PDA

View Full Version : Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers (Discussion Thread)

Pages : [1] 2

Redwing
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
This is the discussion thread for Cantina 6: Postlude to Holocaust Part VI: Strangers (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141408), as indicated by the title.

Before anything else, a brief explanation for new people.

"Postlude to Holocaust", or "PtH", is about a quest to undo the end of the galaxy. It's a spinoff of another RPG;
"Cantina", Part Six (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=711225#post711225), but you don't have to read that to know what's going on.

This RPG is very character, group, and story-oriented. Thus, it's kind of hard to join sometimes, because the story might be taking place on some planet where no one could just show up off the street. But that's what this thread is for; post here, and you'll be worked in. ^_^

There's some other stuff to note, but I simply don't have time to do that right now, and since it's not of immediate importance, I'll post it later. ;)

Writer
12-14-2004, 06:15 AM
Elaina has already made it in, thanks to her relationship with her sister, but here's her info.

Name: Elaina
Appearance: Elaina is very similar in appearance to Tanara. Both have dark red hair, but Elaina's is a little lighter and a little shorter. Elaina has pale blue eyes instead of green like her sister.

Currently, Elaina's eyes are more of a bluish gray. This is because of Kira's hold on her mind. Her voice is colder unless she manages to regain control of it for a moment. Her face is pale, also due to Kira's control. She is wearing a belt on which hangs a lightsaber and a sword. Both are Kira's.

Elaina is shorter than Tanara by an inch.

jokemaster
12-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Yeah, RW, basically explain the whole thing.

Redwing
12-30-2004, 08:53 AM
The whole thing? XD Hopefully you'll let me abbreviate...:D

K'Warra was kept in a cage, along with two other people, by the mercernaries who attacked the group. When they were defeated they left the cages behind and Guy picked them up when leaving Midgard. Drago knows K'Warra from the Mrear/Crisis RPGs, and so does the Starkiller that Orthos inherited.

jokemaster
12-30-2004, 06:14 PM
And are the other 2 from earth or something?

Redwing
01-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Ya, and so is K'Warra. So were the mercernary attackers technically (from the Aether, Earth's magic world)

It's a whole complicated thing that will be explained later on in this RPG. :) (Yup, you're going to Earth)

Admiral
01-09-2005, 07:46 PM
I think this can be somewhat important I'm reposting it *rather copying it to this thread*

The Asgardried is a very large ship. The design of the ship is similar to that of other Aesirian ships. In other words it is shaped to resmeble western/european dragons (not Easter/oriental ones). The ship is propelled by four Mark II Dagur engines. Weapons emplacements are concealed so that when the ship is not fighting it appears to have no weapons. The ship has just three levels, much of the space is devoted towards weaponry, power, etc. The ship also has quantum armor, a cloacking device, and normal shields. Cortosis is also weaved throughout the entire ship making it resilent to lightsabers.

----------------------------------------------

1st level: Essentially the maintence level. Access: Restricted.

The first level of the asgardried is devoted to critical systems. Towards the aft of the ship the engine room is located. there contains the fusion reactor that powers the ship, the hypdrive generator, and slipstream drive.

Shield generators are also found on this level. Entrances include an exterior access hatch, and turbolifts. A large part of the 1st level is for storage of various supplies.

---------------------------------------------------------

2nd Level: The living level: Access: More or less unrestricted.

The second level of the ship is where the group has access to.

Crew quarters: These rooms are the ones assigned to the group. They are comfortable if a little small. They are furnished with a single bed placed in an alcove above and below the bed are cabinets allowing for the storage of personal effect. A cabinet next to the bed allows for the storage of clothing/armor ect. The rooms also contain a desk with draws with a chair. The desk has a computer terminal that allows the group to access the holonet (or what is left of it). No messages can be sent though. There is basically a reading light above the bed.

Every two quarters share a refresher, which under current circumstances means the majority of the group have private refreshers. (With the exception of Sir Vin, WH Irvine sharing one. Gortick and Orthos sharing another).

The Lounge: This is the common room of the ship. It has a couple of large round tables with marble centers. The tables have cletic traids engraved into them. Benches provide seating. Also serves as the mess hall. Has monitors that can connect to the holonet, play holodramas. Futhermore, the lounge servers as a briefing room, fully equiped with holoprojectors and all the other necessary items. When it is being used as a briefing room the tables retract into the floor benches turn around to face a podium that is raised up and next to the podium is the holoprojectors.

Main Cargo hold This large cargo hold is spare in decoration and houses Guy's ship. Located in the aft of the ship. There are some large closets for storage of items that need to be secrued.

There is a large cargo lift to the first level here to take things into long term storage. From the main cargo hold is a secondary one and past that is the a very large bulkhead and then the engines.

Kitchen Relatively small, contains a refrigertor, oven, stove etc. It also has a couple of taps that lead to mead. The kitchen is manned by droids who also restock it.

Bridge The bridge has five stations: Pilot, Copilot, Navigation, and communications, as well as a weapons control. There are an additional two chairs for passangers.

Staterooms: Larger then the crew quarters and more elborately decorated. They have private refreshers, more storage then the crew quarters as well as two large comforatalbe chairs and a small table. The Aesir all have staterooms.

layout:

The bridge is at the bow slightly raised (have to go up a ramp equal to about half a flight of stairs. The main entrance is located at the bow of the ship, below and to the right of the bridge. you have to walk down a ramp (again about half a flight of stairs) to reach the entrance. There are two corridors that run parallel to each other and seperate the brige from the entrance (aka you have to walk a little before getting to the entrance). Both corridors bring you to the lounge, the right side fo the lounge houses the kitchen. After the lounge there is a single corridor that leads to the quarters. Almost immediatly after the lounge are four staterooms (two starboard, and two port). After the foru staterooms come twenty crewquarters (again half to port and half to starboard). After the crew quarters there are six more staterooms (these are currently unoccupied). After that the corridor turns to a smaller lounge (single table and some benches) and a finally to the cargo hold. There are also turbolifts at the bow and aft.

*The cargo hold opens doors are in the starboard, and the corridors when the two corridors that lead to the bridge and main entrance meet they form a cross. Going starboard you will find an airlock where the ship can dock. To port is a secondary entrance.*

-------------------------------------------------------

3rd level: Access: Only the Aesir, Marin and Aidan are allowed up.

Layout: In the bow you have the forward observatory, which is basically a lounge with large windows. There is a single door in the rear bulkhead that leads to the central corridor. Once leaving the forward observatory you will find on the immediate left the bow turbolift. After that there is another two doors on either side The Starboard door leads to a practice room. This room is sparesly furnished having really only tumbling mats and practing dummies. On the other side of the corridor is the armory. Going further down the corridor you get the central lounge very similar to the forward observatory (large windows). This room also serves as a pilots ready room. Past that are two hangers Likewise is seperated and house two viking fighters (for a total of four fighters). At the very end of the corridor is the aft turbolift and the rear observatory. It is small room with windows like the others similar to a meditation room.

BattleDog
01-10-2005, 12:38 AM
Where's the Forge?:D

Admiral
01-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Heimdall set up his forge in the armory.

BattleDog
01-10-2005, 01:43 PM
Ok.

While we're talking, what did your Odin do with Hodr after Baldar died? From what I understand you are basing events off the Icelandic version, rather than the Danish one.

Admiral
01-10-2005, 02:25 PM
my Odin as in the icelandic Odin or the one I'm using in these RPGs?

While I do have Balder death in these RPGs I'm not certain about details.

Admiral
01-10-2005, 02:33 PM
my Odin as in the icelandic Odin or the one I'm using in these RPGs?

While I do have Balder death in these RPGs I'm not certain about details other than Loki having a hand in it.

BattleDog
01-10-2005, 11:23 PM
As in the RPG.

The version I read had Hodr sent to join his brother. I think that what your Odin did after Balder dies reflects on his character, so I'm interested.

Alternativly you could just tell me to keep my nose out.

P.S. Heimdall's response to Drago's apology was meant to offensive, right?

Deac
01-11-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey Red, didn't you once post a picture of all your characters from this thread way back?

Admiral
01-11-2005, 09:29 AM
how was he sent to his brother?

The version that I learned: Hodr was killed by Vali.
----------------------------------------------------------------

As far as the RPG: I currently do not have Vali as a son of Odin, so I am unsure if Hodr is even involved in Balder's death. If I decide he is, then he probably would be absolved of the murder.

Reason: Hodr was used purely an oblivious pawn in Loki's plan to kill Blader. I may go as far as having Loki assume Balder voice and appearance so that Hodr would be completly unaware of who was helping him aim or what he was aiming at.

But as I have said I am unsure so this very well could change.

----------------------------------------------------------------

RPG: NO, Heimdall is not trying to offend Drago, just being a little blunt.

BattleDog
01-11-2005, 12:28 PM
Umm, okay. I that case allow me to illume, from my character's point of view.

Drago's original gripe was that Heimdall said he was "very foolish." Now this alone would have ticked our hero off, but he would have let it pass, given Heimdall's rank and the fact that he is under the Aesir's roof, so to speak. The fact that Heimdall called him a fool in public is a double insult because it causes Drago to lose face, in other words he is shamed.

Now given that bear in mind that Drago's comment that slavery is never a good thing is perfectly reasonable from a moral point of view. Why did Heimdall attack a single comment in such a way?

He could simply have said, "I disagree." So why didn't he. He's not talking to an enemy and he's not talking to Hal, someone he needs to educate. In point of fact he's talking to an older warrior who is giving his opinion on a "man" who has caused his own people considerable suffering.

Added to this, the information that Heimdall used to deliver the insult was freely given by Drago, "No I don't know why he did it but I can't see there is ever a good reason to enslave a whole planet." Drago freely admitted this, he could have said, "I know enough," or something similar, which might provoke such a comment from Heimdall.

While we analysing it should be noted that Drago will never view what the Aesir did as merciful. I said the main influence for my characters was Saxon/Viking/Celtic. For Drago the greatest glory is death in battle, something he is denied, and his adopted people would heartily agree with him. So from his point of view what the Aesir did was not only not a mercy but it was also a dishonour, it just doesn't wash.

So now we see that Heimdall has already casually handed down a multi layered insult, without provocation.

Now added to this, when Aiden expresses agreement with Drago's sentiment Heimdall uses a simplistic example to explain away that point of view, never mind that it has little or no bearing on real life.

So Heimdall has repeated the insult and again caused Drago to lose face. He has also, to Drago's mind, not provided any real basis for his own argument.

This is another insult.

Now Heimdall leaves without another word, this deprives Drago of any chance to defend himself from all these insults. It also serves to show that the whole business is, to Heimdall's mind, of little consequence. This further shames Drago, because it belittles him and his honour.

So we have yet another insult.

No Drago basically shouts an insult at Heimdall's retreating back. He uses Heimdall's own arguments to attack the same argument. This is an effort to regain some face by exposing the flaw in Heimdall's arguments. I think he does this reasonable well, considering he is no orator.

WHAT DRAGO DID HERE WAS WRONG

Drago has admitted fault and apologised. Not only that, he apologised first, and very quickly. What Drago did was wrong because Heimdall outranks him in the social structure and he is a guest of Heimdall's house.

If Drago were of the same or greater rank he would not have apologised, unless Heimdall apologised first. If he was of the same or greater rank and Heimdall insulted him in this way in his own house Drago would have cracked his head and thrown him out if he didn't apologise. If Heimdall did apologise under these circumstances and Drago had acted in the way he did here then he would have offered an apology for the insult he delivered. He would then have offered Heimdall a drink as a sign of good faith, which Heimdall would, of course, be obliged to accept.

If the roles were totally reversed and Drago delivered the first insult then he would have gone privately to Heimdall and offered an apology and a drink, as before. He would also have given Heimdall some other small courtesy and would have apologised again for being such a poor host.

Heimdall did none of these, instead he accepted Drago's apology and then insulted him again by telling him to control his emotions! Drago did not need to be told this, he apologised, he knew he was in the wrong.

So we have yet another insult.

Bear in mind that Drago, like my other characters, does not have a concept of hereditary monarchy or a royal dynasty. To Drago a king is for life and his sons will only inherit if they are deemed worthy. The Wise Men decide who the next king will be, not blood. This isn't especially important at the moment but it influences how Drago sees the Heimdall's acquisition of rank, i.e. royalty does not excuse your actions.

On top of all this we have to consider the implied insult, which is the general lack of concern Heimdall has shown for the entire affair, start to finish. The original insult is all the worse for the casual and thoughtless way in which it was delivered and this speaks badly for Heimdall's character. Since he apparently has no concern for another man's honour his own can be called into question. If his honour is called into question so is his word, his loyalty, his dependability in battle and his wisdom in coucil.

Essentially Heimdall has done to Drago what Hal has been doing to the Aesir all along, with similar results. Drago will continue to show Heimdall respect and obay his orders for as long as Heimdall outranks him but if he does not recieve an apology of some sort by the time that he leaves then he will think the worse of Heimdall when he next meets him.

Given all this Heimdall is lucky Drago has not pushed the matter any further.

Admiral
01-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Interesting BD.

However, there are somethings you may have missed.

You said Heimdall insulted Drago without provocation, yet there was provocation. "Drago: I fear your brother has made an unwise decision." Now whether or not intentional, Drago insulted Heimdall's brother and leader. It was slightly mitigated by the fact that Drago at least had the sense of mind to whisper that comment. However, that was not enough to reduce all the offenses that insult carried they are:

1. Drago essentially in Heimdall's mind called his brother decision foolish, the same thing Heimdall called Drago judgement of K'Warra without all the information.

2. Drago said it in public, even though at a whisper, others could have easily overheard. Nothing prevented Drago from holding his tongue and talking to Heimdall in private later.

3. Drago's concern about Vidar's decision should have been brought to Vidar not to Heimdall. That action could easily be seen as Drago attempting to cause Heimdall to doubt his brother's judgement. This easily caused Heimdall to react a little stronger then normal. And was a leading reason for Heimdall to choose the word "foolish" instead of something else.

Now onto the rest of Heimdall's comments. Heimdall was not trying to teach Drago anything, then why those comments? The answer is in those who are listening to the conversation that could very well need a lesson.

When Aidan spoke in support of Drago, Heimdall used a simple example not as an attack on Drago but as a way to easily give a lesson on keeping an open mind. He used slavery since that is what Aidan spoke about, it had nothing to do with what Drago had said or been saying.

Heimdall then leaves without another word not because it is of little consequnce but because of the amount of work he has to do. He meant only to take a short break, but instead it was much longer then he had planned.

Now a couple of things about slavery, Heimdall doesn't like slavery, nor do any of the Aesir. Also he was about to keep K'Warra in a cage until Vidar said to release K'Warra and the other two.

Oh, just so you know Allessa and Hal are going to have a hard time convincing the Aesir to take her along. She doesn't seem to be very useful and doesn't seem to take hardships as well.

jokemaster
01-11-2005, 03:57 PM
So.........Is admiral your replacement for scar BD?

:D

BattleDog
01-11-2005, 11:31 PM
1. Okay, yes, poor choice of words, however Heimdall is still antagonizing Drago, so he's further inflaming the situation, and doing it deliberatly.

2. Yes, again, I missed that, but it was a whisper.

3. Vidar left before Drago could voice his sentiments and he didn't appear to be in any fit state to recieve him later either. In that case making his feelings known to Heimdal instead is not an insult, rather Drago is removing the any reason for him to trouble Vidar later, albeit at the expense of due process.

As to the question of inciting Heimdall against Vidar, that would never enter Drago's mind and he would expect Heimdall to share Drago's comment with his brother. If Vidar took issue with what Drago said he is well within his rights to ask for an apology, which in this case Drago would deliver most humbly, since he did not percieve the insult and was not only at fault but also "unwise" in voicing his sentements.

Now lets look at the wording of the comment, "I fear your brother has made an unwise decision." It was not, "Your brother has made a foolish decision." Translated it actually reads.

"I think that your brother has made the wrong decision, this is my opinion." So Drago is offering an opinion in as sensetive a manner as possible, given the circumstances. He does not say that the decision was foolish, simply that from his perspective it was unwise, or ill informed.

Drago is not saying that the decision is an unwise one, just that he feels it may be. By comparision Heimdall called Drago foolish with no mitigation at all, added to that he did it deliberatly and directly.

As I posted before, Drago does not see leaders as infallable, nor does he see himself so. If Drago belives that Vidar, or any other leader, has made a wrong decision he will say so. Having voicesd his sentement he will then proceed to freeing the captives/engage the enemy/murdering the women and children (although you'd have to give him a very good reason for the last one).

A further mitigation of Drago's percieved insult is tha he effectivly withdraws it after Heimdall's next words, "I admit I do not have the information Lord Vidar has but every time I run into him I find my self running into trouble." So Drago has further allowed his words to be tempered by admitting that Vidar may know something that he does not, which may justify his decision. The fact that he restates his opinion regarding K'warra is not an insult because it no longer has any bearing on Vidar's decision. Drago is simply restating his opinion, based on past experience.

So I think that the main thrust of my argument remains, because even if Drago did insult Vidar, and by extension Heimdall, he withdrew any insult as soon as Heimdall pointed out the flaw in his argument. The Fact that he retains his own opinion on the matter is his own buisness and in no way reflects on Vidar.

----------------------------------------------------

There are plenty of good reasons for taking Allessa along.

JM: No, not at all.

Admiral
01-12-2005, 09:43 AM
BD: That may be true if they had the same culture but alas they do not. This is the samething as how a wave in one culture can mean hello while in another culture that wave can mean "go screw yourself." I just made that up but there are plenty of real world examples of this, for instance in Japan it is a custom to exchange business cards. Now in the US when that is done the card is put away almost immediatly, which if done in Japan would be very offensive.

Just because Drago never intended to make such an insult doesn't change the fact that he did. I would also point out that no Aesir would have taken offense at what Heimdall said, at least not to such a degree as Drago has/had.

Since we are on this topic, Allessa greatly insulted the Aesir when she refused to disarm and meet with Vidar. Especially considering how generous Vidar was in granting an audience so quickly and not making them wait. Think about the saying "When in Rome do as the romans do." There should be no disgrace in Allessa for respecting the culture of a world that not only is she tresspassing on but is going to need their aid. Needless to say the Aesir have a very low opinion of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'm going to enjoy watching Hal and Allessa try and convince Heimdall of that.

BattleDog
01-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Admiral: I realise that they do not have the same culture, this is why I think its important to discuss things like this when they come up. What we actually had here was a simulated diplomatic incident. So to speak.

What we have learned here, I think, is that the cultures of these two peoples are quite similar but they don't mesh well. Obviously honour is very important to both cultures, but the way that it is measured and weighed is the difference.

Would that be a fair assessment?

Regards Hal and Allessa, well they're an interesting pair, aren't they? While I would never excuse either of them the Aesir should bear in mind that neither is very old really, (Hal is about 24 here, I think, Allessa is 22), so imature would be a good way to describe the way they acted but it should be seen in perspective.

What the Aesir really should consider though is that both these people were put through the pure agony of the destruction of 80% of the galaxy and the deaths of pretty much all their family.

Hal lost his father on the Crimson Star, his brother in the immidiate bloodshed and his sister and mother in the insueing civil war. He has also lost his great uncle and his great aunt, who were effectivly his grandparents. His tragedies were in stages, so to speak and most were in battle.

A brief list of who Allessa lost: Her father, mother, three brothers, a sister, numerous cousins, an uncle, her grand parents, on both sides and Hal's father, who she was actually quite close to. Now with the exception of Taklin Flax all those people died when Agamar went boom and that is the direct fault of the Aesir. Bearing in mind the Agamarian attitude to death this is very upsetting for a young woman and leaves her the last of her line.

Just something to bear in mind.

Admiral
01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Well I would say this is one area that the two cultures don't mesh well. It is possible that in other areas the two cultures will mesh perfectly.

----------------------------------------------------------

About Hal and Allessa.

The Aesir are giving them some leeway but there is a limit to it and Hal especially is running out of room. He certainly hasn't done anything that would give Aesir reason to do him a favor.

That said I will say that Allessa will be allowed to stay eventually. However, Hal and Allessa would not know that, and still must give Heimdall very good reason to take her along. He has no interest in having another Hal onboard btw.

((Hint: Hal, saying he is sorry for his past behavior would show that he has matured greatly))

BattleDog
01-12-2005, 11:10 PM
Well he's not going to do that right now. If I were Heimdall I'd see that as a sop to get Heimdall to let Allessa stay.

Regards Agamarians, we'll obviously be seeing some more interaction in the future. One thing I will say, the Agamarians think the Aesir's armour looks silly with all the colours and designs. It is universally regarded as inapropriate for the battlefield.

Admiral
01-13-2005, 10:12 AM
As a sop? And when do you plan on having Allessa and Hal talk to Heimdall?

It is universally regard as inappropiate? Or do you mean for the Agamarians. I do find it strange that they would find it silly considering that the colors and designs all mean something and are not just decoration. Colors signify service, and the symbols signify rank, unit etc. Much like modern day uniforms. Also do not your legions were Tabards? Those would serve the same function as the color and symbols on the armor.

BattleDog
01-13-2005, 01:18 PM
House Gaurds wear surcoats, not tabards. Bear in mind that what you have seen so far is usually ceremonial armour. You should recall that the armour usually worn by Houseguards, while on Agamar, is matt grey or black. There are a few inconsistancies, which usually arise from the developing mental image I have. I finally have that image fixed.

Allow me to explain, at great length, since the world building thread has siezed up:

Agamar has a class system based on the amount of money/property a person has. Usually this refers only to men as it is directly linked to military service and pitched battles are the preserve of men. Women have other duties.

Ranks within the system (Provisional):

Nobles
All Nobles are members of Noble Orders, that is they serve as armoured warriors on the battlefield and leaders of Legions and Armies.

0. King
The Earl who can unite the squabling factions on Agamar would be called "Overlord" or King. He would be a man with the support of both the nobles and the common men. Such a man has not existed in over a thousand years. Any man who would wish to be Overlord now must retrieve and wield the Kings Sword, the first longsword forged by Agamarian smiths and wielded by Garan Ser-Flax, first King of Agamar.

1/2. Earl/High Earl
These are men of extreme wealth and power, the Houseguards are the exclusive right of the Earls to raise and maintain. High Earls are those Earls who hold a practical advantage over their peers and as a result are elevated above them. Earls conrol Earldoms, High Earls control the loyalty of the other Earls around them and form a High Earldom.

3/4. Lord/High Lord
These are men of wealth and power, the raising of soldiers, Legions and War Levies is their right. High Lords hold advantage over their peers and as a result are elevated above them, they collect tithes on behalf of their Earl.

5. Riders
These men are those wealthy enough to not only aford a war horse but also full armour and weapons. They are local majistrates and leaders of a Lord's Legions.

All nobles are equipped in the same way. The are armoured in a coat of ribbed metal scales laid over a base of chainmail, they whear greves to protect their shins and gauntlets to protect their hands and forarms. The helemt is made of two seperate halves rivited together with a crossbrace running from ear to ear; a neck guard is rivited to this and cheek plates that extend to protect the sides of the neck are hinged to the sides, another plate coves the face, the edges of which meet the edges of the cheek gaurds. A molded section in the face plate protects the nose with holes in the bottom allow him to breath, another hole cut over the mouth allows ease of speech. This helmet is lined with felt and is form fitting it weighs less than a great helm and allows greater visibility. The neck is protected by a pair of plates, front and back, which protects the throat and neck.

A noble's horse is of the finest quality and is protect by chainmail on its neck as well as plates protecting its chest and lower fore and hind legs. A coat of mail proctects the horses body.

The weapons of a noble are a ten foot lance-spear, a long sword, bastard sword or battle axe, a short sword and often a short bow or quiver of darts.

Agamarian warrior nobles' armour is blackened to prevent it from shining and they wear non descript coaks of a green of brown. High Earls may wear bright surcoats to inspire their troops through their own bravery but they usually die as soon as the yoemen farmers come within bow shot.

Agamarian shields are decorated in muted colours such as black, dark blue or green. House symbols are worn on etched on the gauntles and throat plates of the armour the etchings are filled with bronze which is dulled like the armour but remains visible at close quarters. Shields show the mark of the Earl a noble supports.

Equipped in this way Agamarian nobles are a devastating medium-heavy cavalry and a versatile battlefield force. The best warriors roam the field in small packs, independant of the highly diciplined field army, they are the Battledogs and can be recognized the the pelts they wear, taken from the Shadow Wolves who inhabit the darkest forest of the planet.

------------------------------------------------

If you are interested I can post the rest of the class system but the nobles illustrate the point. The Longbowmen are the dominating soldiers on the battlefield and being visible will get you killed by a master bowman, of which there are many.

Additionally fancy uniforms are seen as a sign of arogance, for reasons which again relate to battlefield realities. Regular soldiers wear more colourful uniforms, relativly speaking but they're still not bright. Rank is determined by insignia on cloaks and armbands, which are usually something dark and black.

This is exclusive to Agamar. I have another planet, Arkamon, where all the nobles wear full plate trimmed with gold, surcoats and have shields with full hereldic coats of arms.

When the group goes to Tarsis Hal will remark on the high visibility of the Aesirian armour.

Admiral
01-13-2005, 06:57 PM
BD: You didn't answer my first question although I think I understand what you meant. Also I really do need an answer about when you are going to have Hal and Allessa talk to Heimdall. *If its going to be a while I'm going to have my characters do some other stuff*

And the world building thread will continue, remember Red has very limited computer time so things are going a little slow. And I way post some questions.

----------------------------------------------------

There are some misconceptions about the Aesirian armor.

You have essentially only seen Cermonial, Formal armor. Also the colors are dark colors. (Dark Red, Dark Green, and Dark Blue). It is also not that shiny.

You may remember a while ago the Aesir at night put a "paint" on their weapons (and armor) to remove any chance it may glint. In the last thread when Allessa was picked up by Ragnar who also picked up a group of Beserks. The Beserks were wearing white armor which blended in with the snow.

If you really would like to know more about their armor I'll post more. (But remember I need an answer to that second question)

Redwing
01-13-2005, 10:48 PM
Yes, I am still pressed for time to post. My limited amount of computer time keeps being eaten up by reading everything before I get a chance to post :)

However I'll post to the worldbuilding thread and give myself (and Deac, who has no excuse but laziness :D) a 'question debt' since I've held it up for so long. Sorry about that ^^;;

BattleDog
01-14-2005, 01:29 AM
I meant that if Hal said, "I'm really sorry for everything, by the way, can my wife stay?" it sounds suspect, to say the least.

Hal and Allessa will arrive shortly.

And yes, I am very interested in what the Aesiran armour looks like.

Admiral
01-17-2005, 09:07 PM
BD: Ok, I'll post more about Aesirian armor maybe tomorrow if I have time.

I'm surprised by the way Allessa and Hal are trying to convince Heimdall to let her stay. I expected them to be a little more diplomatic especially given their status in their culture.

At this point there is only one reason to take her along since she is good in a fight and Heimdall knows that having more decent fighters will help (although Allessa says they have enough). She is going to need a few more reasons for him to take her along.

Perhaps the easiest thing for Allessa to say to Heimdall would be: Take me, and I'll prove to you that I'm a great addition to the quest.

BattleDog
01-18-2005, 02:36 AM
The culture is a non bull one. Beside which I think they both know that fancy words aren't going to get them anywhere, added to which I think diplomacy went out the window with this lot a long time ago :)

BattleDog
01-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Ranks Within the System (Cont.)

Gentry

For lack of a better word, like nobles these men fight mounted but they are more lightly equipped than Nobles. They are divided into two equilly ranked groups, rural land owners and city dwelling merchants.

6. Landsmen
Lower ranking nobles are not permitted houseguards, these men are the next best thing. Landsmen are the landed rural gentry, they own large farms and trade in the surplus produce of their estates. They are among the most motivated warriors as they have much to lose. Landsmen are local village leaders, theyare no politicians.

In war Landsmen fight as a lighter cavalry than the nobles, more fleet of foot and less heavily armed. They wear fine male shirts and leather breastplates with metal reinforcements, their greves and gauntlets are constructed in the same manner. Their helmets lack the complex interlocking back, front and cheek plates and instead the lower face and the back of the neck are protected by a chain-male wrap around extention which touches the shoulders while the eyes and nose are protected by metal "gogles"

These warriors carry the same lance and shield as the nobles but often lack the longsword, though they do carry a shorter weapon. The horse is unbarded but it is often provided with molded leather protection for it's lower fore-legs and face.

Landsmen are dressed in the same drab colours as nobles and often bring some of their own working men with then to the battlefield, forming a squad of around ten.

6. Merchantmen
Socially these men are the same rank as Landsmen though they live in the cities and thus have more cash and less land. They are traders who work selling the goods of others.

In war Merchantmen send their labours to fight while they remain at home. They are the lightest cavaly available to an Agamarian general. They are paid men and thus are a little less motivated than Landsmen of nobles. They fight as light harrassing archers.

They wear male shirts, their greves and gauntlets are constructed of leather molded and hardended. Their helmet lack the complex interlocking back, front and cheek plates of nobles and instead just has "gogles" to protect the eyes from glancing blows.

These men carry compound bows, smaller shields and swords with roughly a 28 inch blade.

Merchantmen are dressed in the same drab colours as nobles.

Kuuki
01-25-2005, 03:14 PM
okay, i read the first, i donno, 4-5 pages... (40 posts per page jsut to remind...)

well more or less skimmed through... ^_^

anywho, i'll be able to post AGAIN (dum dum DUM!!!!)
and well, i'll start here, and i'll pick it up normal cantina after the fight between crackles and psyicho-boy ^^

Redwing
02-03-2005, 04:26 PM
Everyone: I'm not haunting AIM as much because my new job is eating up alot of my time, but I'm no longer severely restricted as to posting time as I've been for the past month. If you need to talk to me, but I'm not on AIM, you can always PM me. (http://www.lucasforums.com/private.php?s=&action=newmessage&userid=5873) :D

Seven pages into the RPG and nothing has happened. Sorry, people o_o

Admiral: If you read this (and are well enough to post XD) time-skip forward ASAP. Unless anyone has any objections.

BD: Why DID Drago say anything about the Shadows, anyway? I thought that was kind of odd...

Redwing
02-10-2005, 06:49 PM
BD: When is Drago leaving, or is he still? Need to know so I can do the next scene :)

BattleDog
02-11-2005, 02:08 AM
His ship arrives in a week. When the group leaves he will be left behind if they haven't come to pick him up yet.

Redwing
02-11-2005, 11:12 AM
Oh, okay.

Well the group is leaving in the morning/by next night, I assume. (Considering what's about to happen.)

Okay, now I have a question for EVERYONE.

Who wants to be kidnapped? :D

The alien mercenaries are about to return very briefly, just long enough to kidnap one or two or three (or more if they get REALLY lucky) of the group and flee. The attack should take under thirty seconds.

Prime targets are everyone who fared badly in the previous fight with the mercs. This means for example, Raschel and Matt would be immediate targets while Idun and Gerd wouldn't be. I figure, though, that you might want some say in what happens to your character.

If you want or don't want your character kidnapped, post. If you don't post I'll assume you don't want this; but I'd rather you let me know anyway ;)

Note this won't entail removing your character from the RPG. The storyline will just be split showing what's happening to the kidnapped characters, and what's happening to the main group (who will probably be following the kidnappers to try to rescue the kidnapped people. Although of course that can't be guaranteed ;))

The attack will probably happen at dawn, although it could occur any time before and after that. (If anyone has any problems with the timing let me know that as well.)

Note also this scene will precipitate the group jumping dimensions.

edit: WTF is up with all my typos lately?

BattleDog
02-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Well they could try and kidnap Drago, that would be funny!

Seriously though, no.

Redwing
02-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Unless Drago has more speshul powers than you're given him credit for in the RPG, he'd stand little chance, you realize, right? Whether he totally RAWKS or not, he's got no Force, no magic, and no experience with (the right sort of) magic...:)

However he won't even be targeted, he'll be totally ignored. I should've pointed that out.

Allessa will be ignored as well. If superthrawn comes back, so will Ritchet. Same with Elaina. (Wonder if you can figure out my logic here?) I think that's everyone...(not considering Admiral's chars, already talked to him about this a long time ago).

Kuuki
02-11-2005, 05:32 PM
nah, Sir-Vin just woke up from a 4-5 day coma (was hoping it longer >.<)

so, no kidnapping for him...

Writer
02-11-2005, 07:39 PM
I find it rather amusing that it took me a minute to remember why it wasn't such a good idea to have Elaina kidnapped:D Though if either of the two sisters were, it would be her... therefore, both of my characters can safely be left out of that:)

BattleDog
02-12-2005, 04:42 AM
Actually, Red, Drago does have some magic but its all fairly minor, a couple of illusions, some fog, throughing people against walls, that sort of thing. He has a couple of defensive spells as well and a lot more to do with forging weapons and making metals.

I'm actually a little fuzzy on the status of magic in this timeline, is it still all "locked up"?

Redwing
02-12-2005, 10:10 AM
No, actually. In the very first test (beginning of PtH 2) the group killed a creature called Caloslocke by destroying a crystal powering it. Breaking the crystal ("Orthaeur") did something to affect the binding of magic in this dimension.

I never specified what clearly, since I never talked it out with Deac :D but alot of old magic powers/forces were awakened. The process is presumably still taking place, and more and more old magic should be unbound as the galaxy progresses towards its end.

Incidentally, I'd appreciate Deac's input on this. Hint hint Deac? :)

(BTW, this only applies to Mrearan magic, which is somewhat different from Aether magic, which is the type my characters generally use.)

BattleDog
02-12-2005, 11:20 AM
Thats what I thought, thats why Drago has been using his majic a tiny bit, i.e. against the Drake on Midgard.

jokemaster
02-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Red: Write matt up as kidnap fodder.

Redwing
02-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Woot! :D

Any other takers? ^^

Writer
02-15-2005, 08:12 AM
...... how many do you want?

Redwing
02-15-2005, 10:24 AM
*Shrugs*

(Actually I was just wondering if Deac would say anything at this point, which doesn't look good at this point ;))

Writer
02-21-2005, 08:48 AM
So when are you gonna give up on him and get back to RPing?

Deac
02-21-2005, 01:31 PM
Here I am.

As the barriers between the worlds begin to break as Ragnarok approaches, magic will indeed be released. People with magical traits will start showing its effects, if only mildly.

And as for the Kidnapping...Gortick.

Redwing
02-21-2005, 07:46 PM
Sorry guys, I was unexpectedly busy for the past few days. Will post tomorrow.

Deac: Yay =)

Redwing
03-15-2005, 02:38 AM
((The fog means nothing to the attackers. They can see through it as if it wasn't there.

No Jedi can sense and dodge that many blaster bolts, let alone deflect them all. Plus, Sir-vin has no idea how to deflect these bolts. They aren't like SW stun-bolts. They're a combination of heat and magical energy.

Plus, the bolts don't "go off" until they hit a living being. Normally I'd say that they couldn't be blocked by the Force at all, except Deac had Gortick do it, so I'm going with they can be slowed by the Force.

Finally no Jedi could concentrate on that many things at once. Illusion + sense + deflect...especially at that tiny scale, "aiming" Force ripples at a ton of blaster bolts? :p

Sir-vin turned his back on a highly skilled opponent and concentrated too much on attacking another highly skilled opponent...with ineffective attacks. That's why he got dropped.))

Deac
03-15-2005, 11:47 AM
[The idea was that Gortick was holding them all in place away from him with the force, but eventually their combined energy became too much for him. Don't forget Gortick was hidden from his father for a reason]

Redwing
03-15-2005, 03:14 PM
((I got that, Deac, and I'm okay with it. It seemed like a reasonable thing for him to do. But Sir-vin is ten times as powerful/skilled as the entire rest of the group if he could pull off that trick he just did, which is the only reason I'm arguing with it. I don't mind you guys ad-libbing with "my" stuff if it's not going to be important ;)))

BattleDog
03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
((I really shouldn't comment on this but, well actually I don't need to. Scar likes his characters to be more powerful than anyone else's and get away with everything. I refer you to numerous examples.))

Deac
03-15-2005, 04:55 PM
[I thought that the objective here was that all these guys were kidnapped anyway. Isn't that what we signed them up for?]

Redwing
03-15-2005, 06:56 PM
Sir-vin isn't up for kidnapping, just Gortick, Matt, and Aidan.

I should explain that Scar posted the previous because we had an argument on AIM. He wanted me to edit my last post requiring more than three of the attackers to have to join forces to take out Sir-vin, and that it should be difficult and time-consuming. Never mind that the attackers are basically Jedi-equivalent and have a turf/surprise advantage. I said I didn't think it needed editing. Obviously he disagreed.

Edit: ...okay, what I SHOULD be doing is talking about this in the discussion thread. *moves posts* XD

Kuuki
03-15-2005, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by BattleDog
((I really shouldn't comment on this but, well actually I don't need to. Scar likes his characters to be more powerful than anyone else's and get away with everything. I refer you to numerous examples.))

so, do you.

the mere thing that i desired for my character to not be knocked out for a while.

and i disliked red's blunt choice of wording.
he protrayed my character to be 'dropped'
in which i presume when a character is 'dropped' is from going from performing an action to flat out uncompasitated (spelling) in an instant.

true it was made fact that i had able time to reply between red's two actions, but i still believe it was unnessesary.

Redwing
03-15-2005, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
so, do you.

the mere thing that i desired for my character to not be knocked out for a while.

and i disliked red's blunt choice of wording.
he protrayed my character to be 'dropped'
in which i presume when a character is 'dropped' is from going from performing an action to flat out uncompasitated (spelling) in an instant.

true it was made fact that i had able time to reply between red's two actions, but i still believe it was unnessesary.

It's "incapacitated". And that's what being stunned would entail.

I don't see the problem with what I posted. It's what I would expect to happen to one of my characters if they performed actions as reckless as that. In fact, with my three "good" characters present in this scene I:

1) "Dropped" Aidan within seconds of the attackers' arrival with a bolt between his shoulders.
2) Covered K'Warra with snakes and poisoned him.
3) Had Guy eaten by the beach, nearly suffocating him.

While Sir-vin got away with being in a hail of fire for quite a large chunk of that thirty seconds without being hit, a remarkable feat for anyone considering the skill of the attackers and the fact that you can't deflect these (or any) stunbolts with a lightsaber. (Or the Force.) Plus, his abysmal tactics; trying to sneak in a circle around someone who can see you clearly, with no cover. Turning his back on an attacker to play telekinesis tug-of-war with another skilled attacker carrying another stun-blaster. Genius! :)

Kuuki
03-16-2005, 02:16 PM
*narrows his eyes at redwing.*

*looks away*

*looks back*

*looks away again*

*turns faces redwing, then shocks him with a cattleprod*

BattleDog
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Scar, thats a pathetic and childish post. Red has made a serious point. This comes back to your need to have your super powerful characters. You seem to think that all your characters should be as powerful as everyone else' most powerful characters, regardless of age, type or anything else.

Example:

My most powerful combat character is just under fifty and a Jedi trained from birth, in secret. Despite his power he has almost no mind influencing abilities and only moderate healing abilities.

My next most powerful character is a 200,000 year old warrior biologically in his 20's

After that I have the son of my first character who has diverted most of his adult life to combat training and war and as a result lacks many other important skills.

All I ever see from your characters is out of universe super power after super power. If memory serves Sir Vin is a barely trained Jedi in his early 20's who's spent most of his life hidden away with some exiled Jedi.

Of my Jedi characters one is down, basically sucker puched, and the other is just holding his own against two attackers.

This situation reminds me very much of Behomoth on my Flag Ship.

jokemaster
03-17-2005, 02:31 PM
I gotta agree with BD and Redwing here, simply because he's just woken up from a coma and is probably still weak.

Writer
03-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Hate to cut in on this discussion... but I'll be gone for a while... make sure my characters stay in this thing... JM, if you're not going anywhere, feel free to take control of any or all of my characters in the various RPGs I have going.

See you guys again on Monday, March 28.:)

Writer
05-11-2005, 10:54 AM
For anybody interested, here's a pretty good picture of Anakin's arm.

Anakin's arm (http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/twentieth_century_fox/star_wars__episode_iii___revenge_of_the_sith/hayden_christensen/sith5.jpg)

Tanara will make a similar glove for herself... once this gets going again.

Redwing
05-19-2005, 05:53 PM
Yeah... about the no posting thing... in case anyone's wondering... next week is my college finals week. And since I have several art classes, that means final projects, which I have been dealing with over the past week... so I have very little time for posting. Right now is one of my rare moments of free time, but I'm too exhausted from going being dragged to the midnight Revenge of the Sith showing and having two morning classes. So I'm posting this excuse. XD

Sorry for the inconvenience ^^;;

Writer
05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
I'm having a high school graduation party tomorrow, another party of the same type on Sat night, another on 27, graduating 28, 2 or 3 parties on 29... On top of that, I just finished my first semester of college (yes, got an early start), but that doesn't count for much since I was only taking 2 classes and only 1 had a final, but that's done and I got a B in that class!

I'm glad to have it all over, but I'm looking forward to next year also... BRING IT ON!!!

Admiral
05-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Life has been a little difficutlt but hopefully I'll be able to post soon (I hope)

Redwing
06-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Yay! Free time! =)

Granted, I'm gonna be spending alot of time looking for a job, but still... I have posty time!

Now, if everyone else is slightly un-busy... maybe we can get moving again... XD

Kuuki
06-03-2005, 07:03 AM
not so busy, but i'd rather if cantina was moving...

Redwing
07-08-2005, 02:51 PM
holy freakin' crap...

two weeks of postage gone. just when we were getting active.

Frankly I'm not going to try and post at the moment, because I suspect that if the missing thread data IS recovered it might overwrite anything new we post... and I don't want to risk more confusion if it isn't necessary >.>

Maybe this will give Deac a chance to show up again ;)

Admiral
07-08-2005, 05:32 PM
well luckily I could post a summary of those two weeks if we need it.

While we wait and see if the missing posts are recovered I don't see any harm in discussing things. Like if BD's characters are going to rejoin the group (which I don't see as a problem). What is going to happen to Carcern (or however you spell it), and the thread in general.

BattleDog
07-08-2005, 05:47 PM
Well here's the problem as I see it. Hal and Allessa are too proud to give any ground and the Aesir are the same. Regardles of degree lets be honest, both groups have handed out insults, on purpose and otherwise. I do have a really good idea of how to mend that rift, or at least have Hal extend a hand of friendship but it relies on the group getting to Tarsis and being out of contact of with Hal for the time skip.

About Tarsis, Orthos lost a leg, that electronic replacement will fail just about as soon as the group touches down. I'm sure it could be worked around but I thought I'd mention it now.

Admiral
07-08-2005, 06:03 PM
I don't know if you read this BD before the forum went to hell:

As far as Hal and Allessa being to proud, I can see that in there characters, however they are suppose to be Hero (correct?). And it doesn't make sense for a hero to leave the fate of the galaxy in hands of people he believes to be morally corrupt. Then we have Matt. By leaving the group Hal is condeming Matt to either be killed, or be trained by a moronic wanna be Jedi that has already screwed up Matts initial training (Scar: This is how Hal sees Sir Vin so dont' yell at me).

As far as Bridges being burned that is only true for Drago (his parting comment did the trick), not for Hal or Allessa. As far as Heimdall is concerned Hal went back to his people to arrange a few things and will be returning. Heimdall isn't going to be making Hal ask to be let in (Svafa would but that is Svafa :)). I don't see this being a problem:

Heimdall: Rejoining the Group?

Hal: yup

In the past that wouldn't necessarily be true but seeing your sisters and brothers die horrible deaths does effect a person (even an Aesir). Of course these are your characters and if you want them out then it is your choice. I just know that they can come back. Either way I'm thinking about brining in a race I introduced in Cantina that would help your legions.

Also I'm curious to to hear this idea of how you plan on closing the rift between them.

BattleDog
07-09-2005, 12:51 PM
Well, okay, I think I misread some of your characters. About the rift in general. Remember that sword Flax had sent to Odin? Its still knocking around and, if the group does go to Tarsis Vidar will need that sword. Mainly because by that point Aesirean weapons will be worth about a much a chocolate swords.

You remember that light that eminated from Hal's sword? Well thats going to be happening more and very shortly its going to start doing some very interesting things to those Sith.

So basically Hal will say:

"My father was going to give this to his friend and ally, what should I do with it?"

Admiral
07-09-2005, 03:40 PM
When you say Aesirian weapons I assume you are referring to their more hightech weapons, and not their swords, axes, spears etc..

And what will this sword of Hal's do to the Sith? I do hope you realize that it will be essentially impossible for Hal and his legions to defeat the Sith assuming that Loki sends the Sith after them and not some of his other minions.

And another question/comment for you about the armor the legions wear (well namely their shields). I am assuming that they use the wooden shields only when fighting others who also use archaic weapons (aka swords, arrows). Since those shields would obvisously be useless with the advance weapons seen in Cantina.

Now why Bronze? and did you have another question about Aesirian armor?

Redwing
07-10-2005, 01:35 AM
So BD, just how does this no-technology-working-on-Tarsis rule work, anyway? Out of curiosity...

You may have explained before, but I can't quite remember. :x

BattleDog
07-10-2005, 07:28 AM
Well Red I don't know how it works, because I can't land any scientists there to find out, because none of their equipment works.:D

Basically anything that is electrical/nuclear dosen't work. I'm saying this as a blanket rule becuase otherwise we'd end up with the odd exception here and there and pretty soon the group would be going there all kitted out with no probelms.

Machineary works, like steam power, or firearms. The reason the Agamari don't use them is a little complex but here it is in brief. Tarsians seem to have a cultural blind spot, they can't invent things, but they can copy things or improve things.

The Agamari consider it their sacred duty to try and eliminate the Tarsians, they believe that doing so will eliminate the anti-tech mojo, maybe. Now the first ship that landed obviously came all teched up, then all the tech stopped working and the crew had to fight the naked savages with swords, mainly they just had to deal with pointy sticks.

Some of them got killed and dragged away, of the twlve in the survey team four survived and were eventually picked up by a very skilled and intelligant pilot, who just got his ship out in time.

The next team went in rapid insertion style all kitted out in archaic armour and stuff. They faced Tarsians with iron tipped spears, beat them back then were picked up at the end of their scouting mission.

The next group faced a roughly organised battle line, the next a shield wall, the next an organised battle line with spears covering slingers, the next mounted troops. You get the picture. Needless to say you don't want to introduce firearms into the mix and certainly not rifles.

So anything the group has that post dates about 1300 techwise will get confiscated, they'll get it back but not until the end of their stay.

Needless to say the Tarsians aren't human, exactly what they are I'd like to keep under wraps.

This is all very vague as the whole thing is now shrouded in legend.

About the armour. I feel no need to really explain in great detail how the Agamari fight on a Star Wars battlefield because the answer is more or less the same as everyone else. They all carry short swords and certain units of Houseguards engage in hand to hand with axes or swords fully armoured.

About fighting the Sith, if I understand correctly their bodies are basically alive, right? Then you kill them and the magic more or less re-asembles the body and they come back to life. While the body is "dead" i.e. missing a head it can't do anything.

So given that the more serious the injury the longer it takes for the body to reasemble what if, during that time I were to do one of the following:

Stick the head on a spike

Ram a stake through the heart

Cut the head off and stick it in a box

burn the body to ashes?

As far as I have seen the magic always tries to reasemble the body, but what if I make that physically impossible?

Like the guy in the ice, the magic kept bringing him back to life, then he died again.

Answer that for me, then we can talk about what the swords do.

Admiral
07-10-2005, 10:21 PM
BD: If I'm correct you said there was something like a dampening field on the planet, which would shut down after the completion of the quest? At least those were your original plans for the planet.

Since I'm interested: Why are the Agamari so dedicated to eliminating the Tarsians? and given the circumstances why even bother with Tarsis in the first place?

Now on to the Sith.

Currently when a Sith dies after about five minutes the body will regenerate slightly disfigured (No matter what though the disfigurement will never reach the point where the Sith is useless). Now how the body regenerates is dependent on the way the Sith died. Some examples:

A broken neck would simply repair itself and probably result in the head being at a slight tilt.

A missing limb (say from incineration, like what would happen in a nuclear blast) will grow back. If the body is turned to ash, the largest particale would be the one to regrow the body, if every particle is the same then it is random.

A missing limb close to the largest part of the body will reattach itself to the body.

A missing limb that is far away or is blocked from reattaching will turn to ash and the body will regrow that piece. Something else to note the ash is poisonous and very deadly if inhaled.

A stake through the heart would be ejected at high velocity hopefully at the person who put the stake in the heart.

Now if you were paying attention (you get a cookie) you will notice I said currently before going into those examples. As Hel's power grows and she is able to bring back other races (Heloki, Fenris Brood, Jotuns). The time that it takes a body to regenerate will decrease until it seems almost like nothing happened.

An example of this: A turbolaser blast hits a sith completely incinerating the body. An eyeblink later the Sith is back.

And there is another tidbit that the Aesir don't know, Hel's gaining power faster then they believed she would. In conclusion Loki's army is designed to be unbeatable, (purely so the galaxy can be destroyed in the time limit), the "good guys" may enjoy success for a time, but that will be a very short period of time.

BattleDog
07-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Admiral I've just looked back through the last thread and I see no reference to a "dampening field" or it being "shut off."

About the swords: I've posted out these ultra sharp, light and indestructable swords before. However, with the re-emergance of magic they take on other properties. When faced with a "magical" enemy they glow blue, lose weight and cause burns when they touch flesh. The burn is proportional to the wound. So a cut will blister, a severed limb will probably burn a bit more of the limb off and a death blow will cause the body to explode in spectacular fashion.

Admiral
07-11-2005, 01:00 PM
could have sworn you said that, oops.

Now about those swords. Keep in mind that while the Futhark shares many similarities to magic it is not in fact magic. However, if you mean that the swords glow blue etc (Did you take that from Lord of the Rings by any chance?) when they encounter unnatural beings there wont' be a problem.

I'm still curious about why the Agamari are so interested in Tarsis? And why are they so against the natives?
----------------------------

To everyone: How long do you want to wait to see if the lost posts are recoverd?

BattleDog
07-11-2005, 05:34 PM
Yeah Admiral, I'm cribbing, and its going to get worse. Wait until we get to Tol Dura, the great Fortress built across the Dura Pass.

Its interesting you should mention the Futhark, since the name for the written Agamarian language is Furthork and runes in that language are often eteched into the blades, mirrored on both faces. Another thing which I've been toying with for Tarsis and which I have now decided to implement is having the Force "fuzzed out" That is it's still there but its almost untouchable. I decided on this a while back because I think the light/dark side barrier needs to be blurred there for some of the stuff I have planned.

Redwing
07-12-2005, 02:32 PM
A couple things you might want to know BD:

* Blade/Shadow tech - being magic-based - doesn't need electricity to work and doesn't use nuclear power. (Electricity is incorporated only inasmuch as organic life forms have electrical impulses from neurons etc. if I remember my biology.) This is technology that evolved in a world that didn't even need to discover steam power since magic power was so much easier to come by.

(Some Shadow tech has elements of electrical/nuclear technology, since it's cribbed from other dimensions, but still most of Guy's stuff would work... some systems might fail but there's always backups.)

* Magic from the Aether (i.e. my universe) isn't the same as magic from Mrear and wouldn't have any abnormal effect on Agamari swords.

Also: That IS alot of cribbing. "Futhork" and runes on blades from Admiral, and the Force "fuzzed out" from me ;) (Kidding mostly but "Futhork" is kinda pushing it. :D)

BattleDog
07-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Red, I don't think "fuzzing out" the Force is cribbing from you so much as cribbing from Crystal Star.

As far as cribbing off Admiral, well you're wrong:D

I cribbed off the same thing Admiral cribbed off, history.

The Futhark and the Furthork are two versions of the runic alphabet used by the Germanic peoples, which was probably invented for inscribing on metalwork, for which there is ample evidence.

You missed my actual cribbing refernces. Ever heard of the Dross?

About Guy's stuff: Well if you don't want to play the game thats fine but the point is to strip the group of everything they rely on.

Redwing
07-12-2005, 06:44 PM
Ah... I haven't read that. XD

I know about the runic alphabet. I was kidding mostly about the cribbing. Just seems funny that both of you are using very similar names. ;)

As for Guy's stuff, I'm willing to play - I'm sure I can relieve Guy of his precious Stuff somewhere along the line. I am after all a master of the deus ex machina ;) I'm just being a stickler for justifying things...

jokemaster
07-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I say we wait 3-5 days.

Kuuki
07-12-2005, 08:57 PM
What is going to happen to Carcern (or however you spell it), and the thread in general.

me and red are discussing a little bit of him from time to time

Redwing
07-13-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm actually waiting to hear back on what a time frame for possible retrieval for missing threads might be. :)

And, actually, I think in 3-5 days we ought to just make a new "section two" thread if restoring the old thread is possible. That way it's less likely more would be overwritten. (And if the old thread gets its tail end restored, I can just merge the two threads together.)

I should also point out that my main reason for not minding this wait is that Deac hasn't shown up again yet, and if he does, we should probably just pick up right then regardless of whether the thread is still there or not. :)

BattleDog
07-13-2005, 05:57 AM
Red, I agree, it is a pretty big coincidence but the Furthork is the Saxon derivative of Futhark and I can up with it long before Admiral started using it here. So its a case of parrallel developement.

As to Guy, well he'd probably have it all confisacated and if he resisted he'd be strip searched.

Redwing
07-13-2005, 01:15 PM
Heh. Honestly if that happened, and Guy didn't cooperate, the Agamarians wouldn't be able to do much. Even if they managed to knock him out (or *gasp* kill him), they wouldn't be able to move his ship, or strip him. (Let's just say his bodysuit isn't held on by buttons.)

Really, since when does the group actually go through proper channels to accomplish something? And why would they listen to a government rule when it could harm them? I can't see Guy (or the rest of the group) giving up their stuff just because a petty government demands it. It's rather irrelevant to try and make people happy when you're trying to save the universe. ;)

BattleDog
07-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Ok, well how is he going to deal with 100,000 irrate warriors? Especially since the penalty is death under law by flogging.

jokemaster
07-13-2005, 05:51 PM
How many flogs does it take to get through Guy's armor?
*crack*
*crack*
*crack*
*soldier shoots guy*

The world shall never know

Admiral
07-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I personally would like them to try flogging Guy to Death, but that is just me.

Now as far as the futhark is concerned I decided on using that when I created the Aesir, and well does it really matter? After all both me and Deac use Ragnarok...
-----------------------------------------------------
BD: Just a couple of points/thoughts

As far as confiscating Guy's technology, and well the rest of the groups is concerned. You are going to have some problems with that. The end of the universe will be very near when the group reaches Tarsis, so expecting them to obey a law that could possibly lead them to fail the quest isn't going to happen. Especially when success means that any thing they did on that planet would not have happened. Assuming that the group even contacts the government in the first place, their MO so far has not been to contact local governments asking permission to land, rather they pick a spot and land.

You said you want to strip the group of everything they rely upon, but how are you going to accomplish that? The Aesir rely more upon their archaic weapons then they do on the more advanced techonology (in combat) so the no tech rule won't harm them. They also have access to the Futhark so again there isn't a problem. Marin rely's upon shapshifting, Aidan on brute force/his lightning attack so he isn't effected. Orthos I believe has the Starkiller sword he uses. The ones that will be hurt on Tarsis are the jedi and raschel.

I'm still waiting to hear what is so important about Tarsis that the Agmari bother with it.

BattleDog
07-14-2005, 08:03 AM
Okay, Homeric last first:

The Tarsai have escaped before by attacking cargo ships and forcing the pilots to take them off world. Since it takes a little while for the power drain to become apparent ships have been known to land there for repairs. Thats reason one. Reason two is simply that the Agamari cannot concieve of strategic defeat, tactical defeat yes, but no strategic.

You don't want to make an enemy of an Agamarian because he'll keep coming until he's dead and the rest of his family until your dead, and the rest of his clan until your family is dead.

You get the picture.

As far as stripping them of everything they rely on, well I did consider having a blanket "no" on magic which would have hit more of the group but there are still going to be problems, for instance comlinks won't work.

As far as the confiscation thing, well the group will have to pass through the Tol Dura fortress in order to head north and into the underworld. Added to this the first thing that will happen will be that the group will be attacked, as soon as the hatch opens. Since the Asgardried is a large ship it will attract a large force.

The group will be saved by Agamari cavalry which will have been sent out on seeing the ship enter the atmosphere.

At that point the group will be faced with (checks notes) 60 heavy Cav with lances and 120 fast horse archers. I'd like to see them get out of that, especially since the Agamarian leader was generous enough to send spare horses. Speaking of which what is the size of the group now?

Admiral
07-15-2005, 12:09 AM
BD: Your under the assumption that the Asgardried would enter the planet without its cloaking shield engaged. Given the circumstances the ship would have the shield up so the natives and the Agamari would not see it enter the atmosphere, that is if the ship doesn't remain in orbit (still cloaked). I'm toying with a number of possible entry methods.

As far as resisting their saviors. Well Idun and Valda can put up shields that can protect the group if necessary (among other things in their arsenal) and then there are three Drake (in the near future you'll see what a Drake can do to an army when it doesn't have any restrictions).

Something else about the confiscation. Asking to give up your weapons is a grave insult to an Agamari. So by wanting the group to give up their weapons the Agamari are insulting the group...

I believe the group numbers around 19 (excluding your characters and assuming Deac shows up again).

One final thought about the Tarsis plot line. Red and I often discuss plots with each other to work things out and to get desired effects. As we come closer to the point were this plot line will begein I would recommend that you share ideas/how you want the plot to proceed (not ever detail so you can have some surprised etc.). This way problems that could destroy the plot line can be taken care of well in advance.

Redwing
07-15-2005, 02:23 AM
Now BD, exactly what could 100,000 irate warriors do to a Shadow? There is a reason that they gained that nickname, y'know. :)

The size of the group will increase during/after the upcoming dimension hop (i.e. this chapter), although not necessarily in the area of trusted, dependable members.... Even so, a group of unstable refugee magical powerhouses could put a serious dent in any army sent after them, especially one who can't use the Force or any useful technology.

Personally, faced with a 100,000-strong army armed with archaic weapons, no knowledge of Aether magic (or most likely ANY magic), in fact no supernatural powers at all (correct?), and no 'high' technology, I think the big army's chances start looking grimmer.

Finally if power drain is the key to the anti-tech mojo, there is now way most or all of Guy's stuff would be affected, since logically you can't create something to drain a power source if you don't know it exists, right?

Although, it wouldn't be terribly difficult to create a plot situation in which Guy is relieved of his technology by an external force, before even reaching Agamar... I'm thinking a certain Blade, at the moment.

btw, Admiral: You do plan on having the Drakes stick around?

BattleDog
07-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Okay, well I'm going to just deal with these problems in no perticular order.

The Agamari find it insulting to be disarmed, i.e. stripped of all weapons because it shows a lack of trust. They will be more that accomadating in re-suppling the group with what they deem appropriate.

About the army, well lets see (checks notes) It would be three Fyrds, which at full strength would number 35,910 men each for a total of 107,730 men in the entire army.

Grand Total: 107,730 men

Break down by numbers:

Per Fyrd: 35,910

Legions: 2

War Levies (Reserve Formation): 2

-------------------------

Per Legion: 7690

Longbowmen: 1,000

Armoured Spearmen: 2,000

Skirmisher Archers: 500

Armoured Billmen: 1,000

Houseguard Axemen: 1,000

Light Archer Cavalry: 720

Armoured Lancers: 720

Houseguard Cavalry: 720

General's Guard (Heavy Cav): 30

Per Levy: 8940

Longbowmen: 2,000

Armoured Spearmen: 4,000

Skirmisher Archers: 500

Armoured Billmen: 1,000

Light Archer Cavalry: 720

Armoured Lancers: 720

Fyrd Reserve: 1870

General's Guard (Heavy Cav): 30

Nobles (Heavy Cav): 720

Houseguard Swordsmen: 1,000

Light Cavalry: 120

Artilliary: 90 (780 men)

Light Catapulta (Arrow shooters): 60 (480 men)

Heavy Ballistae (Rock shooters): 30 (300 men)

Admiral
07-15-2005, 09:53 AM
Red: The Drakes are not crossing dimensions but will be remaining in the current dimension.

BD: Remember after twenty years that number will dwindle especially if Loki decides to go after them with his full force. And that army would make a nice afternoon snack for the Drakes. ;)

Anyways I will say the Aesir are not going to hand over their weapons to the Agamari (especially when they won't be bringing their high tech weapons to begin with). Commonsense would say thats a bad idea after you blew up the Agamari's homeworld, another bad idea is to trust them to give you decent weapons (for the same reason).

Also keep in mind that the Aesir have hidden for centuries, they are rather adapt at inflitrating "secure" areas and going where they please when they want to.

BTW: Threatening the group, and essentially saying if you don't play along they'll die is a quick way to see your legions destroyed (Remember, in stories heros always face impossible odds and survive). Obviously this isn't the desired result so this confiscating idea is going to need to be reworked. Or done in a different fashion since my impression at this point is that it won't work the way you currently have it planned.

Redwing
07-15-2005, 02:25 PM
BD: Their numbers are pretty irrelevant. You can only throw so many people at a small group at one time, and in this situation magic/Futhark gives the group the tactical equivalent of several racks of mini-nukes. Or at least a few dozen tanks. I can easily see the group just bulldozing past an entire army.

Basically, what Admiral said. :)

Admiral
07-16-2005, 01:14 PM
I have to go to work shortly but when I get back I'll start a new thread (just in case they do restore the old threads which I doubt) unless Red wants to do it sooner.

Redwing
07-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I think everyone is too focused on the upcoming forum relaunch to retrieve missing stuff just yet.

Either way, I made a new thread. Tell me if I missed anything important in my summary :)

BattleDog
07-17-2005, 03:25 PM
Okay, I was having one of those megalamaniac moments before, as a matter of interest I've rebalanced the force now and actually reduced the numbers, although I've increased the numbers of certain troops and changed the ratios of others. From a military standpoint I'm interested in oppinions, especially the artilliary at the moment its 1 piece per 100 longbowmen.

As regards the group, Red you can only throw so many men at a group in melee but you can shoot them up as much as you want. There are 6,000 longbowmen and 2,000 skirmishers. The longbows will do 15 arrows a minute, thats 90,000 arrows a minute. The skirmishers can do 20, thats another 40,000 arrows, 130,000 arrows in one minute! Two minutes of sustained fire before anyone runs out of arrows.

So the group will have to survive 260,000 arrows from the foot soldiers alone, I'm not even going to bother with factoring in the mounted archers.

About the heros thing, well maybe the Agamari will engage the group in single combat one by one. After all the group aren't the only heros in the galaxy.

I don't want you thinking I'm just being argumentative, I'm trying to throw up worthy counterpoints.

Okay, so lets look at whats going to happen again.

1. The Asgardried approaches and lands under cloak.

2. The group disembark, as soon as the Tarsai become aware of them they will mass and attack, the group will be out numbered by 10-20:1.

3. The group are "rescued" by an Agamari patrol and taken to To Dura.

4. The group are asked, very politely, to give up any high-tech equipment they have, which will be held for them until they return. The Agamari re-suply the group with their own weapons/equipment.

Admiral, as a pradtical story point, provided the group don't obcenely insult the entire Agamari race they will be treated very well, and I don't mean that relativly. In case you haven't picked up on the hints I've been dropping, the Agamari adhere to the old rules of hospitality. Basically anyone who you invite into your home could be a god, so you don't mistreat them because you might incur divine rath.

Redwing
07-18-2005, 05:26 AM
BD, I think you missed the part where any arrow can easily be blocked with a conjured force shield/that nifty armor the Aesir/Guy have and almost everyone is wearing.

I doubt the group would be giving up any high tech equipment, especially to people they can't necessarily trust, when so much is at stake. If the Agamarians don't like that? Too bad. How a few thousand/hundred thousand/million/billion quirky indigenous people feel is irrelevant when you balance it against "we need to save our universe".

Maybe if the Agamarians (IS there one?) actually posed a good reason, they could be convinced to leave it behind. Else...

Also: The Agamarians engaging the group in single combat would be a stunningly good way to slaughter themselves, if the group has magic/Futhark available to them, whether or not the Agamarians are "heroic" or not. :)

BattleDog
07-18-2005, 07:33 AM
Okay, well first off lets point out that the group can trust the Agamari.

So, good reasons:

1. Most of it is dead weight and useless.

2. They'll have to carry it.

3. No one is giving them extra pack animals for the purpose.

4. The chance of the group getting ambushed and lossing at least some of it is high.

5. If they don't leave it behind they won't be getting much help, which they will need. Guides at the very least. Not to mention sacrificial animals.

6. They can't land North of Tol Dura because the no tech mojo gets stronger nearer the polls. So they are looking at a hike to fortress and then weeks on foot further north, ergo they need good horses for the humans at least.

7. Admiral can confirm this, nay or yay, but if I were Loki I would use the Tarsai against the Agamari, ergo anything they loose will end up in Loki's hands and I doubt they want that.

Admiral
07-18-2005, 08:32 AM
BD: Not necessarily (from the groups view point). There is nothing to say that Hal is in charge or even alive after twenty years. And Loki's shape changing ablitiy will make them suspicous anyways (Loki would have a lot of fun impersonating Hal btw).

I'm a little curious. How would the Agamari know the group gave up all their high tech weapons in the first place (do a strip search)? Also why do they need sacrificial animals?

And just some additional points:

1. The Group has pack creatures already that do more then just carry luggage.

2. The Asgardried may not be able to, but a Drake can land to the North and each could easily carry a number of group members.

3. Any Aesirian technology will only work for an Aesir or someone they designated. If it falls into the hands of an enemy it would destroy itself, so the threat of it falling into enemy hands doesn't really worry the Aesir.

4.By the time the group goes to Tarsis there will roughly be less than two years left. The group is going to risk far more than in previous threads.

5. Loki will arm the Tarsai with what we would consider modern weapons (aka. Guns, bombs etc). Eventaully though Loki would send the Fire Jotuns to scorch the planet.
----------------------------------------
and just few other things:

1. I'm really toying with the idea of having the Asgardried stay in orbit and have the drakes ferry the group to the planet.

2. At Midgard it was a 100+ to 1 so the group facing 10/20 to 1 is a great imporvement for them not to mention the added bonus that once a Tasia is killed they stay dead.

BD: Ya I picked up on the hospitality thing. The Aesir have a similar belief in that guests must be treated very well (not because they could be a god). In PTH you see what happens when the Aesir don't see the person as a true guest (take Allessa on Midgard, there she was a tresspasser and normally would have been executed, actually the star destroyer would have been destoryed before she ever got to the planet). In Cantina on Godsheim station you see more proper treatment.

BattleDog
07-18-2005, 01:38 PM
Okay, well first off no matter who was in charge the group could trust the Agamari. Thats not to say the Agamari wouldn't try to kill them but they'd be totally honest about it.

Second, the Agamari would ask for Vidar's word on behalf of the group. If any of the group transgressed they would expect Vidar to forfeit his life. Or they could ask for the word of each member of the group individually, in which case if they broke their word they would forfeit their own life. I'm guesing that Vidar would go with two, as he doesn't trust some of the group.

---------------------------------------------

1. They do? Great. Do they have mounts too because The Agamari aren't exactly going to be lending out swaybacks. We're talking full on 16-18 warhorses, fully trained and very well looked after.

2. I have things planned that would make that decidedly unpleasent, read fatal, for the group and not a lot of fun for the Drakes either. I've seen the things bleed so I'm assuming that if you get under the scales they can be hurt if not killed.

3. Yeah, but its still gone. Better to leave it at home.

4. 260,000 arrows is a big risk, I refuse to believe that the group could block all of them. I mentioned before these aren't conventional arrows, I'd reckon on punching through mithril plate at a hundred paces.

5. Well he could try, sorta like giving Plains Indians machine guns and assault rifles to fight the 7th. Either they'll break or all the Indians will get caught in their own crossfire.

---------------------------------------------

1. Read above.

2. I thought it was 35,000 to 1:) At Midgard there were no flaming arrows.

Final note: I figured you had picked up on it, just wanted to make sure.

Admiral
07-18-2005, 04:11 PM
BD: You missed the point entirely. Loki as a master of deception and lies could easily personate an Agamari and then lead the group into a trap. Hence the group cannot trust the Agamari. Idun could penetrate Loki's disguise if she got near him. So if you want the group to trust the Agamari they are going have to pass Idun's approval and since she would need to get near them either two things would need to be done: 1. The Aesir put a sword tip next to the Agamari's neck ready to kill him/her as Idun test them. 2. The Agamari goes to Idun unarmed.

As far as a group member giving up their life if they have technology discovered on them. The Agamari can expect that all they want but it won't happen, if the group believes it is necessary to carry a piece of technology then they will regardless of how insulted the Agamari become. They are trying to save a galaxy on the verge of destuction being polite/diplomatic won't be a concern form them.

1. I thought you may have guessed the creatures would be the drakes. Needless to say no mount that the Agamari would provided would be able to be worn on a Drake.

2. I doubt that for reason we have already stated. Mainly since you don't know the ablities of a Drake where I do. As I've said multiple times Drakes are immortal, they can bleed since they are alive and have blood but it won't hurt them. Not to mention getting under their scales is nearly impossible to begin with.

3. Doesn't matter to much when you have more weapons then people. Although this doesn't matter to much since I've already said the Aesir won't be taking their high tech items. This mainly centers around Guy.

4. No it isn't. For an arrow to be dangerous it has to reach the group which they wouldn't. Idun can create a dome shield around the group where the arrows wouldn't penetrate first off. And how are these arrows not conventional? Until you tell me I can't tell you when they would be able to pierce Mithril.

5. The 7th what? Also with only a little training the Tarsai should be able to grasp how a gun works. Same for the plain indians.

The Aesir were also denied the ablitiy to use the Futhark at Midgard as well. I get the impression that you want the group to be totally dependent on the Agamari for this portion of the quest? If this is the case it wont' happen.

BattleDog
07-18-2005, 04:59 PM
First off, I get the Loki thing, all I'm saying is that the group can trust the Agamari. As far as holding a sword to someone's throat, well I think they'd go in for a trade. Vidar can hold a sword to Hal's throat but only if Drago can hold a sword to Heimdall's throat.

The tech point, well the best way to avoid that is just not have it come up. What the Agamari don't see won't upset them. Don't upset them.

1. Point taken but the group may well have to go places the Drakes can't really follow. Also if the group flys they'll miss all the stuff I have lined up and whats the point of a quest with no danger.

2. Sorry, I wrote that is less than perfect English. It would be almost certainly fatal for the group, the Drakes might get the odd nick under the scales. Use your imagination, its not much of a leap but I just plain don't want to give it away. Sorry.:)

3. Well, yeah, okay. What if it was Guy's favorite do-hicky? The one his mother gave him?

4. Well I still don't but indestructable shields, from anything less than Gods that it is, so I assume that put under enough pressure the shield would fail. Seems reasonable, not that I'm trying to force you into being resonable.

5. 7th Cavalry? The Little Big Horn? I meant that if you got the Indians to use those weapons with Indian tactics you might find a lot of accidental blue on blue.

About the arrows:

On pure mechanics you're looking at a wooden longbow with a draw weight of around 70-90 pounds. The arrow is 28 inches longs, weighs around 1 1/4 pounds and has a bodkin head.

So its pretty good for starters. Here's the thing, the arrows' heads are made of Agamarian Steel, which is the same light, hard metal used in their armour. Now you may recall that an Agamarian sword can punch through mithril in certain curcumstances. Added to this, when fired the arrow is wrapped in energy of an indeterminate type which is however manifestly similar to that which the swords eminate when facing magic.

Now I say 100 paces becuase when the group was attacked in the last thread I said that I rated Agamarian Steel as 75% the strength of mithril at about double the weight for the same piece of armour. The arrow will puch through Agamarian plate armour at 200 paces, about the same as a real longbow for steel. That means a hit on mithril at 150 paces but I'm being generous and saying 100 paces sure hit.

So it has less to do with what you say about your armour and more to do with how I rate my armour vs yours.

Admiral, your giving me arthritus:D

Admiral
07-18-2005, 05:39 PM
baby. :)

BD, that is why we talk about the plot so things like that don't happen. What I have noticed is that we are basically going around in circles and really not making an progress.

So the sequence for the begining of the quest I see as follows.

1. The group lands on the planet either by riding the Drakes down, or the Asgardried.

2. Shortly after set down the map will point them towards the fortress (Dura?) and the group begins heading in that direction.

3. As the group walks they encounter a raiding party at which point an Agamari patrol helps them, and then escorts them to the fortress

4. At the fortress they are reunited with Hal, Allessa, and Drago.At which point they are asked to surrender any high tech weapons they may be carrying. The group will want to know why (for obvious reasons). The problem here being Guy (as I mentioned the Aesir will not be carrying high tech weapons). Remember Guy is blind and uses his spider contraption for transportation etc. I think it is reasonable to allows an exception for Guy at least to carry some of his equipment.

5. Hal, Allessa, Drago and any guide are tested to make sure they are not Loki, Hal give Vidar that sword you mentioned. Shortly after that they set off...

Is that alright with everyone?

And those arrows I assume are enchanted by some means?

BattleDog
07-18-2005, 06:05 PM
1. Yeah, fine.

2. Tol Dura, they could just head north, they'll see the fortress a way off.

3. Think of it more like a hunting party or patrol in force but yes. They'll be helped by an Agamarian patrol in force.

4. Well he'll have to argue his case but I think someone might speak up for him. Although they may have less sypathy than you expect. You'll see why when the group gets there.

5. Again, basically yes, though those might not be the ones they'll want to test.

The arrows? I have no idea how they work. :D

Now that Deac it back I ask again how he feels about Orthos having one leg.

This is all good stuff for when I write my book. I admit it, I'm using you guys to develop my characters. Notice how I slipped another two in in my last couple of posts?

Kuuki
07-18-2005, 06:09 PM
and what of the other characters?

how would they be treated (more or less detail)?

Admiral
07-18-2005, 06:22 PM
BD: Why do I think a few of us are doing that to some degree or another.

Kuuki
07-18-2005, 06:29 PM
*uses F. Irvine as a ginnie pig for various baddies for Forgotten angels*

not to mention Forgotten being the book :)

jokemaster
07-18-2005, 09:46 PM
Speaking of Forgotten angels......
*tries to shock Scar with cattle prod*
*notices it's out of batteries*
*Whacks him on the head with it*
GET MOVING ON THAT THREAD

BattleDog
07-19-2005, 05:13 AM
Scar: Huh? Others? Everyone will be treated more or less the same, can you be more specific?

Admiral: Do you have a book in mind? In case you hadn't noticed mine is going to be a dark/age fantasy trilogy. Thats if I don't have to pad the plot too much.

Kuuki
07-19-2005, 05:11 PM
jm: i sorta went to actually making an actual story out of it (which i planed in the beginning *shrug*)
havent gotten far with it, being usually busy and the lack of there of motivation to put in a few sentences after sitting in the hot hot hot sun all day, wanting nothing more then AC :P

BD: no i just sense from previous OOC encounters between you and I, which overflow into thread, i feel like automatically my character(s) are on a **** list.

Redwing
07-20-2005, 03:07 AM
I have several books/graphic novels in mind, centering around different characters I've created and certain things that happen to them..

What I have in mind is far more of a set of 'realistic' dramas in an unrealistic setting, rather than quest-based fantasy/technology-centered sci-fi. I have no interest in following a normal, standardized sci-fi/fantasy plot outline, even though obviously my universe is heavily steeped in elements of both.

I'm actually currently writing the first part. (and need to get moving since I need to have a new submission ready by the 25th; I'm part of a small novel writer's group)

You may think this weird, but I've actually been hesitant to use major characters (plotwise) in these RPGs, because obviously anything major happening to them here can't be incorporated into their personalities in the original stories.

For example: Termand Rwos was never anything more than a side character who happened to have a reputation and plays a pivotal but still minor role in the main storyline. (And I liked him.) Guy, Marin and Aidan, and most of the other characters I've used alot are also mostly side characters.

Major exception is K'Warra, but since he's an immortal nothing really fazes him. Nothing CAN be done to alter his basic personality in a manner significant to the story. But even he isn't one of THE main characters, since he always plays a secondary role. Even if it is a central one.

[/end ramble]

Technology-comparison-wise, since all my stuff is created with how it works with other stuff in my universe in mind, how it interacts with other people's stuff (e.g. Admiral tech, Star Wars tech) has always been a waffling point for me. For instance, I have no idea what the hardness of a Drake scale is in comparison to (for example) magically reinforced Blade Executioner armor.

Okay, on to RPG-related stuff.

Why would the group believe this? Whether or not they're shapeshifters doesn't matter - the Agamari are No One We Know. Which is one step away from Enemy, especially if they're trying to confiscate important stuff. And especially since everyone related to the Agamari has left the group now.

Just because the Agamari CAN be trusted doesn't mean the group WILL trust them.

So, good reasons:

1. Most of (the tech) is dead weight and useless.

4. The chance of the group getting ambushed and lossing at least some of it is high.

Just how much crap does the group *normally* carry? Also, if the tech doesn't work for the group it can't work for the Tarsai. And if the tech doesn't work, they can get rid of it. Rather than give it up to possible unfriendlies.

5. If they don't leave it behind they won't be getting much help, which they will need. Guides at the very least. Not to mention sacrificial animals.

Why would they *NEED* guides when they have a map... and why would they need sacrificial animals? Those aren't part of the quest. (and can't be, because the designers of the quest couldn't have been sure that said animals wouldn't be extinct by the time the quest was activated.)

7. Admiral can confirm this, nay or yay, but if I were Loki I would use the Tarsai against the Agamari, ergo anything they loose will end up in Loki's hands and I doubt they want that.

Nothing any of the current group carries with them could help Loki. The Aesir's stuff would blow up, and Guy's stuff can't be duplicated with the resources Loki has available to him. The only thing Loki could capture that could conceivably help his forces would be Marin's morphing cube, and she doesn't carry that with her (plus to date only Aidan and Heimdall - plus whoever Heimdall might have told - know what it does, or even that it exists).

3. Well, yeah, okay. What if it was Guy's favorite do-hicky? The one his mother gave him?

Um... did I miss something? I don't recall Guy's mother giving him anything, for the minute and a half she was in the RPG. :p

4. Well I still don't but indestructable shields, from anything less than Gods that it is, so I assume that put under enough pressure the shield would fail. Seems reasonable, not that I'm trying to force you into being resonable.

A shield hardly needs to be indestructable to block arrows, even alot of arrows, especially ordinary ones. No amount of thrown rocks would get through the armor of a tank, right? But a tank's armor would collapse under enough pressure. Maybe if you enchanted the rocks :)

4. Well [Guy will] have to argue his case but I think someone might speak up for him. Although they may have less sypathy than you expect. You'll see why when the group gets there.

Just an FYI, if Guy actually still has all that tech to cart around with him when it gets to be this time, IF he gives it up, it would certainly have a failsafe on it. i.e. if the Agamarians tried to dismantle/destroy it, bad things would happen to them.

(There's a good chance Guy would give it up under the right circumstances; although he isn't bound by honor in any way he's pretty selfless.)

Of course at this point Guy may not have anything with him to give up if we/I take the storyline that way.

Redwing
07-20-2005, 03:26 AM
I have several books/graphic novels in mind, centering around different characters I've created and certain things that happen to them..

What I have in mind is far more of a set of 'realistic' dramas in an unrealistic setting, rather than quest-based fantasy/technology-centered sci-fi. I have no interest in following a normal, standardized sci-fi/fantasy plot outline, even though obviously my universe is heavily steeped in elements of both.

I'm actually currently writing the first part. (and need to get moving since I need to have a new submission ready by the 25th; I'm part of a small novel writer's group)

You may think this weird, but I've actually been hesitant to use major characters (plotwise) in these RPGs, because obviously anything major happening to them here can't be incorporated into their personalities in the original stories.

For example: Termand Rwos was never anything more than a side character who happened to have a reputation and plays a pivotal but still minor role in the main storyline. (And I liked him.) Guy, Marin and Aidan, and most of the other characters I've used alot are also mostly side characters.

Major exception is K'Warra, but since he's an immortal nothing really fazes him. Nothing CAN be done to alter his basic personality in a manner significant to the story. But even he isn't one of THE main characters, since he always plays a secondary role. Even if it is a central one.

[/end ramble]

Technology-comparison-wise, since all my stuff is created with how it works with other stuff in my universe in mind, how it interacts with other people's stuff (e.g. Admiral tech, Star Wars tech) has always been a waffling point for me. For instance, I have no idea what the hardness of a Drake scale is in comparison to (for example) magically reinforced Blade Executioner armor.

Okay, on to RPG-related stuff.

Why would the group believe this? Whether or not they're shapeshifters doesn't matter - the Agamari are No One We Know. Which is one step away from Enemy, especially if they're trying to confiscate important stuff. And especially since everyone related to the Agamari has left the group now.

Just because the Agamari CAN be trusted doesn't mean the group WILL trust them.

So, good reasons:

1. Most of (the tech) is dead weight and useless.

Just how much crap does the group *normally* carry? Also, if the tech doesn't work for the group it can't work for the Tarsai. And if the tech doesn't work, they can get rid of it. Rather than give it up to possible unfriendlies.

Why would they *NEED* guides when they have a map... and why would they need sacrificial animals? Those aren't part of the quest. (and can't be, because the designers of the quest couldn't have been sure that said animals wouldn't be extinct by the time the quest was activated.)

Nothing any of the current group carries with them could help Loki. The Aesir's stuff would blow up, and Guy's stuff can't be duplicated with the resources Loki has available to him. The only thing Loki could capture that could conceivably help his forces would be Marin's morphing cube, and she doesn't carry that with her (plus to date only Aidan and Heimdall - plus whoever Heimdall might have told - know what it does, or even that it exists).

Um... did I miss something? I don't recall Guy's mother giving him anything, for the minute and a half she was in the RPG. :p

A shield hardly needs to be indestructable to block arrows, even alot of arrows, especially ordinary ones. No amount of thrown rocks would get through the armor of a tank, right? But a tank's armor would collapse under enough pressure. Maybe if you enchanted the rocks :)

4. Well [Guy will] have to argue his case but I think someone might speak up for him. Although they may have less sypathy than you expect. You'll see why when the group gets there.

Just an FYI, if Guy actually still has all that tech to cart around with him when it gets to be this time, IF he gives it up, it would certainly have a failsafe on it. i.e. if the Agamarians tried to dismantle/destroy it, bad things would happen to them.

(There's a good chance Guy would give it up under the right circumstances; although he isn't bound by honor in any way he's pretty selfless.)

Of course at this point Guy may not have anything with him to give up if we/I take the storyline that way.

BattleDog
07-20-2005, 05:36 AM
Well In case your interested Hal is my main protagonist but initially he'll be around 17 years old. Coming from a violent world and given his backstory his demeanor will seem more reasonable. Allessa will appear in act 2 as his love interest and a plot point but I'm still not sure what she's going to be like. Drago will be another character in act 2, known as "The Dragon" only he won't be immortal he'll be around 40-50 and haunted by his failure to save Hal's father.

Now, on to buisness:

Right, shoving all the tech stuff out the window. I think we've answered that, including the bit about the arrows. Speaking of arrows, did you know a longbow is powerful enough to send a shaft through kevlar?

Why does the group need guides? Have you ever tried to walk the Andes ar travel the Congo without a guide? Maps only show you the ground. If all the group needed to know was where to go they wouldn't need guides.

Sacrifical Animals? They're going to the underworld. They don't need to sacrifice anything but if they don't they'll have to deal with all those angry spirits.

The thing about Guy's mother was a figure of speech.

Talked about the arrows.

Admiral
07-20-2005, 04:30 PM
BD: Yes I have a book in mind with a medieval setting (I love that setting if no one has noticed. :)) and probably some Norse elements as well. The rpg wise there is little that translates over except for some names (Idona, Viddall) mainly and toying with the Heloki.

I haven't heard about that test, at what distance did that longbow pierce the kevlar?

As far as guides, Red brings up a good point. Now under normals circumstances I would say yes a map isn't good enough. However, the map the group uses if far from normal (it changes etc.) so its not a far reach to say that guides are not needed. Further since they would know that the group wouldn't/couldn't trust the inhabitants of Tarsis they would have made sure a guide wasn't needed.

As far as the underworld part. Why would the questmakers have the group go into the underworld? What purpose does it serve?

BattleDog
07-20-2005, 04:53 PM
I can't remember the specifics about the kevlar thing but I seem to remember it was the needle point rather than the bodkin. The same head used to pierce chainmail.

As I said, there are certain dangers the map can't show. "Here by dragons." sort of stuff.

Why the underworld? I have an answer but first tell me who created the quest.

I have another question about your Aesirean armour. How do the Aesir protect joints, knees, elbows and especially armpits; after all thats the real killer.

Redwing
07-20-2005, 05:00 PM
Kevlar is intrinsically very different from a force field obviously. :)

IIRC sharp, bladed objects can cut through Kevlar. Bullets are not sharp, bladed objects. Kevlar is made to stop bullets.

About the map: You can get lost with ordinary maps. You can't get lost with this map. And, avoiding dragons is not a necessity.

Who created the quest: The three Norns and a small council of extremely powerful mages from the Aether. (magic world of Earth from Rwos' universe.) Some of the Aesir (who were alive at the time) and some other mages, helped create it, especially Odin IIRC. Certain creators had more hand in certain sections of the quest that others.

jokemaster
07-20-2005, 05:24 PM
So I'm the only one not planning to write a book?

Writer
07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
I guess so, JM:D

BattleDog
07-21-2005, 06:09 AM
JM: Looks like.

Red: Ahh, thats what I thought. Well here's your answer: If the group is worthy they will pass through the underworld, if they are not they won't.

Again, they will need someone with local knowledge or they will likely die. I'm not saying why.

Redwing
07-21-2005, 11:23 AM
Well BD, the group has been "likely" to die throughout every single thread yet. :)

The quest can't be created to require "help from Agamari" unless the Agamari were contained in the quest themselves, like the dwarves frozen in stone a few threads back. There's simply no way the creators could've ensured that the Agamari would even be around. "Always in motion is the future."

If you mean something outside the quest is going to kill them, I think you're underestimating the group's survivability in these situations. Especially considering the supernatural help they've got.

Either way, the group can't be strongarmed into acting out-of-character just because "if they don't do this they will likely die". Outside knowledge of that can't affect how the group will act. You need a better reason. :p

Deac
07-21-2005, 02:36 PM
JM, I think most of us are.

Kuuki
07-21-2005, 04:24 PM
come up with your own plot JM, might be easier :D

BattleDog
07-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Red, look if you don't want the group to have guides then they won't. Just don't be surprised when nothing makes sense and they find themselves questioning their sanity. Just to be a little clearer, we're not talking about force of arms.

Kuuki
07-21-2005, 04:52 PM
i think with the things already happened, i think they should have if not already questioned such

but i think what you're trying to get at, you're going to introduce a sort of psyicho-symatic situation that would freak out members of the group?

BattleDog
07-21-2005, 05:54 PM
The only part of that I understood was "Freek out the group"

jokemaster
07-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Scar Da Kookee
come up with your own plot JM, might be easier :D I would but....erm.......um......OK, I'M LAZY, ALL RIGHT?

Kuuki
07-22-2005, 12:55 AM
and all i understand is is that you're trying to do something with the plot that for strange reasons the group has to do, but in the case of certain individuals in the group, your ideas cant be possible (in more then one way or another)

Writer
07-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by jokemaster
I would but....erm.......um......OK, I'M LAZY, ALL RIGHT?

So'm I.... that's no excuse:p

Redwing
07-25-2005, 02:58 AM
Red, look if you don't want the group to have guides then they won't. Just don't be surprised when nothing makes sense and they find themselves questioning their sanity. Just to be a little clearer, we're not talking about force of arms.

Whether or not I want the group to have guides isn't an issue (for the record I have absolutely zero preference one way or another. how could I have one? XD) But I balk at the idea of forcing the group to act out-of-character.

Maybe Admiral and I are too used to intensively arguing this stuff out over IM (which we've done for all PtH plots since, oh, about chapter 2 IIRC.) My operational system of thought here is:

A) Plot creator wants something to happen that requires characters to do or not do something.

B) Judging by the way the plot is planned to go, characters probably won't go along with it, spoiling things.

C) We then try and reconcile points A and B.

Re: Sanity - Hmmm, well, keep in mind you can't really control whether or not the group goes crazy or not. ;)

BattleDog
07-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Red, what I don't quite get here is "out of character."

Are you saying that its out of character for the group to except help? Look at it this way, you land on a strange planet which screws with a fair bit of the stuff you've come to rely on. Further you discover you've stumbled into the middle of a very bloody war and that somewhere along the line you lost twenty years.

Now out of this someone you recognize as being a moderately sane and honourable man says, "Hey, I have an army here, so I reckon I can spare a couple of guys to guide you to exactly where you need to go and make sure you survive all the other locals.

So you reckon the group wouldn't say yes?

Further, to your earlier point about the Agamari not being part of the quest, why not? If everything is predetermined by the Norns then they could have forseen the Agamari on the planet.

Admiral
07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
Red: I prefer calling that process how we refine ideas. :)

BD:

It is out of character for the quest makers (at least mine) to have it so the group must rely on outsiders (regardless of how trust worthy they are). I would go as far as saying they wouldn't allow a section of the quest where the group needed outsiders. Why is that?

1. Well for starters these stages of the quest are test for the group. They are designed to see if the group posses certain virtues (that Red and I of deemed important) such as wisdom, courage, compassion, honesty etc.

2. Rremember that the group will not get the time matrix (Odin and the Norns knew about that) so these quest are preparing the group for a different challenge really.

3. The quest makers want the group to rely on each other and not outsiders.

4. The group must be able to face the minor dangers on Tarsis (no matter what you say, in the grand scheme of things they will be minor). As such the quest makers would most likely have the group go through the most dangerous parts of the planet. If they can't survive Tarsis by themselves then they won't be able to finish the remaining parts of the quest.
------------------------------------------------------

Another thing that is out of character for the group is to have them rely upon the Agamari *for anything*. Time has shown that the group doesn't bother to seek out local governments or try and get any help the exception being Midgard. Where one the planet was inhabited by the Aesir, and the group wasn't given much of a choice. This wont' be the case on Tarsis. Why? The Aesir and the rest of the group don't trust the Agamari.
----------------------------------------------------------

As far as your scenario (about stumbling into a bloody war etc). The group would avoid getting themselves entangled in the war especially after losing twenty years. They would try and remain neutral and reach their objective as quickly as possible.

Also so far your locals don't seem all that dangerous, when compared to the skill/power the group possess even if they don't have things they rely on.

Something has just occured to me. The Agamari invaded Tarsis (still I'm not sure why), the original inhabitants could be/are just trying to get rid of the invaders and free their world. It is not a far step to say that the Agamari are the bad guys in this conflict with the original inhabitants the good guys. It is not even a stretch to see why they attack outsiders after such a bad experience with the Agamari.

If the Norns take that view point (I say if since I don't know the backstory) then they certainly would prevent any part of the quest involving the group relying on the Agamari. Speaking of which, keep in mind BD that the Norns are my characters and I have final say in what they know and who they share that knowledge with. Normally they do not share any information about the future or events.

Another thing to keep in the back of your head as you develope this plot line. You are essentially taking control of some of my characters and Reds. When we ask for reasons for a situation or argue about one, we are trying to make sure that this section of the quest remains true to what our characters (the quest makers) would do. And if we say that none of the quest makers would do that you are going to have to take our word for it since they are after all our characters (and in the past you have misjudged how at least my characters view certain situations).

So with that in mind I ask what is the purpose of going to the underworld? Is it a test of somekind and if so what is it testing (something to keep in mind the questmakers wouldn't restest virtues the group has already shown to posses)?

As far guides. Hal is certainly free to offer them to the group, but at least Odin and the Norns would not design a section of the quest where the group would need to have a guide.

I think that is everything I wanted to say.

BattleDog
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Thankyou for articulating all that Admiral, Red seems to be a bit ham fisted with the keyboard at the moment.

First off let me say that of course your characters are your own and you have every right to argue. I know how frustrating it is to be hijacked. The problem here is everyone is trying not to spoil their surprises. I know there's one I can keep under wraps.

Since I've already said I'm basing the underworld a bit off Homer I'll tell you a little more about it. For starters in order to enter you have to cross the river, name pending, and pay the ferryman. If you want to go back you have to pay him double when you cross, plus a couple of other things. You also have a time limit, or you die

Now here's the thing, everything in the underworld will be geared to turning the group away from the quest. Remember the underworld is full of shades. For example, there will be millions of souls stuck on the wrong side of the river because they are unburied due to their planets being blown up. So there will be plenty of silent finger pointing at the Aesir. Another example, members of the group's families will be there, although people like Deac and Odin wouldn't be in the Shades, so you won't see any Cantina characters, the likes of Cracken would be in Hell at this point.

The point is there is going to be a lot to distract the group, plus the fact that they will be going into the land of the dead and that has to give anyone the heebi-jeebies.

So I would say the attribute tested here would be resolve, or faith. Both of those would have to be very important to the quest and whatever you have at the end, I expect. Another thing they might need would be humility, accepting help when you need it isn't a sign of weakness, you can take that or leave it though.

-----------------------------------------

As far as getting help, how are the Agamari any different from the Aesir? In real terms no one trusted the Aesir except the Aesir, nobody is going to trust the Agamari except Hal and his family. I really see no difference, except theat the group aren't traveling in Hal's ship.

-----------------------------------------

About the bloody war, well they don't have to take part but they're still going to be slap bang in the middle of it.

About the locals, you aint seen nothing yet mate, lets just say Hal is going to need that super powered sword.

Q: Are the Agamari the "Good Guys"?

A: Errrr......ummmm........No, they're a bunch of ruthless barbarians.

I actually debated with myself the idea of the Aesir being declared "Unworthy" (I'm going to translate that into Saxon later) whcih would mean that the Agamari would do their level best to kill all male Aesir. No prisoners.

As far as the Tarsai-Agamari War there are no "good guys" the Agamari are the aggressors but the Tarsai burn women with their husbands, eat each other's babies, practice blood sports such as gladiatorial combat and worship the god heads of death, destruction and war.

So chew on that, and give me your thoughts. :)

Kuuki
07-26-2005, 05:06 PM
i thought that a cantina group was not even in the picture of them neither dead nor alive for the fact of them being with and using the time matrix

BattleDog
07-26-2005, 06:34 PM
No, they're still dead, otherwise Vidar would be MIA as well.

Admiral
07-26-2005, 08:04 PM
Scar: The Cantina Group (Odin, Deac, Flax, etc) were essentially copied and told go grab the time matrix. As such in this time line they are dead.

I'll deal with the simplest matter first, taking help from the Agamari.

The only time the group recieved any help from the Aesir was before the battle of Midgard. The group was forced to accept the Aesir's help, mainly since Heimdall went directly to the main Aesirian encampment. From that point the group wasn't given much of a chance to refuse any aid.

Now lets really look at the aid that was given. The group was given supplies and Idona joined them. The reason she joined is partly personal which will be shown in the thread, and as another warrior. So the help was minimal.

With that said the main problem with the guide/help from the Agamari is having the quest dependent upon that. The quest makers wouldn't have that. With that said Hal can certainly offer the group guides, pack animals, supplies whatever. The group may or may not accept all or part of the aid. The quest just cannot be dependent upon that aid.

And just one thing about having a guide. He wouldn't be able to take the group on a less dangerous path, the quest makers would have seen to that. Reason: They want to make it hard on the group.

Just for illustration: To reach the time matrix there are two paths. One is through a nice pleasant valley with tall trees, a could of gently flowing streams. The other path is through the firey pits of hell. The questmakers would see to it tha the group would have to go through hell (regardless if there is a guide saying, bad idea), to reach the time matrix, and then back again to get away with it. and not just so they can say they been to hell and back again.

Oh, just something else for you to consider, any guide could be Hal son/daughter if you wanted to make things a little interesting.
------------------------------------------------

The Underworld: The sounds much better BD. I do have a few caveats though.

Well to use christain terminology, what you describe is a sort of purgatory/limbo for souls who can't pass to the next level (mainly a type of heaven) since some rites haven't been preformed. If this is the case then I don't really have a problem with the "Agamari underworld"(for a lack of a better name).

I would have a problem if it was the entire underworld. Mainly since we have already shown that the underworld has levels with Niflheim being on the lowest level of the Realm of the Dead. Also that depending on your culture/race different things happen. The Jedi for instance become "one with the force" although some are still able to linger in the mortal world.

As I said, if this "Agamari underworld" is just another level there shouldn't be a problem. Although you wouldn't find any dead Aesir there (they go to another place(s) when they die, this of course the destination is dependent on how they lived their lives).
----------------------------------------------
War: My main point is that the group isn't going to try and get entangled in that war. How successful they are is another story. I don't know how your going to have the war (who is winning/who is lossing) but I would say it would fit the times if the Agamari are losing.

Agamari are ruthless barbarians is the reason the Norns/Odin wouldn't have a quest dependent upon them :)
-----------------------------------------------------------

The Aesir being deemed unworthy does go directly against Hal giving Vidar that sword in friendship.

However lets just say the Aesir were declared "unworthy", and the Agamari attacked the men.

1. You attack an Aesir you will have to deal with all of them (including the females).

2. The Drakes will come to the Aesir's aid without hesitation and proceed to unleash an inferno upon the Agamari.

3. The Asgardried would commence an orbital bombardment.

4. While the Agamari may hurt one of the Aesir, it would turn into a slaughter for the Agamari.

Keep in mind that the Aesir are by far the most heavily trained warriors in this galaxy. Also they have hundred of years of combat experience and finally the Aesir on this quest are members of their Elite forces (Beserks, Einherjar, and Valkyries) so the Agamari wouldn't just be dealing with common soldiers.

That is just something to keep in mind. I really don't want to go through another serious of my troops will slaughter yours, no mine will etc.

Redwing
07-26-2005, 10:52 PM
Thankyou for articulating all that Admiral, Red seems to be a bit ham fisted with the keyboard at the moment.

Heh - and I thought Admiral was being harsher than I was! :p Obviously my tiredness is interfering with my clarity :)

For example, there will be millions of souls stuck on the wrong side of the river because they are unburied due to their planets being blown up. So there will be plenty of silent finger pointing at the Aesir. Another example, members of the group's families will be there, although people like Deac and Odin wouldn't be in the Shades, so you won't see any Cantina characters, the likes of Cracken would be in Hell at this point.

I do like this whole underworld idea. Need to add to the caveat that Admiral gave, though - no culture who didn't have a tradition of this would necessarily end up in this part of the underworld (especially with the VERY culture-specific idea that burial is necessary). Definitely no one related to any extradimensionals, or Raschel (this being because Raschel has no relatives in this galaxy. :)

Originally posted by Admiral
Scar: The Cantina Group (Odin, Deac, Flax, etc) were essentially copied and told go grab the time matrix. As such in this time line they are dead.

Actually to clarify: The Cantina Group wasn't copied - it was taken out of the time stream. But this hasn't happened yet. It won't happen until this time line finishes itself. When it does happen, this time line will change, with the Cantina Group being missing, rather than dead. Of course, nothing will happen any differently since "missing" is for all intents and purposes the same as "dead".

Yeah, kinda irrelevant, I know. :p

Kuuki
07-27-2005, 12:04 PM
meh, what do i know, i'm just the comic relief.

sorry JM :P

BattleDog
07-27-2005, 04:45 PM
Right, I get the "hard as possible thing." I wasn't envisaging an easy route, if any part of it is less than a nightmare it will be pure luck.

I still say that there is no difference between the Agamari and the Aesir, if the group managed to miss Tol Dura, well you'll see when they get there.

About the son/daughter thing, way ahead of you. Did you think I was slacking. :D

Underworld: I have no problem with that, think of the underworld as compartmentalised. Remember I said they would only be going to a certain section. The "lost souls" are actually a Roman concept, did you know that the Romans ALWAYS burried some part of the body even if it was just a strip of flesh from the thigh.

Unworthy: As I said I toyed with the idea, then dropped it, about four months ago, at least. I also toyed with the idea that Vidar would be dragged off in chains and asked to answer for his crimes.

Oh, byt the by, I have a Drake counter lined up, two actually.

Admiral
07-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Oh Drake counters, that should be funny.

I figured that you dropped the unworthy plot, although that would have been amusing, same thing if you tried to chain Vidar up (regardless of everything else you try chaining up a person who is there one second and gone the next).

About the underworld: I see it as sectioned and layered so to speak.

As far as burial rites: Yup I've always found those to be interesting, just like the different concepts of the underworld.

BattleDog
07-28-2005, 01:25 PM
Mock the dangers of Tarsis at your peril, young man.

Okay, thats going in the book.:D

Kuuki
07-28-2005, 04:09 PM
remove an 's' and you'd already have a dead world.... :P

BattleDog
07-28-2005, 04:19 PM
Yes, we did all that about six months ago at least, at any rate the world isn't dead at all.

Kuuki
07-28-2005, 05:44 PM
KOTOR reference bd. :)

BattleDog
07-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I got that, like I said, we did this whole thing about six months ago:p

Writer
08-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Due to my further writing on LucasForums using Kira, that character is a bit more complicated.

Kira was involved in the Sith back in the KOTOR time period. She was admired for her skill with a lightsaber, but something about her would not allow her to exercise the ruthlessness the Sith were best known for.

Before her eighteenth birthday, Kira was a Jedi apprentice named Teri Korr. She trained under her father, Ethan. Several days after Teri turned eighteen, her father was killed by a Sith Warrior. Her father's death drove her mad and she vanished, only to return as Kira.

A year later, Kira was involved in a crash on a highly unusual planet. She began to remember bits and pieces of her life as Teri Korr. As it turned out, the planet was split by a time barrier. When a fourteen year old Teri approached Kira, she remembered the planet.

Ethan and Teri Korr had crashed on the planet four years earlier and had been rescued two years later. Now, four years after the original crash, the planet had drawn young Teri face to face with what she had become. Kira knew she couldn't kill this young Jedi. If she did, she would die as well.

Just before Kira successfully escaped the planet, Teri was struck down by another Sith warrior, the same one who had originally killed her father. Kira felt weakness overcoming her. In an attempt to save her future self and return Kira to the light, Teri entered her future body, refusing to let it die.

Kira refused to listen to Teri, who became a second part of her brain. In the end, the body was killed, but Kira refused to let go of life. The two linked persons continued to enter new bodies and assume new lifestyles. Each time, Kira would destroy the original mind that lived in the body. This continued until they found Tanara, who was strong enough to resist destruction.

When the two found Elaina, Teri prevented Kira from killing her and the two found Tanara. When Tanara took Kira back, Teri stayed with Elaina and has not yet revealed herself.

I'm not entirely sure how I want this to go. From what I gather, Kira resurfacing will not be accepted at all, but it could be rather interesting to have Kira and Teri get into some kind of argument. If not that, Teri will resurface and ask a bunch of questions. For the most part, Kira's been restraining her. She's not sure how long it's been since she saved Kira's life.

Kuuki
08-01-2005, 08:39 PM
i say, go for it WJ, sounds like a good conflicting plot. :)

Admiral
08-01-2005, 09:35 PM
Kira taking over Tanara for a prolonged period of time could see Tanara being thrown out an air lock. ;)

Don't let that stop you from having Kira and Teri from having a conflict or even resurfacing. It should be interesting and good character development.

Writer
08-01-2005, 11:08 PM
Ah... well, it won't be long. :p but now's as good a time as any. :)

Redwing
08-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Complicated plots are awesome. (I'm sure you're all shocked to know I hold that opinion.) ;)

By the way, if a plot should come up that would require the Aesir not to tolerate a characters' presence on the Asgardried, they could end up in Guy's ship (since Guy won't refuse anyone and doesn't want to eliminate any member of the group. Plus he's got those visions that conveniently let him see glimpses of the future etc). But Guy hasn't told anyone this obviously so no one should be running rampant expecting that to happen =)

Kuuki
08-24-2005, 08:19 AM
cent reply for the next few days

lappy HD = fried :sob:

jokemaster
08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
^Cent reply? What does that mean? You're giving us a cent to reply, you're getting a cent to reply, or you're paying a cent to reply?

Writer
08-24-2005, 12:58 PM
or all of the above perhaps? :p

Kuuki
08-24-2005, 02:19 PM
funny guys, you knew what i ment...

cant

jokemaster
08-24-2005, 02:57 PM
cant what?

And you know my philosophy: You can typo, but if it becomes another word, I'm making fun of it.

Writer
08-24-2005, 03:51 PM
and I'm just being entertained :p

jokemaster
08-24-2005, 03:53 PM
^Which fufills my inner comedian.

Kuuki
08-25-2005, 08:50 AM
lovely JM, just lovely

how about we dropit cus i barely have enough time to get any sort of replying done, and this is all that i see... >.>

i DONT like being corrected. especally when someone attempts tomake fun of it.

Writer
08-25-2005, 09:15 AM
Scar, I don't mean to be rude or harsh, but I have a bit of advice... I'm guessing you probably won't like it, but... ah, here goes: Learn to laugh at your mistakes, especially when they're amusing. Life tends to be easier that way... take my word for it. :)

Admiral
08-25-2005, 11:40 PM
Be nice everyone.

Typing hurts at the moment due to my hands being cut up a little. So I'm holding off posting until tomorrow or Saturday. Just want to remind everyone that their characters have to vote for the leaders.

Easy way to do it is just have you character(s) say something like: Asgardried I want him and her to be in charge.

Redwing
08-26-2005, 01:59 AM
Going to have a bit of difficulty posting due to school starting next week/lots of work/needing to help with a friend's birthday party. Will still post but less (as you may have noticed already :P)

Writer
08-26-2005, 01:12 PM
... wait, what's this about somebody being in charge? I think I missed something...

Kuuki
08-27-2005, 07:08 PM
i was getting agitated cus you two kept at it.

Writer
08-28-2005, 12:44 AM
Well for what it's worth, I am sorry... never meant to irritate you.

jokemaster
08-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Me neither, sorry man. Just thought it was a bit funny so I posted it, I swear no malicious intentions meant. I've had my share of embarassing typos

Redwing
08-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Scar, no offense, but...

*types something insulting* :D

;)

Rogue Nine
08-29-2005, 01:32 AM
Jake loves tacos.

:D

*flees*

Writer
08-29-2005, 01:58 AM
..... erm.... ok...... :confused:

Redwing
08-29-2005, 01:59 AM
Ian, you WHORE. ;P

(Spamming little supermoderator... :D)

Admiral
08-29-2005, 02:00 AM
Nice try Niner, but I still have your credit cards. *using them to pay for my tuition* :)

jokemaster
08-29-2005, 12:22 PM
(Spamming little supermoderator... :D)
And the difference between him and you is....?

Redwing
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
And the difference between him and you is....?

That he started it. ;)

jokemaster
08-29-2005, 02:23 PM
But you've got more posts than him, and he joined before you did.

Redwing
08-29-2005, 03:06 PM
I didn't get those posts by spamming, I got them by posting... alot. :p

Now shut up and stop spamming ;) :D

Writer
08-29-2005, 07:15 PM
How many posts have you gotten by saying "Shut up and stop spamming!" :p

Redwing
08-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Three. Well, four, now. ;)

Writer
08-29-2005, 11:32 PM
is that in thousand :p (ok, I'm done now... :D )

Rogue Nine
08-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Hi. :D

<----

Redwing
08-30-2005, 11:40 AM
I still have blackmail. :D

(Okay, FIVE.)

jokemaster
08-30-2005, 12:20 PM
Hi. :D

<----
you tryin' to tell us you're an admin?

Admiral
08-30-2005, 07:05 PM
I'm happy everyone here has learned that Niner and Red both spam.

WJ: Reread the part where the group is having their meeting. That should explain everything.

Kuuki
09-11-2005, 08:40 PM
needs more niner around anyway....

BattleDog
09-17-2005, 06:10 PM
Just thought I'd let you know I'm off to Uni and probably won't be around, doesn't matter anyway.

Redwing
09-18-2005, 04:47 AM
((Gah. F-ck, totally forgot to reply to this RPG when I had time... and now I've run out... so... reply tomorrow or Monday hopefully. ^^;;; Sorry!

BD: Thanks for the FYI, but we still expect you back before the next thread, if you're planning on being away that long anyway ;)))

Admiral
09-18-2005, 04:41 PM
((Ya so BD if you can make it back in about Five years this thread should just be about ending))

BattleDog
09-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Ahh, dam. I'll be in the army by then!

Admiral
09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
((Army life tends to be rather boring when not in the field or actual combat so I think you can manage. Hell even in the field it can be boring))

Kuuki
09-19-2005, 01:52 PM
((*waves about the forementioning field work/what ever in the military*))

BattleDog
09-19-2005, 06:01 PM
Scar, is English your first language?

Kuuki
09-20-2005, 06:48 PM
((Bd, for one you know I'm not a good 'typist'. Even now that I dont have my own PC i don't nearly spend REMOTELY as much time on a computer (hence why i make such a hastey post)

but you're insults about my posts are really starting to get upsetting. STOP.))

BattleDog
09-21-2005, 05:22 PM
That was a totally serious question. After three odd years of bashing your grammer it occured to me that you might not be an English speaker.

Ikhnaton
09-21-2005, 07:35 PM
btw, it is spelled "grammar" :D

BattleDog
09-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I'm dyslexic. :)

Kuuki
09-23-2005, 12:57 PM
((I'm from Rochester NY. Born and raised, with two VERY American Parents))

BattleDog
09-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Fine, in that case may I suggest you try saying your posts before posting them.

Kuuki
09-23-2005, 06:45 PM
((Maybe cus it makes sense to me OR i just dont care.

how about you expect me to make a screwed up post once in a while and jsut keep it at that.

When I was in school, they made me take an IQ test every 3 years.

I have a low verbal IQ of around 97, and my Mathimatical IQ is more around 142.
All in all after the rest of the scores are in my IQ is 138. Above average, but still i have a lower verbal IQ.

note: before you say any thing about that score, the verbal is a combination of writen and oral stated segments. ((just in case you havent taken one before))

now i do stink at typing, and liek i said i do screw up, and if i cared more about the post, i'd make a spellcheck and all that. OTHERWISE if i dont, I DIDNT CARE. SO shut up for now on BD.

like you siad it's been like three years and still you havent given up.

and red, i'm not sure if you given up or not, but i sure as hell cant turn to cracken (whom he is listed as the moderator of these forums) to ask BD to stop (for mere purpose of unduty-familarization with myself (cus i know him in person), people might say that he's taking more of my side or something....), So red why don't you step in and tell him. this **** is getting damned annoying. And i want him to stop.))

Redwing
09-23-2005, 08:22 PM
((Scar, hard to take your side when you (sometimes - not always - you have improved) make incomprehensible posts and then excuse it by saying "i just dont care".

I know you two have had flame wars and hurled insults at each other in the past, but BD hasn't actually flamed you or even insulted you this time around. "may I suggest you try saying your posts before posting them" is a perfectly valid suggestion, and it might actually help. I've spoken to you on the phone before and you don't sound like you type. ;)

How about this: Both of you, no more verbal sparring. If you want to sling mud, or point out grammar errors, PM each other. I'll just delete anything either of you say to each other that becomes a problem. How's that?

Anyway, back to the RPG :p))

Kuuki
09-24-2005, 01:06 PM
((good enough for me.))

BattleDog
09-24-2005, 02:42 PM
Fine, I'll stop commenting on his grammar, except to say that I mention it because I think its bad manners to post incoherently In Scar's case, what I find insulting is the fact that he says he doesn't care.

I'm done.

Kuuki
09-24-2005, 06:18 PM
((What i didn't care was the content of my posts, what i did care about was people like yourself saying that i should ;)

now i'm done))

Redwing
09-25-2005, 12:52 AM
((BD, again, feel free to PM Scar about his grammar.

Scar, since BD isn't going to say it now, your post made no sense. I really do not understand it. I just took ten minutes to try and decipher it (usually I can "translate" your posts since I've been reading them for so long :)) but I honestly do not get what you're trying to say. Could you maybe reread and edit that post?

P.S. this is not permission for BD to write "Ha ha, I told you so" after this post ;)))

Writer
09-25-2005, 10:32 AM
((Red... are you talking about the post just above yours?? I hope not... that one made sense to me... :confused: ))

Redwing
09-25-2005, 12:13 PM
((It doesn't make sense to me because it sounds like it could be saying multiple things, bar any random misspelling.

Maybe I'm just tired.

((What i didn't care was the content of my posts, what i did care about was people like yourself saying that i should ;)

now i'm done))

"It's not that I don't care about the content of my posts, what I care about was people like you saying I should."

Is that correct? XD

I can't think about this further coz I have to go to work :D))

Writer
09-26-2005, 12:44 PM
((Suggestion: Let's stop analyzing Scar's posts and get back to RPing :) ))

BattleDog
09-26-2005, 02:10 PM
Personnally I think this is an issue, when the only way we comunicate is with text and someone can't be arsed to type proper English, with no excuse other than "I don't care." I think thats not only a problem its very rude.

Writer
10-08-2005, 10:33 PM
Red... about that whole 'back to the RPG' thing you posted... what about following through? :p

Seriously, though... Tanara and Elaina are waiting on Marin... if she has anything else to say. :)

Redwing
10-09-2005, 01:21 AM
...you may feel free to shoot me now.

that is all I have to say. :)

Writer
10-09-2005, 01:30 AM
bang :p

Kuuki
01-12-2006, 12:38 PM
((gunna have to find a more 'reliable' router to leech a connection from :())

Admiral
01-13-2006, 03:27 AM
((For medical reason I'll be unable to post for the next couple of days))

Redwing
01-21-2006, 01:56 AM
((Waiting on Admiral.))

BattleDog
01-21-2006, 09:16 AM
((Waiting on JM))

Kuuki
01-21-2006, 09:33 AM
((Pickles.))

Writer
01-21-2006, 04:40 PM
((Just waiting... and Scar, does that mean you have pickles or you want them? If you have them, can I have one? If not, never mind......... :p ))

Kuuki
01-22-2006, 10:13 AM
((no, just pickles.))

Writer
01-22-2006, 10:23 AM
((Ah, of course... that makes perfect sense...))

Redwing
01-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Okay... since this PtH thread has already been split in two, I'm debating dividing it further into chapters. (Not sure about it at this point, tho.)

For those curious, here's what I have had roughly planned out (not significantly changed since I started the RPG... not anticipating the feet-dragging during the last year :p)

Stage One: Stopover on Kartin (This was supposed to take 1-2 pages (or about a month) to RPG through - it took 6 1/2 pages, and 4 months. We do love our setup.)

Stage Two: The Kidnapping (This went according to plan, taking a little over 2 weeks, 1 page.)

Stage Three: Aftermath (With the group separated and trying to figure out what to do next, I figured this would take another month or two, say 3 pages. It took a whopping 10 pages and 9 months.)

So here's the rest of the rough 'quest-map': (I'll post further details of any part of it if anyone wants.)

Stage Four: The Shadow Base (We're two pages, one month into this stage already, and I've given up predicting how many more pages it'll take.) Should be SHORT.

Stage Five: The Torn Planet (Group gets their quest, crosses dimensions) SHORT.

Stage Six: The Shadow of Archon (Group's ships ensnared.) SHORT.

Stage Seven: The Devastated Watchtower (Investigating a destroyed Blade watchtower.)

Stage Eight: The Blade High Citadel (stage subject to timeline rearrangement depending on what happens in the RPG, but it will probably happen here)

Stage Nine: The City of Center

Stage Ten: The Way Line SHORT.

Stage Eleven: The Alari Jungle SHORT.

Stage Twelve: The Underground SHORT. (I think)

Stage Thirteen: The Mountains of Crystal SHORT.

Stage Fourteen: The Forests of the Wolf SHORT.

Stage Fifteen: The Bright City in the Water

Stage Sixteen: The Great Pit SHORT.

Stage Seventeen: The Graylands SHORT. (I think)

Stage Eighteen: The Land of the Fallen Sun SHORT. (I think)

Stage Nineteen: The Shattered Barrier SHORT.

Stage Twenty: Earthside

Note that after the group finally crosses dimensions, stage changes are basically setting changes.

"SHORT" means the stage should proceed in a get-in-get-out style, like Stage Two (the kidnapping). The stages not marked SHORT are where Big Plot Events are supposed to to happen. (Four places; where it involves the Blades, in Center, at Marin's home, and on Earth.)

If everything had gone according to plan, we'd be in Stage Twenty already. Obviously, and this is mostly my fault for barely replying my entire last semester and not moving things along during the semester before that. (Thank God I have a much lighter class load this coming semester.)

Comments?

Deac
01-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Everyone, gather round and promise to post more!

BattleDog
01-28-2006, 08:59 AM
Heh, I'm glad I'm just a spectator. At least all this foot dragging is giving me more time to plan my part, and finish my maps.

Kuuki
01-28-2006, 10:38 AM
I have until may 8th until i'm out of Pensacola.

sometime when i get on my ship, i have to report no later then the 15th of june, so after that, dont think i'm going to be around if any

this is another reason why i'll be doing what i'm doing in c14 (refering to a PM to red))

Writer
01-28-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd post if other people post... my characters aren't exactly major characters, though a few interesting things will happen with them eventually. I seem to recal chatting with either Red or Admiral... think it was Red... about Teri/Kira being one of their temporary enemies...

Then, the real Kira (inside Tanara) will gain control long enough to transfer and kick out whoever's controlling the body. Teri (inside Elaina) will follow and manage to completely destroy Kira, leaving us with an approximately 4000 year old Jedi padawan (which I seem to remember Red saying could be quite interesting) :)

BattleDog
01-28-2006, 02:00 PM
If someone doesn't start posting I'm going to snap and post a catalogue of Agamarian Swords. I'm warning you!

Kuuki
01-28-2006, 02:43 PM
not my turn :3

Deac
01-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Waiting on Red....

Redwing
01-28-2006, 08:58 PM
...who is waiting on Admiral. All that will happen that I can post now is foot-dragging until he's able to post the group into the base. There's only a minute left until that happens, so RPGing opportunities are... limited. ;)

Feel free to post the catalogue, BD ;)

Admiral
01-29-2006, 09:16 PM
And I am still sick and recovering from surgery.

I'll try and post decently but until I'm fully recovered I can make no promises.

WJ: It was me you talked to.

BattleDog
01-30-2006, 05:27 AM
Hey, its not like you don't have a reason not to post.

Writer
01-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Admiral: Heh... glad somebody's here to remember these things that has a better memory than I do :p

Kuuki
01-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey, its not like you don't have a reason not to post.

Um yeah. he does.

Redwing
01-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Um yeah. he does.

Scar, reread his sentence. Very carefully. :p

Kuuki
01-30-2006, 06:59 PM
er..
triple negitives!!! NAH!

BattleDog
01-30-2006, 07:32 PM
Triple negatives are valid. I'm an English Undergraduate. Don't argue or I WILL most a thousand word essay on Beowulf, and then there will be a test.

Kuuki
01-30-2006, 08:30 PM
OR, i could give ya a test on what IM doing in the Navy :P

j/k
you got to spend about 50k usd for the clearence first :D

BattleDog
01-31-2006, 09:31 AM
Which would be why at 19 years old I know how to fire a MILAN rocket? Clearance is a bit of a myth.

Kuuki
01-31-2006, 12:56 PM
um
no.

and i'm friken serious on this one.

BattleDog
01-31-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm not asking you to tell me anything, especially not over the internet but you would be surprised what a Civilian can learn down the Pub.

Kuuki
01-31-2006, 05:20 PM
okay then. suppose where done with this subject ^_^;

i sent you a PM last night, get it?

Redwing
07-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Back here again.

The creatures are attempting to force the group to walk away. Physically that means they move their limbs to make them walk away from Sakara. Mentally that means they try to will the victim to give in and desire escape. Resistance is painful and difficult - no matter who you are or what your mental training is. The creatures will keep doing this until the victim gives in, in which case the victim gets returned to his/her previous location. I.E. Back where they started in front of Ker.

Weapons will be very quickly ineffective, regardless of type. Ditto magic/supernatural powers. Skill, and quick adaptation, will maybe buy a few seconds to a minute if standing still. More creatures will pop up if some clever fighter manages to keep them off while approaching Sakara, until they can't proceed without getting mobbed.

In case it comes up, the creatures can be removed with great [mental] difficulty from someone else, but cannot be removed from oneself by oneself.

Finally, resisting the creatures too long without success is fatal, as the person's mind will disintegrate. The victim can feel this coming; yet another incentive to give in.

Kuuki
07-20-2006, 11:25 AM
Ooo, i can have Irvine play on that ^_^ (already had an idea to give for the 'faint')

Redwing
07-20-2006, 04:02 PM
((Red: I noticed that K'warra didnt go into the white room. and becuase Sir-vin/irvine wasnt out there to be 'asked' he didnt go with.))

Sir-vin got thrown in with everyone else. The asking of the question had nothing whatsoever to do with who got dumped in the white room and who didn't. Ker didn't ask him, because he was unconscious. However Guy's ship and everything/everyone in it got transported (except for the unconscious Kiri).

If Sir-vin stays unconscious he won't be attacked by a creature. Otherwise, the same thing will happen to him that is happening to everyone else.

Kuuki
07-20-2006, 04:22 PM
um, ok. dont make sense, but ok.

I had the notion that Irvine was excluded from that teleporation due to that *shrug*

Redwing
07-20-2006, 05:22 PM
Let me clarify: Ker required the question's answer to earn her services in transporting the group across dimensions. However, unrelated to this, anyone crossing dimensions for the first time starting a few weeks/months after the Holocaust, anyone trying to get in or out of the Cantinaverse has to go through the white room and pass through it successfully.

Irvine was on Guy's ship at the time of transportation, and so was transported to the white room with it.

Redwing
07-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Ugh.

Okay. Scar, in regards to your last post, the creatures aren't characters. I posted what they are and what they are doing, with the intentions that anyone can work with that. I.E. Have them be briefly fended off by weapons but then pass into the character's body and do what I posted above. Otherwise I would have said Deac was godmoding.

Also, the creatures were advancing on Sir-vin ever since he woke up, so they're already on him. You cannot just have him notice them "begin" to advance on him. Ironically this was indeed godmoding (it seems to me that you were trying to avoid godmoding, unless you were just saying that as an excuse to not have to do extra work and rewrite your previous invalid posts) since it contradicted what I was already having the creatures do. Thus that section of your post will be ignored if you do not change it.

Edit: Removed some comments on Sir-vin's intellect that weren't necessary. ;)

Writer
07-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Ok, so we're supposed to give up? Is that how this is working?

Redwing
07-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh. Er. No. Giving up is a bad thing. It puts you back in the dimension you came from, meaning you failed.

You have to move past Sakara despite the interference of the creatures. But you can't take too long or lose the will to continue.

Sorry about the confusion; obviously I need to explain things better. :)

Deac
07-23-2006, 09:10 AM
If we don't make it past, are we cut off from the rest of the group permanently? I ask because I'm going to be without net access for a fortnight and need a way to get the group out of it for a while.

Redwing
07-23-2006, 11:37 AM
First, no, it wouldn't be permanent, but it would be rather strange to have all three of your chars fail the test. What a coincidence...

Second, you won't have to. You ever wonder what happens if you get past Sakara andn into the next dimension? I'll PM you...