PDA

View Full Version : A Scanner Darkly?

jebbers
03-04-2005, 08:51 AM
anyone ever hear of or read the book?

well its a movie now...and the animation is awesome looking!

Check it out (http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808626786)

and i seen someone who had a sig/av combo goin but i forgot who....

El Sitherino
03-04-2005, 08:57 AM
KBell has it for his sig. I liked reading the bits I've read. But I hate Keanu Reeves trying to be serious. He's no good at it, so this movie really doesn't interest me.

And it's not animation, it's real actors but a filter(rotoscope animation filter) was used to get the cel shading, the director has done this in another film, but the name escapes me right now.

Samuel Dravis
03-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Based on a story by Phillip K Dick, eh? I don't know. I was kind of ambivalent about Blade Runner (based on his short story Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep). I don't really like dystopian scifi...maybe if it gets good reviews I'll watch it.

IG-64
03-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Agh, the fake animation looks too... fake. Some of it just looks plain real with outlines on it. And it keeps convulsing. Boo. :P

And by convulsing, I don't mean the part's where they're actually morphing into other things, I mean the parts where they're just sitting there.

TiE23
03-05-2005, 12:19 PM
Looks neat, but inaccurate.

TiE

acdcfanbill
03-05-2005, 01:07 PM
im pretty excited about this, since i rather like most all of Phillip K Dicks works that i have read. Even the Blade Runner movie, while taking a lot of liberties from the book, was still really good :)