PDA

View Full Version : Multiple admins & server side mods

xeonel
03-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Hello,

I've been running a dedicated server for about 2 weeks.
Now I want to implement some admin levels into the server, so I don't have to give out rcon. I tried OmnI mod, but the server crashes when anyone tries to connect, including bots. Does anyone know of a mod that allows diffrent level admins to be configured? Even one level admin would be appreciated... as long as it's diffrent than rcon...
The thing is... that I don't want to include a mod that would require users to download something from the server... not because the bandwidth, but because users don't like server downloads, and would probably choose another server.

I've taken a look at the ojp basic package, and it hat some interesting features... The question is, if I put this mod on the server, would clients have to download the mod?

razorace
03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
1. There are plenty of admin modes out there. JKA Reloaded, JKA+, and X-Mod. I'm not a fan of the admin mods so I can't really help you pick which one you want.

2. OJP Basic can be run in server only mod. Just install it and run your server in non-pure mode. There's a way to run it with pure turned on, but it's a bit more tricky. Which O/S is your server host running?

xeonel
03-31-2005, 10:38 AM
It's a linux box. But if I run it in pure mode... doesn't this mean that the clinets are required to have the ojp .pak?

razorace
03-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Well, according to my sources, you can get around that by unzipping the .pk3s to the mod's folder. Apprenently the sv_pure scan only works on .pk3 files in the directories.