PDA

View Full Version : Ewwwwgh!


jon_hill987
02-26-2005, 04:47 AM
http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=dn7050

Is this really needed? couldn't they put this to much better use? Like regrowing bone for someone who needs a hip replacement. I know they are only doing this to see if they can, but wouldn't it be better to put it to good use at the same time.

Oh yeah, And what the flip is wrong with gold?

GothiX
02-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Gold looks ugly. Silver > gold.

Oh, and I find the idea of bone rings quite odd, but I can imagine why one would want to give it to the one he/she loves most.

jon_hill987
02-26-2005, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
Gold looks ugly. Silver > gold.

Oh, and I find the idea of bone rings quite odd, but I can imagine why one would want to give it to the one he/she loves most.

Ok so silver looks better, but it is traditional (at least in the UK) to use gold.

I just find the idea of bone rings creepy, mind you you would never cheat on your wife, you would feel that she was there the whole time!

Pie™
02-26-2005, 04:58 AM
Uh... I don't think I'd want to do that. Kind of... I don't know, weird.. <.<

El Sitherino
02-26-2005, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Pie™
Uh... I don't think I'd want to do that. Kind of... I don't know, weird.. <.< Says the necro. :xp:

So I take it that's two bones he's given her eh? :emodanc:


please don't hurt me.

BawBag™
02-26-2005, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
So I take it that's two bones he's given her eh? :emodanc:


please don't hurt me.
LOL.

But like, wtf? :eyeraise:

El Sitherino
02-26-2005, 05:10 AM
"There is nothing in law that states what a wedding ring can or cannot be made of," says a spokesperson for the Office of National Statistics
So does that mean I can have a ring fashioned from 3 fetus'?

Or perhaps a ring fashioned out of a fossilized marijuana plant.

Rogue15
02-26-2005, 06:46 AM
bioengineering stuff is always creepy cool.

El Sitherino
02-26-2005, 06:49 AM
Now for them to be able to give me a working prehensile tail. Oh how much fun I'd have with that.

Pie™
02-26-2005, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Now for them to be able to give me a working prehensile tail. Oh how much fun I'd have with that. Or possible a prehensile reproductive organ, like some animals (http://www.rathergood.com/elephant/) have developed. :indif:

El Sitherino
02-26-2005, 07:04 AM
I feel a hatred growing within me...
such a rage could only be rivaled by The Hulk...

jon_hill987
02-26-2005, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Pie™
Or possible a prehensile reproductive organ, like some animals (http://www.rathergood.com/elephant/) have developed. :indif:

WTF?! and I thought the bone rings thing was scary.

Neverhoodian
02-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Pie™
Or possible a prehensile reproductive organ, like some animals (http://www.rathergood.com/elephant) have developed. :indif:
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm... between that and the thread's original topic, the WTF factor of this thread just went through the roof. :eyeraise:

Now if you will excuse me, I must bludgeon myself to death with a can of ravioli.

tags
02-26-2005, 12:17 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Pie™
Or possible a prehensile reproductive organ, like some animals have developed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I thought the BONE rings were desturbing!:eek:

BongoBob
02-26-2005, 11:53 PM
Well, that's just plain fraggin creepy.

The sad thing is, I know quite a few chicks that would take this over a regular old fashioned ring : |

jon_hill987
02-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
So does that mean I can have a ring fashioned from 3 fetus'?

Or perhaps a ring fashioned out of a fossilized marijuana plant.

Or blue tack, or a hula-hoop (the potato ring snack), or wax, or air, Air now there's a good one. If you were out on the town no one would know you were married...

El Sitherino
02-27-2005, 02:34 AM
The possibilities are ENDLESS! :O!

IG-64
02-27-2005, 02:45 AM
You can make a wedding ring with your lover's finger.

[EDIT] I got it! Couples could simply tattoo rings onto their fingers.

That would actually be kinda cool...

>_>

GothiX
02-27-2005, 03:00 AM
Due to the way your nerves run, you're capable oflosing all feeling in your finger, hadn, wrist, arm and shoulder if your tattoo is placed incorrectly. Would that really be worth it?

jon_hill987
02-27-2005, 03:32 AM
I don't think it would be worth it, but then i'm not the sort to get any tatoo or piercing.

ET Warrior
02-27-2005, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by GothiX
Due to the way your nerves run, you're capable oflosing all feeling in your finger, hadn, wrist, arm and shoulder if your tattoo is placed incorrectly. Would that really be worth it?

I think it'd be best to just use a permanent marker. Then you could make it like a weekly ceremony with your spouse to darken your rings :D