PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a sequel? *might be spoilers*

Pages : 1 [2]

MachineCult
08-13-2006, 08:05 PM
Right you are, TK.
Kir Kanos did not have force powers, and he definitely wasn't a Clone Commando, he was a Royal Guardsman.

http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/4/49/Kirkanos1modified.jpg/300px-Kirkanos1modified.jpg

Niner_777
08-13-2006, 09:03 PM
What's he from^?

RC 11/38
09-07-2006, 04:08 PM
Vehicle's would indeed be nice. What would be even nicer is that, if you reached an enemy base where they spawned or some thing, you could take them, or maybe you could sabotage them with explosives or some thing. Leave the charge on them. Then if they decide to use that vehicle. You see it, and Boom.

[QUOTE] What would be even nicer is that, if you reached an enemy base
where they were spawned or some thing...

WAIT A MINUTE! SPAWNED! EITHER IM NOT READING THIS CORRECTLY OR
ITS STARTING TO SOUND LIKE BATTLEFRONT HERE! I MEAN THIS IS STILL
RC! THE ENEMIES GET THERE BY SHIP IT ISNT JUST...POOF!...THEN THEYRE
THERE.Dont get me wrong ITS A GOOD IDEA... just not for this game!

Halo_92
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah I agree with you 38, not for RC.

More Attachmants would be nice.

MachineCult
09-13-2006, 04:16 AM
What's he from^?
Crimson Empire II I think.

38, STFU, don't quote people from ages ago.

TSR
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
despite the irony of this reply in context with MCs' last message:

thats true i was (uncounciously) thinking of it like a chat room
i think you mean subconciously, fool...

Halo_92
09-13-2006, 01:27 PM
oh sorry. =P

Mercid
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
ANOTHER thing that would be great is actually HACKING into systems and actually setting up demo charges. Nothing too 1337 but just a combination of buttons...

hey, "was it red red green or red green red?" :D

TSR
09-27-2006, 06:32 PM
both of them...? :xp:

goldberry
10-26-2006, 10:05 AM
It's been a while since I played this, but I remember not knowing whether one of my team was dead or alive at the end. I started a topic on Gamefaqs about six months ago about it, but I can't find the game to replay at the moment.

To clarify, there is a character whose fate I want to know.

MachineCult
10-26-2006, 02:12 PM
His fate is unknown, but he is presumed dead.

RC-1162
10-26-2006, 02:36 PM
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.

TSR
11-02-2006, 10:31 AM
Bu wasnt he r***d by them nasty critters at the end?

RC-1162
11-02-2006, 12:23 PM
i don't think they got through his armor :xp:

TSR
11-02-2006, 03:47 PM
Trust me, an inch of plastic isnt going to stop sex mad aliens from retrieving his lower human horn. Usually rubber does the trick though ;)

RC-1162
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
he had a DC-17m and he was psychotic, so i guess he handled them :D

Halo_92
11-06-2006, 04:17 PM
Yeah a face like a trandos could make anyone crazy.:xp:
Put that with the fact he already was a friggin' maniac man......and well thats what ya get.

jawathehutt
12-31-2006, 03:33 PM
I dont remember if its been suggested before yet, but it would be cool if you got a new teammate and then 3/4 through the next game you raid a jedi safe house or something and meet back up with sev who joined the jedi/rebs

TK-8252
12-31-2006, 05:13 PM
I dont remember if its been suggested before yet, but it would be cool if you got a new teammate and then 3/4 through the next game you raid a jedi safe house or something and meet back up with sev who joined the jedi/rebs

But that wouldn't really make sense. If he lived, he was captured by the Separatists, not Jedi. It would be a Separatist safe house, not a Jedi one. And there weren't even any Rebels at this time. Plus, why would he join the Jedi when they were the ones who ordered his squadmates to abandon him in the first place?

Halo_92
01-01-2007, 01:49 AM
Yeah, wait.......what?

Anakin Skywalker
01-01-2007, 03:00 AM
Perhaps he knew it was for best.... TK, the Clones are programmed to help the Jedi in aiding the Republic. So, he would have no choice to serve the Jedi, and the Seperatists would be the one who captured him, not the Jedi anyway..... so maybe he went on reconnisence to find the Seperatists most vile weapons... so the Jedi could capture them, and destroy the CIS forever......

Halo_92
01-01-2007, 03:08 AM
999, lol.

I would like a bigger variety of weapons.

TK-8252
01-01-2007, 03:47 AM
Perhaps he knew it was for best.... TK, the Clones are programmed to help the Jedi in aiding the Republic. So, he would have no choice to serve the Jedi

Actually they weren't. They were trained to serve their Commander-in-Chief (Palpatine). His orders were of their utmost priority.

so maybe he went on reconnisence to find the Seperatists most vile weapons... so the Jedi could capture them, and destroy the CIS forever......

I can't make sense of what you said here.

ElizLestrad
01-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Id like to see the squad initially continue under the Empire's control but end up becomming disillusioned and maybe even end up rescuing a certain individual.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-01-2007, 06:26 PM
Perhaps he knew it was for best.... TK, the Clones are programmed to help the Jedi in aiding the Republic. So, he would have no choice to serve the Jedi, and the Seperatists would be the one who captured him, not the Jedi anyway..... so maybe he went on reconnisence to find the Seperatists most vile weapons... so the Jedi could capture them, and destroy the CIS forever......
The clones are programmed to not disobey orders. Commandos are absolutely no different from regular troops, except for the training they received. Commandos don't have any more independent thinking than regular troops either. So I highly doubt that in any way would they defect and go help the Jedi or the Rebels.

Ctrl Alt Del
01-01-2007, 08:13 PM
The clones are programmed to not disobey orders. Commandos are absolutely no different from regular troops, except for the training they received. Commandos don't have any more independent thinking than regular troops either. So I highly doubt that in any way would they defect and go help the Jedi or the Rebels.

Mmmm... Im not so sure if ur statement is right. You see, Clone Commanders have more independency than their brethen, this is requiered to create strategies and literally... command.

Now look at the Commandos thing. They're alone, on enemy territory, almost everytime relying on their cunning to survive a complete the mission. They need some independency, at least. Not only to survive, but to achieve their objectives! They cant follow a predermined route, they're commandos, not a train.

TK-8252
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
Commandos are allowed to operate with more independence than regular clones, however, the commandos have the exact same genetic modifications as the regular clones.

Titanius Anglesmith
01-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Yea, I guess they do think more independently, but not enough to disobey orders. That's all I was trying to say. So many people talk about how there's no way they could "abandon their own brother," but if they're given an order to, then they do it.

RC-0017
01-07-2007, 10:10 PM
I agree with EagerWeasel. Something different about commandos from regular clones is that they have feelings and personallities so that they can act more covertly and independently. I mean, if they were like regular troopers when they were on the ghostship they would of just sat there and waited for orders. That's why commandos are alot better at covert ops.

:vsd: :blast5:

CucumberBoy
01-08-2007, 10:59 AM
There were rumours of "Imperial Commando" goning on sometime back. It placed you in the armour of an Imperial Commando and you had to exterminate hidden Jedi or Rebels etc. Turned out that IC was actually the original concept of RC, but was then changed. I still think IC would make a great sequel!

I don't want to kill jedis :(

Halo_92
01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
I do want to kill them. only on saturdays though.

delta40
01-08-2007, 02:59 PM
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.i've got to get that tell me is it a comic?If so where did you find it?

RC-0017
01-08-2007, 10:45 PM
Delta40, have you read hard contact and/or triple zero? I have, and they are so good. If anyone hasn't, I think you should read them. they are ecceptional books, and they are about republic commandos!

:clone: :jango: :clone:

CucumberBoy
01-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Ok, remember the last thing said in the game? (by 38?)

Isn't that one hell of a way to end a game if you're making a sequel? I think it's obvious there should be one.

Cheech Marin
01-17-2007, 05:03 PM
if you mean Sev, he survives somehow. don't ask me how, why, when or where, but he appears in Triple Zero which is set after the RC video game, so its obvious he survives, thought how exactly should be answered by Karen Traviss.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Triple Zero takes place one year after Geonosis, while the last battle in the Republic Commando game takes place 3 years after Geonosis. So, Sev is still Missing In Action. I guess we'll have to wait for the third RC novel (scheduled for this August) to discover his fate.

Redtech
01-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Bonus points awarded for any Jedi killing sprees incurred! Take that wannabe Shaolin Monks!

RC-0017
02-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I can't wait for a sequal if there will be one! It would be awsome if there was a bonus mode or separate story mode where you could lead a squad of ARCs.

:uzi1: :attack2: :attack2:

:fett2: :fett2: :vader3: :fett2: :fett2: :fett2:

Halo_92
02-18-2007, 01:30 AM
Umm...no.

The title is Republic Commando.

Jurrassco
02-23-2007, 03:40 AM
I would have no problem an Imperial Commando game. You could keep the same characters since the ending of RC is pretty close to the Republic to Empire transformation.

Of Course get add a new Teammate as a replacement for Sev. And if IC picked up right where RC left off, The Kashyyyk Invasion could be included as the first mission.

Or just have an expansion pack with some more SP missions. After all Delta Squad must have gone on plenty of different missions. Since it says they are being called on frequently.

I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?

Relenzo2
02-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Ah hah! I have not even finished the game or gotten close and i KNEW Sev would die! SOmehow I knew!

PoiuyWired
02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
I thought that would be a good idea myself. I thought of a blue sniper call 71?

I think Delta got broke up in the novels. Oh well.

But yes it would be fun to have an Expansion/RC2/IC. Now we get to kill some darn stinkin Jeerdais. We know they did not pop Secura/Offee, now who should they pop?

clonecowcommndo
03-03-2007, 04:24 AM
I want a pickup command to grab a random chunk of wood or metal ur a droid leg. and to play as Wookiees. You could pick up a super battle droid and swing is up and down or snap a spider droids leg off.

clonecowcommndo
03-03-2007, 04:27 AM
And play as Omega squad (the whole team) and switch players without using the cheat.
Oh yes and show the specialties clearly and have more squad control.ie no holoimages

PoiuyWired
03-03-2007, 09:55 AM
I want a pickup command to grab a random chunk of wood or metal ur a droid leg. and to play as Wookiees. You could pick up a super battle droid and swing is up and down or snap a spider droids leg off.

Well, wookiees are a no-no. Play BF for wookiees. I mean yes it would be nice to have a game where you can play as a wookiee/ewok and the like, but that is not RC.

Jieulu
03-05-2007, 06:11 PM
Yeah, i agree. but what are you gonna do with a leg of an SBD? I'd take the arm, and use its cannon, but that'd be just plain cheap.

clonecowcommndo
03-07-2007, 08:00 PM
Whack people with it.
More effective than a vibroblade. And better range too.

By the way, I do play BF2. The wookiees are...disappointing

Jieulu
03-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Could you play as a droid in MP? that'd be funny. Also if you have more than 2 teams, you could have commandos, droids, and trandos. but maybe not playing as a droid on second thought... now that i think of it. what about jacking a droideka? shield bonus, maybe? like for MP...

MaximumMayhem
03-22-2007, 10:24 AM
By the way, I do play BF2. The wookiees are...disappointing

Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!

Delta_38
03-23-2007, 03:36 AM
Delta40, have you read hard contact and/or triple zero? I have, and they are so good. If anyone hasn't, I think you should read them. they are ecceptional books, and they are about republic commandos!

:clone: :jango: :clone:
Well those books could be the key to the next RC and possibly spoilers too lol,there will be another Republic commando, because, why in the first place would they have put an ending like that where it looks like a sequel is going to be created you might possibly start off as good then once the emperor initiates order 66 then thats when you start doing all the Imperial stuff and killing Jedis.

Redtech
03-23-2007, 12:01 PM
Just the Wookiees? I found the entire Battlefront II to be horrendous. The original was so much better as far as pacing went. You could actually snipe (and lie down PRONE FFS!), but II is like an Unreal Tournament on utter crack. Too fast and unrealistic. I just didnt get a sense of skill achievement. Its just out run out shoot out this and that in a split second. Adding in playable Jedi was a big mistake too. The bonuses were a good idea, but why not make permanent upgrades instead of round based? Ugh!

Im so glad that Pandemic no longer have the license to make another Battlefront. Free Radical Design will be making the next one. About time a company who makes decent FPS games has a stab at the license!
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Me and my friend play BF1 more than BF2 simply because we actually have a chance for 2-player co-op without dying every other second.

On topic. I wouldn't mind playing as a droid squad. Just make the customisable SBDs..something MP only mind as they'd need to be toned down!

Fettscommander
03-23-2007, 12:15 PM
Did anyone mention George Lucas said there most likely will be a RC2!

Jieulu
03-23-2007, 02:47 PM
I read an article or something about it...somebody should google it. "Perhaps all of our questions will be answered in the inevitable sequel, Star Wars: Fascist Commando." If you want to read the whole page, even though i doubt it'll bring much, it's right <a href="http://http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectionid=680">here</a> I don't know if this is for real, but it's worth a shot...

Jieulu
03-23-2007, 02:51 PM
oops...messed up the link... try <a href="http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectionid=680">this</a>

MachineCult
03-23-2007, 05:05 PM
oops...messed up the link... try <a href="http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectionid=680">this</a>

Oops, you messed it up again. Here it is. (http://http://www.pcformat.co.uk/reviews/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35388&subsectionid=680)
And next time edit your post instead of double posting.

milo
03-23-2007, 06:54 PM
VB code uses different tags than HTML... you need to use [url] tags.

Darth_Reaper
03-23-2007, 07:59 PM
I have a great idea for the first few levels of a sequel.
Rescue Sev from the Seperatists.

Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnalorians

Titanius Anglesmith
03-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnalorians
That's BS. I'd like to know where you got this little bit of information.

Delta_38
03-23-2007, 10:02 PM
Umm Sev can't be rescued... He's dead. Seps killed him and yes delta squad does go rogue they join the rebelion along side omega squad and the madnaloriansThats not actually true I checked on this site that had an interview with the main producers, im going to try and copy and paste then post it when I remember it. they said, " A character that was thought to be dead will make an appearance in the next Republic Commando ". which is referring to Sev of course, So obviously, he is not dead just maybe captured, until it comes out we have no clue on how it is going to be they left us all anxious to know lol, so there will be a sequel.

Shadow Talon
03-28-2007, 05:06 PM
Listen to this newbie my friends, I yield ye. The 07 shall return. If he does not, by the way, return many shall suffer. Me, you, noobs, and of course, the story spinners that made that mistake. You have my word.

By the way it is good to see you all again.

TSR
03-28-2007, 05:30 PM
you have 1 post, and thats the one you just made...

who *were* you, if anyone? I recognise that avvy, it was once sported by the noobilicios "alan frost" or something like that.

Shadow Talon
03-29-2007, 06:58 AM
If you really wish to know what happened to 07 i recommend that you go to youtube.com
and look for "A clone apart" trailer. It reveals everything.

Titanius Anglesmith
03-29-2007, 01:22 PM
If you really wish to know what happened to 07 i recommend that you go to youtube.com and look for "A clone apart" trailer. It reveals everything.
What the hell are you talking about? A Clone Apart is about Danson Delta 40 (not Fixer) and the guy who made it used Battlefront II. It has nothing to with Sev, and the whole series has been taken down anyway. All you can see now is the trailer.

Shadow Talon
03-29-2007, 04:01 PM
LOL.
I know. It was just a joke to make you watch it my friends. And you must admit it is funny.

Titanius Anglesmith
03-29-2007, 08:05 PM
:lol:

Oh... well, ok. And yea, it is funny. It's just too bad it was taken down.

Shadow Talon
03-30-2007, 05:24 AM
A shame indeed:(

MaximumMayhem
04-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Well the game itself was fantastic, and given the amount of multimedia momentum Episode III had going at the time, leaving an open ending was a better idea to roll with at that time, rather than perhaps closing a game off completely.

I dont know about the whole "Fascist Commando" name title. I think Imperial Commando may be more appropriate. The key points we have to consider when talking about a sequel here is how relevant the core content of the story would be in relation to where it would fit into Star Wars. Im not sure if many people would be happy seeing / playing as Deltas cavorting around the galaxy as Jedi killers. Then again; there were some anti Jedi sentiments uttered in Republic Commando (Boss finding the lightsaber anyone?), so its a possibility.

AFAIK, the war is over.. what situation of urgency would call that the recently formed Empire place a crack team of commando units into action, bar eliminating Jedi?

It will be a very difficult task establishing a strong storyline to bring the Deltas back in my opinion, but I would love to see it all happen like the rest of you. Im just unsure where they could take it..

The only ideas that come to mind for me are immediately picking up where you set off in rescuing Sev. Perhaps have options during your missions that you take and will drastically change the outcome of the game. Ala the Jedi Knight games, but with a major plot depth to the game depending on which side you take. For example.. choosing to go into action with a Jedi who takes charge over the squad and may make some foolish choices, giving you more work to do.. and then later having the option of siding with the numerous Jedi or terminating them, upon receiving Order 66. The story could then branch out in numerous ways with you later hunting down Jedi and rogue Clones aiding them, or becoming the rogue clones yourselves and aiding fugitive Jedi to strike against the Empire in various missions.

Shadow Talon
04-01-2007, 11:37 AM
My, someone was on crack last night:)

Halo_92
04-02-2007, 01:34 PM
At least he made a decent/on-topic post you froon.

Shadow Talon
04-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Indeed he did. I aplaude to you MM. Those are good points.

Halo_92
04-03-2007, 05:39 PM
Once again Stay on topic.

I think you should at least be able to play as different members of the squad somtimes.

MachineCult
04-03-2007, 08:07 PM
They should basically make Advanced warfighter for Star Wars.

TXH-1138
04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
It would be really cool if you got to use vehicles like in Halo, but i think it would be sweet if the sequel was like a team of elite fighter pilots (and with the flying not all stupid and unrealistic like in star wars galactic battlegrounds where you can flip and about face all fast). I also want to know what happened to Sev (just to make sure he's dead), and maybe include Omega Squad (from the books). I think the ultimate would be with Darman and Etain's son, who is beginning to understand the force and thus has super fast reflexes but no a lightsaber or anything. Maybe's the game could be about his part in fighting the Yuzzhan Vong (alien conquers that come in after the sixth movie), but then he'd need a squad, or itd be like the Jango Fett games. Hmm... actually i think the best would be Delta squad with a new member and they are trying to escape from Order 66 cause all the commandos (according to the books) were brought up to trust the Jedi completely and probably didn't know Order 66. That would be awesome, and i personally think it should take place on a snowy planet (call me nostalgic for Hoth).

TXH-1138
04-10-2007, 04:41 PM
However, advanced warfighter idea is cool

clonecowcommndo
04-13-2007, 09:56 PM
[QUOTE
I think you should at least be able to play as different members of the squad somtimes.[/QUOTE]
Theres a cheat for that. Somewhere or other.Try googling it, it shud come
viewbots I think, although I havent tried it.

As for a sequel:

On the way to the Star Destroyer, the larty gets shot down over Sep territory. they are captured and thrown into a jail cell with someone they thought was dead. They are stripped of their armor which is taken away. Just then, order 66 comes through but they dont hear it. The droids go bust. They escape and meet Kal Skirata who takes them along with some other commandos to Kamino where the Kaminoans remove the growth acceleration and subversion to orders. They meet up with some clone troopers who fill th em in on wat happened and they have to make the choice of which side to join. The rest you can figure out yourself( It wasn't Luke and Han who rescued Leia from the Death Star! That's PROPOGANDA!!!!!)

Lord Rengal
04-15-2007, 12:22 AM
concerning the idea of a piloting game--no, that would stink. commando doesnt have to do with that at all.

TXH-1138
04-15-2007, 04:55 PM
also, players need to be able to play 2-player co-op mode.

TXH-1138
04-15-2007, 04:56 PM
concerning the idea of a piloting game--no, that would stink. commando doesnt have to do with that at all.

u say that cause i always beat u on the ps2 with those flying games on battlefront and acecombat. jk jk ur right it doesn't belong.

MachineCult
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
^^^ It's THX-1138 not TXH-1138, and im pretty sure that 90% of the people on these forums know where the number 1138 comes from.

Lord Rengal
04-16-2007, 10:58 AM
i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.

Lord Rengal
04-25-2007, 09:30 AM
this forum seems to have died....*weep*

Jieulu
04-26-2007, 02:11 PM
i agree. there needs to be a two player co-op version, where you could be 38 and then one of the other squad memebers (your choice). Also, I think that some land vehicles would be cool, but in my opinion, no air. Oh, and also, on multiplayer, I think there should be more totally outdoor maps, and all the maps should be available for the xbox when you are just playing someone else at your house.

don't you mean the 360...? and what do you mean, "no air"? It'd be awesome to fly a swoop bike, although copying BFI and BFII too much would really suck. and the enemy should be able to jump onto and hang on to your vehicle and shoot you to hijack it, but if they fall off, they die. And what about new weapons on the vehicle? or should it just be bigger, mounted versions of the ones we already know like the heavy repeater or the concussion...?

Devron_Kally
05-08-2007, 05:13 AM
Has anyone considered using source material from the Republic Commando novels? Many great ideas there, including matte-black Katarn armor. The sequel game would have to eventually deal with Sev, but because the squad was part of the "bad batch" of clones that didnt take commands mindlessly, I think the squad would be able to ignore Order 66.
I would bet the story would involve the squad "hunting" jedi, but in reality, they're helping the survivors escape, in exchange for help finding Sev?
Oh, and new weapons would be nice.
No vehicle usage, it would be too much, but turrets are good. Maybe something like a remote mouse-droid, to access hard to reach areas on a level and see whats there, with a self-destruct option.

Fettscommander
05-08-2007, 07:30 PM
It would be cool to have a setting that if on kills noobs that use aa, rockets, ect. I don't like theidea of vehicles though. A new weapon could be a pistol with a grappling hook...

Halo_92
05-09-2007, 12:23 PM
maybe more customization on multi-player guys?

Jieulu
05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
in RC you're alone for a little while in the core ship, and that's it. But how about a Far-Cry sort of level where you're really alone, like the gunship you're in got shot down, while you squad made it. Foreign weapons, weird enemies, you know the whole thing...
and Halo92 i right... like you keep the same armor styles, but you get to paint them create put on your own squad insignia, etc. and it'd be nice if you could climb ladders and stuff...

shadowtrooper69
05-12-2007, 01:32 PM
holy crap! that would be freaken awesome!

RCjango_2857
06-02-2007, 08:35 PM
u should be able to play as Fixer or Scorch or even a solo ARC trooper

MachineCult
06-02-2007, 08:53 PM
^ I agree, you should be able to alternate between team members.

Redtech
06-06-2007, 05:32 PM
Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.

Commando Expert
06-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Anyone ever play Full Spectrum Warrior? Now that is a good squad game, as you could order units to take cover ANYWHERE and they'd work out what to do themselves, rather than it being so scripted. Also had a lot of cover and the use of tactical advantages of cover and flanking tactics.

I have an idea what if like u and you last 2 squad members went back to kamino and then they got word that a signal from the CIS got into there sytems some how that Sev was being held some where on Kashhyk close to where they fought in that wookie city. Then right before they leave they get a report of a CIS battle ship is coming in from hyper space and starts sending droind despencers down to Kamio. So delta sqaud suits up and try to take out most of the despencers while they get some help from Accalamotor that is above Kashhyk. They send a disstress signal to it to come back to kamino and help them take out that battle ship while some gun ships and a jedi star fighter with (some jedi u pick a name) trying to take it out. So while ur taking the despencers out ur also trying to defend the city. So u get some help from the clones that are down at Kamino. Well the despencers are landing every where so u have to be in a damn hurry to take them all out while that accalamotor is coming to help. So afer the CIS battle ship is destroyed from the help from the accalamtor. So then 2 gunships come down to kamino and land in one of the platforms. Then fixer and scorch get on 1 of the gunships while boss (or who evers playing the game) gets on delta sqaud's advisor's gunship and meets the advisor. Then the gunship take them to the accalamotor that halped them and land in the accalamtor. Then say thanks and say hey (or any greeting) to the captain of the ship that helped them. (WORKING)
(ON)
(WHAT)
(HAPPENS)
(NEXT)

trooper 57
08-02-2007, 05:16 PM
i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html.

well after you save sev you and your team find a a force crystal that stop you ageing or makes you young again (explins how sideus turns old because useing the crystals power) anyway you and your team each recive a power force crystal from it you water, fixer earth, sev lightning, scorch fire but you and your team get frosen until rebals free you and tell you what happend and you help out the rebals.

you can think of dialog for this if you want.

MachineCult
08-02-2007, 05:51 PM
^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html.
Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

trooper 57
08-03-2007, 06:13 AM
what do you think of my idea then?

trooper 57
08-03-2007, 06:17 AM
^^^ There is already a canon method that the Null ARC's (or at least Jaing) used to prevent the accelerated aging.

Lol, you had me excited for a second, that downloadable map is for the mobile phone game not the actual RC game. If only there were some SP mods for Republic Commando.

well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)

MachineCult
08-03-2007, 02:50 PM
what do you think of my idea then?
It's not great.

well what does this mean Star Wars: Republic Commando Order 66 (PC)
Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?

trooper 57
08-03-2007, 05:20 PM
It's not great.

but it was okey

Lmao, it doesn't say that anywhere, n00b. Republic Commando Order 66 is the mobile phone game, the PC game is just Republic Commando because there's no Order 66 in is, is there?

well here is what i how to install it :-This is the first of three maps entitled "The Hunt For Sev".
The below information should be added to your level loading file in
the game data system folder. Just copy and paste the information to the
list. Make sure the numbers in the bracketts are in sequence with your
other maps in the list.
EXAMPLE:MapName[76]="YYY_03A"
MapName[77]="OMT_01A"

Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.

MapName[77]="OMT_01A"
LoadingMenuClass[77]="XInterfaceCTMenus.CTLoadingInfo"
LoadingPic[77]="GUICONTENT.GEO_DEBRIEF"
LoadingTitle[77]="DEVOTION OF BROTHERS"
LoadingText[77]="AN INFORMANT HAS GIVEN THE DELTAS SEV'S LOCATION. HE IS ON THE SCRAP PLANET OF ORD MANTELL. BREAKING PROTOCOL, THE THREE DELTAS AND A FEW CLONE TROOPER VOLUNTEERS RACE TO THE PLANET. ONCE THERE, THEY ARE SHOT DOWN BY ORBITAL DEFENSES AND CRASH LAND. FIND THE INFORMANT AND SEV."
LoadingShowHints[77]=0

so explain and this only my fourth post MC

MachineCult
08-04-2007, 07:21 AM
What's to explain? That map file is not for the Republic Commando the PC game, it's for this game (http://uk.gamespot.com/mobile/action/starwarsrepubliccommandoorder66/index.html), a crappy little game for Cell phones with a non-canon story about Delta Squad killing Jedi during Order 66.
Install map to your Maps manually, just copy and paste.

All numbers in the brackets must match for this to work correctly. Have fun and enjoy.
That is not how you install a mod map onto a PC game, it is a little more complicated than that. There aren't any SP mods for Republic Commando on the PC because the proper tools haven't been released, so stop going on about it nub.

And don't misquote me. I didn't say "But its okey" (I can spell.) I simply said, It's not great.

trooper 57
08-04-2007, 07:54 AM
then how at the end of the title it said PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not mobile you images are of rc so maybe they put order 66 by mistake

anyway what's the problem with my idea

and where is everyone

and how can i get a picture like you have

MachineCult
08-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Okay, why don't you prove that it's a PC mod by installing it onto your computer.

trooper 57
08-07-2007, 02:19 PM
Okay, why don't you prove that it's a PC mod by installing it onto your computer.

I don't have to because if you look here http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/starwarsrepubliccommando/ you will see that they put order 66 by mistake

trooper 57
08-08-2007, 05:27 PM
this is going off the subject but does anyone know the guy that makes a clone apart cause i want to see episode 4

Jieulu
08-13-2007, 04:30 PM
the guy who's on the website is named jeff... if that helps any. but what about ideas for the game?!?! what happened to the vehicles idea? why not flying vehicles...cause personally, i think they'd be sweet. and anti-vehicle turrets would make a good counter as well..

trooper 57
08-18-2007, 11:36 AM
i am back from my holiday in scotland

the guy who's on the website is named jeff... if that helps any. but what about ideas for the game?!?! what happened to the vehicles idea? why not flying vehicles...cause personally, i think they'd be sweet. and anti-vehicle turrets would make a good counter as well..
they are very nice ideas what do you think of mine

and i know his name i just what to know if you know him

Jieulu
08-19-2007, 12:01 PM
nope...don't know him. so i was wondering...is it true or is it just a rumor that lucasarts is actually starting a prototype game...?

trooper 57
08-19-2007, 12:52 PM
i have no idea mate but let us hope there is

Shadow Talon
08-19-2007, 03:04 PM
What if LA do what they usually do.
Do something that is not expected, like Sev dies and you madden from grief after loosing your brother go berserk.
Or in the new Commando game you play other commandos that are hunting Delta squad.
Ideas, just pure ideas.

trooper 57
08-19-2007, 05:36 PM
i perfer sev alive and playing delta squad

and sev is alive on this map http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html. (not molbile order 66 was put there by mistake)

and i am still waiting for some dialog on my idea

trooper 57
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
has anyone been to the star wars 30th anivercerey celebration or now what new movies and games they annoced (sorry for any spelling mistakes)

Jieulu
08-20-2007, 01:16 PM
nope...and your link is bad...post the full link, please?

trooper 57
08-20-2007, 02:31 PM
try this one http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html

Jieulu
08-20-2007, 03:10 PM
ok...have you actually tried this, though?

trooper 57
08-20-2007, 05:14 PM
no because i can not find the stupid level loading file!!! (not yelling at you by the way)

do you know where it is?

Jieulu
08-21-2007, 10:47 AM
nope...haven't even downloaded it yet.

trooper 57
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
well here is the site http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/...mmando/mod.html download it and help me find the level loading file (the download is free by the way)

Jieulu
08-23-2007, 04:51 PM
it's a bad link again... but i guess i could try

trooper 57
08-23-2007, 05:02 PM
strange well try the one on 350 it seems to work

and how can i get an avatar (please tell me)

trisscar1212
08-26-2007, 09:32 PM
in Darth Vader (the book) it implied that some of the clones did not know what order 66 was and only followed the command from higher clone commanders. What if they made a sequel where you were Delta or another squad who somehow missed order 66 and fought for the jedi and the republic against the rising empire? That would be so much fun.

TK-8252
08-26-2007, 10:06 PM
in Darth Vader (the book) it implied that some of the clones did not know what order 66 was and only followed the command from higher clone commanders. What if they made a sequel where you were Delta or another squad who somehow missed order 66 and fought for the jedi and the republic against the rising empire? That would be so much fun.

The books are full of ****, and they make **** up just to sell books, not to expand on the story. They shouldn't be considered canon. It's very clear that each and every clone was programmed to know certain emergency protocols like Order 66. Why would clones EVER fight against their own brothers, and with the Jedi that they never really trusted to begin with?

Doesn't make sense, sorry, no matter how fun you may think it would be. Play another game if you want to fight against the Empire. There are plenty to choose from.

trooper 57
08-27-2007, 03:05 AM
hey tk long time no see or should that be long time no hear

trisscar1212
08-27-2007, 12:44 PM
The books are full of ****, and they make **** up just to sell books, not to expand on the story. They shouldn't be considered canon. It's very clear that each and every clone was programmed to know certain emergency protocols like Order 66. Why would clones EVER fight against their own brothers, and with the Jedi that they never really trusted to begin with?

Doesn't make sense, sorry, no matter how fun you may think it would be. Play another game if you want to fight against the Empire. There are plenty to choose from.
All material has to go through lucasarts, so anything bearing the title Star Wars is a complete part of the story. Besides the commando units, and especially ARC's, have a little bit of independence, the ARC's frequently disobeyed their commands based on what they thought was right

TK-8252
08-27-2007, 07:46 PM
All material has to go through lucasarts, so anything bearing the title Star Wars is a complete part of the story. Besides the commando units, and especially ARC's, have a little bit of independence, the ARC's frequently disobeyed their commands based on what they thought was right

ARC's have no genetic modifications besides growth acceleration. That's why they were frequently disobedient. The commandos have the exact same genetic modifications as the basic clones.

MachineCult
08-27-2007, 07:52 PM
The commandos have the exact same genetic modifications as the basic clones.
Where have you got that from? In the books it is said that the Commandos genetic makeup is most similar to the Nulls, not even the ARC's, let alone basic troopers.

TK-8252
08-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Where have you got that from? In the books it is said that the Commandos genetic makeup is most similar to the Nulls, not even the ARC's, let alone basic troopers.

Here's a quote from the Wookieepedia article on Clone Commandos:

The Kaminoans believed the Alpha ARCs would be just as rogue as the "failed" Null-class ARC troopers, so they proposed another idea. They requested a battalion of elite commandos be created from the regular clone trooper genome template. These clones would be just as loyal and obedient, with the same docility and independence, as their more common brethren.

( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Clone_commando )

And here's from StarWars.com:

The Kaminoans encountered a great deal of difficulty with the independent and hard-to-command ARC troopers. Eventually the experimental soldiers were relegated to stasis fields and work was begun on a new type of warrior: the clone commando.

Veering away from rogue clone individuals, the Kaminoans took as their example the fiercely efficient hunting pods of the native aiwha. Candidates were plucked from the regular clone batch, and segregated into groups of four.

( http://www.starwars.com/databank/organization/clonecommando/index.html )

MachineCult
08-27-2007, 08:14 PM
I did, in fact, read that article shortly after posting so fair enough, yet another discrepancy. But it would be nice to see where the writer of the wiki article actually got that fact from.

You have to take into account that if you consider commandos and troopers having the same genetics canon, then the "****" from the books about the commando team who disobeyed order 66 is also canon.

TK-8252
08-27-2007, 09:06 PM
I did, in fact, read that article shortly after posting so fair enough, yet another discrepancy. But it would be nice to see where the writer of the wiki article actually got that fact from.

From the quote I posted from StarWars.com maybe?

You have to take into account that if you consider commandos and troopers having the same genetics canon, then the "****" from the books about the commando team who disobeyed order 66 is also canon.

There's different levels of canon, and I'd consider the books to be among the lowest form of canon, if canon at all. Using a very low form of canon to justify, for example, a plot of a new video game, is not tasteful.

MachineCult
08-27-2007, 10:25 PM
From the quote I posted from StarWars.com maybe?
Don't be rude, TK. You edited your post to include that link instead of an offer to find the source of the wiki information after I had posted my reply to you.

There's different levels of canon, and I'd consider the books to be among the lowest form of canon, if canon at all. Using a very low form of canon to justify, for example, a plot of a new video game, is not tasteful.
You're of course entitled to your opinion, and if I know one thing about you it's that you will stick to yours.

TK-8252
08-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Don't be rude, TK. You edited your post to include that link instead of an offer to find the source of the wiki information after I had posted my reply to you.

Sorry, I didn't intend to come across as rude. I edited my post maybe thirty seconds after I originally posted it, and didn't think that anyone would have had the time to read it before I added the SW.com quote. I didn't mean to sound sarcastic there.

trisscar1212
08-27-2007, 11:37 PM
here is a quote from wookiepedia,

"As noted, not all clone troopers obeyed the Order. On Murkhana, Roan Shryne and Olee Starstone were rescued from Order 66 by a member of a clone commando unit named Climber, who initially questioned the validity of the order, and even upon confirmation, refused to side with the government over those who had fought alongside them, having developed an affinity for the Jedi. As a result, they were punished harshly. However, that is the only evidence to date of a soldier disobeying the order; in all other recorded instances, all other clone commandos and ARC troopers obeyed it"
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66

There could be more unrecorded instances, to be used in a game, for example Star Wars Force Unleashed uses as a main character a secret dark apprentice of Darth Vader.

But, I was just proposing an idea, not trying to stir up a debate. So if anything came across as offensive, I apologize.

trooper 57
08-28-2007, 04:54 AM
also tk delta squard were never mentioned in any other film or game so they could have obayed or disobyed

i'm still waiting for some diolog based on my idea

trooper 57
08-29-2007, 03:27 PM
sev may not be dead take a look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207 so he could be dead, alive or somewhere in between maybe so don't go to saying his dead or something unless you know.

clonecowcommndo
08-30-2007, 03:48 AM
sev may not be dead take a look at this http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/RC-1207 so he could be dead, alive or somewhere in between maybe so don't go to saying his dead or something unless you know.

yeah sev rules. Hopefully we can avoid a "Mort debate" here

trooper 57
08-30-2007, 04:15 AM
where are the peaple who say there is going to be an sw:rc2 from? cause when we ask where they got the info they never responed again.

also it is not fair that it ends like that.

Davinq
08-30-2007, 07:42 PM
where are the peaple who say there is going to be an sw:rc2 from? cause when we ask where they got the info they never responed again.

also it is not fair that it ends like that.
The thread title states "Ideas for a sequel," not "Information about the coming sequel," trooper 57. Posters in this thread are not saying that there will be an RCII, but are merely theorizing potential plotlines, what may or may not happen, why or why LucasArts won't make a sequel, etc. If an RCII was going to happen, it would be announced in a much more prominent place, and not this forum.

As for your second point, I completely agree that RC sucks like that, leaving us a cliffhanger of that scale.

Shadow Talon
08-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Agreed. RCII would be good. A problem would maybe occur when they start calling the game fusion between Halo and Metroid Prime. I do not believe so because in the game you felt you are a family (a strange one but hey, FTW). There are other squad based games but i would prefer this one above all else due to the characters.

And as for Sev I already saed what i think about that.

trooper 57
09-06-2007, 12:01 PM
I know but it is just annoying how we nether hear from them

also sev was is my faverite delta (sorry for spelling mistakes)

trooper 57
09-18-2007, 12:36 PM
HELLO! is anyone there and mc i was right about the map thing so check this out http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=150500&page=3&pp=40

trooper 57
10-23-2007, 02:22 PM
someone other then me post something

Jieulu
11-10-2007, 04:11 PM
um, your link just leads to a reference for your own post. smart one. anyway, you know how i said (http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146803&page=9&pp=40) that you should be able to hijack other peeps vehicles? halo3 already did it, so i think they copied me...hmph. or maybe i'm being egotistical. whatever. yeah! what happened to everyone?

trooper 57
11-11-2007, 07:29 AM
there is also a rc2 mod but i cannot read the insructions the video is on the thread " republic commandos 2? "

clonecowcommndo
11-20-2007, 07:25 AM
?? post a link

trooper 57
11-20-2007, 12:15 PM
okey here you go www.veamon.atwebpages.com

trooper 57
12-12-2007, 12:06 PM
Merry chistmas by the way everybody and a happy new year.

MachineCult
12-12-2007, 09:40 PM
trooper 57, I realise I was wrong about the map thing before so apologies for basically flaming you about it.

Jesus Christ this board has slowed down a bit.

trooper 57
12-13-2007, 12:26 PM
apologies forgiven and i know it has really slowed a lot now.

MaKeNzY
12-23-2007, 05:57 PM
My first post here:
After RC 2 years have passed :)
After a shipwreck boss finds himself on kashyyk alone (he and the squad were returning from somewhere but on separate ships so boss starts wandering throw the places where the missions were :) all is lifeless and old then something jumps on him and he loses continence. Then he wakes up and sees a wookie scarring him... then he wakes up again in a wookie camp and finds scorch there too... so then start looking for fixer... they see a silhouette carring some sort of crocodile (like the first lizards on kashyyk were cooking) then the silhouette drops the thing and runs into the bushes they start pursuing it and they found that that's sev carring some sort of wookie bowcaster and a boomerang (lol) the armor is all dirty and bloody. Then they continue their search for fixer and find him near something they kill that something and rescue fixer and 1 mission is over :) :beam3:

trooper 57
12-24-2007, 09:34 AM
i have an idea for a sequel have you herad about this downlodable map on http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/mods/starwarsrepubliccommando/mod.html.

well after you save sev you and your team find a a force crystal that stop you ageing or makes you young again (explins how sideus turns old because useing the crystals power) anyway you and your team each recive a power force crystal from it you water, fixer earth, sev lightning, scorch fire but you and your team get frosen until rebals free you and tell you what happend and you help out the rebals.

you can think of dialog for this if you want.
well this my idea from way back plus this was my 2nd post

trooper 57
01-01-2008, 08:43 AM
YAY!!! I am the first poster of the New year.

Lordjedi
01-01-2008, 08:10 PM
My friend said for a sequel he wanted Rebel Commando where delta squadron turns into rebels :lol:

trooper 57
01-02-2008, 11:27 AM
That's what I want to plus I want them to have powers I made up known as elemental force powers which are water, earth, lightning and fire look at my last post to see who gets what.

some commando
01-15-2008, 04:01 AM
I have an idea, Starwars Republic commando 2: imperial commando where the commandos get frozen and they get out when its the time after the destruction of the 2nd deathstar sorta like lordjedi's friends idea

some commando
01-15-2008, 04:03 AM
aww DAMMIT! somone came up with the same idea as me neally! i didnt notice!

some commando
01-15-2008, 04:09 AM
good idea i like it

trooper 57
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
aww DAMMIT! somone came up with the same idea as me neally! i didnt notice!
if you mean me there is two differences from mine and yours and one mistake

differences: I want them on the rebals and before the first deathstar destruction.
mistake: the imperials will be known as remant (sorry for spelling mistake)

commando_fix
01-28-2008, 09:49 PM
What I think should happen is that 38 should get spilt up from fixer and scorch so then boss finds scorch then return to camp were all the clones attack and commandos (fixer,scorch,boss,sev) wipe out the camp and etc...

black_hayate
01-29-2008, 03:33 AM
if you mean me there is two differences from mine and yours and one mistake

differences: I want them on the rebals and before the first deathstar destruction.
mistake: the imperials will be known as remant (sorry for spelling mistake)

Remnant :P, and how imperials would be known as remnant if they controll the old republic... The whole old republic turned into Empire so how the hell can imperials be remnant before the first deathstar destruction oO.

The imperials might be remnant after destroying second deathstar.... dunno what you have on your mind.. explain ? :P

trooper 57
01-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Remnant :P, and how imperials would be known as remnant if they controll the old republic... The whole old republic turned into Empire so how the hell can imperials be remnant before the first deathstar destruction oO.

The imperials might be remnant after destroying second deathstar.... dunno what you have on your mind.. explain ? :P

I mean during the New republic they are remnant. I got this from jk2:jo (jedi knight 2: jedi oucast)

igyman
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
Actually, there is a game for mobile phones called Republic Commando: Order 66.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_Commando:_Order_66_%28video_game%29

trooper 57
02-02-2008, 08:18 AM
I already know that plus the fact that the cover lies sev does not appear in the game.

alpha troop
02-03-2008, 01:42 AM
hi

alpha troop
02-03-2008, 01:43 AM
i have just finished republic commando and when sev was ambushed by the damn droids

trooper 57
02-03-2008, 11:46 AM
And what did you think of it also hello

black_hayate
02-04-2008, 05:05 AM
Well anyway, if there would be a squel. I'd like to see some ded server tools (good ones). Skins on mp from the first RC (the squel would be the 2nd ofc ;p, then RC would be first ;o). A good story, and ofc great engine ... maybe a game which uses more than one... (like new-gen games ;p) but avaible for PC ofc ;p.

Dracus296
02-05-2008, 11:26 AM
better multi player and like jet packs man!!!!!!!!!!Rock on and being able 2 kick people off server, no noob weapons, realistic gameplay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

trooper 57
02-07-2008, 04:16 PM
did you hear about the lucasarts secret project *spooky noise with lightning*

MachineCult
02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
^^^ I already told you the "Secret LucasArts project", is Star Wars Battlefront III.

trooper 57
02-08-2008, 12:07 PM
and how can you be so sure?

trooper 57
02-10-2008, 01:43 PM
hey MC renaber when we argueing over what the RC mod was for and you i misquote you well i want to know how i did cause all i said was it was mo 4th post

RC-1207/Sev
02-16-2008, 04:24 PM
What if Sev wasn't acctually ambushed at the end of RC? What if his commlink had been sliced, and false imformation passed on, before he was acctually captured by some of the remaining seperatists as they retreated? Because if you watch his turret and the end of the mission there is no one attacking him, and the clone commlink system has been broken before during the battle of Praesitlyn,(Star Wars: Jedi Trial) so the CIS should be able to do it again, due to the amount of money they have to develop technology like that. If that had happened, in the sequel one of the first missions could be to board a CIS cruiser where he was being interrogated, save him, steal some important codes, fight your way out, etc. That would make a great game. I really hope they make a sequel.

trooper 57
02-16-2008, 05:53 PM
little glich in your theroy the rest of Delta Squad had meet up with Boss so Sev could have been ambused on the way there also I do hope there is a sequil too.

Jieulu
02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
hold up on the theory...didn't you do that in the first game on the ghostship? i think so, so what's the point of repeating it? and trooper's right. and i think the chances of RCII coming out is slimmer than Paris Hilton. ha. we've been talking about this topic since 05 when it came out (or somewhere around there)...i think the best we're gonna get is the mod. which is pretty cool. and what would it be like if RC was a trilogy and eventually wound up with the descendants of the original squad fighting the Vong?

trooper 57
02-20-2008, 02:16 PM
nice idea.

DeadYorick
02-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Well anyway, if there would be a squel. I'd like to see some ded server tools (good ones). Skins on mp from the first RC (the squel would be the 2nd ofc ;p, then RC would be first ;o). A good story, and ofc great engine ... maybe a game which uses more than one... (like new-gen games ;p) but avaible for PC ofc ;p.

Games cannot use more then one engine since it defies a game's physics. Games that seem to have two engines (Like Grand Theft Auto using both a driving style engine with thirdperson shooter) are just one game with an engine that mixes both the TPS and Driving engine.. Even if you create minigames it wouldn't be considered an engine either.

Plus even if it was possible you can't do much with 2 engines and an FPS game. Since what would you do? Grand theft auto style stealing ships while FPS shooting?

Also even if it was remotely possible to have two engines in the game it would take twice as long to code and decode the engine's physics and graphics. Eventually it would probably become another Duke Nukem Forever

Jieulu
02-22-2008, 08:34 PM
haha...Star Wars GTA...that would be fun. Grand Theft Starship:Mos Eisley City Stores....hahaha. they should make one. cops would be stormtroopers...jack a landspeeder or bantha. that'd be frickin awesome. But for a sequel, i think my idea would be awesome :D . but whatever. if they put in some stuff from the other games that would compliment it...i think it'd be cool. like, maybe you hang out with Vader's apprentice for a bit. or something like that.

and not to be pessimistic, but i'm pretty sure that LA just left all the RC fans in the dust and forgot about us.

trooper 57
02-23-2008, 12:10 PM
That Grand theft starship:Mos eisley city stores has a problem because in the star wars episde 4 radio series Luke says "look at all these Stormtroopers you almost never see them on tatooene".

DeadYorick
02-24-2008, 02:52 AM
That Grand theft starship:Mos eisley city stores has a problem because in the star wars episde 4 radio series Luke says "look at all these Stormtroopers you almost never see them on tatooene".

Trooper 57: Lucas can easily Retcon that since barely anyone today remembers the radio series. Or they could keep the republic style. They could make the game take place during order 66 and you have to fight some Jedi who crash land on Tatooine

Im pretty sure that George Lucas will look at his games list in a few years and say. "Huh Republic Commando..."

trooper 57
02-24-2008, 07:09 AM
Here's is one of shakesphere's famous quotes for the RC2 game "To be or not to be that is the question."

DeadYorick
02-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Here's is one of shakesphere's famous quotes for the RC2 game "To be or not to be that is the question."

What does that have to do with Republic Commando 2? Plus do you even know what play its from and have you read it?

trooper 57
02-25-2008, 12:46 PM
1. I mean it may happen or not happen (I hope it does)
2. No
3. Go back to 2 haha

trooper 57
02-26-2008, 12:51 PM
The haha means I always wanted to do that.

Jieulu
02-27-2008, 10:35 PM
it's from hamlet, dude. 7th grade english, haha. still. order 66 & the RC has been debated forever. but, as i said, why stop there? move on to the vong. maybe the crew Han sees Fett with is actually the descendants of delta squad.

trooper 57
02-28-2008, 12:11 PM
I have never done hamlet and if you have a story set up for your idea why don't you tell us about it also all I know is the Vong killed chewie.

DeadYorick
02-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I have never done hamlet and if you have a story set up for your idea why don't you tell us about it also all I know is the Vong killed chewie.

Trooper 57 why do you keep going offtopic. There are separate threads for the expanded universe. You can research the Vong on your own time.

Personally I hope that they will make another JK game rather then Republic Commando. Since I enjoyed myself with the JK series more then Republic Commando

Fettscommander
02-28-2008, 11:25 PM
I find that disturbing....another jk instead of rc2 that's just odd (no offense)

Dracus296
02-29-2008, 09:42 AM
they should make any rc like CS totally online only online, totally awsome

trooper 57
02-29-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't mean too also I would like it if the actual Delta squad along with sev manged to live past the clones life time and like Bhiff Gamma-09, Commander Alpha-12 and Percy Beta-266 was in the time of the rebals vs empire.

Halo_92
02-29-2008, 02:18 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going.

DeadYorick
02-29-2008, 09:28 PM
they should make any rc like CS totally online only online, totally awsome

CS is a mod for Half-Life and became a retail game due to its immense popularity as a mod. Since it replaced everything in the game and made it with such great graphics

Lucasarts has already created SW galaxies which is entirely online. Starwars is fueled entirely by its story. If it created a game that was entirely multiplayer it wouldn't be popular

trooper 57
03-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I can't believe this thread is still going.
Well what did you expect? we are all hoping for a sequel.

alecy
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Well what did you expect? we are all hoping for a sequel.

I hate to say this but come on This was started 3 years ago mosk of the links on the site don't work anymore It's over It was a great game but they would have started by now.

trooper 57
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
well the boot camp has never been updated nor the news from the front thing since 2006

trooper 57
03-08-2008, 03:19 AM
I made a new theard http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=2434004#post2434004 check it out please.

Delta 99
03-09-2008, 01:13 AM
I haven't read all of this but have you guy's ever seen the saber?? also wouldn't make like a plot line that it was the 501st that took out sev instead of droedikas and like delta 40 figures this out and they take him out then scorch in say a third one and then like it's just delta 38 and he's joined the rebels and all and like the last lvl is Hoth and you fight lord Vader, AT-AT's and like a surprise twist the last bosses are Vader and the other Delta's who have had their minds wiped and don't know you and you like don't wanna kill them so Vader stabs you from behind after you beat the other delta's but they actually remember you and get annoyed at Vader but manage to defib you and run but heh that's my Idea but i think it'd be fun to play

trooper 57
03-12-2008, 04:10 PM
but you could hear the droedikas in the communication also if the three other Deltas are dead how they still be alive.

Jieulu
03-15-2008, 03:18 PM
dude...that might be good. If RC two is made (it won't, but whatever) it'll need a lot of cutscenes. and you know how we got the Force Unleashed coming out? what if RCII meets up with the secret apprentice and chill with him for a while?

trooper 57
03-15-2008, 04:27 PM
whatever floats your boat I guass (I always wanted to say that)

trooper 57
03-26-2008, 04:37 AM
Then won't they be working for evil.

Deathfruit
04-05-2008, 10:34 PM
I hope that Sev gets rescued in the seqel and order 66 is carried out by the commandos, but they gets killed by a couple jedi knights as the last level ends. Maybe their could also be rebellion commando or CIS commando. I dunno. just a thought.

trooper 57
04-07-2008, 12:23 PM
I hope that Sev gets rescued in the seqel and order 66 is carried out by the commandos, but they gets killed by a couple jedi knights as the last level ends. Maybe their could also be rebellion commando or CIS commando. I dunno. just a thought.
Who would be commados for CIS?

memarik
04-08-2008, 05:49 PM
grevious bodyguards..?

but that CIS idea sounds kinda crappy but i would love to see an second part so that the first level would start during the end of episode III and they would have Phase II clone commando armors and carry order 66 cos they kinda hate the jedis cos they left sev back cos a yoda ordered so and they would eventually do missions for Palpies new order..

trooper 57
04-09-2008, 04:49 PM
grevious bodyguards..?

but that CIS idea sounds kinda crappy but i would love to see an second part so that the first level would start during the end of episode III and they would have Phase II clone commando armors and carry order 66 cos they kinda hate the jedis cos they left sev back cos a yoda ordered so and they would eventually do missions for Palpies new order..

if Grevious bodyguards where commando class they have to look different to show there specalty.

plus how do you know Yoda gave the order it could be a clone surpireor.

memarik
04-09-2008, 04:56 PM
trooper 57 it was an example why must you be a lick in the spot :D
and as i say again the CIS idea seems a crap idea cos in the end who would like to play as a ''droid commando'' cos after all the CIS faction was kinda a fake one to make the final pass to take the republic :D

Orium
04-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I think the there should be one continuing the original then it goes into order 66.
Like maybe they could be on Utapu or Corusant for a mission or somethin !

trooper 57
04-10-2008, 12:21 PM
memarik I'm just asking questions or saying what they had to do plus droids arn't the best for commandos all they do is shoot things.

trooper 57
05-13-2008, 12:50 PM
Hey guys aparantly Veamon Studios just merged with sqon.net. and the RC2 mod is updated and is so far in process of updating again if you want to thank someone thank this guy VodeAn

Jieulu
05-13-2008, 05:34 PM
Where can you download the mod? Previous links went dead on me.

trooper 57
05-14-2008, 12:03 PM
only place I know is sqon.net

poodgenoobie
05-16-2008, 12:23 AM
The clone wars consisted of Jedi generals leading squads of troopers into battle, right?

I had an idea like that. except it's not a sequel to anything. so here's the idea

Clone Wars: Jedi General

so you are basically a padawan who has just become a knight. the order tosses a new responsibility your way: they make you a general. they give you command of a small group of clone troopers. you can fight with your lightsaber, use some force powers, equip clone, droid, and some exotic weapons, as well as customizing your outfit with various pieces of armor for the expense of some dexterity. you can command the troopers to do sniping, secure positions, blow doors, etc. when you get better and get command of more troops, you can order jedi, commando squads, and airstrikes. throughout the game you can train in certain disciplines like lightsaber, sniping, force, demolitions, etc. it's kind of a combination of KOTOR, jedi knight, republic commando, and battlefront. there could be campaigns, one-time maps, or Galactic conquest like battlefront.

please give feedback on idea and/or ask any questions

trooper 57
05-17-2008, 08:00 AM
What will be the names of the troops and the Jedi you play?

MachineCult
05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
it's kind of a combination of KOTOR, jedi knight, republic commando, and battlefront. there could be campaigns, one-time maps, or Galactic conquest like battlefront.

KOTOR? I fail to see how any RPG elements would fit into that game.

trooper 57
06-02-2008, 12:59 PM
Hey MC long time no see.

deltagundamops222
12-11-2008, 08:59 PM
2 things that wait-no 3 things that suck /-\ |3 () |_| -|- (about) rc is that 1 u can't pick up the light saber found when boss is like"old times are over" 2: u cant drive movable vechiles and 3-no cutscenes

mandalore the great
04-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I have a great idea for the first few levels of a sequel.
Rescue Sev from the Seperatists.

i agree but the first half should be playing as sev and you escape the wrath of the rakatan infinate empire in the star forge only to find the remenents of the black sun pirates and eliminate them and escape and rescue the squad to find them not willing to be under the service of the empire and use the star forge to sabatoge the empire.:lsduel:

Sev_vode an
04-03-2009, 08:16 PM
That sounds pretty good. But I think the games should stick to the books. Theres alot a good missions that way

Commander Dimal
05-03-2009, 08:22 PM
I have an idea.What if in the sequel you get to do the same missions but there were missions the Deltas did between the missions and you get to do those missions too so there is more missions and you also get to play as Omega Squad and do their missions and in the game it switch's between Delta and Omega Squad.Also there could be one mission where Omega Squad goes to save Sev since Delta Squad can't.

Gamma097
05-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Speaking of less linear, I wonder if it'd be possible to choose missions like you could in JA? That'd also enhance replayability.

The Campaign Map already allows you to play through the levels several times, but you have to play the Geonosis levels to start on the RAS, and you have to finish the RAS levels to get to Kashyyyk. They did that probably for the purpose of so everything makes sense.

Example: At the beginning of the Kashyyyk level, the advisor references what you did at RAS.

RC-1183
05-09-2009, 07:47 AM
yeah kinda like what they did in CoD: Modern Warfare with the S.A.S. and the marines how they had some seperate missions and some joint missions, and like Sev_Vode_An said it should stick to the books and if they did that it would fit perfect with the whole joint-op thing.

Lord Fhil
11-21-2009, 11:26 PM
i really like this game, but i think that:
the ending of the game completly set up a sequel where 38, 62, and 40 start out in the middle of the Battle of Kashyyyk where they do missions helping the Republic win the Battle of Kashyyyk. and then near the end of the missions on Kashyyyk, they attack a prision (or a ship) and they find out that 07 is in the prision (or ship) and they need to rescue him

K1lingdr3ad
11-22-2009, 08:55 PM
yeah kinda like what they did in CoD: Modern Warfare with the S.A.S. and the marines how they had some seperate missions and some joint missions, and like Sev_Vode_An said it should stick to the books and if they did that it would fit perfect with the whole joint-op thing.

Yes COD 4 Modern Warfare was very cool indeed. I'm excited for Modern Warfare 2! :D

LordOfTheFish
11-24-2009, 06:38 PM
i really like this game, but i think that:
the ending of the game completly set up a sequel where 38, 62, and 40 start out in the middle of the Battle of Kashyyyk where they do missions helping the Republic win the Battle of Kashyyyk. and then near the end of the missions on Kashyyyk, they attack a prision (or a ship) and they find out that 07 is in the prision (or ship) and they need to rescue him

The game would need more length than that, in my opinion. That would, however, be a good way to take off where they stopped. But a third section of the game ( ex. how you have 3 main levels each having multiple stages) like in RC1 would make it all much better.