View Full Version : A lil help on training Bao-Durr*possable spoilers*
01-02-2005, 03:03 AM
I have heard around that it is possable to make Bao-Durr a jedi before you leave Nar Shadda (which I aim for as my first planet)
I know it requires a lot of influence but
I was wondering if any1 could name off the times you can gain influence with Bao from when you first get him to when you finish Nar Shadda if its your first planet that you visit. I sadly olny know of about 2-3. I know its all about the encounters and bonus missions on Nar Shadda
any help would be appreciated:D
01-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Bao-Dur normally reacts to "good deeds". In general, be nice with him and compliment him when you have the opportunity to do so.
The actions you have to perform to gain his confidence all bring you LS points but you can regain DS points after this if you are playing DS.
1. The citizen that is being beaten up by 2 thugs near the docks quarter entrance. Tell the thugs you wont let them hurt him and let go the citizen.
2. The airspeeder in the refugee quarters: let Bao Dur repair it and compliment him
3. Heal the sick man in the Refugee quarter
4. Dantoine: Bring him in the crystal caves when you discover the athmospheric sensors and let him examine them and compliment him
5. Dantoine - not sure about this one, I tried only with other NPCs but it should work with Bao-Dur too:Tell the Sullustan merchant that you wont turn him in
6. Dxun: Help the MAndalorian stuck on the cliff
7. Onderon: give an open visa to the republic spy in the Cantina
There are certainly more options but those are the ones I remember.
Hope this helps
01-14-2005, 02:42 AM
ah thx darth and the hydrospinner one on dantooine does work
thats what the Akkere one is
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Bao-Dur is fundamentally a light sider, so it is necessary to have him in the party and helping people to get influence.
You can get influence also on Nar Shaddaa asking him to check the speeder after you repaired it, and in Dantooine Cave when you find the vaporator, or whatever device is (is the one with the spying device, used to discover mercs plan to take over the planet), ask Bao-Dur to examine it.
And also is important to be kind in dialogues, as when you talk with him on Telos (in Atris' Academy). Every time you got influence, speak with him. When you reached the required influence amount, you'll be able to train him (he becomes a Jedi Guardian).
After he turns into a Guardian does he follow your path?
03-17-2005, 05:56 AM
In my last game, even a DS Bao-Dur did not follow me at all. I generally got an influence loss when I killed innocent people. Probably, I did not obtain a really high influence, but actually I can't say a definitive answer. Even, there is a not elegant but effective solution: change npc with an evil one when you'll do something that a good character would not approve, after, replace this one with the precedent.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.