PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360???

Acrylic
04-22-2005, 07:18 PM
This is supposedly a picture of the new Xbox.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000293041091/

Engadget says that their sources say that it is really the new Xbox.

Anyways, I really don't know about this... I don't admire the look of it too much. But it is better than the current Xbox. But I was expecting something more curvier. Ah well. I'll prolly get it anyways!

Edit: Also, this thread at cheapassgamer.com has a good pic, which I'll just post here.

http://img150.echo.cx/img150/7279/xbox36023xo.jpg

imageshack was upset about yoru hotlinking, so I took of the img tags ~ET

Nevermind....that didn't work either, reupload the pic and post it witha clickable thumbnail

ZBomber
04-22-2005, 07:23 PM
You're kidding..... that's fugly. :(

Acrylic
04-22-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

Hell of a lot better than the current Xbox though.

Tyrion
04-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by ZBomber

You know, I hadn't seen your post but I was thinking "fugly" exactly, too.

Tokarev
04-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I'll pass and stick with the current design. :)

IG-64
04-22-2005, 07:40 PM
http://img153.echo.cx/img153/8138/annoyingwatermark7ul.jpg

Anyways, about the X-Box, if it's STILL even real, I wish there were more angles on it.

Curt-Man
04-22-2005, 07:47 PM
well that looks so dumb, oh well, i hope the controllers don't look like those in the blurry pics.

BongoBob
04-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Why is there only one controller port >.> <.<

Acrylic
04-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
Why is there only one controller port >.> <.<

Actually, there are no controller ports. It comes with wireless controllers. (And its true to the rumors, by looking at this)

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 12:51 AM
Sorry to double post, but this is kinda important.

New picture, you can see it at engadget.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000400041113/

I'm starting to really like the console design. It's growing on me.

Anyways, any idea on what it says on the side?

StormHammer
04-23-2005, 12:55 AM
It looks like one of those electric alarm clock radios with a dodgy manufacturer's name on it that you can buy for under a fiver. You know the ones I mean...

I thought beige plastic went out of fashion?

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by StormHammer
It looks like one of those electric alarm clock radios with a dodgy manufacturer's name on it that you can buy for under a fiver. You know the ones I mean...

I thought beige plastic went out of fashion?

It's not beige. It's metallic/white.

Nalukai
04-23-2005, 01:15 AM
photoshop 7 > xbox

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by Nalukai
photoshop 7 > xbox

*doesn't care*

I really don't think this is the appropriate thread to discuss what's better. Make your own thread. I'm sick of having threads I make crapped on by stupid posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

Mkay?

Tyrion
04-23-2005, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Acrylic
*doesn't care*

I really don't think this is the appropriate thread to discuss what's better. Make your own thread. I'm sick of having threads I make crapped on by stupid posts that have nothing to do with the subject.

Mkay?

He's talking about how the xbox 360 photo you posted was doctored by Photoshop 7, not that Photoshop 7 is better than xbox 360.

You didn't get that?

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Tyrion

He's talking about how the xbox 360 photo you posted was doctored by Photoshop 7, not that Photoshop 7 is better than xbox 360.

You didn't get that?

Well, obviously not.

TiE23
04-23-2005, 02:21 AM
Who the **** would go out of their way to make a real looking Xbox360 fake? Really, who? This is really real, and it looks sexy IMO. Looks like a curvey Mac Mini.

I made a pic on how big it will be judging from the size of the disc drive.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/xbox360_realsize.jpg

TiE

Astrotoy7
04-23-2005, 02:29 AM
he he.... lucky the console wars isnt a beauty competition because the Xbox would LOSE :p

we all now the Ps3 will look awesome :D [/sony fanboi]

mtfbwya

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
we all now the Ps3 will look awesome :D [/sony fanboi]

Yeah, you never really KNOW...

It could be the Xbox360 that would turn out to be a lot nicer. I really do hope that the PS3 is small, sleek, curvy, shiny, and sexy though. :)

Crow_Nest
04-23-2005, 12:57 PM
The desgin is better than the normal Xbox thats for sure. But the normal Xbox still looks cool though.

BongoBob
04-23-2005, 05:29 PM
especially modded out ;)

El Sitherino
04-23-2005, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by |GG|Crow_Nest
The desgin is better than the normal Xbox thats for sure. But the normal Xbox still looks cool though. Not really. Like stormy said, this looks like a crappy clock/radio. And the xbox never really bothered trying to be pretty, becase a pretty system doesn't mean crap if the games suck.

TiE23
04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Not really. Like stormy said, this looks like a crappy clock/radio. And the xbox never really bothered trying to be pretty, becase a pretty system doesn't mean crap if the games suck. Looks G5 esque to me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/xbox_comparison.jpg

Made a quick wallpaper for the Xbox 360 :D

(1024x768)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/xbox360_wallpaper.jpg

TiE

Pie™
04-23-2005, 06:06 PM
I really do hope that the PS3 is small, sleek, curvy, shiny, and sexy though. :) At least now we know what you're gonna do to your PS3. :naughty: :eek:

ET Warrior
04-23-2005, 06:17 PM
What I want to know is....who cares? Why does it matter how your console looks? What matters is what it draws on your TV screen.

TiE23
04-23-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by ET Warrior
What matters is what it draws on your TV screen.
Like this? :D
http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports_videos/fifa2003/futbolfuture_hi.mov
or
http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports_videos/fifa2003/futbolfuture_lo.mov

TiE

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by TiE 23
Looks G5 esque to me.

Well, of course it's gonna be metallic and have holes. I mean, for God's sake, that thing's (going to be) powerful. It'll need a way to get rid of all the heat.

Hopefully it'll have some sweet green liquid cooling system that illuminates through the holes. :D

TiE23
04-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Hopefully it'll have some sweet green liquid cooling system that illuminates through the holes. :D Not in this life time :p

But it would be cool if they have LED trim inside the holes to make it glow green. :D

TiE

Vikinor
04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I saw a picture of the PS3. It was fake of course, but it was the people just taking guesses of what it would look like. And their guesstimated PS3 looked a whole lot better than the XBOX360. Can someone tell me how to put the picture on here?

IG-64
04-23-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by VikingLarz
I saw a picture of the PS3. It was fake of course, but it was the people just taking guesses of what it would look like. And their guesstimated PS3 looked a whole lot better than the XBOX360. Can someone tell me how to put the picture on here?

I've seen many, many of those.

Click (http://home.btconnect.com/hgi/ps3/20.jpg)
Click (http://www.ps3portal.com/Pictures/Playstation3fullsize2.jpg)
Click (http://www.konsola.pl/ps2/ps3xenon/images1.jpg)
Click (http://www2.radio24.ilsole24ore.com/varie/games24/ancora%20playstation3.jpg)
Click (http://www.playstation-3-forums.com/playstation_3/uploads/00000031.jpg)

Just a few of them.

Vikinor
04-23-2005, 09:11 PM
It isn't any of those. I did like pictures #2 and #3 though. With all these people making fake PS3's the real one better look awesome.

Jared
04-23-2005, 10:39 PM
honestly, i'd bet my life savings that no one who shouldnt have a picture of the new xbox, doesn't, and won't ever have one until it comes out.

Acrylic
04-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by Jared
honestly, i'd bet my life savings that no one who shouldnt have a picture of the new xbox, doesn't, and won't ever have one until it comes out.

WEll, I think it's insider people from microsoft that have the console have broken their code of secrecy and taken a picture of it.

Or, it could be |-|@xXxz0|2Z!11!

Astrotoy7
04-24-2005, 05:10 AM
It isn't any of those. I did like pictures #2 and #3 though. With all these people making fake PS3's the real one better look awesome.

Ive loved the third design for a long time. It's sleek, sexy and looks like it could make a great grilled cheese sandwich :)

mtfbwya

Tokarev
04-24-2005, 07:28 AM
What I want to know is....who cares? Why does it matter how your console looks? What matters is what it draws on your TV screen.

Not to mention the size of it which some emphasize...

toms
04-25-2005, 11:58 AM
As others have said: It looks a lost better than the first xbox (which, in all honesty is ugly as hell, and huge)... but it doesn't exactly look stunning.

Now that someone has said it looks like a Radio Alarm clock I'm not going to get that image out of my mind...:D

Actually, there are no controller ports. It comes with wireless controllers. (And its true to the rumors, by looking at this)

That DOES look like a controller port thoguh, maybe they included one for peripherals that won't work as well with wireless... dance mats, old peripherals, etc? Or maybe its something else...

ET Warrior
04-25-2005, 12:17 PM
Like this? :D
http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports_videos/fifa2003/futbolfuture_hi.mov
or
http://files.ea.com/downloads/sports_videos/fifa2003/futbolfuture_lo.mov

The new graphics are seriously underwhelming, as I knew they would be. There's just not THAT much room for improvement in graphical quality. Honestly, I feel the graphics in Chaos Theory are nearly on par with Next Gen Madden :dozey:

El Sitherino
04-25-2005, 02:32 PM
The new graphics are seriously underwhelming, as I knew they would be. There's just not THAT much room for improvement in graphical quality. Honestly, I feel the graphics in Chaos Theory are nearly on par with Next Gen Madden :dozey: Better I'd say. Like I said before, this madden looks no different than the one before it which claimed "amazingly realistic graphics".

LukeKatarn
04-25-2005, 06:42 PM
Bah, it looks like a VCR! That can't be it. I highly doubt that's it.

El Sitherino
04-25-2005, 06:48 PM
Looks G5 esque to me.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/xbox_comparison.jpg

Having holes in it and being metallic, hardly makes it G5-esque.

MTV2
04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
hmmm, canadian company to start renting UMD discs for the PSP...cool. just watch microsoft not release another system, though they probably will.

BongoBob
04-25-2005, 09:37 PM
um, WTF!?! What's this about the PSP and UMD disks being in a thread about the next Xbox? and generally wtf are you talking about. I tell you, people, don't drink and post.

ET Warrior
04-25-2005, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by MTV2
hmmm, canadian company to start renting UMD discs for the PSP...cool. just watch microsoft not release another system, though they probably will.

Worst. Post. Ever.

Seriously, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic. Please don't do that in the future.

Acrylic
04-26-2005, 12:05 AM
Worst. Post. Ever.

Seriously, that has absolutely NOTHING to do with this topic. Please don't do that in the future.

I think I am madly in love with you ET.

Uhm, to stay on topic in my own topic...

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000830041245/

That's supposedly the memory card for the Xbox 360. And it's supposedly 64MB.

I'm sure there'll be bigger sizes than that.

Also, I wonder if we'll be able to use our own HDD's instead of having to buy specific ones for the Xbox360, since I mean, I can get a 160 GB HDD for like $70 or so.

ET Warrior
04-26-2005, 12:41 AM
I think I am madly in love with you ET.

Get in line son ;)

My guess would be they wouldn't let you use any harddrive, they'll probably set it up so the Xbox won't recognize other HD's, in an effort to squeeze every last dollar out of us ;)

Sabretooth
04-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Here's what you can do to make that horrible X-360 design look better:

Change the primary colour to black
add more curves, but don't make it round
place an X somewhere in the design
Make a glowing green light around every button
no holes, use Liquid Cooling

that's all for now

BongoBob
04-26-2005, 09:37 AM
and you can do all this with a little modding.

And I doubt that even if they do make it to where it can't read any hdds, I'm sure that the modding community will find a way to make it work. I mean, if they can get linux to run on an electric shaver.

Vikinor
04-26-2005, 04:09 PM
Worst. Post. Ever.

You have said that before, to other posts.

I thought the next Xbox was going to be called Xenon. Or am I behind on this information?

ET Warrior
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
You have said that before, to other posts.

The title gets passed as the posts get worse.

El Sitherino
04-26-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by BongoBob
and you can do all this with a little modding.

And I doubt that even if they do make it to where it can't read any hdds, I'm sure that the modding community will find a way to make it work. Damn straight. :)

BongoBob
04-26-2005, 11:41 PM
And since this is supposedly coming out this christmas, then I will have a job by then. Which means I will have money to get it at launch. Along with games. And then mod the hell out of it :cool:

*sits and waits*

Sabretooth
04-27-2005, 01:15 AM
I thought the next Xbox was going to be called Xenon. Or am I behind on this information?

You must have prolly heard that at the GameSpot poll or something. Xenon, as far as I know was an Intel processor for laptops and such. Xenon does sound good, but it would ruin the whole "X-Box" franchise name.

shukrallah
04-29-2005, 04:41 PM
Well, of course it's gonna be metallic and have holes. I mean, for God's sake, that thing's (going to be) powerful. It'll need a way to get rid of all the heat.

Actually, this time around everthing is rumored to be in reverse. In the current console generation Xbox is the strongest, GCN is in the middle, and PS2 is weakest. But now, the PS3 is rumored to be stronger, the GCN will be in the middle, and the Xbox360 will be the weakest console. Not trying to bash, just stating a general fact.

Better I'd say. Like I said before, this madden looks no different than the one before it which claimed "amazingly realistic graphics".

Yeah, I looked at the shots expecting something awesome, yet I found... the same old, same old. Im not saying they are bad, but.. I have seen better.

IG-64
04-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Yeah, I looked at the shots expecting something awesome, yet I found... the same old, same old. Im not saying they are bad, but.. I have seen better.

We talking about Madden '06 or madden next-gen?

Cause Madden Next-Gen looks freakin' amazing.

TiE23
04-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Sabretooth
Here's what you can do to make that horrible X-360 design look better:

Change the primary colour to black
add more curves, but don't make it round
place an X somewhere in the design
Make a glowing green light around every button
no holes, use Liquid Cooling

that's all for now
Color: Different colors, black, white, silver, and lime green
Curves: Looks good to me
X: Bah
Lights: Sounds cool
Holes: If you want it larger and pay an extra $100, go ahead and make it happen.

TiE

Tokarev
04-29-2005, 06:50 PM
Liquid cooling will just drive up the cost and like ET said, who cares about how it looks... I just want something functional.

Acrylic
04-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by lukeskywalker1
Actually, this time around everthing is rumored to be in reverse. In the current console generation Xbox is the strongest, GCN is in the middle, and PS2 is weakest. But now, the PS3 is rumored to be stronger, the GCN will be in the middle, and the Xbox360 will be the weakest console. Not trying to bash, just stating a general fact.

Well, most powerful or not, it will most definately be very powerful, and capable of many things, as will the PS3. I can't speak for the Revolution though, since I know nothing about it.

But, I'm sure the PS3 and Xbox360 will have holes, since you're putting a whole bunch of power (Hell, it may be more powerful than my [then] $3,000 computer) in a really small space. It's bound to overheat. So fans, holes, anything would help.

EDIT:
Originally posted by Tokarev
Liquid cooling will just drive up the cost and like ET said, who cares about how it looks... I just want something functional.
I care about how it looks. You want something that looks nice in your home. Luckily, I'm in the minority that thinks this is a great design. So, I wouldn't mind it looking like this.

abespam
04-29-2005, 08:17 PM
this was from ICON in the Sydney Morning Herald (An Australian Newspaper)

Microsoft is unveiling its next console believed to be called Xbox 360, in a pay TV special on May 12. THe program, called the Next Generation Xbox revealed, will be screened at 7pm on Foxtel's MTV channel and will include video clips of upcoming games and insider footage on the making of the highly anticipated system.

tags
04-29-2005, 11:28 PM
technology grows to fast for me to keep up.

BCanr2d2
04-29-2005, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Sabretooth
You must have prolly heard that at the GameSpot poll or something. Xenon, as far as I know was an Intel processor for laptops and such. Xenon does sound good, but it would ruin the whole "X-Box" franchise name.

Intel uses Xeon for their server chips, with a truckload of on die L2 Cache.

Centrino was the name for the laptop chip.

As for XBOX360, as long as it's backwards compatible, then I am all for it. Got a good collection of games already - don't want to have to put 2 consoles in the loungeroom

Acrylic
04-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2
As for XBOX360, as long as it's backwards compatible, then I am all for it. Got a good collection of games already - don't want to have to put 2 consoles in the loungeroom

Not to mention I want to have a bit more room, as the original Xbox is kinda huge...

the_raven_03
04-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by BCanr2d2

I would prefer it to not be backwards compatible. I would just as soon take out the old console if I wanted to play any of the games for it.

Acrylic
04-30-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by the_raven_03
I would prefer it to not be backwards compatible. I would just as soon take out the old console if I wanted to play any of the games for it.

If it were backwards compatible, normal Xbox games would load a lot faster. And that would be great.

toms
05-03-2005, 09:40 AM
I heard they couldn't make it backwards compatible.... unless that has changed recently.

Back Compat is a great idea (and really helped the PS2 imho) as a lot of people like to trade in their old consoles to take the edge of the cost of a new one... and don't want to end up with loads of useless games they have to sell. Or 100s of consoles under their tv ;)

Nintendo should just go the whole hog and make the revolution a total NES/SNES/N64 emulator. You can get every NES/SNES/N64 game ever made on one disc these days... modders will hack it to do that anyway (like my xbox) so why not make it a "feature"????

Acrylic
05-07-2005, 04:43 PM
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Apparantly, someone took a camera phone and took a picture of the Xbox 360.

Now, I thought this was going t be really nice looking, but for God's sake, I think this thing looks bad now.

Not to mention the controller looks like ****.

Ugh, thanks for totally disappointing me microsoft.:(

(but who knows, they may change the look after E3, like Nintendo did with the DS.)

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it's starting to grow on me a bit. I think that we need to see a clearer picture than the one provided to be able to fully judge it.

IG-64
05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000490042605/

Apparantly, someone took a camera phone and took a picture of the Xbox 360.

Now, I thought this was going t be really nice looking, but for God's sake, I think this thing looks bad now.

Not to mention the controller looks like ****.

Ugh, thanks for totally disappointing me microsoft.:(

(but who knows, they may change the look after E3, like Nintendo did with the DS.)

EDIT: Now that I look at it more, it's starting to grow on me a bit. I think that we need to see a clearer picture than the one provided to be able to fully judge it.

Looks pretty good actually, kinda looks like a computer on the subway diet.

I see the disk drive looks alot darker than in the first picture that was leaked.

It's also alot fatter than I imagined.

Acrylic
05-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by IG-64

I see the disk drive looks alot darker than in the first picture that was leaked.

Well, it's the lighting.

I heard its actually supposed to have a brushed metal look, and not be white.

But who knows, May 12th is soon. We'll know for sure then.

Acrylic
05-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I think this deserves a new "reply"

New pictures!

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000040042613/

Supposedly the Xbox 360 Media Center Remote

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000200042615/

and the controller

Now, I like the controller.

It looks better than the one in the live shot.

Though, I wish the D-pad was white

The whole sphere with an x on it idea is kinda cool...

WOOT!

EDIT: Supposedly, the sphere is supposed to be some kind of new button. Maybe not, maybe it's just the logo, but I wouldn't doubt it if it was some kind of trackwheel, hence the name "360".

IG-64
05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
EDIT: Supposedly, the sphere is supposed to be some kind of new button. Maybe not, maybe it's just the logo, but I wouldn't doubt it if it was some kind of trackwheel, hence the name "360".

Yeah, that's what it looks like, it's got 4 arrows around it.

Pretty cool. :thumbsup:

abespam
05-07-2005, 09:09 PM
controller doesnt look that aesthetically appealling, and it looks like its chunky as ever.

This sphere sounds interesting, but i wonder why they put up between the start and select button, its hard enuf to reach all the buttons and pads as it is..

TiE23
05-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by abespam
controller doesnt look that aesthetically appealling, and it looks like its chunky as ever.

This sphere sounds interesting, but i wonder why they put up between the start and select button, its hard enuf to reach all the buttons and pads as it is.. I hope you are talking about the original Xbox controller, cause the Conrtoller S is by far the best controller for any console ever.

TiE

BongoBob
05-07-2005, 10:25 PM
God it looks sweet :D

I am one of the 2 percent of people in the world that actually prefers the gigantic hamburger launch controller. It just fit my hands so well. And you know what the say about big hands right?...cause I sure as hell don't >.> <.<

El Sitherino
05-08-2005, 01:01 AM
I hope you are talking about the original Xbox controller, cause the Conrtoller S is by far the best controller for any console ever.
Bull****. That crap is tiny as hell.

ET Warrior
05-08-2005, 01:13 AM
Phhh, don't knock the controller just because your hands are bigger than Shaq's feet.

El Sitherino
05-08-2005, 01:25 AM
Phhh, don't knock the controller just because your hands are bigger than Shaq's feet. You know you want my wookiee sized hands.

toms
05-10-2005, 11:35 AM
when i finally got my xbox i ws going to make a sarcastic comment about the size of the controller... then i found out the one that came with my xbox was actually the SMALL ONE!!!! omg! WTF was the original like? Its still bigger than the ps2 or gc ones...

Oh, the consensus is that the orb isn't a trackball (bad placement) but a "live button" to connect to the live dashboard etc... (ms is pushing live as a fully integral part of the 36).

The arrows may be to allow you to select wireless frequencies? maybe...

endgaget also has some leaked xbox and live specs (not authenticated).... and kotaku is reporting that developers have said that the PS3 blow the 360 out of the water Power-wise.

But of course its coming out later, so it would be more powerfull...

IG-64
05-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I think MS is rushing it. The Xbox was the last to come out last time? And now they'll be the first, meaning the Xbox was the shortest lived.

Acrylic
05-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by toms
when i finally got my xbox i ws going to make a sarcastic comment about the size of the controller... then i found out the one that came with my xbox was actually the SMALL ONE!!!! omg! WTF was the original like? Its still bigger than the ps2 or gc ones...

One word. HUGE.

It's like comparing Star Jones before her procedure and now.

Big difference.

Acrylic
05-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Woot.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000777043180/

I guess that explains it all.

Wait, no it doesn't.

Here are the full res pictures of the mag scans.

And uh, 56k, don't try unless you're hardcore about wanting to wait so long to see the pics.

www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/1.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/2.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/3.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/4.jpg

Also, don't forget about the big MTV premiere tonight at 9:30 EST (8:30 my time! ;))

Tyrion
05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Woot.

http://engadget.com/entry/1234000777043180/

I guess that explains it all.

Wait, no it doesn't.

Here are the full res pictures of the mag scans.

And uh, 56k, don't try unless you're hardcore about wanting to wait so long to see the pics.

www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/1.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/2.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/3.jpg
www.cmd.tech.nhl.nl/users/rooij100/images/360/4.jpg

Also, don't forget about the big MTV premiere tonight at 9:30 EST (8:30 my time! ;))

First off, it's in about an hour? Sheesh.

Anyways, while the pictures are bleh(I can care less as long as it's not overly flamboyant) I'm also looking at the specs. 3 3.2 ghz intel processors, 500mhz Ati processor with 10 megs of embedded ram(alot faster than regular video memory) but the laser drive supports only up to dual-layer dvd's. 10 gb's total per cd, which is rather bad compared to the new Blu-Ray cd developed by Sony which holds 50gb.

Acrylic
05-12-2005, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Tyrion
First off, it's in about an hour? Sheesh.

Anyways, while the pictures are bleh(I can care less as long as it's not overly flamboyant) I'm also looking at the specs. 3 3.2 ghz intel processors, 500mhz Ati processor with 10 megs of embedded ram(alot faster than regular video memory) but the laser drive supports only up to dual-layer dvd's. 10 gb's total per cd, which is rather bad compared to the new Blu-Ray cd developed by Sony which holds 50gb.

I think Microsoft did that to keep down on the cost of games.

But I don't know. They keep boasting this whole High-definition thing, but yet they don't support HD-DVD's?

WTF, I say.

Tyrion
05-12-2005, 09:16 PM
I think Microsoft did that to keep down on the cost of games.

But I don't know. They keep boasting this whole High-definition thing, but yet they don't support HD-DVD's?

WTF, I say.

Not that it matters much, as Toshiba(who made the HD-DVD's) isn't going to use them as it's partnered up with Sony to manufacture Blu-Ray.

TiE23
05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I think it is safe to assume that we won't have to worry about games getting larger than 10gb for some time, guys. But in a few hours, the MTV thing starts, so look in your TV Guide and get ready! :D

TiE

Mike Windu
05-12-2005, 10:40 PM
A very unimpressive showing, if I do say so myself.

Sure,Madden looked good. But it'll look good on the ps3 also.

Oh my, customizable face plates...!:rolleyes:

XBOX 1.5

Acrylic
05-12-2005, 10:41 PM
I think it is safe to assume that we won't have to worry about games getting larger than 10gb for some time, guys. But in a few hours, the MTV thing starts, so look in your TV Guide and get ready! :D

TiE

Uh, actually, it ended 22 minutes ago.

and it sucked.

Anyways, here is the back of the controller, I took a printscreen of it from xbox360.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v144/acrylicguitar/games/360controllerback.jpg

There are no black and white buttons, but they've been replaced by buttons that remind me of R1 and R2 buttons from the Playstation.

Hmm, wonder how they'll adapt that to gaming...

DarkLord60
05-12-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/6412.cfm

Here is more specifications kind of cool.

StormHammer
05-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Here's a bunch of specs ripped of some site somewhere...

Xbox 360 Specs:

CPU

* 3 symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
* 2 hardware threads per core; 6 threads total
* 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core; 3 total
* 128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
* 1MB L2 Cache
* 9 billion dot product operations per second

Custom ATI GPU:

* 500 MHz Clock Speed
* 10 MB embedded DRAM
* 48-way parallel floating-point dynamically-scheduled shader pipelines
* Unified shader architecture
* 500 million triangles per second polygon performance
* 16 gigasamples per second pixel fillrate using 4X MSAA
* 48 billion shader operations per second

Memory:

* 512 MB GDDR3 RAM
* 700 MHz DDR
* Unified memory architecture
* 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
* 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
* 21.6 GB/s front-side bus

Overall System Floating-Point Performance:

* 1 TFLOP

Storage:

* Detachable and upgradeable 20 GB hard drive
* 12X dual-layer DVD-ROM
* Memory unit support starting at 64 MB

Input/Output:

* Support for up to 4 wireless game controllers
* 3 USB 2.0 ports - 2 front concealed under flap, 1 rear - compatible with all USB devices
* 2 memory unit slots

Digital Media Support:

* Support for DVD-Video, DVD-ROM, DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 CD, JPEG Photo CD
* Stream media from portable music devices, digital cameras, Windows XP PCs
* Rip music to Xbox 360 hard drive
* Custom playlists in every game
* Windows Media Center Extender built in
* Interactive, full screen 3D visualizers

HD Game Support:

* All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
* Standard definition and high definition video output supported
* Multichannel surround sound output
* Supports 48 KHz 16-bit audio
* 320 independent decompression channels
* 32-bit audio processing
* Over 256 audio channels

Optimized for Online:

* Instant, out-of-the-box access to Xbox Live features, including Xbox Live Marketplace for downloadable content, Gamer Profile for digital identity and voice chat to talk to friends while playing games, watching movies or listening to music
* Built in Ethernet Port at rear of console
* Wi-Fi Ready: 802.11 A, B and G
* Video Camera Ready

Wireless Controllers:

* 'Black' & 'White' buttons moved to shoulders of controller; now known as 'Bumpers'
* 'Expansion Jack' & 'Audio Jack' located at the bottom of controller
* Found at the top of controller is the 'Charge Port,' where the 'Play-Charge' recharging cable is connected

Jazz:

* Stands vertically or horizontally
* Interchangeable faceplates to personalize console to owners tastes
* In addition to summoning the Xbox Gamer Guide and the Xbox System Guide, Xbox Guide Button on controller and DVD remote lets gamers turn their systems on and off while kicking back on the couch
* 'Ring of Light' on console and controller communicates different events to player with varying patterns and colours, such as a new Xbox Live game invite being sent; many more cool actions displayable

Xbox Live For The Next Generation

Increased Flexibility

* Xbox Live, Silver - No monthly subscription required
* Xbox Live, Gold - Standard monthly subscription required

Benefits of Xbox Live, Gold

Unified Service Approach
* Xbox Gamer Guide that provides a consistent interface across all experiences
* Access to other players' Gamer Cards via Xbox Live
* Xbox Guide Button for fast access to the Guide and online features
* Personalized game play settings
* Seamless transition of Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360

Xbox Live Online Game Play
* Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply)
* Free Xbox Live weekends
* Multiplayer online game play

Xbox Live Gamer Profile
* 'Gamertile' personalized image for your gamer profile
* Personalized 'Motto' for your gaming profile
* Personalized look for the Xbox System Guide
* Collection of offline achievements
* Collection of online achievements
* Personalized 'Gamertag'

Xbox Live Intelligent Matchmaking
* 'Gamer Score' - Part of Gamer Profile: cumulative score of all of achievements. Can be used for quick comparison with other gamers
* 'Location/Language' - Part of Gamer Profile: identifies your location and preferred language
* 'Reputation' - Part of Gamer Profile: rating provided by community that indicates how you are perceived by other players
* Enhanced matchmaking using above elements of gamer profile
* Choice of matchmaking based on either skill level or social play
* Opportunity to provide feedback on other players and affect your likelihood to match with them in the future
* 'Gamerzone' - Part of Gamer Profile: indicates style of social gaming you prefer - relaxed/casual, competitive, etc.

Xbox Live Community
* Friends List; online presence
* Recent Players List
* Ubiquitous voice chat in game
* Ubiquitous voice chat out of game

Xbox Live Marketplace
* Credit card no longer required for Xbox Live access
* Free and premium downloadable game content
* Free and premium downloadable movies, music and TV
* Downloadable game trailers/demos
* Microtranscations

Xbox Live Message Center
* Game Invites
* Friend Invites
* Text and Voice Messages
* Service/System Messages

Digital Media Experiences
* Play music from portable music devices
* View pictures from digital cameras
* Stream Media from connected Windows XP PC
* Track Info for CDs (Offline & Online)

Parental Controls
* Game play based on game rating (e.g. ESRB)
* Managing Friends List
* Sharing profiles and/or viewing other profiles
* Communicating via voice, video, and/or text
* Presence
* Ability to purchase premium content in marketplace
* Ability to play multiplayer online

Benefits of Xbox Live, Silver

Unified Service Approach
* Access to other players' Gamer Cards via Xbox Live

Xbox Live Online Game Play
* Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply)
* Free Xbox Live weekends

Xbox Live Gamer Profile
* Personalized 'Gamertag'

* 'Gamer Score' - Part of Gamer Profile: cumulative score of all of achievements. Can be used for quick comparison with other gamers
* 'Location/Language' - Part of Gamer Profile: identifies your location and preferred language
* 'Reputation' - Part of Gamer Profile: rating provided by community that indicates how you are perceived by other players

Xbox Live Community
* Friends List; online presence
* Recent Players List
* Ubiquitous voice chat in game
* Ubiquitous voice chat out of game

Xbox Live Marketplace
* Free and premium downloadable game content
* Free and premium downloadable movies, music and TV
* Downloadable game trailers/demos
* Microtranscations

Xbox Live Message Center
* Game Invites
* Friend Invites
* Text and Voice Messages
* Service/System Messages

Parental Controls
* Managing Friends List
* Sharing profiles and/or viewing other profiles
* Communicating via voice, video, and/or text
* Presence
* Ability to purchase premium content in marketplace

For those stuck offline

Unified Service Approach

Xbox Live Gamer Profile

Xbox Live Marketplace

Parental Controls

I might actually be interested in this console in light of some of the titles coming out on it. It's a shame it's not backwards compatible with the Xbox - because I imagine those games would be coming down in price a lot. Some seem to think that someone may make an emulator - but other than that, you'd be stuck with your old Xbox to play old Xbox games...

DarkLord60
05-13-2005, 01:00 AM
Same specs at the site I posted lol

TiE23
05-13-2005, 01:28 AM
Uh, actually, it ended 22 minutes ago.

and it sucked.
Time zones are a horrible thing I am afraid, and yah, I was pissed off from the show, too.
3 minutes acumulative of the actuall Xbox
5 minutes acumulative of the actuall Xbox 360 games
22 minutes of other crap of new age street kids making video games look cool.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/Fat.jpg

And 3 3.2ghz CPUs? Woah

TiE

Darth Groovy
05-13-2005, 02:02 AM
I don't want this to sound like a shameless promotion, because it is not at all.

GameStop is taking reservations for the X-Box 360 until close of business this sunday. A 4 day window is extreme, but based on the sales of our current x-box (both new and used sell out on a daily basis) this one will be hard to come bye.

The reserve minimum is steep, ($50 guarentees you a system), however you are not out any actual money, because you simply pay the rest of it when you come in.

I only had about 6 reserves so far, but tomorrow and the rest of this weekend could be a different story.

I myself am not yet decided. I think I would lean one way or another if I found out there was some promotional material (like a free game for the first x number sold), but all I know right now, is that it retails for about $299, and will cost more for the additional hard drive wich will make it backwards compatible. There WERE however several phone calls and customers asking about this. Could be exciting.

abespam
05-13-2005, 05:55 AM
so "Multiplayer online game play" is only for gold (paying) service not for silver (free).. that sucks.. why else would u want xbox live..

TiE23
05-13-2005, 10:09 AM
so "Multiplayer online game play" is only for gold (paying) service not for silver (free).. that sucks.. why else would u want xbox live.. Well, my buddy who doesn't have the new Halo 3 map pack could still download it, even when he doesn't pay around $50 for a subscription.

My word: Start counting your pennies.

TiE

Astrotoy7
05-13-2005, 10:19 AM
heh, I saw this too.... astro summary:

*yes madden looked awesome
*yes, the new xb360 looks shyte, like a bit of mac hardware :p
*yes, the ps3 is gonna pwn it [/sony fanboy]

*what Im REALLY looking forward to is what flaws Nintendo are gonna try real hard to make with their concepts and strategies for the N-rev :p

mtfbwya

El Sitherino
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Astrotoy7
*yes, the new xb360 looks shyte, like a bit of mac hardware :p
*yes, the ps3 is gonna pwn it [/sony fanboy]

*what Im REALLY looking forward to is what flaws Nintendo are gonna try real hard to make with their concepts and strategies for the N-rev :p
Yay for flaimbaiting. \o/

Astrotoy7
05-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by InsaneSith
Yay for flaimbaiting. \o/

no its lynkbaiting :p where is the lovable loon ! :D

mtfbwya

Tokarev
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Some of the launch titles looked impressive, but there are some that I will end up getting for PC... Really, FPS is not my choice at all for consoles. So that's a year later to see the titles that come about. MTV, what a waste of 30 minutes when I all I could do is just go to one of the preview/review websites such as tomeshardware to and just read up on it in a few minutes... Not much in the game line up on the show either.. I expected better, but I'll never waste my time with MTV again.

IG-64
05-13-2005, 11:41 AM
Some of the launch titles looked impressive, but there are some that I will end up getting for PC... Really, FPS is not my choice at all for consoles. So that's a year later to see the titles that come about. MTV, what a waste of 30 minutes when I all I could do is just go to one of the preview/review websites such as tomeshardware to and just read up on it in a few minutes... Not much in the game line up on the show either.. I expected better, but I'll never waste my time with MTV again.

:wstupid:

Although it would probably be cheaper just to get an xbox than it would be to upgrade your computer >_>

Acrylic
05-13-2005, 06:00 PM
I still have one question though.

Will it for sure be backwards compatible?

Because I didn't hear that it was, or wasn't going to be.

It better be, on account of I don't want to have to hook the Xbox up again just to play Fable, Halo 2, or Soul Calibur 2.

IG-64
05-13-2005, 06:33 PM
The problem with backwards compatibility is that the original Xbox ran on an nVIDIA graphics processor. When software makes calls to a chipset to produce visuals it uses code specific to that hardware. Xbox 360 runs on an ATI graphics chip meaning that code from last generation games will need to be recompiled or emulated in order to work on the system. Does this mean that consumers will have to chuck their beloved Xbox libraries? Not necessarily. There is a chance that Xbox 360 will have the ability to emulate the old system, though nothing has been announced as of yet.

Taken from IGN's FAQ's page. (http://gear.ign.com/articles/613/613266p1.html)

KBell
05-13-2005, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by IG-64
The problem with backwards compatibility is that the original Xbox ran on an nVIDIA graphics processor. When software makes calls to a chipset to produce visuals it uses code specific to that hardware. Xbox 360 runs on an ATI graphics chip meaning that code from last generation games will need to be recompiled or emulated in order to work on the system. Does this mean that consumers will have to chuck their beloved Xbox libraries? Not necessarily. There is a chance that Xbox 360 will have the ability to emulate the old system, though nothing has been announced as of yet.

Taken from IGN's FAQ's page. (http://gear.ign.com/articles/613/613266p1.html)

Whoa, i was reading that and im like "IG IS SMART???" :eek:

Way to dissapoint me IG :rolleyes: :p

IG-64
05-13-2005, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by KBell
Whoa, i was reading that and im like "IG IS SMART???" :eek:

Way to dissapoint me IG :rolleyes: :p

Why does everyone always say that?

Am I really that stupid?

Am I really that unfunny?

I wonder sometimes.

I know you're joking, but I'm starting to see a trend in jokes pointed at me.

Mike Windu
05-13-2005, 08:09 PM
Why does everyone always say that?
Am I really that stupid?
Am I really that unfunny?
I wonder sometimes

Because it's true.
Yes.
Yes.
I wonder too. :p

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/3105/winnar8ly.gif

nothin but love XD

RoxStar
05-13-2005, 10:24 PM
so "Multiplayer online game play" is only for gold (paying) service not for silver (free).. that sucks.. why else would u want xbox live..

...I thought "Xbox Live Online Game Play" was a different category"....

EDIT: Nope its not.

Will XBOX LIVE Gold be the same price as the curent Live? Because if It is I'm not gonna splurge for a new comp. I'll just by this:D

Swat
05-14-2005, 01:04 AM
Why look at pictures when you can look at a video of its unveiling by the Xbox team themselves eh guys?

Click away! (http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=1589)

The customised designs are amazing!

toms
05-16-2005, 09:18 AM
"amazing" in a "these suck" kind of way? ;)

Rule 147-4: Multinational corporations can never produce "down with the kids" style custom jobs that don't look sad.

That said, once people start making their own they will probably rock.

I didn't watch the MTV thing (what with not being in the US or having sattelite, etc..) but it doesn't seem to have got good reviews on the internet. Though tycho at penny arcade is probably right when he says we weren't the audience an infomercial on mtv was aimed at.

Suprisingly, almost every comment i've read about it has said the system looks sound, but has been unimpressed with the games. (both in terms of the level of graphical improvement and the lack of "new ideas".)
eg: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6124293/p-7.html

I think they may have a point.

PS/ Is it me or is Perfect Dark Zero looking like a poor ps2 game at this point? I sure hope it looks better than that by the time it comes out, as its the only game announced so far that might be a system seller for me.

TiE23
05-16-2005, 08:37 PM
Some clips from a video I saw:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v123/Tie23/xbox_stuff.jpg

TiE

Mike Windu
05-16-2005, 08:58 PM
Completely lame once you consider the fact that only the FACE PANEL is customizable and the rest of it will remain white. :p

TiE23
05-16-2005, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Mike Windu
Completely lame once you consider the fact that only the FACE PANEL is customizable and the rest of it will remain white. :p My black Xbox is now chrome orange, because I got a skin, not all hope is lost Mike.

TiE

Acrylic
05-16-2005, 09:08 PM
My black Xbox is now chrome orange, because I got a skin, not all hope is lost Mike.

TiE

I've seen those skins in action. Can we say..."eew?"

Tokarev
05-16-2005, 09:32 PM
I've seen those skins in action. Can we say..."eew?"

All based on personal preferance Ac. :p

TiE23
05-17-2005, 12:29 AM
I've seen those skins in action. Can we say..."eew?" Well, whenever I go to my friends house, it just looks so ugly. "eew" :p

TiE

Tokarev
05-17-2005, 01:51 PM
Halo 3 parrying PlayStation 3 launch (http://www.gamespot.com/x360/action/halo3/news_6124592.html)

That game alone won't convince me to get the 360... The previous games didn't sway my decision much at the time for Xbox, but I go bored with them..

Hermie
05-17-2005, 05:30 PM
Halo 3 parrying PlayStation 3 launch (http://www.gamespot.com/x360/action/halo3/news_6124592.html)
And that, my friend, is what we call great marketing.

TiE23
05-17-2005, 11:53 PM
Okay, ya know Oblivion? Well, Gamespot has a video (Soon there will be a high rez one)
Now, before you go "oh, thats nice" just think, look at that, then remember that the game is a few dozen square miles large! :D
http://www.gamespot.com/x360/rpg/theelderscrollsivoblivion/media.html

TiE

BongoBob
05-18-2005, 02:32 AM

As the swamps resident Halo fanboy, I'd like to make an announcement...

**** YEAH!!!

Thank you, that is all.

\n/

TiE23
05-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Well: Here is some good news!

From IGN.com
When asked about this issue our source replied that the current playable 360 games would all have framerate issues due to the fact that they are running on alpha test units. A rough estimate placed these machines at about one-third as powerful as the 360. We went head-to-head in Top Spin 2 and noticed that there were visible jaggies and a few frame drops. This is because the Alpha units do not run anti-aliasing and simply don't have the power to run a high-res game at full quality. The developers had tuned Top Spin 2 to run at a smooth 60 frames per second but this was simply not possible on the Alpha hardware. Official sources place the final development kit dates for July and the results promise to look much better.
Link (http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/615/615667p1.html?fromint=1)

Woohoo!! :D

TiE

toms
05-19-2005, 01:25 PM
There is speculation around that they are going to charge a fair ammount for the xbox 360 when it first comes out.

It will be so far ahead of the others that they will have the early adopter market to themselves, so they may well charge a premium for a while, then wait until the others are about to come out before cutting prices.

Didn't the xbox come out at a really high price initially, then get cut almost immediately?

Me? Like with this generation i'll probably wait 6 months or more, until i can buy them at half the price, and buy all the good games on the budget brand. :D

I'm cheap...

[edit]Spec Comparisson between PS3 and XBOX 360 with comments from developers here: http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/games/archives/2005/05/18/ps3_and_360_battle_it_out_in_the_specs_department_ what_in_the_world_do_they_mean.html#more

TiE23
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
To compare to cars, the
Xbox 360 is: a Porsche
PS3 is a: NASCAR
Revelution is a: Suped Up Mini
:-\

PS3 looks more powerful, but lacks many features the Xbox 360 seems to include:
Click (http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/05/17/xbocps3/index.php?lsrc=mwtoprss)

TiE

Acrylic
05-19-2005, 08:28 PM
PS3 looks more powerful, but lacks many features the Xbox 360 seems to include:
Click (http://www.macworld.com/news/2005/05/17/xbocps3/index.php?lsrc=mwtoprss)

TiE

Sony could always choose to add features like that later, but meh.

Sony has got some sweet things with the eye toy, because there were two cups that used eye toy technology, and they could integrate that in a game in real time. On screen was a tub full of water, and they were taking the cups into the tub, and "picking up" water in real time, and throwing the water into another cup. Also, there was some awesome physics things going on.

But meh, I'll end up getting all 3 eventually, so I'll ahve the power (and sexiness) of the PS3, the multimedia and Halo-ness of the Xbox360, and the Revolutionary aspects of the Revolution.

Sucks for all you that are only getting one! :p

Lynk Former
05-21-2005, 11:01 AM
Wow. This console will sell very well for all those who are already Xbox fans. But will it attract those who are sticking with Nintendo and Sony? Nope. Not at all. Sony has powerful technology behind it and Nintendo has a diehard fan following.

The console design is aright. I don't really care about what the consoles actually look like, I'm more interesting in the controllers. From what I have seen of the Xbox360 controller, I can say that the design over the Xbox controllers has risen in quality dramatically. It looks very comfortable, and has all the buttons in the places you would expect them to be. It's a very "traditional" setup and you can't really complain about it.

It's nice that part of Live is free... but it's not all free, and to access the things of worth you will need to pay... Like I said before, many people who have aligned themselves with Microsoft will go for this system, but mark my words, the people who aren't aligning themselves with the 360 will stick with the PS2 and GCN, and the support for the first Xbox will fade away due to the fact that Microsoft will no longer manufacter them, but will support them for as long as its deemed necessary.

My advice to Microsoft is to find ways to cut costs, or suffer more losses like they did with the first Xbox, because they're not going to suddenly get all the support just because they launched first. They will have to fight for every user, and with Sony and Nintendo doing what they do best, it's going to be a very difficult uphill battle for Microsoft in the next generation just as it has been for this generation.

Even if I had Master Chief as my avatar and sig instead of Link, I would still have to say that Microsoft has a lot to be worried about. They made NO profit with this generation despite the great success of the Halo series and the fact that they're in 2nd place in the console race. It will be MUCH harder next generation... but like I keep saying. The Xbox360 will please those who are already fans of the Xbox.

toms
05-23-2005, 07:20 AM
i think xboxes are supposed to start making a profit around the end of 2007... but its not as if MS can't afford to take a hit for a few years to undermine the opposition is it? After all, they do it all the time.

The 360 controller looks like a cheap version of the existing xbox controller. Moving the B&W buttons to the shoulders is probably a good idea, but other than that it hasn't changed much, except the build quality looks worse.
Still, the xbox had the best controller this generation anyway, so i dunno why they would change it much.

[edit]
xbox development system?
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/e3-xbox-360-live-demos-running-on-powermac-g5-104295.php
:D

TiE23
06-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by toms

xbox development system?
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/e3-xbox-360-live-demos-running-on-powermac-g5-104295.php
:D Yah, thats been a rumor for a while. Now it looks like its true. :D

TiE