PDA

View Full Version : Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.


IG-64
04-15-2005, 11:07 AM
I just got my tickets last night for the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. :D

And, it seems like they are just going on sale, so go! Go and purchase!

This has been a Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.

El Sitherino
04-15-2005, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I'm getting mine today. :)

jebbers
04-15-2005, 01:06 PM
gotta pick 'em up before they are gone...might get mine tomorrow

Acrylic
04-15-2005, 06:15 PM
I don't understand why people get their tickets early. In my city, they never get sold out. Even if it's a really popular movie, there's always at least a couple seats left.

KBell
04-15-2005, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Acrylic
I don't understand why people get their tickets early. In my city, they never get sold out. Even if it's a really popular movie, there's always at least a couple seats left.

Lmao

I was thinking the same thing.

I think its a waste of money, but eh, what do I know :p I work at the movie theatre and there's no point in preordering tickets :)

Jo
04-15-2005, 07:12 PM
ill get mine..and i work at the theater ROFL

IG-64
04-15-2005, 07:30 PM
How come everyone works at theatres? :p

As for the advance buying thing, i'm going to the midnight showing, and I didn't want to take any chances.

More people will probably go to this one than the other 2, because it is the last one, and the whole "new starwars" thing has already sunk in.

Joetheeskimo
04-15-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
I just got my tickets last night for the midnight showing of Revenge of the Sith. :D

And, it seems like they are just going on sale, so go! Go and purchase!

This has been a Yoda's Swamp Public Service Announcement.

*Shoots*

Ergh, I'm probably seeing it a week after it comes out :D

Astrotoy7
04-15-2005, 10:39 PM
they actually went on sale here over a week ago... :)

I was very lucky in that I have a client who manages a deluxe theatre chain here(Village Gold Class for any Oz ppl here) These theatres have only 30 'chairs', which recline so you can put your feet up !! You get finger food/drinks served(if you want to of course) during the movie. He got me three tickets for the opening day, which otherwise had all sold out within minutes. w00t ! Im not going to the midnite session because I am working on wednesday 18 and I will be too damn tired. i will just wait till noon the next day and enjoy it in that awesome setting !

cant wait !

mtfbwya

IG-64
04-15-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
they actually went on sale here over a week ago... :)

I was very lucky in that I have a client who manages a deluxe theatre chain here(Village Gold Class for any Oz ppl here) These theatres have only 30 'chairs', which recline so you can put your feet up !! You get finger food/drinks served(if you want to of course) during the movie. He got me three tickets for the opening day, which otherwise had all sold out within minutes. w00t ! Im not going to the midnite session because I am working on wednesday 18 and I will be too damn tired. i will just wait till noon the next day and enjoy it in that awesome setting !

cant wait !

mtfbwya

Do they have bedpans?! :eek:

BongoBob
04-16-2005, 01:18 AM
Yay ^_^

One more sign that it's close...

Astrotoy7
04-16-2005, 02:23 AM
Originally posted by IG-64
Do they have bedpans?! :eek:

yeah, but they were only used for ROTK, ep3 is onlt 2 hrs 20 mins long :p

mtfbwya

ET Warrior
04-16-2005, 02:55 AM
I'm buying 8 tickets to the midnight showing tomorrow :D

Astrotoy7
04-16-2005, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
I'm buying 8 tickets to the midnight showing tomorrow :D

ah, I see your imaginary friend count has increased :p

mtfbwya

Spider AL
04-16-2005, 12:49 PM
I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

KBell
04-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

7 bucks............short on funds are we?

legameboy
04-16-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

We have a heretic among us, men! Draw your plastic lightsabers! Burn him at the stake!

*snicker*

RpTheHotrod
04-16-2005, 02:44 PM
IG...if caleb is going down there, I'm going down with him. We'll all see it together, :D

kipperthefrog
04-17-2005, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

:wstupid:

Do you guys realy think Luca$ will put much effort in ep 3 since they WILL make money no matter how crappy it is? Luca$ knows that people will watch this regardless to fill in the space.

He doesn't have to make it well thought out for the film to be successful. He has proven that with the other two preqils.

El Sitherino
04-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Noone cares what your opinion on the prequels are, and if all you care to do is spout your "superior" cinematic tastes, I suggest you go somewhere where people actually care for what you say. IMDB boards perhaps?

And I think considering how well the dvd's sold after the theatrical release shows that some people must think they're good movies.

I love Star Wars, but I think the holiday special and the ewok adventures sucked. And I dislike most EU.

And no, I can see faults in Star Wars, but guess what, every movie has faults. You have to learn that not everyone is going to sit there and drone to make a movie absolutely perfect. You'll never find a flawless movie. People that make it their sole purpose to critique movies instead of enjoying them like a normal person should learn that noone gives a **** how "superior" their tastes in cinema are.

If you want to criticise movies, make a thread for you to criticise the movie, don't hijack a perfectly fine thread just so you can post retarded comments with absolutely no base.

coupes.
04-17-2005, 01:30 AM
Yeah... George Lucas must really be laughing behind his beard after spending over 30 years of his life working on Star Wars... Now to make a bundle of cash all he has to do is work 12+ hours a day with no day off during a 3 year period on a movie he doesn't even care about... then he can buy two feraris, ride them like skis and call everyone suckers as he rides pass them in the streets of San Francisco ! :rolleyes:

El Sitherino
04-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Not to mention he makes the movies for himself, because they're what he likes.


Anyway I'll be getting reservations for the IMAX. :)

kipperthefrog
04-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Noone cares what your opinion on the prequels are, and if all you care to do is spout your "superior" cinematic tastes, I suggest you go somewhere where people actually care for what you say. IMDB boards perhaps?

And I think considering how well the dvd's sold after the theatrical release shows that some people must think they're good movies.

I love Star Wars, but I think the holiday special and the ewok adventures sucked. And I dislike most EU.

And no, I can see faults in Star Wars, but guess what, every movie has faults. You have to learn that not everyone is going to sit there and drone to make a movie absolutely perfect. You'll never find a flawless movie. People that make it their sole purpose to critique movies instead of enjoying them like a normal person should learn that noone gives a **** how "superior" their tastes in cinema are.

If you want to criticise movies, make a thread for you to criticise the movie, don't hijack a perfectly fine thread just so you can post retarded comments with absolutely no base.

what are you talking about? I was just agreing with spider al and explaining our position in detail.

As for saying "retarded comments with absolutly no base," I thought insults will not be tolerated.

El Sitherino
04-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
As for saying "retarded comments with absolutly no base," I thought insults will not be tolerated. Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realize words had emotions.

And your position is not wanted here, make your own thread for your position. Ruining someone elses thread designed for those that actually wish to see a movie and flamebaiting are not wanted.

TK-8252
04-17-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
As for saying "retarded comments with absolutly no base," I thought insults will not be tolerated.

Notice that he's insulting your comments, not you personally. This is not considered flaming.

Anyway, it's totally flawed to base your opinion of the movie on the two before it. RotS has extreme potential to be considered the best movie in the whole saga - not just of the prequels, I mean all of them. "Luca$" may be making some big bucks off his movies, but he's not in it for the money, and if you had watched the documentaries you'd know that. He makes the movies because he likes the story, not the fame that comes from it.

I'm seeing it the day it's out, but I don't think I'll be needing to get my tickets early. It wasn't a problem for Attack of the Clones. :)

RpTheHotrod
04-17-2005, 01:51 AM
I don't really see what the problem is?

What if he's wrong about the movies? Or perhaps right?

It depends on someone's point of view.

Opinions are like noses...everyone has one.

IG-64
04-17-2005, 02:24 AM
Originally posted by kipperthefrog
He doesn't have to make it well thought out for the film to be successful. He has proven that with the other two preqils.

The budget for episodes 1 2 and 3 add up to $350,000,000.

George Lucas and his crew went through a sandstorm for Episode 1. And we must not forget his self-budgeting.

What about lucas changing up the originals? He dosn't do that for extra cash, he does that to improve Star Wars. "A movie is never finished, only abandoned." -George Lucas

Lucas doesn't love money, he loves Star Wars.


Read, learn, have a nice day.

ET Warrior
04-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by RpTheHotrod
Opinions are like noses...everyone has one.
And they all smell.


oh yeah, I went there

Astrotoy7
04-17-2005, 03:57 AM
Originally posted by Spider AL
I'm not going to pay silly amounts of money to see it at the cinema, when it's obvious that it'll be just as awful as the other two prequels.

:violin: awww nobody makes films that are good enough for Spiderman anymore :(

I hardly think it is *obvious* that this fil will be awful : the other movies were just a build up to the events of this....The climax of the clone wars, the genesis of darth vader and the empire, the beginning of the jedi purge, and the unmasking of the sith... all these combined make it surely worth $7 of spider's golden monopoly money ???

mtfbwya

Sabretooth
04-17-2005, 06:49 AM
I'll get 'em later. Nobody here really cares about Star Wars, so I can expect some easy tickets. Speaking of 'no caring' stuff, you'll be surprised at the SW knowledge at my place. Alright, here's one scene:

I walk into a VCD/DVD store and while I'm browsing, a store-lady (who's a bit hot, BTW) stands beside me and offers help. I ask her if you have any Star Wars movies. She points to the Episode 2 VCD and after some finding, hands me the Episode 1. When I ask her if they have Episodes 4, 5 and 6, she says: "Sorry, they haven't been released yet. You should keep your movie knowledge updated through magazines, TV and the Internet." I furiously told her that EP4,5,6 were released some twenty years ago. She answer: "No, no. Why would the makers release 1 and 2 after 4, 5 and 6? Really, they aren't released yet."

If it were allowed by law, I swear I would have choked her to death and commited a hundred tortures on her best left unmentioned.

Mike Windu
04-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Will probably see it opening day, but I won't have to get tickets.

Nobody here cares about SW.

:D

jokemaster
04-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Just bought them online at fandango.com. I'm going at midnight too.


And I judge movies like this: I go see it, if it keeps me entertained, it's a good film. I don't give a crap if the dialouge is hokey, the story non-existent, etc. if it doesn't have me glancing at my watch, or coming out thinking 'that was boring' it's a good film.