PDA

View Full Version : I'm so avoiding Kentucky.

GothiX
03-01-2005, 06:56 AM
http://www.lex18.com/Global/story.asp?S=2989614&nav=EQlpWjof

People there are crazy, I tell you.

jon_hill987
03-01-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm confused:confused: , is the writer of "dawn of the dead" a terrorist aswell?

toms
03-01-2005, 07:29 AM
These kind of obvious miscarriages of justice always depress me, because I used to assume that they would get thrown out pretty darn quick, but after reading about several people who have been jailed, lost jobs or livelyhoods due to obviously daft law enforcement I now just worry that the same will happen in this case...

Anyone find an email address for clark county sherrifs so we can email them and point out they look like idiots?

Be nice to do something constructive for a change...

toms
03-01-2005, 08:06 AM
I guess the clark county attourney is responsible, so you could always (polietely) pester him:

clarkcoatty@winchesterky.com

:D

Point him at the news article and say that we are all laughing at clark county law :D

ps/ why does the lucasforums database always start playing up at this time in the afternoon?

El Sitherino
03-01-2005, 08:44 AM
That's stupid. Hindering the kids creativity, screw that.

Curt-Man
03-01-2005, 03:03 PM
what dumbasses, i mean come on, if they found some of the stuff ive written as fiction, i would be on fricken death row man.

Vikinor
03-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Isn't Kentucky full of hicks/rednecks?

Leper Messiah
03-01-2005, 05:50 PM
thats PATHETIC

IG-64
03-01-2005, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
Isn't Kentucky full of hicks/rednecks?

I say you he dead :p

This is rediculous, and I cannot believe the court did not recognise it. He should be free.

Mike Windu
03-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Free Hat! Free Hat!

Oh wait... :p

Man, that sucks. Kentucky is right above me :(
What the hell was the court/law enforcement thinking when they arrested the kid? Honestly, these policemen just jump on anything that kids do these days.

*awaits news story about police arresting kids for carrying highlighters*

Zappa_0
03-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu

Man, that sucks. Kentucky is right above me :(

Hehhehe Tennessee Trash :D j/k Yea the story is stupid.

Mike Windu
03-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Ya know what Zappa.

If I had a dollar for every brain you don't have, I'd have one dollar!

:p

Zappa_0
03-01-2005, 07:49 PM
I was only joking, some one was gonna say it sooner or later one :D

TiE23
03-01-2005, 08:23 PM
The same thing happened at my elementary school in California. A 6th grader who was smart and liked to write, made a story similar to the story. Luckily he wasn't arrested or anything, though he was expelled. He was a cool kid, too.
Everyone is a suspect, everyone is a victim, fairness and hard work are gone, and common sense is M.I.A. :disaprove

This was before terrorism and Columbine, so this has always been a problem.

TiE

Rogue15
03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
good for the kids. they deserve it.

narfblat
03-01-2005, 09:27 PM
1. Free speech?
2. Zombies have nothing to do with terrorists. (unless you read the Tabloids)
3. How can they consider something like that a threat?
4. Why did they raise bail?
5. If they do think a student is troubled, why don't they try counseling first?
6. What were his grandparents snooping around for?
7. The whole town has been over-run by zombies. I wish they were seeking brains.

XERXES
03-01-2005, 10:58 PM
So this kid can rent Dawn of the Dead at Blockbuster, but not write about it?

I'm tired of how this country is so freaked out about terrorists. I turn the news on and I get this vibe like "omfg the terrorists are right around the corner and are about to jump out and plant bombs and explode our babies run!!!1 But wait! I must film it and die for the country so they can see the horror!"

*important news man* "Wait thers no need to run, the terror alert level was raised to indigo!"

Astrotoy7
03-01-2005, 11:37 PM
Firstly, I will say Im a bit disappointed, I though this was going to be one of those cool stories where someone discovered a finger in their KFC .....

secondly, reading that linky, that is just damn ridiculous...that poor high school kid getting arrested as a terrorost for writing about zombies ..... wow, Im glad nothing like that happens in australia(yet)......

mtfbwya

jebbers
03-02-2005, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Everyone is a suspect, everyone is a victim, fairness and hard work are gone, and common sense is M.I.A. :disaprove

thats a quotable goodness

bummer for the kid though....

GothiX
03-02-2005, 03:18 AM
I wouldn't mind America's strictness about stuff like this, if it'd help them to arrest terrorists. Sad fact is; it doesn't.

IG-64
03-02-2005, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by XERXES
omfg the terrorists are right around the corner and are about to jump out and plant bombs and explode our babies run!!!1

XD

I get the same vibes, it's been that way since 9/11. Every time those buildings show up in any show or movie my mom always goes "Look, the twin towers! There they are! Ooooo, creepy!". And everyones been on terror alert orange, like in American Dad.

I mean, it's not like I don't care about what happened on 9/11, but it's like the terrorists won, it's like they got what they wanted, because now we're all terrified.

:/

El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 04:54 AM
Am I the only one that thinks it'd be an interesting death to die by "terrorists"?

Who wants to die being old, rotting in the house, and the only reason you were found was because your death stench bothered your neighbor while they did yoga?

And yes, the terrorists won, look at the TV. All we ever hear about is this BS. I just love to yell at people that bring that crap up "STOP BEING A PANSY! Who cares if a terrorist drank the same milk as you, if anything that means it's NOT poisoned."
People need to accept their own mortality. -_-

Everyone is a suspect, everyone is a victim, fairness and hard work are gone, and common sense is M.I.A. :disaprove Gotta love Lewis Black yo. :D

swphreak
03-02-2005, 04:57 AM
So that's why they're called terrorists! :o

:rolleyes:

I'm going to write a short story about how a character that sounds like me, but isn't, takes over the world and destroys a government that sounds like the US, but isn't... oh and it doesn't take place on Earth.... and it uses technology we don't have. I'm a terrorist from the future!

Anywho... I say we get the garden hose, and drag the judge, district attorny, and police officers involved in this case out back.

Neverhoodian
03-02-2005, 06:54 AM
That's so stupid. What the heck are they thinking?!

Sounds like the state's a wee bit paranoid from playing Resident Evil and watching B-rated horror movies. I seriously doubt terrorists are recruiting legions of the undead that eat brains. Good thing the town's not called Raccoon City, or they'd probably give the kid the death penalty. :rolleyes:

Redwing
03-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Neverhoodian
I seriously doubt terrorists are recruiting legions of the undead that eat brains.

You never know, man...YOU NEVER KNOW

El Sitherino
03-02-2005, 12:22 PM
Well it would explain some things...

toms
03-04-2005, 06:39 AM
do you think in 30 years or so people will look back and realise that 9/12 was the day the terrorists won? Or will we be so far down the 1984/Starship Troopers route to controlled populations that no-one will ever know?

Thats the problem with deciding that normal rights don't apply to terrorists (as the UK and US and many other countries have now done)... once you get defined as a terrorist it is almost impossible to prove that you aren't, as you no longer have any rights... and the government doesn't have to tell anyone (including you) why they think you are a terrorist anyway.

FUD

acdcfanbill
03-05-2005, 01:18 PM
this is their plan you know, weaken the western world until islamic domination is achievable.

Vikinor
03-05-2005, 08:44 PM
It is like the Medieval times. If you are called a witch everyone goes insane. "BURN HER!" I wonder if it is any more civilized today with the terrorists now. I can just see this kid from the middle east sitting in school and says something that has to do with terrorism and all the american kids go whacko and scream "TERRORIST!" then the authorities come and he is arrested. And exactly how do Zombies who are dead and don't exsist link to Terrorists who are alive(the ones we haven't killed yet) and do exsist?

XERXES
03-05-2005, 09:02 PM
This just in...a suspicious man was seen running around town in artic camo. He was repeatedly pulling out his gun, swirling it, and then pulling out a knife while jumping around. He was carrying a suspicious tan rectangle box and was constantly saying "Go! Go! Go!" as he ran around main street. Authorities have been alerted, but havent arrived on the scene yet. Their using Counter Strike, a popular video game, to learn tatics of various Terrorist orginizations so they can better combat them IRL.

tags
03-05-2005, 10:37 PM
not sure what i think, not quite enough info on the actual story. if it is a fictional story, cops would be able to tell on how it's written. So, yeah, I think he is guilty. why can't people use a lie detactor and get it over with?

atleast he didn't use the classic "That's not mine."

Vikinor
03-05-2005, 11:56 PM
You think the kid that wrote that stuff should be in prison?!

jokemaster
03-06-2005, 12:15 AM
This just in:
Tom Clancy and Micheal Crichton on death row.

Vikinor
03-06-2005, 12:20 AM
And J.K. Rowling for a boy named Harry whose parents were MURDERED. OH MY!

TiE23
03-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Gotta love Lewis Black yo. :D Huh? Who's Lewis Black? :confused:

And people, like the president are "faareeking oout" thinking that the "terrorists" has a nuke, when the only things they have used are grenades, and 30 yearold motar shells

Terrorists:
Camo suit ($50)
AK-47s ($300)
Soviet Grenades ($50 each)
Home-made bombs ($250)
Machetes ($30)
Toyota pick-ups ($10,000)
1 used soviet tank ($75,000)
TNT used for suicide bombs ($150)
RPG-7s ($450)
Two Way Radio System ($1000)
Allah on their side (Priceless)

US Army:
M16A2s ($1000)
M4s ($950)
Missle Launchers ($1000 - $6000)
Bombs (10,000kg kind) ($100,000 - $250,000)
M1 Abrams ($1,000,000)
Motar Launchers ($6000)
Hummves ($50,000)
Body Armor ($1000)
B52 ($250,000,000)
Cruise Missles ($1,000,000)
Guidence Systems ($1000)
Black Hawk Helis ($2,000,000)
Subs ($20,000,000 - $100,000,000)
Air Craft Carriers (God knows how much, $10,000,000,000?)
250 Nuclear bombs (Priceless)

TiE

XERXES
03-06-2005, 09:13 PM

And people, like the president are "faareeking oout" thinking that the "terrorists" has a nuke, when the only things they have used are grenades, and 30 yearold motar shells
And AK-47s.

But besides that, those weapons can still kill. Regardless, the people being freaked out is purely the result of the news media and nothing else.

El Sitherino
03-06-2005, 09:20 PM
the people being freaked out is purely the result of the news media and nothing else. The governments too. *points to homeland security* It's all BS just trying to keep people in fear.

XERXES
03-06-2005, 09:47 PM
It wouldnt work as well without the media to overexagerate and blow everything out of proportion.

Seriously, a 30min-1hr long discussion on how and why the terror alert level was raised is the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

They kinda go hand and hand.

El Sitherino
03-06-2005, 10:14 PM
It wouldnt work as well without the media to overexagerate and blow everything out of proportion.

Seriously, a 30min-1hr long discussion on how and why the terror alert level was raised is the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.

They kinda go hand and hand. Which is why I pointed out the goverments were also to blame because your earlier post made it seem like you were laying it completely on the media.

TiE23
03-07-2005, 02:14 AM
The media guys are just trying to make people more scared so they are glued to the TV so they see the advertisments so they can make money.
But its not really their fault.... or maybe it is. :-\

TiE

Vikinor
03-07-2005, 11:00 PM
I heard that that is why a lot of people voted for Bush. I heard his campaign was scaring people about terrorists so they would vote for him. I ONLY HEARD THAT. I do not support it, but I do think it is very possible.

XERXES
03-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Personally, I voted for him because he was the lesser of 2 idiots. Though its still siding with idiots.

Rogue15
03-08-2005, 01:10 AM
i voted for him cause the other guy wasn't going to do ****.

Redwing
03-08-2005, 03:31 PM
Ya, better to have the guy who we can count on to actively screw things up then the guy who would've (could've?) just sat around and watched other people screw things up.

Oh wait.

Well anyway, anyone who knows anything about media, marketing, etc is that the best way to get people to look at/think about something is to highly exaggerate it. Otherwise it slips off their scopes. Do you notice this sentence right off the bat? OR DO YOU NOTICE THIS SENTENCE. And make no mistake. Electing a president is all about marketing.

tags
03-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Redwing
Do you notice this sentence right off the bat? OR DO YOU NOTICE THIS SENTENCE. And make no mistake. Electing a president is all about marketing.

the 2nd sentence, gotta be the 2nd sentence.

Vikinor
03-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Well I am glad i'm not old enough to vote yet. It would be so hard to choose between an idiot and a sissy. :D No really that is hard.

tags
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Well I am glad i'm not old enough to vote yet. It would be so hard to choose between an idiot and a sissy. :D No really that is hard.

when you are old enough, just kick back, relax, and laugh at the people who do vote.

Vikinor
03-08-2005, 08:21 PM
If you do that P.Diddy will kill you.

tags
03-08-2005, 08:29 PM
If you do that P.Diddy will kill you.

why would I care about P.Diddy, besides, how do ya get that name from puff daddy?....diddy?

ET Warrior
03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by tags
when you are old enough, just kick back, relax, and laugh at the people who do vote.

Well, if that's your choice, then you have absolutely no room to complain about the state of affairs in the country, since you choose not to participate in the democratic process.

tags
03-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
Well, if that's your choice, then you have absolutely no room to complain about the state of affairs in the country, since you choose not to participate in the democratic process.

actually, I do. name 10 good things the government has done for americans

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 09:03 PM
actually, I do. name 10 good things the government has done for americans Well, they haven't had us beaten in the streets (yet).

tags
03-08-2005, 09:20 PM
and the other 9?

CapNColostomy
03-08-2005, 09:38 PM
and the other 9?

You're really naive if you think that there are 10 or less positive things that the American government has done for its citizens. What's the deal with all the naive America bashing types on this forum recently? That was a rhetorical question.

tags
03-08-2005, 10:14 PM
true but I didn't fully make my point. You can easily name ten things america has done for regular people but then name ten things america has done for natives. every native has a reason to not like america. (just stating my opinion) hey, free country right? but is it? why are there still reservations?

lukeiamyourdad
03-08-2005, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by CapNColostomy
What's the deal with all the naive America bashing types on this forum recently?

Non-americans like to take punches at americans. We like it. We just do. Natural thing for us.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that your soldiers in Iraq just killed an Italian hero.

Vikinor
03-08-2005, 10:40 PM
Italy? What are they doing in Iraq?

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:01 PM
true but I didn't fully make my point. You can easily name ten things america has done for regular people but then name ten things america has done for natives. every native has a reason to not like america. (just stating my opinion) hey, free country right? but is it? why are there still reservations? How'd this turn into a debate about Native Americans?

Anyway, I agree with you about the reservations, and pretty much the entire history of it. But you need to present actual valid arguments instead of just crap like "name 10 things america has done, etc."

Digs at America are fine if they're valid. But baseless arguments are crap. So expect backlash towards them.

tags
03-08-2005, 11:05 PM
How'd this turn into a debate about Native Americans?

Anyway, I agree with you about the reservations, and pretty much the entire history of it. But you need to present actual valid arguments instead of just crap like "name 10 things america has done, etc."

Digs at America are fine if they're valid. But baseless arguments are crap. So expect backlash towards them.

I give crap and expect crap back, it is true about the "10 things" though. hard to come up with 10. my complaints are mostly to the gov't. I leave this place out from now on. sound good?

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
Non-americans like to take punches at americans. We like it. We just do. Natural thing for us. And racists like to pick on other races. Doesn't make it right, doesn't mean they can just spout off bull****.

Not saying you do Luke, but some people need to learn the difference between presenting a valid point and just agreeing with others because it's popular to hate America.

ET Warrior
03-08-2005, 11:12 PM
actually, I do. name 10 good things the government has done for americans

And yet you choose to sit by and do nothing, even something so simple as voting to try and effect change. ERGO, you have NO room to complain.

kthxbye.

tags
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
And yet you choose to sit by and do nothing, even something so simple as voting to try and effect change. ERGO, you have NO room to complain.

kthxbye.
hey, I'm 15 and nuthin but a stupid little freshman. I'm gonna talk nonsense, jiberish, and argue needlessly over stupid stuff.

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:16 PM
Hell even civil disobedience. If you want change you have to make it happen, not just sit around talking crap on the internet. Go to protest rally's do something other than being a no-action bull****ter.

tags
03-08-2005, 11:18 PM
Go to protest rally's do something other than being a no-action bull****ter.

like I said: "hey, I'm 15 and nuthin but a stupid little freshman. I'm gonna talk nonsense, jiberish, and argue needlessly over stupid stuff."

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:19 PM
hey, I'm 15 and nuthin but a stupid little freshman. I'm gonna talk nonsense, jiberish, and argue needlessly over stupid stuff. Or perhaps you can mature, and think rationally. Tyrion is like... 14 and he atleast gives valid points in his arguments. Instead of hiding behind that "I'm just a simple teenager" try and grow up. I'm not going to try and be your parents or anything, but you need to grow up. 15 years old is no excuse for spouting crap, acting like some kind of helpless victim only to claim you can't do anything to change it. You can always do something, regardless of how old you are. If you are capable of recognizing a problem, you are capable of fighting to correct that problem.

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:21 PM
like I said: "hey, I'm 15 and nuthin but a stupid little freshman. I'm gonna talk nonsense, jiberish, and argue needlessly over stupid stuff." ... you're a fool. I've protested for years, well before I was 15. Instead of blaming your "inability" to do something on your age, blame it on your being lazy.

Our ancestors didn't just sit around and bitch, they fought back. Don't be disgraceful.

tags
03-08-2005, 11:36 PM
haha!! I look back at this whole page with all my crappy talk on there. I find it amuseing that I sit here argueing over something so silly and, well, dumb. You keep doin what your doin but I GIVE UP! you win, case closed. my crap don't mean nuttin anyway. i speak jiberish.

TiE23
03-08-2005, 11:42 PM
"Insane Sith, been rearing the children of Lucasforums volluntarily for over 2 months."
The only arguments he can win are ones with teenagers. :rolleyes:
Don't worry tags, we freshmen can fight off the babysitter together. :p

I like these threads :D Its great for expressing ideas freely.

TiE

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
You'd like to think so wouldn't you. Whatever helps you keep from crying yourself to sleep at night.

tags
03-08-2005, 11:45 PM
"Insane Sith, been rearing the children of Lucasforums volluntarily for over 2 months."
Don't worry tags, we freshmen can fight off the babysitter together. :p

I like these threads :D Its great for expressing ideas freely.

TiE
aahhh! interesting, this true Sith? you only fight with youngens?
tsk, tsk, tsk, you should be ashamed.

ET Warrior
03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
The only arguments he can win are ones with teenagers. :rolleyes:E

It's not his fault that the only people whose ideas are so juvenile that it is possible to destroy them quickly in an argument are teenagers.

zing!

TiE23
03-08-2005, 11:47 PM
NO!

~ET

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 11:49 PM
*Flame removed* I'm sorry you feel so bad about yourself you need to make personal attacks toward others over the internet to feel better.

Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Woaaahhhhhhh, break it up guys. This is degrading fast and furiously into flame country.

ET Warrior
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
This thread is degenerating, and I myself am feeling drawn in by all the flame-baiting, so it's done. This thread is closed.