PDA

View Full Version : Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers

Pages : [1] 2

Redwing
12-13-2004, 06:27 PM
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away...

Star Wars: Cantina Six: Postlude to Holocaust Chapter Six

Strangers

It is a dark time for the galaxy. One year ago, as the remnants of the Empire and the struggling New Republic fought each other unawares, a mysterious alien force called the Aesir unleashed destruction across the galaxy. Four-fifths of the galaxy's intelligent life was destroyed as the stars giving light to its population centers went supernova, leaving only Coruscant and small planets with sparse populations untouched.

The galaxy at large know little about the Aesir's motivations. Some claim that the act was vengeance for the death of the Aesir's leader, Odin. The Aesir tell those who can listen that the death of their leader signalled the painful destruction of the galaxy. They say they struck first through mercy, offering as many as possible a quick death so few would have to suffer what was to come.

Shortly after the Holocaust, a few Aesir and an unlikely assortment of unusual beings from all over the galaxy - even from other dimensions - assembled to begin a long-prophesied quest to find a device called the Time Matrix. It is said that this device grants the power to undo time and set right what has happened.

According to prophecy, to find the Time Matrix, champions must seek:

"Ten keys
Seven gates
Fire, Eye, and Ice"

Thus far, the group has found five of the ten keys, and unlocked four of the seven gates, helped by an ever-changing map that comes with each new key. They have encountered many dangers, passed many strange tests, faced alien supernatural powers, and even had one of their own betray them during their quest. They have used up one year of the alloted time frame of twenty-two years before the forces of evil destroy the galaxy altogether.

In the last chapter, the group was taken to Midgard, home of the Aesir. There, an enormous, day-long battle was fought, between billions of supernatural, evil monsters and undead Sith and a relatively tiny force of Aesir - and a few volunteers from the group. With odds of thirty-three thousand to one, the forces of evil easily won this corrupted version of Ragnarok, and the few surviving Aesir along with the group was forced to retreat while they had the chance. It is clear that finding the Time Matrix is the only hope for saving the galaxy.

The survivors have arrived on the planet Katrin for rest and supplies, waiting for the mysterious map to once again change and tell them their next destination...

----------

Rules:

* No godmoding.
* Try and keep most out-of-character discussion in the discussion thread. (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141409)
* New people please post a character description.

----------

Current characters:

Aidan: Gargoyle (male), Aetherian alien
Allessa: Human (female), Agamarian
Asgardreid: Aesirian Ship
Cracern: Human Clone (male), Force Adept - MIA, presumed dead
Drago: Human Immortal (male), Mrearan expatriate, Agamarian
Elella: Human (female), Atredian Force Adept, Orthos' cousin
Guy: Human (male), former Shadow, Aetherian alien
Gerd: Jotun (female), presumed to be an Aesirian child
Gortick: Human (male), Atredian expatriate, Orthos' brother
Hal: Human (male), Agamarian Jedi Knight
Heimdall: Aesir (male), Einherjar, Vidar's brother
Idona: Aesir (female), Valkyrie Hunter
Idun: Aesir (female), Beserk Healer
Josine: Human (female) - dead
Marin: Amnaer (female), Aetherian alien
Matt: Human (male), Agamarian Force Adept, being trained in the Jedi arts
Misae: Human (female), former Jedi Knight - turned traitor
Orthos: Human (male), Atredian Avatar
Ragnar: Aesir (male), Beserk
Raschel: K'Beran (female), NRI operative
Ritchet: Interdimensional Alien Being (male), appears as a talking, teleporting mouse
Sir-vin: Human (male), pseudo-Jedi Knight - comatose
Svafa: Aesir (female), Valkyrie
Tanara: Human (female), Jedi Knight
Valda: Aesir (female), Valkyrie Healer
Vidar: Aesir (male)
Viddal: Aesir (male)

----------

Kartin

((This first section written by Admiral.))

*Two days have passed since the battle at Midgard. The world of Kartin was suffering greatly, its citizens were barely able to make a living. Food was in short supply and now very expensive, only the richest on the world could afford food every day.

The Asgardried, landed along side a long sandy beach. The ramp was extended, although the interior doors remained closed. The group could come and go as they please. There was a winding path that lead a small village two miles away.

During the two day journey to Kartin, Heimdall worked mainly in his forge coming out only to eat. He crafted a permanent arm for Tanara on the first day. The arm looked exactly like the one she lost, except it was blue made out of mithril. There were also silver runes carved into it at the point it would attached to the her original arm.

When it was finished, Idun immediatly took Tanara into surgery and attached the replacement. Otherwise, Idun and Valda spent most of the journey tending to the others who were wounded. By the time they reached Kartin most of the group had recovered from their wounds.

The Drakes had followed the Asgardried, clinging to the hull while the ship was in slipstream. At the moment the drakes were relaxing along the beach, but keeping an eye out for any potential enemies that may come after the group.*

*Aidan slept in stone form aboard the Asgardried, alone in his room under a portable sun lamp. Marin sat outside, watching the Drakes on the beach. Raschel had gone to head to the village to see if her remaining credits would buy anything.*

----------

Kartin System, Beran Minor

*Guy exits warp space above an icy, empty world.

His ship has greatly expanded in size, with several new sections added on to its modular frame, not to mention a piece still attached to the side that was what remained of the mercenary ship.

Receiving info from his ship's sensors, Guy mentally surveys the situation and comms the Asgardried*

Guy: I have arrived at the coordinates your ship gave me. Either there is some mistake, or is there something you would like to explain?

Admiral
12-13-2004, 07:21 PM
*The Asgardried answered Guy's query, though a set of relays. Tracing the message would lead to a barren plain on Beran Minor.*

Asgardried: We are just taking precautions to ensure the saftey of the group. What has happened to your vessel?

----------------------------------------

*Vidar finally awoke from his two day coma. Valda had stayed with him every moment she could. When Vidar came out of his coma, she was at his side, smiling warmly at him.

Vidar tried to sit up, but he was still to weak from his encounter with Fenrir and couldn't manage.*

Valda: Lay, down. It will be another day until you can stand and move around normally.
----------------------------------------

*Viddall, and Ragnar were currently manning the bridge, listening to the Asgardried as it talked to Guy. Svafa, Idona, and Idun were walking along the beach, Gerd was in front of them walking in the surf.

Heimdall, decided to take a break from working in his forge. He walked to an outcropping of rocks and sat down, gazing at the water and trying to relax to the soothing sounds of waves.*

Writer
12-14-2004, 06:10 AM
Tanara sat alone on a large rock on the beach. She had no idea where to reach Elaina, but she knew it must be done. With a small sigh, she reached up and brushed her hair out of her face, wincing as the new hand touched her face. She had still not grown accustomed to the coolness of its touch.

Your sister is not far from here.

Tanara bolted upright from her slightly relaxed position and slid off the rock, landing on her feet.

"Where?" she demanded.

Patience. She will come to you.

Tanara nodded uncertainly and returned to the Asgardried.

"You've tired me out again," Elaina complained. "Why must you do this to me?"

"You must be prepared for a fight," Kira's cold voice retorted. "It is the only way..." her voice trailed off. Then, she spoke again, no more than a whisper. "Your sister is here."

"Finally!" Elaina exclaimed. "Let us go to her."

"As we shall," Kira agreed, putting Elaina's legs into motion, running toward the beach. When she got there, she slowed to a walk. "Finally! This is the ship your sister boarded."

She walked forward, remembering that the ship had spoken to Tanara.

"You are not called the Sky Swinger," she retorted. "That's what the records called you, but they also said you were heading here. You didn't... at least not right away."

"I'm looking for my sister," Elaina cut in, surprising Kira in her sudden control over her own voice.

Let me handle this! she screamed from inside Elaina's head, but Elaina refused, pushing Kira temporarily to the back of her mind.

"Her name's Tanara," she continued. "I want to see her."

Deac
12-14-2004, 07:43 AM
*Orthos sits at the small desk in his room, looking out the viewport*

Orthos: How sad. Every world we go to seems to get worse....

Admiral
12-14-2004, 09:45 AM
*Viddal watches Elaina on a video screen, on the next monitor is a scan of her showing weapons and armor she has. He flips a switch allowing him to talk to Elaina*

Viddal: Place your lightsaber, and sword on the shelf.

*A small door opens and a shelf extends itself. The shelf is large enough to fit the sword and lightsaber*

Then we will talk about you seeing Tanara.

*He flips another switch sealing the doors into the ship. The Drakes on the beach watch Elaina cloesly*

Redwing
12-14-2004, 03:23 PM
Guy: I have reintegrated its other sections. Their storage base was in danger of being compromised and I did not want to risk them being destroyed. Is there anything else you wish to know?

Admiral
12-14-2004, 03:32 PM
Asgardreid: Is there any reason why we shouldn't tell you our location?

Redwing
12-14-2004, 03:41 PM
Guy: No...

Admiral
12-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Asgardried: Fine, make your way to Kartin, same system as your in. Suggest you make planetfall at night unless you can mask your ship. By... oh did you bring me anything?

Redwing
12-14-2004, 03:52 PM
Guy: I can mask my ship, although I could give you a better answer if you told me what I need to mask it from. I didn't bring you specifically anything, but I have brought the three captives of the mercernaries, who remain in their cages. I don't intend to let them out until they speak with the rest of you. Incidentally, one has already awakened, a young human by the name of Chere. She claims to have known Aidan and Marin.

Admiral
12-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Asgardried: Mask your ship from the locals so they don't bother us.

jokemaster
12-14-2004, 06:22 PM
*Matt was currently training with a training sword on a practice dummy*

Redwing
12-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Beran Minor

Guy: Very well.

*Guy sets the new destination coordinates, activates several of the ship's cloaking devices - designed to block the sensory detection of both creatures and most machines - and jumps back into warp-space*

----------

Asgardried, Aidan's Room

*The sun-lamp deactivates after a preset amount of time. After a short period of time, Aidan wakes up, cracking and bursting his stone shell.

His sleep cycle was hopelessly out of sync with the day/night cycle of this world, which was a commonplace occurence by now. Space travel, plus traveling with day-walkers tended to do that.

Aidan's wounds were healed, yet after two days, he still felt hazy from the fight. Also present was an unpleasant, unwelcome sense of guilt*

BattleDog
12-14-2004, 11:17 PM
*Drago leans against a wall watching Matt work.*

Drago: Good, you are progressing. You seem to have mastered the basics.

Writer
12-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Once again without Kira's permission, Elaina took off her weapons belt and placed it on the shelf. Once this was done, she heard Kira's voice screaming at her in her head.

You should have let me handle it! You never know when you'll need those weapons!

"Now can I see my sister?" Elaina asked, ignoring Kira.

Admiral
12-15-2004, 08:06 AM
*Viddall flips a switch retracting the shelf with Elaina's weapons on it once the shelf was back inside the door closes sealing the weapons inside the ship.*

Viddall: You will get them back when you leave.

*He then turn switches the comm from external to internal.*

Viddall: Tanara, someone claiming to be your sister has arrived at the ship. Look at the monitor closes to you to see an image of her. She is currently unarmed.

*Viddall maniuplates controls, so that Tanara could leave the ship if she wanted but Elaina could not enter it*

Writer
12-15-2004, 08:28 AM
Tanara didn't even bother looking at the monitor. "It is my sister."

She stood and headed out. When she reached Elaina, the two women embraced.

"Somebody told me you'd be here," Elaina whispered. Tanara nodded, her face emotionless. Then, Elaina caught a glimpse of Tanara's arm and her face paled.

"What happened to you?" she demanded. Tanara smiled briefly.

"I lost an arm, so what?" she answered. It was at this point that Kira managed to regain control over Elaina. Her face paled even more and her eyes faded. Tanara noticed the difference and sighed.

"We have a lot to talk about," she said. "Did you come unarmed?"

"The ship ate my weapons," Kira answered, doing her best to sound like Elaina. She smiled slightly. Tanara nodded, not fooled for an instant. She turned back to the ship.

"Release my sister's weapons," she said. "We're going for a walk and I don't want her to be unarmed."

Admiral
12-15-2004, 08:53 AM
*Viddall switches the comm back external.*

Viddall: No.

Writer
12-15-2004, 08:58 AM
"What?" Tanara exclaimed. Kira's eyes widened. "Why not?"

Admiral
12-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Viddall: For one you are a Jedi and should be able to protect your sister on this planet without even having to draw your lightsaber. Secondly we do not trust her. However, if you are really fearful for her saftey we can have a drake accompany you and then there is absolutely nothing to fear.

Otherwise unless I hear from Lord Heimdall, my decision will stand.

BattleDog
12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
*Hal and Allessa are walking along the beach, both wear nondescript Rim-World clothing.*

Hal: Are you sure about this.

Allessa: Yes, I am.

Hal: Good, because convincing them isn't going to be easy.

Writer
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
Tanara's face relaxed and she nodded. "Of course. It makes sense. No matter. Come, Elaina."

They left the ship without Kira's weapons and continued in silence for a time. When they were hidden from view, Tanara turned to Kira.

"You wanted to see me," she said softly. "Here I am. What is it?"

"I'm not letting you out of my sight again," Kira answered, hoping to sound like Elaina. Tanara was not fooled.

"I know what you meant by that," she said. Suddenly, Kira lunged forward, taking Tanara down to the ground. When the two women separated, Tanara's lightsaber was in Kira's hands. With a smirk, she activated its blade.

"Perhaps you're not as intelligent or strong as I thought," she retorted. Without a word, Tanara rolled up her right sleeve, showing her new forearm.

"Do you know what this is made of?" she asked. Kira shrugged. "From what I'm told, it's a mixture of Mithril and cortosis. So you see, I let you take my lightsaber, for without it, you would have a serious disadvantage. Besides that, I have a defense against it."

With a low growl, Kira lashed out with the lightsaber. Tanara lifted her arm and blocked the swing. Her sleeve fell over the arm again, but she paid no attention to it. In a few more seconds, the sleeve was ripped to shreds. Tanara lunged forward and gripped the blade of her lightsaber, pulling backward as she lifted a leg up to kick Kira's hand. At this, the lightsaber went flying over Tanara's head and she released it.

"Hand to hand," Kira growled. Tanara nodded and came forward. The two began wrestling. At first, neither one appeared to have the advantage over the other, but over time, Tanara began to gain the upper hand. Finally, she wrestled Kira to the ground, holding her there.

"You did what you promised," she said. "Now I will make a promise. I'll not let you keep your hold on my sister. Do you hear me, Kira? I'm fulfilling this promise. Now!"

Holding Kira's throat with her right hand, she placed her real hand on Elaina's forhead. A strangled cry came from Elaina's mouth as she continued to struggle under Kira's influence. Then, suddenly she went limp. Tanara gasped and fell backward as Kira passed from Elaina to Tanara.

"I've got you!" Tanara whispered. Elaina remained motionless on the ground. Tanara groaned and dropped flat on her back. She could regain control of Kira as she once had, but it was different this time. Kira didn't want to be in Tanara and was trying again to get out.

"Don't think I'll let you," Tanara snapped, using the Force and her own willpower to trap Kira in a dark corner of Tanara's mind forever.

Finally, Tanara sat up.

Release me! Kira screamed. Tanara managed a weak smile.

"I don't think so," she said. "Do you see my sister there? Look through my eyes. That is what you did to her. Don't think I'll let you do it again."

Slowly, she got to her feet and went over to Elaina. She felt her strength returning and gently picked her sister up. Using the Force to retrieve her lightsaber, Tanara turned back toward the Asgardried.

When she came into view again, she was still carrying Elaina who was still unconscious. She approached the ship and stopped.

"Elaina needs medical attention," she said. Then, she collapsed, apparently in need of some medical attention herself.

Admiral
12-15-2004, 08:44 PM
*Viddall manipulated a couple of controls then turned to Ragnar*

Viddall: I'm going to help Valda, with those two *motioning to a monitor showing Tanara and Elaina.* I'll be back in a little bit.

Ragnar: This could be funny, I'll record it. Have fun.

Viddall: Thanks.

*Viddall, stands and meets Valda at the entrance. The two walk down the ramp and then headed towards the collasped sisters. When they reached them Viddall immediatly bent over Tanara and removed her lightsaber, placing it with Elaina's weapons. Valda meanwhile disentangled the sisters and looked at them.*

Valda: I want both of them bound before I treat them, but don't want to bring them inside the ship...

*All the commotion and action aroused the attention of one of the Drakes. Getting out of the surf the drake began walking over to the Asgardried.

Viddall saw this and smiled*

Viddall: I think we may have a solution *gesturing towards the drake.*

*A minute later the Drake arrived and Viddall spoke to him briefly about his idea. The drake nodded his consent at Viddalls suggestion. A couple of moments later the drake had position himself between the sister, and placed a claw on each sister's chest. The drake used enough pressure to pin the women to the ground but not enough to harm them.*

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Idun's comlink buzzed on the beach, signalling her that she was needed back at the ship. Idun walked quickly back to the ship arriving just as the drake was pinning the sisters to the ground.*

Idun: I take it this is why I was called back?

Viddall: Yes mi'lady

*Viddall quickly filled Idun in on what had occured.*

Idun: Go on Valda lets get this over with.

*Valda knelt between the two sisters placing a hand on their foreheads. She utters a spell, ten seconds later she stands and steps back. Idun nods to Valda, while wondering which sister would wake up first*

Writer
12-16-2004, 06:52 AM
Elaina was the first to come back to consciousness. At first, she seemed to have forgotten everything that had happened and muttered sleepily about something. Her words were too slurred to be understood. Then, her eyes opened and she attempted to get up. A look of panic crossed her face when she realized that she was pinned. She looked around and her eyes fell on Tanara. Suddenly, it all came back.

"Is she alright?" she asked, her voice small.

Admiral
12-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Idun: Time will tell if she is alright. Now who are we talking to Elaina or Kira?

Writer
12-16-2004, 07:33 AM
"I'm Elaina," came the quick reply. Then, a look of horror crossed her face. "Tanara took her from me! Oh, is she going to be alright? Will Kira control her as she did me?"

Admiral
12-16-2004, 07:49 AM
*Idun looks at Elaina, her eyes seeming to read Elaina's soul. She saw truth in what Elaina had said, Kira was indeed not present in her.

Idun nodded to the drake. The Drake lifted it's claw freeing Elaina*

Idun: We shall see.

Writer
12-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Elaina felt terrible! How could Tanara have done this for her? She rolled over and got up, moving away to the rock Tanara had been sitting on hours before. Climbing up on it, she let her emotions go and cried.

Half an hour after Elaina went to the rock, Tanara regained consciousness. Unlike Elaina, Tanara was instantly aware of what had gone on before.

"How is Elaina?" she demanded, struggling temporarily against the Drake's claw. Almost immediately, she stopped struggling, knowing it was useless. "Where is she?"

Admiral
12-16-2004, 09:12 AM
*Idun's piercing gaze fell upon Tanara*

Idun: She is safe, now tell me what did you do with Kira?

Redwing
12-16-2004, 09:28 AM
*Guy's ship emerges from warp space above Kartin, invisible to humanoid eyes, and cloaked from the types of detection equipment the ship's databanks guessed Kartin's inhabitants might have.

Locating the Asgardried, Guy's ship enters the atmosphere and speeds towards it. Guy comms the Asgardried*

Guy: I should be arriving at your location in a few minutes. Is there anything I ought to know? Also, can you tell me if Aidan or Marin are awake? I'd like to confirm the captive's story if possible.

Writer
12-16-2004, 10:29 AM
Tanara hesitated before answering Idun's question.

"I... I took her back," she stammered. With a little laugh, she continued. "She's locked away where she can't get out. I can still hear her... she's screaming at me, trying to get me to let her go... I can't... not after what she did to Elaina..."

Her voice faded away into nothingness. "I won't."

Admiral
12-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Asgardried: You realize if they were sleeping we could easily wake them up, but yes they are awake.

-----------------------------------

*Idun stares at Tanara for a little while, then she crouches down by her head and spoke in a low voice*

Idun: It was wise of you to tell the truth, I can see that Kira has been locked away in the recesses of your mind. Your life now depends upon you keeping her there under your control. Always remember that I will be able to tell if Kira gains control of you.

*Idun stood and nodded at the drake, the drake raised his claw freeing the Jedi*

Idun: Your sister is over there, she is rather upset over what has happened. You need to reassure her what you did was the right thing. Also both of you may retrieve your weapons whenever you wish.

*Idun walked back towards Viddall, and Valda. They exchange a few words. Viddall and Valda head back inside the ship, while Idun and the Drake headed towards the beach.*

Redwing
12-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Guy: You never know. We seem to have a problem with comas around here.

-----------

*Marin turns from watching the drakes to watch Heimdall watching the ocean. After a moment she gets up and walks over to him*

Marin: Heimdall, do you have a minute?

Admiral
12-16-2004, 05:36 PM
*Heimdall looks at Marin from his seat on the rock.*

Heimdall: Sure, what is on your mind?

Redwing
12-16-2004, 05:56 PM
*Marin sits down next to Heimdall*

Marin: Idun said something the night after the fight...something about an oath about Aidan and I. She said I ought to ask you about it.

Admiral
12-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Heimdall: Yes, Idun and I spoke about that. It was an oath to protect you and Aidan. What do you want to know about that?

Redwing
12-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Marin: Don't take this the wrong way...but why did you take this oath?

Admiral
12-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Heimdall: We believe that you are worth protecting, and there has not been a single instance where we have regreted taking that oath. Now, I bet your going to ask why, so I'll just explain now.

Our lives are centered around fighting evil, and protecting those who are good. Over the millennias we have learned how to tell who are worth protecting and who are not. You are worth protecting.

Redwing
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
*Marin frowns*

Marin: Thank you for the compliment, but...what about the others? Why do Aidan and I have an oath for ourselves?

Admiral
12-16-2004, 07:09 PM
Heimdall: Well to begin with you are a child, even though you are one of the most mature members of this group. I don't know Aidan's age but he at least acts like a child.

You entered a galaxy in turmoil and needed someone who was going to look out for you, especially with the Shadows actively pursuing you. It may have been better for you to know of this earlier but we have spent our lives protecting people in secrete and its a hard habit to break.

Why haven't we taken oaths to protect the others? Well, one of our oaths covered them in general but that oath would also cover you and Adian. However, we knew that they could protect themselves. We did not know your abilities when we took the oath concerning you.

And no, we do not have any alterior motives in taking the oath. We have also taken a similar oath for another member of this group.

Redwing
12-16-2004, 07:37 PM
*Marin contemplates that. She opens her mouth to say something else when the sound of Guy's ship decloaking and coming in for landing distracts her.

Guy's ship coasts through the atmosphere, coming to a landing on the water and resting on the surface. It idles there for a moment, the newly-added bank of engines glowing.

Marin turns back to Heimdall*

Marin: Gerd?

Admiral
12-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Heimdall: Very good, she has come from similar circumstances as you and Aidan, and recieves similar treatment. Idun told you about the oath so you know that you have friends, people you can turn to if you need something.

You may have realized that our idea of protection does not mean keeping you from all danger. Instead its more along the lines of ensuring that you stay alive and being there if you need us.

Since we are on this topic, have you thought anymore about our offer to train you on how to use a sword?

BattleDog
12-17-2004, 01:57 AM
((Since JM has not replied.))

*Matt continues to attack the dummy.*

Drago: Right, you've done more than enough of that, do some remote practice with Misae's lightsabre. I'm going to find Heimdall, I'll test you when I get back.

Redwing
12-17-2004, 10:33 AM
Marin: Well...thank you... And yes, I have thought about the offer, and I accept. I can't depend on morphing for everything...if I can depend on it at all.

*A section of Guy's ship opens, and he steps out. He is dressed considerably differently from 'normal'. Instead of only gray, his bodysuit is white and black as well, and is of a completely different design, with etching designs decorating some of its surfaces. A cloak hangs over his shoulders, replacing the high-collared coat he'd worn constantly before. He holds a large staff, and an odd mechanical device appears to be incorporated into the band covering his eyes.

He stands on a floating disk made of a strange-looking metal with more strange designs on it. On his wrists and upper arms are devices made of the same metal with similar designs.

Guy approaches Marin and Heimdall on the disk*

Guy: Excuse me.

[er, will finish this post later. or, just go ahead and reply, either way XD]

Writer
12-17-2004, 11:29 AM
The instant Tanara was free, she jumped to her feet and ran toward the rock Elaina had been sitting on. Though she was facing away from the ship, Elaina had occasionally looked back to it. When she saw Tanara running toward her, she slid off the rock and met her sister halfway.

"How could you?" Elaina asked quickly, hugging Tanara tightly. "How could you have put yourself in such danger for me?"

"The correct question is how could I have let Kira stay?" Tanara answered, returning her sister's hug. "Have you any idea what she did to you?"

"I... I don't," Elaina answered slowly, "but it... it wasn't much... was it?"

"More than you care to know," Tanara said. "She put you through a lot, turning you toward the Dark Side. She used the Force through you, though you had not been trained to do so. It had negative effects, all of which are nearly gone. Your skin has nearly returned to normal and so have your eyes."

"I still can't believe you would do that," Elaina said. Tanara smiled.

"I had to," she replied. "I have control over Kira, a thing you could never do. Unless..."

"Unless what?" Elaina demanded.

"Unless I were to train you," Tanara answered slowly. "You have the makings of a strong Jedi, Elaina. All you need is a little training and a little time. Kira's control over you did have some positive effects."

Redwing
12-17-2004, 12:13 PM
Guy: I have brought the captives. *He looks - or more accurately inclines his head - in Marin's direction* Does the name "Chere" mean anything to you?

Marin: It...it rings a bell...

*Guy produces a small, flat device and holds it in his hand. The image of a human girl is projected in front of the rock next to Marin. The girl was small of stature, Marin being slightly taller in comparison. She had skin a deep shade of olive, unusually short and messy black hair, and black eyes. She wore dirty clothes which included jeans vaguely similar to the ones Marin had brought with her to this dimension. Also frozen in the image was the exasperated expression on her face.*

Marin: I know her...well, I knew of her. She was with a group Aidan was part of for a little while...I can't remember anything else about her.

Guy: Where is Aidan?

Marin: He's on the Asgardried...Guy, is she one of the 'captives'?

Guy: Yes, she is.

Marin: Where is she now? Why isn't she with you?

Guy: I didn't let any of the three prisoners out of their cages. The mercernaries were using them for some kind of power they have; they could well be dangerous. I wanted to confirm her story first.

Marin: Oh? Weren't there three captives?

Guy: The others are just waking up. All three were put into a chemical-induced sleep. Chere was the first to revive. Now excuse me, I need to find Aidan and question him.

Marin: Wait! We can't just leave them caged up just because they might be 'dangerous'! You know what Shadows are like...you were one! Aidan and I would be considered dangerous too, wouldn't we? Wouldn't most of us here be?

*Guy "looks" back at her*

Guy: I wasn't planning on leaving them in there forever of course. But caution is still in order. Once I talk to Aidan, I'll bring the captives out here and you may speak to them and decide for yourselves.

*Guy steps off the disk, which vanishes. He walks, rather slowly, towards the Asgardried and enters*

----------

Asgardried, Aidan's Quarters

*Aidan's door is unlocked. Guy knocks anyway*

Aidan: *Groggily* What? Who is it?

Guy: It's Guy. May I come in?

Aidan: No. What do you want?

Guy: I need to know if you recognize someone.

Aidan: Who?

Guy: She calls herself Chere.

*Silence.*

Guy: Marin said you knew her. I have an image if you want to see it.

Aidan: Fine, come in.

*Guy enters the room. Aidan sits up, an annoyed expression on his face*

Aidan: So the Shadows know the names of every person I've seen, heard, touched or spoken to within the last...how long has it been?

Guy: I doubt it. This may be a coincidence.

*He projects the image that he'd shown to Marin*

Aidan: Oh. Her! *He stops for a moment, contemplating* Ya, I know who she is. Wouldn't say I knew her. She was just sort of...there... *He trails off without an explanation* Why are you asking me? Where did you see her?

Guy: She is one of the three prisoners the Shadow-hired mercernaries carried with them when they attacked us. She claimed to have recognized you and I wanted to verify her story.

Aidan: What?! She is? Where are these prisoners now?

Guy: I managed to rescue them. They are on my ship. I still have not released them from their cages, however.

Aidan: What the hell? Why not?! I thought you'd been claiming to be a former Shadow...planning on bargaining your way back with them?

Guy: The three prisoners were most likely being used for some sort of power by the mercernaries. Without some assurances that we can trust them, or that they are not indeed dangerous...So what can you tell me about this Chere?

Aidan: *a suspicious tone in his voice* Not much really...and why should I? Why don't you ask her about herself.

Guy: Do you believe she is dangerous?

Aidan: No...at least, not to me. I can't really remember, but I think she could pull some kind of super-speed trick. That's all.

Guy: *after a pause* What about astral projection?

Aidan: What? Never heard of that. Why don't you go ask Marin your weird questions? She'd be more than happy to answer them, I'm sure. I can't remember anything else.

jokemaster
12-17-2004, 12:32 PM
*Matt walked over to the equipment rack, grabbed a remote, turned it on, turned the lightsaber on, and released the remote. He preformed decently, not blocking everything, but a fair amount*

Admiral
12-19-2004, 08:24 AM
*Heimdall listened to Guy in silence. Not talking until he leaves*

Heimdall: Don't worry about the captives we will deal with them in a little bit, and Guy is right to make sure that they are not a threat to us.

About your training with a sword. First thing I want you to do is wear your armor every chance you get. You need to get use to the additional weight. Your first lesson will be we have had dinner.

Is there anything else you wanted to talk about?

Redwing
12-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Marin: *After thinking about that for a moment* I have a question, is there any way I can command my armor to come off the way you can?

Admiral
12-19-2004, 08:43 PM
Heimdall: Yes it is possible for you to command the armor like we can do. You would have to wear a ring like the one I have on, and there would be a little training involved...

Redwing
12-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Marin: I'm willing - *she gives a little smile* - if someone is willing to give me the training. I've seen others recieve martial training. It takes a long time...and I'd still like to be able to morph. I've had years of practice in that. Speaking of which: are you going to try morphing again? Or are you just going to leave that...*She fumbles for words for a moment* ...count it as just another one of those regrettable things that happened...then...that you can forget about?

*She pauses for a few moments, then looks directly at Heimdall*

Marin: If you do decide to pursue it, I'll be happy to help you. If not...well, I'd rather you didn't...well, experiment. This...well, this is an unnatural power, but it's been in my family for generations. It's almost always caused terrible things to happen - without fail if the power was given away. I'll be candid - I gave Aidan the power because I thought you might have been planning on killing us. I wanted to increase his chances of escape. You...well, you probably know why I gave it to you. To be perfectly honest, I never would have done it under...normal circumstances. But it can't be taken back, so my offer of help stands. Otherwise, remember that it's not...safe.

Admiral
12-19-2004, 09:51 PM
Heimdall: Your training takes precedence over you helping me with this morphing. I also have plenty of tasks that I must finished, among them is making you a ring for your armor, and finishing repairs to our armor. When my tasks are over, and you gained at least a little proficiency with a blade I would love to take you up on your offer.

As far as someone willing to train you, your primary instructors will be Svafa and Idona. The rest of us will probide give you lessons if and when appropiate.

Redwing
12-19-2004, 10:19 PM
Marin: Alright.

*Nearby, Guy exits the Asgardried and heads back towards Heimdall and Marin*

Guy: I've been alerted just now that the captives are awakening. I'll bring them out and you can judge them for yourselves.

*Aidan emerges from the Asgardried after Guy, curiosity having apparently got the better of him, just as Raschel appears along the road returning from town. She notices Elaina with Tanara*

Raschel: Oh...We have a visitor?

Writer
12-20-2004, 09:55 AM
((Hope Tanara's in hearing range of Raschel:p Also hope that Tanara has learned all of your names... ;) ))

Tanara nodded, turning to Raschel.

"This is my younger sister, Elaina," she said. "Elaina, this is Raschel."

Redwing
12-20-2004, 04:00 PM
((Yes and yes, I assume she learned them over the couple weeks they traveled together last thread ;)))

Raschel: Pleasure to meet you, Elaina. What brings you here? Or are you just visiting your sister?

*Guy heads back to his ship*

Writer
12-20-2004, 04:09 PM
Elaina looked away, uncomfortable. Tanara did not look away, but in sensing Elaina's discomfort, she turned her attention to her sister rather than answering Raschel's question.

"I did the right thing," Tanara insisted. Elaina shook her head.

"Did it hurt?" she whispered. Tanara's answer was immediate.

"No," she said quickly.

"Don't lie to me, Tanara," Elaina snapped. "You never were very good at it... unless you used the Force to help."

"Yes, it hurt, but what was I supposed to do?" Tanara demanded, now angry. "If I had not taken Kira from you, you would have continued to be supressed inside your own mind. Through you, she'd have continued trying to kill me. Should I have killed you, Elaina?"

"Yes!" Elaina exclaimed. "Yes you should have! Anything to keep you from harm."

She burst into tears and Tanara pulled her close, also crying.

"It's okay," she whispered. "It really is. I did the right thing. We'd both be dead if I didn't do it. You know it, too."

"I know it," Elaina agreed. Then, she turned to Raschel and attempted to speak through her tears.

"I do not know if I will be permitted, but I should like to travel with my sister," she said.

Redwing
12-20-2004, 04:14 PM
*Raschel looks alternately surprised, confused and baffled*

Raschel: Er...well...um....I'm sure the Aesir will let you...*She looks around* I'm not really in charge here...

Writer
12-20-2004, 04:17 PM
"It is unlikely she'll be allowed on the ship until permission is given to her," Tanara told Raschel. "I don't really want to leave her... do you mind going and getting someone who might make that decision?"

Redwing
12-20-2004, 04:23 PM
Raschel: *looking somewhat trapped, and still baffled* Er...okay...I'll go and...do that.

*She backs away, looking around for the nearest Aesir*

Admiral
12-20-2004, 04:34 PM
*Heimdall nodded in approval to Guy's intention with the captives before he returned to his ship. He then returned his attention to Marin*

Heimdall: I need to get Svafa, Idun, and Idona. Why don't you come with me, you can tell them yourself that you accept. Also I would like to know more about this Chere.

Redwing
12-20-2004, 05:06 PM
Marin: Okay. *She rises* Chere was...well, I don't really remember her well. It's been a year since I saw her. I met her when I was running from the Shadows and a sort of...street gang that Aidan had connections to sheltered us for a while. She was with them as well. But not really part of them...She usually sat apart, had a haunted look in her eyes. That's the only reason I remember her.

*Raschel interrupts the two, coming up behind then*

Raschel: Er...Heimdall? I'm not sure what's going on here but...Tanara wants to know if you'll allow her sister Elaina to travel with her. I...assume you know who she is and what's going on with them?

----------

Guy's Ship, Extraneous Hold

*Guy enters the hold and walks over to three linked cages in the center of the room. Only one occupant was awake, the girl in the image Guy had shown Aidan and Marin. She sat cross-legged on the floor of her cage with a stormy expression on her face. Adjacent to her was a boy with exceptionally light blonde hair, still unconscious. The final cage held the large, pale aqua-skinned gargoyle, also still asleep*

Chere: Well? Are you going to let me out now?

Guy: Aidan and Marin don't know you very well, it seems.

Chere: For crying out loud, I never said they did. I said I knew them. That doesn't mean I was their best friend.

Guy: Or ever spoke to them?

Chere: I did too speak to them! Well, Aidan. A few times...at least...c'mon, you aren't really going to leave me locked in this parrot cage, are you? I saved your freaking life!

Guy: As I said before, I have no way to verify that story. But I am going to let you out.

*A groan comes from the gargoyle's cage. The seven-foot-tall creature lugs himself up on his hands and knees, then looks up. He stares at the bars of the cage, then looks over at Guy*

Gargoyle: Interesting.

Chere: And you're not letting him out too, are you?

Gargoyle: Excuse me?

Guy: That remains to be seen. I'm taking all of you to meet the others...the fellow targets of your former captors. You can explain yourselves to them.

*The gargoyle shakes his head drowsily*

Gargoyle: So you did win out in the end...with my help, remember?

Guy: I remember.

*The hold splits open. The halo of glowing metal forms under Guy's feet, and a small section of the hold remains underneath the three cages, hovering in the air. The cages float after Guy, rapidly covering the short distance to the shore*

Gargoyle: You do realize I could have killed you all back there in the snow field...and I would really like to be out of this cage about now.

*The cages land in the center of the beach in front of the Asgardried. As they do, the remaining sleeping occupant of the three cages stirs. His eyes stay closed, though. Guy steps off the metal ring, which again vanishes*

Guy: Yes, I do realize that.

Chere: You ARE going to let him out? Last time he was out he tried to kill me!

Gargoyle: Some people take things too personally.

Admiral
12-20-2004, 05:36 PM
*Heimdall turned to Raschel*

Heimdall: No I am not aware of the situation with Tanara or her sister. However, unless there is a very good reason for us to bring her along then the answer will be no.

*Heimdall is interuppted from going on by Chere's interesting complaint. Turning Heimdall looks at the three occupants in the cage and listens to the gargoyle's response to Chere.*

Heimdall: So these are the three captives, I'm assuming that one *motioning to Chere* is Chere. Who are the other two and why should we let any of them out?

-----------------------------
*Svafa had seen Heimdall walking towards them and waved Idona, Idun and Gerd to stop. The four of them began walking towards Heimdall and Marin, arriving just as Heimdall finished asking his questions.

Idun bent over and spoke softly into Gerd's ear*

Idun: Go back to the ship and get the others, I have a feeling they should be present for this.

Gerd: Ok.

*Gerd runs off to the ship*

Redwing
12-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Guy: Yes. *Pointing to the boy* His name, I presume, is Cody Green. *Pointing to the gargoyle* K'Warra K'laar. I know no more than you about the first two. K'Warra K'laar I know is a powerful magic user who is very old.

K'Warra: Old? Do you see any wrinkles?

Chere: *frustrated* Aren't you supposed to be the 'white hats'? The good guys? Good guys don't leave teenage girls locked up in cages, do they?

*K'Warra smirks*

K'Warra: If you'd listened to me eight months ago, we wouldn't still be here. But no. You wouldn't trust me.

Chere: You tried to kill me! Twice! How on earth can you ask me to trust you!

K'Warra: Oh, don't act so offended. It was a simple misunderstanding. It's not as if I'm still after you.

Chere: Simple misunderstanding?! You tried to kill me!

*The boy wakes up at that. He sits up and looks around at the group owlishly without saying a word. His eyes are colored an unnaturally bright shade of green*

Chere: Cody? You're...awake?

*The boy stares at Chere, then at K'Warra*

Cody: Chere? K'Warra? What are we doing here? *He stares outside again* Why are we in cages?

K'Warra: Thank your short friend on the other side of you for that.

Chere: I told you, this wasn't my fault! If you hadn't been trying to---

K'Warra: Kill you, this never would've happened. I know. You've said it enough before. And by enough, I mean several hundred times. A day.

Chere: *petulantly* I so have not said that...that much.

Admiral
12-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Heimdall: If you three want to get out of those cages stop bickering right now and answer our questions.

Redwing
12-20-2004, 06:14 PM
K'Warra: Feel free to start asking at any time.

Admiral
12-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Heimdall: I'll repeat, why should we let you out?

Redwing
12-20-2004, 06:24 PM
K'Warra: I can help you. Whatever you're doing, you must know those nasty mercernaries could be back any time. This is from the other side, grant you, but it seems to me your blind friend hasn't done a very bang-up job protecting you from those highly unpleasant relatives of his. *He mocks a thinking pose* Let's see. If I recall correctly, it was me who saved you all a week or so ago. Wouldn't it be a bit ungrateful for you to in return leave me locked in a cramped little cage like this? Oh, and as for these other two, it would seem very unsporting of you to keep a couple clueless adolescents---

Chere: I am not a clueless adolescent.

K'Warra: Excuse me, one clueless adolescent and one brilliant, well-informed if a little spacy near-adult, in cages not fit for animals to live in comfortably, just because you're afraid they might make you stand on your head with their minds.

Chere: I cannot do anything of the sort! And if I could, I wouldn't!

K'Warra: Chere, my dear, how do they know that?

Admiral
12-20-2004, 06:54 PM
*Heimdall ignores K'warra's sarcasm*

Heimdall: What is your recommendation Guy?

Redwing
12-20-2004, 07:04 PM
Guy: Among other things, these cages are shielded so mental powers cannot be used. As a side effect of this, I have no way to get even a general idea of what their occupants can do. However, I do know that these cages are created to hold beings which possess great power. You can guess the risks of either decision I could recommend.

K'Warra: In other words, you haven't got a vision to tell you the future of either choice?

Guy: I have not.

K'Warra: Ah, the reliability of a seer.

Admiral
12-20-2004, 07:10 PM
Heimdall: And your recommendation is....

Redwing
12-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Guy: The girl, from what Marin and Aidan told me, doesn't seem to pose a danger. I cannot give an informed recommendation on the other two as I do not know enough about them. I would recommend waiting.

Chere: Cody isn't dangerous...why would Cody be dangerous? He's just here because...? *She trails off, making the sentence a question*

*Cody stares silently, wide-eyed and looking a little afraid. K'Warra grins at the "isn't dangerous" part of Chere's comment*

K'Warra: Let us think. Why would you keep a prisoner, who's nothing but a child, in an almost constant drugged slumber for eleven and a half months, if he's already in a cage that a dragon couldn't escape from?

Guy: I suppose you'd like to tell us the answer?

K'Warra: I don't need to tell you the answer. I'm only stating the obvious. Now ask yourselves honestly: how long do you really think you can keep us imprisoned like this? Do you know anything about the maintanence and upkeep of these cages? Do you have the resources to do it indefinitely? You could leave us to starve, of course. But as Chere so esoterically put it...you're the "White Hats". Unless our previous captors severely missed the mark in their assesments of you, I doubt that's happening. I advise you try for a win-win solution: You help us, and we help you.

((*Stops posting for the day before a new page is created and everyone is all "WTF" ;) :xp:*))

BattleDog
12-21-2004, 10:03 AM
*Drago arrives, having heard Heimdall's question.*

Drago: My Lords, Ladies. *He offers a slight bow to the Asier.* I would recomend not releasing the gargoyle, under any circumstances. He is totally lacking in conciense or honour. He'll stab you in the back as soon as it becomes "convenient"

Deac
12-21-2004, 11:26 AM
*Orthos enters, wanting to see what is going on*

Orthos: Wait a second...a gargoyle?!

jokemaster
12-21-2004, 06:44 PM
*Matt finally got tired of practicing and went out. The halls were almost abandoned, and with a sense nearing dread he walked along them, until he finally saw Tanara and a girl he assumed was the sister she told him about. He approached them.*
Matt: Looks like I was wrong. She did manage to find us. I assume everything is OK now?

Writer
12-23-2004, 09:34 AM
"Time will tell," Tanara answered evasively. "Elaina, this is Matt. Matt, this is my younger sister, Elaina."

Redwing
12-23-2004, 11:22 PM
*Aidan [being a gargoyle] blinks at Orthos* ((;)))

K'Warra: *to Drago* ...Excuse me, have we met?

Guy: *looking at Drago in surprise* You know this mage?

BattleDog
12-24-2004, 04:32 AM
Drago: We have crossed paths, twice. The first time he managed to unleash a demon god apon my world. The second time he tried to use his charge to conquer my planet, with an army of vampires and hellions, no less. He also visited my world once before we met, looking for, now what was it? Ah, yes, well the name is not important, he was looking for imortality. He apparently found it some time later. He unleashed demon spawn on that trip as well, or so I heard.

He is nothing but trouble, I would suggest slitting his throat, if it wasn't pointless.

Deac
12-24-2004, 09:58 AM
[Red, I was under the understanding K'Warra was similar in appearance to Rwos, this making Orthos shocked. He'd probably just have classified Aidan as a "whatever"]

Redwing
12-25-2004, 10:36 AM
((Aidan and K'Warra are both similar. They have a humanoid face with heavy, 'stubbed' brows. K'Warra also has a pronged chin. Rwos on the other hand has a beaked face and thus doesn't look very human. [Reason: he's from a 'purer' gargoyle strain that hasn't interbred with humans, although he was raised by humans.] All three body types are pretty much the same, except Rwos is brown, Aidan is blue and K'Warra is pale blue-green.

So Aidan and K'Warra look like the same species, but Orthos might not make the connection to Rwos :)

Will post later, Christmas calls :D))

Admiral
12-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Heimdall: Interesting. Marin, Adian do you have anything to add?

Redwing
12-26-2004, 06:08 PM
*K'Warra stares at Drago with a thoughtful look on his face*

K'Warra: Hm...so you go all the way back to the beginning. Another immortal. How interesting. Now if I can just remember where you came in, I could figure out what your problem is. Names would be helpful. Oh, and I never found immortality, immortality found me.

Aidan: *answering Heimdall* No one deserves to be locked up in a cage. That's a horrid idea. Besides, how dangerous can they possibly be?

Marin: *in a low voice* It doesn't seem right to leave them locked up like this...although this K'Warra makes me nervous...he could be dangerous...*in an even lower voice* And leaving him in that cage could be dangerous as well. If he's as powerful a mage as they say and he gets out without our help...

Admiral
12-26-2004, 09:45 PM
Heimdall: There are some in this universe that deserve worse then these cages Aidan, and don't grow over confident.

*Gerd gets out of the Asgardried, shortly after her comes Vidar. He is without his armor, and bandages cover most of his upper torso and his arms. Still he walks under his own power if slighly slower then normal. Valda follows closely behind Vidar, having uttered a spell that was giving him additional strength. Bringing up the rear was Viddall and Ragnar.

When Vidar came close enough so not to shout he spoke.*

Vidar: Release them, and allow them to go home.

*Heimdall turned and looked at his brother briefly, nodded and then turned back.*

Heimdall: Guy, you have our answer let the captives go. *looking each cage for a moment* They can return to their homes or try and find peace here before the universe ends.

*The other Aesir had gathered in a lose circle around Vidar. Idun talked to Valda in a low voice so no one else could hear*

Idun: He shouldn't be up yet...

Valda: He insisted so I'm giving supporting him. No more then an hour at the most.

Redwing
12-26-2004, 10:03 PM
*K'Warra smiles. Chere exhales with relief and relaxes*

K'Warra: Why thank you, whoever you may be. I am in your debt.

*Chere tenses up again and looks balefully at K'Warra out of the corner of her eye*

Guy: Very well.

*He walks towards the cages, producing a strange-looking device and, using at a key, unlocks each of the cages in turn. A faint shimmer dissipates around a section of the cage doors, which retract. The captives climb out*

Chere: Er,...how are we going to get home? Where are we, anyway?

K'Warra: *stretching out his various limbs* So. The universe is ending? I take it you weren't just talking about standard entropy there.

Admiral
12-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Heimdall: In One and twenty years the universe will be destroyed in its entirety. You are currently on one of the beaches of the planet Kartin. Given it's size and population I estimate five years before this world is taken and all life removed from it.

*Vidar turns and begins to walk back to the ship. The red blood stains on his bandages slowly increase*

Redwing
12-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Chere: *dumbfounded* What? You're joking, right?

Aidan: Sorry. Sure seems it's the truth by this point.

K'Warra: Well, I suppose that explains the 'powers that be' limiting dimension travel heading this way. I've been wondering about that for quite some time.

Cody: Another...another planet? Not Earth?

K'Warra: Nope. Not Earth. You've been asleep a long time.

Admiral
12-26-2004, 10:57 PM
Heimdall: Yes it is true, those responsible for this are fielding an army of over a 180 billion, and the majority of them will not stay dead. It is only a matter of time before they finish their job.

Of course most will probably die from starvation, perhaps you would like your cage better?

Redwing
12-26-2004, 11:05 PM
*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: We'd starve to death in a cage too, wouldn't we? Anyway, unless your army of 180 billion can jump dimensions, I don't think my home planet has a problem. That problem, at least.

Chere: Um...by the way...you all are going to tell us how we can get home, right?

Admiral
12-26-2004, 11:10 PM
Heimdall: Its not my army and they have done it once before. As far as returning to your homes, I personally don't know where your home is as such I definetly do not know how you would return. Best bet is to ask him *motions to Guy*

BattleDog
12-27-2004, 06:17 AM
*Drago leans towards Heimdall and wispers.*

Drago: I fear your brother has made an unwise decision. I have no objection to the others, as yet, but I think it would be best to rid ourselves of the gargoyle as quickly as possible.

*He turns to K'warra.*

Drago: You knew me as Drago the Barbarian. Does that help at all?

Admiral
12-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Heimdall: You do not have all the information that my brother has, but your objection is noted. Keep in mind that we are just freeing them at this point and not taking them along with us. Also as soon as you contact your legions and arrange transport you and Allessa will be rid of them.

Redwing
12-27-2004, 10:14 AM
Guy: I'm willing to transport the three of you back to the Aether. I can't promise I can take you all the way back to your homes, although I will if time allows.

K'Warra: Drago the Barbarian, eh...So Conan with scales? Now, what did I do to someone named Drago the Barbarian that would make him describe me as 'totally lacking in conscience or honor'? I don't actually recall ever commanding an army of vampires and hellions, unless perhaps you're using a bit of hyperbole.

Chere: *under her breath* Ya right.

Cody: *to Chere, in a low voice* K'Warra commanding an army? That's hard to imagine...

Chere: *low voice in reply* Well, he looks the part, doesn't he? Wings, tail, claws...kind of-horns... He just needs more...clothes...

K'Warra: *at Heimdall's statement* Now why would we want you to take us along with you?

BattleDog
12-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Drago: *To Heimdall* I admit I do not have the information Lord Vidar has but every time I run into him *gestures to K'warra.* I find my self running into trouble.

*To K'warra.* You arrived on my world with a charge, Elizabeth. You went to a Vampire Sorcerer asking him to create for her a child. As a result you set off a chain of events that plunged my planet into first war and then tirany. So you can understand why I'm not your biggest fan.

Admiral
12-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Heimdall *to K'warra*: You wouldn't. *He looks at Drago* Did you find out why K'Warra did that? It is possible that he had very good reasons that you do not know about.

jokemaster
12-27-2004, 08:32 PM
Matt: Nice to finally meet you.

Redwing
12-27-2004, 09:23 PM
K'Warra: Vampire sorcerer? I don't...Elizabeth...ha! Kvana Clare. Shunaria. Mrear! Wait a second...*He frowns* THIS is Mrear's dimension? Where has all the magic gone? *He shakes his head* I never thought...

((OOS: JM: Is Matt talking to K'Warra?))

jokemaster
12-27-2004, 09:31 PM
((No *points to prevoius page*))

Redwing
12-28-2004, 06:22 AM
((Ahh. Didn't think that made sense...I knew one of us was confused, and it looks like that 's me :D))

Deac
12-28-2004, 06:53 AM
*Orthos feels the Avatar rise within him*

Ah yes. K'Warra. Remember me?

Redwing
12-28-2004, 07:38 AM
K'Warra: *Staring at Orthos* No...

((Assuming nothing happened to Orthos except his voice getting deeper :D))

Writer
12-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Elaina's eyebrows raised at Matt's comment. "Oh, has Tanara been speaking much of me?"

Before she recieved an answer, she noticed a small crowd on the beach surrounding the cages.

"What's going on over there?" she wondered aloud. Tanara looked that way and frowned.

"Elaina," she said, "stay with Matt. I'm going to have a look."

She left the two standing together and walked toward the cages. Meanwhile, Elaina looked at Matt and shrugged.

"I suppose 'younger sister' means I can't see things she can," she grinned. "Come on. Let's see what's going on over there."

BattleDog
12-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Drago: *To Heimdall* No I don't know why he did it but I can't see there is ever a good reason to enslave a whole planet. *To K'warra.* All the magic went for a holiday, however its recently been rearing its ugly head again. *Gesturing to Orthos.* You've met him before, after a fashion.

jokemaster
12-28-2004, 11:00 AM
((OK, I'm getting confused with this K'warra thing. What's going on?))
*Matt grinned. Finally there seemed to be someone as curious as him on board*
Matt: Probably some of the wierd things that attacked us some time ago.

Deac
12-28-2004, 11:09 AM
[Red: Equals Starkiller speech]

Orthos: Not this man, but me beneath. Don't you remember? Perhaps the name Itrok is familiar? Or Jiyle?

Writer
12-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Elaina glanced at Matt, her gaze questioning his meaning. "As I was not here, I have no idea what you're talking about," she reminded him.

Meanwhile, Tanara had approached the group and could see the occupants of the cages.

Admiral
12-28-2004, 09:55 PM
Heimdall to Drago: It is very foolish of you to make judgements based without knowing the whole story and his reasons. What if he was tricked into doing that or was forced to? Would you still judge him the same?

Afterall, enslaving a world is hardly as bad as what we did, but we had, have very good reasons for our actions a year ago. Now if you all will excuse me I have some work I need to attend to.

*Heimdall gives a brief nod at K'Warra and the other freed captives, and heads back to the ship.*

Redwing
12-28-2004, 10:47 PM
((JM: What do you mean specifically? If it's long, ask in the discussion thread :D))

Aidan: I can't think of a good reason to enslave a world. Mercy killing I can understand...

K'Warra: ...A year ago? Eh? What did "they" do? Mercy killing? Oh and Jiyle? I remember that name...I remember someone by that name abandoned Elizabeth to the clutches of the Vampire Kvana Clare when Shunaria captured me. Someone named Jiyle and someone named Drago the Barbarian...*K'Warra taps his chin* Great-great-great-grandaddys of yours?

*Raschel walks up shortly into the conversation and now speaks up*

Raschel: *to Drago and K'Warra* What exactly are you all talking about? Since when did "Magic" ever exist except in myth, and in other dimensions? And why have I never heard of you people if you did all this stuff? *to Orthos* Who are you channeling now and what is it talking about?

Admiral
12-28-2004, 11:07 PM
*Heimdall stops and looks at Aidan*

Heimdall: Consider this Aidan, don't answer just think about it. You have a father and a brother both are cruel and enjoy watching people suffer. Your father has decreed that a world is to be taken over and the populace enslaved, either you or your brother could do it. If your brother does it the people will be brutalized, if you do it while these people may be slaves they will live out decent lives and not have to fear that strange men will torture them for no reason. If you try and oppose your father you will be killed and the people will still be enslaved.

This is such a circumstance that enslaving a world would not be an evil act but one where your trying to protect the population.

*looks at Raschel*

Heimdall: This is all long before you were born. Before I was born as well actually.

jokemaster
12-29-2004, 04:39 AM
((Posted.))
Matt: Sorry. Too used to talking to people who have been here for everything. A couple of weeks ago we were on the Aesir's home planet. We had to do a couple of things that would take a while to explain, basically get a key or something, then fight in a battle if we wanted to, but anyway, midway to or from getting the key, I don't remember which, we were attacked by a couple of people and a lot of strange creatures. They were after Guy, you're probably about to meet him, so he'll be able to explain things a bit more clearly than me.

Deac
12-29-2004, 04:45 AM
Orthos: Same old. Just...it's energy. Not it's mind. But I still remember when it met him. He's been to Mrear. Long ago. Slippy character if ever there was one.

Writer
12-29-2004, 07:22 AM
"Sounds... interesting," Elaina muttered. Then, she slipped forward until she could see what was going on. She could see Tanara, but Tanara was not paying attention.

"I don't mean to interrupt," Tanara said hesitantly. She paused there, unsure if she wanted to continue.

BattleDog
12-29-2004, 10:30 AM
Drago: If he was tricked then he would merely be a fool, I make my jugements based on what I have. Besides your example is over simplistic. There is always a third way.

My Lord, if I have arrayed my forces on an open plain and sent scouts to warn of the enemies approach but then I see soldiers bearing their colours approaching on my left flank in marching formation and my scouts do not return do I do nothing?

They may be a parley, they appear to be no immidiate threat but does that mean I should not turn my forces to face them?

My example is also simplistic.

Admiral
12-30-2004, 09:39 AM
Heimdall: It was suppose to be simplistic Drago, and it still serves to prove the point that even though you may not be able to see a good reason for an action one still may exist. You should also know that there is not always a third option, sometimes there are no options at all.

As I said I do have work I need to attend to, goodbye.

*Heimdall again turns to the Asgardried and begins to head in.*

Writer
12-30-2004, 10:31 AM
"Excuse me," Tanara said, running after Heimdall. "I had Raschel ask you about my sister, but she never returned with your answer. Will Elaina be allowed to stay with us?"

Meanwhile, Elaina's eyes followed her sister.

BattleDog
12-30-2004, 12:50 PM
*Drago scraches his beard.*

jokemaster
12-30-2004, 06:28 PM
*Matt follows them back to the ship, hoping Elaina stays and wondering if he'll get a chance to speak to the until recently caged*

Admiral
12-31-2004, 08:16 AM
((JM: Is Matt following Heimdall and Tanara? I'm asking since they are the only ones heading back to the ship at the moment, and if he wants to talk to K'Warra, Chere, Cody (the three that were in the cages) he would be going the other way))

*Heimdall stops and turns to Tanara, hoping this wouldn't take long, he really did need to return to his forge and continue repairing the armor.*

Heimdall: I'm sorry, but unless there is a very good reason to take your sister along the answer is no.

jokemaster
01-01-2005, 08:27 AM
((Whoops, thought they were heading to the ship too. Gotta go now, will post later))

Redwing
01-01-2005, 09:53 PM
*K'Warra spreads his arms in an expansive shrug*

K'Warra: Why waste time trying to remember the little details of events that lost their relevance thousands of years ago?

Raschel: Great. More immortals? Just how many immortal creatures are there in this universe?!

K'Warra: I don't know. I seem to recall there was a small race of Immortals on Mrear.
*Looks at Drago* Is that what your non-judgemental friend is? *pointing off to Heimdall* He doesn't smell like you, but...

Chere: *looking off in the surf* Are those...dragons?

Marin: They're called Drakes...they're the friends of the Aesir here...they're the ones in the dark blue armor. Like the man who just left.

K'Warra: Ah, so a race of immortals called the Aesir, and allied with alien Dragons.

Cody: *turning around and staring at the Drakes as well* Wow...

Aidan: Hang on, "K'Warra". There's still the issue here about you trying to kill Chere.

Chere: Yeah!

K'Warra: Come now, you two are being ridiculous. I don't intend to kill your short friend. She's far too entertaining. Besides, as I explained to her eleven months ago, I was working off false information and mistook her for someone else.

Chere: I AM AN UNUSUAL PERSON! I DON'T LOOK LIKE JUST ANYBODY ELSE OFF THE STREET!

K'Warra: *grinning at her* So you would like to think. Besides, if I really wanted to kill you do you really think I wouldn't have tried already?

edit: Aesir wear dark, not light blue armor

BattleDog
01-02-2005, 05:18 AM
Drago: I think "Alien" is one you should not use too freely. On this world we are all "aliens".

*Hal and Allessa finally decide to look in on the disturbance.*

Hal: Whats going on here.

Redwing
01-03-2005, 10:20 PM
Marin: Hal, Allessa...these three are other people from my dimension, Cody, Chere and K'Warra *pointing to each*. The people that attacked us were holding them prisoner and left them behind. *to Cody, Chere and K'Warra* The man who just left was Heimdall. The others are...*She introduces everyone present [with the exception of the Aesir whose names she doesn't know]*

BattleDog
01-04-2005, 04:43 AM
((Isn't ball in your court Red, we're all waiting.))

Writer
01-04-2005, 08:06 AM
((In response to Admiral's post...))

Tanara sighed out of irritation and disappointment.

"Given only a little time and training, Elaina would make an excellent fighter," she told Heimdall. "I could train her as we go."

Elaina was close enough to hear this, but far enough away to be ignored by her sister.

Redwing
01-04-2005, 11:49 AM
((Marin told Hal and Alessa what was going on, didn't she? ;)))

K'Warra: So. What are you doing here? I have to wonder what made our captors go through such lengths to attack you...in such ways they did. A bit odd for a small group of immortals and their sidekicks.

Aidan: "Sidekicks"?

Guy: You were told nothing by your captors?

K'Warra: C'mon, Jonathan - that is your name, right, not "Guy"? You know all about Shadows. They're not stupid people.

Guy: Not every one of your captors was a Shadow.

K'Warra: I got the strong impression that the non-Shadows of the group had no idea what was going on, except the two mercernary leaders. They were just following orders for lots of money. Going to explain? I'm just curious.

Admiral
01-04-2005, 01:50 PM
((Actually I was waiting on WJ to post :), and Hal/Alessa could at least of said hello.))

Heimdall: I'm sorry Tanara, that is not a good enough reason. It takes time to train someone, and until that person is trained they put everyone around them in danger during combat. You also need to consider this, we will be heading into very deadly situations, do you want to expose your sister to that? Plus, how much combat experience do you have? Can you actually train her?

Think about these, and if you decide you still want her to come along, can properly train her, and have figured out a better reason for us to take her along come talk to me again. I'll most likely be in the ship.

-------------------------------------------------------------

*A drake stands up in the surf, spreading his wings a little, and walks onto the beach heading towards everyone gathered around K'warra, Chere, and Cody.

When K'Warra made his comment about sidekicks the drake let out a deep laugh, and sat down near the gathering.*

Writer
01-05-2005, 07:43 AM
Tanara turned away, frustration flooding her face. Somehow, she had known this would be the response, but it caused her some irritation. In this moment, Kira's voice began taunting her and she began to loose control.

Even from a distance, Elaina could tell something was wrong. Without really even thinking about it, she covered the distance between herself and Tanara in one great Force-aided leap.

"Resist her, Tanara," Elaina whispered, gripping her sister's hands. Tanara growled softly and pushed Elaina away. With all the strength she could muster, Elaina lunged into Tanara, taking both of them to the ground. Elaina ended up on top of her sister and placed her right palm on Tanara's forehead.

"I may not be able to resist her myself," she whispered, "but I can help you do so!"

After a few minutes of struggling, Tanara went limp, staring in shock at her sister. Elaina bent forward and kissed her sister's forehead. Then, she sat up again. With a light touch, Elaina sent Tanara into a deep, Force-aided sleep.

"Rest," she whispered, making herself comfortable at her sister's side.

jokemaster
01-05-2005, 11:49 AM
((Sorry for not posting, been very sick))
*Matt had overheard Tanara's conversation with Heimdall along with Elaina, and when Elaina leapt to Tanara he ran toward her, once she tackled her he stopped completely, unable to see who was it that he should stop, then started running toward them again once Elaina seemed to have stopped Tanara*
Matt: What happened?

BattleDog
01-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Hal:So were you brought to this dimension by these "shadows?"

Writer
01-05-2005, 01:00 PM
"In her anger and disappointment, Tanara nearly let Kira free," Elaina answered, looking up at Matt. She looked around, frowning. "I think you'd better get yourself out of sight. There's no telling what she'll do if I'm not the first person she sees when she wakes up."

jokemaster
01-05-2005, 01:47 PM
*Matt shook his head.*
Matt: I'm not leaving you alone if that thing manages to take control again. I don't want either of you getting hurt.

Redwing
01-05-2005, 06:03 PM
K'Warra: *scratching his pronged chin* Hmm. That isn't really an answer. But your answer, of course, is yes. *Looks at Guy* You mean he didn't tell you? After all, he was there.

Admiral
01-05-2005, 10:46 PM
*Heimdall watches Tanara's breakdown and Elaina's helping tackle with dispassion. He listened carefully to what Elaina told Matt, then crouched down by Tanara and Elaina.*

Heimdall *In a firm voice*: When you sister awakens have her come and see me. I'll be in the lounge of the ship, you may accompany her if you wish.

*Heimdall stood and looked at the Drake sitting next to the gathering, and when the drake noticed Heimdall looking at him both nodded their heads in greeting.

The Drake then spoke to Heimdall in his deep voice without raising it. Heimdall stood thinking about what the Drake had said not responding for a couple of moments*

Heimdall *only raising his voice slightly*: We will do that tonight, once the sun has fully set.

*The Drake nodded in agreement, and returned to watching the group. Heimdall gave another nod of his head, turned and finally made it to the Asgardried. Idun meet him at the top of the ramp.

Heimdall: How is Vidar?

Idun: Resting, Valda is watching over him.

Heimdall: Ok, we have a gathering with the Drakes tonight, an hour after dusk.

Idun: Alright, I'll make the arrangements and inform the others.

Heimdall: Thankyou, since your going to be talking to the others, anyways would you mind also telling Svafa that Marin has accepted her offer.

Idun: Excellent, it will be my pleasure to tell Svafa that. Back to the forge now?

*Heimdall, and Idun continue to talk as they go deeper into the ship*

BattleDog
01-06-2005, 02:24 AM
*Drago mutters something about people staying in their own dimension. He bows Hal and Allessa.*

Drago: If you will excuse me, I will return to the ship.

Hal: Yes, go.

*Drago leaves.*

Admiral
01-06-2005, 09:11 AM
((BD: 1. It is spelled Aesir not Asier :), secondly all the Aesir are already in the Asgardried.))

BattleDog
01-06-2005, 12:27 PM
((Somehow I doubt my ancestors had a fixed spelling, since they couldn't write. Hay I misspell English, how am I supposed to keep up with old Norse as well. Incidently I checked the patroymonics today, I was right, theres no "i" in dotter :p ))

Writer
01-06-2005, 03:51 PM
About an hour later, Tanara awoke with a start. Elaina glanced down at her sister sharply and reached out quickly to place a comforting hand on Tanara's shoulder.

"Relax," Elaina whispered. Tanara sat up slowly and stared at her sister.

"You didn't take her back, did you?" she demanded, alarm spreading across her face. Elaina smiled and shook her head.

"Even though I was angry with you earlier, I know I can't control her," Elaina said. "I simply helped you retain your control of her."

"You jumped," Tanara said suddenly, her mind seeming to work at lightspeed. "With the Force, I mean."

"And used it to knock you over," Elaina agreed. "So you see, being possessed by Kira did have some perks."

Tanara laughed weakly and shook her head. Elaina nodded.

"Not funny, I know," she said softly. Then, as if just remembering, she said, "Oh, I almost forgot. That guy... don't think I ever learned his name..." She described him.

"Heimdall?" Tanara asked. Elaina shrugged.

"I guess so," she answered. "Anyway, he said he wanted you to go to him when you woke up. He said he'd be in the lounge."

"I'm not leaving you," Tanara said softly. Elaina grinned.

"I think it's more proper to say I'm not leaving you now," she said. "We're going together. He gave me permission to come along."

She got to her feet and helped Tanara stand. As they turned toward the ship, Elaina glanced down again at Tanara's replacement arm.

"You know, I have an old leather coat you might turn into a glove for that," she said thoughtfully. Tanara glanced over at her sister and raised an eyebrow.

"Does it bother you?" she asked. Elaina looked away.

"Well..." she began. "I guess it does a little."

"When this meeting is over, I'll help you find that coat," Tanara promised. Elaina's face brightened.

"Great! It's on my... I mean your fighter," she said. Tanara looked at her.

"You found it?" she asked. Elaina nodded.

"Maybe we can convince these guys to let you take it with us," she suggested. Tanara laughed.

"We can find out after we know what Heimdall wants," she said. The two entered the ship.

Admiral
01-06-2005, 09:28 PM
((WildJedi: I'm assuming that the two went to the lounge

BD: Since different spellings equal different words they most likely did have a set spelling, but probably had numerous names for them. Regardless, I have a fixed spelling :). ))

*Heimdall is seated in the lounge with Idona besides him, hovering in front of him is a ball of fire. In the center of the ball is a silver ring, it was adnored with mithril knotwork. Idona watched the ring in the fire for a moment before returning to cleaning her sword. Shortly afterward Tanara and Elaina walked into the lounge.

Heimdall spoke a word and the ball of fire disappeared and the ring fell onto Heimdall's out stretched hand. He then placed the ring upon the table, for being in flames it was not hot to the touch. However, the mithril knotwork began to pulsate shortly after the ring was set down on the table, Heimdall smiled at that and then turned his attention to the two Tanara. Idona meanwhile stopped cleaning her sword and let it lay in her las and regarded the two sisters.*

Heimdall: Have a seat if you would like. *He waits a few seconds for them to sit down ((Assuming that they did but if they didn't doesn't really matter))* Tanara an hour ago I told you that your sister would not be allowed come along with us once we leave this planet. Consquently you almost let Kira regain control of you. Your sister stepped in and prevented that from happening and in the same stroke gave us a reason to take her along.

After speaking with Idun, she and I have determined that your sister's presences may be critical to you keeping Kira imprisoned in your mind. As such if you still wish, Elaina may join the group and travel with us. There is a condition, Elaina will be taught by you under our supervision how to fight. Her training will begin tonight, and continue everyday until she has gain enough skill not to endanger anyone around her in a fight.

*Heimdall then looked at Elaina*

Heimdall: The final decision of course is yours Elaina. You should know that the quest we are on is very dangerous and eventually you will be force to take someone's life.

Redwing
01-06-2005, 10:26 PM
Guy: I don't know what you're talking about. I was never with the group of mercernaries that captured you - they were hunting me as well, you recall.

K'Warra: Oh, but you saw it! You were there in spirit...one of those visions you have, I take it? They had precautions against those, you know...but they weren't expecting that little side trip we took.

((Ack, out of time, cutting off post >.>))

BattleDog
01-07-2005, 01:40 AM
*Drago arrives back at the ship. Once inside the airlock he addresses the AI.*

Drago: Asgardried, where is Lord Heimdall?

((Admiral, stop nit picking or I'll explain to everyone else how you butchered the mythology. :D ))

Writer
01-07-2005, 05:21 AM
"It was my wish to join you," Elaina said quietly. Tanara nodded slowly.

"As she has no objection, I am willing," she said. "I would rather not cause any trouble. If Elaina's presence helps, perhaps it would be better to have her along."

Admiral
01-07-2005, 09:22 AM
((BD: It's nitpicking not "not picking" ;), sorry I'm just having a bit of fun but I'll stop. As far as the mythology is concerned, of course I greatly changed it to serve my purpose for these RPG.))

Heimdall: Fine, then she may come along. We will assign her quarters and she can move any of her belongings into them. Begin Elaina's training tonight.

Idona: A bit of advice Tanara, remember how your fromer Master taught you and try to copy him/her.
---------------------------------------------------

Asgardried: He is here, at least for me since I am the ship. For you he is not here but there in the lounge. Although that may be to general, do you want his exact coordinates? Maybe directions as well as an estimate of how long it would take you if you encounter medium to light traffic along the way?

jokemaster
01-07-2005, 09:35 AM
*Matt decided to take this chance to meet whoever they had left on the beach. He headed that way*

BattleDog
01-08-2005, 06:39 AM
*Drago frowns and raises an eyebrow.*

Drago: It's a perfectly reasonable question, since if he was on the top deck I'd not be able to get to him. Try using your logic processor more than your humor chip less.

*Drago heads towards the lounge.*

Admiral
01-08-2005, 12:22 PM
Asgardried: Touche, you need to develope your sense of humor a little.

jokemaster
01-08-2005, 03:08 PM
*Matt arrived to where the ex-captives were standing*
Matt: So who are you people anyway?

BattleDog
01-09-2005, 03:45 AM
Drago: When you've been around as long as I have you've heard all the jokes, good and bad.*

*Drago arrives in the lounge and waits until Heimdall and Idona have finished with Tanara.*

Deac
01-09-2005, 08:07 AM
Orthos: We're going to be running out of room soon enough....

Admiral
01-09-2005, 10:01 AM
((Deac: Who is Orthos talking to?))

Heimdall to Tanara: Your sister will have the room across the hall from yours. Why don't you get her situated, we won't be long on this planet.

*Then he looks at Drago*

What do you want Drago?

Writer
01-09-2005, 03:44 PM
Tanara nodded and led Elaina to her room.

((Will probably post more tomorrow night... don't have time now.))

BattleDog
01-10-2005, 12:43 AM
Drago: I wish to appologize, Lord Heimdall. I spoke out of turn ealier, it was most impolite of me. It is just that I... do not react... well to being called a fool.

Deac
01-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Orthos: Now I'm talking to myself....

Admiral
01-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Heimdall: That is alright, but you do need to control your emotions and not let them control you. Is there anything else you wanted?

BattleDog
01-10-2005, 01:30 PM
((Oooh! He's pushing it.))

Drago: I would like to ask permission to use your forge, our armour requires rapair and I do not think I will find the facilities I need on this planet.

Admiral
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
((Drago is lucky Heimdall accepted his apology))

Heimdall: No you won't find the facilities you need on this planet, but I'm sure your legions have them. Have you contacted them yet?

Writer
01-10-2005, 05:28 PM
"Simple but comfortable," Tanara was saying as she and Elaina left the ship and headed for the place Elaina had set the fighter down.

"Everything I... Kira wanted is in this," Elaina said. "She didn't want much, so it should all fit in there. But aren't we going to take this along?"

"I didn't ask," Tanara answered. "I think it would be better not to. There's a lot of history behind this fighter, but history is not enough to keep something from being destroyed. I'm afraid that is what would happen to it if we took it along."

"They'll dismantle it if we leave it!" Elaina objected. Tanara nodded thoughtfully.

"I'm sending it back to Coruscant with a message to Corbin," she finally said. Corbin was the man Elaina had seen before she set out to find Tanara.

Within about ten minutes, the little fighter lifted off and sped away.

"That's done," Tanara said, taking up some of Elaina's belongings and turning back toward the Asgardried's resting place. Elaina followed her.

"Ah, Elaina's back," he told himself. He approached it as it landed and was surprised to find it empty. Climbing into the cockpit, he groaned and unwittingly triggered Tanara's message for him.

"Greetings, Corbin. Do not be alarmed at Elaina's absence from the fighter. She has found me and will be staying with me. Look to her instructions for the ring she gave you upon her departure and see to it that the job is done when we return. I know not when it will be. Until then, be careful."

Corbin stared at Tanara's image in silence. Then he nodded and got out of the fighter. Sealing it shut behind him, he returned to his work.

BattleDog
01-11-2005, 01:52 AM
Drago: Yes I have, they should arrive on this world within the week. While we certainly have the neccessary facilities Hal will not be leaving with me and neither will his armour. While I don't expect he'll be using it in the near future I forsee a time when he will have need of it again.

Admiral
01-11-2005, 11:28 AM
((So everyone is aware and a can be a little more patient, Red at the moment has very limited computer access, hence why things are going a little slow.))

Heimdall: In that case have Hal place the pieces of his armor that need to be repaired outside his room. A droid will take them up to the forge and I'll repair them.

----------------------------------------------------

Vidar's Stateroom

*Vidar stood in the center of the room while Valda carefully removed his bandages to examine his wounds. Most were healed, but the couple major ones were still open, and bleeding a little*

Valda: I think one more treatment by Idun and you will be healed my lord.

Vidar: There is no need to be so formal Valda.

*Valda smiled warmly at Vidar and nodded her head*

BattleDog
01-11-2005, 12:59 PM
Drago: As you wish, my Lord. I feel I should warn you that Hal and Allessa are probably on there way here to ask if she may stay with him.

Admiral
01-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Heimdall: Thank you Drago, they are going to have a hard time to convince me to allow that.

Oh, before you go I want you to know something. What I said outside ealier was not intended to insult you but to keep some of the more impressionable minds out there open to possibliities they may not have thought of yet. Even that last comment was not so much for you but for Tanara. If you took offense to any of these, indeed it seems that you have at least to some of them, I apologize that was not my intent.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Vidar's Stateroom

*Valda is placing the the old bandages in a bin for disposal when there is a knock at the door.*

Vidar: Enter.

*Idun steps in looks at Vidar and then Valda*

Idun: How are you doing?

Vidar: Almost good as new, just a little tired.

*Vidar's legs suddenly give out on him, and he begins to fall, but Valda is immediatly by his side to support him, Idun a step behind. Together they help him onto his bed.

Idun: I came to finish up healing these wounds of yours, alright?

*Vidar nodded his consent.*

Idun: Alright let's begin.

*Valda helped Idun as she worked on Vidar's remaining wounds. The treatment took just ten minutes to complete, but left Idun exhausted. Vidar who was already tired long before hand was now fast asleep*

Idun: Well, I'm going to go the upper deck and sit down and rest for a little while.

Valda: I'm going to stay here, and keep an eye on him.

*Idun gave Valda a knowing smile*

Idun: When he wakes up, just make sure he rests.

Redwing
01-11-2005, 10:54 PM
((What Admiral said. ^^;;

Deac, where IS Orthos? :D))

K'Warra: K'Warra K'laar, at your service. The boy with the big eyes is Cody and the short girl is Chere. I'm happy to see you're alive... My apologies, by the way.

Chere: *glaring at K'Warra* C'mon, Cody. I'll tell you what you missed the past few months. *She nods at Aidan and Marin* You two too. I wanna hear any news you have. *The four move off*

Marin: Actually...we don't have any news. We've been cut off from home since we left...

Aidan: I was hoping you could give us news.

BattleDog
01-12-2005, 01:03 AM
Drago: You are very gracious, My Lord. It was nothing more than an unfortunate set of misunderstandings. On Allessa's behalf I would say that she and Hal... balance each other. By your leave, I will return to teaching Matt not to cut his toes off.

((Assuming Heimdall gives it.))

*Drago bows again and leaves.*

((He's happy, I'm just continuing the discussion in the other thread because I think its good for character developemnet. That plus I actually enjoy a reasoned debate.))

Deac
01-12-2005, 08:07 AM
[Uh....well since he had an exchange with K'warra I assumed he was with him....]

Admiral
01-12-2005, 09:54 AM
((BD: It is not so much of a debate as a interesting look on how two similar but different cultures precieve insults))

*Idona looks at Heimdall*

Idona: That was very kind of you. Going to let Allessa stay?

Heimdall: If they have a good enough reason then yes, but given what we have seen of Allessa so far they are going to need an very good reason.

*Idun walks down the cooridor heading towards the bow turbolift*

Heimdall: Idun, how is my brother doing?

Idun: Well, his wounds are finally healed and he is currently sleeping, Valda is watching over him.

Heimdall: Thankyou

Idun: Your welcome, I'm going to head to the upper lounge anyone care to join me?

Idona: I will in a little while.

Idun: Ok, I'll see you up there.

*Idun leaves the lounge and gets into the turbolift.*

BattleDog
01-12-2005, 11:16 AM
*Drago goes to the cargo hold and picks up a couple of practice swords, he then leaves the ship and stolls over to Matt.*

Drago: Come on boy, I think its time you moved on to a live target, I'll go easy on you.

*Hal and Allessa walk slowly towards the ship.*

Hal: So how arre we going to convince them?

Allessa: I could shave Heimdall's beard with my lightsabre.

Hal: Not even my father was that good.

Allessa: Well he always said I was his best pupil.

Hal: Oh? Really? He told me the same thing.

jokemaster
01-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Matt: All right. *He turned to K'warra and co.* I guess I'll see all of you later.
*Matt followed Drago.*

Admiral
01-12-2005, 09:24 PM
*The ring Heimdall had placed on the table finally stopped pulsating*

Idona: How long until the ring is finished?

Heimdall: Tomorrow at the earliest, if these interruptions keep continuing it will be longer though. At least for now it has to rest for an hour.

((Well, I'm done until Hal and Allessa get to the ship))

Redwing
01-12-2005, 09:55 PM
((Oh, oops))

*K'Warra chuckles at Drago's exchange with Matt and turns to Orthos*

K'Warra: So, Orthos Starkiller, was it? Does the host have a name?

Raschel: That is his name. Orthos.

K'Warra: What's that I detect in your tone? A hint of resentment? *K'Warra stretches and cracks his neck, and a few other joint* Gods, am I glad to get out of that little box. Spending eleven months in a cage that you can't stand up in? Not something I'd recommend. So, Starkiller, how have you been these past thousand years?

BattleDog
01-12-2005, 11:14 PM
*Drago lead Matt off to a clear section of the beach.*

Drago: Right, here's how its going to work. *Tosses Matt a sword.* You are going to attack me and then I'm going to make it so you see stars. Questions?

Writer
01-13-2005, 09:07 AM
Elaina and Tanara returned to the ship, but as they approached it, Elaina stopped, noticing Matt and Drago.

"Are they going to fight?" she asked. Tanara glanced in their direction and shrugged.

"Probably," she answered. Noticing her sister's surprise, she laughed. "A training fight, Elaina. You and I will be doing the same thing in not too much more time."

"Can we watch?" Elaina asked, still wide eyed. Tanara laughed again and gently pulled her sister toward the Asgardried.

"Let's get your things situated first," she said. "If they're still going at it when we come back out, then you can watch."

Deac
01-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Orthos: Not so bad until I inadventantly got stuck here. And the Gotterdamgung's not quite all it's cracked up to be. I hope you're not here to cause more trouble...

jokemaster
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
*Matt grinned*
Matt: Yeah, do you have a backup plan in case you start seeing stars. Cause I'm really worried that I might kill you or something if I really try hard, so I was just wondering what you'll do when that happens.

BattleDog
01-13-2005, 01:27 PM
Drago: If you kill me I'll come back to life, be very impressed and then beat you till the blood runs for such a lack of control.

*He assumes a relaxed midguard.*

Now attack.

Redwing
01-13-2005, 10:56 PM
K'Warra: *After pausing for a moment to surreptiously listen to Drago speaking to Matt, indicated outwardly only by an inclining of his ears* Gotterdammerung? What exactly is that? Any relation to the mass slaughtering of sentient beings I've heard tell of? And what do you mean by 'stuck here'? I don't recollect any difference in your current situation with my memory of you, except... *He glances over at Raschel* ...that you seem to be inhabiting a host who actually has ties to the world around him. Interesting.

BattleDog
01-14-2005, 02:27 AM
*On their way to the ship Hal and Allessa pass Dragop and Matt. When they reach the ship Hal adresses the AI.*

Hal: Asgardried, where is Lord Heimdall?

jokemaster
01-14-2005, 06:28 PM
*Matt begins with a normal swing, done more to test Drago's reaction than as an actual offensive*

Admiral
01-14-2005, 09:22 PM
Asgardried: He is in the lounge.

Deac
01-15-2005, 04:46 AM
Orthos: The same barriers that keep Mrear from being detected are blocking my return. When this is all over I will have to plane-skip to get back. And I've had plently of hosts who interact with peoplea round them, just you've never bothered to notice.

BattleDog
01-15-2005, 01:34 PM
((Admiral: :D ))

Allessa: Thankyou.

*Hal and Allessa head towards the lounge, when they arrive Hal addresses Heimdall.*

Hal: Lord Heimdall, may I speak with you.

*He stands very stiff backed while Allessa stands to his left with her hands clasped in front of her.*

------------------------------------

*Drago blocks, then twists his blade, making a horizontal cut aimed at Matt's ribs.*

Admiral
01-15-2005, 01:38 PM
Heimdall: What do you want Hal?

BattleDog
01-15-2005, 02:54 PM
Hal: When we leave here, I want Allessa to come with us.

jokemaster
01-15-2005, 06:10 PM
*Matt dodged backwards with a diagonal swing to force Drago's sword to miss further, then he made a vertical cut onto his other arm.

Admiral
01-15-2005, 06:53 PM
Heimdall: And why should I allow that Hal? I'll be nice and warn you that your going to need some very good reasons to convince of this. Keep in mind your horrid behavior on this ship, and your wife didn't score any points when she was on Midgard.

Redwing
01-15-2005, 09:05 PM
K'Warra: I knew four other hosts of yours, and none of them seemed to have any friends, except a few other demon hunters. But hey, what do I know?

Raschel: *wearing an unpleasant expression* So, old friends of your..."guest", Orthos? Another Avatar?

K'Warra: Oh, hardly. The gods of Mrear never really liked me. They were afraid of that - *ahem* - "old wizard" Kejim, and Kejim made me what I am, so...By the way, Starkiller, are you going to explain this Gotterdammerung or not?

BattleDog
01-16-2005, 08:04 AM
((Horrid? Thats a bit strong!))

Allessa: What would we have to do to convince you to let me stay?

Deac
01-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Orthos:The End of the World just got really messed up and we're trying to solve it. Now, just what are you intending to do?

Admiral
01-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Heimdall: You can begin by giving me some very good reasons on why you should be allowed to stay.

Redwing
01-16-2005, 10:22 AM
K'Warra: Intending to do? Leave this dimension as soon as possible, unless there's some reason to stay. Starkiller, I think you missed the fact that I was brought here against my will and used as a power tool for eleven months by a bunch of bastards with some grandiose plan for Gaining Great Power or something along those lines. I didn't come here to eat your babies, tasty and delicious as you might think they are. Now, what is this End of the World, and what do you mean by "solve it"?

BattleDog
01-16-2005, 11:11 AM
Allessa: Besides us being married? I can handle myself in a fight, I'm not all gold thread and green eyes. If I stay I may be able to modify Hal's mood somewhat.

*Hal shifts.*

Admiral
01-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Heimdall: I care nothing about your mariage, and no you are not all gold thread and green eyes from your behavior you shown that you are also rude, and have a sever lack of control over your emotions. Furthermore, Hal's moods matter very little to me, or the possibility that you can change them.

It is rather arrogant of you to say your good in a fight. How much combat have you seen?

BattleDog
01-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Allessa: Yes I am rude and so are you. I don't see that I owe you musch curtisy, considering you blew up my planet. As far as combat goes, aside from having to continually fend off the local warlord of whatever system I was in over the last year I have also managed to deal with eleven seperate assassins that got past my guards, before you commited your little "mercy". Before you ask Taklin Flax was the one who taught me how to use a lightsabre.

Deac
01-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Orthos:Ragnarok's come early and gone wrong. We're currently losing. Now if you've no business being here, how do you intend to return?

Admiral
01-17-2005, 09:33 AM
Heimdall: At least your being honest, although wisdom would say you do not try to insult the person your asking a favor from. As far as you owing us anything, we did save your life twice on Midgard, without so much as a thankyou.

I'm still waiting on some good reasons, and Hal don't you have anything to say in support of your wife?

BattleDog
01-17-2005, 12:14 PM
Hal: She can argue her own case. I will however say this:

I hate you, and your brother. I don't hate you because of the way you treat me, I probably deserve at least some of it. I hate you because, aside from dooming my race to a shameful death, you deprived me of the right to carry out my father's last command. When my father died the responsiblity for my people, for our planet, fell to me. What you did was no better than smothering them in their sleep. A man, a people, should have the right to choose their own time and way to die. That is why I hate you.

I follow you because, ironically, you are the only ones who can undo this. I follow orders, I do as I am told and you mock me at every oppertunity, you use the same name for me my mother used. You won't even allow me my title.

I fought in you battle because I told you I would, I keep my word and that is why I'm here, instead of simply leaving.

Allessa: I asked him not to fight, he told me he had already given his word. I have spent enough time seperated from him, I'm not leaving him again. We stay together, so you can have both of us or leave both of us. If you decide you don't want us I'm sure Drago would be more than willing to take Hal's place.

You don't need me for anything specific, you already have two healers better than me, and they use something other than the Force. You have more that enough fighters and Jedi but you will be better off with me that without.

I won't lie either, I hate you just as much as Hal does, more, because you hurt him.

jokemaster
01-17-2005, 05:45 PM
((BD: Speaking of Drago, forgetting about something?
Everyone: Survivor: Asgardried, anyone?))

Admiral
01-17-2005, 09:00 PM
((JM: what are you talking about.
BD: Your making very difficult for Heimdall to agree to let Allessa come along. I also don't understand Allessa saying you have enough fighters. Given the size of the enemy army and the uncertainty about what the quest is going to involve she should be saying you need as many allies as you can get..))

Heimdall: You have the misconception that your people would have died valiantly had we not destroyed the star. In reality a few may have, but most would have been enslaved and either tortured to death, or be given to Fenrir as food. I have seen them do this before during an ealier war to stronger people then yours Of course Nidhogg could have just paid them a visit and your world would have gone up in flames. Do not forget that your responsiblity for your people still remains since you can still save them. Also remember that the entire galaxy is doomed if this timeline is allowed to continue.

As far as your title, do your really think you have earned that title? I don't think you have, you act like a child and have poor control over your emotions. When you begin to behave like an adult, act like a true Jedi, and take responsibility for your actions then you will be given your title.

Now you say you both hate us. Both of you should be aware of how dangerous hate is for a Jedi, especially if you cannot control your emotions which both of you seem to have a difficult time doing. Futhermore, if you hate us then your free to leave anytime you want, and no Drago will not take your place if you decide to leave. Can you get pass that and acted civily to everyone in the group? That will be a requirement if I allow Allessa to stay.

Now getting back to what you came here for. Why Allessa will we be better off with you? I also want tto know how you think you can modify Hal's moods when you also hate us.

((BD: If Allessa can help train Matt, it would be good for her to mention that, Also if they give their word that they both will keep control of their emotions))

BattleDog
01-18-2005, 02:56 AM
((Obviously I'm making it difficult. To be honest they'd come off worse if they just capitulated because it goes against their nature and it would have been false.))

Hal: Hate is not what is dangerous for a Jedi, what is dangerous is allowing it to become the driving force in your destiny. I have not doen that, I have not always maintained full control of my emotions either. Would you prefer I simply became a bowing and scraping courtier?

I have undertaken to train Matt and that holds me here just as much as the quest does. I am a fighter, I can throw a man back into a wall or I can fillet him with both lightsabres at the same time.

Allessa: What he's trying to say is he can't do mind tricks, projection, or many of the other passive feats. I can and I can teach them to Matt. When do you think I lost my temper? When I threw Hal back a hundred feet? He deserved that.

I'm quick in a fight, I don't have Hal's power or his strength but I can beat him about half the time. If you let us stay together it will make us both better off and that will mean we are in a better temper.

Hal: As to our people, I don't believe you have the full measure of them.

((Allessa refusing to meet with Vidar is another culture clash. Vidar was insulted because she would not disarm in order to meet with him and Allessa was insulted at the insinuation that she would attack Vidar and needed to be disarmed. On Agamar only prisoners and enemies are required to disarm. Drago just took the insult on the chin.))

Admiral
01-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Heimdall: But will you, both of you act civily towards everyone in this group?

BattleDog
01-18-2005, 09:22 AM
Allessa: Of course, provided we recieve the same in return.

Hal: Yes, and I would ask you to use my full given name, Lord Heimdall.

Admiral
01-18-2005, 11:09 AM
((BD: Is Hal's full given name Harlen Flax? If so he wants Heimdall to call him that? or is there something else he wants to be called? Heimdall would know but for the life of me I can't remember))

Heimdall: You behavior will dictate at least how we treat you, act like an adult and you will be treated as one, act like a child and you will be treated as a child. Also both of you should remember your roles as leaders, set examples for others especially the more impressionable members of this group.

Now since I have your word that both of you will behave, Allessa may stay so long as she provides meaningful help in Matt's training, which will be determined by us. Futhermore, I expect her to become a valuable member of this group and to help out where ever and whenever she can.

BattleDog
01-18-2005, 12:03 PM
((LOL. His given Name is Halren. His House name is Flax, his title, well its quite long :) ))

Hal: Thankyou. If you will excuse me I will go and assist Drago with Matt's blade work lesson.

--------------------------------------------------

((Sorry JM, your post seams to have fallen off my radar!))

*Drago blocks the cut and then his blade whips around in an upwards slice which stops exactly 1/16th of an inch from the seam of Matt's trousers.*

Drago: Good, most people would not have been able to do that so don't feel bad. *He rests his sword point on the sand.* Remember that with vertical cuts you have to be very fast, and very careful. A cut like that can leave you very exposed for just long enough to be fatal.

You'r doing well, all that knife work has paid off.

Redwing
01-18-2005, 03:14 PM
K'Warra: Working on that, although I believe your friend Jonathan *looking at Guy* offered us transport home.

Guy: That will have to wait for the time being. As soon as it's safe, I'll take the three of you home. Until then you'll have to stay on my ship. I don't expect the Aesir want to house you and I don't care to ask them.

K'Warra: These Aesir seem to be pretty interesting people. And the undead army they talked about sounds pretty interesting too. You all seem to know quite a bit about this end of the world. I know only a few details. I know this started with a mass slaughter of sentient life - I believe 80% of known sentient life was destroyed when their stars went nova? I recall that rumor has it the Aesir did this...but of course that can't be true, or the great, good, honorable Starkiller wouldn't be associating with them now would he?

jokemaster
01-18-2005, 05:58 PM
((I meant that so far in this thread, two people have had to beg to be able to stay onboard. It kinda reminded me of the description a friend gave me of Survivor, never watched it myself))
*Matt took a drink from his canteen, which he had taken with him when he first wen to train*
Matt: Guess so. *He girnned* Maybe pretty soon I'll be able to beat you. Or at least last more than 3 moves.

BattleDog
01-18-2005, 11:11 PM
*Hal arrives and addresses K'warra's question.*

Hal: No, they did it. The reason given is that otherwise 80% of the galaxy would suffer terribly. I don't think there are many here who are genuinly convinced.

----------------------------------------------

Drago: You might be able to beat me, in a few years. At the moment the most important lesson for you is to learn who you can and can't fight. If you can't fight a warrior leave him to someone who can. Then deal with someone else so that you'r friend's back is safe.

Deac
01-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Orthos: Stow it, K'Warra. The reason I'm here is to tidy up this mess.

Admiral
01-19-2005, 11:50 AM
*The drake listened to K'warra, Orthos, and Hal before deciding to speak*

Drake: It did not start with the mass slaughter of innocents but with the death of Odin. His death doomed this galaxy, and the Aesir in order to spare as many as possible destroyed the stars. It would have been more than eighty percent of the galaxy if it was possible.

Each passing hour, each day Fenrir, Hel, Loki become stronger. In a couple years time Hel will have enough power not only to resurrect the weak sith but to bring forth an army of dead Jotuns.

Those who survived the destruction of the Stars will be rounded up into camps. Where they will either be given to Fenrir as food, or be tortured to death, after working as slaves. All those that resist will be seperated and made to watch the torture and deaths of those they failed to protect. First to be killed will be children starting with the youngest, their bodies ripped apart while their families watch. Then the women, and then the men.

BattleDog
01-19-2005, 01:17 PM
Hal: I don not believe that the death of one man can doom the galaxy. Odin, great as he was, was not a god. There must have been another way. What if the Aesir had just destroyed the planets that had most of the Heloki and Jotans on? Are Hel or Fenrir Imortal?

The problem with prophecy is that its often self fulfilling, what if there was another means of defeating Loki and it was on one of the planets destroyed?

Admiral
01-19-2005, 05:47 PM
Drake: Some prophecies are others are not, the ones the Aesir follow are not. As far as a weapon hidden on another world that could defeat Loki, think again. Loki, Fenrir, and Hel are immortal and can only be killed during the true Ragnarok, not this false one.

What would happen if the Aesir just destroyed the worlds that held the Jotuns and Heloki, exactly as I told you. Hel would raise them from the Jotun two years from this date, the Heloki in a year.

If there was another option available to the Aesir they would have taken it in a heartbeat regardless of how many lives it would cost them. There was not. When your older you will realize that sometimes you have to pick between two evils, that is what they had to do. Count yourself lucky that you do not have to make the same choice.

I find it funny that for one that does not believe in prophecies you are following the Aesir on a quest that was fore told in one of their prophecies.

jokemaster
01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Matt: All right. Any other pointers?

Redwing
01-19-2005, 10:12 PM
K'Warra: Fascinating. Immortals hitting the self-destruct button? Must've been a pretty convincing prophecy. Now, hmm, pardon me, but I really have to wonder how a mess like this could be 'tidied up'. I expect this 'quest' has something to do with that?

BattleDog
01-19-2005, 11:13 PM
Drago: Plenty, for the moment though lets join in the debate.

-------------------------------------------------

Hal: I did not say that I don't believe in prophecies, I said they aren't fixed. I saw Heimdall take Loki's eye out so he's not invulnerable. Show me undeniable proof and I will believe you.

Admiral
01-20-2005, 08:28 AM
Drake: You saw Heimdall wound Loki, what you're not seeing is that wound regenerating. Next time this group faces Loki, and there will be another time try and attacking him, you will find it futile.

Really the only one Loki has any fear of is Heimdall, but that is because of Heimdall's eyesight and hearing.

BattleDog
01-20-2005, 12:34 PM
Hal, well we'll see.

*Drago and Matt arrive.*

Drago: Even Immortals can be stopped, even if they can't be killed. *He addresses the Drake.* There must even be some way of stopping you.

jokemaster
01-20-2005, 06:01 PM
Matt: You guys seem to be good forgers, can't you build a chain or a cage that can hold him?

Admiral
01-21-2005, 06:04 AM
Drake: You can slow me down, but you won't be able to stop me if I want to do something.

*the Drakes turns his head to look at Matt*

How do you think they kepted them imprisoned for so long. Also it was the Aesir who made the chains and cages that kepted Fenrir, Loki, Hel, Nidhogg and the others imprisoned, not us. Also there is no longer anyone alive skilled enough to craft such devices.

BattleDog
01-21-2005, 06:31 AM
Hal: Like Drago said, nothing is unstopable.

Admiral
01-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Drake: Ah the foolishness of the young, believe that if you want. You'll be wrong but that is your choice.

BattleDog
01-21-2005, 01:02 PM
Hal: Surely it is more foolish to blindly believe what others tell you and worse still to believe there is no chance of you being wrong.

jokemaster
01-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Matt: Them, technically. believe there's no chance of them being wrong.

Admiral
01-23-2005, 11:44 AM
Drake: Always ask questions Hal, even if you never voice them. However, when you do voice them take care in the wording you use, especially if you truely wish to understand. Then you will escape the foolishness of blindly following others.

*The Drakes turns his head to Matt*

By them I take you mean the Aesir? If so how do you know that?

jokemaster
01-23-2005, 05:56 PM
*Matt shrugged*
Matt: Just a thought.

BattleDog
01-24-2005, 12:47 AM
Hal: *To Drake.* Careful of the wording? Quite frankly I didn't understand anything you just said.

Drago: You are both being childish.

*He shakes his head in despair.*

Admiral
01-24-2005, 08:42 AM
((BD: Who is Drago referring to?

I'm a little surprise that Hal can't understand what the Drake meant. Since the Drake told him to constantly ask questions, even if only to himself. When he does ask others take care in his wording so he doesn't offend the person he is asking.
--------------------

Oh, I forgot to put following in what the Drake said. This is purely due to me being sick and my head swiming at the moment))

*The Drake kept his gaze on Matt while speaking to Hal*

Drake: Even you should know that asking a person nicely will get you a better answer then being rude, that is all.

jokemaster
01-24-2005, 05:36 PM
*Matt stayed silent now, slightly creeped out by the fact that the Drake now appeared to be staring at him.*

BattleDog
01-24-2005, 11:24 PM
((In point of fact Drago is talking the Drake and Hal, because the Drake is displaying an amazing amount of arrogance and Hal is antagonizing him. As to Hal's comment, well what the Drake said, in substance doesn't quite make sense. Hal is supposed to ask questions but not voice them? Is the Drake say that Hal should question himself? I think I know what you're getting at but there is something wrong with that sentence.))

Redwing
01-25-2005, 10:03 AM
*K'Warra rolls his eyes.*

K'Warra: Technically, you're all wrong. Something your enemies - the ones who brought me here, not your undead armies - have realized, and you have not, is that the multiverse is a big, big place, and just because something is impossible in this one little dimension doesn't mean it's impossible everywhere else. Oh, and...Hal, was it? There is no such thing in the multiverse as undeniable proof. This is a fact I would think would be self-evident. But maybe your universe has been deprived of magic for a little too long.

Kuuki
01-25-2005, 03:10 PM
((Drum roll please...

one rpg at a time XD))

*From behind, to K'warra* "Or it hasn't been apart of it as much as any other dimension altogether to begin with... For example, this 'Mrear' you spoke of and Drago, how you knew him, it could be the possibility that the events that took place on 'Mrear' could be 100% the same. How ever, there could be any number of alternate 'universes' you speak of..."

*Sir-Vin stands in the doorway, leaning on the frame, holding his neck as if it were sore...
His wounds seemed to have healed, but his appearence was a bit rugged, clothes needed to be washed, his facal hair needed a shave, badly, just unsat to what a jedi would look like...*

Sir-Vin "Unless I misunderstand the concept of that 'mulituniverse', and someone has to 'brush' me up on it. You know, being out of action for a while..."

((you're cue on Cracern, admiral ^_^))

jokemaster
01-25-2005, 05:13 PM
*Matt smiled widely*
Matt: Look at you. How'd you feel now?

BattleDog
01-26-2005, 12:56 AM
*Drago makes a double take.*

Drago: I've seen you before somewhere as well! K'warra, just keep your mouth shut, you're nothing but trouble. The multiverse itself has little, if any, bearing on the current situation. We are concerned with armagedon in this dimension. I'll leave the other dimensions to the other Dragae

Writer
01-26-2005, 08:10 AM
Elaina and Tanara came to stand with the group. Tanara stared briefly at Sir-Vin, but quickly turned her gaze to Drago, who was speaking at the moment. Elaina glanced at him, but without knowing the past of this group, she was not surprised. She merely thought of him as yet another person she would eventually get to know.

Redwing
01-26-2005, 04:19 PM
*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: So you are just as much of an idiot as I remember. Perhaps Jonathan - er, Guy - never explained this to you, but the people who brought me here against my will were affiliated with a vast organization that extends its reach across hundreds of thousands of different universes, including this one. Whether you like it or not, the big, bad outside world is knocking at your door. You're going to have to deal with it eventually.

*Looking at Sir-vin* First, nice to meet you, you look like you should be in bed. Second, I'm not talking about alternate realities so much as parallel universes, but hey, if you know something about those, why not include them too?

jokemaster
01-26-2005, 05:25 PM
Matt: so what, they're like an inter-universal Black Sun?

Redwing
01-26-2005, 09:28 PM
Guy: Yes, something like that. The Syndicate sent Shadows to meet with Black Sun in the early days of contact with this galaxy, in fact, before that organization was shattered.

K'Warra: I guess you would know, eh? I guess you must also know by now just how pissed your former employers are at you. I mean, they spent years, no, decades implicitly trusting you and then they find out you'd been a double agent all that time? Right under their noses? What a slap in the face that must've been. They've sure diverted alot of funds into bringing you in. I'm almost nervous just standing within ten feet of you.

BattleDog
01-26-2005, 11:20 PM
Drago: You haven't improved musch with age, either, K'warra. Of course there are shadows in this dimension, we have run into them once or twice, even before this big mess. So far though they've never shown much in the way of competence.

Redwing
01-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Guy: With the exception of me, my brother and sister, and one or two other members of that mercernary group, none of you but Heimdall, Marin and Aidan have directly encountered Shadows. Drago, you have never even seen one, unless you did so after I lost access to Syndicate databases several months ago. An incompetent Shadow is quickly eliminated, as the low-tier Shadow Heimdall encountered was when his group failed to capture the Asgardried, and partially destroyed their own scout ship in the process.

*K'Warra grins*

K'Warra: But perhaps he was making a comment on your work performance, Jonathan?

Guy: Drago is free to think what he wants of me.

BattleDog
01-27-2005, 01:04 PM
Drago: How do you know the shadow saw me, Guy. Just for so you know, I haven't seen enough of you to form a proper opinion. Now I think you can see what I meant about getting rid of the gargoyle. He's stirring up trouble already.

Hal: We can't kill him for being a trouble maker, we can't kill him full stop and the Aesir are never going to listen to either of us.

Drago: We've been over that Hal, let it lie.

Redwing
01-27-2005, 02:04 PM
((OOS: "blade", BD?

Also: I can't think of any way Drago would've actually encountered a Shadow. I'm assuming he's just confused because of the Black Sun parallel.))

K'Warra: *smiling* You seem to find it awfully hard to take sarcasm for someone who so casually calls others "childish". *to Hal* You normally kill troublemakers around this place? Harsh crowd.

Guy: *ignoring K'Warra and answering Drago* You haven't. You have an unusual life signature and it doesn't match anything in old Shadow databases. Further, I doubt you would recognize a Shadow if you saw one. Although if I'm wrong, feel free to tell me your account. I would find it interesting.

Kuuki
01-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Sir-Vin *answering to K'Warra's 'bed' comment* "Thanks for the offer, but I've been in one for a while it seems..."

*K'warra's comment to Hal.*

Sir-Vin "Seems he still takes things a little too serious. Although from looking at your circumstances, I wouldn't doubt him..."

BattleDog
01-29-2005, 12:33 PM
((Typo, Red:o Black Sun is something Drago has some history with, remember his "normal" role was black opps.))

Drago: It was about thirty years ago during the Civil War. I saw him personnally through a sniper sight at a distance of about mile. We'd been on Coruscant investigating a deal Black Sun were making with an unknown quantity.

Obviously at this time Black Sun was pro Empire and the Rebellion has generally taken a dim view of drug pushers. We had a mole in the organization, what he told us was that this was really big. We didn't want Xizor getting his claw into another pie so I took down the newcomers and another sniper took down the local scum. No survivors.

We had good intel but a lot of it didn't make sense. When I met you I remembered and it all fell into place. They called themselves Shadows, you see.

Just another dirty little war story from another big ugly war.

Hal: Sir-Vin, if you can't string a sentance together properly yet I suggest you do go back to bed. *To K'warra.* I kill anything I have to.

Redwing
01-29-2005, 05:51 PM
((OOS: Well, no I don't remember. But what Drago's saying doesn't jibe with what Shadows would do, at all. :) The stupidest Shadow wouldn't be simply taken out by a sniper, at least not on official business (i.e. when they bring loads of protection).))

Guy: *looking at Drago strangely* None of the Shadows who met with Xizor's people were killed. The deal went nowhere because Black Sun collapsed before it could. Are you sure you remember this correctly?

K'Warra: You never know. "Shadow" isn't exactly the most creative choice as names go.

Guy: The Shadows didn't choose the name. Those who know of them did.

jokemaster
01-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Matt: And tabloids aren't exactly known for their originality.

Admiral
01-30-2005, 09:41 AM
((I've been sick, hence the lack of replies.

Scar: Cracern, for all purposes is out of the story and heading back in time to where he meets the group in Cantina 6.

BD: ya, but again I'm sick and my brain doesn't want to work poperly))

*The Drake remains silent watching the exchanges with amusement in his eye*

BattleDog
01-30-2005, 11:46 AM
((Red, well I have to justify Drago's assertion, don't I.))

Drago: Well perhaps I was mistaken then. If they were not shadows though then the question remains at to who or what they were.

*Shrugs.*

Kuuki
01-30-2005, 01:01 PM
((admiral: :( *wants more story behind him ACTUALLY getting there. IE: major plot hole that wanted to be 'plugged up'*))

*Sir-Vin looking at Hal then raises an eyebrow.*

Sir-Vin "I need some coffee."

Redwing
01-30-2005, 05:26 PM
((Scar: About Cracern: You should know by now that this is where you talk to me :)

Plus it's "caf" in SW, not "coffee" ;)

BD: I thought that was an odd assertion for Drago to make, especially since Shadows haven't really been shown to be incompetent in anything they've done so far in the RPGs. Sure they couldn't capture the Asgardried in PtH 1, but keep in mind they weren't supposed to damage it or Heimdall in any way and knew little to nothing about Aesirian technology. Plus, that was a scout ship, equipped for scouting, and not much else.

Will post later :x))

BattleDog
01-31-2005, 12:50 AM
((You know Red, by the time you've written post later you might as well have posted.))

Admiral
01-31-2005, 08:29 AM
((Scar: as Red said talk to him.

Red: The shadows have not touched the Asgardried they tired to capture Gulltop. A quick note the Asgardried is far more advance then Gulltop was))

Writer
02-07-2005, 04:10 PM
((I'm incredibly confused... fortunately, you all are talking of things that really aren't of any importance to my characters...))

Elaina was frowning. She could make nothing of the conversation going on before her and turned to Tanara.

"Does this make sense to you?" she whispered. Tanara made no response at first. Then, slowly, she turned to her sister.

"A little," she answered. "Not enough to explain it to you." She smiled slightly. "Some things are not meant for us to understand. If I've learned anything from traveling with these people, it is that."

Admiral
02-09-2005, 01:18 PM
((Sorry, for the delay but I'm still sick so please bear with me))

[Time skip: 10 hours, it is in the middle of the night]

*The Aesir silently leave the Asgardried wearing cloaks and armor the Heimdall had just finished repairing. They walk slowly towards the beach were the three drakes stood next to a pile of lumber they had collected early that night. The wood was arranged like a tee-pee.

Coming to the drakes the Aesir formed themselves into semi-circle facing the Drakes with the wood pile in the center. Heimdall outstreched his hand and poke a word, fire leapt from his hand into the woodpile igniting it immedaitly. Idun then produced a silver chalice from under her cloak. The chalice had a scene of a battlefield intricatly carved into it, with two entwined drakes creating a handle.

Idun left the circle and walked to the drake who stood in between the other two and knelt on a knee holding the chalice up to the drake. The drake then spoke with his deep voice in for a couple of minutes in the Aesir's native tongue. When he was done the drake lifted it's arms above the chalice, slipped a talon under one of it's scales. Blood dripped down the drakes arm into the chalice for a couple of minute. Removing his talon from under his scale the bloodflow immediatly stops, and Idun stands.

Turning to face the rest of the Aesir Idun takes a sip from the chalice, her pupils widden from drinking the blood. Idun then hands the cup to Viddall who also takes a sip which like Idun caused his pupils to widden before handing it to Ragnar. The chalice was passed among the Aesir, each take a sip even Gerd, each having the pupils widden. Vidar was the last to drink from the chalice, and as his pupils widden he walked to the fire poored the remaining blood onto it and took a quick step back.

When the first drop of blood touched the flames it roared with life, stretching high into the sky. At it's pinnicale of the fire, nine flames form into minature drakes who fly towards the Aesir, trailing a strings of fire. The flame drakes hit each Aesir in the center of their chests causing them to stagger a litte, Gerd had to take a step backwards. The strings of fire followed the drakes into the Aesir. A minute later the fire was extingished having entirely been absorbed by the Aesir.

The Aesir gave the drakes short bows, turned and walked back towards the Asgardried in silence, cloaks barely moving as they walked.*

BattleDog
02-10-2005, 01:08 PM
((So Drakes can be hurt!))

*Far away from the Aesir and out of sight can be heard the crash or steel as Drago and Hal fight, bear chested, in the moonlight. Both men have been at it for over half an hour solid and both are begining to flag, finally Hal manages to plant his boot in Drago's ankle and bring the bearded warrior down.*

Hal: You loose.

*He extends his hand and helps Drago up.*

Drago: I must be getting old!

*They both laugh.*

*From out of the darkness can be heard slow clapping, Allessa walks out of the shadows and crosses her arms infront of her.*

Allessa: Well done Hal, how much longer are you going to keep this up? I think we can all see you're as good with a sword as your father. Isn't it about time you learned some of his other skills?

Redwing
02-11-2005, 10:20 AM
*K'Warra watches everything from the darkness, sitting silently on a rock.

A low fog moves into the area*

((OOS: Everyone, see discussion thread please. :)))

Redwing
02-22-2005, 02:52 PM
*The children and Raschel have long gone to sleep, except for Aidan, who reads on the beach with a small light.

As dawn approaches, fog increasingly blankets the area. As the sun begins to peek over the horizon, a thick cover of fog obscures all sight to within five feet.

K'Warra paces through the fog, nearly colliding with Guy*

K'Warra: Hello, seer. What are you doing up so early?

Guy: If you ever become blind, you might find that 'early' and 'late' lose much of their former meaning to you.

K'Warra: So you haven't had any premonitions? No visions? *looks around pointedly at the fog* Nice weather we're having. What do you think about it?

Guy: I think it fits with this planet's normal weather patterns.

K'Warra: But you checked, didn't you?

*Guy doesn't answer. He stares sightlessly off in the general direction of the sunrise*

((Kidnapping next post if anyone wants to do anything before then. Or post where your characters are.))