PDA

View Full Version : Mod Requests Thread (#3)

Pages : [1] 2

T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
Same deal as before. Do you have an idea for a KotOR mod you would like, But don't know how to make it or have the time. Then this is where you can make your mod request, but since you are making a request you must understand that modding is usually hobby that People do in there spare time and that they have Full time jobs. When you make a request please keep this in mind.

Ok this time were going to try this thread with a few rules, for posting in this thread. I'll keep this as brief as possible.

1. This thread is for the discussion of mod requests. Any discussion of how to make a mod or off topic discussion will be directed to the main Holowan Forum or deleted (@ moderator discretion).

2. Before you make a request please check the Tools and mods stuck, http://www.pcgamemods.com/6/ and http://www.lucasfiles.com/ KotOR section. Before posting your request it is possible that your desired mod has been made already.

3. When you make your request please be descriptive and take the time to think about what it is you would like to see, after all you’re the one making the request but if someone chooses to make it they will need as much information about it as possible. Also it takes time and effort to make a mod and the request should involve thought and effort on your part.

4. DO NOT Request Porting Any Resources from another game into KotOR. Taking copyrighted and proprietary materials from another game and Using then in KotOR Mods will not be Tolerated as this is quite illegal.

5. Final, Please be respectful towards Holowan's Modders.

IF you would like to scan the old request threads here they are:
Request thread 1 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=128018)
Request thread 2 (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134203)

T7nowhere
12-31-2004, 05:19 PM
temp

sithrule88
12-31-2004, 11:13 PM
A Darth Revan's Robe(s) mode where the boots don't go through the cape and the camera angle dosen't jump around when you're fighting. I've tried all of them and whenever I'm in combat I get seasick. Even the Star Forge Robes and Revan The White's robes in RedHawkes Revan The White/ Star Forge/ BoosterPack1 mod. This is only for my PC. One my NPCs they look like the robes that you get on the Star Forge and this dosen't happen.

Colma Adawin
01-01-2005, 08:44 AM
hey ppl, wow, i havent used this in a while :p anyway, i have a nice request to all modders, you may wish to throw sommit at me for saying this, but i was wondering, seeing as we're learning new skills, could we update them to make them EVEN MORE COOLER!!! i've got a load of mods as you can see here:

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/7999/howmanymods1nf.jpg

also, anyone that has Seps mods could you PM me and i'll give you my E-Mail, im really after his older mods (Visual Effects mod in particular)

thanx and sorry for being a git :xp:

MattCole

Matt, I removed the IMG tag for your pic. Please read the new rules in the first post of this thread. We are trying to avoid irrelevant stuff in order to keep this thread useful. - Darth333-

Renegade Angel
01-01-2005, 08:47 AM
A Darth Revan's Robe(s) mode where the boots don't go through the cape and the camera angle dosen't jump around when you're fighting. I've tried all of them and whenever I'm in combat I get seasick. Even the Star Forge Robes and Revan The White's robes in RedHawkes Revan The White/ Star Forge/ BoosterPack1 mod. This is only for my PC. One my NPCs they look like the robes that you get on the Star Forge and this dosen't happen.
Yeah, I would like this too.(Revan's cape isnt steam pressed:D .)

Colma Adawin
01-01-2005, 12:25 PM
okay ppl, I REALLY NEED A HUGE FAVOUR :(

i was wondering if anyone has the Dual Weapon mod, im in desperate need for it plz, anyone whos got it, plz plz plz, PM ASAP (as soon as possible) i'll send my E-Mail to you, plz anyone, i need your help

MattCole

Thanx for liste.......reading :p

EnderWiggin
01-01-2005, 12:49 PM
Do you mean the mod that allows you to have 2 two handed weapons?

It's On PCGM!!!

http://pcgamemods.com/5469/

See?

_EW_

T7nowhere
01-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by sithrule88

Originally posted by Chains
Yeah, I would like this too.(Revan's cape isnt steam pressed:D .)

I have fixed the Camera on the Revan Robes I edited(click the link in my sig) I tried to get the Cape flowing as has svösh and he couldn't get it to work(I also hear Obsidian couldn't do it) so I think its best to accept that its not going to happen.

IF my robes are not what your looking for then you can learn how to use gmax, I explained in detail how to fix the Camera and helpers In the modeling Tutorial thread http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=134510

Originally posted by MattColejk
hey ppl, wow, i havent used this in a while :p anyway, i have a nice request to all modders, you may wish to throw sommit at me for saying this, but i was wondering, seeing as we're learning new skills, could we update them to make them EVEN MORE COOLER!!!

Huh!? What is that you want Matt, is it for all modders to update old mods? or to make them compatible? Please for everyones Sake be specific or its likely that your request wil be ignored.

Tomoro
01-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Can someone create for me a custom skin and icons for this pic, and a custom lightsaber with the handle looking similar to the hilt of the sword?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/tomoro/darthjodah.jpg

Later I will post a pic to be used for the icons.

I get it. Yes I intended to, but I got sidetracked what with registering and having to crop and upload the pic, so I forgot.

Colma Adawin
01-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Matt, I removed the IMG tag for your pic. Please read the new rules in the first post of this thread. We are trying to avoid irrelevant stuff in order to keep this thread useful. - Darth333-

I Apoligise Darth333, :( :xp:

T7, well, i was thinking more along the lines of updating previous mods, making ALL those mods compatable, sod that, you'd be there forever.

no i would like to see previous mods, updated.
you know, like you and Svosh did with there mods, that really improved your mods

Good Luck if you wish to take this task on board

MattCole (the most disliked member on Holowan :xp:) j/k

PS: Thanks EW, and chains (he PM'ed me)

Star Ghost
01-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Hi, I'm Star Ghost, and, yes, I'm a noob :eek: . I saw this thread
and think it's a great idea, as some of us can barley do anything
when it comes to modding. All I can do is-

I'll get to the point. It would be really awsome if someone could
make a kind of 'seperate' game, where you don't do any of the things in the game, and with a unique story line, which I would be willing to write. It would have seperate quests and everything, plus new weapons and powers, and if possible, feats and skills (I have never seen these before). It could also use new worlds, and on the existing worlds, new areas. It would also have different ships, like instead of the ebon halk, the player could have a capital ship like the endar spire, that would be easy, all you would have to do was remove the 'damage' effects and add a galaxy map to the bridge. The player could also have the choice of being a jedi or not, and there could be quests like raiding sith bases and stuff, or you could join the sith. This would be very complex, but you could get people to help. Like I said, I can write the storyline.

completely understanable if this is way too hard :atat: :biggs:

Renegade Angel
01-02-2005, 06:59 AM
Nice first post Star.;)
As far as your request, I'm sure this is possible, but we would probrably need Bioware's help.:rolleyes:

P.S. I'm sure some of our more talented modders could attempt this,
Chains (The worst modder at Holowan...:compcry: )

sith_master2000
01-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I wish to know if you can convert the standard Jedi Robes that some people wear on Dantooine (also Bastila's mother wears them) into an item the the PC and party can wear. I've tried it myself but it didn't work right :( . No one was able to wear them, no one. Can anyone help?

EDIT: Also can someone give me a working link to the Force Replication Mod. I found one link at http://alvin777t.tripod.com/ but the site has closed now so I can't get it. I also found another link at a Russian site but because I'm not Russian the site won't let me download it. If anyone is able to send me a copy please PM me. If anyone has a working link please inform me in this thread. (If it's okay with T7)

T7nowhere
01-02-2005, 04:51 PM
@sith_master2000 Gameunlimited's Force Replication power is in All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313)

Your first request is easy to make, But the robes will have to replace one that the PC can wear normally, infact I think several mods like this have been made, check http://www.pcgamemods.com/6 and you might find one already made. :)

Jennaida
01-03-2005, 10:13 AM
Hmm...

Is there, or could someone make, a /proper/ Cathar skin for Juhani? They're not supposed to look nearly human. If you look in the EU, they're portrayed as being more like lions standing on two feet, with wild manes. Like this (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar2b.jpg).

Any chance of seeing a reskin more like that?

Xavier2
01-03-2005, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Hmm...

Is there, or could someone make, a /proper/ Cathar skin for Juhani? They're not supposed to look nearly human. If you look in the EU, they're portrayed as being more like lions standing on two feet, with wild manes. Like this (http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar2b.jpg).

Since the link for this picture is disable it is not possible to say for sure.

But...If you are looking for a character with a mane or a non-human shape (like a stand up lion) i am afraid the chance is close to zero. A non-human shape would require a new 3D body model not only a skin and the process to do this is not completelly effective for full body replacement. We would end up loosing all character animation.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Unless this Cathar you are talking about is similar to a Wookie then it would be possible to make a skin out of that, without the need to mess with body models.

Tomoro
01-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Xavier 2, copy and paste the image link into your address bar.

Looks kinda like how a female bothan would look to me though.

------------------------------------------------------

And as was promised, an edited pic for my skin request.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/tomoro/darthjodah.jpg

Sith Stryker
01-03-2005, 11:41 AM
I would like to see a mod where you could use Bastila's head and maybe if theres a way to change Bastilas head so it would be differnt.

Also do all the Revan robe mods make the screen shake around when you are in a fight?

90SK
01-03-2005, 12:22 PM
^^^^^^
Check the earlier posts, T7 has a link to his.

As for your hilt request, Tomoro, I have been attempting to make something similar (its just the standard Vibrosword hilt, saber style). However, I'm the worst modeler that has ever attempted to model. gmax seems to be conspiring against me :mad:. If, however unlikely, I can ever finish it, I'll direct you to the link.

Jennaida
01-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Xavier2
Since the link for this picture is disable it is not possible to say for sure.

Wierd, it works fine for me, from the post, and from your quote of the post... damn.

Sorry to spoil your fun. Unless this Cathar you are talking about is similar to a Wookie then it would be possible to make a skin out of that, without the need to mess with body models.

Hmm... While it is something of a standing up lion skin, it isn't that far off a Wookie, potentially, as a starting point. Not sure.

If you have the Power of the Jedi sourcebook (I assume it's same in Ultimate Alien Anthology, not sure tho), it's that picture.

http://jediencyclopedia.150m.com/sylvar.html

Is where I got it. If it likes that any better.

sith_master2000
01-03-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by T7nowhere
@sith_master2000 Gameunlimited's Force Replication power is in All-in-one force powers mod v.3.0.1 (http://www.pcgamemods.com/7313)

Your first request is easy to make, But the robes will have to replace one that the PC can wear normally, infact I think several mods like this have been made, check http://www.pcgamemods.com/6 and you might find one already made. :)
Thanks for that T7 :D .

EDIT: I downloaded the All in one force power mod but (as I had predicted it installs all the files at once, you can't choose which mod(s) you would like to install. Do you know which files are for the replication mod?

T7nowhere
01-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Jennaida
Hmm...

I know what you mean about Juhani not looking a bit like a Cathar, I was really disapointed that Bioware took that short cut.
Unfortunately a Wookie would not be suitable for this type of request, a shaved one maaaybe ;) IMO In order to make this mod it would require a new model, which is a little beyond what what can do with KotOR models :(

Star Ghost
01-03-2005, 09:55 PM
What I want is some cool bounty hunting side quests, because all the ones in the game are too easy, and it would be cool if there were some on Dantooine and Korriban.:cool:

Orgophlax
01-04-2005, 01:36 AM
What I'd really like to see is a Revans robe mod, but without the mask. I figure it's possible since the plot twist cutscene obviously shows revan without the mask.

Then, when you find the sith mask on Korriban, you can complete the revan costume. I just think it should come in pieces.

T7nowhere
01-04-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by Orgophlax
What I'd really like to see is a Revans robe mod, but without the mask. I figure it's possible since the plot twist cutscene obviously shows revan without the mask.

Then, when you find the sith mask on Korriban, you can complete the revan costume. I just think it should come in pieces.
hmm. You can try out my version of Revan's robes and Mask. Click the link in my sig and look for Revan's Mask Plus in the mods section.
Originally posted by sith_master2000
Thanks for that T7 :D .
EDIT: I downloaded the All in one force power mod but (as I had predicted it installs all the files at once, you can't choose which mod(s) you would like to install. Do you know which files are for the replication mod?
:eek: What you don't like the other force powers :confused: I am well, Astounded!! You can't really separate them unless you want to edit spells.2da and a number of scripts that control the FP's. I think it would be better to just install the whole mod and try out the other FP's. My personal Favorite Custom Fp is Darth333's Mind trick, There is nothing more fun than turing Darkjedi against each other :dev11 and then you have DArth Khasei's potent Darkside powers. I really have to say that you should play with all the FP's in the game.
Originally posted by Star Ghost
What I want is some cool bounty hunting side quests, because all the ones in the game are too easy, and it would be cool if there were some on Dantooine and Korriban.:cool:
I realize your new to our forums but when you make a request can you please put more thought into it than that(please read the thread rules posted at the top of the page).

btw,There is one Geoharedan mission on Dantooine. :p

*A note to everyone, Put thought into your requests. Even if its a request for a reskin explain in as much detail what you want or your post may be deleted. I am going to be much less leanient this time around.

Darkkender
01-04-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Star Ghost

As T7 said as well if you do a search through the forums keywords "bounty hunting" Doom dealer is working on this at this thread.Bounty Hunter Missions mod ideas (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=140542)

90SK
01-04-2005, 08:18 AM
I'd love to see a republic helmet/ officer's cap model made. Just take the republic soldier model, delete all excapt the helmet, and postion as needed. Sure, there will be clipping issues, but thats a small price to pay. ;)

Max_horsepower
01-04-2005, 09:10 AM
Hello, this is my first post so im kind of a newb to this. In any case I always thought it would be cool to make a sidequest for hk-47 where you can take advantage of his assassin skills and use him to hunt down evil charaters for bounty. For example, have a quest set up where you have been asked by a merchant or some character in the game to hunt down and kill a certain evil individual, in any case in order to do so you will need Hk-47s help to track the scum down.
Hk-47 uses his tracking skills and leads you to his victim. You have the choice of killing the victim yourself or let Hk-47 do his thing. This is just a basic idea what you could do. It would just be cool to have a dialog between Hk-47 and his victim before Hk-47 kills the meatbag.

Anyways let me know what you think
Max

sith_master2000
01-05-2005, 03:33 PM
:eek: What you don't like the other force powers :confused: I am well, Astounded!! You can't really separate them unless you want to edit spells.2da and a number of scripts that control the FP's. I think it would be better to just install the whole mod and try out the other FP's. My personal Favorite Custom Fp is Darth333's Mind trick, There is nothing more fun than turing Darkjedi against each other :dev11 and then you have DArth Khasei's potent Darkside powers. I really have to say that you should play with all the FP's in the game.
I didn't say I didn't like the other FP :p I just said I wanted to have the replication mod. Still I might try your suggestion and test them all out. Also forget what I said about the Jedi Robes, a found a copy of them ;) .

Shrub91
01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Can someone make a Leia Slave Outfit for all races using the scoundrel undies model? :fett:

Sith Stryker
01-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I still wonder if someone has converted Bastila's head for the PC.

ChAiNz.2da
01-07-2005, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Piece of metal
What i want is a revans robes (the full one with cape and hood and mask and everything)
But without the cape...(Because of some clipping issues...and more.

:eyeraise:

T7's Removable Revan Mask+

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm

Bimmerman
01-07-2005, 03:42 PM
svosh's Uzi mod got me thinking. I know I posted this before in the old thread, but i figured I should put it here as well as this thread is more likely to be read than the old one. I am thinking of a mod that would incorporate real-world military weapons such as the M-16, AK-47, Colt 1911 .45, H&K MP5, .50 caliber BMG Sniper Rifle, and the Winchester model 1897 12-ga shotgun. Damage properties could be mainly physical and energy-related(impact force). If it is possible to extend range(I know close to nothing about non-lightsaber editing), then the rifles should have significantly long ranges(.50 cal longest- ~1 mile accurate range real life) and shotguns/pistols have shorter ranges by far. IF possible, also add in gunshot noises.

Also- how about making Luke's saber from ROTJ? I can't model-no talent- so just throwing this idea out there.

Finally- I don't have the tools or knowledge to scropt effectively, so how about a light side force power similar to force storm? the idea I have is more powerful, has a high level requirement >=18, should cost a lot of force points, and requires a high save to avert death/incapacitation.

I completely understand if none of this is possible, but just wanted to put out a few of the ideas that have been floating around inside my head for the past few weeks.

90SK
01-07-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Bimmerman850CSi

Also- how about making Luke's saber from ROTJ? I can't model-no talent- so just throwing this idea out there.

This has been made by several people, I think. Wait while I get some links... ;)

Edit: I can't find anything. :eyeraise:

I know there are models of it out there, but I can't find any released! I know Achilles made one, but I can't racall him releasing it. I also thought Svösh and T7 had made it, but on inspection of both their sites I found nothing. I suggest downloading T7's saber pack and re-skinning ANH Obi-Wan's saber to look like lukes.

masterbob7
01-07-2005, 04:58 PM
How about some skin for han, luke, leia

Bimmerman
01-07-2005, 06:03 PM
I suggest downloading T7's saber pack and re-skinning ANH Obi-Wan's saber to look like lukes.

I already have that saber pack(nice job T7, btw) and have tried to change the color of Obi-wan's from blue to green using hex editors and such to no luck. I end up with a terrible looking blade so I was just wondering if there exists such a saber or a modder interested in making one-as I said, I fail at modeling/reskinning- I'd rather not do it myself because of my (poor) previous results.

Durge
01-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Ok this is two requests that will be understood by all of the SWG players out there but for those of you who arent ill explain in great deatail. I have two requests for melee weapons. The first is for a weapon called a Scythe Blade that is like a two-handed weapon that could be used like the gorromian battleaxe. I have a pic of the weapon here http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abilities.html?swgability=3252

The second weapon i would like to request is called a Vibro Knuckler(VK) . The VK is a melee weapon that fits on your hand like brass knuckles and increeses melee attack. This could just be added to the fists when fighting with no weapon but now you can fight whith this and increse the attack. One again i have refrence pictures for the VK here http://swg.allakhazam.com/db/abilities.html?swgability=2683

ChAiNz.2da
01-08-2005, 03:15 AM
Huh?
I could swear that i posted a request here yesterday..

I know you did cuz I answered ;)

Scroll up about 6 posts.

T7's Removable Revan Mask+

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm

T7nowhere
01-08-2005, 06:13 AM
Huh?
I could swear that i posted a request here yesterday..
Maybe i didn't.
Anyway, I want a Revans Robes, (Full, with mask and everything,like in the cutscenes)
But without the cape.
Only hood, robe, mask.
Is this possible?
Why am i asking if it's possible? I know that it's 100% possible.

Yes, you did make a post here yesterday and I deleted it. The reason being another person before you Requested almost the same thing. I responded by pointing that user towards MY Revan Plus + mod which is located on my personal website. Then you made a post requesting almost the exact same thing and ChAiNz.2da responded. I felt that was sufficient and deleted your post in an effort to keep this thread clean.

If My mod is not to your likeing you can follow the advice I gave in my post 8th down from the top. Now Don't worry people are not ignoring you , But I would like it if you would please pay attention and so Im deleteing your second post Regarding this subject which has been discussed. But being the nice guy that I am I will leave your post quoted within my post incase someone wants to make your request exactly as you have asked instead of deleting it all together. I am not trying to disuade users from making requests But I do ask that you pay attention to what has been discussed.

Thank you.

Airrazor
01-08-2005, 07:00 AM
Some mod that skips Taris?....Does that one allready exist...if it doesn't anyone interested in making it?

Shrub91
01-08-2005, 01:37 PM
Can someone make these???

Request # 1:

A Medium Repeating Blaster using Ion Rifle Model & Skin, firing green bolts:

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Hvy Weapons

Name: Heavy Laser Rifle

Damage: Physical: 75-95

Range: 60 Meters

Critical Hit: 20-20

Stun: 10%

Attack Modifier: 20

Description:
A monster of a weapon, It is extremely accurate and can terminate an enemy in one shot even if the enemy has a personal shield.
Only one is known to exist.

Make the cheat to get it: hvy_lsr_rfl

----------------------------------------------------------

Request # 2:

using Cinnagar Blaster Carbine skin/model firing red bolts

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Blaster Rifle

Name: Republic Blaster Carbine

Damage: Physical: 40-50

Range: 50

Critical Hit: 17-20

Stun: 0%

Attack Modifier: 15

Description: Standard issue weapon for the republic marines corps, It is based on an experimental Mandalorian design.

Make the cheat to get it: rep_blstr_crbn
Request # 3:

Using Bothan quick draw skin/model, firing green bolts.

Feats Required: Weapon Prof. Blaster Pistol

Name: Republic Quick-Draw Pistol

Damage: Physical: 55-65

Range: 40 Meters

Critical Hit: 20-20 x2

Stun: 0 %

Attack Modifier: 10

Description:
A favorite among republic spies on the field, this pistol is virtually invisible under clothing to the naked eye until it is too late.

Make the cheat to get it: rep_quick-draw

P.S. NONE should be upgradable, They're already very powerful :) And please post em' on PcGameMods, Thank you VERY much in advance

Take your time with them!

T7nowhere EDIT: Please in the future if you have multiple request put them in the same post.

Darth333
01-08-2005, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Shrub91
A Blaster rifle using Ion Rifle Model & Skin, firing green bolts:
This is something you could easily make by yourself. It's an excellent place to get started with modding KotOR (and it;s definitely more rewardning and cooloer than to have someone doing it for you). Get Kotor tool and follow this tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253. I am not sure if that range is possible however.

Shrub91
01-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble Darth but I own a Mac and I haven't seen KotOR Tool for mac yet, If you have, please post the url for me

Edit: Thank you, T7 for jamming all my posts in one and as for not spamming ... I'll keep that in mind. :)

Colma Adawin
01-09-2005, 12:31 AM
Hey Modelers!!!!

i recently had a thought,

the GUNBLADE in Final Fantasy 8, i know that yes there is a problem with melee and ranged weaponry BUT, what if you coud make it so when you attack with the gunblade, an explosion would hit the enemy, just like in the game.

Gunblade:

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/final.fantasy.playstation/ff8-gunblade.jpg

http://coincointeubet.free.fr/lesrestes/img/Gunblade.JPG

Close-up on the engraved Griffin:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/tuvunen/tuomaan_rpg_sivut/ff8kuvia/muut_kuvat/gunblade.jpg

so if anyone would like to create this blade for me, and then add some kind of script that once you've hit the enemy, theres a little explosion, and obviasly, when you miss it doesnt explode.

this is most-likey to take a while, but if someone is commited to creating this, i will wait as long as it takes.

MattCole

Darkkender
01-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Airrazor
Some mod that skips Taris?....Does that one allready exist...if it doesn't anyone interested in making it?

While this conceivably sounds like an easy mod or a nice shortcut. Most modders here have had no interest in this particular type of mod. The reason is unlike the endar spire which is more of a introduction tutorial area, Taris introduces you completly to 2/3 of you NPC henchmen. Taris also build up a good chunk of the plot and character advancement that is needed for your character without Taris you end up skipping almost 1/5th of your game. There are also other factors to consider without Taris you never get a swoop bike or the Ebon Hawk never mind that alot of the sidequests and romances are driven by dialogues that must occur on Taris otherwise you can never have the Romance begin. Now I'm not trying to discourage you from requesting mods however Mods such as this destroy a good portion of the reason to play KOTOR.

If this is truly a mod that you would like then this is one that I might Recommend you attempting to learn to mod for. Because if you mod this one yourself you would definettley learn many of the modding skills that many of the veteran modders at Holowan have learned.

Renegade Angel
01-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I just had the coolest idea....A wrist-mounted Rocket Launcher!:D

Darkkender
01-09-2005, 11:06 AM
You'll get your wish in TSL, Mira has one

Lets here it for reverse engineering also known as backwards engineering. If it's there that means somebody will figure out how to make it backwards compatible maybe me.:D

T7nowhere
01-09-2005, 02:38 PM
Can someone please respond to my weapon request post? It's 5 posts up.
Can someone please post whether or not they want to do my mod request 10 posts up?

EDIT: and if this is considered spamming then i'm sorry, but i just would like some feedback!

Please do not spam. Understand that this is a request thread but, that does not mean your request will be made. It would be great if every single request was made by a modder. Unfortunately this is not the case. Now it is apprciated the detail that you have specified, But one of Holowans modders must be interested in making it.

So please be patient and do not spam this thread.

Originally posted by Darkkender
Lets here it for reverse engineering also known as backwards engineering. If it's there that means somebody will figure out how to make it backwards compatible maybe me.:D

Even if it were possible to take resources from TSL and port them to KotOR It would be highly illegal and would not be Supported by Lucasforums.That one weapon is one of TSL's big features ;)

Sith Stryker
01-09-2005, 08:02 PM
I would like a tut on how to make NPC headds for the PC. If there is one already can you point me to it? Also I really want to know how to make reflections. I know when you compile a model for a game called Counter-Strike: Source you have to make a "shiney" map to make the reflections. I notice on the .tgas that reflect have a low opacity to a clear layer. Is that how you do it? I wanna really get into KOTOR modding so any help would be cool.

Master_Sage
01-10-2005, 02:43 AM
Hi, I hope you still do mods and stuff, because I have a request that is both unusual but probably dead easy.

All I want is a picture (not a mod) of Bastila, just regular Bastila with dark hair etc, in black, dark jedi robes - not the blue ones.

I think the master one would be better, I'm not sure if there is a difference though.

And I'm not sure it really counts as a mod either, because all I really want it for, is a friend who has been going insane trying to use photoshop to alter a normal Bastila to make her outfit black.

I tried searching online, but didn't find what my friend's after.

So if you would be so kind as to email me a JPG or similarly smaller format file (BMPs and PSDs are just too huge) of normal Bastila with normal hair in normal dark jedi master robes, I would be so grateful. If possible, I'd like the file to be no smaller in size than say about 500 pixels across or wide - my friend Tara is just mad about Bastila and I promised I'd help her find the pic she is after so she can admire it or something.

The background doesn't matter, it can be Dantooine or Taris, whatever. I'd do this myself if I knew how (and if my crappy pc wasn't so.. crappy) but I don't.

One last thing, if this is as easy a task as I think it is, and if you feel both creative and generous with your services, would you mind sending maybe a few Bastila pics of this kind? At least one normal but maybe also one or two with minor facial tatoos and or markings on the robe? (as long as her hair and the robe are still black, she likes black - its stealthy, tho the robe markings could be different of course)

Please put no "headgear" on her (you know, like visors or anything) and if you can give her a saber, maybe make it single bladed and not red, please?

I've scoured through Google using different criteria, and found buckleys.. until I found this forum. I am convinced you are the best person to ask such thing.

Help me T7nowhere, you're my only hope.

Darkkender
01-10-2005, 05:23 AM
Even if it were possible to take resources from TSL and port them to KotOR It would be highly illegal and would not be Supported by Lucasforums.That one weapon is one of TSL's big features ;)

It's good to know that so that I don't jump the gun. Now I am curious To what stage is it crossing the line. Because what I meant by reverse engineering was to find out if it was script driven and could be easily replicated with the resources we already have, NOT to use those from KOTOR 2. Would this still be Illegal using KOTOR 1 resources, or is it too much of a grey area too not take the chance?

To: Master_Sage;

Your question is So readily easy you'll Feint. It's called a screenshot. All you have to do is push your print screen button in game. Infact if you read KOTOR's readme it tells you how to set your game up for screenshots just incase it isn't already.
Also as a reference visit pcgamemods.com and look at the various screenies of peoples robes & other items and you may find an image that fits your needs just right click and save as. In fact you may find more than what you bargained for.:cool:

Shrub91
01-10-2005, 12:13 PM
Please do not spam. Understand that this is a request thread but, that does not mean your request will be made. It would be great if every single request was made by a modder. Unfortunately this is not the case. Now it is apprciated the detail that you have specified, But one of Holowans modders must be interested in making it.

So please be patient and do not spam this thread.

That is why I would love a Mac KotOR Tool. Because I doubt anybody would be interested ... And before you say anything, I just don't have enough money to spare to buy one for PC.
(if someone could pm me the stock files so i could have the reference i need, i would wuv them)

Master_Sage
01-10-2005, 11:10 PM
To: Master_Sage;

Your question is So readily easy you'll Feint. It's called a screenshot. All you have to do is push your print screen button in game. Infact if you read KOTOR's readme it tells you how to set your game up for screenshots just incase it isn't already.
Also as a reference visit pcgamemods.com and look at the various screenies of peoples robes & other items and you may find an image that fits your needs just right click and save as. In fact you may find more than what you bargained for.:cool:

I think I know what you mean, but unfortunately, my only access to KotOR is on Xbox :( otherwise I would have tried that already.. athough since you mentioned it..:D maybe you wouldn't mind sending me some screen shots? if so, my email is Please use PM's

BeautifulPsycho
01-11-2005, 01:19 PM
I have a simple mod request. Is it possible to make the 'darkundies' into equipable clothing? I can explain what they look like, but I think a screenshot is easier..
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/9802/kotor26uq.jpg
Tia ^_^; (This is probably like 5 minutes work, but still tia XD)

Emperor Devon
01-11-2005, 03:05 PM
I have a simple mod request, which I hope someone could make in their spare time, since I am too inept to make it.

I loved the Dark Side Choker, but there was one problem with it: It took too long to kill people with it. So, I was wondering if someone could make a Dark Side Choker that would do... ten or twenty times as much damage. Since I never use the Dark Side Choker in combat, I don't think it would be a cheap mod. Just a way to kill non-fightable NPCs faster. :D

I also have a second one. After playing KOTOR 2, I thought it was a good idea how the character in the startup screen would change. So I was wondering if someone could make an alternate startup which replaces Malak with the Revan model that has the cape, hood, and mask. Since all the figure on the startup screen does is look around, it wouldn't look that bad.

Yes, it is wierd I am posting a KOTOR request since I own KOTOR 2.

I hope these mods aren't too difficult to make! :D

Shrub91
01-11-2005, 03:10 PM
EXTREMELY simple request... A blaster rifle (the silver one, a.k.a. the weakest one) that fires green bolts.

Name: Republic Blaster Rifle

Weapon Proficiency: Blaster Rifle

Damage: Energy: 45-50

Range: 40 Meters

Critical Hit: 20-20

On Hit: Stun: 25%

Attack Modifier: 9

Description: The standard issue blaster rifle of the Republic Air Force Special Forces security guards.

cheat code: blaster_rifle01

tk102
01-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Emperor Devon
I loved the Dark Side Choker,Thank you. :D but there was one problem with it: It took too long to kill people with it. So, I was wondering if someone could make a Dark Side Choker that would do... ten or twenty times as much damage. Since I never use the Dark Side Choker in combat, I don't think it would be a cheap mod. Just a way to kill non-fightable NPCs faster. :D

Perhaps a spontaneous combustion armband would be more to your liking? One that only works on non-friends, and non-enemies? :devsmoke: Did you try the latest (http://www.pcgamemods.com/9390/) version of the Darkside Choker, and if so, did you want to keep the Warning Shot functionality?

Hmm... maybe a spontaneous Chained Lightning armband too... hmm...

Emperor Devon
01-11-2005, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by tk102
Thank you. :D

Perhaps a spontaneous combustion armband would be more to your liking? One that only works on non-friends, and non-enemies? :devsmoke: Did you try the latest (http://www.pcgamemods.com/9390/) version of the Darkside Choker, and if so, did you want to keep the Warning Shot functionality?

Hmm... maybe a spontaneous Chained Lightning armband too... hmm...

Only works on non-friends non-enemies? I hate to sound like I'm complaining, but some NPCs (well, a lot) like Taris citizens, Anchorhead citizens, etc. Count as enemies, since when I used the spawn enemies on demmand armband, the Sith Assassins wouldn't attack those people, but they would attack some selkath who I couldn't choke. Does the new choker do ten or twenty times more damage?

I saw your chained lightning mod... It's great. :D

tk102
01-11-2005, 04:31 PM
But you said:
Since I never use the Dark Side Choker in combat
So that would be non-enemies, and I assume you wouldn't want to kill your party members. Just neutrals.

If the selkath are being attacked by enemies, then they are considered "friends" (that is, they have the same Faction as you: 2).

I guess the armband could all non-party members...

you're the requestor...

(The new armband btw does the same amount of damge: 2/3 of your hit dice).

Teancum
01-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd like to see more standardized colors of lightsabers. Or in other words, more colors, but with the same white core. Inparticular:

-Orange*
-Dark Red
-Light Blue

T7nowhere
01-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by BeautifulPsycho
I have a simple mod request. Is it possible to make the 'darkundies' into equipable clothing? I can explain what they look like, but I think a screenshot is easier..
http://img95.exs.cx/img95/9802/kotor26uq.jpg
Tia ^_^; (This is probably like 5 minutes work, but still tia XD)

I made a similar mod a while ago as a request. What this one does is make Bastila's Darkside Undies equipable. I explain in detail how I made it in the readme, But if you have any questions about how to make it for the PC DS Underoos feel free to PM me.
Bastila's Dom suit (http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/files/bastila%20suit.rar)

Bobo
01-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Hello Big Shot Modders who i adore... lol

i have some Mod Ideas to blast into the Web.

1, is a few Lightsaber Models, in the Game, Star Wars Galaxies, once you become a jedi, 13 Models are Available to you. Most are from the movies, such as Qui-Gons, Obi-wans (old and new) Lukes, etc. but theres one that i really like. its This a Bit Bent Lightsaber Hilt with a black top and a red button. its File name is
"Nebu" now he must be a jedi but i dont know who... he dont appear in the SW DAtabase. but it would be cool to have this mod. it looks best with a Green Blade or a Purple Blade. :)

2. a Padawan Head. You know the padawans with their Military Haircut and braid hmm? well what would be nice is to have one. Theres a few heads with the Buzz Cut, such as the selectable one that looks a bit like Trask, and Trask. Because the Braid is thin and barely seeable it wouldnt be much of a Requirement, but maybe the little pony-tail at the back of the head. I know it was on Obi-wan but anakin? i dont know.

3. Svosh's Mech Malak is a truely wonderful Skin. but since Episode III is coming out, it would be awsome to replace Malak with General Grevious! it wouldnt be hard, take a look at some of the Grevious photos in the star wars Databank, he has a White Robotic Body with Animal-Like Eyes.

4. Malak, what a strange person he is, like revan he has basicly no pre-Mandolorian War history. Malak is taller then other humans and has no hair... There must be a planet with a Speical Human-like race (sorta like Quinlan Vos) Full of Malak-Like PEople. Maybe someone could create A malak history Sidequest.

5. Zabraks, one of the most Interesting Races. They have horns but they also have hair....

6. Recolor the Ebon Hawk! while i used to scan through the files i noticed the Ebon Hawk's Textures. maybe we could add some Flames on the side.....

7. Redecorate the Ebon Hawk! That ship's interior is like a Freight Ship. we could use a Vibrating bed, maybe some Shag Rugs and a Heart Shaped Couch...

8. The Jedi Council... its a bit... Too small......... Maybe we could add some new Charachters. Like a Jedi Master to be your master on the quest. Remember your a Neophyte Padawan.

9. You know that woman whos obsessed with her droid? Maybe we could continue that.... say you rescue the droid and you find her on Manaan fighting Selkath for her droid... because he killed someone! we could use more Trials...

10. For those who favor the darkside.... make a mod that allows you to kill anyone you want. you could make the Selkath Extinct.... or Kill all the jedi! no.... Kill all of the wookiees!

Bobo
01-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Also you could edit something to make you receive all Taris Party members after leaving hte endar spire so you can virtually Skip Taris without missing anything.

Sith Stryker
01-14-2005, 02:08 AM
Most the things you ask are impossible.

Shrub91
01-14-2005, 04:34 AM
10. For those who favor the darkside.... make a mod that allows you to kill anyone you want. you could make the Selkath Extinct.... or Kill all the jedi! no.... Kill all of the wookiees!

Kill wookiees?! Are you insane?!

Darth333
01-14-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Master Bobo
Also you could edit something to make you receive all Taris Party members after leaving hte endar spire so you can virtually Skip Taris without missing anything.
You can always use my party manager armband to add the party members you want and warp to dantoine then use tk102's KSE to grant you some XP. However if you do this, do it at your own risks. There maybe scripts that check what happened on Taris once you get to Dantoine or go to another planet so it is possible that the game would freeze at some point.

Teancum
01-14-2005, 06:10 AM
I just thought of another few. Sith Trooper armour with the helmet separate, mandolorian armour with the helmet separate, and Boba-ish mandalorian armour with the helmet separate.

90SK
01-14-2005, 08:24 AM
Well, having the helmets to those models is a possibility, though there would be some major clipping issues. As for the armors without heads, I'm not sure. I don't think so, but I'm not that knowledgable in that subject. ;)

Darkkender
01-14-2005, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Darth333
You can always use my party manager armband to add the party members you want and warp to dantoine then use tk102's KSE to grant you some XP. However if you do this, do it at your own risks. There maybe scripts that check what happened on Taris once you get to Dantoine or go to another planet so it is possible that the game would freeze at some point.

And keep in mind the biggest bug/glitch/error you will encounter doing this is you won't have the Ebon Hawk.

Also don't plan on ever completing the Romance quests. These quests search for certain dialogue branches being spoken before you ever leave Taris if your first 3 conversations that are auto prompted for you are not held on Taris you will never be able to complete The Romance plots with Bastilla or Carth.

There also other Global variables that are floating around on Taris that without them being triggered cause other game glitches.

So lets see in addition to what Darth333 has covered I suppose you would need to use KSE to change some Global Variables. But I ask With all of that Cheating and skipping of Core Story Line What is the point to playing a RPG Game of this caliber?

Darth333
01-14-2005, 09:05 AM
And keep in mind the biggest bug/glitch/error you will encounter doing this is you won't have the Ebon Hawk. Erm...the Ebon Hawk is a module just like any other one. Don't think of a ship that flies :D The area model on Dantoine and every landing area on other planet includes the Ebon Hawk model...so this is not a problem at all: the Ebon Hawk will be there.

Also don't plan on ever completing the Romance quests. These quests search for certain dialogue branches being spoken before you ever leave Taris if your first 3 conversations that are auto prompted for you are not held on Taris you will never be able to complete The Romance plots with Bastilla or Carth. then try the romance mod: it's in the Tools and Mod sticky.

So lets see in addition to what Darth333 has covered I suppose you would need to use KSE to change some Global Variables. This is a possibility as I mentionned above though I haven't checked the scripts and it may be possible that it could work too. I don't think there are many scripts that refer to what you did on Taris later on in the game.

Bobo
01-14-2005, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Sith Stryker
Most the things you ask are impossible.

uhmmmm to those experianced. almost all are possible. nothing is impossible.

--Plus i would try to make a More Expanded jedi stuff... i would love to make a recruitable Jedi Master you can have on Dantooine then loose him for like HK-47 or something.

Bobo
01-14-2005, 06:33 PM
okay, just double checked and no-one seems interested in even looking into this request :( i was just wondering if a modeler is looking into this idea

MattCole

Question bout that Matt, do you hold it as a gun or a sword? lol

make it starwarsy, make it a gun Saber Hilt lol

EDIT: not wanting to double post. But a mod to Increase the Chances of Combat with Dark Jedi. Wouldnt it be cool to be ambushed on Manaan by some Dark Jedi, then have to go to Trial because of the murders?

I fancy Saber Duels and theres very few of them in the game :(

Also to those modelers, Xavier2 was making a new Advanced Version of the Jedi Robes. now i propse someone edits the Bastila Outfit, removing her glovelike things and makeing it an oversized Robe-like cuffs. catch my drift?

Also which Romance Mod Version supports romance with Juhani?

Also last bit, is there, or can someone make, a new History story line with Juhani, allowing you to turn her back to the darkside. cause i like pretending she is my padawan and it kinda sucks killin her lol

---------Bobo:c3po: :c3po:

EDIT2: What mod has this strange Rakgoul Over-spawn and speical armor and guns for Carth and Canderous? i had it.... i had to reinstall... but i forgot which one it was. Please tell me if you know which :D --:c3po: :c3po:

Colma Adawin
01-15-2005, 01:07 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Master Bobo
[B]Question bout that Matt, do you hold it as a gun or a sword? lol

make it starwarsy, make it a gun Saber Hilt lol

well, it was to have it held like a SWORD, but if you hit the enemy, a minor explosion hits them, you miss, no explosion.

just like, FF8, but yea, it is out of character for SW?

Hmmmmmmm..........

MattCole

Nymf...
01-15-2005, 06:00 AM
hello there!

im sort of a lazy guy to read all wishes so im sorry if anyone already asked for it and im not good of useing progs . to make mods and stuff myself:(

at any rate there is actually two types of "robes" id like to have...

1. is sort of Malaks robe in vision when he and revan is entering the ruins at dantooine..

2. are those jedi robes the jedis are useing at the star forge(and the one the jedi who fights at the endar spire has), and maybe as start robes (if possible), i only found two diffrent of em and its the light brown/beige (or dunno how to spell the color) and the same as the jedi you talk to has ( brown)

again sorry if anyone already asked for it, but i havent been able to find em anywhere...

and im sorry for my english if its ver bad...

anyway thanks

/Nymf

Shrub91
01-15-2005, 07:33 AM
can someone make a mod that lets you kil ALL the czerka goons? (especially Janos Wertka on Kashyykk) :cool:

Bobo
01-15-2005, 08:28 AM
Hmmmm you can tempt Zaalbar but you cant do it. sort of like Yuka Laka.... now who could make that? *cough*Darth333*cough*

Yeah but Killing all the Czerka, yeah its better then wookiees.

plus try to keep those two merchants with the droid and stuff too if u choose the good side.

DarthVaxis
01-15-2005, 10:48 AM
Hmm, most of my mods are requests for models/skins, here we go:

Darth Vader's Lightsaber Hilt

Luke Skywalker's Lightsaber hilt from RotJ

Luke Skywalker's 'robe' which is really just a solid black jumpsuit of sorts with a belt and boots and a high collar. But not using any of the actual robe models, since I don't like KotoR's robe models much.

More sounds shem! In particular, I want the sound of the DLT 19 rifle that Chewie uses in Ep IV, the imperial scout pistol (Qs25 or something, Mono made the model) from rotj, the republic blaster rifle from rotj (the strike band uses them, it's higher pitched than E11)

An additional mod to the current storm trooper mod that makes the red sith soldiers wear red pauldrons like the sand troopers did.

A reskin of the republic soldiers that makes their clothes like the ones that the guards on the Tantive IV used, the helmet shape is the same but they aren't red/yellow

magnoliafan78
01-16-2005, 01:37 AM
A few ideas I had for mods would be:

Probably easy:
1) A mod leaving the "bash" option selectable at all times, so you could attack NPCs in a similar manner to the "Dark Side Choker" mod. It would be cool to fire off your blasters whenever you wanted, instead of just brandishing them.
2) A mod that caused enemies in certain areas to respawn after a short time, allowing you to fight and level up more frequently. The Rakghouls and Gammoreans on Taris, the Kath hounds on Dantooine, and the enemies you fight in the Shadowlands of Kashyyyk, and the Rancors on the Unknown world are a few places that I could think of offhand.
3) More little events along the lines of being jumped by the drunks on Taris, would be cool to add. They just added a little charm to the game.

Probably not so easy:
4) Making the mines that kill the Krayt Dragon on Tatooine malfunction and not get the job done, leading to a boss fight vs the Krayt Dragon. I was really looking forward to fighting that thing and then BAM! That was it... It just seems like a missed opportunity for a cool boss.
5) Expanding the character select screen by a few slots, so that people's "recruit _____" mods would not overwrite other characters in the game.

I may eventually try to work on such things myself, but I own a mac, so it complicates things.

T7nowhere
01-16-2005, 07:36 AM
Hey, guys can we please stay on topic. Lets keep discussion of mod debugging outside of this thread. If its nessesary start a new thread.

Thanks

Bobo
01-16-2005, 11:22 AM
hmm a Mod that Made the user a One HAnded stance, like take the animation of Force Lightening and switching it with the Idle stance of a lightsaber. Wala

-----------
:c3po:

Shrub91
01-17-2005, 11:01 AM
REQUESTS!!!

an equipable Chicago Cubs Baseball cap!

an equipable woodland camo Army cap?

an equipable woodland camo Army Boonie hat?

an equipable armor thats army clothes with a flak jacket? (hint hint...use scout's clothes)

Odabhsoj2
01-17-2005, 11:24 AM
I was wondering if someone could make a Darth Sion skin for KOTOR for pc that would be amazing I am sure someone here can do it.

P.S. I am new!

rueski
01-17-2005, 12:07 PM
First time posting, but everytime I play through KOTOR it's always a bummer never to get the standard armor the republic soldiers wear.

Anybody know if there's been a mod for it released? If not, how hard would it be for one of you experts to throw a wearable version together?

Thanks.

Darth333
01-17-2005, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by rueski
First time posting, but everytime I play through KOTOR it's always a bummer never to get the standard armor the republic soldiers wear.

Anybody know if there's been a mod for it released? If not, how hard would it be for one of you experts to throw a wearable version together?

Thanks.
Actually that's pretty easy to do. There are already a couple mods for this at pcgamemods I think. If you don't find anything, then perhaps you could do it by yourself. If you want to mod swkotor, this is a good place to start :)

Darkkender
01-17-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by rueski

Thanks.

This might help as well.

TemporaryTomato's website (http://www.freewebs.com/temporarytomato/)

also

Achilles Website (http://www.freewebs.com/achilles01/armor.htm) has a republic battle armor mod maybe to your liking. I would hurry up and DL from here as this site will be closing soon.

And beyond that what Darth333 suggested.

Magus Kyros
01-17-2005, 08:42 PM
I was wondering if there is a mod that has extra classes you can choose from. If not, that would be great if you can choose more than 3 types of basic classes(soldier, scoundrel, scout).

For example, bounty hunter...uh, can't think of anything else =x.

T7nowhere
01-18-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Magus Kyros
I was wondering if there is a mod that has extra classes you can choose from. If not, that would be great if you can choose more than 3 types of basic classes(soldier, scoundrel, scout).

For example, bounty hunter...uh, can't think of anything else =x.

Making new classes to be usable from the char-gen screen is not possible. We can alter the current classes but do to the way classes are used in the game its not possible to add more options.

But if you have a specific class in mind its easy enough to edit one of the starting classes with new stats. however to avoide game halting bugs its best to leave name the edited class intact.

countzero
01-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Hallo there! Let me first say that there are some great mods here but I'm surprised that there isn't one that lets you advance to levels higher than the 20th. I mean since you get the experience it would be nice to gain some more levels as a Jedi during the end of the game...

Mach1
01-19-2005, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Odabhsoj2
I was wondering if someone could make a Darth Sion skin for KOTOR for pc that would be amazing I am sure someone here can do it.

P.S. I am new! Yes..That whould totally rock! :guitar2

And eh..a Republic Officers Cap

tk102
01-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by countzero
Hallo there! Let me first say that there are some great mods here but I'm surprised that there isn't one that lets you advance to levels higher than the 20th. I mean since you get the experience it would be nice to gain some more levels as a Jedi during the end of the game...

There's a reason for that... it can't be done. It's probably one of the first things attempted by folks in this forum.
http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126574

magnoliafan78
01-19-2005, 08:23 AM
I had another idea for combining and altering a few existing mods.

My friend was playing KotOR on the Xbox. He had reached the unknown world and was wondering why he had one blank slot in his party selection this late in the game.
When I looked it over, I came to the realization that he never got Juhani. After further inquiries, I found out that he had killed her off.

It then occurred to me, instead of replacing current characters like T-3, it might be possible to insert some sort of script that makes the game look for Juhani before initializing the recruiting of the new dialogue.
For example, if you reached Korriban and had killed Juhani or otherwise not managed to get her to join you, then you would be presented with the option to recruit Yuthura in her stead, if you turn Yuthura back to the light.
In a way it would be like the optional characters in TSL.
Another scenario with a new recruitable would be to have a certain character arrive at the time you recruit the character and object, forcing you to pick between the two. A fight could then ensue and whomever you chose not to support would then be killed off, giving them a little closure in the story.

tk102
01-19-2005, 09:15 AM
It then occurred to me, instead of replacing current characters like T-3, it might be possible to insert some sort of script that makes the game look for Juhani before initializing the recruiting of the new dialogue.
Yes that's quite doable. Glad that you're thinking along these lines. Perhaps you are considering doing a mod yourself? :) Are you asking for someone to customize the Yuthura mod or is your question hypothetical?

Darth333
01-19-2005, 09:20 AM
If I remember correctly I inserted scripts to check who is in your party in my Party Manager Armband. You could look at it if you want to make this mod.

magnoliafan78
01-19-2005, 09:24 AM
I would be trying to figure it out except for one thing that hinders me at the moment, a lack of mac tools for KotOR.
ChAiNz mentioned knowing how to mod on a mac, so I have asked him, but at present I am unable to.
I thought it would be cool if someone did update the recruitable NPC mods for something like that, so I figured I would toss the idea out there.
If I had to choose one that I really wanted to see done it would be the Yuthura mod. I always felt jipped when you redeem her and then she feels unworthy to join you.

tk102
01-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Darth333 pondered:
If I remember correctly I inserted scripts to check who is in your party in my Party Manager Armband. You could look at it if you want to make this mod.

There are stock scripts available for this:

k_con_junahilive -- is Juhani alive?
k_con_juhaniispm -- is she currently a Party Member?
k_con_juhaniisnpm -- is she not a Party Member (may be back on the Ebon Hawk)
--------------------

magnoliafan78 tosses an idea

I guess you are asking someone to modify the Yuthura mod to check for the presence of Juhani and have that as a required condition for recruitment... :) Just trying to "worm out" your request.

magnoliafan78
01-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Yeah, the idea would be basically that if you killed her or never recruited her on Dantooine, Yuthura turns up as an alternative.

Kind of like Handmaiden and Disciple or Hanharr and Mira. You could get one or the other, but not both.

Jamps
01-19-2005, 11:02 AM
Would it be possible to have a usable datapad ingame? (like one you can put messages on such as stuff you want to remember from the game.)

I don't have Kotor for the PC yet (so I obviously don't know how to mod) but I think it would be a neat idea.

Darth333
01-19-2005, 11:10 AM
Erm..no, not possible. Better stick with pen and paper.

Moving this to the Mod requests sticky.

magnoliafan78
01-19-2005, 11:16 AM
Oh, Darth, here's one more for you, though it may be a royal pain...
Would it be possible to make an AIOFP mod release that wasn't in an exe form?
The exe renders it sadly unusable for us poor mac users...

PS: I also noticed that you made the Dustil recruitable mod...
My Yuthura idea would be pretty cool for a future version of that mod, too.

Darth333
01-19-2005, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by magnoliafan78
The exe renders it sadly unusable for us poor mac users... I am planning to update the AIOFPM during the weekend. The reason why I put it in an .exe file is that there are hundreds of files so it diminishes the risks of messing up with the installation. If you want, PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the files separately.

ChAiNz.2da
01-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Neo Vatter
Would it be possible to have a usable datapad ingame? (like one you can put messages on such as stuff you want to remember from the game.)

As Darth333 stated, it isn't possible for 'useable' datapad. However, if you want to have a vital piece of info in the game without having to search for that scratch pad, you can edit/make a datapad containing pertinent info. (modding)

I've made "Cheat Code" datapads (not released to public) that I keep in my pc's inventory. They really help for being able to find the code for other modder's "giveitem" codes that aren't included on the "cheat" sites & such.

::EDIT ::
Darth333, your new avatar freaked me out! I thought I was seeing things at first because I could've sworn it was brown, then it was black...no wait, it's brown..no arggh! ;)

tk102
01-19-2005, 11:45 AM
The exe renders it sadly unusable for us poor mac users...

PS: I also noticed that you made the Dustil recruitable mod...
My Yuthura idea would be pretty cool for a future version of that mod, too.
Ooh, I have to second this request... :p

Maybe I can get of hold of Darth333 by PM...

And Chainz.2da, that's a cool idea.

alyt_valen
01-19-2005, 02:21 PM
I was wondering that with all the modding being done for things like Clone and Storm Trooper armor and Jango Fett's armor if there was anyone thinking of doing the ARC (Advanced Recon Commando) Trooper armor from the Clone Wars mini-cartoon series and the Star Wars Expanded universe by any chance? I'm just curious because I'm currently using the mod that changes all of the Republic troops into Clone Troops and the Sith troops into Storm Troopers and I was thinking that an ARC Trooper suit of armor would be useful in the game.

Just throwing that out there.

:duel:

Mono_Giganto
01-19-2005, 02:30 PM
Welcome to the forums, but first, I'm going to say-

The first two words in your thread title are "A request." This means that it goes into the request thread at the top of the page. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to put you down or anything, but I'm just letting you know for future requests. :)

And about the ARC trooper, I think Bneezy started working on it, but probably abandoned it. He and Xavier2 are the only people who have successfully edited a body mesh that I can recall at the moment... Svosh did one too I think... Dunno if anyone else did. So this is looking pretty slim unless Bneezy picks it back up. :rolleyes:

Allronix
01-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Now, I'm not quite up to making my own mods from scratch yet (though I figured out the arts of editing 2DA files and dlg files. My copy of KOTOR Tool doesn't want to bring up the utc/uti editors, BTW. Any alternative programs?). But for those who are further along the curve than I am...

1) Scoundrel to "Civilian"

Basically, edit out references to the PC having a smuggling background and subsiture it with "Bastila's translator" or other civilian background. Feat and skill gains like scoundrel, but without Sneak Attack or Scoundrel's Luck. (NO class-based feats until PC goes Jedi).

I already do this on my game using a save-game editor, but someone else might want the challenge. (I know it's not possible at startup, but perhaps a mod to change the class?)

2) Sith Base on Kashyyyk

Why not? They're in bed with Czerka, and no modder has done much of anything with this planet. Hide in in the Shadowlands and set to it with Zaalbar and Jolee.

3) Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest

(accessed on Korriban, natch) This powerful Sith Illusionist lures the PC inside an illusion of the Ebon Hawk, complete with crew. But the illusions of the crew either have to be fought, or outwitted. Doing so would present an opportunity to get some insanely powerful items.

4) Am I the only one who thinks the default clothing is unflattering? Maybe someone has some good ideas for a fashion show (and if those clothes can have armor stats, all the cooler)

5) Additional character banters. I'd love to see a Canderous/Juhani squabble. Or how about a Zaalbar and Jolee side conversation?

Shrub91
01-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, the ARC trooper has a skirt-type thing and since making things that 'flow' isn't really possible at the moment, You might have to wait a while

EnderWiggin
01-21-2005, 02:48 AM
# 3 Sounds really cool.

_EW_

Darkkender
01-21-2005, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Allronix

2) Sith Base on Kashyyyk

Why not? They're in bed with Czerka, and no modder has done much of anything with this planet. Hide in in the Shadowlands and set to it with Zaalbar and Jolee.

3) Tomb of Jesset Dal'Kest

(accessed on Korriban, natch) This powerful Sith Illusionist lures the PC inside an illusion of the Ebon Hawk, complete with crew. But the illusions of the crew either have to be fought, or outwitted. Doing so would present an opportunity to get some insanely powerful items.

4) Am I the only one who thinks the default clothing is unflattering? Maybe someone has some good ideas for a fashion show (and if those clothes can have armor stats, all the cooler)

5) Additional character banters. I'd love to see a Canderous/Juhani squabble. Or how about a Zaalbar and Jolee side conversation?

Okay I'll be brave here and I will say that I'll go ahead and try to tackle some of the above. I've been trying to get the hang of area module making so this would be a good chance. I'll try tackeling number 3 and maybe #2. Since #5 is just some extra dialogue branches with conditional scripts that should be pretty easy. As to #4 there have actually been a variety of clothing mods out there some that give armor stats others that are extravegant I would say go check out pcgamemods.com alot of our mods are hosted there.

Jamps
01-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Never mind, been answered :bdroid2:

JediKnight72482
01-21-2005, 09:31 PM
Hello, I am fairly new to the KOTOR modding world, as I have just gotten the computer version (beat the xbox version last year). Its been a while since ive modded anything (last game beind Total Annihilation, if anyone remembers the Stormcrow tank killer vtol, or the Condor claoking bomber, those were mine.. plus i helped with TA: War In Space.. the Starwing was my model).
Anyways, since I suck at graphics, and all attempts to make my own lightsabers fail somehow... i was hoping someone might be able to help me with a "robe" and 2 custom sabers, a shortsaber and regular lightsaber. no modeling, just texturing and item creation. here is the information for the robe and lightsabers..

The robe would be for a female main character, and use bastila's outfit as a base model (only outfit i can recall that has the "loincloth" part in front and back). Id like the outfit to look like Kasumi's sleeveless white outfit from the Dead Or Alive series, including the white thigh-high stockings and the armsock things. as for the sabers, id like them to sortof look like katana hilts. the blades would be light pink. As for stats, i woujld like them to be something the character could use the entire game, so maybe the robe could have some decent defence, no max dex bonus, and some dex and cha bonuses. the lightsabers need not be special. lastly, it would be great if they could all be named Xia's Robes and Xia's Lightsaber/Shortsaber, and placed in the footlocker in the beginning room of the Endar Spire (Im using the force sensitive mod by camerson).
If whomever decides to tackle this request needs examples for the robes and lightsabers, send me a pm.

PoM
01-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Errhm...
I want..A saber!
Got my inspiration from....T7Nowhere!
I was thinking about it when I made the single blade, but Kun's double saber is really a converted single so it is really short. So if the hilt is to short when its being held it will look like the blade is being held and not the hilt. If I were to make it it would only be in the style of Kun's.

Yes!!
I want a double bladed saber, without a hilt!
Just the blade!
Like a double vibroblade but a saber..I mean..Ah, a double saber without a hilt.

Can anyone do this? ^_^

Mono_Giganto
01-22-2005, 12:52 PM

I thought the same thing a while back, and started a recruit mod, where the npc would spawn on Korriban after you killed Belaya. You could only fight Belaya on Korriban if you killed Juhani. Which means that slot would be blank. Unfortunately I never finished it, I'm not sure why, I was very close to being finished and I just tossed it off, but it's uploaded to my old website, kind of just sitting there.

Mach1
01-23-2005, 12:18 AM
An Emperor's Guard armor and helmet..U know..They are those guys dressed in red..:guard:

commando1968
01-23-2005, 05:26 PM
I think we need a new planet. Something that is as good as Ord Mandell. Must haves are...

1. Swoop Track (big payouts)
2. Duel Ring (like one on Taris but possibly vs. more than one person)
3. New side quests (DUH!)
4. Semi-challenging to super challenging enemies
5. A cantina (everyone's favorite place for a drink;) )
6. Therapy shop (massages *drools*)
7. New merchants and merchandise
8. New armor, weapons, the "works"

Can't think of much else.
This is just an idea:D .

commando1968
01-23-2005, 05:28 PM
How about a skin based on Leia? Perhaps Leia's metal bikini?:cool:

90SK
01-23-2005, 06:22 PM
^^^^

Well, theoretically that could be made using the underwear skin of all the female PCs, though I suggest just playing K2 instead (they have one there;) )

I have a question, actually. I don't remember ever seeing this (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/CaptainSkye/Temp/Mandalorian.jpg) armor actually inside the game. Could someone tell me when it shows up?

Fearless_Jedi
01-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Alright now I have made some requests in the past and I might as well do it again. most of the time I at least get pointed into the right direction on doing it myself. However this is not the case with this request because it requires some artistic ability of which I lack much.

If it is possible I request a gold color like the one in JA.
Next would be a dark green color which as a reference I only have the jedi in the first volume of Star Wars Empires Comic Collection(if anyone has it).

Emperor Devon
01-23-2005, 09:20 PM
okay, I have a mod request, though I doubt anyone will make it. The possibility is slim, but it's worth asking.

I was wondering if someone could make the Revan outfilt (the one with the cape, hood and mask) into an item, only without the cape. Why am I asking this instead of continuing to use the Revan's mask+ mod? The answer is the maslk shows some of your character's ceeks and hair.

ChAiNz.2da
01-24-2005, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
If it is possible I request a gold color like the one in JA.
Next would be a dark green color which as a reference I only have the jedi in the first volume of Star Wars Empires Comic Collection(if anyone has it).
Gold & Green what? Saber Blades, Robes, Armor, etc?

I might be able to conjure something up (or may already have ;) )

Fearless_Jedi
01-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors

Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Alright, not really a request-more of a question. I need to know if any of you modelers are making an Anakin Skywalker Episode 2 lightsaber anytime soon. I was considering making one to kick off TSL (if saber models are similar) and of course would make it in KOTOR first. But if it is already started, I shall go ahead and work on my next project. ;) Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.

EDIT: Picture of the saber for you non-hardcore SW fans (love this saber for some reason, own the replica of it.)

http://www.thesabervault.com/files/MasterReplicas/Items/Anakinbig.jpg

ChAiNz.2da
01-24-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by BoL_Stryke
Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.
Not sure about the "anyone currently modeling the saber" part, but svösh suggests keeping the model under 1,000 poly's. T7's "Blood of Malevolance" saber is around 1,300 (correct me if I'm wrong T7), but my game has no problems running it being at that count (not to mention it looks bad-ass ;) )

Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 02:28 PM
In that case, I will probably start working on it but I am not that good at modelling so if someone beats me to it, I will gladly move on.

P.S. Can't wait for that Dooku saber model!

Darkkender
01-24-2005, 06:31 PM
Alright, not really a request-more of a question. I need to know if any of you modelers are making an Anakin Skywalker Episode 2 lightsaber anytime soon. I was considering making one to kick off TSL (if saber models are similar) and of course would make it in KOTOR first. But if it is already started, I shall go ahead and work on my next project. ;) Also, what is a good polycount in KOTOR for a custom saber hilt? I am not that good at modeling so I am not even sure if I could do it yet but hey...maybe it will work.

EDIT: Picture of the saber for you non-hardcore SW fans (love this saber for some reason, own the replica of it.)

That looks alot like the anakin saber that t7nowhere has included with his lightsaber 6 pack at his site.

Darth Stryke
01-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Well, most of anakins sabers do look similar. However, T7's is anakins Episode 3 saber (the one luke gets in ep4) and the one I posted is his episode 2 saber. Best saber info site around is this one for reference (everyone) :D

http://www.thelightsaber.com/

T7nowhere
01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
svösh has Made that ep 2 Hilt, But has not yet released.

Darth Stryke
01-25-2005, 07:59 AM
Cool, then I shall pester him via PM until it is released :p (Kidding) What hilts from Episodes 1-3 are not made yet or in progress? I have started work on a custom saber but I also like the designs of the film sabers.

deathdisco
01-25-2005, 09:16 AM
Cool, then I shall pester him via PM until it is released :p (Kidding) What hilts from Episodes 1-3 are not made yet or in progress? I have started work on a custom saber but I also like the designs of the film sabers.

It's not from EpisodesI-III but I don't know of anyone working on a Vader Hilt.

Mono_Giganto
01-25-2005, 11:09 AM

To my knowledge:

Episode I:
Darth Maul
Qui-Gon Jinn

Episode II:
Anakin
Dooku
Yoda
Mace Windu

Episode III:
Anakin/Luke

Episode IV:
Old Ben

Episode V:
None that I know of.

Episode VI:
(See Episode V)

Fearless_Jedi
01-25-2005, 12:06 PM
So.....how about those Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors?

ChAiNz.2da
01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Fearless_Jedi
So.....how about those Gold and Dark Green Saber Blade Colors?
I sent you a PM yesterday. Basically however, can you point me to some reference pics? I don't have JA, so I want to make sure I get the right color.

RebelScum!
01-26-2005, 06:20 AM
IM suprised this hasnt been already asked but does anyone know of a mace windu skin and his lightsaber? If not then thats a request it would be ok if it was just a new face you could get when you started a new game and make it not for nps..and as for the lightsaber make it good...but no that good. That would be awesome. :)

Darkkender
01-26-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by RebelScum1
IM suprised this hasnt been already asked but does anyone know of a mace windu skin and his lightsaber? If not then thats a request it would be ok if it was just a nex face you could get when you started a new game and make it not for nps..and as for the lightsaber make it good...but no that good. That would be awesome. :)

Well a mace windu saber is part of T7's lightsaber 6 pack. And a skin will be a part of an up and coming MECK project release as well as Qui-gon Jin.(insider knowledge)

RebelScum!
01-27-2005, 07:41 AM
O sweet ok thanks ill download the pack then :)

magnoliafan78
01-27-2005, 07:07 PM
Well, I managed to get ahold of an old pc (mac user).
Anyway, I've been playing around with Kotor tool and have had little luck getting the enemies to respawn after a short time or at least every time you re-enter an area.
I tried clicking the "no permanent death" and setting the enemy to respawn a certain number of times in a certain amount of time... no luck.
I'm sure that it isn't really hard to do, I'm just doing something wrong. Anyone have some specifics on how to make this work?

Astrin
01-27-2005, 07:17 PM
Could some one make A break party limit that way i could get like everyone in the game to do some ownage together.

Darkkender
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Astrin
Could some one make A break party limit that way i could get like everyone in the game to do some ownage together.

This type of request has been asked numerous times I believe even earlier in this thread. The answer is no and it's not for a lack of anybody trying. This is a hardcoded element to the core of the game itself and cannot be modded around at all.

Darkkender, I have already warned you many times in the past concerning the tone of some of your posts. Please stop using caps and huge font characters in your posts. This question may have been asked many times in the past but someone who comes here for the first time may not know this. If you don't have the patience to answer politely, then do not answer. Everyone is welcomed to post here and we also encourage new members who do not have any experience with modding to try modding and post their questions.

I removed the bold caps from your post

- Darth333-

tk102
01-28-2005, 11:22 AM
In theory though, you could script-spawn your missing party members and everyone could gang-up for a fight, then leave them behind when you're done (because they won't follow you anyway.)

Mono_Giganto
01-28-2005, 11:31 AM
In theory though, you could script-spawn your missing party members and everyone could gang-up for a fight, then leave them behind when you're done (because they won't follow you anyway.)

Nor would you actually be able to switch and control them, correct?

Hey tk, you're a monkey now, cool!

tk102 says: That is correct. And I don't know what the effect would be if they died... (probably the same as when the Darkside Choker gets them.) And you're right on the second point too. See how I monkey with your post?

Very cute, tk.

La-li-lu-le-lo
01-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Uhhhh, yes, I've got a request. Could someone make me a Darth Nihilus skin? Evn better, if possible, could he have Malak's flourish? [use the KOTOR Save Editor to change your PC to Unique Malak and you'll see ;)]

Someone could do that, I'd be grateful, as I suck at modding myself ^_^

StormSinger
01-29-2005, 02:50 AM
He already has Malak's flourish as long as he's wielding a single bladed melee weapon.
Like a lot of other appearances, he doesn't play well with a pair of weapons.

Janan Pacha
01-29-2005, 06:03 AM
A request of mine . . . it would be really neat if you could use a body type of any class. IE if you're a Soldier you can use a Scoundrel or Scout's body type or if you're a Scoundrel you can use a Soldier or Scouts body type or if you're a Scout you . . . hopefully get the idea by now. :p

Mono_Giganto
01-29-2005, 09:07 AM
DOwnload the Holowan Cloakworks, you can do that with disguises.

MarKomus
01-29-2005, 02:29 PM
I used the search feature to look for this and came up empty. Has anyone put together a force power for something like, "tame beast"? I remember Anakin pulled something like this off in AOTC. My opinion: first tier: calm beast (beast no longer attacks unless attacked); second tier: tame beast (beast cannot be attacked or attack); third tier: ally beast (beast becomes ally and attacks enemies). One risks losing experience points for not making the kill, so perhaps there should be some doled out for using this, but at a reduced reward. Any takers?

ChAiNz.2da
01-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by MarKomus
Has anyone put together a force power for something like, "tame beast"? I remember Anakin pulled something like this off in AOTC. My opinion: first tier: calm beast (beast no longer attacks unless attacked); second tier: tame beast (beast cannot be attacked or attack); third tier: ally beast (beast becomes ally and attacks enemies). One risks losing experience points for not making the kill, so perhaps there should be some doled out for using this, but at a reduced reward. Any takers?
Somewhat what you had in mind...
Darth333 made a new Force Power mod "Mind Trick Force Power". Basically turning enemies into allies for 23 seconds (blatantly stolen from her site's description ;) ).

Get it here:

http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/index.html

It's located in her Force Powers section. :)

Jamps
01-30-2005, 08:55 AM
This is a bit early, but I think the first thing we need for Kotor2 is an after-ending mod.

Darth Stryke
01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
My first mod for KOTOR 2 would be something that doesn't affect the game at all so i can get the FULL experience before changing stuff. Big thing for me will be changing the sabers right away so they do not all look the same and like in the films, each person has his or her own saber. :D

EnderWiggin
01-31-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by madog
ok i am a total noob and i still cant quite figure out how to import moldles(i dont care aboot spellling but if you do then SHUT IT!!!)from gmax and i wanted to know if any one could make a Blade's Sword (for Blade I,II,III) or at least make .mdl and .mdx files so i can do the rest

Thank you all so much

Not to sound rude, but you will have a lot more people that respond to your post if you do not tell them "i dont care about spelling but if you do then shut it!"
I for one am finishing KOTOR 1 for the last time before TSL, with a clean override.

I believe most modders are finishing up their KOTOR 1 mods in preparation for KOTOR 2 on PC. (With the exception of Redhawke.... he has made 2 awesome mods this week.)

_EW_

Almisen
01-31-2005, 10:06 AM
I have 2 ideas that u probably could help me with:

I: The Gloves

II:Malak

The Gloves
I just came up with a great idea! I thought if some1 of u awesome modders could make me a couple of gloves that can be used as a weapon. And it could be About as strong as a maxed lightsaber.
Ohhh and by the way..... If this is possible could you enable me to throw the weapon with throw lightsaber but nothing would happen but the enemie taking damage.

Malak
This is a pretty complicated idea but could you make something like an item that i could use to make me look like Darth Malak.(if u help me with the idea above please dont make this gloves to cause i want them both in the same time) I would really be glad if some1 could help me with this!

PS! Please pm any replies cause sometimes its hard to know if the replies are for me or some1 else! And i cant do theese myself cause i'm kinda' busy! Please help me! Thanks in advance! :)

Darth333
01-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Both requests are very doable and if you want to make your own mod, this is a good place to start. It's two simple mods that take a few minutes to do :)

Originally posted by Almisen
The Gloves
I just came up with a great idea! I thought if some1 of u awesome modders could make me a couple of gloves that can be used as a weapon. And it could be About as strong as a maxed lightsaber.
Ohhh and by the way..... If this is possible could you enable me to throw the weapon with throw lightsaber but nothing would happen but the enemie taking damage. The throwing part is impssible but the rest of the mod is very easy to do. You simply have to edit the .uti file of existing gloves with Kotor tool and you are done. Check this tutorial: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=132253

Malak
This is a pretty complicated idea but could you make something like an item that i could use to make me look like Darth Malak.(if u help me with the idea above please dont make this gloves to cause i want them both in the same time) I would really be glad if some1 could help me with this! Not complicated. First, you can use Andargor's Holowan Cloakworks (one of the first mods ever made for Kotor) - check for Andargor's site in the new "List of mods" sticky or you can use tk102's KSE: http://www.pcgamemods.com/9170

If you want to actually make a mod, then attach this script to a .dlg file (you need to compile the script) :
void main()
{
object oPC = GetPCSpeaker();
effect eDisg = EffectDisguise (DISGUISE_TYPE_N_DARTHMALAK);
ApplyEffectToObject(DURATION_TYPE_PERMANENT, eDisg, oPC);
}

Shrub91
01-31-2005, 11:53 AM
Do not spam the forums. Holowan labs is for Kotor modding discussions.
- Darth333-

Keiko
01-31-2005, 01:19 PM
I think that a good mod/force power would be: like all the sith lords do. the shoot a wave of force, (force push) and bashes them into a wall and kills 'em!!!

Hehe. ( or almost kills 'em)

showmethemoney
01-31-2005, 02:09 PM
How about a mod that lets you recuit a bounty hunter that replaces juhani if you kill her.

Me not very good at moding at all. :confused:

viscen
02-01-2005, 01:14 PM
hello, long time no see,

i thought since the KOTOR 2 games is coming backt his month i thought id get back into the game, when something just hit me

how about a mod that lets u romance mission, it has its on story to go with u helping her brother, or am i thinking way too far out that no one in their right mind would consider working on soemthign this hard, or is it a piece of cake,

please post ur thoughts

Achilles
02-01-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by viscen
hello, long time no see,

i thought since the KOTOR 2 games is coming backt his month i thought id get back into the game, when something just hit me

how about a mod that lets u romance mission, it has its on story to go with u helping her brother, or am i thinking way too far out that no one in their right mind would consider working on soemthign this hard, or is it a piece of cake,

please post ur thoughts It would probably be pretty easy, but I imagine that you're going to have a difficult time finding someone to write a romance mod that involves a 14 year old alien girl.

Keiko
02-02-2005, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can download these awesome robes?

http://catalina.globat.com/~sunstarentertainmentinc.com/kotor1.html
:bounce1: :bounce1: :bounce1::bounce1: :bounce1:

]{ami]{aze
02-03-2005, 03:29 AM
I'd like to see a few different mods, not sure how hard some of them will be:

1. More saber crystals with varying attack strengths and secondary abilities, maybe have enemy Jedi or Sith drop them.

2. Jedi Armor. I'd like to be able to use the armor limiting Powers but have more or a defense bonus than the +3 that a master jedi robe will get me. Probably classifying it as a robe would work best. If it could also be upgraded like other armors would be sweet as well.

3. More upgrades. Personally, I'm tired of only having two upgrades for armor, and three for melee and ranged. I'm not sure if this is even possible as I am not a modder, but if other upgrades could be found and used in the game, that might enhance the experience a bit.

Darkkender
02-03-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ]{ami]{aze

1. More saber crystals with varying attack strengths and secondary abilities, maybe have enemy Jedi or Sith drop them.

2. Jedi Armor. I'd like to be able to use the armor limiting Powers but have more or a defense bonus than the +3 that a master jedi robe will get me. Probably classifying it as a robe would work best. If it could also be upgraded like other armors would be sweet as well.

3. More upgrades. Personally, I'm tired of only having two upgrades for armor, and three for melee and ranged. I'm not sure if this is even possible as I am not a modder, but if other upgrades could be found and used in the game, that might enhance the experience a bit.

Well in my upcoming Tomb of Jesset Del'Kest mod there will be new versions of Chainz.2da's segan wyndth Jedi armor. so keep an eye out for that. I also plan to release the reworks as a seperate item pack.

Achilles
02-03-2005, 09:05 AM

3. More upgrades. Personally, I'm tired of only having two upgrades for armor, and three for melee and ranged. I'm not sure if this is even possible as I am not a modder, but if other upgrades could be found and used in the game, that might enhance the experience a bit. 1. Most people tend to shy away from making upgrade crystals. Due to the fact that you must mod every saber in the game to make them work (along with some popular .2da files), most modders tend to stick to modding sabers only. Check out my Enhanced Lightsaber mod. You may find that it's close enough to what you're looking for to be worthwhile.

2. I'm pretty sure that a "remove force power restrictions" mod has already been made. In fact, IIRC it was around long before I was here. Check the stickies and I'm sure that you'll find it.

3. Unfortunately, we're limited to the upgrade slots that Bioware built into the game. Obsidian is expanding the number of possible upgrade slots for TSL, but that's not out on PC for at least another week. This doesn't mean that you can't mod the upgrades themselves, only that you can't mod the number that can be used.

I hope this helps.

Darkkender
02-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Achilles

3. Unfortunately, we're limited to the upgrade slots that Bioware built into the game. Obsidian is expanding the number of possible upgrade slots for TSL, but that's not out on PC for at least another week. This doesn't mean that you can't mod the upgrades themselves, only that you can't mod the number that can be used.

I hope this helps.

A good example of an attempt at this can be found with T7's Verpine implant visor. Where the game will not recognize both types of upgrade choices.

CTOAN
02-03-2005, 09:48 AM

As a very new modder - meaning I'm just learning as I write this - it sounds like changing the defense bonus is literally a matter of 2 or 3 minutes - go into KOTOR tool, extract the robe of choice, open it with KOTORtool, find the dexterity bonus number and change it to what you'd like. Save and close; make sure the newly modded file is in your KOTOR/Override directory.

Achilles has a great set of walkthoughs that I d/l'd last night on Modding 101. If I can find them on here, I'll insert the link.

Good luck if you try the mod!

:x-wing:

Darth333
02-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by CTOAN

Achilles has a great set of walkthoughs that I d/l'd last night on Modding 101. If I can find them on here, I'll insert the link.

It's already in the General tutorial forums (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=592)...you'll find Achille's tutorials here (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143456).

Darth Smaug
02-03-2005, 11:01 AM
can anywhone make me the exact saber of qui gon jin??? thank you

Darth333
02-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by thijskerulescit
can anywhone make me the exact saber of qui gon jin??? thank you
Check t7nowhere's website: http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm ;)

RedHawke
02-03-2005, 07:31 PM
I have just made a mod that does something like this, check out my Ebon Hawk Construction WorkBench Mod (http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/) with it you are able to create various upgradeable Jedi Robes, while they don't limit your powers they are upgradeable. Or you can get it here. (PCGameMods) (http://www.pcgamemods.com/9996/)

I hope this helps! :D

Darth Smaug
02-04-2005, 09:38 AM
could it be possible to make vandar a recruitable NPC?? if it could,would somewhone make some mod to do it for me??

Achilles
02-04-2005, 09:42 AM
could it be possible to make vandar a recruitable NPC?? if it could,would somewhone make some mod to do it for me?? The Mendah recruit mod that you've been asking about for the last week isn't close enough? :confused:

Darth Smaug
02-04-2005, 09:53 AM
mendah is cool ,but i'm talking about vandar HIMSELF??

wolfshadow
02-04-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi guys.

Big fan of Redhawke and CHaiNz.
I especially like Chainz's Segan Wyndh armour.

What I would like to see is:

A lightsabre that has all of the Jedi specialist feats as bonus feats. Ie master lever force jump, master foce sense, etc.

A Grenade launcher type weapon.
(Something that launches frag and the other various types of grenades a la M-203 or M79.) Be cool if it could be based on a shotgun or Grenade launcher model.

And some sort of Jedi Assault armour along the line of the Segan Wyndh stuff, but more tank-like. Be cool to have a Jedi assault team armoured to the teeth.

And with some of these new area mods that are coming out... well, it looks like we could use it. *G*

:fett:

tk102
02-04-2005, 11:31 AM
mendah is cool ,but i'm talking about vandar HIMSELF??

How would you envision the Star Forge cut scenes working that one out? Omit them completely?

CTOAN
02-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Sounds like Master Vandar's ability to teleport is a new Jedi Power that I hadn't seen yet. :D

Seriously, I'd like to see someone redo Revan's Robes [DS] into Darth Vader's Armor. It's a modding project that's a little beyond my ability.

Mono_Giganto
02-04-2005, 11:47 AM
How would you envision the Star Forge cut scenes working that one out? Omit them completely?

Maybe Vandar decides he's too cool for you once you find the Star Maps. :D

Darth Smaug
02-04-2005, 01:31 PM
cool answer giganto :D but serieusly can somebody make a recruit mod for Vandar Tokare???

Achilles
02-04-2005, 02:11 PM
cool answer giganto :D but serieusly can somebody make a recruit mod for Vandar Tokare??? One request is enough :cool:. If someone is interested in taking this on, they'll let you know. You may even want to try making your own using Darth333's tutorial and save yourself the suspense.

MTV2
02-04-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello everybody!

whats the #3 suppose to be for? y make 3 threads?:confused:

Mono_Giganto
02-04-2005, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by MTV2
Hello everybody!

whats the #3 suppose to be for? y make 3 threads?:confused:

Because people don't want a 37 page long thread.

Darth Smaug
02-05-2005, 11:35 AM
can somewhone make darth bandon recruitable???

Tanesh
02-05-2005, 11:58 AM
can somewhone make darth bandon recruitable???

Darth333 has already done a recruitable Bandon mod. You can get it here (http://www.pcgamemods.com/5355/).

Darth Smaug
02-05-2005, 12:04 PM
srry didn't know Tanesh :D....but does Darth Badon really SPEAK in the mod? or is it just the lines??

Darth Smaug
02-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Has somewhone a count dooku lightsaber from episode 2 attack of the clones???

Mono_Giganto
02-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Mono's got a model request! :D

I saw these pictures on a website that I got linked to in another thread, and thought they looked awesome. Unfortunately, my modeling skills seem to have rusted over in the last month and a half. :rolleyes: Not sure if I could've made this back then either though. If anyone has some free time and could model a sword like one of these, I would appreciate it. :)

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1784
http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/detail.aspx?ID=1783

By the way, if anyone is interested, I don't expect both swords to be modelled. Pick which one you like better. :) Though I presonally like the straight-edged one.

ChAiNz.2da
02-05-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Mono_Giganto
Mono's got a model request! :D

I saw these pictures on a website that I got linked to in another thread, and thought they looked awesome. Unfortunately, my modeling skills seem to have rusted over in the last month and a half. :rolleyes: Not sure if I could've made this back then either though. If anyone has some free time and could model a sword like one of these, I would appreciate it. :)
ACK! That picture is coming back to haunt me I swear!

That's the same hilt (different color) that I was given as a source for my Xia Project (my current WIP). Though my model is nothing close, it was the 'inspiration'... :D

Liverandbacon
02-06-2005, 06:49 AM
I think a mod to recruit deadye duncan would be funny.

Emperor Devon
02-06-2005, 08:08 PM
Hmmm... Has anyone noticed a subtle (Yet important) difference between the Dark Jedi on the Xbox and PC versions of KTOR? On the Xbox version, you can see signs of the Dark Jedi's corruption on what little is shown of their faces. (Their skin is paler, there are those veins, and pale eyes) Yet this is not so for the PC version. I was wondering if someone could make a minor mod to correct that, making the Dark Jedi feel more dark.

darth vandar
02-07-2005, 11:18 AM
hi I was wondring if anyone would like to mapp my lightsaber i made in gmax. cuz it's not working for me. well if anyboddy's up to the task pm me.

Darth Smaug
02-07-2005, 12:33 PM
is there a mod for Yoda's saber? if there is where could i dl it?

90SK
02-07-2005, 02:14 PM
On the Xbox version, you can see signs of the Dark Jedi's corruption on what little is shown of their faces. (Their skin is paler, there are those veins, and pale eyes) Yet this is not so for the PC version.

Yes it is, it just takes a lot of curruption to notice it. Indeed, I never noticed it until I actually saw the individual textures myself.

Emperor Devon
02-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by C. Skye
Yes it is, it just takes a lot of curruption to notice it. Indeed, I never noticed it until I actually saw the individual textures myself.

What? :confused: The Dark Jedi's faces are neutral, not dark side...

Oddball_E8
02-08-2005, 03:54 AM
i was wondering if there are any good helmets out there? and if there is, are they implemented well in the game or do ya have to "cheat" them in there?

im getting well sick of these masks posing as helmets...

Darkkender
02-08-2005, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Oddball_E8

im getting well sick of these masks posing as helmets...

I hope your not referring to the clone trooper, storm trooper, and Boba Fett helmets. Mainly because that is the pinacle of what is currently possible within the limitations of the game.

CTOAN
02-08-2005, 08:01 AM
What? :confused: The Dark Jedi's faces are neutral, not dark side...

My female Sith Lord's face is turning blotchy and pale, and I'm not even halfway to Sith Mastery yet.

Is this something that was fixed in the 1.03 patch?

Darth Smaug
02-08-2005, 08:12 AM
on xbox the face will be more darker than on the pc version so it has nothing to do with the update..

Mono_Giganto
02-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Maybe he's referring to the NPC Dark Jedi?

Darth Smaug
02-08-2005, 11:22 AM
yes i mean the NPC jedi...:rolleyes:

Darth333
02-08-2005, 11:30 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v608/D333/off_topic.jpg

C'mon guys, get back on topic so I can go play TSL!

If you want to discuss this kind of stuff, just start a thread in the appropriate forum (http://lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=321)

Oddball_E8
02-08-2005, 11:37 AM
I hope your not referring to the clone trooper, storm trooper, and Boba Fett helmets. Mainly because that is the pinacle of what is currently possible within the limitations of the game.

oh hell no... i mean the boooooooring masks in the original game... (and the variations released as mods)

the storm-, clone trooper and fett helmets are indeed helmets...
but it would be nice to have some other non-famous helmets in there... something that works like a combo of mask and armor maby?

Phelan Loe
02-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I'm curious, with KOTOR II coming out for PC in a couple of days, does anyone think there could be a possibility of replacing the odd looking robes of KOTOR with the robes of KOTOR II or simply adding the in along with the others?

tk102
02-08-2005, 01:32 PM
Although possible, see the very first post of this thread, item #4.

Phelan Loe
02-08-2005, 02:55 PM
From the Second KOTOR to the First would be illegal? That suprises me. In that case, forget I ever asked.

90SK
02-09-2005, 07:50 AM
^^^

I don’t believe either of them have been released yet, though I believe they are in production.

As for the question of porting things from K2 to K1, I don’t think it would be legal. Though they are in the same series, they are made by different companies. Still, I’m not sure entirely.

Darkkender
02-09-2005, 08:09 AM

As for the question of porting things from K2 to K1, I don’t think it would be legal. Though they are in the same series, they are made by different companies. Still, I’m not sure entirely.

You are absouletly correct. It was discussed by me and T7 earlier in this thread I think where he mentioned that very fact to me.

Darth Smaug
02-09-2005, 09:31 AM
does anybody had Desann's lightsaber for KOTOR?

Darkkender
02-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Darth Smaug
does anybody had Desann's lightsaber for KOTOR?

So I'm clear as well as others would you like somebody to make this model for you. If so could you provide a sample picture so if one of our briliant modelers can make this mod request they know what you want?:p

Mono_Giganto
02-09-2005, 11:12 AM
So I'm clear as well as others would you like somebody to make this model for you. If so could you provide a sample picture so if one of our briliant modelers can make this mod request they know what you want?:p

Here's a picture for the guy, about the best Google had to offer. :rolleyes:

http://www.photo-sport.ch/diverts/jeux/soluces/outcast/desann/shot0040.jpg

MarKomus
02-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Anyone developed a way to get Force Camo? I tried using the save game editor, but there is this little thing about a requisite species: Cathar.

Darkkender
02-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Anyone developed a way to get Force Camo? I tried using the save game editor, but there is this little thing about a requisite species: Cathar.

That's strange because the programming of the game see juhani as a human. Wookies and droids are the only ones seen as a seperate subclass. I don't recall KSE ever keeping me from adding this to a character either, have you tried adding it because it may still take it.:)

MarKomus
02-09-2005, 04:58 PM
That's strange because the programming of the game see juhani as a human. Wookies and droids are the only ones seen as a seperate subclass. I don't recall KSE ever keeping me from adding this to a character either, have you tried adding it because it may still take it.:)

Well...as it turns out...that isn't really an available feat. They achieve her "Force Camo" by equipping her with an Eriadu Stealth Unit in her Natural Items (Use the KotOR Tool to extract her character template and click on Inventory, then Natural Items and you'll see where she has this). That same spot is used by droids for their hides.

I guess what would need to be done is to have the PC naturally equipped with an Eriadu Stealth Unit and then grant the Force Camouflage Feat and change the .tlk file line that says that one need be Cathar.

[Edit] What I meant by "not really available" is that you can get the icon to show up, but adding that feat doesn't activate it. Adding a stealth unit to the natural items would. But I don't know how to do that to the PC. Of course, you COULD just nab one out of the inventory using KSE, but that would be way too easy. I mean...what fun is that??

ChAiNz.2da
02-09-2005, 05:31 PM
What I meant by "not really available" is that you can get the icon to show up, but adding that feat doesn't activate it. Adding a stealth unit to the natural items would. But I don't know how to do that to the PC. Of course, you COULD just nab one out of the inventory using KSE, but that would be way too easy. I mean...what fun is that??
I ran into that problem myself. Originally I wanted Xia's robes to grant the Force Camoflauge Feat, but in trial & error came up with your same conclusion. HOWEVER, RedHawke's Kamino Eugenics mod incorporates this little "trick" by use of scripts he applies "natural" PC attributes through applying the effect to the PC's Hide (natural) slot.

You could, in theory, apply the stealth unit to your PC's "hide", while having your item grant the Force Camoflauge Feat. You'll need to find a 'creative' way to fire the script and there may be some feats.2da or spells.2da editing...but that's at least the route I was going to investigate...

You may want to review his thread (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143380) about it, or pick his brains (nicely ;) ) hehehe...

I believe it's possible, unfortunately I didn't have the time to incorporate the idea in the Xia mod ...shucks...

Good Luck! :D

::EDIT::
I personally think this idea deserves a thread of it's own. Perhaps you'd like to start one MarKomus? Seeing as it's your idea maybe it can be a 'pet modding project' of yours? I myself am interested and am willing to help you pursue this. Plus it'll help us to stop "hogging" the Mod Requests Thread.

Entropist2
02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
I know, I know, creating a mod asks a lot of time and dedication. I'm truly impressed by the work you pull here, guys, considering I can't even imagine doing it myself.

But I got an idea for a mod to add something like "roleplay" in the game. It will sound a little weird, so don't flame me if I get nuts. But I have absolutley no clue whatsoever of how getting this done.

Let me explain...
I've been working for a while at a fanfiction that would be a novelisation of the KOTOR game. And in order for the story to fit the "official" timeline, I wanted to insert it in the Tales of the Jedi timeline,
like the game already tries to do, with the dialogs with Jolee about Nomi Sunrider and Exar Kun.
And the thing I came up with was a scene where Revan, just after having escaped the Leviathan was going back to Dantooine, to witness the disaster. And there he was meeting a character named Vima Sunrider. Those who have read TOTJ know very well that she is the daughter of Nomi Sunrider, who is now an old Jedi Master, and Wima is a full grown Jedi Knight.
But most important, she's the only known padawan of Ulic Qel-Droma. And as such, she is very likely to know what redemption means for a jedi like Revan.
(I've put that in "spoiler", just in case some people haven't seen that part of the game, though I highly doubt it...)
I don't know if it is possible to do it, but if anyone is up to the challenge of giving shape to it, I'd be glad to supply the "scenario" of the mod. I have a Lightside and a darkside version idea of the encounter, and I think that it could add some depth to the struggle within the PC. Not really action, but roleplay.

I'm sorry if I'm suggesting something impossible to achieve, but it's just that my old reflexes of RPG player always come over, when I'm playing on a video game.

If anyone whishes to discuss this, don't hesitate to PM me.

Oddball_E8
02-10-2005, 05:08 PM
there are some REALLY great lightsaber hilts out there... unfortunately they cant be used to replace the in-game ones... why cant someone make a mod that actually replaces the normal ones?

i dont want any mega-super-über-killer sabres... i just want the plain old sabres, but with a better look... why is everyone so obsessed with making new stuff... why not just improve on the old?

just a thought from a very tired man... (well... its 3 am here soon)

Darth Stryke
02-10-2005, 05:23 PM
First off, this could probably go in the nifty mod request forum, here: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143675
Secondly, the main reason this is not done usually is because you could not use all of the saber mods at once if it was done as mere replacement. People want to use many sabers at once so they need to be their own item. The other reason is that people want to make their sabers special so they add custom properties to them. You could get Temporary Tomatoe's great saber replacement mod from pcgamemods.com, that replaces the generic hilt with a very nice new model. You could also hex edit ANY custom saber model to work as a standard saber in about 2 minutes. Check the tutorials section to learn how to do this. :cool:

GotGoose?
02-11-2005, 03:21 AM
Someone should create a mod that lets you go from building/breakdown to upgrading.

As it is, you have to exit out of the bench or lab first.

Vistaer
02-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Mod Ideas/Requests for TSL -

- Equipable The Mask and/or Robe of the Sith Lord you see on the cover of TSL. This may require new modeling/skinning though, as I dont know if the mask and robe are seperate models and skins, or all one model and one skin.

- Revan Mask. This request mostly goes to T7nowhere, mainly because HE has his own model and skin of Revans mask, which means importing THAT into TSL is not illegal =)

- Hooded Robes. Like the revan ones you get at almost every mod site, including T7's. This may require custom modeling/skinning unless a hooded robe already exists (I dunno if Kreia's robe model is compatible). TSL has awesome flowing robes, but none with hoods. And hoods are cool if you're a sith! :emperor:

- Alternative heads/skins. (preferably complete with Darkside phases, heh)

As a final question.... will PCGamemods or StarWarKnights create seperate sections for TSL eventually to avoid people accidently installing the wrong mods in the wrong games?

90SK
02-11-2005, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Vistaer
/or Robe of the Sith Lord you see on the cover of TSL.

I'm planning on doing this in the near-ish future by re-skinning the in-game robes.

Darth InSidious
02-12-2005, 09:11 AM
Ummmm..Hi, I've just joined this board......this may seem like an odd request, but could someone make a Ming The Merciless mod, like Revan's Robes I, but of ming?
Oh, and what about an Evil Staff Of Doom, could it be made from a gizka pelt gaffi stick? with a laser deathray coming out of the end? :D :D :D :D
Oh, and a new item - pie. Good for eating. restores health. Comes in blueberry, blackberry, cherry, key lime, steak and kidney, and chicken :D :D :D :D :D

Darth Smaug
02-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Darth InSidious
Ummmm..Hi, I've just joined this board......this may seem like an odd request, but could someone make a Ming The Merciless mod, like Revan's Robes I, but of ming?
Oh, and what about an Evil Staff Of Doom, could it be made from a gizka pelt gaffi stick? with a laser deathray coming out of the end? :D :D :D :D
Oh, and a new item - pie. Good for eating. restores health. Comes in blueberry, blackberry, cherry, key lime, steak and kidney, and chicken :D :D :D :D :D

Are you serieus with the pie thing?

Welcome to the Forums Darth InSidious..

Darth333
02-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Darth InSidious
You'll find a birthday cake in this mod (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143839). Comes only in vanilla flavor however.

ArdynnRevan
02-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Might it be possible to convert the Aayla Secura Mod for KotOR to work with TSL? I've tried mucking around with it, but I can't seem to make heads or tails of the 2das, and I'm very new at modding the KotOR series.

Still, it'd be kinda cool to play as a red-skinned twi'lek instead of being stuck as a human.

Emperor Devon
02-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I have some TSL mod requests, which I am hoping someone will be kind enough to make.

It would be nice if Kreia had the black clothing from the final battle, and make her a Sith Lord instead of a Jedi Consular (It seams realistic) And it would make your party seam more Dark Side-ish.

It would be... suiting for Darth Sion to have a double-bladed red lightsaber, rather than a single-bladed one. Darth Sion is all brute force with no subltety; it would be fitting for him to have a double saber. Single sabers seam more Jedi-ish.

It would be fitting for the Sith Lords to have their own items, or at least for Nihilus to have some remains! The items (and descriptions) could be:

Darth Sion's Robe

Restricted: Useable only by Dark Jedi

Defense Bonus: 3

Strength +3 Constition +3 Regeneration: 5

Attack Modifier: +5

This powerful robe belonged to Darth Sion, the Lord of Pain. Although he wore only half of this powerful garment, it still enhanced his already supernatural strength and vitatlity. In the last few decades of his life, and especially the last few years, Sion lived in constant pain, and it appears this robe has absorbed some of his agony, and one can feel quite uncomftorable in this robe, and even in slight agony, but the powers this robe grants are well worth the tradeoff. It is a powerful, if tainted item.

Darth Sion's Gloves

Attack Modifier: +3

Damage: 1-6, physical Strength: +4

Although the Lord of Pain wore only one of these amazing
gauntlets, It still served him well. When Sion and Nihilus began their war of shadow and stealth against the Jedi, Sion recognized the need for a valuable piece of equipment to help exterminate the Order, so with the help of a very gifted Tech Specialist within the Sith, these powerful gloves were crafted. Worried that the Tech Specialist would share the design of these gloves with other people, Sion decided to test his new piece of equipment against the crafter of these gloves, and murdered him with his bare hands. Satisfied with the gloves, the Lord of Pain used them against the Jedi, and killed many of the Order with them. When wearing these gloves, one can feel the blood that was on Sion's hands, which appears to be on their's as well, yet when the gloves are removed, the wearer's hands appear normal.

Those items could be found on Darth Sion's corpse.

Darth Nihilus' Robe

Defense Bonus: +5

Wisdom: +6 Charisma: +6 Regenrate Force Points: +10

This tainted garment was the robe of Darth Nihilus, the Lord of Hunger, who died and was reborn upon the shattered world of Malachor V, which is were he either found, or created these robes. When the Lord of Hunger hauled the Ravager and the rest of his fleet from the mass shadows of Malachor, that was no doubt acomplished by the help of this robe. Nihilus always had a constant hunger, and these robes appear to have absorbed some of that. When wearing this garment, one can feel a hunger within themselves, which can only be subdued by the death of others, particulary those sensitive to the force. This is no doubt what Nihilus felt for the last few years of his life, though on a much smaller scale.

Darth Nihilus' Gauntlets

Defense Bonus: 2

Wisdom: +3 Charisma: +3 Regenerate Force Points: +5

These tainted gauntlets were worn by the Lord of Hunger, and they were no doubt created on Malachor V, the world were he died and was reborn on. When worn, these gauntlets appear to slightly move the users arms in the direction of Force Sensitives. it may be a very disturbing thing to wear, but the benefits outweigh the disturbed feeling.

After Nihilus evaporates when he dies, he could leave behind remains which the gauntlets and robe are in.

Darth Smaug
02-13-2005, 08:19 AM
Is there some mod with Yoda's lightsaber ??

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/174837 -click: Watch This Movie-

aluuannn
02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
RESQUESTING: a disguse to look like DARTH NIHILUS for TSL

Darth InSidious
02-13-2005, 11:37 AM
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Darth Smaug - Of course I'm serious about pie! Mmmmm.......pie.......But not necessarily the flavours :D

Darth333: Thank you! Oh, and I found your room on Ord Mandell.......and have killed you repeatedly on the holowan spire :D :D :D :D :D :D

damacles
02-13-2005, 01:40 PM
If I may humbly request, could someone do a lightsaber or sword for Marko Ragnos, please?

Darkkender
02-13-2005, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by GotGoose?
Someone should create a mod that lets you go from building/breakdown to upgrading.

As it is, you have to exit out of the bench or lab first.

Now that I've gotten done playing the game this might be either an easy or a difficult mod as I'm not sure how many dialogues that will mean editing. But I will take a look into this.

JoleeOnasi
02-13-2005, 08:04 PM
Can someone make me some robes to look like anikins ep2 robes and some wearable Sith lord robes The ones that the sith lords have on in the duxn tomb PS if any one here uses TKs KSE whats the appearance name for the Sith lord armorThe ones that the sith lords have on in the duxn tomb

Oddball_E8
02-14-2005, 02:44 AM
well... everybody has probarbly been thinking this... i might as well say it...

how about more difficult enemies for TSL?

(tho i havent actually played it yet... but everyone says that its too easy)

Thecordler
02-14-2005, 08:07 AM
I'd like to request a mod of Obi-wan kenob's clone wars clone trooper jedi armour from the cartoon. I'd kill just to be able to have that LOOK!.

Here is the best pic of it

http://www.animationartgallery.com/images/CWS/CWSGK.jpg

Barachiel
02-14-2005, 08:22 AM
I've got a request for a Major Mod project.

Can someone please fix the frelling ending? I don't mean full FMVs and such, but lets get some extra scenes explaining what happened to Mina, Hanharr, G0-T0 and the utility droid. Heck lets get really adventurious and try and explain how the Ebon Hawk got repaired.

Darkkender
02-14-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Barachiel
I've got a request for a Major Mod project.

Can someone please fix the frelling ending? I don't mean full FMVs and such, but lets get some extra scenes explaining what happened to Mina, Hanharr, G0-T0 and the utility droid. Heck lets get really adventurious and try and explain how the Ebon Hawk got repaired.

Mina and Hanharr have there ending. Bbut yeah I have to agree it might be nice finish up and do other cutscene's/Go back and fix area mods. I was actually looking at this as a possible mod and thanks to Darth333 this very well might be possible and I might tackle it with some help.

Jackel
02-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Mina and Hanharr have there ending. Bbut yeah I have to agree it might be nice finish up and do other cutscene's/Go back and fix area mods. I was actually looking at this as a possible mod and thanks to Darth333 this very well might be possible and I might tackle it with some help.
A lot of the ending dialogue is still in the game files and even soe of the stuff was recorded and left in the game. SO its not like you need to do much except get whats there out of the game and back in to it via coding. Well it shouldnt be to hard for a coder anyway:p

Lucied
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
was wondering if somebody could edit the heads in TSL to have white hair edit teh guy witht eh long hair and give him blue eyes to look echani

Elrik
02-14-2005, 06:49 PM
First off Thanks to all the Modders that frequent these Boards, your work individually and collectively are truely inspiring - pure genius!
Requests -1. Single handed double lightsabre/rifle mod so 2 dble sabres/rifles can be weilded at same time, as was done for Kotor I.
2. Ebon Hawke Basement, (I miss it in TSL)
3. Arena Deathmatch Mod (another that has been a 'standard' in my Kotor I game)
Thank You All for the exellent work that you all do.

Mav
02-15-2005, 12:01 AM
What was G0-T0 up to? Did the little droid survive?

I believe that the little droid was victorious against G0-T0, but died with the planet, because the little droid had to stay back to make sure that the ships made the planet blow up... ???(don't ask how) So "remote" must have at least survived to see it through, as far as the game's ending not being finished I sort of like it, it leaves a lot to be answered by KotOR 3 The Return of Revan <---(HK-47 - that may be wishful thinking on my part), heck it even sounds like The Return of the Jedi, anyway I can't wait until KotOR 3, well at least I can mod while I wait ;), I think I wait more for these games than for the new movie on May 19th

Achilles
02-15-2005, 01:22 AM
Three words: "Hardcore mod, please"

TIA! :)

RedHawke
02-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Three words: "Hardcore mod, please"

I second that motion... Oh great scripting gurus... deliver unto us a TSL Hardcore mod! :D

I looked into the K_ai_master file myself but got quickly confused. :(

Saturnine
02-15-2005, 03:48 AM
Just mentioning the obvious: someone should make playable twi'leks (to TSL that is). :rolleyes:

Darth Smaug
02-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Saturnine
Just mentioning the obvious: someone should make playable twi'leks (to TSL that is). :rolleyes:
Saturnine, why don't just ask it? :D

Dan_P_Fuller
02-15-2005, 02:08 PM
I have a few requests for TSL:

Could someone make the heads of these chars:

The leader of the merc's on Dantooine, the one with the Milky eye.

The Jedi master with the two blue lightsabers.

Could someone make a mod where

The Candyamn with his new TSL head can remove his manalore armour and wear other stuff. p.s thanks Darth 333 for finding the head :D

Cheers

Dan

masterbob7
02-15-2005, 04:43 PM
some new head

GhostofAnakin
02-16-2005, 12:24 PM
Here's a mod request for you wonderful modders out there. :D

Alternate endings for KOTOR:TSL (http://forums.obsidianent.com/index.php?showtopic=29764)

Hopefully those can somehow be implemented into the game so that we can play those out instead of the actual stuff that occurs in the game.

(Sorry if this has been posted already. I was in a rush and didn't read any previous requests in this thread)

AiluraKnight
02-16-2005, 01:16 PM
I was wondering if someone could make the Darth Malak robes that you can import into the game look more like Malak's robes from the original KOTOR?

pingpongwong
02-16-2005, 04:12 PM
I would like to see a mod that will let you be able to take all your party members onto a planet if it is possible

(sorry, if someone posted this already)

sith_master2000
02-16-2005, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by pingpongwong
I would like to see a mod that will let you be able to take all your party members onto a planet if it is possible

(sorry, if someone posted this already)
This has been asked many times before and sadly, it is impossible at this stage.

aluuannn
02-17-2005, 11:26 AM
REquestiNG : reskin of the mask/robe that darh nihilus has on.

Jamps
02-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I don't have Kotor2 for the PC yet, but someones got to make a mod that lets you....

go to Onderon after the battle

Oddball_E8
02-17-2005, 04:32 PM
i would like a mod that allows droids (well, HK series droids) to use close combat weapons...
how hard can it be for a droid to hit someone with a sword?
if they have fine-mecanics enough to use two pistols at once they should be able to swing a sword...:bdroid2:

90SK
02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
This has probably been requested already, but if the HK factory isn't already in the game, could it be placed there? For the PC version (if possible)?

Arkkonis
02-17-2005, 06:27 PM
Jedi Armor that actually looks dark/light? The only dark Jedi Armor, Malak's was dissapointing. And I'm not even sure if there's light armor. The rest all looks tribal and ancient.

Achilles
02-17-2005, 07:27 PM
This has probably been requested already, but if the HK factory isn't already in the game, could it be placed there? For the PC version (if possible)? Doesn't look like OE left the module in there. When they cut it...they really cut it (unlike the section of the Swoop Gang base on Taris in KotOR). Maybe someone will take this on as an area mod. I've heard that Redhawke likes to make those sometimes :)

Darkkender
02-17-2005, 07:52 PM
Doesn't look like OE left the module in there. When they cut it...they really cut it (unlike the section of the Swoop Gang base on Taris in KotOR). Maybe someone will take this on as an area mod. I've heard that Redhawke likes to make those sometimes :)

I like to do area mods as well. Now I could swear though that OE had not removed this as one of the x-box modders had a saved game for download where you were warped there. So unless they deleted it for PC and left a bunch of other treasures for us it may actually be there. If I find it I might try to tackle it.