PDA

View Full Version : Freeze After Character Creation

narteck
02-13-2005, 04:17 PM
After I create my character and click on the PLAY button Iím sent to the loading screen. At the loading screen the game Freezeís. I check the task manager and it shows that KOTOR2 is not responding. I have looked through the forums and tried the things Iíve seen listed. I have tied using CATALYST 4.11, 4.12 and 5.1. I have also disabled the vertex in the kotor2.ini. I have disabled both AA and AF with no luck. Now I donít know what else I can try to get the damn game to work. I have also turned off all background programs.

Anyone have an Idea? Please post.

System specs.
AMD XP 3200
1G RAM
Radeon 9700pro
DX 9.0c
Win XP home edition

I thought I would try one other thing before I gave up tonight. I have installed KOTOR2 on my older machine which is using a gforce3. Now the game actually runs aside from the obvious slow performance issues. So know I donít know whatís wrong with the graphics setting on my good system.

stingerhs
02-13-2005, 06:53 PM
hmm, i have virtually identical computer specs with yours, and tsl runs like its supposed to. i did, however, notice that you haven't tried the catalyst 5.2 drivers yet. there's a link in the sticky thread at the top for the 5.2 drivers (they're the latest drivers). give it a try and tell us if it works or not. :)

narteck
02-14-2005, 01:57 PM
Very strange I'm still getting the same problem with the 5.2 driver. I really don't know what else is left to do or try.

stingerhs
02-14-2005, 05:12 PM
well, for now, keep the 5.2 drivers. and, out of curiousity, what resolution and refresh rate are you trying to run tsl at??