PDA

View Full Version : Well, this sucks.

TK-8252
03-21-2005, 01:08 AM
I just recieved word that my grandmother has died.

She was going to dinner when she started feeling dizzy and dropped dead. They couldn't revive her in the ambulence. That's all I know for now.

And I was going to fly out to California this summer to visit her. Why couldn't she have lasted a little longer so I could see one more time? :(

IG-64
03-21-2005, 01:21 AM
:eek:

:(

I'm so sorry dude, it must've been a shock.

Sabretooth
03-21-2005, 01:22 AM
Yeah, sure sucks. Happened to me, too. My grandmother died about half a year ago. I feel so sorry that I never got to meet her, after all the fun and talk we would share when I was little. I still regret it. Still, there's no avoiding it.

El Sitherino
03-21-2005, 01:22 AM
**** man, that sucks. :(

Alegis
03-21-2005, 01:54 AM
My condolences. Lost both grandparents on my mother's side

CapNColostomy
03-21-2005, 01:58 AM
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Anthony
03-21-2005, 02:00 AM
Yeah, I know how you feel.

My grandpa just died last Thursday. At least he died really really peacefully in hospital with family with him.

Condolences man.

coupes.
03-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Sorry to hear that... I know how you must feel. :(

Astrotoy7
03-21-2005, 02:51 AM
condolences to you and your family.

On my mum's side my grandfather died when I was 9 or so. My grandmother died last year. I didnt get to know my other grandparents as they lived overseas, they have both passed away now too...

for those of you with living grandparents....savour the moments you are with them. Sure they may be a bit strange, cranky or even smelly, but they are your heritage, and you can actually learn alot from them :)

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
03-21-2005, 03:02 AM
As one of many here who has felt the loss of a grandparent, I offer you my sincere condolences.

I have a very large family, and many of them are getting up in years, so I'm no stranger to the loss of a loved one. It never gets easy, and it's always very sad.

Take comfort in the company of others with whom you are close.

Pie™
03-21-2005, 06:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've lost 3 grandparents myself, but all were already ill.

*hugs TK*

Joetheeskimo
03-21-2005, 07:35 AM
Really sorry to hear that, man. :( Two of my grandparents died while I was an infant...

narfblat
03-21-2005, 09:57 AM
You have my condolences.

Two of my grandparents died a few years ago, and my grandmother is getting Parkinson's disease. She seems to be getting slower and slower.

IG-64
03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah, I love my grandmas. My grandpa on my dad's side died before I was born, I think cause he smoked. And my grandpa on my mom's side died from a rare disease when I was about 6 or 7. Both of my great grandpas died before I was born, and my great grandmas dies just a few years ago.

I jut hope it doesn't carry on to me and my bro >_>

Doomie
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
Dude, that DOES indeed suck.

My condolences.

TK-8252
03-21-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
for those of you with living grandparents....savour the moments you are with them. Sure they may be a bit strange, cranky or even smelly, but they are your heritage, and you can actually learn alot from them :)

Amen to that. Cherish the moments you have with your grandparents because they're not going to be around much longer. :(

Originally posted by Pie™
*hugs TK*

Are you trying to make me feel worse? :( :)

RebelScum!
03-21-2005, 12:50 PM
Sorry to hear that old buddy.:( Anyway hang on there you'll feel better;)

Dagobahn Eagle
03-21-2005, 01:21 PM
It does truly suck to lose someone you love. I can't really say anything but sorry.

TiE23
03-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Condolences to all of you that have lost anyone in their family. May they rest in peace.

TiE

LightNinja
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
i know how you feel TK, my grandfather just died last tuesday while i was in a trip around germany...:( , but well he had cancer and i knew that i wasnt going to see him again after i came back from the trip so before going i stayed the last evening with him and i could say him bye, thats all, i just cant remember it without getting my eyes full of tears

ZBomber
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Wow, loosing a grandparent is hard enough, but when you had no clue at all? :( That must really hurt. Sorry to hear that, man. :(

Darth Groovy
03-21-2005, 03:23 PM
My grandfather died in 2001, I was on my way to see him when he passed.

I know exactly how you feel right now.

I am sorry for your loss.

Mex
03-21-2005, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear that TK, its a shame that you had no clue so you could spend some more time with her. :( I'm lucky I some kind of warning for my grandmother, she caught cancer about a week ago, so hopefully I'll get to spend some time with her.

TiE23
03-21-2005, 05:38 PM
Both of my grandpas died within a month of eachother in 2002, both of cancer.
And around the same time, my grandma had cancer, but she is fine today.

TiE

PR-0927
03-21-2005, 08:33 PM
I'm sorry man. Both of my paternal grandparents died a while ago. I wish I could have known them more. I went to India a lot and all, it's just that their hearing and speech was aged. They also spoke in Hindi, which I am not too good at.

Sorry again.

:fett:

Vikinor
03-21-2005, 09:53 PM
Sorry to hear that. Same thing happened to me. I was going to Sweden with my father to see my grandmother because she had gotten sick and didn't have much time left. She died before I got there, but my dad had ben taking flights from Sweden to the U.S. constantly so he was there when she died. I didn't know her that well and I had only seen her once or twice when I was around 3 or 4 years old so it didn't hurt very bad, but you(TK) on the other hand probably knew your grandmother more than I knew mine. So it most likely hurts more. Sorry about your loss.

Kurgan
03-22-2005, 04:09 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, TK.

My grandma has terminal cancer, we expect her to go anytime, though she's lived a lot longer than anyone expected, and she's in good spirits. One of my grandfathers died suddenly of a heart attack, and that was quite a shock. The other slowly died of Alzheimers which was a lot harder. So you have my sympathies.

May she rest in peace!

BongoBob
03-23-2005, 03:43 PM
My condolences man :(

My grandma has a hard disease and has almost died twice. I cherish every moment because I know that she can go anytime now :(

Mr Wally
03-28-2005, 03:26 AM
I know how you feel. On my dads side my Grandmother has had two brain tumors, and has lost all capibilities of short term memory, while she can remember stuf that happened years ago (the doctors removed part of her cerebral cortex along with the tumor, I'm not sure exactly how it works) while my Grandpa is is recovering from being in intensive care from months, on my mom's side my grandma died from the wrong hosbital medication a few months ago and my grandpa whos in his nineties still thinks his great aunt lives down the street. :(

Breton
03-28-2005, 03:52 AM
Sorry to hear.

Can't say I know how you feel, though. All my grandparents are alive, and most are healthy too. Guess I'm lucky.

kipperthefrog
03-28-2005, 10:35 AM
Only one of my ganddad's died. and my uncle died drunk driving. I never knew them well anyway. I haven't lost anyone close yet, however Im sure soon my time will come. I imagine I'll go nuts. part of life.

I soppose dying is better than living forever on the frozen planet after the sun goes out.

boinga1
03-28-2005, 01:32 PM
My condolences for your loss.

Kusanavi
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I know the feeling. I'm sorry for your loss, you have my condolences. :(

TK-8252
04-02-2005, 05:16 AM
We're about to leave for the airport. Hope we have a safe flight.

I'll be back after the weekend.

CapNColostomy
04-02-2005, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
I soppose dying is better than living forever on the frozen planet after the sun goes out.

Huh? **** that noise. If I could live forever, sun or no ****ing sun, I would do it. Why would it matter if you had the sun if you could live through it?

SeleneRayne
04-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Oh that's horrible. I'm sorry about your loss. :( I know how you feel. I lost my Grandma from my father's side a couple years back, I didn't get to say goodbye either. Heartbreaking :( My condolences to you and your family.

Sam Fisher
04-03-2005, 10:17 AM
My condolences to ye :(

TK-8252
04-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Back.

Wow. Worst. Weekend. Ever.