PDA

View Full Version : Communications in XWA multiplayer

Toscan
06-10-2000, 03:49 PM
What if some programers got a hold of Hearme or Firetalk and put togeather a patch so that, using voicechat, we could talk to our Allies in the multiplayer missions? That would be so cool! It would make organizing the missions so easy! I think someone should get a hold of Firechat or Hearme and do that! It would be awasome!

Jimsky16
06-10-2000, 05:56 PM
It would indeed be excellent, my friends.

I will see if any of my friends could help us, coz I don't have a clue..

Jimsky

Toscan
06-10-2000, 07:46 PM
We would probably have to download Fire Chat or Hearme, I already have, but many XWA gamers havent, I'm pretty sure there both free. We would also probably need permission to do any sort of patch.

Jimsky16
06-10-2000, 08:37 PM
Suppose so, but we'd need someone who could actually patch it, d'ya think you could do it?

Jimsky

K_Kinnison
06-11-2000, 12:27 AM
Most ppl i know use Rodger Wilco

it works fine as long as you have good ping, and your talkign to ppl on the same continent

Toscan
06-11-2000, 05:19 PM
No, I couldn't patch it. I'm a beginner XWA mission editor/creator, not much of a programer.

[This message has been edited by Toscan (edited June 11, 2000).]

MonkeyLight
06-13-2000, 09:00 PM
not only that we would need to know the language its in. besides you cant edit the actual program from the mission creator as its a part of the game.

Commander Varth
06-14-2000, 04:39 PM
YEs, Roger WIlco works well, but it slow the game down, so be sure to have DSL or cable. I use it for JK, XWA, and AoK. it is aweasome.
Commander Varth

Toscan
06-15-2000, 12:52 AM
What is this Rodger Wilco? Is it a voice communications thingy (thingy, very technical terms here) for multiplayer games?

GUNNER
06-15-2000, 07:15 AM
The RAL has used Roger Wilco many time when we play XWA. you can download the program for free. www.rogerwilco.com (http://www.rogerwilco.com) Then someone starts the program and everyone joins, just like a game. It's best if one person hosts the game and another hosts RW.

Jimsky16
06-15-2000, 04:08 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't know where to start with the programming of it, and my programming buddies say it would take a while, but I still think it's a really good idea, and there's nothing wrong with the word 'thingy'

Jimsky

Zedran
06-16-2000, 02:43 AM
Yes, Roger Wilco is all you need. Just make sure your connection is good and you can talk to everyone playing the game.

------------------
When last we met I was but the apprentice,.."Now I am the Disaster"

Click,Click,Click,......Damn Light Saber!.....AAAAAUUUUGGGHHH.........