PDA

View Full Version : Napoleon Dynamite


Darth Groovy
03-08-2005, 01:57 AM
I know this movie is not exactly new, but I just saw it for the first time about 2 days ago with my GF.

Very funny stuff! Reminds me alot of Ferris Buhler type humor for some reason.

Anybody else like this kind of humor?

Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 02:15 AM
hold on, Groovy, ...you forgot to put in the crystals for this thread.

*puts in activation crystals*

Proceed.

There's so so many reasons why Napoleon is great. Practically every line that issued forth from his mouth in that movie was an award winner. Lest we forget,

"Tina! Come get some ham!"

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs - lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

"I caught you a delicious bass."

"You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff. "


http://nhjm.net/~pcdthebum/Images/napoleon.gif

And remember, kids, vote for Pedro.

Tyrion
03-08-2005, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
hold on, Groovy, ...you forgot to put in the crystals for this thread.

*puts in activation crystals*

Proceed.

There's so so many reasons why Napoleon is great. Practically every line that issued forth from his mouth in that movie was an award winner. Lest we forget,

"Tina! Come get some ham!"

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs - lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

"I caught you a delicious bass."

"You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff. "


http://nhjm.net/~pcdthebum/Images/napoleon.gif

And remember, kids, vote for Pedro.

Oh Rhett, I pity you. I can't believe you forgot the "It's a cross between a Tiger and a Lion. I call it a Liger." quote.

But the bo-staff one is hilarious too. :p

Darth Groovy
03-08-2005, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
hold on, Groovy, ...you forgot to put in the crystals for this thread.

*puts in activation crystals*

Proceed.

There's so so many reasons why Napoleon is great. Practically every line that issued forth from his mouth in that movie was an award winner. Lest we forget,

"Tina! Come get some ham!"

"Dang! You got shocks, pegs - lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

"I caught you a delicious bass."

"You know, there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bo staff. "


http://nhjm.net/~pcdthebum/Images/napoleon.gif

And remember, kids, vote for Pedro.

Damn, I seen that gif image about 2 months ago, and been looking for it ever since. You are my savior! :eek:

*votes for Pedro*

Darth Groovy
03-08-2005, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Rhett claims that whatever Napoleon Dynamite says sounds like it would be something I might say and some of what he does is what I might do. Dang, I could sure for, like, a lot of money. Gosh!

Rhett told me you wear velcro snow boots all year around too. :)

narfblat
03-08-2005, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Rhett claims that whatever Napoleon Dynamite says sounds like it would be something I might say and some of what he does is what I might do. What are you going to do today, Chase Windu?
*waits for "Whatever I feel like doing, Gosh!"*

That movie was weird, but entertaining.

BTW, I'm voting for Summer.

Darth Groovy
03-08-2005, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by narfblat

BTW, I'm voting for Summer.

*watches as a cadillac full of latino gangsters pulls up and gives narfblat a cold dirty look*

jon_hill987
03-08-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Oh Rhett, I pity you. I can't believe you forgot the "It's a cross between a Tiger and a Lion. I call it a Liger." quote.

They exist, so why is that funny?

http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm

Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 04:45 AM
This is why,

http://www.tearusapart.com/fresyes/pics/liger.jpg

Anymore questions? :xp:

coupes.
03-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Anyone care to say... who the hell this guys is ! :confused:

jon_hill987
03-08-2005, 04:48 AM
ok, that's pretty funny...

Boba Rhett
03-08-2005, 04:53 AM
Who is he?

He's a man out to prove that he's got nothing to prove, my dear boy. :cool:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jul04/napdyn_070904_big.jpg

coupes.
03-08-2005, 04:56 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
Who is he?

He's a man out to prove that he's got nothing to prove, my dear boy. :cool:

I see... :o

*googles*

Doesn't look too "brainy"...

Darth Groovy
03-08-2005, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu
Really? You jealous? Maybe I can get you a matching pair.:p

Just give me this suit instead:



http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/owlive/img/jul04/napdyn_070904_big.jpg

My GF thinks he's cute....:eek:

MTV2
03-08-2005, 09:24 AM
that movies is the best. when we had our student elections, soo many people put an extra box and wrote pedro on it:p

Samuel Dravis
03-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I loved this movie. When asked about something I usually include "Gosh!" at the end if it is exceptionally obvious. :D

RoxStar
03-08-2005, 12:33 PM
I didn't like that movie.... Maybe I was just high?

Prime
03-08-2005, 01:11 PM
That is the only explanation for not enjoying this brilliant film.

ET Warrior
03-08-2005, 01:14 PM
I know a few people who hated it...but I know more people who love it like me :)

the_raven_03
03-08-2005, 01:19 PM
I do agree. It was a hilarious movie. When I saw it at theater, I immediately was thinking that I had to have this movie.

jon_hill987
03-08-2005, 02:02 PM
I know this is a bit off toppic but when I was looking for pictures of ligers i found this (http://www.lovinghands.com/images/People/TrentonCry.jpg) , it has to be the funniest thing I have seen all week.

TiE23
03-08-2005, 07:20 PM
I was so inspired by those Napoleon pics, I made these :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/deine_fuher.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/gordon_dynamite.jpg


http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/chicks.jpg
:D

TiE

tags
03-08-2005, 07:25 PM
what's it about? (nepoleon dynomite)

El Sitherino
03-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/chicks.jpg
He says babes, not chicks.

TheOutrider
03-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Dave Grohl
I didn't like that movie.... Maybe I was just high? Seems like everyone in that movie was high:D

it was a good movie, very funny.

She pronounced Quesodilla funny :D

wassup
03-08-2005, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by tags
what's it about? (nepoleon dynomite)

You really need to go see the movie to answer that. Go to Blockbuster and rent it NOW!

TiE23
03-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by wassup
You really need to go see the movie to answer that. Go to Blockbuster and rent it NOW! Yah, especially for a guy your age...

TiE

Astrotoy7
03-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Darth Groovy
....
My GF thinks he's cute....:eek:

...yeah, compared to you, he is.... :p

mtfbwya

jebbers
03-09-2005, 09:52 AM
like the pics TiE!

cant forget unlce rico!

"Watch this."
*throws steak patty at Napolean's face*

TiE23
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by jebbers
like the pics TiE!

cant forget unlce rico!

"Watch this."
*throws steak patty at Napolean's face*
I have the DVD and a DVD viewing prog on my comp so I can get pics, I'll make a Rico pic soon. :D
And thanks.

TiE

Writer
03-09-2005, 07:39 PM
I thought this was one of the most stupid movie I've ever seen... and I've watched it 3 times :D

TiE23
03-09-2005, 08:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/meat.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/ownednapoleon.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/kipowns.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/camp_idiots.jpg
I was making these thinking they would make great Sprays for CS
:D
Edit: Im now using the last one as my CS spray :D
Its great cause when ever I camp, I can spray it near my nest and say Im cool. And when I kill a camper, I can spray it as an insult... its awesome :D

TiE

Vikinor
03-10-2005, 04:45 PM
I just heard in school today that the guy who plays Napoleon died. Is that true? And yes all you google fans I used google and it's all mixed. Some yes some no.

Boba Rhett
03-10-2005, 04:51 PM
Uh. No. :xp:

ET Warrior
03-10-2005, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
I just heard in school today that the guy who plays Napoleon died. Is that true? And yes all you google fans I used google and it's all mixed. Some yes some no.

Were any of the Yes sites actual news websites? Because a death of someone who is fairly famous (especially with the almost cult following of ND) it would be something carried by real credible news sources.

The random rumors on message boards are rarely credible.

El Sitherino
03-10-2005, 05:10 PM
Not dead. (http://imdb.com/name/nm1417647/)
The rumour is months old, and can't be true as he had been on Leno after the rumour. You can see so in a thread there too.

*edit*
Found the snopes link.
click (http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/heder.asp)

RoxStar
03-10-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
I just heard in school today that the guy who plays Napoleon died. Is that true? And yes all you google fans I used google and it's all mixed. Some yes some no.

He went on the news and said he was still alive.

TiE23
03-10-2005, 05:42 PM
Heh, heres a pick of Jon Heder in non-Napoleon mode. :D

Link (http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2868/Events/2868/MarcForste_Vespa_4524132_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Heder,%20Jon)


TiE

El Sitherino
03-10-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Heh, heres a pick of Jon Heder in non-Napoleon mode. :D

http://i.imdb.com/mptv1.gif

TiE ... lol, You do realize that you just linked to a 1 x 1 clear gif don't you?

ET Warrior
03-10-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
... lol, You do realize that you just linked to a 1 x 1 clear gif don't you?

I dont understand, do you people not look at the posts you make after you click the submit button?

SUBMIT AND CLOSE!!!!!

TiE23
03-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I dont understand, do you people not look at the posts you make after you click the submit button?

SUBMIT AND CLOSE!!!!! Sorry, Im on a school computer, I thought it was blocking it out. jeez, don't freak out.

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/granitz/2868/Events/2868/MarcForste_Vespa_4524132_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Heder,%20Jon
And what do you mean by close?

TiE

Feanaro
03-10-2005, 07:44 PM
i for one didn't really enjoy this movie. Sure it had it's funny parts, but mostly it just annoyed me. Plus it was a huge rip off of movies like Bottle Rocket, and Royal Tennenbaums. Movies that were actually funny.

Feanaro
03-10-2005, 07:46 PM
Plus it was a huge rip off of movies like Bottle Rocket, and Royal Tennenbaums. Movies that were actually funny.
These movies came out before Napoleon Dynamite. Just in case you were confused.

El Sitherino
03-10-2005, 07:59 PM
I personally found Bottle Rocket... unamusing. :\

But to each their own.

Vikinor
03-10-2005, 09:16 PM
Royal Tennenbaums? I couldn't get into that movie or even understand it.

Darth Groovy
03-12-2005, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
...yeah, compared to you, he is.... :p

mtfbwya

Your hand will stick out of your grave...

:tsk: