PDA

View Full Version : Remade classics

Full Metal Man
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Should the classic Star Wars movies be made into new/improved games? Just like the movies??

Archangel WT
10-21-2005, 08:46 PM
What next? Remake Matrix and write new LOTR book? =/

Great Scott!
10-25-2005, 08:02 PM
I agree, but nobody likes games that chronicle around the adventures of Luke Skywalker or Han Solo now. Now they just want Shaak Ti, Kit Fisto, or most of all, just games where the main characters aren't from any of the movies. It's sad really.

JokotoFett
04-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Heck yes,, I really don't see a problem at all.

Wardyn
06-03-2006, 05:00 PM
i think that it would be a great idea to remake dark forces, or dark forces 2 jedi knight for xbox 360 or ps3 so the engine would be more like the quake 3 engine used in jedi outcast and academy. Alot of people don't have the type of computer needed to play these games anymore. i've seen a few mod sites where they take the quake 3 engine and update dark forces. I just think it would be a good idea. and lucasarts would make alot of money off this i think.

Samnmax221
06-03-2006, 06:13 PM
Only if it was done tatefully and Lucasarts has lost the capacity to do things tastefully

Doc Valentine
03-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Some of the classics would be nice to have redone. Especially the X-Wing series, there hasn't been a PC Star Wars space simulator game in a long time, it seems almost a crime with the new graphics engines that are out now and the technology we have. Also, I agree with Wardyn that remaking Dark Forces would be nice. Not that playing it in dos isn't fun for the nostalgia vibe.

Batgirl
05-29-2008, 01:29 PM
Remake??? That makes no sense. You remake classic plays and novels into new movie renditions, but to remake a recent classic? How could it be better to see the same scenes that still stand up?

hhunter6
10-16-2008, 08:40 AM
I think that if you are going to do any games on the classic characters it should be in the form of the expanded universe. Just me though.

Ultimate Vader
10-16-2008, 09:14 AM
I think LA should remake the OT to the point of "badass". Here's my idea of what should new OT look like:
1. Vader looks like a beast of the force, not a general. Also remake his costume. Don't give the suit too many negative points. Instead, give Vader some showings about his force powers and lightsaber skill.
2. Each episode should be 2-3 hours long, so the story is wider and bigger
3. Remake that X-Wing, TIE Fighter,etc. model to look more sophisticated for their age.
4. Make better lightsaber combat.
5. Change Luke's appereance, make him more valiant, brave, and handsome like his "pre-suit" father.
6. Remake all droid, armor, and suit. Make them more sophisticated, too.
7. Put in more fight. Show the fate of the survivor of Order 66.

All of that are the main points. There's still many, but I can't remember all of them at the same time.