PDA

View Full Version : My classmate and good friend was shot in the head on saturday

BongoBob
02-21-2005, 11:40 PM
News article (http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2978825&nav=168XWdwi)

I hope he lives, he sits right next to me in my Geometry class and we always talk there and at lunch sometimes.

My mom said that one of the teens from the party shooting was the point guard for our Varsity basketball team, and I knew exactly who she was talking about. All I could think was please let it be one of the 3 non serious ones, but sure enough he's in the worst condition.

I'm gonna get more news surely tomarrow and I know I'll try to see his family in the hospital.

:( damn I hope he pulls through and they find the sonuva bitch that shot him :mad:

EDIT:Just found a different article on it with a video, saying he's listed in critical condition.
Diff article (http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=2979025&nav=15MVWe8W)
EDIT2:If you look to the left in the media player it shows another video.

CapNColostomy
02-22-2005, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his loved ones.

Sabretooth
02-22-2005, 12:06 AM
That's pretty bad. Sorry about that incident.

BongoBob
02-22-2005, 12:24 AM
Thanks guys. I just wish that I could be there with his family and frineds. It's just weird, how one day you're laughin with a friend, and then that could be the last time that you're able to do that. I am still in shock, and the full effect of it hasn't hit me yet.

Mike Windu
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
:indif:

Sorry man.

El Sitherino
02-22-2005, 02:53 AM
**** man. All I can say is I hope the shooter suffers, and that your friend gets better.

It's never fun to lose a friend, especially to crap like this. :(

IG-64
02-22-2005, 02:59 AM
I know we talked all about this in aim, but I still gotta post something.

He is in my prayers, and I hope for the best.

jebbers
02-22-2005, 03:00 AM
man sorrry to hear about that. my cousin was shot in the head behind my house, i woke in the night to hear his mom screaming. ill never forget him.

IG-64
02-22-2005, 03:07 AM
My mom's best friend shot herself in the head and lived. She gained nothing and lost her eye. That was a few years ago. Since then her daughter gave birth to a daughter of her own. Sad she did it around mother's day too.

toms
02-22-2005, 03:45 AM
I hope he recovers. There doesn't seem much info yet on what caused it all, but it will probably be something stupid.

El Sitherino
02-22-2005, 03:50 AM
Bob, if you need to talk about anything, I'm here for ya. :)

Pad
02-22-2005, 03:52 AM
Man, that sucks. Hope they get trough it ;)

I´m here if needed.

Doomie
02-22-2005, 04:43 AM
Jezus Christ, I hope he's gonne be alright.
That must suck, man.

Pie™
02-22-2005, 04:52 AM
damn, i hope he's gonna be okay...

LightNinja
02-22-2005, 05:45 AM
omg no...guns should be banned :mad:

jon_hill987
02-22-2005, 05:52 AM
I hope everyone who was involved gets better. Why is it always the bystanders who get injured.

Acrylic
02-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja
That wouldn't help any. If someone wants to do something so badly, thay'll find a way.

Anyways, sorry to hear about this dude. I wish there was more I could say or do, but I can't. I wouldn't be able to imagine loosing a friend.
Doctors better take care of him. If he's alive now, there's no reason he shouldn't be later.
Hope he lives.

IG-64
02-22-2005, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by LightNinja

Yeah, soon you'll be saying "ban pointy pencils!"

[edit]Yeah, drop that, I was just trying to be funny anyways.

Anyways, Bongo told me he's using humor to keep his mind off of it, which is smart, since I he sadly can't do much about it.

[edit] whoops, dunno why I put I.

El Sitherino
02-22-2005, 08:03 AM
The best thing to do is confront it. Otherwise it eats you up later.

ET Warrior
02-22-2005, 08:36 AM
I'm really sorry to hear about this Bongo, I know the feeling of talking and laughing with somebody and then suddenly the next day you can't do that anymore. :(

LightNinja
02-22-2005, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
Yeah, soon you'll be saying "ban pointy pencils!"
¿? i didnt know that pencils were as bad as the guns...¬¬. Well i dont care if your opinion is that, but if guns were banned that guy may not have a gun (and i hope now you wont say, but he had it and blah blah...) plus you can defend better from a guy with a pencil than from a guy with a gun, etc.

El Sitherino
02-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Alright, next person to bring up a gun debate is getting kicked in the face. Wanna debate, take it to the senate, otherwise shut up and don't even bother touching the post reply button.

ET Warrior
02-22-2005, 09:42 AM
^^^^

What he said. This thread is for offering condolences to Bongo in his time of need.

Tyrion
02-22-2005, 02:06 PM
Damn Bongo, that sucks man. Have any of the highschoolers died yet, or are they just in critical condition? Hopefully they'll all pull through.

And I think it'd be best to take IS's advice, as his friend Daniel I believe was killed last year due to a gunshot.

El Sitherino
02-22-2005, 03:30 PM
2 years actually. :(

But it's best to confront it as fast as you can. Regardless of death or not. Keeping it off your mind at this point will only allow it to come back later and pretty much mess you up. Things will spark up the thoughts, and the more they get sparked up the harder it is to keep them out of your head, eventually you just feel like **** until you get yourself cleared of it (if you ever do).
And clearing that up takes lots and lots of therapy.
*edit* Alright, I really didn't wanna get into that personal experience stuff, because that really doesn't help people, but I gotta say it. I did that laughing it off not confront it stuff when my friend Keith died when I was around 10, I couldn't get myself to face it so I did the laugh it off thing, much like I did with friends that were killed before then, later on about 12, that all came to bite me in the ass. I fell into a hole that took a hell of a lot of work to get out of. I had insane amounts of meds pumped into me, even had to be commited, it eats at you when it comes back, it consumes you. Whatever you do, don't let that happen. I could go on about how many friends I've lost to random acts of violence, but in the end, that won't help, only this advice.

Confront the event, accept it, recognize that all your worrying and crying will not change it, the person you care about wants you to be happy and help the others around you.

BongoBob
02-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone. It's weird how people you've never even met can be so helpful and there for you.

Last night, there wasn't alot I could do since it was midnight, so that's all I could do until today. Today I've been calling friends and we're all helping each other and figuring out ways to help out. As far as we all know, he's still in critical condition. Everyone else is in good condition, one of them is already out of the hospital. Hopefully he's pull through.

I'm still trying to find more info.

EDIT:
Originally posted by InsaneSith
*edit* Alright, I really didn't wanna get into that personal experience stuff, because that really doesn't help people, but I gotta say it. I did that laughing it off not confront it stuff when my friend Keith died when I was around 10, I couldn't get myself to face it so I did the laugh it off thing, much like I did with friends that were killed before then, later on about 12, that all came to bite me in the ass. I fell into a whole that took a hell of a lot of work to get out of. I had insane amounts of meds pumped into me, even had to be commited, it eats at you when it comes back, it consumes you. Whatever you do, don't let that happen. I could go on about how many friends I've lost to random acts of violence, but in the end, that won't help, only this advice.

Confront the event, accept it, recognize that all your worrying and crying will not change it, the person you care about wants you to be happy and help the others around you.

I'm trying to do the latter, and it's easier said then done, but with the help of my friends we'll get through it. We're trying to get a donation thng goin at school tomarrow to help his family and all that. We're also trying to encourage the school to reach out to help him and his family.

And I'm sorry to have to bring up any painful experiences :(

TiE23
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
My God Bongo, sorry to hear about it :(
I hope he pulls through alright.

TiE

lukeiamyourdad
02-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm sorry and I hope everything turns out well.

Mike Windu
02-22-2005, 08:09 PM
Like I said on aim, I do agree with the whole laughing it off thing, but just... don't let it consume you to the point where you're in denial.

What happened happened, and there's no way to change that.

Sometimes you have to let go to move forward. [/smallville]

Good luck to you and your friends...:(

MADD>uB<
02-22-2005, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry to hear such horrible news , I hope your friend pulls throught. Thoughts and Prayers

Astrotoy7
02-22-2005, 10:37 PM
that's tragic .... how terrible :(

man, the world is changing for the worse as far as Im concerned, back when I was a kid, the only thing you'd get shot in the head with is a squirt gun :( Life sux..

mtfbwya

narfblat
02-22-2005, 11:26 PM
Good luck to your friend, and good luck to the investigators.

We're here for you.
originally posted by BongoBobAnd I'm sorry to have to bring up any painful experiences Don't worry about it. If anyone here hasn't faced their pain, you have just given them a chance to face it before it becomes a burden.

Alegis
02-23-2005, 09:17 AM
Deepest condolences, BongoBob

Squee-sithguy
02-23-2005, 11:20 AM
Hearts and prayers to your friend and his family

Troopr-Undr-Fir
02-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Awww man... I saw this on the news at work.

I didn't realize what was going on at the time, but I saw an older lady that was watching it on the TV's and she started crying and couldn't stand up. I'm guessing a relative, but I don't know for sure.

I had no idea it was that serious.

I wish there was something I could do, like go visit him, but I doubt I'd be able to even go near him.

I guess all I can do is to let you know Troopr is pulling for him.

BongoBob
02-24-2005, 06:09 PM
Thanks for all the support guys.

The good news is he's alive.

The bad news is they're not sure how alive he is. They were waiting for the swelling to go down so they could see if they could remove the bullet. And according to some, he's now mentally retarted. But according to others,, he'll be out by the end of the month.

I just have to wait and see. I'm gonna ask the coach tomarrow.

Vikinor
02-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Man that must be so weird to have that happen to you. I am sorry that it happened and I hope he pulls through.