PDA

View Full Version : Video to Image


legameboy
03-11-2005, 05:30 PM
This has been one of the most answered questions in the history of mankind... or not...

*looks at Astro*

How can I take a certain frame(s) from a video clip (such as .mov, .avi, .etc), capture them, and save them as an image (.jpg, .gif, .png, .etc)?

*waits patiently*

Boba Rhett
03-11-2005, 05:34 PM
It entirely depends on the program you're using to view the video and what kind of video it is. Ctrl + I works well in WMP.

IG-64
03-11-2005, 05:35 PM
I'm not sure.

Usually you can prnt scrn (press print screen button, it will put it to clipboard, then paste in paint) it will work.


But, sometimes it doesn't, and I have yet to figure out how to get around it.

ZBomber
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
I'm not sure.

Usually you can prnt scrn (press print screen button, it will put it to clipboard, then paste in paint) it will work.


But, sometimes it doesn't, and I have yet to figure out how to get around it.

That doesn't usually work, as it just comes up with a black screen. control+I is what I do...

Astrotoy7
03-11-2005, 08:57 PM
ahem....move aside amateurs :p

yeah, what Rhettski says is mostly true...

it depends what file format you have....

you can use ctrl + i in wmp but wmp is a pile of crap... but Im sure you knew that....

if you want frame by frame control eg. for making gifs etc, the obvious choice is win dvd.... windvd 6 now supports this type pf control not just mpeg but mpeg2(dvd), avi, wmv, rm and qt files.... it is da bomb dammit... :D

also, save all your sequential images and use a program like Gif Movie Gear to make a cool animated gif.

alternately, if for some reason you need to *convert* videos....eg. I just converted my trailer from .mov --> to mpeg2 and ripped it on a dvd so I could watch it on the big TV :) the greatest converter in the universe is called TmpgEnc.... :p

mtfbwya

MTV2
03-11-2005, 11:43 PM
i use that, though you have to pay for win dvd:rolleyes:

TheOutrider
03-12-2005, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Boba Rhett
It entirely depends on the program you're using to view the video and what kind of video it is. Ctrl + I works well in WMP. where does the file end up?

Boba Rhett
03-12-2005, 12:25 AM
It brings up a box and you specify where.

TheOutrider
03-12-2005, 02:37 AM
also, how do you record something without using windows microphone thing?

It allows me to only go up to 60:00

Astrotoy7
03-17-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by TheOutrider
also, how do you record something without using windows microphone thing?

It allows me to only go up to 60:00

heh. soundrecoder is a pile of crap :p

try your windows movie maker first, it usually lies in (from start menu)

start> Programs>Accessories>Entertainment

it has an audio capture module. You can also use the new Nero, or there a quite a few audio capture progs out there :)

mtfbwya