PDA

View Full Version : If they sell it, we will *BLEEP*...

Troopr-Undr-Fir
04-17-2005, 01:10 PM
You'll have to excuse the thread title, :doh:

Anyho, I was at the store yesterday morning, and I went down the cereal and breakfast aisle. That is when I discovered a box of corn flakes, with FREAKIN' ANI AND VADER ON THE COVER!!! I jumped for joy, but then had to stop jumping, because I saw an even better find. A box of cornpops with a FREAKIN' LIGHTSABER SPOON THAT LIGHTS UP AND EVERYTHING!!!

I was like :eek:, and the other people in the aisle were like :confused:

And I felt so cool this morning eating my cornpops and igniting my saber spoon :p

So what all have you seen, or bought from the mass advertising for Episode III?

Rogue15
04-17-2005, 01:32 PM
2 grievous figures 2 bottle mt dew, also got the corn pops. yesterday i entered to win the R2-D2 cooler. :joy:

Imma go see if i can get my hands on a Grievous poster for my door (so i can stop hitting my door whenever i get mad lol)

TK-8252
04-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Yoda's on my box of Pepsi. :p

The Seeker
04-17-2005, 02:31 PM
And I felt so cool this morning eating my cornpops and igniting my saber spoon :worship: *coughnerdcough* :p

Pie™
04-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by JediKnight_114
:worship: *coughnerdcough* :p A nerd?! Here, at our beautiful cool forum filled with jocks!? You must surely speak purely in jest! :eek:

Back on topic: I haven't actually seen any merchandising for it here, except the pretty horrible (in my opinion) teaser poster with Ani's cape at the cinema. :(

Troopr-Undr-Fir
04-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by JediKnight_114
:worship: *coughnerdcough* :p
Hence the ":p"

:xp:

ZBomber
04-17-2005, 03:44 PM
WEIRD! I actually made a psot about this on my forum. :eek: Clicky (http://thelastchild.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=968)

For all you lazy asses: :p

Corn Pops (With Jedi Spoon)
Lays Cheddar Stacks
Star Wars Episode III Cereal (Yoda)
Star Wars Episode III Cereal (Vader)
Cheetos (Color Changing)
Dark Chocolate M&Ms (vader, Clone Trooper, Boba) [Big Bag] [49/72]
Fudge Shoppe Lava Stripes
Peanut M&Ms (R2-D2, C-3PO, Queen Amidala, Anakin Skywalker) [Big Bag] [45/72]
Milk Chocolate M&Ms (Obi-Wan) [3/72]
Milk Chocolate M&Ms (Mace Windu) [6/72]
Chips Deluxe (Extra Chips)
Chips Deluxe (Rainbow)
Cheeze-its (C-3PO)
Star Wars Fruit Snacks
25-packs (Lays Snacks)

IG-64
04-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Just mini wheats and pop tarts.

I haven't been to the store in awhile.

GothiX
04-17-2005, 06:03 PM
Eh, I've only had those Star Wars Pringles. And that's just because I love Pringles.

Black Knight of Keno
04-17-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
And I felt so cool this morning eating my cornpops and igniting my saber spoon

That's going to end up in my sig :D

I've only seen the Pringles commercial which sucks @$$...
Not been to the store in a while

Mike Windu
04-17-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm so going to Wal Mart.

I want that spoon.

Pie™
04-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by GothiX
Eh, I've only had those Star Wars Pringles. And that's just because I love Pringles. ...And he's a man that enjoys his pringles...

Mmm...

LukeKatarn
04-17-2005, 08:19 PM
Not very many stuff, I can't make a list because quite a bit of the stuff is gone. But where the heck do you get the Dark Choclat M&MS!? I drove all the way to SUper Target and they weren't there! Or Target ((Which IS closer)) and some other stores. I'm like "We drove all the way out here to buy them, AND THEY AREN'T EVEN HERE? WHere the heck are they!?"

Vikinor
04-17-2005, 10:49 PM
M&Ms? Try the checkout isle in a grocery store.

I got the M&Ms Star Wars stuff.

narfblat
04-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Darth Tater (Mr. Potato Head with Vader attachments)
2 regular dark chocolate M&M's
2 peanut dark chocolate M&M's

I bought the M&M's at Wwalgreen's.

jebbers
04-18-2005, 08:43 AM
ill post a pic when i get home so you can see my cool red saber spoon

Joetheeskimo
04-18-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by Troopr-Undr-Fir
Anyho, I was at the store yesterday morning, and I went down the cereal and breakfast aisle. That is when I discovered a box of corn flakes, with FREAKIN' ANI AND VADER ON THE COVER!!! I jumped for joy, but then had to stop jumping, because I saw an even better find. A box of cornpops with a FREAKIN' LIGHTSABER SPOON THAT LIGHTS UP AND EVERYTHING!!!

I saw that saber spoon :D Didn't buy it though, because I'm not as obsessed with Star Wars as you :xp:

BongoBob
04-18-2005, 09:42 AM
And who's the one with a star wars av and sig :xp:

Joetheeskimo
04-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by BongoBob
And who's the one with a star wars av and sig :xp:

Er...Star Wars the MOVIE!

ZBomber
04-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Really? I got a green saber spoon. :D

All this food I bought, not even sure if I can eat it all. :D

IG-64
04-18-2005, 06:36 PM
I got a Grievous sticker from my lays potato chips. :^:

Troopr-Undr-Fir
04-18-2005, 07:37 PM
W00t, I got the red saber...

And this morning on my way home from work I stopped for some bread, and I got one with a green saber!

Must.find.blue.saber.period.

Darth Groovy
04-19-2005, 05:14 AM
This is pretty intense. Star Wars merchandising is always fun, when you can walk into nearly any store, and see something Star Wars. It is really exiting. Merchandising has not been this fun since before the release of TPM. AOTC, kind of played low on the merchandising scale.

So far, i've only purchased action figures, but I got my eye on some ROTS Pez despensers. Those fetch a pretty penny. I have quite a few from years past.

Are any of the Fast Food chains doing premiums again this time around?

El Sitherino
04-19-2005, 06:08 AM
I got the red saber spoon.

I want a giant Grievous pez dispenser. :(

IG-64
04-19-2005, 10:24 AM
http://img253.echo.cx/img253/8559/img30540ls.th.jpg (http://img253.echo.cx/my.php?image=img30540ls.jpg)

And i'm a man who loves his Grievous.

Astrotoy7
04-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Chase Windu

*swings saber spoon around like a little kid and makes saber sounds and eats a spoonfull of cereal every few moments*

...says the toughguy who flamed fans who like to dress up on premiere night :p

seen a few thing around here...Dont get really excited by that stuff. Got a couple of action figures, thats all I want really :)

mtfbwya

ZBomber
04-19-2005, 11:23 AM
I haven't seen the soda cans anywhere. How many are there? Are there 25 like TPM?

jebbers
04-19-2005, 04:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/jebadiah/lightsaber_spoon.jpg

MAH SPOON!!!!!!!!

and i like the merch for Ep I and III...there were lots for TPM

Mike Windu
04-19-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow. That's a fricking cool saber spoon.

I cant believe that came from a cereal box @.@

Troopr-Undr-Fir
04-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
Wow. That's a fricking cool saber spoon.

I cant believe that came from a cereal box @.@

Ladies and gentlemen... The reason for this thread :D

I think they're doing an excellent job of getting things hyped for Ep. III :cool:

jon_hill987
04-19-2005, 08:04 PM
I have yet to see anything like that round here but i didn't stay long in the breakfast cerial isle, I just grabbed my honey nut cornflakes and got outa there (the isle not the shop, i did pay for them).

tags
04-20-2005, 09:45 PM
all I got was 2 boxes of cheez-its. as soon as i get a mailing stamp i'll send for a episode 3 poster.

STTCT
04-20-2005, 10:35 PM
I got the red Lightsaber too - for my son of course!

I also bought him the Star Wars Fruit snacks...which are like all of those crappy fruit snacks - awful! But hey he likes em - and he picked the Star Wars over Winnie the pooh....

Mike Windu
04-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by STTCT
I got the red Lightsaber too - for my son of course!

I also bought him the Star Wars Fruit snacks...which are like all of those crappy fruit snacks - awful! But hey he likes em - and he picked the Star Wars over Winnie the pooh....

:eek:

BLASPHEMY!

Why didn't you get him both? :p

ET Warrior
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Because Star Wars is infinitely cooler than Winnie the Pooh. Dur.

Vikinor
04-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Star Wars gummies?! AWESOME!

The only thing I do with the Winnie The Pooh gummies is eat them and torture my little cousins with them. Like jabbing a toothpick in piglet and cuting off the heads of the others. It is quite fun. Then I give them the gummies and become a good loveable cousin. In the end they just got a learning lesson about Medieval times/torture.

Mike Windu
04-22-2005, 01:24 PM
*does the blue lightspoon dance*

HAH!

:p

SkinWalker
04-22-2005, 03:41 PM
My daughter likes the Lava Colored, Star Wars Pop-Tarts... okay, I eat as many as she does :)

I'm thinking of piggy-backing the hype and putting my old 1977 action figures on Ebay... complete with Darth Vader storage case...

Maybe I can make a buck or two. I only have a few left (R2D2, a stormtrooper, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and a couple other minor characters. I sold the Obi Wan for $27 when Episode I came out! The Darth Vader figure went for even more -don't remember how much though.

jebbers
04-23-2005, 11:01 AM
i gotten three red saber spoons in a row and i havent gotten a blue or green yet and i want one!

im kinda getting mad that i bought the cereal and i havent any milk to eat them with now...

ZBomber
04-23-2005, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by SkinWalker
My daughter likes the Lava Colored, Star Wars Pop-Tarts... okay, I eat as many as she does :)

I'm thinking of piggy-backing the hype and putting my old 1977 action figures on Ebay... complete with Darth Vader storage case...

Maybe I can make a buck or two. I only have a few left (R2D2, a stormtrooper, Han Solo, Chewbacca, and a couple other minor characters. I sold the Obi Wan for $27 when Episode I came out! The Darth Vader figure went for even more -don't remember how much though.

OMG OMG SELL ME THEM! :eek:

No seriously though, if you put them on EBay, tell me.