PDA

View Full Version : Any good manual 35-mm SLR cameras?

Acrylic
03-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I'm doing class registrations for next year, and I'm thinking of taking photo, and I'm wondering if there are any good quality manual 35-mm SLR camera's to buy for a fair price at stores or on the internet?

Thanks,
Acrylic

KBell
03-14-2005, 09:53 PM
Your school doesnt let you rent them out?

lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2005, 10:05 PM
It's still better if you own it.

KBell
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad
It's still better if you own it.

Well if he's taking it for a class there's no point in spending $200 on a new camera when you can just rent one out.

Acrylic
03-14-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Your school doesnt let you rent them out?

They do, but I saw that they're not good really...

But I dunno, I may do it in 12th grade...

Tyrion
03-14-2005, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I'm doing class registrations for next year, and I'm thinking of taking photo, and I'm wondering if there are any good quality manual 35-mm SLR camera's to buy for a fair price at stores or on the internet?

Thanks,
Acrylic

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/olympus/d535z-review/index.shtml

That's a review of the camerica I have, and it's 38mm for $150, well in the range you want, right? I don't know what exactly you mean by SLR though, I think you're talking about the lcd screen? Anyway, it has a few extra modes(night shot, portrait, auto, landscape, ect.) built in and is 3.2 megapixels and can take quicktime movies too. I don't have much experience with the video capture, but the pictures I take are well definied and clear.

Unless you're talking about a real camera that uses film, in which case I have no clue. Sorry.

lukeiamyourdad
03-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Well if he's taking it for a class there's no point in spending $200 on a new camera when you can just rent one out.

He can use it for other means too. Besides, anyone could use a new camera :S

KBell
03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
Unless you're talking about a real camera that uses film, in which case I have no clue. Sorry.

I think he is. My class requires non-digital cameras for photolab and darkroom development etc. His might be different though.

El Sitherino
03-15-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion
I don't know what exactly you mean by SLR though, I think you're talking about the lcd screen? No. SLR = Single Lens Reflex. Cameras with the interchangable scopes, uses film, all that.

The Wolf Camera near me sells a lot of the manual SLR's, usually have great prices. Perhaps there might be one near you. Online I'm not sure though. <_<