objects, burrowed halfway into the sand, project a large blue circle of light above them. Eight blue circles. After an instant, eight figures emerged from the circles.*

Guy: *yelling* We're being attacked! Get up! *As he yelled, he fingered a small device on his arm.*

The first to emerge were the lizard-man and the gray-armored humanoid tank who had attacked the group as far back as Enoy, the wand-carrying elf, and the man in the white trenchcoat. The lizard-man carried a small crossbow. The tank carried his familiar halberd. The man in the white trenchcoat carried twin pistols.

Immediately afterwards, the two ork twins emerged, both carrying a gun. One carried a morningstar, the other apparently having not replaced her sword that Gortick had taken. This second twin immediately headed towards Gortick.

The last two were both gargoyles, the green, and the yellow-skinned one. The green-skinned gargoyle seemed to be carrying a mass of giant snakes writhing around his shoulders, and at each of his flanks was a large, feral-looking dog. The yellow gargoyle carried what looked like an entire weapons platform harnessed around his body.

The lizard-man immediately fires off his crossbow at Aidan, striking him from behind with a dart between the shoulder blades.

The man in the white trenchcoat fires off both his guns in continous blasts, the flashes making his position easy to see through the fog.

The gray-armored man barrels through the fog silently, heading towards Matt.

The wand-weilding elf points her metal stick at Hal. A ray of light streaks from it towards him*

00.20


((OOS: Admiral: The Drakes and the Asgardried are outside the force field that has just been conjured over the section of the beach containing pretty much everyone else who's outside.))

Writer
02-28-2005, 04:18 PM
"What's going on?" Elaina demanded, sitting up straight. Tanara frowned and shook her head.

"We're being attacked," she said. "This fog is excellent cover for them, whoever they are. I can't see a thing!"

"What do we do?" Elaina asked, her voice almost inaudible. Tanara leapt over her sister's head and said, "Back to back."

The two sisters stood back to back and Tanara ignited her lightsaber. Elaina handled the one Kira had once owned and ignited it. Its blade glowed red and Elaina sighed.

"One of these days, I'd like one that doesn't remind me of Kira," she said. Tanara nodded.

"One of these days, you'll have one," she said. "For now, that will do. Be prepared to fight."

jokemaster
02-28-2005, 06:01 PM
*Matt looked straight at the gray armored guy's face, his face expressionless, mostly because his face seemed paralyzed from fear. He quickly took at defensive stance and waited for the armored guy's move, knowing that he couldn't win by offense against him.*

Kuuki
02-28-2005, 10:43 PM
*Sir-Vin senses the disturbence as the attackers come to attack. Then sees the man in the trenchcoat firing his weapons.

He jumps from his perch and lands silently on the ground as he circles around the attackers in the fog, keeping his saber off while making his movements sound nothing but brief subtle shifts in the wind.*

Deac
03-01-2005, 06:19 AM
*Gortick sees twin number 2 move toward him.*

Gortick: Hells.

*He picks up the rock he was about to skip and uses the force to fling it at breakneck speed toward his attacker, and draws the sword he took from her [he left his lightsaber on the ship]*

BattleDog
03-01-2005, 12:11 PM
*Hal sees the elf-witch, he actives both his sbares and completes his force flip before the bolt reaches him, his right blade sythes down, aimed at the top of the elf's head.

At the same time Allessa rolls to the left away from the beam and actives her purple lightsabre. She runs towards the elf.*

Writer
03-03-2005, 05:41 AM
"I can't see anything!" Elaina exclaimed, a hint of panic in her voice.

"Keep calm," Tanara said. "Use the Force. Sense what's going on. Tell me, what do you feel?"

"The attacks aren't exactly nearby," Elaina said slowly. "I don't sense anyone coming this way."

"Deactivate the saber," Tanara said, doing the same with hers. "If they can't see our sabers, they can't find us."

"And we can continue sensing them to make sure they don't come close," Elaina said. Tanara nodded.

"Exactly," she said. "If you think about it, this is a perfect training experience for you. See if you can isolate any one attacker. Tell me what you discover."

"Twins," Elaina said slowly. "Two of them are twins."

"Good," Tanara said. "I hadn't expected you to get anything so fast."

"I always was a fast learner," Elaina grinned.

Redwing
03-03-2005, 11:01 AM
((Sorry about the delay in replying (again). For some reason I've had trouble getting on LF.

JM: Does Matt have a weapon?))


00.18

*Aidan leaps to his feet in surprise, then drops like a stone.

The man in the white trenchcoat continues firing his blasters in a wide arc, hitting nothing but kicking up alot of sand. He doesn't seem to notice Sir-vin.

On the other side of the shimmering field, brightly colored bolts of light lance through the air from Guy's ship, still 'parked' in the water. The bolts rebound off an invisible wall before even reaching the beach.

The gray-armored being reaches Matt and barrels through his position, picking him up bodily with his free arm*

The first twin - the one carrying a morningstar - fires her gun at Hal as he vaults through the air, hitting him in a glancing blow. A charge of energy spiders through his body and starts to dull his senses even as he descends. As he does, the elf rolls just barely out of the way of his sabers descend on her. She leaps backwards, aiming her metal wand at him and chanting something incomprehensible.

As she does, she notices Alessa out of the corner of her eye and turns the wand towards her just as it fires. At such close range, the bolt of light hits Alessa before she can dodge, stunning her and knocking her back.

Immediately afterwards, a larger bolt of blue light streaks through the air and knocks the elf off her feet. K'Warra's eyes glow through the mist.

The second twin reaches Gortick*

Twin 2: I believe that's my sword you've got there. I want it back.

*A long, ropelike green form wraps around K'Warra as he approaches, then another, then another. He stops his advance.

The yellow gargoyle carrying the mobile weapons platform keeps moving, situating himself in the center of the group, unseen through the fog*

00.15

jokemaster
03-03-2005, 08:19 PM
((Practice sword, since he was just training his footwork only))
*Matt did the only thing he knew he could do. He yelled*
Matt: GUYS?! IF YOU'RE NOT BUSY I COULD USE A LITTLE HELP HERE!

BattleDog
03-04-2005, 03:57 AM
*A blood freezing battle cry distracts Tank-Man and Drago's black wolf sword decends, aimed squarly at the back of his neck.*

*Hal shakes off the stun effect as he draws on the Force and aims one sabre at the elf attacking his wife while the other wards off the next attack from the gun weilding elf.*

*Suddenly the elf with the weapons platform finds himself set upon by a pair of highly skilled maniacs with battle axes.*

((Red: By morningstar you mean spiky ball attached to chain, attached to handle, right?

Writer
03-04-2005, 05:28 AM
((Isn't that a mace?))


Tanara and Elaina ran toward the place they'd heard Matt calling from.

Deac
03-04-2005, 07:36 AM
[Morningstars are spiked maces/flails]

Gortick: Go home and I'll mail it you.

*He pushes back with Force Wave*

Kuuki
03-04-2005, 08:28 AM
((Mmmm Diablo ^_^))

Redwing
03-04-2005, 03:02 PM
((BD: It's a gargoyle carrying the weapons platform.

I assume the maniacs with battle axes are illusions, and wouldn't be affected by weapons. If I'm incorrect and they would react like actual creatures, well so much the better.

By morningstar I mean spiked mace not spiked flail.))

00.13

*The gargoyle with the weapons platform opens fire. Invisible blasts of force pass through the axe-wielding maniacs - and nothing happens.

The gargoyle turns his fire on the rest of the group, targeting them as if the fog wasn't there, aiming first at Guy, Drago, Hal, Tanara, and Elaina.

K'Warra, covered with snakes, struggles, distracted.

Drago's sword embeds itself in the thick carapace of the gray-armored man's armor and sticks. The gray-armored man backhands him with his halberd-carrying arm.

Hal's thrown lightsaber impacts on the elf's neck - and glances off the gray material covering it.*

((Assuming Hal can't follow up since he's deflecting/dodging force blasts.))

Elf: [i]Ashaneriskafilesium.

*A blast of light, a sleep spell, hits Alessa, who is already stunned. The woman drops to the ground, asleep.

Orthos' attacker puts her hand up, resisting, and is shoved back by the Force wave but manages to stay on her feet. She lowers her hand and smirks*

Twin 2: Oh no, I think it'd be much better if you came with me.

*She turns her stun blaster up to full power and fires, and keeps firing*

00.10

Kuuki
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
*Sir-vin stops somewhere between Matt and twin 2.

Sir-vin senses the force being used agenst the twin, and then sees the fire from the twin.

He extends his hand at the twin and force pulls at the weapon, somewhat greater power behind the push that was done to her from orthos.
Then he flicks his wrist and force pushes at her ankles attempting to make her fall on her face.*

jokemaster
03-04-2005, 07:30 PM
*Matt by now decided that if he was going to try harming the tank-guy he was going to do it now. quickly twisted himself, and punched the man hard as he could in the face. *

Deac
03-05-2005, 03:26 AM
[OOS: Red...Orthos is safely away. You mean Gortick]

*Gortick drops his sword*

Gortick: Arg

*He tries using the force to hold the blasts back, but eventually they begin to build up against his wall of force. They break through and he is knocked flying backwards, unconscious*

BattleDog
03-07-2005, 05:59 AM
((ROFL! Red, you're wrong on all counts.))

1. The Axe weilding maniacs are the two House Guards who, unless the gargoyle has special sensors, would be very able to sneek up on him, especially since they're not waering armour.

2. Hal never threw his sabre, he attacked hand to hand

3. How the hell do you back hand some one while carrying a halbard, unless Tank is supposed to have split his head open.

4. I find it very odd the sword got stuck.))

Redwing
03-07-2005, 12:56 PM
((Deac: Correct.

BD: 1. You should've explained that. :p And yes, all the attackers have special sensors, why do you think they're attacking in very thick fog? :) In this case, they'll just get blasted backwards for their effort.

2. Ah, misunderstood that.

3. Very awkwardly, and not literally backhanded him necessarily. Poor wording. He hit him, with his hand, which was holding the halberd (and getting in the way).

4. I'm assuming Drago's sword was able to pierce it. He could jerk it loose, naturally, but the armor is made of very weird material.

Admiral: The answer to your PM is that your assumption is correct (would reply specifically but I have about a minute left on the computer here.)

Will post later :p))

Writer
03-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Tanara lunged for Elaina and took them both to the ground, hitting it just as the shots from the gargoyle flew past overhead.

"I definitely need training," Elaina grumbled. "I didn't even sense those coming. Tanara shrugged and pulled her sister to her feet.

"It does take practice," she said, "though I never had that kind of training in a real life situation... always with training remotes."

She deflected two more shots with her lightsaber and they plunged harmlessly into the sand.

BattleDog
03-08-2005, 03:58 AM
((Red, if they had special sensors YOU should have made that clear. :D ))

*Drago tears his blade free and attacks the same spot again.*

*Hal continues his relentless attack.*

*The two Housegaurds role as they hit and circle the gargoyle with menace.*

Kuuki
03-08-2005, 10:39 AM
((he made it clear to me over AIM

however if he specifed that his characters could see perfectly clear through the fog, i wonder how simple it would be if someone elses characters could too.

*believes that red intended on his characters being able to see with out everyone else knowing*))

Redwing
03-11-2005, 12:10 PM
((Erg, sorry about the major posting delay, people. AGAIN. I am sucking at this lately. Stupid school/job hunting. :x

In short, Scar is right, and I think because I told him on AIM I figured I'd told everyone in the thread. My bad.

Simplistic reply since I have to leave in 15 minutes - go!))

00.08

*The twin attacking Gortick resists Sir-vin's tugging, turns and shoots at him.

The gray-armored man attempts to shake Drago off as Drago cuts at his shell. Matt's blow lands with a crack, causing the gray-armored man to freeze for the instant.

Hal finds himself under attack from the other twin's blaster as the elf fires another spell at him.

The gargoyle carrying the weapons platform blasts away at the House Guards, bombarding them with blasts of force*

00.07

((OOS: The blasts of force are meant to disable not destroy. It's like being hit by a wall, rather than a blaster bolt. It won't pierce your armor, but it'll certainly knock you over.))

Deac
03-11-2005, 01:50 PM
[Red: You did it again. It's Gortick! I know they may be identical twins but that does not make them the same person]

jokemaster
03-11-2005, 05:17 PM
((Red: Sorry, I meant that it was since Matt can probably figure out that if he's going to attack a tank-like man, a normal punch isn't gonna do it.

Redwing
03-12-2005, 02:44 AM
((Originally posted by Deac
[Red: You did it again. It's Gortick! I know they may be identical twins but that does not make them the same person]

CRAP. Why do I keep doing that?! They're totally different entities in my head...I don't even imagine them being built the same. (Gortick probably got alot more exercise than his twin. ;)) I don't know what's wrong with me...

JM: Gotcha, edited.))

jokemaster
03-13-2005, 12:22 AM
*Matt now used a force-agumented kick to the man's back.*

Redwing
03-13-2005, 01:04 AM
((So he kicked Drago? o.O))

jokemaster
03-13-2005, 04:14 PM
((The tank-man. I was running out of battery so I didn't type the whole thing.))

Redwing
03-13-2005, 05:22 PM
((Drago is on his back stabbing him...er...at least I thought he was x_X

...BD?))

jokemaster
03-13-2005, 05:29 PM
((Oh wait, yeah he is.....I read BD's post wrong the first time.
*goes to edit*
*decides it's not worth the effort.*
Just disregard the previous post))
*Matt force-agument punches the tank-man's face again.*

Redwing
03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
00.06

*Bright lights burst through the fog from K'Warra's position.

The tank-man's head swings to the side*

Tank-man: You shouldn't do that.

*He lifts Matt over his head and slams him bodily into the ground, stunning him.

The man in the white trenchcoat fires at Sir-vin from behind with both guns. Caught in crossfire, he is hit with multiple stun-bolts and dropped.

Outside the wall of force, Guy's ship continues to bombard the field, with no effect.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the others distracted with bolts of force. The white-trenchcoated man sprays the area with stun-bolts, keeping Hal away from the spellcasting elf as she turns and fires a burst of spells into the mist as Guy approaches. Guy tries to dodge the magic, able to half-see it with his second sight, but several spells hit him. The sandy beach reaches up to engulf the blind man.

K'Warra continues to struggle with snakes.

One of the ork twins drags Aidan through one of the portals, vanishing.

The other twin picks up her sword that Gortick had dropped. She smiles and puts it on her back. She picks up Gortick and heads through another portal.

The tank-man abandons his fight with Drago and hustles for another portal, carrying a half-conscious Matt.

The other attackers head back towards their portals, keeping each other covered with fire*

00.02

BattleDog
03-14-2005, 04:11 PM
((Sorry, I was finishing KOTOR. Now I have to get II))

*Hal continues to deflect bolts and spells back at the evles.*

*Drago delives a savage kick to tank man's leg and follows up with a brutal hack at his other leg as he leaves.*

*The House Gaurds Beserk and attack the weapons platform with the force and fury of ten men.*

((Whatever Admiral may turn them into Beserkers are men in the grip of the "Battle-madness" they basically cease to feel pain, fatigue or pretty much anything. The only way to stop them is mechanically, i.e. head off. Since they don't really tire their attacks are very ferocious and since they have no fear they take chances a normal warrior wouldn't

They're pretty bad.))

Redwing
03-14-2005, 04:31 PM
((Yeah BD, they are being stopped mechanically, with blasts of kinetic force. Any pain that might result from this is merely a side effect.

By the way you can't deflect spells (at least of this type) with lightsabers, so I'm assuming Hal is actually dodging. :)

Out of time, will reply later.))

Admiral
03-14-2005, 05:02 PM
((Also true beserkers have at times attacked their own allies. Often strip off armor and clothing. IT was common for them to cut themselves, and just charge their oppenents.

I have been very busy hence a lack of replies and I have to keep this short.))

*Moments after the forcefield was raised, the Asgardried cloaked, and tookoff. As the ship analyzes the field for potential weaknesses, the Aesir once again donned their armor, and headed towards the entrance ramp.

Not finding a viable weakspot to attack, the Asgardried fires it medium powered weaponry at the spots Guy's ship recently attacked*

Kuuki
03-15-2005, 02:29 AM
Beach

*Sir-vin attempts to dodge the stun bolts aimed at him. It doesn't take long for him to relise that the barrage from three people just too much for him to dodge.

He suddenly feels a drain with the force, enough to cuase him reel from. Not even an instant thereafter he gets hit with several bolts and collapses onto the sand...*

BattleDog
03-15-2005, 04:00 AM
((Admiral: Yes, absolutly, however that all depends on exactly how beserk they go. I also suspect it has to do with what kind of beserker they are, magic mushrooms vs extrme battlefield stress.))

Redwing
03-15-2005, 07:26 PM
((Scar: Disregarding post, not that it really matters. See discussion thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141409&perpage=40&pagenumber=2).

Everyone else: I moved the relevant discussion posts to the discussion thread. :)))

00.01

*The tank-man weathers Drago's blows as he moves towards the portal and disappears through it, still carrying Matt.

The gargoyle with the weapons platform keeps the berserkers at bay with his cannons before disappearing through his own portal. The elf does the same to Hal.

The man in the white trenchcoat heads through the portal last, never ceasing his firing. His portal, the last one, closes in front of him as he backs through it.*

00.00

*The mass of snakes covering K'Warra fall away. K'Warra stumbles druggedly, magic lights sparkling around him. Pinprick wounds of dozens of snakebites cover his body.

The sand engulfing Guy falls away and he gasps for breath.

The blasts from Guy's ship and the Asgardried impact into the sand as the shimmering field collapses under the blows, or perhaps simply from loss of power.

Gray material adhering to Drago's blade where he had deeply hit the tank-man with it turns to dust and falls away*





((Anyone is free to post that you followed the attackers through the portals, but if you do, don't count on not being captured. Also, you'll be stranded in an enemy base with little to no chance of hiding.

Anyone stunned can specify when they wake up, because it's more convenient that way.

Next post storyline will be split appropriately, following the captives and main group separately. :)

Now that this is done, I want you all to keep in mind that the original plan was for this to happen on page TWO. TWO. :D))

Kuuki
03-15-2005, 07:49 PM
((A tutu?))

Deac
03-16-2005, 10:37 AM
[Red: Sounds like fun...]

Asgardried, 00:20

Orthos: What the hell?

*He runs out as fast as he can, but by the time he gets to the beach there is only swirling sands and the signs of battle*

------------------------------
Asgardried, 00:28

*Ellela is making her way toward the exit, considering taking a stroll, but suddenly senses fear coming from Gortick*

Ellela: Damn.

*She uses the force to speed out, finally arriving just as the last portal is about to close, and, without thinking, leaps through*

jokemaster
03-16-2005, 05:59 PM
*Matt woke up shortly after they carried him through the portal.*

Redwing
03-20-2005, 01:46 AM
Beach

*K'Warra slurs something loudy and unintelligibly*

Guy: They've gone? Is everyone here? Is everyone alright?

----------

Through the Portals

*As Ellela leaps through the portal, she finds herself on an immense flight deck.

The attackers are all in a circle around the portals. Matt, Aidan and Gortick are being loaded onto robotic stretchers. Several droids and gray-suited humanoids stand over them.

The deck swarmed with humanoids, droids, and creatures of unknown origin.

Dozens of guns are pointed in Ellela's direction at once*

Deac
03-20-2005, 09:40 AM
*Elella looks up*

Elella: Uh-oh. Hey...this isn't where I parked my speeder...

*Begins backing away slowly*

BattleDog
03-22-2005, 04:48 PM
*Drago knocks one of the House Guards on the head, then smashes his fist into the other one's jaw.*

Drago: They took Matt.

*Hal is leaning over Allessa, she is still unconcious.*

((Red: You chose when she wakes up.))

Redwing
03-23-2005, 05:47 PM
((She can wake up whenever you want. XD))

Beach

Guy: What? They took him?

----------

Through the Portals

*The white-trenchoat man walks up to Ellela, both guns aimed at her*

Trenchcoat Man: Put your weapon down and you won't be injured.

Deac
03-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Elella: Damn. Fine.

*Elella places her lightsaber slowly on the ground*

Elella: Just don't break it.

*Elella casts her mind back to a training manual Orthos had downloaded for her*

A jedi's weapon is the force...a lightsaber is merely a symbol of its potency...

Kuuki
03-24-2005, 02:15 AM
Beach

*Sir-Vin sits up, he places a hand next to his temple. It had been too soon it seemed to get back into anysort of fray..

He spins his head around when he heard about Matt being abducted. He let's out a strong sigh, more at himself then anything.*

((oh yeah, red i finally edited my post. you should argee with it ^^))

BattleDog
03-24-2005, 10:38 AM
Drago: Yes, through the portal. I don't see Gortick either, or Elella.

Admiral
03-24-2005, 03:00 PM
((BD: I haven't forgotten about explaining the Aesir's armor I just don't have time at the moment))

*The Asgardried continues to circle the beach under cloak. The ship does lower it's ramp and closes with the ground to allow Heimdall, Viddall, Svafa and Idona to jump down near the surf. Once they are off the ship the ramp is immediatly raised and the Asgardried again gains altitude. Unseen during this two Viking Class II fighters are launched from the Asgardried.

Heimdall and the three other Aesir head towards the remaining members of the group on the beach eyes constantly moving looking for possible threats.

The Drakes land on the beach joining the Aesir.*

Writer
03-30-2005, 12:01 AM
Tanara and Elaina soon joined the growing group on the beach. Both had deactivated their lightsabers, but still held them ready in preparation for another attack if one should come.

"From my perspective, they simply vanished," Elaina said. "Where did they go?"

"They went through some kind of portal," Tanara answered. "But where they ended up is something only they know, I think..." her voice trailed off thoughtfully.

Redwing
03-30-2005, 12:13 AM
Beach

*Several minature explosions in the sand mark the portal generators self-destructing. Simultaneously, a bright light appears in the sky.

The front section of Guy's ship breaks off and hovers next to him. The cockpit splits open and encloses Guy into itself.

K'Warra finally collapses on the ground.

Guy's voice comes from his ship*

Guy: Aidan, Ellela, Gortick and Matt are all missing. Our attackers are gone. Their ship has self-destructed. I cannot trace the portal destinations.

*A cocoon of white light appears around K'Warra's body and a new form rises out of it. The light dissipates, revealing a new double of K'Warra. The old body dissolves into so much more sand*

----------

Through the Portals

*A small mechanical robot scurries up and picks up Ellela's lightsaber*

Trenchcoat Man: Don't bother trying to use...what do you call it..."The Force." This base has top-of-the-line telekinetic and psychic suppressors. They don't even trust us with counters...

*A woman in a gray and black suit approaches.*

Woman: You captured four of the targets? Excellent work.

*A woman dressed in blue armor steps from a remaining open portal. Ellela recognizes her ((or not)) as the woman who shot the dark elf that K'Warra took control of during the Midgard attack*

Blue-armored Woman: Thanks for your congratulations, but a bonus might be more tangible evidence of gratitude.

Woman: If the ritual is successful you can expect a sizeable one.

jokemaster
03-30-2005, 10:57 PM
*Matt tensed slightly at the word 'ritual'*

BattleDog
03-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Drago: Who are you? the Narrator?

*Allessa finally comes to.*

Allessa: What happened?

Deac
03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Through Portals

Elella: Ritual?

Writer
03-31-2005, 07:35 PM
"It would seem to have been a highly planned kidnapping," Tanara said in response to Allessa's question. Elaina shivered slightly, thinking to herself that her sister had shut off all emotion to say what she had. There had been almost no emotion in Tanara's voice when she spoke.

Elaina on the other hand was highly agitated. She kept silent to avoid giving that fact away, but inside, she wondered if their strange attackers would return for more of them. She sighed, frustrated that they had taken the one of the company who had been most like her; Matt. The only consolation she could find was that they had not taken Tanara. One left out of two wasn't bad.

Redwing
04-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Beach

*K'Warra laughs on the ground*

K'Warra: So this was the point. I wondered why they wouldn't just kill you outright. It would've been so much easier.

*Guy's ship unfolds itself and deposits him on the sand*

Guy: *to K'Warra* What do you know about this?

K'Warra: Not anything more than you do! But I can guess. Why do you think they didn't try to take me?

----------

Through the Portals

*The suited woman smiles at Ellela*

Woman: Yes. I regret to say we can't offer you a choice in the matter. Don't worry your pretty little head, it probably won't kill you. Naturally, I'd prefer it if it didn't. Any being is more valuable alive.

*The blue-armored woman frowns at the suited woman*

Blue-armored Woman: Pardon me for my impatience, Miss Aren, but when can we expect our pay?

Aren: Half your pay is waiting for you right now. You'll receive the other half upon successful completion of the ritual...and your bonus. *Aren points at Ellela* Restrain her.

*Mechanical beings march towards Ellela with cuffs*

BattleDog
04-03-2005, 08:37 AM
Hal: Well could you tell us your guess? I'm more than a little concerned about what may be happening to my apprentice right now, not to mention the others.

Deac
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Through the portal

Elella: Smart option is just to let them get me and hope I make it. But there's a right way, the wrong way...and the Starkiller way....

*She drops into a fighting stance*

Redwing
04-03-2005, 04:40 PM
Beach

K'Warra: Because you have something I don't.

*K'Warra sits up and crosses his legs*

K'Warra: Here's what I have figured out. Perhaps you can enlighten me on a few key details.

*He spreads his arms*

K'Warra: You believe this universe is ending. You won't give me any details, but you have a time frame and most likely a plan for survival, or there is no way you would continue to tolerate each others' company.

*He points at Hal*

K'Warra: You, Guy, and at least half the others here - including all three who were taken - carry magic in you. In a world where magic has apparently been bound for eons, I must guess that this magic has something to do with your plan for surviving the end of the universe.

*K'Warra turns his head to look at Alessa*

K'Warra: The fact that your lover - whom you do seem to genuinely care for - doesn't carry this magic at all, nor Drago, means either you haven't had time to give it out yet, or you can't just hand it out. Or perhaps you personally aren't even aware of it and have no control over it whatsoever. *glancing at Guy* Maybe it's a secret for the privileged few.

*K'Warra smiles*

K'Warra: Either way, the logical conclusion is that your friends were kidnapped because others want this magic, and are willing to take it by any means necessary.

----------

Through the Portals

*Aren shakes her head*

Aren: Don't be foolish, humanoid.

*A bank of guns lowers and aims at Ellela*

Aren: Unless you're extremely stupid, which I grant is a possibility, you know that you have absolutely no chance.

Deac
04-04-2005, 11:59 AM
Elella: Fine.

*She drops her hands*

Elella: I hope you rot in the hells.

BattleDog
04-04-2005, 03:48 PM
Hal: First of all, she's my wife. Second, Guy mentioned something about magic.

*Looks at Guy*

Redwing
04-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Beach

K'Warra: *flippantly* That's interesting.

Guy: *looking at K'Warra* You might be right. There's no reason why you wouldn't be. But there's no reason why you would, either. They took the easiest targets. They might have ignored Alessa because they've never fought her before. You'll recall she wasn't there when we, ah, first met. They could have simply been taken to use for bait in a trap.

----------

Through the Portals

Aren: That's not very pleasant. Fortunately, as an outsider, I don't have to worry about your 'hells'.

*Manacles bind Ellela's wrists and legs*

Writer
04-11-2005, 08:37 PM
Tanara frowned thoughtfully. "Their having never fought somebody explains why they left Elaina alone..." her words trailed off uncertainly.

"But what excuse do they have for leaving the rest of you alone?" Elaina asked, completing her sister's thoughts.

Deac
04-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Elella: If we're supposed to be "pleasant", what's with the kidnapping and the likelihood of torture?

Admiral
04-12-2005, 02:45 PM
*Heimdall listened to the conversation as the Aesir approached the group. About half way there the Asgardried set Heimdall a message telling him that the map changed. A minute later they joined the others*

Heimdall: The map has changed, which means we are leaving. You can try and figure out the reason behind the kidnapping on the ship, but I would abandone any hope of seeing them alive again.

*Turning to Drago*

Drago, we accept the offer you made on Midgard, and are placing the Drakes in command.

*The Asgardried decloaks and lands near the group extending the boarding ramp. Heimdall and the Aesir that accompanied him turn and begin to head towards the ship.*

jokemaster
04-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Matt: Yeah, if you want us to be pleasant, let us go and we'll send you a thank-you card.

Redwing
04-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Beach

*K'Warra laughs*

K'Warra: Curiouser and curiouser. The immortals don't see their lost magic as a security risk. That either means they don't know enough about the magic to care or they know enough not to care.

Guy: *walking back towards his ship* We will find our friends. As soon as I can pick up their trail.

K'Warra: Oh? Will the immortals let you? They can't really understand the concept of "friend". Their minds have been baked hard by time. Time has been kind to them, given them something to hang on to to keep themselves the same. Unlike the unfortunates like me, alone and drifiting with the changing tides of the mortal world.

Guy: Your point?

K'Warra: You're getting nowhere with them whether you think you can find your friends or not...although it might be funny to see you ask. I haven't seen them get angry yet, and I'm always curious about anger.

Guy: *turning around, his neutral tone changing* If you don't have anything useful to say...

K'Warra: Jonathan, Jonathan. You aren't losing your cool, are you? What kind of seer will you become if you can't control your own emotions?

Guy: *sighing* You are going out of your way to annoy me - to annoy us, and it is unnecessary.

K'Warra: So do you actually want my help finding your friends, or not?

----------

Through the Portals

*Aren grins*

Aren: Torture? What do you take us for, barbarians? We would only torture you if there was something to be gained from it. In case you were wondering, there isn't. The Syndicate was paid well in cold hard...what do you say, credits?...to bring you in physically and mentally undamaged. Would be a shame to mess that up now.

Kuuki
04-13-2005, 04:40 PM
*Sir-Vin stood there most of the time keeping silent about what is transpiring. He began to think how could he help in rescueing the other, but then his head feels a bit dizzy, and almost falls over nearly fainted. He catches himself before he toples over and he stands back up, attempting to shake it off.

Then a single thought, jumbled but clear enough, comes into his mind...*

Sir-Vin 'What...? Did I sense that? Is he?'



*softly* "...Alive??"


-------------------

*?*

*In a planet, a far distence away from the group and those whom had been captured.

Cracern awakes into darkness, blindfolded, suspended, and almost if not completely cut off from the force.

He'd felt that feeling before, it was at the undead Sith's planet where the aseir released the ysalmari to help trap some Sith. While which Sir-vin was captured.

But now this was the nearly the 10th, or at least thats the last number of these he's counted, of the times he felt this feeling since the war on Midgard.

He feels himself each time being torchured and brought to the point where he seems to be pumbled to beyond the point of him feeling pain anymore and succumbs to the injuries and passes out.

Like each time before, he hears the same clip-clap from the boots from whom questions him everytime.

Strangely, Cracern felt oddly in good health in each time he awoke...*

?? *sinister voice* "Ah, awake again? I grow weary of this repeative process. But of course I'd expect you to say like you have been for the past few times, oh what was it? '[i]Why don't you save yourself the trouble." Was that it?"

*Cracern's expression was nothing but a bit anoyed, but almost forcing himself not to say anything that would result in a shorted time of consciousness due to yet another prolonged 'session'.*

?? "Oh? I see you still have a bit yet to go before you mgiht talk? Well, at least your expression tells enough. How about we try this again, I know you don't like the sessions we have here, so I'll be quick and leave you to them. That is, if you don't wish to contribute the information we want..."

*foot steps get closer, then Cracern feels the interigator's glove holding his chin.*

?? *slight angered* "Where, are your friends hiding? Where is Hemdall and the rest of the Aesir!"

*Cracken jerks his head from the interrigator's grip. And the Interrigator's feet sound as if they step away.

Then the sound Cracern hears before he gets pumbled... Sandpeople, or Tuskin Raiders, as people may call them. The skreeches from them nearly made Cracern shutter, and the distinct footsteps evenly walked away, and a large metal door slams. And then for as long as Cracern can manage to keep awake, he gets pumbled, pounded, and shocked from the Sandpeople's staff's, specially equiped with electric prods.*


*Screams from Cracern could be heard echoing down the passage ways outside the room he's kept in...*

Kuuki
04-16-2005, 07:49 AM
((*Posts a friendly reminder that May 20th is my grad date, and from there i have no idea where i would be sent, what ever or not i would have internet access... hard to come by on a ship....*))

BattleDog
04-16-2005, 05:20 PM
((I'm back))

Drago: *To Heimdall.* My Lord, the Drakes will be accepted badly. If they are sent on their own it is likely that the Agamari will simply ignore them. They may very well try to kill them since the people have a deeply ingrained hatred of Dragons. I speak for only two tribes directly; normally the Aduri and the Relinio would be automatically backed by the Aduni, the Nessa and the Calledoni. I would still be to convince at least two other tribes, normally that would be no problem but I do not believe they will accept this.

Admiral
04-16-2005, 08:32 PM
Heimdall: Do what you must, but the Drakes will be in command. They are the only real hope your forces have of surviving longer then a year. Also keep in mind that the Agamari do not need to like this they only need to obey and you will be accompaning the Drakes.

BattleDog
04-17-2005, 08:08 AM
Hal: If the point is forced there will be bloodshed. Drago, how high will the cost be?

Drago: Your Uncle holds the Aduni, you are undisputed as the leader of the Aduri and through your wife the Relinio. The other tribes would opsose and call for a duel. If we refused we would win the war.

*Hal frowns and nods.*

Hal: Who holds the Nessa?

Drago: They have no nobles, Lord Briscoe would lead by default but he has been kidnapped. They are lead by Wigferth.

Hal: Stonewall? Then we have no choice. *He turns to Heimdall and explains.* Drago is disqualified from death duels on the grounds that he cannot die. In this case the opponent would be a Calledonian and the best Calledonian swordsman remaining is Caster. Caster was a match for my father. If you insist on this then I will have to fight him. I have sworn my oaths and I will kill this man if you ask me.

jokemaster
04-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
((*Posts a friendly reminder that May 20th is my grad date, and from there i have no idea where i would be sent, what ever or not i would have internet access... hard to come by on a ship....*))
((On the other hand you'll be able to watch Episode III on the 19th.....))
Matt *to tank-guy*: Hey, you mind moving your arm a bit? You're holding me at a really awkward position, and it's killing my back.

Kuuki
04-17-2005, 10:59 PM
((one: yes, thank you for acknologing that

two: already have plans to see eps 3))

Writer
04-21-2005, 01:43 AM
Elaina turned to Tanara and whispered, "What was that about a map?"

Tanara shrugged and shook her head. "They're carrying a map," she said. "As near as I can figure, it stays the same until a portion of this quest is complete. Then, it changes and we're supposed to move on to the next part."

"What happens at the end?" Elaina wondered. Tanara shook her head.

"We've been so busy that I never really wondered," she answered. "As it is, I never asked, so I'm not really sure."

"Just go with the flow, then?" Elaina asked. Tanara shrugged.

"Now that you're here, I have something to do again," she said, smiling. "You need training."

"When does that start?"

"As soon as possible, I imagine," Tanara answered.

Redwing
04-21-2005, 03:07 PM
((OOS: Has anyone actually boarded the Asgardried? Is the conversation with Heimdall taking place on the beach? Confused...))

BattleDog
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
((Well I think they're on the ramp, thats assuming Heimdall stopped walking. Unfortunatly for Admiral in the time he's been away I have worked out precisly how to outmanuver and sideline his Drakes)

Redwing
04-29-2005, 11:21 PM
((apologies for not posting, been exhausted + busy + drained alot recently...

hey, why am I apologizing, I'm still technically waiting for Admiral :)))

jokemaster
05-01-2005, 02:20 PM
((My posting may be erraatic during thenext year or so. ))

Deac
05-01-2005, 05:18 PM
[Is this it then? Am I the only one who can post anymore? I hope not...it's been fun.]

Redwing
05-01-2005, 05:54 PM
((Hell no you're not. XD

Just because I can't post as often doesn't mean I'm not going to post anymore ;)

Plus, I have far too many plans for these RPGs to abandon them just because they're slow and I'm busy. ^_^

In fact, I have time to post right now XD (although I'm gonna hold on Cantina for the time being since Cracken CLAIMED he would reply soon a couple days ago... >_>)

Also, JM? The tank-man isn't holding Matt anymore XD))


Through the Portals

*Armored androids, directed by gray-outfitted humanoids, attach Ellela to an upright, robotic stretcher similar to the ones Gortick, Matt and Aidan are attached to. She is pinned immobile.

One of the gray-outfitted humanoids barks orders in an alien language. Aren interrupts him*

Aren: Oh, there's no need to put the captives in containment yet. Why don't you send them along with me?

*The gray-outfitted humanoid looks at Aren incredulously, and answers in the alien language. Aren's reply, strangely, has undertones of the same alien language but is perfectly understandable to Ellela and the others*

Aren: Because I'm in charge. I seriously doubt they could pose a threat like this. Besides, we wouldn't want them to be bored, now would we?

*The gray-outfitted humanoid looks wary, but turns to bark different orders to the androids*

Aren: *smiling at Ellela and Matt; Gortick and Ellela Aidan being still unconscious; her language now losing the undertones of the alien tongue, sounding like natural if accented Basic* I imagine you have to be curious about all this. Frankly, I'm curious too. About you.

edited because Ellela is not Aidan

Deac
05-02-2005, 12:17 PM
[I think we might have to work AROUND Cracken for the time being. But thanks for the vote of support]

*Gortick awakes*

Gortick: *Before his eyes opened* Orthos? I had this real wierd dream...there were those guys from Guy's dimension...* Opens eyes* Balls.

Admiral
05-02-2005, 10:30 PM
((Please have a little more patience. After tuesday next week I'll be able to post more. (finals will be over giving me much needed free time))

Writer
05-10-2005, 09:49 PM
((Me first and last final is tomorrow... with that said, I'd better finish up the take-home part, shouldn't I?:D ))

Redwing
07-21-2005, 02:27 AM
((New thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149769), until the missing page or so gets restored. If it doesn't, well, then the new thread gets to be permanent. :)))