PDA

View Full Version : [KOTOR] MECK Project - Enter Jabba's Palace side quest

Xavier2
12-20-2004, 08:55 PM
Enter Jabba's Palace, the new mod of the MECK Project (Movie Episodes Conversion for Kotor), is finally out in http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/9226.html

Edit: Direct PCGM Download link...
http://pcgamemods.com/core/9226/MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace.rar -RH

Mod link at Prime's site: http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/jabba.html

This mod adds new models, skins and a new side quest for KOTOR with 2 new areas. It takes place in Tatooine and blends with the normal game allowing you to choose if you will lean towards the light or dark side. In order to enable the quest you will have to land on Tatooine for the first time, look for a
pair of X-Wing pilots in Tatooine docking bay and talk to them.

The new models and skins are:

X-Wing Pilot uniform (new skin for the soldier clothes):
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Only avaiable for PC male soldiers
Defense +2
Damage Resistance 5/- Acid, Cold, Ion, Fire

Upgradeable
Mesh Underlay - Damage Resistance 15/- Ion, but Reflex penalty -1
Armor Reinforcement - Defense +4, but Reflex penalty -1

EE-3 Blaster rifle (new model of Boba Fett rifle):
------------------------------------------------------------
Bonus feat - Master Sniper Shot and Master Dueling

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Attack bonus +1
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Damage bonus Ion 1d4
Imp Energy Cell - Damage bonus Energy 1d4

DL-18 Blaster Pistol (New model of Jabba's henchmen pistol):
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Constitution damage On Hit DC14
Damage bonus Energy +3

Upgradeable
Hair Trigger - Damage bonus Energy +4
Scope - Keen
Beam Splitter - Attack bonus +3 and Damage bonus vs Droid +2
Imp Energy Cell - Attack bonus +1 and Slow On Hit DC14 25% for 3 rounds

Boba Fett Outfit (new model of Boba Fett armor with a JetPack):
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Armor proficiency required: Heavy
Defense +5
Immunity Sneak Attack, Poison, Paralysis
Awereness +4
Bonus feat Sneak Attack VI

Please read the included ReadMe file. There is important info and tips on the side quest.

Here are some EXCLUSIVE pics:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace18.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace19.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace20.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace21.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace22.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace23.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace24.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace25.jpg

EDIT: I forgot to mention that loading the "autosave" save game tends to corrupt the Dune Sea area while Enter Jabba's Palace is in.

ChAiNz.2da
12-20-2004, 09:11 PM
Many tears of joy will come from this!

This looks absolutely stunning and for those who are waiting for the PC TSL release...well this is going to fill in a very 'empty' feeling.

and probably bring some of the current TSL players back to the original ;)

Amazing work Xavier2 (and to everyone else involved). I'm starting a new (or new-ish) game just for this mod... Thanks for the rejuvenation and desire to actually 'play' the game again! :D

:thumbsup: :fett: :thumbsup:

RedHawke
12-20-2004, 11:20 PM
Xavier2,

Nice to see you you finally released this! I'll give it a runthrough after I finish TSL, and one of us fixes the Jawa Shop Incompatability... I just have to have my shiny stones! :D
From MECK Readme
This side quest was intended to be compatible with Redhawke Jawa Shop and new planet Ord Madell. Although both mods were working fine together in the begining of the production, in the later steps of development the jawa shop seemed to be unavaiable. I tried to solve this but wasn't able to make it work.
This is why, when you release a mod that uses scripts, you should always include your Mods source .nss scripts, then people can help to figure out what is happening, and fix these sort of problems. ;)

Once again, from the screenies it looks like you guys did a bang-up job on this one! :D

EDIT: What version of the Jawa Shop were you using, the first one 1.0 that you had to talk to the Mechanic, or the one 1.1 that used the onenter script to spawn the Entrance Jawa?

Xavier2
12-20-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by RedHawke
EDIT: What version of the Jawa Shop were you using, the first one 1.0 that you had to talk to the Mechanic, or the one 1.1 that used the onenter script to spawn the Entrance Jawa?
Hey, i completely forgot about this. That is why i can't see the shop. I haven't talked to the mechanic when i was testing. If that is the case i think there isn't any imcompatibility issue after all.:D

You can't even imagine how dumb i was assuming the shop spawns at the OnEnter script, i have both versions of the Jawa shop but i just saw the one installed is the 1.0...:p

And i completely forgot to add the source scripts...:( I will include in a future version 1.1.

EDIT : It is compatible with the Jawa shop. Sorry for the mistake.:D

tomwaz
12-21-2004, 12:03 AM
This is great!!

I'm getting my copy of Kotor 2 in the next few days (hopefully it will ship on christmas day but probably not).

This is sure to keep me very excited about it and hold the urges to go somewhere and play it. I want the kotor 2 experience to last, not just a few minutes at a mates house.

Great work Xavier2, Keep it up!

Doom_Dealer
12-21-2004, 12:44 AM
Great work mate, a real achievment!

I'm glad you ironed out those bugs that were found at its come out brilliantly :)

Renegade Angel
12-21-2004, 03:05 AM
*drooling*
MECK rocks!

DarthMarv
12-21-2004, 03:23 AM
juhu howdy how it's finished !!!
damn it' rocks (i like the boba fett styl :D )
:fett: :fett: :fett: :eek: :eek:

Darkkender
12-21-2004, 03:50 AM
Darn this is what I get for not staying online longer last night. I can't wait to DL and give it a run through.

viscen
12-21-2004, 06:03 AM
:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

wow great mod i love it im still stunned ty again for all your hard work u have put in

Durge
12-21-2004, 06:07 AM
This is a great mod but i think there may ba a problem to it. I get up to the part where i talk to the pilot , i get the quest, and search in the dune sea, but when i see a gomorrean pilot(sorry if its spelled wrong) my guy walks up to him but they dont talk? (is it the mod or is it just me)

nm i see it!!!! i forgot how it said first time lol

Edited by Darth333: I merged your two last posts. Please use the edit button instead of double posting ;)

DarthMarv
12-21-2004, 06:39 AM
ok i can help you. First you must go to the another swoop bikes in the dune sea (the destructed swoop bikes) then there came two gamorian to kill you . Then you talk to them and ask about the pilot . Then there go and you can go to the pilot(talk to him) . AND TADA
YOU ARE IN JABBAS PLACE!!:cool: :cool:

stingerhs
12-21-2004, 07:04 AM
hey, great work guys. i really wish i could have been more help, but life just throws ya too many curveballs sometimes. oh well, i'm looking forward to playing it on my new computer thats coming on wednesday. :D

Lorden Darkblade
12-21-2004, 08:25 AM
Very nice job Xavier!!!
Now, a bit off topic but anyone knows when The Sith Lords will come out for PC?

Koshir0
12-21-2004, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Uchiha Itachi
Very nice job Xavier!!!
Now, a bit off topic but anyone knows when The Sith Lords will come out for PC?

February 2nd, I think.

Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Good work Xavier, I sent you a redone model for the DL-18 and the Pilot helmet, did you ever get those? From the screens I wouldn't think you did.

If you didn't get those, I assume you didn't get your UV map either...

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Good work Xavier, I sent you a redone model for the DL-18 and the Pilot helmet, did you ever get those? From the screens I wouldn't think you did.

If you didn't get those, I assume you didn't get your UV map either...
I got it a bit after the release, unfortunatelly. Maybe you could release it as an add-on to the side quest? Anyway. Thanks for the UV Map as you can see in the WIP thread i placed within the body texture and will work on the body model a bit more...;)

Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 10:16 AM
Will do, in fact that gives me the opportunity to improve that helmet, it was pretty bad now that I look at it. :^:

Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Maybe it's just me but no matter what I do this mod doesn't work... I get as far as recieving the 300 xp for talking to the G-pilot then when I go to use the speeder nothing happens, I've tried this with my mods installed, and even after deleting all the other mods temporarily of course ;) still nothing, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated

Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Talk to the gamorrean pilot right next to the speeder, if he runs away, and the module doesn't load, check inside you Modules folder.

Xavier2 put all the contents into sub-folders, so if you look inside Modules, and there's a folder titled Modules, inside THAT should be Jabba_Entrance and Jabba_Palace, put these into SWKotOR/Modules where they should go. I had the same problem when I tested this. :D

Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 10:42 AM
Though I appreciate the idea I had already put the proper files into their corresponding folders... trust me when I say everything is where it should be and still nothing works

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by Jord-odan
Maybe it's just me but no matter what I do this mod doesn't work... I get as far as recieving the 300 xp for talking to the G-pilot then when I go to use the speeder nothing happens, I've tried this with my mods installed, and even after deleting all the other mods temporarily of course ;) still nothing, any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

HINT: The pics can pretty much tell you which original side quest i am talking about.:D

EDIT: and DarthMarv has already explained it all a few posts above.

Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xavier2
[B]Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

Ok guys don't worry about it, I've not resolved the issue, but I'm not going to sit here and be made to feel like I can't read... nor install things accordingly.

I've followed the plot lines, I've done the proper side quests, I've played this game through and through on the xbox and pc several times... I know which side quests you're referring too, however nothing still works. so other than go insane I'll just pass on what I'm sure turned out to be an awesome mod that just doesn't seem to work for my system.

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Jord-odan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xavier2
[B]Read the Readme and pay attention to the journals. Enter Jabba's Palace blends with an original side quest of Kotor. Before talking to the Gamorrean pilot you will need to complete this original side quest as well...

Ok guys don't worry about it, I've not resolved the issue, but I'm not going to sit here and be made to feel like I can't read... nor install things accordingly.

I've followed the plot lines, I've done the proper side quests, I've played this game through and through on the xbox and pc several times... I know which side quests you're referring too, however nothing still works. so other than go insane I'll just pass on what I'm sure turned out to be an awesome mod that just doesn't seem to work for my system.
I meant no offense Jord-odan. I didn't mentioned which plot exactly because i like the idea it should have the feel of an actual in game side quest where is not always that easy to find your way around.

It makes sense if you think that the pilots don't know anything about the missing companion other than where he has headed. It is supposed to be a little tricky...

This outcome you mention, the inability to move forward only happens when you choose certain dialog options, simply because you haven't enough info to do so. In this case, the journals state that fact to you.

I don't know if that is the case. Could you PM me with info on the point where you got stucked and the last journal entry you are seeing?

Mono_Giganto
12-21-2004, 11:44 AM
try this:

Use the warp cheat and warp to Jabba_Entrance and Jabba_Palace. If you can't warp to either, then something isn't in the right place, if you can, then you've likely finished the quest before installing the mod, etc.

Jord-odan
12-21-2004, 12:00 PM
Guys it's ok, I'll try the warp cheat when I get back to playin, as for now I'm just kinda tryin to mod somethin ;) I'm not upset or anythin its all cool

Renegade Angel
12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
In the pictures everyone is fighting.
I got those things in Jabba's Container, talked to the pilot but nothing happens.

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Chains
In the pictures everyone is fighting.
I got those things in Jabba's Container, talked to the pilot but nothing happens.
Well the container is locked, it shouldn't open till a certain dialog becomes available...PM me a description of what happened.

Have you used any cheats or warped to the module?

viscen
12-21-2004, 01:56 PM
sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by viscen
sry to bother u and really sound like a clutz but as a refer the readme says to talk to x-wing pilots in the docking area(thats where your ship is right?)well im searching that area high and dry looking for the x-wing pilots but they dont seem to be anywhere to be found i relize they have a new skin well can someone point me in the right direction. do u talk to the pilots first thing in the docking area? where in the docking area are they? this is the first time im at the docking area as well the readme says its the first time. well my little cousin is calling me so i have to quit writing i wrote everything i have figured out so please help

(i just want to see boba fett :( )
Take a look at the pic #9 (link is in pcgamemods) That is where you will find the X-Wing pilots.

Colma Adawin
12-21-2004, 02:27 PM
:drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2: :drop2:

that is all i can say, im too stunned at the greatness of this mod

(oh, wait i did say sommit :p)

MattCole

DarkBlade2Z
12-21-2004, 03:53 PM
WOW!!! This is amazing, now only if we had a Sarlacc to go along with it :rolleyes:.... (Insert hopeful thinking :D )

viscen
12-21-2004, 04:23 PM
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

and keep up the good work

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 04:29 PM
thank you for your help, i found out the problem when i extracted the files the files went with them so i had to take them out of the files i just finished the quest

i tried to kill jabba as well didnt work out too well :( but he gave me what i wanted

thank you so much

Glad it worked out for you. Now there are a few other options of dialogs with some party members, some of them even with sounds. Try following a diferent path and have fun.:)

artik88
12-21-2004, 04:49 PM
ok, i got the Stormtrooper and clonetrooper mods in my override folder and i'm wondering what to edit inorder to keep those mods and still use the jabba mod.

Xavier2
12-21-2004, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by artik88
ok, i got the Stormtrooper and clonetrooper mods in my override folder and i'm wondering what to edit inorder to keep those mods and still use the jabba mod.
Here you can find an appearance.2da and heads.2da that already makes the stormtroopers and clonetroopers compatible:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/

Now to make the above compatible with Enter Jabba's Palace all In you will need is to add some rows as follows:

storm/clone troopers app.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 509 to 519 of Enter Jabba's Palace app.2da

In storm/clone troopers heads.2da:

add the entrys (in all cells) of rows # 107 #108 to 119 of Enter Jabba's Palace heads.2da

If you would like more info on 2da type editing please refer to the guide for the newbie stickie.

Hope it helps.;)

EDIT: Also refer to the Clone Trooper thread. There you will find a complete explanation of the process by Chainz.

EDIT2: The correct row number in heads.2da is #108 as you can see above.

artik88
12-21-2004, 05:41 PM
errr umm thanks but ouch, you must be one heck of a patient guy to do all those feilds. i looked at them and jeez, its to bad u cant copy the row and 'paste' it into the new 2da file.

:eek: :confused:

artik88
12-21-2004, 06:43 PM
i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod

Archonon
12-21-2004, 09:21 PM
Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest. I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files? Or since I'm only using the wearable clone armors will it work without the editing?

I'm guessing even the wearable armors change the 2da files which means I'd have to edit it anyways in order for both to be compatible but since I'm not 100% sure I wanted confirmation.

Thanks a lot for all the help and great job on Jabba's Palace, I look forward to seeing this and the Ord Mantell planet if I can use them.

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Archonon
Hey Xavier.

First off beautiful mod, it's outstanding. I was wondering something related to the clonetrooper mod, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer will be but just in case I thought I'd ask. I know the clonetrooper mod changes the Appearance.2da and heads.2da files which must be reedited in other to work with this side quest.
You are too kind. Thanks.

I'm only using the personal clonetrooper suit, not the Republic soldier replacements so do I still need to edit these files?
No need to edit appearence.2da or heads.2da in this case.

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 12:26 AM
i finished with the Appearence.2da file but the heads.2da is odd, the numbering doesnt match, ex. i already have #107 etc filled in by the Clone/Storm mod
My mistake. the row#107 in heads.2da is the actual stormtrooper head. I am correcting the post.

ChAiNz.2da
12-22-2004, 01:49 AM
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

Download Merged [MECK] Storm-Clone Trooper and Jabba's Palace .2da Files (17.3kb) (http://www.jumpstationz.com/games/mods/download/Merged-MECK_Storm_Clone_Jabba-2da.zip)

These .2da's are based off of the merged files I did for the Trooper Mods, so if you're using it, just overwrite it with this one. :D READ THE README (http://www.jumpstationz.com/kotor screens/readme-StormCloneJabba2da.txt) - any other mod using these .2da's will have to be edited further...

referral thread:
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=141110

And like last time, any and all members of the [MECK] Project Team and/or Holowan Laboratories (with permission from [MECK]) has my permission to post/host/modify this file on their site(s) and/or use in their future Mods. ONLY the 2 mentioned parties have this permission.

I don't know if you have a site yet Xavier2, so I'll host it on my server till you get one setup or another of your [MECK] Teammates wants to host it. OR, feel free to post it at pcgamemods (I won't). It would be better for it to be listed under your username so pplz can find it easier (just mention my little name in your readme if you do, please)... ONLY Xavier2 has this permission... (same goes for you Prime for the Trooper merged files) :)

The link to the file will ONLY be posted here until (if) it finds a home on a [MECK] member site (or THEY post it). And of course, I will remove this file at any of [MECK] Team's request...

-----------------------------------
I created this before I read about the heads.2da Row #107 entry, so it IS in the merged heads.2da. HOWEVER, I changed normalhead values in the appearance.2da to point to the proper lines.

There shouldn't be any problems keeping the line in there (of the merged files)...but removing it will cause you to have to re-enter values in this appearance.2da ...Best to leave it alone for now ;)

Because this appearance.2da and Xavier2's original Rows (for Jabba Palace) are identical, no modyfing of .uti files (Subtype Values) are necesssary.

-----------------------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
Hey Xavier2 and everyone else.

I figured this would come up so to try to beat 'most' of the on-rush of .2da merging, I've already done it.

------------------------ removed to save space ------------------
I STILL implore everyone to learn the .2da editing process (check out the referral thread posted above). I'm not always going to do this (especially if I'm busy working on my own mods) but I have a deep respect for the [MECK] Team and their Mods. Plus, I enjoy doing what little I can, when I can, to help out everyone here at Holowan. I'm sure everyone else here does as well :thumbsup:
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.

MysticTeal96
12-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies :bdroid2:
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!

Mono_Giganto
12-22-2004, 08:42 AM
Perhaps you should check Xavier's work in progress.

Darkkender
12-22-2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by MysticTeal96
Impressive, Most Impressive! *nuff said*

Are there any plans to add some droids from the movies :bdroid2:
say the SuperBattle droid from Ep2 or the interrigator droid from Ep4. Just a few suggestions!

Droids Rule!

Are we talking about the droids from Xavier2's WIP thread?

MysticTeal96
12-22-2004, 10:12 AM
I just went through Xavier2's Wip, and he definately has the right Idea, although on the Sith droid model I think it would look better as a Super Battle Droid ;)
And that covers the droid for the Clonewars fans but what about for use with the stormtroopers mod? No C3PO fans out there?

Anyway big droid fan, and just started working on a mod myself.
Thanks for the inspiration!

Darkkender
12-22-2004, 10:17 AM
Lets discuss this at the WIP thread.

artik88
12-22-2004, 01:17 PM
i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

:( :confused:

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 02:45 PM
i need help, i got the mod to work, found the pilts, talked to the pigs that ambush me, talked the pig pilot to set the auto pilot and now nothing happens when i try to use the speeder.

:( :confused:
The dialog with the Gamorrean pilot is supposed to load an area, jabba_entrance, a few seconds after he starts running away. If the area is not loading check if the 'Modules' folder of your SwKotor directory have a file called jabba_entrance.mod.

viscen
12-22-2004, 03:35 PM
lol i just went to the part where u find out ur raven and when u take ur mask off u take the boba fett helmit off lol

and i think i have found a bug with the shadow the knife on boba's leg the shadow is really long is this a known bug and im just wasting my time or is this new?

Mono_Giganto
12-22-2004, 03:52 PM
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.

Shrub91
12-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91
Chainz you're saying that people should learn how to edit .2da files well I can't because i have a Mac if someone could make a Mac version of Fred Tetra's KOTOR tool that would be kool

BTW: How do you get out of Jabba's palace? I think that's a bug too?
Without knowing in which point you supposedly got stuck it is impossible to say...Have you tried your way around, talked to everybody, read the journals, etc?

Anyway:
You are supposed to retrieve the novaldex unit from Jabba, then talk to the lieut and decide the fate of the pilots. After you make your decision look for a bith musician near a door and get back to the dune sea.

Shrub91
12-22-2004, 07:46 PM
no, thx for the suggestion...I'll try that! :fett:

Xavier2
12-22-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
I noticed the mask issue too, Xavier you should change the model variation if you ever rerelease this. I didn't realize it during my testing though, only once I tried equipping my equipable Revan's mask, and it gave me the Boba hlemet.
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?

ChAiNz.2da
12-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91

True Shrub91. I have a mac too (and pc for modding). So you're excused ;) :D hehehe

Not sure if you know about the mac thread we have, but if you happen to find any tips or tricks on editing be sure to post it there (and I promise to do the same)....

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140931

@Xavier2
Thanks ChaiNZ. But i am cool if you post it in pcgamemods. Just as Mono_Giganto did with the DL-18 blaster pistol.
True, but Mono was asked and it was a direct affect of the mod so...tell you what, I compromised. I still don't feel comfortable posting something (pcgamemods) that wasn't directly asked of me, so I added a link in the comments section of the Mod pointing to this thread and the download. :)

My server has more than enough space and bandwidth allowances (I've never reached over 7% of my allowed traffic :eek: ) so I have no problems hosting it :)

Prime
12-23-2004, 07:41 AM
As requested, this mod is now mirrored at Warped Productions. (http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/games.html)

90SK
12-23-2004, 09:06 AM
:eek: Wow. AWESOME work with the mod!

viscen
12-23-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Thanks for pointing that Mono. I am working on a 1.1 version to fix this.

Is there any other problem/thing i should fix?

wow ur saying i actually found a bug? wow i feel smart again(j/k)

but anyway i havent found anything else except the shadow of the knife on boba's ankle is a little too long is this a known bug?

sith_master2000
12-29-2004, 03:44 PM
I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ;) ) I can't win :( , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?

Xavier2
12-29-2004, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by sith_master2000
I have found a small problem, (no it's not technical or anything like that) when I am in Jabba's Chamber and he gets his Bounty Hunters too gut my throat with a rusty blunted knife (just an expression ;) ) I can't win :( , I keep dying and only manage to kill one or two sometimes three Bounty Hunters. Now there are two possible reasons for this:

1) This particular bit is too hard
or
2) I suck and deserve to be gutted with a fish knife.

Is there any trick way of killing them?
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.:D

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck:D

Mono_Giganto
12-30-2004, 11:17 AM
Or you can mine up the place and force-push people into the mines and stuff. :)

ObiKast
12-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?:rolleyes:

sith_master2000
12-30-2004, 03:32 PM
I know what you mean, lol. Imagine the hell i went trhough to test the mod.:D

From the Readme:

"You won't need to be overpowered to finish the quest. Level 12 should be enough. Nevertheless a lot of combat tatics will be needed to survive this."

By combat tatics i meant use pause combat, steams and shields frequently. Pay a lot of attention to all your party health level. And choose carefully the position of your party in battle and which enemies will you take down first. If you let powerfull enemies to the end they will likely tear you apart.

"Choose your party wisely. They all have strong assets that could be usefull during combat."

By choose your party wisely i meant combine them well. i.e. One tatic that always work for me is to have Juhani and Canderous. While Canderous is hiding in one of the corners, Juhani uses force jump over and over across the room attacking two enemies. That way she is harder to hit and her blows are more powerfull.

Good luck:D
Well thanks for the tips, I'll have to test these tactics out later today ;) .

Xavier2
12-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by ObiKast
Hey Xavier I lost my finish kotor saved game.
Im doing everything again, can you gimme the command to spawn the boba fett armor and his gun, for the giveitem cheat?:rolleyes:
g_w_blstrrfl099 and g_i_mask99.:)

ObiKast
12-31-2004, 05:55 AM
TY man.:cool:

Darkkender
01-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files

Xavier2
01-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Darkkender
Hey Xavier2 Are you aware that the Boba helmet Has a conflict with the model files and image file with the stormtrooper helmet. Both use the
i_mask_099.mdl,
i_mask_099.mdx,
& ii_mask_099.tga files
Thanks for pointing that out Darkkender.

That is too bad. I think both were made before we started to pay attention to compatibility issues.

Besides, Boba models were finished long before finishing the side quest part of the mod.

When i released the pack i had been working with areas, dialogs, scripts and such and just didn't noticed any incompatibilities with appearance files...

Could someone help Hex editing Boba Helmet to anything bellow i_mask_090, so we could make sort of another patch? I am so busy working on something else...;)

Darkkender
01-02-2005, 09:44 AM
I can do that for you Xavier2 I'll take a crack at it tonight.

Mav
01-02-2005, 05:18 PM
I love it when I go on vacation and come back with so many new mods, awesome job

Darkkender
01-03-2005, 07:32 AM
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.

Xavier2
01-03-2005, 09:15 AM
Hey X2 do you want me to go ahead and post the patch on pcgamemods or email it to you first. I chose to rename it model type 80.
Whatever you're happy with Darkkender. If you don't mind releasing it i would also ask you to add the compatible appearance.2da ChaiNZ kindly edited for us.

Just name it patch v1.1 , so ppl can keep track of it and it would be fine.

Thanks for the help you're da 'man'

Mono_Giganto
01-03-2005, 09:52 AM

I think that conflicts with the Clonetroopers and one of svosh's mods as well.

Darkkender
01-03-2005, 10:04 AM
I'll double check that with the clonetroopers. By the way do you want me to include the updated DL-18 with the patched version Mono?

*edit*

You were right Mono about the helmet I changed it to 86 which does not conflict with any of the mods in my various modding directories. Also I have gone ahead and included the updated DL-18 as Xavier2 had promised it in the v1.1 patch wich I am releasing to pcgamemods shortly.

Darkkender
01-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Okay The Revisions have been done and version 1.1 is up at pcgamemods.com. The revisions include Xavier2's original update patch, Mono Giganto's DL-18 update skin, Chainz.2da's merged 2da files for all of the MECK projects, and The Boba Fett Helmet model now does not conflict with any of the other Mask or Helmet Models in the MECK Project or with T7's & svosh's masks to my knowledge.(I could have missed a mod by them)

StoneDragon
01-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Can you post the link?

SpaceAlex
01-03-2005, 03:47 PM

thank you so much

I have the same problem. I can't get the pilots to appear in the docking bay. I'm sure i put the files into the right folders. Everything is there. I just can't see the damn pilots.
How did you do to fix the problem viscen?

Darkkender
01-03-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by StoneDragon
Can you post the link?

Well you can't miss it when you visit pcgamemods.com and go to the KOTOR section it's at the top but here you go.http://www.pcgamemods.com/9468/

SpaceAlex I might ask do you have KOTOR Mod Manager?

If you do download the revised version from the link in this post and load jabba's palace with KMM.

Now another question would also be is this a new game that this is installed in or one that you already were playing and added the mod after going to different points in the game?

Many of the New Area Mods have glitches when loaded into already active games or saved games. While this is not the Rule it is sometimes best to have New Areas Loaded with new games alltogether.

Also Xavier2 had suggested to viscen to look at this picture for a clue.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/Xavier2x/EnterJabbasPalace9.jpg

If there not there make certain everything is in the proper folder.

SpaceAlex
01-03-2005, 08:00 PM
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.

Xavier2
01-03-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by SpaceAlex
Looking at KMM, it looks like everything is in order, but i still can't see the pilots.
I tried to enter Tatooine from many different planets, i even used warp cheat on the Endar Spire level, but no luck. I even deleted all my addons in the override folder, hoping that would fix the problem.

I wonder what i'm doing wrong. I bet it's just some stupid mistake i made.
hmmm. Weird. As Darkkender stated you need to be in Tatooine for the first time to see them...

The only other thing i can think of is appearance.2da. The pilots appearance are new lines in that file, so if you are not using the one provided in the pack they won't appear.

You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.

ChAiNz.2da
01-04-2005, 03:43 AM
You would also check if k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs and enter_dock.ncs are in your Override. These are the scripts responsable for the X-Wing spawn.

SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

SpaceAlex
01-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by ChAiNz.2da
SpaceAlex, do (or did) you have T7's 6-pack lightsaber mod installed? It uses the same Tatooine trigger script (k_ptat17ab_enter.ncs), and if you overwrote Xavier2's script with T7's...the x-wing pilots won't spawn...

I had to make T7's darkside sabers appear elsewhere in the game (not to fond of using cheats unless to test)...

Also, if you're using RedHawke's Jawa Shop mod, I used Xavier2's "global.jrl" file (the newer one) and have had no problems with a possible 'conflict'....

Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:

Xavier2
01-04-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes, i do have t7's lightsaber installed, but i changed the scripts as soon as i dled the pack. I made those Dak Jedi spawn on Kashyyyk.

And, like i've stated in my previous post, i deleted all my addons from the override folder and installed the jabba mod, but the pilots were still nowhere to be seen. :rolleyes:
Take a look in the appearance.2da then. The X-Wing pilots are rows 514, 515 and 516.

Another remote possibily is the utc files for X-Wing pilots NPC, but, since you seem to know your way on modding i take you are sure those are in your Override, right?

Other than that i really don't know what it could be...

SpaceAlex
01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D

Xavier2
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I don't know why that script doesn't work for me, but i fixed the problem now by making my own script.
I had to make those pilots spawn in the city instead of the docking bay. They appear there just fine.

Whatever the problem was, it's a completle mystery to me. :D
That is really spooky! I really don't know what may have been the problem...Maybe Darth333 and tk102 could figure this out...This is really out of my league.

At least you got it working. Could you send your custom made script to my e-mail? Up till now you seem to be the only one with this problem but it would be nice to have an alternative in case someone else has the same trouble..:)

KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 01:10 AM
small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!

Darkkender
01-06-2005, 04:52 AM
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
small problem when i enter jabbas palace none of the newmodels work and i have spent 4 hrs going over all the apearance 2da's and no nada every thing is perfect and merged into one bot like boba fet walks around in soldiers clothes and a clone trooper helm i dont get it!!!

Is this with the new updated version that I posted the other day or with the original version? If it is with the updated I'll go over it with a fine tooth coomb because that was part of the reason for the update. previously Boba's helmet was conflicting with the stormtrooper helmet and I had renamed and edited the model to a unused model name to correct this. Boba's appearance is a disguise effect generated by his helmet and if his helmet is not right then he will look like a soldier.

KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 03:42 PM
i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?

Xavier2
01-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by KaoruSoulreaper
i just downloaded your patch and am reinstalling all of the mods ill post back to see what happens and isnt it conflicting with the clone trooper since boba walks around in a clone trooper helmet?
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D

KaoruSoulreaper
01-06-2005, 09:41 PM
I tinkered around with it and......It works i patched it consulted all the apperance 2das and after 4+ hours it works and is compatible with every mod i got on the games Juhanis st,make (carth,mission,cand) a jedi mod to name a few and i have to say this BLOODY AWSOME MOD!

Darkkender
01-07-2005, 03:50 AM
Hey Darkkender i noticed it just about now. You changed the model to i_mask_086 but the uti is still g_i_mask80, pointing to a 80 model variation. Also the pack still has a i_mask_080.mdl/mdx in it.:D

I was just going to post a stop downloading notice because after KaoruSoulreaper had his problem and I got home and checked the copy that got uploaded I discovered it had been the first one I had archived which had been missing a few of the files. Instead of it overwriting the archive when I had repacked it, it saved the RAR to a subdirectory.(:compcry: :headbump Sometimes I really hate computers.)

Look for an update to be loaded saturday night or sunday afternoon. I suppose this is a good oppurtunity to ask if you have those updated Republic helmets available to add in and I'll throw it into the corrected upload.

Darkkender
01-07-2005, 09:48 AM
Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.

Xavier2
01-07-2005, 10:03 AM
Ok I've uploaded version 1.11 which has fixed the above mentioned problem and removed the model 80 references and models. Sorry about that minor detail.
Thanks again for all the help. I really apreciate it. That's is why being a part of this community is so addicting.:D

Darkkender
01-07-2005, 10:08 AM
I know. I just happened to be able to access my secondary modding machine which I can upload from.

jackali
01-22-2005, 06:14 AM
When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?

Xavier2
01-22-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by jackali
When I try to talk to the gammorean guard, nothing happens... whats wrong?
You need to engage in the Gamorrean ambush side quest (the one in the speeder junk) and choose a certain dialog option, otherwise you can't move forward. That's where this mod blends with the default game.

jackali
01-22-2005, 10:30 AM
I've already done that sidequest!

Durge
01-22-2005, 10:57 AM
Thats why it mentioned that you have to start a new game in order for this mod to worrk right.

Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 09:03 PM
I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.

ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Sgt. Strike
I've done everything, but do the Jawa shop, for Tatoonie, but this mod has me stumped, after I talk to the speeder pilot. But, I can get to the palace entrance, but they aren't letting me in. Also, the Gamorreans are blue, not red. I can't talk to them, they just look at me. Help, please.
To get in, I believe you have to either have a high persuade... or threaten to beat him senseless if no other option is available... ;)

Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 09:28 PM
Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.

ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 09:49 PM
Should I go back, to a previous saved game, complete the Jawa shop mission, then do the Jabba Palace one? Or just boost my persuade up by editing the game? I can't even talk to the guards right outside the entrance, at the moment. That's what I'm asking.
Ouch.. :(
Is there a twilek there (Bib Fortuna)? He's usually the one that let me into the palace (by persuade or threat).
As far as I remember (it's been awhile since I've played it) the Gamorreans pretty much stand there as 'meat shileds'... I don't think they have a dialogue that's part of entering...

Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 10:21 PM
I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?

ChAiNz.2da
03-05-2005, 10:38 PM
I'll give it another try when I get that far, won't take me too long. Last I checked Bib Fortuna wasn't there. I do have the original from pcgameworld, and also the update, 1.11. Is there another one after that?
no, v1.11 is the latest...but if Bib Fortuna isn't there...that's probably the reason.
I'm pretty sure he's the "Gatekeeper" and the only means to get inside the palace...

Sgt. Strike
03-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I'll do everything before I do that particular mission, on Tatoonie. Maybe that'll help even more.

Xavier2
03-07-2005, 10:52 AM
Hello Guys! Long time no see...I am back to help the friend here. Off topic i know but i don't have a TSL copy yet so i guess i won't be in the community for awhile. Plus, i just discovered SWG and i can't stop playing it!

Now to the side quest. As ChaiNz stated Sgt. Strike, Bib Fortuna is the gate keeper. If he isn't there, likely his model and skin files aren't in your Override folder. Look for BibForH.mdx/mdl and PMBJ97.tga.

Besides his appearance should also be referenced in a file called appearance.2da. Be sure to use, either the one contained in the pack and its patches, or the one in The Insidious Plot side quest.

And about completing any missions in Tatooine, don't worry you don't need to, unless you need to gear and power-up for the challenge. :D :D

Xavier2 out....

jaredhimself31
03-25-2006, 01:35 PM
Is there any way to access the new baggy jedi robe model without messing up the begining of the game on the Endar Spire? that model whomever made it I must give major props to

deathdisco
03-25-2006, 05:34 PM
IIRC, all you have to do is extract these files to your "override" directory:

pmbil.mdl
pmbil.mdx
pmbim.mdl
pmbim.mdx
pmbis.mdl
pmbis.mdx
pmbi01.tga
pmbi02.tga
pmbi03.tga
pmbi04.tga

That will replace all the standard(brown, red, black, and blue) robes in the game.

EDIT: You are talking about "The Insidious Plot"(new Jedi robe models come with this mod) not the "Enter Jabba's Palace" mod right?

NickBEC
06-02-2006, 02:33 PM
I seem to have a weird problem with the pc model when using this mod. I am trying to combine the Meet Athena mod for KOTOR 1 with this mod. However for some reason the PC seems to be replaced with a male model with a Boba Fett suit. While I can wear equpiment like Jedi robes and get the stats of them, my model is still only showing the Boba Fett model. The wierdest thing is, the character still sounds female and still has the portrait of the Athena model.

In case this somehow helps, in order to avoid conflict with the 2da files that both the Meet Athena and Jabba's Pallace had I inserted all the files for Jabba's Palalce first, then used the installer that came with Meet Athena to put the files from the Meet Athena mod. I believe the installer also inserts new lines into pre-existing 2da files to avoid conflict.

Darkkender
06-05-2006, 05:57 PM
The installer is supposed to insert new lines that is correct. However did you install the patch for this mod as there had been some appearance mismatch issues in the original release that the patch resolved. It could also be caused by Item conflicts of items having the same name so you may want to double check that only the 2da files have the same name.

RC-1162
07-11-2006, 05:16 AM
hey all, i just DLed this Mod and i'm not sure what to say, because i can't get into the palace. i spoke to the X-Wing pilots and even located the gammorean pilot in the dune seas, but when i try to talk with him, the screen just jumps and no dialog is initiated. can anyone help?

Darkkender
07-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure RC it might be that you don't have the dialog file that it's looking for in the overide. It could also be that another mod overwrote it. You do have the latest version 1.11 I believe installed. This is the one that I uploaded at pcgamemods that is a couple of MB.

RC-1162
07-11-2006, 01:15 PM
oh, i didnt DL the patch. Thanks, DK. i'll try it now. one more thing: does the activation of this thing have anything to do with the gammorean ambush?

Darkkender
07-11-2006, 01:39 PM
It's been so long since I played through the mod or troubleshooted it that off the top of my head I'm unsure. I'll take a look this evening to help fill in some gaps for you.

ThunderVicar
08-16-2006, 03:18 AM
Hey, I just bought KOTOR1 on PC and can't get this mod to work (pcgamemods is down, eh?)

So i was wondering if there was any links to it other than pcgamemods.com?

Thanks!

RedHawke
08-16-2006, 03:29 AM
Hello ThunderVicar...

You are in luck as the direct link to this mod was posted in our Mod Requests forum in the stuck PCGM link request thread. ;)

I'm going to add the link to the first post in this thread as well as here.

http://pcgamemods.com/core/9226/MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace.rar

Thanks for asking this in the mod release thread, many people just ignore these. :)

Welcome to the forums! :waive1:

akuma7802
08-16-2006, 03:37 AM
i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.

Darkkender
08-16-2006, 04:23 PM
i asked the question to Chainz by private message but i was wondering if it is possible to make the appearance.2da from Jabbapalace and the appearance.2da from holowan-plug-in compatible with each other. when i try the appearance of boba fetts armour and serveral other appearances of charaters r totally messed up. if there is a way i would thank u.

If I can get my computer from crashing every 5 minutes this evening I can probably get it done for you since 2da compatibility was my primary function and participation with this mod.

akuma7802
08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
wow great thanks darkkender i would grateful see i also got yavin and some other that i am using all together to make a very large mod and share it i also made it possible for the NPC (Carth , bastilla. etc.) to have light to darksides aligment. i will post screenshots just to see if they r ok note that i am still not that good at them but still trying so bear with me.

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Akuma7802/screenshots3.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f240/Akuma7802/Screenshots4.jpg
tell me what u think

Darkkender
08-17-2006, 12:03 PM
You mean by share with your friends and not a public release without the other modders permission right?

Dirtnose
08-17-2006, 04:24 PM
wow great mod! just made a new Kotor I game so will have to do taris tonight :headbump then i can go to tat and own boba! :D

akuma7802
08-17-2006, 04:47 PM
i am not going to public release anything that i did not ask permission for. the faces of the NPC i might release for i did the reskining on my on, but everthing else if u guys what a release of it then, oh yeah i am going to ask each one of the moddlers.

Xavier2
11-04-2006, 11:05 PM
Hello guys

Long time no see. I have been away for a year long dealing with RL and playing SWG and EQ2 (as well as TSL). The computer where i had all my modded files has fried and i havent been able to help people that e-mail me asking for a solution for the Gamorrean pilot part of the quest.

In the erlier threads a few have reported being unable to talk to the gamorrean pilot to load the Jabba Entrance area. I would ask anyone kind enough to work on that particular dialog file and the loading area script that is attached to that dialog and see if yu can find a way to fix the problems.

So far 2 problems have been reported:

1. After talking to the Gamorean Pilot he runs but nothing else happens.

Possible solution - From what i can remember the dialog has a timer of few seconds that allows the Gamorrean pilot to run and disappear before the loading script triggers. On some systems these few seconds may not be enough and the dialog stops before the script triggers, thus preventing the new area to load and even the Gamorrean pilot to despawn.

2. After completing the original KOTOR Gamorrean side quest, the Gamorrean pilot (added by the Jabba Palace mod) spawns as planned but he is not able to engage in dialog.

Possible solution - Perhaps its a confusion in the .utc file for the Gamorrean pilot. While i was testing the mod i noticed the Gamorreans files could be tricky. That problem never happened to me during test though. The original intention was to place the loading script to Jabba entrance in the Speeder next to the Gamorrean pilot but i never got to make it trigger properly. The workaround was to add the loading script in the Gamorrean pilot dialog which turned out to be a nice comic relief (if you were able to talk to him in he first place, that is!)

LordHoban
01-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I just beat the game fully modded for the first time (previously I'd beaten it unmodded), and initially I couldn't get the Jabba's Palace mod to work, but thanks to the info on this thread I was able to try it out.

Boba Fett, wow... That alone makes this mod great.

Darth Payne
11-28-2007, 09:29 PM
I just installed this mod called MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace. It works fine until i get to the Gamorrean speeder, then i get nothing.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I try talking to the Gamorrean standing there but nothing happens.

Hmmm, i do have two party member with me. Maybe that is what i'm doing wrong.

Edit: I just tried without any party members. Entered the duneseas on tatooine where this takes place if you didn't know this allready. I found close to a hundred Hulak Wraids spred over three heards. took 5-10 minutes to chop trough them. The thing with the Gamorrean still doesn't work. I will owe a big favor to whomever helps me with this. So far the thing looks great.

Edit: Just tried to re-install the mod. Still nothing. I get as far as the Gamorrean Pilot, then i get nothing.

PS: I also downloaded the TSLPatcher, but when i try to use it i get the message that i'm missing the Info.rtf file. Help.

I have had to delete a couple posts now because this thread has been posted in twice asking for new links to the mod because the PCGM link is down, please stop. Read our PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) for why this is so. -RH

Robespierre
02-04-2008, 06:47 AM
Apologies for reviving the old thread, but an active link for this:

http://warpedproductions.echonetwork.net/jabba.html

Enjoy :D.

murdrax
02-09-2008, 09:26 PM
hey loony do you by any chance also have a working link to the jabba palace patch??

Master Shake
02-09-2008, 11:07 PM
Same thing always happened to me, I would get to the Gamorean pilot and I couldnt talk to him....

murdrax
02-09-2008, 11:10 PM
thats because theres a bug in dialog theres a patch file thats need to fix that gamerreon problem catch is just like this main mod patch file was also on pcgamemods!!

Darth Payne
02-09-2008, 11:24 PM
maybe someone has it and can distribute it via PM or email.

i hope so at least as i really liked what i could play of the mod.

Darkkender
02-10-2008, 02:00 AM
I'll go ahead and try to re archive the mod with all of it's updates and submit it to Kotorfiles as I had put together alot of the patches and fixes for the latest version.

I'm in the process of TSLpatching some of my other mods So I will try to see if I can't fix the bug with the gamorrean pilot and update this mod to the patcher as well.

RedHawke
02-10-2008, 02:46 AM
hey loony do you by any chance also have a working link to the jabba palace patch??
The link works fine... as I just used it to test it out.

Darth Payne
02-10-2008, 08:13 AM
eh? I couldn't find a link to the patch.

Where exactly is this?

murdrax
02-10-2008, 10:36 AM
yeah cant find it either anyways will be handy to have another mod on kotorfiles anyways!

The Padawannabe
03-23-2008, 07:41 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry, what's the original quest that they talk about?

loki-cat
09-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I just installed this mod called MECKProject-EnterJabbaspalace. It works fine until i get to the Gamorrean speeder, then i get nothing.

Does anyone know what i am doing wrong? I try talking to the Gamorrean standing there but nothing happens.

Hmmm, i do have two party member with me. Maybe that is what i'm doing wrong.

Edit: I just tried without any party members. Entered the duneseas on tatooine where this takes place if you didn't know this allready. I found close to a hundred Hulak Wraids spred over three heards. took 5-10 minutes to chop trough them. The thing with the Gamorrean still doesn't work. I will owe a big favor to whomever helps me with this. So far the thing looks great.

Edit: Just tried to re-install the mod. Still nothing. I get as far as the Gamorrean Pilot, then i get nothing.

PS: I also downloaded the TSLPatcher, but when i try to use it i get the message that i'm missing the Info.rtf file. Help.

I have had to delete a couple posts now because this thread has been posted in twice asking for new links to the mod because the PCGM link is down, please stop. Read our PCGM FAQ (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=179623) for why this is so. -RH

I just found out today what you need to do. Before you kill off the group of gamorreans you need to finish all quests on Tatooine. Once your quests are done, not including the tach gland for Griff, you need to ask about the Lt. or republic officer with the gamorrean group. This conversation will lead you to talk to the gamorrean at the speader. Next thing you know you are at Jabba's Palace (looks like Taris undercity from the outside).

Darth Payne
09-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Thanks loki, i'll give that a try as soon as i can.

Now, if i got your post right i should do all the default quests first and then talk to the two guys in docking bay?

Chevron 7 locke
09-03-2008, 11:19 PM
It worked for me

ThatEvilDude
12-05-2008, 11:32 PM
what?!?!? NO LEIA SLAVE OUTFIT???? =) don't worry about it... great mod
will be downloading it.

alodude
06-11-2009, 02:22 PM
These issues have been discussed, I've looked, downloaded appropriate patches, and even "warped" to jabbas palace, so I'd say I've done all I can to warrant a new thread, short of bothering the developers, which I don't want to do.

The problems:
-In Jabba's palace MOD I totally missed the conversation with the Gammoreans at the speeder wreckage site. Now I can't converse with the speeder guy to get to Jabba's palace. When I cheat and warp there no on will talk to me. No idea how to fix this. I tried editing some of the variables with KTOOL, but to no avail. I did, successfully, delete the failed completed quest, which states that I dealt with the Gammorean's already, and obtained the quest a "2nd" time from the xwing pilots, as though it were the first time (however the Gammoreans don't spawn again at the wreckage site. It'd be brilliant if I knew how to program them to show up again, using the save data)

-Jawa's shop. I used the patch (I have the BoS MOD installed by the way) but I don't see a shop. The directions say to install the shop first then the BOS, but it's too late now. Way before I knew there was a patch for the shop MOD I installed BOS first.

Thanks for the help. Sorry for the redundancy...I know this has been discussed.

cheers

Merged post into Jabba's Palace Mod thread, please do not create threads like this in T.U.C.E. only modders can post Mod release threads there, any and all bug reports need to be asked in the mods release threads. Thanks. -RH

Qui-Gon Glenn
06-12-2009, 07:27 PM
-Jawa's shop. I used the patch (I have the BoS MOD installed by the way) but I don't see a shop. The directions say to install the shop first then the BOS, but it's too late now. Way before I knew there was a patch for the shop MOD I installed BOS first.

RE: Jawa shop.... what is not happening? The shop will not spawn, or you cannot talk to the Jawa, or do you not know where to look? And which BoS do you have installed??

If you have installed both mods, and install the Jawa shop after installing BoS, you will destroy your global.jrl. To fix this, you will need to either merge manually your jrl's with jrl merger, or simply copy and paste the global.jrl from the BoS tslpatchdata folder into your override, then install my BoS/RHJS fix. The patcher will take care of compatibility.

If you are trying to work with my patch and BoS:SR, it has not been tested for this and may not work.... I have not looked at s9's source yet, as I am still playing the mod :)

MadameCaptain
05-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Ahem is this avaible anymore 'cuz I can't find it at PC mods...

SITH LORD 872
05-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Does anyone know how i can download this mod, I went to the link, but i can't find the mod, I haven't used that site before, so I'm not quite sure what to do?