PDA

View Full Version : Can't Uninstall game??

Mav
01-23-2005, 04:33 PM
Okay, here's the deal, when I stick the CD into my comp to play the game nothing happens, so when I go into the files in the programs folder, and double-click the start-up icon, the "Send Error Report" pop-up window comes up. So I want to uninstall the game and then re-install it, but when I go into the Add/Remove Program thing on my comp. and try to remove KotOR I get a:

"An installation support file could not be installed.

The system cannot find the file specified."

message, now what am I supposed to do?

Boba Rhett
01-23-2005, 04:35 PM
Can you put in the install disk and do a repair or just reinstall over the old install?

Mav
01-23-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't think so, because when I put the disc in the autorun.... doesn't run, even if I manually run the disc, it wont run it says:

"The game does not seem to be properly installed.

Please restore the installation or reinstall the game"

Mav
01-23-2005, 05:00 PM
I got it to work thanks anyway.

Sata
02-19-2005, 06:44 AM
I have the same problem, how did you get it to work in the end?

Bubbles
02-19-2005, 12:43 PM
Your game has seperation anxiety and an overwhelming fear of abandonment. You should try nurturing it, and teaching it responsibility. Eventually it will develop a desire to get out on its own, and you will be able to uninstall it (with minimal incidents of it asking you to do its laundry).

Sata
02-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Be quiet you anally fixated fool suffering from the oedipus complex! Is anyone going to give me a proper answer instead of a load of psychology?

I do psychology too, at university, so dont give me that crap :P.