PDA

View Full Version : Disruptor Scope

Mana Dragon
12-21-2004, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know how to edit the Disruptor Scope? I know it is located in gfx/2d area, but making my own disruptor scope causes errors. Suggestions?

razorace
12-22-2004, 08:14 AM
What sort of errors are we talking here?

Mana Dragon
12-22-2004, 11:08 AM
I used Paintshop Pro to make my own Scope. I put it in tga format because I believe that's what JO recognizes. The error says it cannot recognize gfx/2d/cropcricle.tga ( modified ).

I guess I'm asking if there's a specific way to create a 2d Scope for JO?

razorace
12-22-2004, 02:29 PM
the .tga is probably not in the proper format. I recommend you just make it easy and make it a .png instead (better compression)

Mana Dragon
12-22-2004, 08:47 PM
When you put it in png format, the Scope no longer becomes a scope. Where you could normally see enemies jumping around, you now see a picture of the Targetting Scope. If you use the scope, and move your mouse, you can't even get a glimpse of the outside environment.

It's difficult to explain, but it's like Luke Skywalker trying to use the force with the blast sheild down on the helmet. ( Episode IV, the scene on board the Falcon in Light Speed where Obi-Wan suggests trusting your feelings facing the remote droid )

However, I could load JO with that picture format, I will try a few other formats.

razorace
12-22-2004, 09:35 PM
You probably don't have an alpha channel on your scope picture. As such, there's no transparent parts for the scope and you can't see anything.

Mana Dragon
12-23-2004, 10:34 AM
uhhhhhhh How would I do that? Adding an alpha channel?

razorace
12-23-2004, 11:31 AM
The shader is already set up to handle the transparency stuff, all you have to do is add an alpha channel. I suggest you google up a tutorial on alpha channels for your particular editor.

Mana Dragon
12-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Wow. You really are the Jedi Guardian of Newbie Questions :D

Thanks alot, I now have a classy scope =)

razorace
12-24-2004, 03:09 PM
You're welcome. :)