PDA

View Full Version : PS3 to be revealed BEFORE e3!!!

Acrylic
02-08-2005, 04:48 PM
Wow, even more GREAT news!!!!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/02/07/news_6118152.html

I totally can't wait! :D

Seriously. I love my PS2 to death, and I hope I will also love the PS3!

topshot
02-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Hey, as long as it is built like a rock, I'm up for anything! :cool:

BongoBob
02-08-2005, 04:57 PM
TOPSHOT! WB I GUESS! LOUD NOISES!

Anyhow, back on topic, this is pretty cool. I am not a big sony fanboy, but hey, it's the next thing in gaming, I'll take it :cool:

jokemaster
02-08-2005, 07:02 PM
I actually own all 3 consoles cause my uncle got me a ps2 when they came out and my aunt got me an XBOX for my last b-day. I'm excited cause now I'll see what its capable of.

Astrotoy7
02-08-2005, 07:26 PM
werdage. I just cant wait to see how awesome my fave ps2 games(FIFA Soccer, Dynasty/Samurai Warriors/Final Fantasy) will look when evolved onto a PS3 :) Hopefully they'll come up with some cool SW games eventually :(

In the meantime, I wouldnt mind a PSP :D

mtfbwya

jokemaster
02-08-2005, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
werdage. I just cant wait to see how awesome my fave ps2 games(FIFA Soccer, Dynasty/Samurai Warriors/Final Fantasy) will look when evolved onto a PS3 :) Hopefully they'll come up with some cool SW games eventually :(

In the meantime, I wouldnt mind a PSP :D

mtfbwya
I can't wait till I see what the next MGS game looks like.......if there is one.

Acrylic
02-08-2005, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
I can't wait till I see what the next MGS game looks like.......if there is one.

Of course there will be.

I mean, The MGS series is one of my favorite serieses. (is that a word?)

MGS3 so far is great. I'm about 13 hours in. And, I love it. Best game I played (am playing) this year so far.

jokemaster
02-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Heh, I'm also playing through MGS3 right now, but I'm getting side-tracked a lot by school. I'm barely up to just past the warehouse, after I met with the drunk guy

Boba Rhett
02-08-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by jokemaster
I actually own all 3 consoles cause my uncle got me a ps2 when they came out and my aunt got me an XBOX for my last b-day. I'm excited cause now I'll see what its capable of.

Wow. Your relatives like you a lot more than mine like me. :D

Leper Messiah
02-09-2005, 12:10 AM
boo and hiss to the PS3 i hope its release is still a way aways, the PS2s abilities are still enough for me and my poor studenting ways will be prohibitive of aquiring a PS3

RebelScum!
02-09-2005, 05:35 AM
Ps3..cool hope they change the controllers....*looks down at his tiny hands*...it runs in the family...

Lynk Former
02-09-2005, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by RebelScum!
Ps3..cool hope they change the controllers....*looks down at his tiny hands*...it runs in the family...

O.O and the PlayStation series has the smallest controllers of the past 2 generations...

RebelScum!
02-09-2005, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by Lynk Former
O.O and the PlayStation series has the smallest controllers of the past 2 generations...

I'm thinking Nintendo has smallest...

Boba Rhett
02-09-2005, 06:10 AM

You must have some darn tiny hands. :indif:

The original Xbox controllers, my favorite controllers EVER, were still a little small for mine.

RebelScum!
02-09-2005, 06:19 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
You must have some darn tiny hands. :indif:

You dont want to know -.-. Even though im a boy i know little girls who have the same size hands as me...

Boba Rhett
02-09-2005, 06:23 AM
Measure your hand for us. :D Spread it out and use a ruler to measure from the tip of your pinky to the end of your thumb. Mine is about 10 and a quarter inches.

Does anyone still sell the large Xbox controllers? I want another one. :(

MTV2
02-09-2005, 06:24 AM
Isn't PSX the next one? they released it in
japan or china

isn't PS3 going to be an attachment to the PS2?

Lynk Former
02-09-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm thinking Nintendo has smallest...

Actually the GCN controller is a little bigger than the PS1/2 controller XD People have already compared.

edit: see http://www.xeye.it/imgxeye/controller_special/insieme/insieme1.jpg

Boba Rhett
02-09-2005, 06:35 AM
The PSX is just a sexed up (music player, TV tuner, and video recorder) version of the PS2 aint it?

How would the PS3 be an attachment?

Lynk Former
02-09-2005, 06:39 AM
Yeah, and the PSX was a flop too, didn't sell well at all.

MTV2
02-09-2005, 06:40 AM
i dont know, i heard it from someone

likw you would put it in the console and it will enble games for u:confused: idunno

Boba Rhett
02-09-2005, 06:48 AM
There was a harddrive attachment for the ps2 which enabled you to play some games. There couldn't really be a hookup to make an older gen console into a next gen one. Even if the two could theoretically hook up, the older tech would act as a restrictor plate for the newer stuff.

ET Warrior
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
The original Xbox controllers, my favorite controllers EVER, were still a little small for mine.

I think you just like controllers that are obscenely large. My hands measure around 9 inches thumb to pinky, and I found the originals to be ridiculous. Xbox Controller S is the best controller ever for me :)

Sabretooth
02-09-2005, 09:22 AM
w00t! More emulation!

Eh?

Revan Solo
02-09-2005, 10:38 AM
But you cannot buy it then? Right?

Acrylic
02-09-2005, 02:28 PM
You dont want to know -.-. Even though im a boy i know little girls who have the same size hands as me...

Small hands mean....:indif:

El Sitherino
02-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
Small hands mean....:indif: Lol, that's mean.

the xbox controller (original) is a bit small on me, but it's still uncomfortable, like holding a brick.

TiE23
02-09-2005, 04:25 PM
I think the Controller S is the best controller ever made.
Great size
extremely sturdy
precision buttons
nice rumble
button placement is really good
comfortable

TiE

Revan Solo
02-12-2005, 12:59 AM
The best controller ever is the Playstation Dualshock 2. It fits so good in your hands.

Lynk Former
02-12-2005, 01:04 AM
I never liked either of the Dual Shock variations. Mostly because the analog control sticks are positioned in the worst spots.

Revan Solo
02-12-2005, 04:56 AM
And I like the Dualshock 2 because of it's Analog Sticks.

The worsest controllers are those from Nintendo 64.

BawBag™
02-12-2005, 05:03 AM
Originally posted by Revan Solo
And I like the Dualshock 2 because of it's Analog Sticks.

The worsest controllers are those from Nintendo 64.
Have to disagree there, I may be wrong, but the 64 was the first controller to have an analog stick, from it's "generation" of consoles.

Then the dualshocks were released for PS.

I liked the 64 controller.

Revan Solo
02-12-2005, 05:17 AM
The Analog Sticks of the Playstation are better to touch than the plastics from the N64.

RebelScum!
02-12-2005, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Lol, that's mean.

the xbox controller (original) is a bit small on me, but it's still uncomfortable, like holding a brick.

:xp: you have a weird idea of comfort

I scared myself....from thumb to pink steched as far as possible (hand span) is 7 1/2...not stretched out it is....Holy Crap!!! only 4 inches!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

IG-64
02-12-2005, 07:33 AM
:xp: you have a weird idea of comfort

I scared myself....from thumb to pink steched as far as possible (hand span) is 7 1/2...not stretched out it is....Holy Crap!!! only 4 inches!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I measure about the same actually.

I have pretty small hands, but not that tiny.

What scares me is that my right hand is more developed than my left hand.

legameboy
02-12-2005, 07:38 AM
Hmm... maybe I should start to get into consoles. I've never, ever had a console before in my life. Hmm...

IG-64
02-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by legameboy
Hmm... maybe I should start to get into consoles. I've never, ever had a console before in my life. Hmm...

O_o

You dunno what you've been missing.

Go get a SNES and some Mario games. you won't regret it. :D

GothiX
02-12-2005, 07:56 AM
My hands are pretty big, especially my fingers are long.

Which sucks when looking to buy a clawring.

Lynk Former
02-12-2005, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by BawBag™
I liked the 64 controller.
The N64 controller made a kickass FPS controller :p

Analog stick for look, C buttons for move. Twaz the ONLY way you should play console FPS games. The way the games were created made the digital C buttons great to use too cause it wasn't choppy at, it was nice and smooth as if you were really using another analog stick instead of digital buttons.

KBell
02-12-2005, 09:11 AM
I looooooooooooooooved the N64 controller, its one of the reasons why so many people made Goldeneye the best game of the 64/Playstation era :D

El Sitherino
02-12-2005, 09:31 AM
The Analog Sticks of the Playstation are better to touch than the plastics from the N64. The ones on the playstation are plastic, they just have a rubber cushion on them.

I too loved the N64 controller. It was very well designed.

Revan Solo
02-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Goldeneye??:confused:
It is for PS 2! You mean Goldeneye Rogue Agent?

El Sitherino
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Goldeneye??:confused:
It is for PS 2! You mean Goldeneye Rogue Agent? No, the original Goldeneye game. It was for the Nintendo64.

ET Warrior
02-12-2005, 10:23 AM
No. Goldeneye Rogue Agent is the crappy "sequel" to Rare's original Goldeney for the N64.

Goldeneye totally revolutionized multiplayer FPS on a console.

El Sitherino
02-12-2005, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Goldeneye totally revolutionized multiplayer FPS on a console.

That it did. I remember the day it came out, everyone went insane at the stores trying to get copies. Man, I loved that game, especially with the donkey kong cheat and paintball one.

IG-64
02-12-2005, 10:36 AM
That it did. I remember the day it came out, everyone went insane at the stores trying to get copies. Man, I loved that game, especially with the donkey kong cheat and paintball one.

Went all over Houston lookin for it. Finally found it in some back town somewhere, we were so happy.

And we played it waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much. 8)

Boba Rhett
02-12-2005, 10:56 AM
There was another James Bond game for the N64. I can't remember the name of it. I have it somewhere....

GothiX
02-12-2005, 11:17 AM
The World Is Not Enough, yeah, it was okay.. The SP more than the MP though.

ET Warrior
02-12-2005, 02:06 PM
Nowhere near the level of Goldeneye, but that's because EA games took over the James Bond franchise after Goldeneye, and we haven't had a bond game that's even comparable to Goldeney since.

BongoBob
02-12-2005, 07:01 PM
True dat.

I still have my Goldeneye and Perfect dark games, and play them all the time. I love Perfect Darks MP mode because it had bots :D

And the Darsims kicked your ass every time :D

Lynk Former
02-12-2005, 07:05 PM
Yes people, before Halo there was GoldenEye, one of the greatest games ever made and while it isn't as popular as Halo has become today, Halo would be nothing without GoldenEye, the first successful console FPS ever.

Oh and Perfect Dark rocks as well :D It may not be a Bond game but it can hold its own. A lot of poeple don't like it as much as GoldenEye but I do like it. The Multiplayer was brilliant too, there were so many options to customise your levels and you could SAVE your own type of level setups. Had the best time playing these two games as well as the original Smash Bros and Mario Kart with my friends XD

legameboy
02-12-2005, 09:26 PM
Why did they ever call the N64 the 64. What does the 64 mean? 64-bit? 64 years old? :confused:

Whatever the reason, they should called the new Nintendo, the N6... 5. :p

Astrotoy7
02-12-2005, 10:12 PM
I see your :p
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/Geyecard.jpg

and I raise you :p
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/ffrCard.jpg

*cough* no contest.... :p

one is just a game where you shoot each other, the other is an *experience*

all IMO of course, Im just trying to relate that not all ppl were going Goldeneye mad back in the day.... I definitely wasnt :p

but of course, we all know it is bad to compare RPGs and FPS :( :p

*yes, I am currently very fond of making cards* :( :p

mtfbwya

coupes.
02-12-2005, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by legameboy
Why did they ever call the N64 the 64. What does the 64 mean? 64-bit? 64 years old? :confused:

Whatever the reason, they should called the new Nintendo, the N6... 5. :p Yeah, it means 64 bits... it was the only 64 bit console AFAIK ;)

ET Warrior
02-12-2005, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by coupes.
Yeah, it means 64 bits... it was the only 64 bit console AFAIK ;)

Was the Dreamcast 128 bits? I never knew the specs on those.

Also, I've been wondering when they say 32 bits, 64 bits, etc. etc. are they talkin about the size of the data / address registers, or something else processor related, or graphics related?

Lynk Former
02-12-2005, 10:48 PM
@ Astro: I'm sorry but you lose :p

http://dorando.emuverse.com/projects/eduardo_a2j/zelda-ocarina-of-time.gif

acdcfanbill
02-13-2005, 06:19 PM
link is def right on this one :)

jokemaster
02-13-2005, 06:46 PM
AND THE REFEREE SIGNALS THE WIN GOES TO LINK.

BTW:

great mighty poo anyone? (http://www.quebecgamers.com/impressions/topboss/conker/great_mighty_poo2.jpg)

Lynk Former
02-14-2005, 02:58 AM
*ahm* .... Lynk...

Boba Rhett
02-14-2005, 08:45 AM
Are you trying to tell us something, Link? :confused:

RebelScum!
02-14-2005, 09:50 AM
@ Astro

http://img204.exs.cx/img204/7945/owned15vh.th.jpg (http://img204.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img204&image=owned15vh.jpg)
:P sorry Astro had to post it

BawBag™
02-14-2005, 10:01 AM

one is just a game where you shoot each other, the other is an *experience*

Ahhhh, good ol' Astro. :D

You should know that Goldeneye was more of an experience than people would originally think, very realistic for it's time, and incredibly absorbing.

Plus all the bonus features that would pop up and surprise you, like the introduction of new levels and Bond villains of old...

But, I don't want this to turn into a "my opinion is more valid than your opinion" thing. Because I haven't really played FF. ;)

Oh and Lynk, that pic blew my bollocks off. :)

Astrotoy7
02-14-2005, 02:59 PM
HA ! Ambushed by the half dozen nintendo fanboys that linger here !

Fools !

Let us compare :
Final Fantasy is a phenomenon, Zelda is just a cooler RPG than some. The fact that games like Zelda even got made was due to the success of FF 1-6 on the NES/SNES...

Deny that and I'll stab you in the eye with my Muratsumune(winks at all cool FF fans)

Still, looking forward to what the new Zelda will do on the GC. Sure it looks great, Im just hoping the battle system and storyline cut the mustard. All indications show that FF 12 will be awesome, and as its due later on this year, I'll be able to have a good go at both :)

yay RPGs !

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
02-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Ha! Shows what YOU know, seeing as how Zelda is not an RPG atall, but an action/adventure game.

I'm not saying which is better. Apples and oranges my friend. Apples and oranges.

Lynk Former
02-14-2005, 04:18 PM
XD Poor Astro, proving that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

jokemaster
02-14-2005, 04:21 PM
Why does everyone say zelda's an rpg?

And the mirror shield would kick the Muratsumune's butt any time.

Astrotoy7
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
XD Poor Astro, proving that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Ah, the "what is an RPG " discussion again. You dont need to have rules governed by D&D rules etc for a game to be an RPG.... Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory. Im sure Im not the only person who puts Zelda in the RPG basket :)

But really, all this is immaterial to the exciting news of the PS3 befing revelaled !! :D

mtfbwya

jokemaster
02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
Ah, the "what is an RPG " discussion again. You dont need to have rules governed by D&D rules etc for a game to be an RPG.... Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory. Im sure Im not the only person who puts Zelda in the RPG basket :)

But really, all this is immaterial to the exciting news of the PS3 befing revelaled !! :D

mtfbwya

.............there's nothing actually being revealed right now.

I judge an RPG if it has some kind of leveling up system in place, wether its automatic or manual, and some kind of hit/block/dodge rule system set in place. I mean every single game ever made is technically an RPG, if you take the words Role Playing Games literally.

I think Zelda would've still gotten made even if FF was never made, cause Miyomato made it and after his success with mario and DK they would've still let him make the game.

Also, as a side note, FF has a lot of spinoffs (X-2, Adventures, Tactics) and games in the whole series for something with the word final in its name.

GothiX
02-15-2005, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7 Once you have to sit and talk to people and make choices in what you say+do+go, then its RPG territory.
[/B]
RPG elements != RPG game

And yes, there's more ignorant fools that call Zelda an RPG. I was release as an action/adventure game though, so you're pretty much wrong.

And FF was only more popular because it has been hyped.

El Sitherino
02-15-2005, 09:00 AM
It's funny you should mention Nintendo fans Astro, considering Final Fantasy STARTED on Nintendo. :)

And the best FF game is still Final Fantasy II.

RebelScum!
02-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Well Astro...its one against many...all i know is Link owns and all the Zelda games are the best :)...Well except for Halo1 and 2 :D.

jokemaster
02-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Well Astro...its one against many...all i know is Link owns and all the Zelda games are the best :)...Well except for Halo1 and 2 :D.
IF you don't include PC games, some FPS, IMO at least, kick Halo's ass

ET Warrior
02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
And the best FF game is still Final Fantasy II.

Boo to FF II. I hate the level-up system in that game more than I hate the OC.

:p

Boba Rhett
02-15-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
more than I hate the OC.

*drops monacle*

That's a lot of hate. :D

Hey, guess what show Lucas is showing the RotS trailer early with? That's right!

**** you, Lucas! :wavey:

Astrotoy7
02-15-2005, 06:22 PM

well, seeing you are less than 16 yo, I wouldnt assume anything otherwise... :p

Sithy, you see, back in the day when the SNES existed, Nintendo was cool, a true player in the gaming world. Now, it occupies a weird niche one can only liken to the school playground of the gaming world :( Whose fault ? Nintendo's !

And of course, we all know, that there was a famous rift between square and nintendo back then, which resulted in the groundbreaking FF7 being released on PS1, and ushering in a new area of gaming....

To counter this, Nintendo strategists sat down and decided against a CD-ROM based console and opted for yet another cartridge system ? Can anyone answer why ?! Then in the next gen DVD-ROM era consoles, nintendo goes for mini disc format, limiting and discouraging many game devs in the process....

they are a strange bunch that nintendo. Who knows the 'Revolution' mightnt even use DVD-ROM, but be laser shined through a glass prism, to generate all those wonderful colours required in kids games :) :p

*runs like ninja*

Rhett, dont be upset at GL - true marketing genius ; Lucas is a very clever man, that is why he is a billionaire and you
spend alot of time in a barn ;) :p JK !

mtfbwya

Boba Rhett
02-16-2005, 06:22 AM
:fist:

I've said it before and I'll say it again. He's a crackpot who hit the jackpot. :xp:

Lynk Former
02-16-2005, 08:05 AM
Man are we still talking about this? I'll put it this way, Nintendo is seen as the kids system because of many factors, mostly because they're the ONLY old skool gaming company that still makes consoles and have a past where gaming was for children so their older mascots are targetted at that audience. The lack of third party developers supporting their system is also hurting them because they have all the adult targetted games.

But then why the hell am I saying this all again, it's already been explained a million times...

Now, it occupies a weird niche one can only liken to the school playground of the gaming world
Think of it this way, people should get off Nintendo's back cause without them all consoles would be doing is beefing up system specs and having games where all you do is kill people 4234235235 different ways and have chicks with big tits playing vollyball... which doesn't sound bad but old skool gaming is dieing off because of those kinds of games. Nintendo is willing to take risks, the Nintendo DS is one of those risks. Most of what consoles have now originated by someone at Nintendo going "hey it'd be good if a console could do this." and they either try to develope it and fail or develop it and it becomes a quiet success and then soon after their rivals imitate and profit. Without Nintendo you wouldn't get anything new XD

People keep saying Nintendo will die during the next generation and crap like that because of their kiddy image. XD It's funny when you think about it, the fact that they're still around is due to the fact that Nintendo are richer than people believe and the fact that their kiddy games and products are what are getting them the most money. Pokemon anyone?

Half of the field believe FF7 changed the face of gaming, the other say Ocarina of Time did, and another group go "wtf? who cares."

But in the end I accept the facts... and the facts are as follows...

- People only want what's new and generic.
- Sony can wrap dog crap in a console shell and still make the masses want to buy it.
- Nintendo isn't cool anymore
- Old skool gaming is now considered dead and buried.

TiE23
02-16-2005, 08:16 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^
Nintendo acts like people are as tech savvy as people in the 80s.
And the last time I checked, they haven't made any new (old school) games. Just 3d versions of oldschool stuff.

Hell, me... I would love to have the ulitimate Japannese shoot-em-up on Xbox.
And I think side scrollers are fun, like Soldat, Crimson Land, and that game were you play that chicken thing.
And Im just losing my subject and rambeling on right now..........

I think MS should make Xbox2 look like a giant iPod, laqured white plastic look.... or something.....

TiE

Lynk Former
02-16-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by TiE 23
^^^^^^^^^^^
Nintendo acts like people are as tech savvy as people in the 80s

Since we all hang around the internet so much a lot of us lose sight that most people aren't tech savvy at all ;)

Astrotoy7
02-16-2005, 12:54 PM
heh. Lynk I hope Nintendo are paying you well :) :p

btw, I hear that Zelda is so big now, that the Link character is going to make it onto prime time TV......

http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/Queer Link.jpg

here is a pic of our Lynk taken a cpl of years ago...
http://www.myimgs.com/data/astrotoy7/Zelda_Link.jpg

JK! :p

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
02-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Your "Lynk" fellow seems to be the wrong colour. ;)

Lynk Former
02-16-2005, 01:46 PM
:D lol @ sithy's post.

lol @ Astro's cosplay pic. And you can't tell me you haven't seen horrid pictures of fat girls trying to imitate Final Fantasy characters huh :XD:

Plus I like Nintendo because I love two series they have, The Legend of Zelda and Metroid. That's all it takes for me to be a loyal fan :p Plus the fact that Nintendo was a strong part of my childhood helps too.

But the facts still stands, Nintendo are the only ones trying new gaming experiences... it's fair to say that they're keeping things fresh and also giving their competitors new ways of making games too.

Astrotoy7
02-17-2005, 06:22 AM
:D lol @ sithy's post.

.... pictures of fat girls trying to imitate Final Fantasy characters huh :XD:

mmm....voluptuous chicks dressed as Yuna/Rikku/Selphie/Dagger etc :p

yes, I have a HDD full of such pictures :D

mtfbwya

Boba Rhett
02-17-2005, 06:27 AM
A hardrive full? ... that's.. really spooky. :D

I hear tell you like the furries too.

Confirm/Deny?

:xp:

Bonus:

http://nhjm.net/~pcdthebum/Images/toad.jpg

toms
02-17-2005, 07:09 AM
:D :D :D :D :D
that rules!
:D :D :D :D :D
I love japanese conventions...

----------------------------------------
Controllers:
The N64 controller was pretty revolutionary at the time, without it we wouldn't have had analogue sticks on anything.
Sony then copied the analogue stick idea and put it on their rubbish Playstation controller to make it pretty decent.
The 3rd gen consoles consolodated this pretty sensibly into a mix of the two. Cos, nice as the n64 controllere was, you actually rarely used 1/3rd or it.

Unfortunately Sony's weird obsession with symetrically placing the analogue sticks means that they aren't placed in the best place (like they are on the GC & Xbox-s controllers) and they give undue prominince to the d-pad (considering it is only really used in fighting games these days).
Stupidly they have carried this over to the PSP as well.

I love the feel of the Gamecube controller, but the useless d-pad and badly placed Z button loose it points.

So i'd go witth the Xbox controller-s as the best overall controller... for now.

Goldeneye:
This game SOOOO rocks, shame they devalued the name with that steaming pile of "sequel".

N64/Zelda/Cartridges:
Ironically, the best and worst of Nintendo is all down to one man: Miyamoto.

He created some of the best games of all time int he Zelda franchise (OoT beating any PS1 game by miles imho), and it was his need for an advanced controller for that game & mario64 that lead to the development of the n64 controller.

It was also his dislike of loading times that lead to the n64 being cartridge based, and the GC using smaller discs.
Unfortunately, both are more expensive to manufacture than cdsdvds and this limited the number of third parties producing for nintendo on both the n64 & gc. They also have less space for multimedia.

It was also his tightly focused design that lead to a GC controller that is great for analogue (his) games, but with a useless d-pad for games that need it (mortal kombat, etc..)

And his lack of interest in online games has lead to nintendo being left behind in that area as well.

Its a shame that they guy who made the best nintendo games may have killed nintendo by not taking other's games into account.

Next Gen consoles:
I'm actually not looking forward to the next load of consoles.

While it is likely to bring improvements in graphics (though they are becoming less noticable over time) it looks like the main focus will be "entertainment centre integration" of dvd, mp3, pvr etc... This should be awesome...

Unfortunately the 2 big leaders are Microsoft and Sony, both of whom have terribly restrictive histories/views on rights management.
Both will try to control what you can record, transfer, view and where you can get it from and what format it is in. We will no-longer be able to own ANYTHING, we will just own licenses to use it, in the ways they let us. I'm not looking forward to that.

Currently a hacked XBOX is an absolutely awesome, OPEN, media and games centre... but with the next generation THEY will control all that.

imho...

Astrotoy7
02-17-2005, 03:45 PM
A hardrive full? ... that's.. really spooky. :D

I hear tell you like the furries too.

Confirm/Deny?

:xp

firstly, I was being facetious about the FF pics, I dont have *any* cosplay pics, they freak me out.... :( I dont even know what you mean by furries ??

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
02-17-2005, 03:56 PM
I'll tell you on MSN some time.

Mike Windu
02-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
What scares me is that my right hand is more developed than my left hand.

:indif:

What's that show Astro.. Queer Eye for the Hyrulean Guy? :p

Boba Rhett
02-17-2005, 04:35 PM
I have my own theories on that.

El Sitherino
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
I have my own theories on that. As do I. And video games are nowhere near it.

IG-64
02-17-2005, 05:37 PM
Why'd I have to open my big mouth? :rolleyes:

El Sitherino
02-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Why'd I have to open my big mouth? :rolleyes: I don't know, but you did bring it on yourself by being so disgustingly vague.

IG-64
02-17-2005, 05:58 PM
vague? ok, if you hold my left thumb up to my right thumb you'll notice my right thumb is a bit thicker and the thumbnail is longer. Happy? ok, lets get back to discussing the ps3, instead of my hands. :p

Astrotoy7
02-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Why'd I have to open my big mouth? :rolleyes:

HA ! Only IG could say something in innocence that would be misconstrued by the rest of us perverts :p

* * * back to cosplay. Since its mention above, I have gone in search of some FF cosplay pics.... www.finalfantasycosplay.it some freaky, some sexy, some both :( :p

mtfbwya

Mike Windu
02-17-2005, 09:23 PM
The afore mentioned fat Square chick.

http://img238.exs.cx/img238/5706/kh649lg.th.jpg (http://img238.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img238&image=kh649lg.jpg)

Silly Astro, yellow just isn't your color :xp:

El Sitherino
02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Mike, ever think about making the thumbnails functional? :dozey:

Mike Windu
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
They've always been functional.

Someone must have editted my post.

:D

Astrotoy7
02-17-2005, 11:23 PM
Mike, looking at your av and sig, I must congratulate you on being LFNs first eunuch...a *real man* would never even contemplate suck a shocking display...

FF cosplay....I have found my true love
*makes sure gf is looking away*

Rinoa Heartily from FFVIII
http://www.cosplayangel.com/images/costumes-rinoa-picture.jpg

Cosplay Rinoa
http://digilander.libero.it/finalfantasycosplay/rinoa_09.jpg

she puts the RRRRrrrrr! in RPG (for me) :p

mtfbwya

Lynk Former
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM
XD wow, she sure had to try hard for that cosplay lol

Astrotoy7
02-18-2005, 12:01 AM
XD wow, she sure had to try hard for that cosplay lol

well, she wouldve had to have made that dress....I guess thats something that comes easy to you ?? :p

mtfbwya

Lynk Former
02-18-2005, 01:52 AM
I don't think she'd even have to do that, that's a pretty generic dress she's got there.

Now THIS is a cosplay...

http://dan42.com/jinroh/images/costume.Fanime2002-fansview.Hi-Impact.1.jpg

Damn that armour is so kewl @.@ Jin-Roh rocks :p

Astrotoy7
02-18-2005, 02:51 AM
Now THIS is a cosplay...

http://dan42.com/jinroh/images/costume.Fanime2002-fansview.Hi-Impact.1.jpg

Damn that armour is so kewl @.@ Jin-Roh rocks :p

again with the anime :(

Lynk, use your s-mod powers and close this thread. It is utterly irrelevant to ps3 !

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
02-18-2005, 03:35 AM
PS3 = Sony. Sony is based in Japane. Anime is from Japan.

SITH FOR THE WIN!

toms
02-18-2005, 05:29 AM
latest xbox 360 rumours:
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gossip/xbox-2/xbox-360-revealed-033435.php

not that it has anything to do with the content of this thread, but i have a hangover so i'm staying well out of that... :eek:

Lynk Former
02-18-2005, 12:18 PM
I like how when Astro is beaten he hides behind protocol XD

But anywayz, just to make Astro happy ;)

IBM sure must be happy with itself at the moment, all three console companies want them so bad XD