PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts


Mongo05
01-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I'm going to start making Hogwarts because I do not think Eldritch will finish his. Anyone can help me if they would like as in reference pictures etc.

GothiX
01-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Somehow, I doubt your version will live up to Eldritch's. Maybe that's because he is infinitely better than you? Hm, who knows.

Mongo05
01-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Hmm, you are very positive and encouraging, thanks man.

GothiX
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
You're welcome.

Eldritch
01-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Mongo05
I'm going to start making Hogwarts because Eldritch told me he wasn't going to finish his. Anyone can help me if they would like as in reference pictures etc.
I said I'm not likely to finish it, not that I never would.

Besides, it was totally unnecessary to put that information up. What are you trying to be, my press agent or something?

Mongo05
01-03-2005, 12:54 PM
Ah, I didn't mean it like that, I guess I just got that impression. Well I guess I am still going to make it.

Eldritch
01-03-2005, 12:55 PM
That's fine, go ahead and make it, but please take out the comment about me not finishing it. If I decide that I'm never going to finish it than I'll handle it myself.

Zappa_0
01-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Why dont you two just shut up if you cant say anything good? I think Mongo can do a pretty good hogwarts, you arent the only person thats able to do that Eldritch so dont go around acting so cocky, because you think your crap smells good. Mongo doesnt have to take out anything from his post, its just his view of things.

Eldritch
01-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Your hostility is not necessary, Zappa. I know you have this skewed picture of me as some kind of cocky glory hog, but I apparently can't do anything to show you that it's not true.

All I will ask is that you not insult me or anyone else on this board anytime they have an opinion that conflicts with your own.

Mongo, you don't have to take anything out, but I would appreciate it if you did.

Mongo05
01-03-2005, 01:17 PM
What exactly do you want me to take out? I just don't like the way gothix comes across.. The way he talks to people is very disrespectful.

Zappa_0
01-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Hahahha your such a loser, its really funny too. I wasnt being hostile, I was speaking the truth. And I shall speak freely and even show how much I hate conceaded people who think they are better then anyone else. And theres a bunch of people that thinks the samething I do.

Eldritch
01-03-2005, 01:18 PM
I'm sorry Mongo - I hadn't realized you edited your original post. You're fine - don't take anything out.

Good luck with the map!

*reports Zappa*

Zappa_0
01-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Go ahead, report me, I have done nothing wrong here. Anyway hope you can get the map going.

GothiX
01-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
I wasnt being hostile

Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hahahha your such a loser

:confused:

Can you say 'irony'?

Jed
01-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Everyone settle down. Especially Zappa.

New moderators will be assigned to this area, since it's obvious the current ones are absolutely nowhere to be seen.

Until then, I will be watching over you people.

Thrawn42689
01-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Jed

Until then, I will be watching over you people.

Eep! :eek:

Zappa_0
01-03-2005, 05:06 PM
I am calm, cool and collective. But certain people here are very desrespective. Anyways back on topic. I was talking to Mongo earlier and he told me he has some of it already mapped. So I guess we will be seeing pics soon. I cant wait!

Pahricida
01-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Why dont you two just shut up if you cant say anything good? I think Mongo can do a pretty good hogwarts, you arent the only person thats able to do that Eldritch so dont go around acting so cocky, because you think your crap smells good. Mongo doesnt have to take out anything from his post, its just his view of things.

wrong ...

Eldrith just doesn't need other people making announcements about his work.. like hrm what does that remind me of?

:rolleyes:

@Mongo05

please post some screens so we can actually rate the map telling from actual content and not just speculate.

Mongo05
01-03-2005, 05:35 PM
ahh ok, just call me mongo ;). I actually just started mapping the great hall today. I have some in game pics but i am not ready to show them yet until I am satisfied with it ;)

Thrawn42689
01-03-2005, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
I am calm, cool and collective. But certain people here are very desrespective.

:whacked:

LightNinja
01-04-2005, 03:35 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Hahahha your such a loser, its really funny too. I wasnt being hostile, I was speaking the truth.
so zappa is starting again, weee

Zappa_0
01-04-2005, 03:40 AM
Lightninja dont start, also why I have your attention here Lightninja your PM box is full. I tried to contact you about the pods and stuff, I need you to send them again if you still have them. Also cant wait to see those pics mongo. :D

LightNinja
01-04-2005, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Zappa_0
Lightninja dont start, also why I have your attention here Lightninja your PM box is full. I tried to contact you about the pods and stuff, I need you to send them again if you still have them. Also cant wait to see those pics mongo. :D
no i dotn have them all, hatrus must have them, why dont you contact him? do that first, and my pm is not full anymore

Mongo05
01-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Ahh, I am having a little trouble with the great hall. :mad:

Nokill
01-04-2005, 09:39 AM
what for problems can we help you? ;)

Zappa_0
01-04-2005, 11:39 AM
Yea what problems?

Mongo05
01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
It just doesn't look like the great hall.. :(
http://img102.exs.cx/img102/2644/shot00120ib.th.jpg (http://img102.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img102&image=shot00120ib.jpg)

KMan
01-04-2005, 02:37 PM
needs better lighting, and structural detail. glad to see a shot though. something besides whatever was going on before. :P

Mongo05
01-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Yeah you're right. I hate the lighting, I messed with it a few times to try like a orange sort of lighting and adding flames.. Idk, maybe i could add like a moonlight coming in through the sides of one set of the windows... The architecture is poor i know, but I just need some good pictures of the hall so I can base it off of.

Edit: Hah, Dammit, i just realized this looks nothing like the great hall after looking at some screenshots, guess i will have to remap it and spend some time making some textures. :o

Nokill
01-05-2005, 02:19 AM
there you go http://www.kings.cam.ac.uk/conferences/images/greathall1.jpg
or do you whant to have a more dark one?

Lil Killa
01-05-2005, 02:08 PM
This is hogwarts... not some random castle Nokill :)

Mongo05
01-05-2005, 02:09 PM
I think that is the one from the movie though, I'm not really sure.

Lil Killa
01-05-2005, 02:10 PM
The great hall in the movie has a ceiling that reflects the sky outside.

Mongo05
01-05-2005, 04:30 PM
yeah i know, but I was thinking it was just where they filmed it without the special effects.

Oidar
01-06-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
The great hall in the movie has a ceiling that reflects the sky outside.

Right...Not to say your wrong on this but...

YOUR WRONG

Here an exact quote from the book
"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"

Harry looked upwards and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the
sky outside, I read it in Hogwarts, a History."

So, its not a refelction.

Lil Killa
01-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Oidar
Right...Not to say your wrong on this but...

YOUR WRONG

Here an exact quote from the book
"Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone"

Harry looked upwards and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. He heard Hermione whisper, "It's bewitched to look like the
sky outside, I read it in Hogwarts, a History."

So, its not a refelction.


That quote is exactly what I said but in different words Mr. smart-pants ;)

Mongo05
01-07-2005, 12:41 PM
what he said ^ :)

wedge2211
01-07-2005, 05:02 PM
dictionary.com: reflect (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=reflect)

To give back or show an image of (an object); mirror.
To make apparent; express or manifest

Admittedly maybe not the best word to use, but still correct.

Oidar
01-08-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Lil Killa
That quote is exactly what I said but in different words Mr. smart-pants ;)

Alright, I'll give you credit, same meaning different words.

Mongo05
01-08-2005, 03:59 PM
I don't think I am going to be doing Hogwarts after all. I was looking at Eldritch's beta maps and realized that I can't make textures and shaders like that, but the architecture I can do. I also don't have the time to make it since I have school and friends to hang out with.

ZBomber
01-08-2005, 06:40 PM
How quickly this goes off-topic. :p

Just gotta add more detail. Better textures, some lanterns, painting, etc, and it should come out good. :) Also, make the room a bit bigger (I think).

Eldritch
01-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Mongo05
I don't think I am going to be doing Hogwarts after all. I was looking at Eldritch's beta maps and realized that I can't make textures and shaders like that, but the architecture I can do. I also don't have the time to make it since I have school and friends to hang out with.

ZBomber
01-08-2005, 06:45 PM
I know, I was just explaining why I thought it didn't look like the Great Hall.

Mongo05
01-08-2005, 07:59 PM
I already stated all of the above, it was just a basic build and I also explained how I wasn't going to do the map anymore. Hmm some people don't listen or read.

ZBomber
01-09-2005, 05:41 AM
I can read perfectly fine, thank you. And I didn't repeat what you said, I just included some of the thinsg that I thought made it look less like the Great Hall. I know you were done working on it, but I thought you just might wanna know. Next time i won't try to help. :rolleyes:

Mongo05
01-09-2005, 07:03 AM
No you just basically repeated what I said... I told everyone that it didn't look like the great hall because I had only made the basic outline of the room. *sigh* and I never said I was done working on that room, I just quit making the map.

Nokill
01-09-2005, 07:16 AM
well its the same as the one from the movie only that also used special effects in the movie so it looks difrent and how are you going to make a star ceiling :p